Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E01: Kicked Out

• Start Topic

It's the sister wives' first day unpacking after moving the whole family to Flagstaff; it's pouring rain and the neighbors at Meri's house have called the police.

Game on, COLs. You know, I don't remember it raining when they moved. In fact, it was later (I live south of them).  Ah, the joys of filming out of sequence.

I am going to use DirecTV episode numbering. Hope this doesn't go off the rails. Good luck, and may the force be with us this season.

Edited by Galloway Cave
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

So who kicked them out of Vegas? The mortgage holders?!?

Kootie also seemed to be having liquidity problems in that business with his high school "buddy".  In the episode where Meri was begging for $40,000 for the BnB, Kody said he had a lot of money in the business, but his buddy mentioned that they would see little or no profit when they sold the business. Or negative profit due to its shady nature.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

Kicked out, my ass.  Another fakety-fake TLC attention-grabbing title.  I bet there isn't even the vaguest reference to it during the episode.  Ranks right up there with "tell all episode" where we hear zip.

• Love 6

Always playing the persecuted plyg card.  

27 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Kootie also seemed to be having liquidity problems in that business with his high school "buddy".  In the episode where Meri was begging for $40,000 for the BnB, Kody said he had a lot of money in the business, but his buddy mentioned that they would see little or no profit when they sold the business. Or negative profit due to its shady nature.

I think I remember that call.  I could swear it sounded like Ken, the one that Kootie went to school with, and Christine was so pissed that Ken told Kootie to come back to LDS, and "leave 3 of your wives behind."  Another MLM scam?  Probably, I'm guessing.

I'll probably fall asleep when the new episode is on tonight.  Look forward to snarking with all of you tomorrow!  The live chats don't work for me, as I'm on the west coast.  Right now TLC is airing Aspyn's Royal Weddingk.  Kootie in a kilt, ugh!

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Galloway Cave said:

Game on, COLs. You know, I don't remember it raining when they moved. In fact, it was later (I live south of them).  Ah, the joys of filming out of sequence.

I am going to use DirecTV episode numbering. Hope this doesn't go off the rails. Good luck, and may the force be with us this season.

Where in the world do they get the money for all these houses and a big custom designed, multi-million dollar mansion? 🤑

• Love 7

I'm going to set up a Live Chat thread, so let's please note discuss the episode live in here, and save commentary in this thread for after the episode ends. I can't lock this thread due to some forum issues, so we'll leave it open.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

I am still in shock that they thought this was a good idea before the houses were sold in LV.  Why the hell did they let him go ahead and do this??  I know Kody is the "leader of the family" but those women are strong.  I am surprised Christine did not just put her foot down and say, "no way in hell."

• Love 7

Vegas has really changed in the last 3 years. Really? What a lame excuse. I think it has more to do with having a story line to keep this mess on the air. They're all just so fake. One big happy family that doesn't want to live in the same house. Give me a break.

• Love 19

Christine's ginormous "master suite" - they couldn't move some of Meri's bedroom stuff up there for awhile/a couple weeks, until she found another place to rent? Her bed, her dresser, a couple suitcases? She's rarely home anyway. It made better sense for Meri to schlep herself 5 hours back to Vegas? I thought Christine "wanted the family, not just the man." Pffftt. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 12

I will say Jenelle’s hair looks pretty. 

I don’t know why I watch, either. Watching Kody and his ridiculous mane going READY, FIRE, AIM all the time, then whining about the mess? Urge to kill. 

I cannot stand when he refers to “all the wives.” What clearer way to illustrate that he’s king and then there’s the sheep. 

Edited by Tabbygirl521
  • Love 7

OMFG!

20 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

I will say Jenelle’s hair looks pretty. 

I don’t know why I watch, either. Watching Kody and his ridiculous main going READY, FIRE, AIM all the time, then whining about the mess? Urge to kill. 

I cannot stand when he refers to “all the wives.” What clearer way to illustrate that he’s king and then there’s the sheep. 

I thought Mary’s hair looked great in one of the scenes too.  He is so insane.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, suzywallis said:

I am still in shock that they thought this was a good idea before the houses were sold in LV.  Why the hell did they let him go ahead and do this??  I know Kody is the "leader of the family" but those women are strong.  I am surprised Christine did not just put her foot down and say, "no way in hell."

