Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E09: This Land is Your Land...or Hers?

• Start Topic

Robyn, Meri and Kody have a huge fight over who will get which piece of land; Janelle worries the whole family won't get access to the pond; tempers flare and everyone is lashing out at everyone else in the worst fight the family has ever had.

Let's see- very bad acting over land they will never build on (and if they did, Meri won't be there), Janelle wants everyone to share the giardia/pesticide and asphalt runoff from the drainage pit, and I can bet there have been many worse fights in their history (kitchens, random fast-tracked moves, Kody picking out Robyn's wedding dress, catfish, Robyn in general).

• LOL 4
  • Love 20
19 minutes ago, aimlessbird said:

Why is this even a story line?

They are really scraping the bottom of the barrel this season. Suddenly, Kody is questioning polygamy just because his wives don't get along (never have). Robyn is hand-wringing, dry-crying and eye-booger wiping about living in one house with everyone (never wanted to in the first place). They have barely filmed the kids (because they would probably tell the truth about their parents). Hell, they even had a wife-beater on last week, and completely embraced him.

If this show continues, you can bet the story lines will get even more dumb. They live their lives on SM, so we know everythingk a year in advance and can instantly spot the bullshit. In fact, that seems to drive a lot of our discussion here, comparing RL and TLC-L.

• Love 21
1 hour ago, aimlessbird said:

Why is this even a story line?  Each wife already has a deed to an individual property.  Robyn's name is on quite a few of the deeds even.

is this the 'Scraps' that we have been waiting for? might be fun and i think it's refreshing if the under-wives, Janelle and Christine express what they want instead of silently taking Meri's leftovers. 

• Love 7

They're just recycling old plot lines. 

This is Vegas Redux.

And after Flagstaff gets old/too expensive, they will pull up stakes and go somewhere cheaper, like St George.

Commensurate with their declining TLC paycheck.

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, aimlessbird said:

Why is this even a story line?  Each wife already has a deed to an individual property.  Robyn's name is on quite a few of the deeds even.

Precisely.  Just beating the long dead horse thinking we are too stupid to notice.  Do they think we are COL's totally ignorant of social media?  Or, hell, People magazine?

And you gotta know that the TV Guide hyped up description about the "worst fight" will turn out to be nothing more than Kootie's little meltdown about Sobyn's "crumbs".  Cue mad faces, fake tears, and eye boogers and fade to black.

Go away, just go away.  You're disgusting.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Wow.  He ain't taking her crap no more.  Can't blame him.  When he said Meri has done that from day one I believe it.  I think she took advantage of being 1st wife for years and they all just caved into her most of the time because it would shut her up.  

Then again this could all be for the show.  The next big thing to keep the show going, is taking on another wife.  Yes it's going to have to happen if they want to keep the money coming in.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Wow.  He ain't taking her crap no more.  Can't blame him.  When he said Meri has done that from day one I believe it.  I think she took advantage of being 1st wife for years and they all just caved into her most of the time because it would shut her up.  

Then again this could all be for the show.  The next big thing to keep the show going, is taking on another wife.  Yes it's going to have to happen if they want to keep the money coming in.

I am here for it.  Robyn deserves to be taken down a peg or six.  She's too old to be Kootie's brood mare, and he's all about maximizing his spawn.  Surely there must be a hot looking 20 something with no self-esteem, that will sell her soul to TLC for money.

• Love 11

I literally changed the channel tonight for the new episode because they are all arguing where they want their new houses. Just be grateful and pick a spot, your husband is about to build u a million dollar home!!! Ugh they are so entitled

• Love 4

If I wanted to listen to a neverending argument, I would just go have dinner with my relatives. Why am I listening to this? 

I haven't been watching this show consistently , so does Meri live alone? Why is her rental house so huge?. And what is up with Kodys hair?

• LOL 10
  • Love 3
(edited)
18 minutes ago, suev33 3 said:

Ill tell you, Im thoroughly enjoying being single in my 670 sq. ft. Apt.  These people need some real world problems.  Not, 'who lives near the trees' problems.....christ🙄

Believe me house hunting is not this bad ..m.or house building. It's the fact that there are 4 different women and one man who doesn't listen.

Edited by antfitz
  • Love 9
18 minutes ago, suev33 3 said:

Ill tell you, Im thoroughly enjoying being single in my 670 sq. ft. Apt.  These people need some real world problems.  Not, 'who lives near the trees' problems.....christ🙄

For real.  My whole place is 940 square feet with a three-foot square patch of grass outside and I feel like the queen of the world.  I cannot stand these fools and I hate that I spend an hour every Sunday night watching them bitch at each other in the middle of field.

• Love 12

Have we really just screwed away 60 minutes of television time talking about trees and property?

Seriously? There is no other story line? Get the hook!!!

stop, already! I don’t want to hear another damn word about this property.

• Love 17
2 minutes ago, answerphone said:

Would it be possible to rent 4 RVs and temporarily park them on their own land?

Wouldn't they be together, but separate?

No utilities to hook up to.

• Useful 5
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, crimson23 said:

what you said. Yes!!  She always wants to be adverse for attention. She was the one who wanted the other property up the dirt road, in all the TREES.   You are absolutely spot on. She is never happy.  Remember how the hat that Mitch's Mom wasn't right either, that was embarrassing. So add Unappreciative.   Remember when she had the hissy fit when Robyn didn't want her to drag Sol to see Mariah in Utah,  She admitted it that Sol and Mariah had a special bond, so she was using the poor kid to get in good with her daughter. She was also 5K over budget before she chose the wet bar and the french doors. She has been taking things from the other wives for years. this is nothing new. Kody is right.  Manipulative and Greedy.

I rarely watch this shit fest an6moer but I watched tonight and all I can say is motherfucking WORD to the above. But also, WHY is Meri even still there? She clearly loathes them all. Just fucking leave and go live in your B&B and move on already. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 22

Meri can't live in the B&B. A part of the reconfigured loan that allowed the purchase without help from the family was that it was commercial property and not a residence for her. She cannot live there.

• Useful 15
  • Love 7

I feel like this season, in particular the two most recent episodes, are leading to Meri’s official exit from the family. Perhaps that decision was already made and TLC is laying the groundwork for the Meri-Kody “spiritual divorce.”

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9