Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

43 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Carly is legit calling the police... for Nina spending time with her grandson.

Yeah, again, not a crime.  There's no restraining order against Nina, so no.

43 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Carly goes "did Nina follow you here?" and WILLOW GOES "Well that didn't occur to me."

Willow, Nina was ALREADY THERE ON A PHONE CALL when you and PointlessPlotLine showed up.  Stop bending at the will of that bully.

• Love 14

Again with Sonny Corinthos, life coach, telling Brando having a baby is life-changing. No duh.

Shut up, Carly. Ugh, she's relentlessly terrible when it comes to Wiley. Nina is going to cross paths with him. As long as she doesn't seek him out, what's the big deal? Calm the fuck down, lady. Good lord. Of course Sonny isn't making things better. What a coward. Get it all out and deal with it. It would make for better watching than Carly going ballistic every time Nina is in her orbit. 

The guard Jason killed was hilariously hammy. Good job, day player! The fight between Drew and Jason was pretty hammy, as well. And it took him long enough to get the stupid tarot card out of his pocket.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

PCPD must have way more cops than any other city in America, if Carly expects that they would do anything about a non-threatening woman not threatening a child in spite of NOT having a restraining order of any kind. Can you imagine the 911 call: Please come quickly! Someone I don't like is talking to a kid that isn't mine and she's bugging me!

• LOL 14
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, KittyQ said:

PCPD must have way more cops than any other city in America, if Carly expects that they would do anything about a non-threatening woman not threatening a child in spite of NOT having a restraining order of any kind.

Carly thinks the PCPD works for the Corinthii. And, infuriatingly, she's not far wrong.

• Love 6

I guess Sasha is using the same fake pregnancy belly that Brooklyn used because it’s huge!

Good for Willow for growing a tiny backbone and standing up to Carly for a millisecond. What a shrew (Although Willow, it really is ok if your kid cries sometimes. You can’t always do what they want, it’s called parenting.)

I didn’t like Maxie trying to turn the tables on Austin. What Michael and Willow did to Chase was like 1000x worse than what Austin did. In fact, Austin’s didn’t make Chase do anything. He asked, and Chase decided on his own to go through the files. And as far as Gladys well I’d rather deal with her than any of the saintly Corinthos clan.  Plus, if Austin has a vendetta against BLQ it’s because of the way she treated him, and unnecessarily at that.

Even still, Brooklyn and Valentin was sad. Made me tear up. I mean we knew it would come to this but it was still rough. 

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Love 14
28 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Of course Carly doesn't see Willow as Wiley's mother. Carly sees Willow as someone she can push over and bully.

It would be interesting if this began a story line where Willow began to have conflicts with Carly, and then started to make it more and more clear to Michael that he'd better begin to to stand up to his mother and support Willow in her parenting decisions if he wanted any more vanilla sex back at the Q mansion. 

And I want a unicorn for Christmas.

25 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Of course Sonny isn't making things better. What a coward. 

I had to laugh at his "duh" face response today during Carly's shrieking about Nina. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 6

Willow couldn't get Wylie out of there fast enough when she saw Carly approaching Nina. Is the Willow growing a spine, or is she still going to be a Corinthos propper?

Brook Lynn pleading with Valentin on "you, me and Bailey" felt like it came out of nowhere since they've had her flirting with Chase and thus it felt like BL was manipulating.

Maxie, Michael and Willow had an adulterous affair that they hid from Chase not because of love but guilt. Don't try to make Austin the villain here; all he did was give Chase an opportunity to act rather than stew in resentment.

13 minutes ago, Daisy said:

now Carly threatens Nina in front of Sonny and instead of Sonny actually doing the right thing, he chickens out. (again)

Sonny needs to step back because Carly is the tougher mob boss.

34 minutes ago, Daisy said:

That clap back came so fast that it should be crystal clear that Carly doesn't "see" Willow as Wiley's mother anymore than Nelle. that's Michael's kid and WIllow is basically the nanny so if she steps out of line Carly can do whatever she wants to Willow

To be honest, I don't think that Carly thinks of Wylie as being Michael's either. If Michael decided to let Nina have free access to Wylie, Carly would do everything in her power to stop it from happening.

34 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Again with Sonny Corinthos, life coach, telling Brando having a baby is life-changing.

Which of his babies was he that involved with?  Maybe Morgan till Carly divorce him? Donna, although we never saw him do anything. Jason raised Michael, Alexis Kristina, Jax with Joss and the fighting over Avery has been constant.

25 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

The guard Jason killed was hilariously hammy. Good job, day player!