This is what I will never understand and keep waiting for one of the people in the family to wonder out loud. Putting aside that they were fine in Vegas, why did they move to Flagstaff before they built on that property?

Also, they don't seem to get that their need for great space is dwindling. I think 6 of those 18 kids are grown and out of the house, which should leave them with 12 kids at home. Four homes and 12 kids isn't a need for enormous homes, right?

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Armchair Critic said:

😂 I'll show myself out....  

Kody.jpg

I dont know what is more disturbing, Kody in his underwear or grown people playing  in this water. Do they have any idea what is in this ? Porbably not. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
14 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

I dont know what is more disturbing, Kody in his underwear or grown people playing  in this water. Do they have any idea what is in this ? Porbably not

I would absolutely have died as a teenage girl if my dad and brother had stripped down to their underwear in front of me and jumped into that pond.  And as a mom I would be appalled if my husband and son did the same, but I am a COL so what does my opinion matter.

I missed the chat last night as it was a girls' night out to see the remake of "Little Women."

9 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

No, these are NOT strong women.  They use the phrase a lot to refer to themselves, but when have you EVER seen any of them not eventually give Kody his way? 

No, they are not strong, and they seem to get weaker and weaker when they are in a group with Kody at the "conference table."  It is like he sucks any intelligence and strength from them.  I hate watching that.

I cannot wait to read the live chat when I get home tonight.

• Love 12

So perhaps the neighbors were angry that a TV show was moving into their little neighborhood and NOT because of how they live?? good grief.  We all know that Meri's house would be quiet as no one is going to visit her but the tv crew would probably be a huge nuisance to them. The poor landlord probably didn't even think about that when agreeing to let her rent. 

AND when the 'old man' was recording them... it was probably to post on facebook or something. Like 'oh yea, look what's going on in my neighborhood right now'.  Not to use against them. Dingbats. 

If a tv crew showed up in any neighborhood people would probably get out their phones and start recording or taking pictures! 

24 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I shook my head after a big gulp of wine when Robyn announced it was Kody's idea to move to Flagstaff. It was all Robyn's idea so that she could be close to D'ayun . She rilly is a big liar 

Shes smart that way - she makes Kody think it was his great idea.

• LOL 1
  • Love 19
8 hours ago, suomi said:

Christine's ginormous "master suite" - they couldn't move some of Meri's bedroom stuff up there for awhile/a couple weeks, until she found another place to rent? Her bed, her dresser, a couple suitcases? She's rarely home anyway. It made better sense for Meri to schlep herself 5 hours back to Vegas? I thought Christine "wanted the family, not just the man." Pffftt. 

No, because they are all jealous of each other - God only knows why, and have no interest in sharing or truly acting like one big happy family unless the cameras are rolling.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Some tweets from last night:

B57EB645-5CAC-43AA-88B5-24EE9FE86972.jpeg

00FD00C5-13CB-4678-9A57-A893DFFBFE22.jpeg

8FECE01F-A02F-42C5-9E25-D15CD5ECC5EF.jpeg

25FF4F03-A36E-4143-A0E7-573F1C3F5041.jpeg

Gabriel got his own suit.  He must be very nicely dressed.

I think all the Brown spawn inherited the poor grammar gene from dear old dad.

• LOL 13
  • Love 1

Oh. My. God. This show.   Kody narrates: "It stopped raining."  Cut to the moving van pulling up to Meri's garage and, indeed, it is not raining, as we see for ourselves.  IN fact, it had already been established that unloading at Meri's was the plan b/c they could do it whether it was raining or not. And yet this show has so little content, they include Kodouche saying, "It stopped raining."

And Christine will praise that man for breathing.  Jumping into the manure stew with the kids was a great dad moment? Did he pay any attention to the kids or just to the cameras?  

And then they show "this season on . . ." And I know I'll be here for it all. Stupid Kodouche

• LOL 4
  • Love 11
10 hours ago, Lady of nod said:

Vegas has really changed in the last 3 years. Really? What a lame excuse. I think it has more to do with having a story line to keep this mess on the air. They're all just so fake. One big happy family that doesn't want to live in the same house. Give me a break.

