Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

I wondered about that scene with Sonny, Carly et al. That scene did show a slightly kinder and gentler Sonny. Maybe they are trying to gradually show that his time as mike has started to creep into Sonny's personality? Then that would set up more of his nina/Carly conflict of feelings. 

2 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

Surprisingly I liked the scenes with Sonny, Carly, Brando, and Gladys. Sonny didn’t make it all about him and Carly was good with getting Gladys to give Brando some space. Hey, even a broken clock is right twice a day. 

Olivia was woman enough to apologize to Austin and take responsibility. That’s a tough thing to do so I have to give her some credit for that. 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

It will be just long enough for Chase and BL to fall in love, sleep together and for her to get pregnant for realsies this time.

Yep.  That’s the only reason they have Chase lying and saying he’s the father so that he and Brook Lynn can fall in love raising a baby that’s not theirs.  Then, they’ll sleep together and make a baby for real.  Because if there’s anything this show is obsessed with is babies.

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, superdeluxe said:

Yep.  That’s the only reason they have Chase lying and saying he’s the father so that he and Brook Lynn can fall in love raising a baby that’s not theirs.  Then, they’ll sleep together and make a baby for real.  Because if there’s anything this show is obsessed with is babies.

And Sasha is not pregnant anymore. So next walking womb, come on down! *The Price is Right Music playing in the background*

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, ljr said:

Sam and Dante together is so gross. They have the same brother and sister. 

I wouldn’t care if they worked well together but they don’t. The actors don’t mesh well playing romantic partners. 

Edited by Hater
  • Love 5
On 11/27/2021 at 3:30 PM, sacrebleu said:

Sam and Dante are having Thanksgiving together, and talking about how their families 'blend'... Have they gone on a date? 

So the script monkeys crossed out Patrick's name and put Dante's, then? This sounds like a retread of that mess. (Although Sam was slightly more tolerable than Sabrina. But then, soap scum was more tolerable than Sabrina! Thank God Robin came back and rescued Patrick from both, though.)

• Love 1
On 11/25/2021 at 12:10 AM, Winston Wolfe said:

Well, since GH is a Disney property, maybe Thor Odinson could show up and, um, "go for the head" with Stormbreaker?

AW HELLS NO!

They would make Thor a Sonny-propper, put him with Carly, and have Sonny, as the most powerful mobster this side of the Bifrost, defeat Loki, Hela, AND Thanos, And without the Infinity Stones or Glove.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

Sam and Dante are having Thanksgiving together, and talking about how their families 'blend'... Have they gone on a date? 

Of course not but to be fair - do 'couples' ever date on soaps?

That scene did show a slightly kinder and gentler Sonny. Maybe they are trying to gradually show that his time as mike has started to creep into Sonny's personality?

Perhaps. And that would be a story worth exploring. Not only for the Nina/Carly stuff but also for his moobster business. I mean shouldn't kinder Mike personality start to conflict with the whole mob thing? I just wish MB was a better actor. Sorry but I think he's terrible.

• Love 7

I think for a change MB is actually trying, instead of phoning in the usual Sonny bluster. I don't think the writing is giving him enough help—merely telling Carly to back off of running Nina out of town is pretty weak sauce—but I do feel like MB is trying to incorporate some of Mike into Sonny.

• Love 11
On 11/27/2021 at 2:30 PM, sacrebleu said:

They had drinks at the Metro Court pool.  That time that KeMo wore those awful cargo pants and felt compelled to defend them on Twitter.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I think for a change MB is actually trying, instead of phoning in the usual Sonny bluster. I don't think the writing is giving him enough help—merely telling Carly to back off of running Nina out of town is pretty weak sauce—but I do feel like MB is trying to incorporate some of Mike into Sonny.

I noticed that right after they brought him back to PC - Cynthia Watros got under his skin and he was really reacting to her in their early scenes after the reveal, once he was fully reestablished in town.

