Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E09: This Land is Your Land...or Hers?

• Start Topic

On 3/2/2020 at 9:46 AM, AryasMum said:

Janelle is obsessed with that pond and access to it. Is it that difficult to realize she should take that plot?  

Kody makes everything worse.  The wives should get together without him and sort it all out, then tell Kody their decision. 

I didn't get the idea Janelle was obsessed with the pond.  I do think she sees it as a place all the kids would enjoy and doesn't think Meri would allow that.  Meri would be the boss of who, what, when has access.

Janelle told about how Meri made them go up and down stairs to get to Christine's over in the Leno house.  That had to be a problem with Janelle working and Christine home babysitting and preparing meals!

No problem for Meri as usual!

• Love 14
37 minutes ago, BucFan said:

When everyone was gathered at Christine’s house, what kind of shirt was Meri wearing? It looked like a  shirt an eight-year-old boy would wear with foxes and soccer balls on it. 

It looks like all she wears these days is that crap clothing she shills, LuLaNo.  Many of these so-called styles look juvenile and ridiculous on grown women.

• LOL 2
  • Love 13

So now I'm up to the conference in the living room.  And Meri is "struggling" with Kody's look (well who isn't!)   Lookit, if you can't decide and everybody else has, then you get the left over.  That's is the way it works.  Kody is right...suck it up Buttercup.  Why should they all just hold their breaths while Meri decides?  

7 hours ago, MMLEsq said:

Or "Three's Company" -- was there ever an episode where the plot didn't revolve around some sort of misunderstanding?

it's why I detest that show.  

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
(edited)
18 minutes ago, Granny58 said:

my first impression is..that land is frikkin' enormous.  Why do they need to live so far from each other? 

I can answer this question!   Because each wife thinks she deserves a 4500 Square foot home.  (Eyeroll)  

Edited by Kyanight
  • Love 11

Finally (I think) Kody didn't deserve an apology from ANYBODY out there, except Meri for never giving a straight answer.  Seriously, if I kept vacillating like that (and I do...to a degree because I think out loud AS I make my decisions) without a resolution I expect my husband would get frustrated with me too.  

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

Janelle told about how Meri made them go up and down stairs to get to Christine's over in the Leno house.  That had to be a problem with Janelle working and Christine home babysitting and preparing meals!

This is the only thing where I somewhat agree with Meri. I would hate a parade walking through my living room. What if she was dashing through her living room in her bra and panties and in walks Hunter on his way to play with Paedon?  They should have made a covered walkway outside for the kids to get to Christine’s house.

• Useful 2
  • Love 17
1 minute ago, ehall1052 said:

This is the only thing where I somewhat agree with Meri. I would hate a parade walking through my living room. What if she was dashing through her living room in her bra and panties and in walks Hunter on his way to play with Paedon?  They should have made a covered walkway outside for the kids to get to Christine’s house.

Right?  Or if you had a migraine or were sick and the door was constantly opening and slamming and kids stomping through.  I remember how loud my little ones could be!

• Love 17
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

YES.  I have a post around here somewhere about Mer's popular TH comments, sort of like, Well, I've been mulling this  over and considering it, but, when it was like not that much before, (pause) I did consider that, but, for the longest time, it was not what I had thought, (pause, cry) and I couldn't process it, so, I could not really decide on that thing, because, when you have certain FILLINGS, you have to put that into some sort of perspective, (pause) and give that some thought and then after doing that, I felt like I I was not being heard (pause, cry)  and so I wasn't able to be comfortable with that and many other things that are too numerous to list, but, everyone knows what they are, and  if I am able to eventually, maybe, I will process them and sort them out and .................................So, which lot do you want, Meri? 

I think that she doesn't want ANY plot, but she just can't come right out and say it.  She doesn't want to be part of this family anymore.  That's why she stammers and can't make a decision.  Now we know what's really wrong with Mariah.  She never stood a chance. LOL

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, ehall1052 said:

I remember my 1st apartment, I had to make sure that in alot of the 1 bedrooms I was in the market for- you didn't have to walk through my bedroom to get to the bathroom - that was a peeve of mine.  But it would drive me crazy that someone just can't make up their mind. She goes back and forth, I am surprised Robyn didn't blurt out that Meri was giving her whiplash as well.  Not even sure why they were fighting about what plots, its been like 2 years and shit still aint happening. Got all their panties in a wad for nothingk.  