The eye-rolling as he died was hilarious.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, rur said:
39 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Of course Carly doesn't see Willow as Wiley's mother. Carly sees Willow as someone she can push over and bully.

It would be interesting if this began a story line where Willow began to have conflicts with Carly, and then started to make it more and more clear to Michael that he'd better begin to to stand up to his mother and support Willow in her parenting decisions if he wanted any more vanilla sex back at the Q mansion. 

Too bad this will never happen. It could be a good story, especially if Michael showed some real backbone with Carly. But 'tis not to be, alas.

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, rur said:

And I want a unicorn for Christmas.

I think you have a better chance at getting a unicorn for Christmas than seeing Willow take a continuous stand against Carly. I thought today was a good start, but I don't see it continuing. And Willow is all about supporting Michael because he's so very awesome!

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 3

I could see Willow voicing Carly concerns to Michael and then Michael pulling out The World According To Carly, Facts Be Damned How-To Guide he keeps in his back pocket and telling her she "has to understand where my Mom is coming from.  When I was little, my birth father tried everything to take me away from her and she really had to fight to not let that happen because she knew AJ was a bad person."

• Love 2
59 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Of course Sonny isn't making things better. What a coward. Get it all out and deal with it. It would make for better watching than Carly going ballistic every time Nina is in her orbit. 

As much of a shrew as Carly is, I definitely blame Sonny for a lot (most?) of this.  Like, he’s not having the reaction to Nina’s deception that old Sonny would have, and she has no idea why.  Which makes her spin out even more.  And he is too much of a weenie to be honest with her and tell her where he’s coming from.

• Love 5

Carly - make an appointment with whatshisname - Laura's husband; you could use a few therapy sessions to figure out why you are even more out of control than usual and what you can do about it.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, mostlylurking said:

As much of a shrew as Carly is, I definitely blame Sonny for a lot (most?) of this.  Like, he’s not having the reaction to Nina’s deception that old Sonny would have, and she has no idea why.  Which makes her spin out even more.  And he is too much of a weenie to be honest with her and tell her where he’s coming from.

Honestly. Carly just wants to be angry at Nina . She was mad at Nina for yelling at Jax at the end of the funeral. She was mad at Nina for even contemplating exercising her rights in regards to Wiley. She's mad at Nina because of this.(and again. rightfully, she has that right to be mad. I would be mad)  

But like I said yesterday - where she would have me on her side is totally gone because she's actually like the shrew cow face she always is. and honestly while she has the right to be angry even if we take out the Sonny fell in love with Nina aspect - he has the right NOT to be angry and just take in the miracle not a lot of people get (which he has said) and carly can't even respect that. She wants to control everything per usual. (to which is why i want Nina to spill all that tea because i want Carly's world to explode)

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Too bad this will never happen. It could be a good story, especially if Michael showed some real backbone with Carly. But 'tis not to be, alas.

Does Michael have any original thoughts? He has original ideas, like charging Nina via the PA DA, but that's following Carly's line of thinking that Nina Must Pay.  But for all that they try to tell us that Michael is some business genius, I can't think of a time when he had an original thought.

• Love 8

Wasn't Michael all gung-ho on renewable energy for ELQ and Ned was the Scrooge who said no? I think that was the last idea that was genuinely his. He floats through life letting everyone else arrange things for him. It's so aggravating that I'm supposed to find Michael so special. He's not.

• Love 7

So whatever triangle they were planning btwn Carly/Sonny/Jason they’ve shifted to Carly/Sonny/Nina right? They’re gonna need for Sonny to start being kinder to Nina if that’s the case. Simply standing by while Carly goes all rottweiler on her might drive Carly crazy but it’s not compelling romance, show. 

• Love 3

Forget 9-1-1, call animal control, because Carly's clearly rabid. 

On a show where the Corinthii aren't predetermined to win, Carly's bullying would make Willow question if she wanted any part of Michael's family. 

I mean, Carly demands blind obedience and loyalty just like Shiloh.

Edited by sacrebleu
Typo
  • Love 16
4 hours ago, Daisy said:

Valentine's heart is broken and now he is getting maaaaad. (BLQ is breaking my heart too., this is really sweet)

Can we all just agree he's the hottest actor on the show and not a bad actor, either.  And I am waiting for the NB only to hear him sing.

yeah, I'm that superficial

Edited by One Tough Cookie
  • LOL 1
  • Love 15

Show gave me a good laugh today when Jason and Drew started fighting, then they cut to Peter talking to Leisl and Brit and you could still hear SBu and CM going "oof" "ugh" "argh" off screen for what seemed like five minutes. Hilarious. 