I think it's actually a solid, soapy story if Sonny cheats on Carly with Nina, though they of course can no longer play the Jason angle on Carly's end. But I have no faith in them doing it well or not bungling it out of fear of their dwindling aged audience. I also don't think chemistry aside that Nina is a long-term partner for Sonny (not because Watros is not great but because Nina is just a spent cell after a certain point), nor do I think there is any future story with Sonny that is viable the way he currently is. To me all roads at this point lead to off-ramping him from the mob, bringing back Brenda when he does that and then pulling him back into a white-collar/elder role a la a Victor Newman. It's that or he leaves.

On 11/27/2021 at 6:43 AM, ljr said:

Sam and Dante together is so gross. They have the same brother and sister. 

I can do you worse than that, because I'd test Dante and Brook Lynn.

• Love 5

I'm sorry. Why is Anna telling Sonny about Jason before, i don't know. telling Monica?

Carly. shut the ever lasting crap up. No, actually just drop dead and die. 

Sam in the most sleepiest looking way possible "I'm glad you are home."
also Sam: Danny loses his father. Me: Did Danny ever have him?

Anna: I had respect for him as a person and a parent
Me: BWAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHA

So we spend the entire episode of everyone dealing with Jason's death except Jason's mother. screw you show. 

• Love 13

Wow, it's hard to see Leslie Charleson totter around.

Ugh, more nonexplanations from Hat Man. Can GH please stop this aggravating and unnecessary cliché? It's especially stupid here because we already know he's supposedly Curtis's father, so dragging things out with TJ isn't suspenseful at all.

Shut up, Olivia. You have no standing to sneer at paternity lies.

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Wow, it's hard to see Leslie Charleson totter around.

I remember when they had Denise Alexander clinging for life to various props and pieces of set like six years ago and it was painful to watch. I guess they've accommodated DA in more recent appearances because I always see someone with her when I watch stuff these days, but yeah, poor Les. I think these characters are vital and should be used but there's a point where they need to work with what's good for them and realistic.

• Love 3

Is she still suffering from that broken leg/hip? I have noticed that she walks sorta like. swinging that leg around, but i can't remember when she actually broke her leg (but i would have sworn it was ages ago not recently).

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Ugh, more nonexplanations from Hat Man. Can GH please stop this aggravating and unnecessary cliché? It's especially stupid here because we already know he's supposedly Curtis's father, so dragging things out with TJ isn't suspenseful at all.

I don't remember Donnell Turner delivering all his lines like a tour guide a few years ago. When he was spouting all the exposition to Whitney Portia a week or so ago it was so wooden. But I feel zero connection to anything involving Curtis, T.J., Jordan, etc. They're not invested in.

I just remember when Turner came on he proudly declared he wanted to become 'the Black Luke Spencer' and I just sighed bc there's no way this show will let that happen. I don't know if T.J. and Molly still barely exist like they used to, but the entire Black canvas feels utterly irrelevant to me outside of Trina. And it doesn't have to be that way. Brook Kerr in particular is really good.

Just now, Daisy said:

Is she still suffering from that broken leg/hip? I have noticed that she walks sorta like. swinging that leg around, but i can't remember when she actually broke her leg (but i would have sworn it was ages ago not recently).

I don't know when she injured herself but there's clearly been issues for awhile.

• Love 6

Brooklyn is pretty ballsy giving Valentin the stink eye about the ELQ shares….I mean really what did she THINK was going to happen?!  Even before she got all tangled up in the Maxie drama this was going to be the outcome all along. Actually if Brooklyn would just tell Valentin the damn truth she could probably avoid this.  She’s just digging the hole deeper at this point. 

TJ has the patience of a saint for listening to Hat Man, excuse me, Marshall, for that long. Just spit it out already!!

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Love 7

While it's not as satisfying as seeing Faison/Duke kick Jason into the river, seeing the cave-in is pretty good.

2 minutes ago, jsbt said:

I don't know when she injured herself but there's clearly been issues for awhile.

She's always had a janky walk—I think it's because she's a lifelong horse rider.

It cracks me up how shocked—shocked!—the Qs are by Valentin nullifying the original deal with BLQ. What did they expect? He'd happily skip off into the sunset?