Edited by Mahamid Frauded Me
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
9 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Not even sure why they were fighting about what plots, its been like 2 years and shit still aint happening. Got all their panties in a wad for nothingk.  

Exactly.  The fakety-fake hoopla on the TV Guide write up is, as we know, "all sound and fury signifying nothing" (™ MacBeth).  Did it really live up to the hype of: "everyone is lashing out at everyone else in the worst fight the family has ever had."  I seriously doubt it.  

They are in their little moronic, denying bubble thinkingk that we are all ignorant of their current state.  They all use social media but apparently think we're all too stupid to follow their shenanigans. 

• Love 8
11 hours ago, MMLEsq said:

Or "Three's Company" -- was there ever an episode where the plot didn't revolve around some sort of misunderstanding?

Where the kisses are hers and hers and hers and hers and his. 

• LOL 17
3 hours ago, ehall1052 said:

How they couldn’t figure out to put Janelle and Christine in the connecting apartments, knowing that Christine would have Janelle’s kids every day, is beyond me.  They really can’t grasp the fundamentals - even Janelle. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
11 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

I think its the Infiniti QX80 and the wives have the smaller versions.  

Thank you Red and thanks to Bichon also for this info. Not that I want to spend that much, but I like a vehicle that has a large square windows on the back and sides. So many cars/SUVs these days seem to have these small back windows and angled side windows that make it harder to see what's passing.

• Love 6
(edited)
4 hours ago, ehall1052 said:

Then she shouldn't have had that space, and it should have gone to someone willing to do it.  If she didn't like aspects of the other two spaces either, then that's too bad...she could either have the space she wanted and give up the privacy or choose one of the other two spaces.  The greater good of the other umpteen family members should have prevailed over the wants of just one Ms. High and Mighty.

8 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

The mystery of the finances is by far the most interesting/intriguing thing about this family.

Absolutely.  Really and truly, there is no way they can even come close to affording the current houses on what they make from TLC, let alone the LV houses and the vacant land.  I would so love to know how they do it.

5 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

YES.  I have a post around here somewhere about Mer's popular TH comments, sort of like, Well, I've been mulling this  over and considering it, but, when it was like not that much before, (pause) I did consider that, but, for the longest time, it was not what I had thought, (pause, cry) and I couldn't process it, so, I could not really decide on that thing, because, when you have certain FILLINGS, you have to put that into some sort of perspective, (pause) and give that some thought and then after doing that, I felt like I I was not being heard (pause, cry)  and so I wasn't able to be comfortable with that and many other things that are too numerous to list, but, everyone knows what they are, and  if I am able to eventually, maybe, I will process them and sort them out and .................................So, which lot do you want, Meri? 

This was spot on...I could hear Meri's voice as I was reading it!

4 hours ago, Soobs said:

I was expecting the title of this episode to be "Forest Through the Trees" or "Who's the Sap?" or "If Meri Falls in the Forest, Will Anyone Care?" something tree related. Seems like a missed opportunity.

Loved it!

Edited by LuvMyShows
  • Love 17
35 minutes ago, LuvMyShows said:

The greater good of the other umpteen family members should have prevailed over the wants of just one Ms. High and Mighty.

Yes!  LIke the family moving to Flagstaff because Dayton was going to college there and Robyn thought with his Aspergers that he should live at home with mommy!  Like moving the umpteen family members instead of finding new homes in Vegas (if they moved because of balloon payments on the house) or ANYWHERE else that has a much more reasonable cost of living!  Instead of the umpteen family members being considered, only Robyn's wants mattered.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Or it could be the answer to the question:  What kind of ice cream to you want? or Do you want the soup or salad? or How would you like your eggs?

Meri has to make a big, fu*@ing, hairy deal out of everything. She made a big deal out of missing Maddie's birthing.  She made a big deal out of not being called when one of the kids came home and she missed it.  She made a big deal out of not wanting to ride with Janelle to their shrink appt and the list goes on and On and ON.  

Nothing is ever her fault and every misstep someone else takes is just so mean and unforgivable. 

Sorry if what I say is offensive, but get off the cross Meri.  We need the wood,  Just stop playing the whoa is me song.  It's really old.

• Love 23
4 hours ago, ehall1052 said:

Totally agree. More than a dozen kids running through my home at all hours? No thanks. It would get old very quickly. A covered walkway would have made way more sense.