It has, we just left the area last year. Still, I agree with you that they used it as an excuse, but there’s some legitimacy behind it (I worked in public safety and it was wild how much it changed). 

• Useful 7
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, 65mickey said:

I dont know what is more disturbing, Kody in his underwear or grown people playing  in this water. Do they have any idea what is in this ? Porbably not. 

I think this isn't an either or choice.  It's all rilly disturbing.

Edited by toodles
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3

Lightning bolt! (I haven't read the live chat, so apologies to anyone who got there first). There was no intolerant neighbor. There was no lease-breaking landlord. But there was an overstretched gang of dopes who could really use one less costly rent to pay, even if it meant taking the hit for breaking the lease. Surprising to anybody who got the short straw? 

Edited by TakeAPinotGrigio
  • Useful 3
  • Love 12

I still get the feeling there is something that has not been revealed about the quick move and I now doubt it was about college locations. I'm wondering if it was needed for TLC storyline.  Time will tell. 

I laughed when Meri was so distraught over the wall being built.  Wasn't she the one who had to attend therapy, because, she didn't even acknowledge her sisterwives when they would meet going to the mailbox? Yeah, right.....so fake.

Ref. Robyn hosting a family reunion in her home.  Wouldn't it make sense to do the following; Provide notice that you have moved suddenly from NV and will not be able to host in that house, but, invite the guests to come to AZ for the reunion OR, rent a room for the family reunion at a hotel in NV, since most traveling would be getting rooms anyway, and proceed with the sale of your house, since it's hemorrhaging monthly for each month it doesn't sell.  Letting your house sit idle for the sole purpose of a one day event, incurring all those expenses is just insane, imo. 

I get that they were trying to make Gabriel feel better, but, I don't think they fully appreciate the full risk of contamination with that type of water.   

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Dmarie019 said:

If a tv crew showed up in any neighborhood people would probably get out their phones and start recording or taking pictures! 

This just happened a month and a half ago in MY neighborhood when some drunk guy ran his SUV into an historic bridge, damaging it, taking out a power pole, and knocking down a fire hydrant, resulting in a loss of water for blocks around that lasted until 5 pm the following day. 
Even at 10 pm, the neighbors were out with their smartphones commemorating on Instagram - along with the local news. 

• Love 7

One of my pet peeves on this show (and there are many) is that when they are sitting on the couch rehashing things, they act like it’s new to them and that they are actually doing it the day after the event. Example was when Meri was talking about the neighbors saying it was the day before and the others acted shocked as though they had not heard this yet. They wear the same clothes during these couch sessions throughout the season, so don’t insult my intelligence by acting like you’re meeting daily to do these talks! 

• LOL 3
  • Love 20
1 hour ago, TurtlePower said:

It has, we just left the area last year. Still, I agree with you that they used it as an excuse, but there’s some legitimacy behind it (I worked in public safety and it was wild how much it changed). 

I thought it was due to the shooting.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, valdawn said:

One of my pet peeves on this show (and there are many) is that when they are sitting on the couch rehashing things, they act like it’s new to them and that they are actually doing it the day after the event. Example was when Meri was talking about the neighbors saying it was the day before and the others acted shocked as though they had not heard this yet. They wear the same clothes during these couch sessions throughout the season, so don’t insult my intelligence by acting like you’re meeting daily to do these talks! 

Like when Janelle said, "This will be Gabe's first time seeing Coyote Pass. I hope he likes it."  And Christine says, really selling it, "I hope he does, too." I think she even patted Janelle knee, like, I'm pulling for you, girl.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, TakeAPinotGrigio said:

Like when Janelle said, "This will be Gabe's first time seeing Coyote Pass. I hope he likes it."  And Christine says, really selling it, "I hope he does, too." I think she even patted Janelle knee, like, I'm pulling for you, girl.

Reminiscent of when she tried to bribe Logan into staying home instead of moving to a dorm by making sure he had his own bedroom in the Vegas house. 
Hoping Gabe is made of the same stuff.  I like him quite a bit, he reminds me of one of my nephew's best friends.

• Love 2