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, jsbt said:

I think it's actually a solid, soapy story if Sonny cheats on Carly with Nina, though they of course can no longer play the Jason angle on Carly's end

I think Carly's "play back reel in her head" will keep spinning, that if only Sonny hadn't have come back then she would still be with the love of her life Jason, therefore he would not have been killed-by-Britt. Carly's resentment against Sonny will grow especially when he continues to be sympathetic to Nina , Brad and probably also Britt.  Sonny will get closer to Nina as Carly goes more off the rails. Then this

2 hours ago, jsbt said:

To me all roads at this point lead to off-ramping him from the mob, bringing back Brenda when he does that and then pulling him back into a white-collar/elder role a la a Victor Newman. It's that or he leaves.

I don't know about the Brenda part.

Maybe then Carly can go all out crazy pants and team up with Peter to take revenge on everyone.

ETA: I am Thankfull that Jason is gone and we have NewDrew!!  Also thank you for Chase and PieCaken

PS I don't know what PieCaken is but since Chase brought it, it must be good!

Edited by Blackie
eta and corrections
  • Love 6

BLQ really wasn't expecting Valentin to take the shares back? Yes, he hired a kid for Nina and created Charlotte without telling Lulu. But wtf was he supposed to do upon finding out this version of events? If he knew the actual truth it would probably go better for BLQ, which is another kicker.

The toothpick is annoying but... I can't be mad at him taking the shares back.

Michael and Willow took Wylie to the parade? Of course they'd do something so cliche. They could just watch Carly be full of air. 

Of course Sonny and Carly find out before Monica. But at least Monica will have Drew who actually appreciated her now. I liked the Drew/Curtis bromance, so I hope they try to put that back and see how DT/CM play off each other and Curtis will have something other than this father story I don't care about to do. 

• Love 7
55 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Maybe she respected the fact that he largely stayed out of his children’s lives, which honestly was the best thing for them.

What a fucking shrew Carly was, per usual.  I didn’t really mind the Sonny/Anna scenes actually.  I have to say I have seen a difference lately in the way MB is playing Sonny.  When he returned he was the same Sonny, but now that he’s settling in I think he’s trying to incorporate some of Mike into Sonny.  My expectations are pretty low, but it’ something.

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Love 11

Oh, Carly, never change. Of course it's Britt's fault that Jason is dead. It's not as if Jason ever had his own mind and made his own decision. *rme* Another incredibly tiresome cliché this fakakta show clings to. 

2 minutes ago, Gigi43 said:

Michael and Willow took Wylie to the parade? Of course they'd do something so cliche.

If only they'd all get crushed under a giant balloon. At least I don't have to see everyone slobber over Wiley.

Yelling "surprise" at Thanksgiving is a little weird, but it was a nice moment, as was Drew arriving at the Qs with pizza. 

• Love 7

Carly: They caught Peter? It's finally over! (or whatever she said about Peter)

Me: Is it really over, LW? 

No one is shocked that Valentin revoked the agreement between he and BL. No baby, no agreement. The end. 

I don't like little kids being trotted out to prop adult romances. My wish is for you and daddy. Eat a Timbit Violet and stop talking! Let the grown-ups deal with their grown-up feelings that they deal with like they're still children.

It hurt me to see Scout hide from Drew. I totally get why she did it. Completely normal reaction. But I guess I was anticipating something a little different seeing as Sam has been showing Scout pictures of her father or so we've been told.

Oh, look! Michael and Willow took their overprivileged runt to NYC to celebrate Thanksgiving. You know, for someone who has been whining a lot about how Nina stole NINE months of Sonny's life, you'd think that he'd want to spend Thanksgiving with the father who has returned to him. But what do I know.

Carly is of course accusing Britt of essentially murdering Jason. Bitch, Jason did what Jason wanted to do.

Drew showing up with the pizzas was a nice touch. Are we going to be spared the song at the end of tomorrow's episode? Very unpopular opinion, but I hate the goddamn song and to be honest, I'm very much over the running joke that is the Q Thanksgiving. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
11 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Very unpopular opinion, but I hate the goddamn song and to be honest, I'm very much over the running joke that is the Q Thanksgiving. 

I don't need to hear everyone singing "We Gather Together" off-key, either. It's a nice thing to do, but I don't need to see it every. single. year. Though it's probably so Wally Kurth can sing on camera, heh.