• Love 11
12 hours ago, Absolom said:

Ratings are in:  2.052 M viewers and a .46 rating.  It was the sixth cable show of the day.  Sorry folks, but those are quite a bit higher than usual and good for TLC.  

I believe it's because it comes on between "90 Day Fiance" and "Pillow Talk".  Some viewers are either too lazy or can't be bothered to change the channel.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

Where the kisses are hers and hers and hers and hers and his. 

I was wondering why this song was stuck in my head!  
I agree, though, I wouldn’t want tons of kids slamming through my house at all hours. 
Janelle’s insistence about the pond, though, makes me think it was very very ugly with Meri back then. 

• Love 6
(edited)

Why the hell is Kody even involved in this property discussion. He’s still going to be the circuit-ridin’ sperm donor. Let the women work it out, as Christine suggested.

I do love how god speaks to them and tells them what they want to hear.

I think I’d be having panic attacks too if my dad was constantly yanking my family here, there, and everywhere with no idea how to create stability. 

Edited by Tabbygirl521
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, Kyanight said:

Yes!  LIke the family moving to Flagstaff because Dayton was going to college there and Robyn thought with his Aspergers that he should live at home with mommy!  Like moving the umpteen family members instead of finding new homes in Vegas (if they moved because of balloon payments on the house) or ANYWHERE else that has a much more reasonable cost of living!  Instead of the umpteen family members being considered, only Robyn's wants mattered.

is that a fact that going to AZ was for Dayton? How do we know that for sure?  I would think he could get accepted anywhere especially at UNLV. 

• Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, toodles said:

Meri has to make a big, fu*@ing, hairy deal out of everything. She made a big deal out of missing Maddie's birthing.  She made a big deal out of not being called when one of the kids came home and she missed it.  She made a big deal out of not wanting to ride with Janelle to their shrink appt and the list goes on and On and ON.  

Nothing is ever her fault and every misstep someone else takes is just so mean and unforgivable. 

No kidding. She was at Janelle's house during the birthing.  She left.  She acts like someone gave her the wrong address.   The missing of the Garrison visit was also ridiculous. Maybe call someone, reach out, ask what is going on or maybe follow some of your own family on social media and she'd have known.  She is just a Big Big cry baby. 

Edited by crimson23
  • Love 13
1 minute ago, crimson23 said:

No kidding. She was at Janelle's house during the birthing.  She left.  She acts like someone gave her the wrong address.   The missing of the Garrison visit was also ridiculous. Maybe call someone, reach out, ask what is going on or maybe follow some of your own family on social media and she'd have known.  She is just a Big Big cry baby. 

Words of Robyn:”a big fat crybaby” 

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, ehall1052 said:

it also kinda shows Meri, even back then, didn't have much to do with raising those other kids or hanging out with the other Sisters.  If she was involved, it would be normal for them to be in her part of the house.  She didn't want them around.

• Love 18

This all dragged on and on when it could be summarized this way:

Kody parcels out the lots, and takes into account Meri's comment that she isn't sure about being in the trees which she made when their wife-beating friend was there last week. Then Meri backpedals and says "I didn't really say I didn't WANT to be in the trees; I said I wasn't sure; I LIKE trees; I need sun; I don't know; you gave me the leftover lot."  Robyn very craftily says that she took the offending "tree lot" to be the nice wife and let Meri "win," and that Robyn basically got the bad lot. Lots of back and forth ensues, giving us whiplash. A little pizza picnic is soured as Robyn endlessly wipes her eyes even before things get confusing.  Meri storms off. Kody then proceeds to trash talk her (including a little dancing pantomime that sets his hair flying and lets us see that he's done a cool shave on the sides of his head, forming a sort of long, curly mohawk). The other wives subtly agree that yes, Meri is really annoying and they heard her talk about disliking trees (I'm a bit tired of the word "trees").

Janelle and Christine get together to express their relief to each other that they aren't the least hated wife at the current time. 

The family meets again to try and iron out their differences. Meri feels attacked and points out that this is another reason for them all to hate her. (See? She is the persecuted one). Robyn apologizes, kinda.  Christine is using her sweet inside voice to facilitate things between Meri and Kody, murmuring "let her finish; let her talk; don't look at Kody..." as Meri makes her little pouty face but we really can't take her seriously because what adult woman wears a t-shirt with puppies and soccer balls on it? 