As for the running joke, I'm okay with it when they don't beat it to death. Some years it's much worse than others. This year was pretty okay, as long as today is the last we hear of it. Props to Valentin for getting his turkey dinner! That's probably a bigger insult than him reneging (entirely understandable) on his deal with BLW.,

• Love 4

ZZzzzzzzz Is this supposed to be the Thanksgiving episode? or the gaslight episode?

All the chest beating and clothes rending at the loss of Jason spoiled much of the episode for me because I know that it's because of a decision that the actor made, not because of anything sad. I have zero empathy for Carly, she's such a witch. She turned from nice to berating Britt faster than the speed barrier.

Wow, Violet sure is keen to replace her mother with Liz.

I wish Curtis would stop whining about how hard his life was because his father was gone. Yes, it was tough but it's tough for a lot of people. My sympathy left long ago. A;so, if its so important that you be the one to tell TJ, go out and find TJ.

Portia was so tentative phoning Curtis to come for dinner, like a 16 year old asking a boy for a date. That's not who Head of Internal Medicine Dr. Robinson should be.

Did the Quartermaines really think that Valentin wasn't going to extract revenge?  Have they met him?

So Michael and Willow took Wylie to New York to see the parade? They must be terrified of Nina, even with all of Sonny's army and Carly's screeching behind them.

"We found ourselves on different sides of the law at times"

1 hour ago, Daisy said:

Yes Anna, Jason is still a criminal. You're supposed to be one of the good guys.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Cheetara1986 said:

i just wish the writers didnt put in the whole Valentin attacking BLQ physical looks

Yeah, that was a super cheap shot, and OOC for Valentin, frankly.

2 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

ZZzzzzzzz Is this supposed to be the Thanksgiving episode?

The whole week is Thanksgiving, according to my cable guide.

• Love 2

The Drew/Scout scenes were sweet but everything seemed rushed.  Drew gets a haircut, shaves, manages to buy a unicorn and all of this?  I don't know.  Felt like Scout was already starting to warm up to him at the end.

As for Kelly/Cameron.  She may work a bit better with CM than DZ (with DZ I see nothing resembling romantic chemistry at all) but I wasn't blown away by the first chem test.  Sam's reaction to Jason dying? She didn't even bother.....

The Jason worshipping from Drew? Yeah, you can keep it.

Edit: Overall something is not clicking emotionally for me in regards to the characters.  This show does little tug at the heart strings anymore.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Yeah, that was a super cheap shot, and OOC for Valentin, frankly.

Ordinarily yes. But he's really hurting right now, especially seeing Chase there as Bailey's father in his place, and the Quartermaines expecting that he wouldn't take back the shares instead of reaching out to him was ridiculous. I can see why he would fight dirty here.

Do we have to listen to Carly screeching at Nina Britt for months now? We just had weeks of her screeching at Nina. I don't blame Sonny at all for not going outside to talk to her.

Edited by statsgirl
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, Blackie said:

OK I had never even heard of PieCaken before. I just looked it up and no thanks. After a full turkey dinner that would be TOO much, even too much after a pizza dinner. 

PieCaken is dangerously close to being a hate crime against food.

3 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

But he's really hurting right now, especially seeing Chase there as Bailey's father in his place,

Sorry, that's no excuse. Saying stuff like that does him no favors, and makes BLQ sympathetic, which is definitely not what he wants right now. Hit her and the Qs properly: ELQ and their bank accounts.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Cheetara1986 said:

I completely get Valentin's anger and rightfully so, i just wish the writers didnt put in the whole Valentin attacking BLQ physical looks.

I was distracted during watching and didn't hear that. What did Valentin say exactly? I know there was something about a her singing like the Q's dog or something?

• Useful 1
3 minutes ago, Winston Wolfe said:

I was distracted during watching and didn't hear that. What did Valentin say exactly? I know there was something about a her singing like the Q's dog or something?

I think it was him saying she had less class than the dog. Which just makes me roll my eyes again at Valentin's stunning hypocrisy. BrookLynn is low class for lying to him about her daughter's paternity. Didn't Valentin try to have Lulu killed instead of just sharing custody with her? Not to mention trying to kill Nikolas and throwing Ava over the side of a building. He's not anyone to be trashing anyone else's moral character.