For god's sake, pick a part of the property and be done with it.  Besides, Kody has dollar signs in his eyes because his lawyer friend said the land is worth a fortune!  Rent out houses on it!  Robyn is frowning (well, she always frowns) thinking that Kody is acting like a businessman.  Oh, and by the way, there are NO HOUSES AT ALL IN FLAGSTAFF TO RENT. NONE. Robyn MUST BUY A HOUSE (which makes her cry again). I'm not sure why the concept of buying a house makes her so upset. But it does.

• LOL 8
  • Love 10
On 3/1/2020 at 10:20 PM, Brittany said:

Just be grateful and pick a spot, your husband is about to build u a million dollar home!!!

Except that he's not.  They have had that land for well over a year and there hasn't been so much as a stake in the ground.  That whole thing is just a load of BS to get them another (extremely boring) season.  

• Love 9
7 hours ago, crimson23 said:

is that a fact that going to AZ was for Dayton? How do we know that for sure?  I would think he could get accepted anywhere especially at UNLV. 

Its been speculated - I don’t think anyone knows for sure. It’s been said that the school Dayton goes to has fantastic resources for autistic students and that may have been why they made the move.

In general, I don’t see anything wrong with parents wishing to be closer to their child, especially since some autistic children struggle with change. But this move had bigger implications for the rest of the family.

• Love 9
11 hours ago, AryasMum said:

How they couldn’t figure out to put Janelle and Christine in the connecting apartments, knowing that Christine would have Janelle’s kids every day, is beyond me.  They really can’t grasp the fundamentals - even Janelle. 

I’m guessing Janelle got the larger side because she put down a significant amount of money for the house. So she got first choice and I don’t blame her for securing the most space. 

That left the upstairs/downstairs apartments and either Meri would be downstairs under Christine’s kids or she’d be upstairs, but the kids wouldn’t be allowed to walk through her apartment. 

I’d love to know how the decision was made. Did Christine just say fuck it and take the shitty downstairs apartment even though she was the SAHM for the family? Did Meri ban the kids from her apartment from day one or after she got tired of having them run through her place? Did Kody or Janelle get involved at all? 

Based on what we know Meri was a bitch on wheels during the first few years. So much so that Janelle left the family *for years* then came back and devoted herself to work so she wouldn’t be home to deal with Meri. Christine became the mediator between the two, likely the one who had to hear them complain about each other AND deal with Kody bitching about them (we all know he does). She had to be the sweet wife, the one who didn’t make his life difficult. And for years she felt as if she couldn’t even be affectionate with her husband unless it was in the bedroom because there were people constantly in her apartment. 

Meri got the privacy, the ability to go to school, the ease of sending her kid down to Christine’s for dinner because “what’s one more kid?” and she didn’t have to deal with Kody’s other kids unless she chose to be bothered.  

• Love 14
7 hours ago, crimson23 said:

We cannot even know Dayton's GPA or how well he did on his ACT/SAT.  (Is that even a requirement for acceptance any more?)  There is also essays that need to be written to be accepted - every teen isn't accepted every place they apply - not to mention it costs between $50 (which is the VERY low end) to $100 and more to apply anywhere - and it is not returned.  I doubt Dayton applied THAT many places - and if he had possessed a stellar GPA and done very well on any tests I doubt Robyn would be so worried that Dayton couldn't manage on his own.  He's not a child any more - he's a young adult.  

It's true, we don't know this for a fact.  But it was "telling" that as soon as the deadline passed for acceptance to colleges, the Browns had to move immediately - and to an area known for a very high cost of living.  Do you honestly believe that if Dayton had been accepted to UNLV, the family would have moved to Flagstaff?  Not to mention Robyn DID say that Dayton needed to live at home to adjust to college life... and I don't know how he could have done that if Robyn didn't live in that particular town.

• Useful 3
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, KateHearts said:

Robyn MUST BUY A HOUSE (which makes her cry again). I'm not sure why the concept of buying a house makes her so upset. But it does.

Since Robyn knows her fans are aware of the fact that she HAD to have a very large house which costs almost a million dollars, maybe she felt if she showed just how much she DIDN'T want to buy a house (but was forced to) they would "understand".  Although - someone here said there were almost 70 houses to rent there at the moment.  Maybe 70 families all moved out at once AFTER Robyn was forced to buy a house.   Lots of people migrating to another state.  Maybe to get away from the Browns.

And I can't remember what Robyn apologized for (I haven't been awake that long yet this morning!) I DO recall it was for something like crying or tripping on a prairie dog hole, but not for anything substantial.  (It was pointed out in another post somewhere.)

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, trimthatfat said:

In general, I don’t see anything wrong with parents wishing to be closer to their child, especially since some autistic children struggle with change. But this move had bigger implications for the rest of the family.

Right - because there were three other wives and a lot of other kids involved... kids who were doing very well in school and were very involved in outside curriculum.  If just ROBYN moved - (and Kody didn't abandon everyone else in the family and move with her) no one would have cared much I don't think.  But the fact that this ONE child had to be the center of the world when you have SO many other children is just wrong.  If Dayton is functioning enough to attend college and do everything required to be accepted to this college... chances are he could manage on his own if Robyn would let him try.  The fact that this college has many other people with the same type of issues shows that this college would have resources to help these kids succeed.  I doubt all of those other parents moved to Flagstaff.  And yes - all kids are different.. but we aren't talking about a kid with Aspergers attending Elementary school - this is higher education and the point of higher education (if you are willing to shell out that kind of money and spend 4 or more years working on a degree) is so that you can hold a higher level position in the employment world.  If THAT is going to happen, this person NEEDS to be high functioning to make it in the professional world - and learning to take care of one's own personal daily needs should certainly be a part of it.

Not to mention Robyn HERSELF has shown that she tends to smother her children and baby them well beyond the age where they need it.  Wasn't Arielle 3 or 4 years old and Robyn had to go somewhere but she had to be SPOON fed and had all these special requirements for everything in life, including having to sleep with an adult?

• Love 16

My favorite part was out on the land when there was an awkward pause, and Christine says, “Well I’m thinking that maybe I want that lot. It seems like it’s the place to be” or something like that. +10 points to Gryffindoor!

• LOL 10
  • Love 8
(edited)
5 hours ago, SongbirdHollow said:

My favorite part was out on the land when there was an awkward pause, and Christine says, “Well I’m thinking that maybe I want that lot. It seems like it’s the place to be” or something like that. +10 points to Gryffindoor!

I loved that Christine and Janelle stood by and let Meri and Robyn roll.  It gave insight into what they all must live with in their daily situations, Robyn wearing her Martyr crown, declaring that she was willing to take the "scraps" for the good of harmony in the family and Meri holding everyone hostage, wielding whatever power she has left. 

It revealed to me the jockeying for position and power dynamics that must attend every major decision made by this quintet of participants.  Big shoutout to Janelle, who is, in her own quiet way, avenging the backseat (recliner) position she has been assigned by revealing Robyn's sleeping habits and Meri's intolerance of her supposed bonus kids messing up her sanctuary.

Edited by Sandy W
changed a word
  • Love 18
40 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

If Dayton is functioning enough to attend college and do everything required to be accepted to this college... chances are he could manage on his own if Robyn would let him try.

And it was posted that Day'n had spent, what, a couple of weeks out camping on his own the summer before college. Alone.  No mommy hovering over him. By himself.  But he can't go to a college with students that have the same issues?

• Love 24
Just now, Kohola3 said:

And it was posted that Day'n had spent, what, a couple of weeks out camping on his own the summer before college. Alone.  No mommy hovering over him. By himself.  But he can't go to a college with students that have the same issues?

I had completely forgotten about that!  That is a HUGE indication that Dayton can certainly take care of himself in a college dorm.  Not ONE of my kids or son/daughter-in-laws have ever done that, despite their great love for camping.

• Love 7

The most telling moment was when Meri commented, that she had not yet decided where she wanted to be, that she needed more time to think about it.  THAT comment says it all.  She wants to be able to decide, not given a spot.  I do believe it is not about Trees or where she will end up.  It is all about her being pissed that others got to choose and were given preference over her.  She wants to be in control, whether it is by calling all the shots or holding out in order to mess things up...be the center of attention. We have seen this behavior over and over, when choosing the layouts and budgets for the Vegas homes, making Robyn wait for her decision on surrogacy, dragging out the in vitro conversations for years   and on and on

• Love 19
12 minutes ago, crimson23 said:

The most telling moment was when Meri commented, that she had not yet decided where she wanted to be, that she needed more time to think about it.  THAT comment says it all.  She wants to be able to decide, not given a spot.  I do believe it is not about Trees or where she will end up.  It is all about her being pissed that others got to choose and were given preference over her.  She wants to be in control, whether it is by calling all the shots or holding out in order to mess things up...be the center of attention. We have seen this behavior over and over, when choosing the layouts and budgets for the Vegas homes, making Robyn wait for her decision on surrogacy, dragging out the in vitro conversations for years   and on and on

Exactly!  And did you (and everyone else) immediately think - HOW LONG DO YOU FREAKING NEED????  Because they bought the land HOW long ago... and even if they are trying to pretend that they just bought the land... Meri has had weeks or months even on THAT timeline to "think" about where she wants to plop her ass.   If ANYONE doesn't think that this is all about control, they need their heads examined.   Meri could have thought about it when she was standing there talking with everyone and given an answer.  This isn't exactly rocket science.  Pick a spot.  You don't have to manufacture a nuke by memory!

• LOL 2
  • Love 14

Meri has never wanted 8 kids IMO.  She pretends that so she'll get her way, on every cotton-picking thing!  Poor me, I should get first shot at EVERYTHINGK, because I can't be Fertile Myrtle, and give Kootie more spirit babies!  More entitled bitches like More-iah, is more like it.

Bitch on wheels.  Forever and always.  I'd go insane dilling with her.

• Love 16
17 hours ago, Soobs said:

It really looks like Meri is passive aggressively trying to get kicked out of the family She can't nut up and leave so she just makes everyone miserable hoping they'll kick her to the curb. If it was just Janelle, Christine and Robyn I doubt they'd argue that much.

I was expecting the title of this episode to be "Forest Through the Trees" or "Who's the Sap?" or "If Meri Falls in the Forest, Will Anyone Care?" something tree related. Seems like a missed opportunity.

And then she can lay the guilt on all of them. Meri is incapable of owning responsibility for anything that isn’t a shiny success. She’s a big fat fake. 

• Love 6
42 minutes ago, crimson23 said:

I agree that is more about Meri’s need for control than whether she wants trees or not. Yes, she is really frustrating in how she communicates—how she goes around in circles and doesn’t just come out and say things. However, choosing not to decide right now IS a choice, imo. 
Just say to Kody, “I ‘m not ready to decide right now until I have more information. The surveyor has not been here, and I need to know about where septic fields will be and drainage issues first. Why do you need a decision right now before technical logistics have been addressed?”

Instead, Meri stares at Kody, turning red ( at Christine’s house) and he glares back at her like he’s ready to murder. Very dysfunctional. Adding fuel to the fire is St. Robyn the Martyr and Janelle and Christine hopping on the Kody bandwagon. There was no way there was going to be a resolution with that dynamic.

IMO, Kody was going to bat for Robyn, not only because she is the favorite, but because her house will also be HIS HOUSE. He spends most of his time with her (I would bet real $$ on it) and they are the legal couple— he has a vested interest in which plot Robyn gets.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, Soup333 said:

Based on what we know Meri was a bitch on wheels during the first few years. So much so that Janelle left the family *for years* then came back and devoted herself to work so she wouldn’t be home to deal with Meri. 

The conflict between Meri and Janelle isn't because Meri's "a bitch on wheels" -- Janelle was MARRIED to Meri's brother, but, she divorced her husband to chase (and catch) Kody.

Judging by the comments here, if Kody's smart, he'll keep the "hate on Meri train" rolling as long as he can to keep the show going. The catfish story gave this show a boost back then, and now all the hate towards Meri is keeping people tuned in to watch the infighting, waiting breathlessly to see if she leaves the family or gets kicked to curb. It's definitely more interesting than weddings and babies.

• Useful 4
  • Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

It was only 4 days, but I agree with you; clearly he could plan the trip to see the Grand Canyon sights he wanted to see, drive, buy gas & food & find campsites himself.  Those were probably the best 4 days of his life, away from the fambly stress & drama.  It was some holistic health person who said he had Asperbergers in 2008, but it was never clear if he'd been diagnosed by a true professional.  That term is no longer used, but would indicate a high-functioning autistic person, which is what I see on screen. Either that or a shy introvert. 

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

I've mentioned before I knew at least one person in his late 40s who's on the spectrum and able to function on his own. 

Robyn should be encouraging Dayton to spread his wings, but they need him around as a plot device, dontcha know.

• Love 4