• Love 7

Sam, telling your 5-year-old that her dad's been away for a very long time but now he's back is going to screw her up for life as for the past couple of years she has believed he was dead. Everyone did. I know this is soapworld, but come on.

And Marshall, you don't get to scold your adult son for the language he uses in a hospital chapel. A) You gave up the right to scold him when you left him when he was a little kid. And B) He's an adult.  I don't know why, but that really, really bugged me.

Where were all of Elizabeth's sons?

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

Where were all of Elizabeth's sons?

Well She said to Carly that the "kids" were delivering meals at the hospital, I thought that meant Cam and Joss but maybe the others too. Although shouldn't Anna be calling her to tell her Jake's dad is dead (GH-dead)'

45 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Do we have to listen to Carly screeching at Nina for months now?

Do you mean Britt? and probably yes.

34 minutes ago, Winston Wolfe said:

He said he found her attractive and something (I forget) which doesn't count now, so at least he doesn't have to stick around to watch her lose her looks. Anyways I think they just had to have him say something bad so they could have Chase punch him. I hope he still didn't have that toothpick in his mouth when Chase punched him.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I like Britt and KT is doing a good job but that scene with Carly Snarly was awful. Cowering is not a great look for her. And did all the security at GH have the day off?

It hurts to admit CM is a good Drew (so far). I hate he's stuck propping Jason though, as was Anna. I'll be glad when we get past it. 

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

I liked Valentin wrecking the Q turkey, but not a fan of the toothpick, seemed a little declasse for him, especially drinking scotch.

Ya I didn't quite get that other then a prop to show that he had been in the kitchen. I guess they couldn't have him walking around with a leg of turkey.

• LOL 2

I wish LW wasn't vaccinated so I wouldn't have to watch Carly on my screen. Seriously hate the character so much. She ruins the whole show.

Britt, on the other hand ... Kelly Thibault really hit it out of the park with her expressions. She seemed to just shrink smaller and smaller. I just find her so great to watch.

• Love 14

Why do the writers think having Snarly SheBeast yell, demean, and threaten everyone with who she crosses paths is of interest.  How about we see her trying to 'mother' those children she 'stole' or birthed.  Now THAT would be hilarious!  Some of my favorite 'girl' moments are when the nurses used to gather at the Floating Rib bar for drinks and girl talk.  Not someone constantly screaming at others.

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, KayVeeTeeVee said:

Why do the writers think having Snarly SheBeast yell, demean, and threaten everyone with who she crosses paths is of interest.  How about we see her trying to 'mother' those children she 'stole' or birthed.  Now THAT would be hilarious!  Some of my favorite 'girl' moments are when the nurses used to gather at the Floating Rib bar for drinks and girl talk.  Not someone constantly screaming at others.

Carly hates other women and can't function like a normal person in society because she feels that every woman she crosses paths with is a threat to her and her place in some penis's life.

Jason dropped everything to go to Greece with Britt and instead of Carly seeing Britt's grief over what just happened, she does what she does best. 

Carly needs to die. Simple as that.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 16

Why was Carly acting like Jason wasn’t a mob hit man or didn’t put himself in countless dangerous situations for her, her husband, or her children? Her little rant to Britt made it sound like Jason would have never been in danger in his life if he didn’t go there to help her rescue her mother. I wish someone tells her that Dr. O said shooting his gun in the cave might cause it to collapse. He died due to his own stupidity and was mostly there in the first place because things were awkward with Sonny and Carly and he wanted to escape like he always does. 

• Love 18

Valentine called Brooklyn someone he once found "moderately attractive," said at least now wouldn't have to be around and watch her lose her looks, and impugned her singing voice. ...and told her she had less class than the family dog. But still, what is with Chase cold-cocking him, especially since Chase knows V is devastated, probably drunk, and acting out. He's being an ass, but just throw him out. I did not think physical assault was called for. V could have had him arrested. 

DO NOT CARE ABOUT MARSHALL!!!! And there is nothing he can say about his stupid mysterious past that will change my mind. 

• Love 6