Puke that Sasha and Brando are gonna middle-name the baby Mike. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, sacrebleu said:

Forget 9-1-1, call animal control, because Carly's clearly rabid. 

She accuses Nina of following people, but she's practically clomping around town like Godzilla looking for Nina to light into her.  Stand down, you loon.

The explosion of brain matter that's going to occur when she finds out about Sonny and Nina is going to be a thing of beauty.

• LOL 5
  • Love 9

Today was probably Sasha’s best acting, and it’s refreshing to have a story where everyone isn’t a raging a-hole, but Sasha and Brando continue to be soooooo boring.

The Maxie/Brook baby swap continues to be great soap. I almost wish they had Brook and Val fall for each other for real, or at least we saw more of their family unit, because AS knocked that scene out of the park.

Wow, murdered prison guard #3 WENT for it like he thought the Soup was still on the air. 

• LOL 6

Something was very off with those Valentin and BL scenes. I wasn’t a fan of either of their acting in it but BL reactions in the scene also made no sense to me. Maybe they should have had Valentin and BL get together for real and had this secret looming over BL. From what I remember, they were just coparenting and semi-friendly. BL was acting heartbroken and talking about their little family. 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

The baby does not need to have the middle name "Mike". There are too many Michaels/Mikes on this show as it is. And Elizabeth is a Labour & Delivery nurse? Since when?

Genuine question - am I supposed to like Carly? Because I don't. She's awful. But I'm pretty sure she's supposed the matriarch of the show right now. So shouldn't she be more likeable?

• Love 14

Sonny telling Brando about not being able to do anything but hold her hand made me think than no, you also can shoot her in the head during labor.

Carly the beast needs to be slapped. I actually liked Willow standing up to her that it wasn't her decision to make. Sonny needs to shut her up. 

Obrecht could have gotten a clean shot in his head. All these people letting Peter live is do stupid.

Brooklyn should be arrested shouldn't she based on Michael/Carly rules? Lying to someone and letting Valentine think the child was his. Its fraud! 

I felt so bad for him, she hurt him on purpose in the worst way just for business shares. 

Someone seems like they are not making it through this labor. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
59 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Something was very off with those Valentin and BL scenes. I wasn’t a fan of either of their acting in it but BL reactions in the scene also made no sense to me. Maybe they should have had Valentin and BL get together for real and had this secret looming over BL. From what I remember, they were just coparenting and semi-friendly. BL was acting heartbroken and talking about their little family. 

including the flashback. and I mean. like it made sense and i liked it... if you know the show wasn't going hard core into Val + Anna and Chase + BLQ. so like all of a sudden it was like. "wait. right. we wanted to test them" (and the scene + dialogue certainly played it). I honestly don't think it was manipulation. I do feel that BLQ wanted to be the one to tell Valentine in her own way not forced into it because of Gladys. 

25 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

Genuine question - am I supposed to like Carly? Because I don't. She's awful. But I'm pretty sure she's supposed the matriarch of the show right now. So shouldn't she be more likeable?

We're supposed to like her, feel sorry for her and cheer her and want her and her family to be awesome. too bad she and hers suck so much. 

• Love 8
30 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Sonny telling Brando about not being able to do anything but hold her hand made me think than no, you also can shoot her in the head during labor.

How many of his kids' births has Sonny even been at?  Let's count:

Dante - didn't know he was his son until he shot him point blank in the chest as an adult.

Michael - nope, not even on the show at that point.

Morgan - I mean, if you want to say storming in and shooting Carly in the head during delivery was being there, ok, I guess.

Kristina - didn't know she was his until she was a toddler.

Avery - nyet.

Donna - Oh, look, seventh time's the charm!

In conclusion, save the loving-partner-whose-there-for-his-child-being-born speech, you smug asshole.  Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.

• LOL 4
  • Love 14
51 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Obrecht could have gotten a clean shot in his head. All these people letting Peter live is do stupid.

That's what I thought at first but when the camera pulled back I saw that Peter was holding a gun against Britt's midsection.  Any shot at Peter and he would automatically shoot Britt.

Ironic that that the bigger identity theft was Valentin's name on Bailey's birth certificate .

• Love 3
8 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Again with Sonny Corinthos, life coach, telling Brando having a baby is life-changing. No duh.

Shut up, Carly. Ugh, she's relentlessly terrible when it comes to Wiley. Nina is going to cross paths with him. As long as she doesn't seek him out, what's the big deal? Calm the fuck down, lady. Good lord. Of course Sonny isn't making things better. What a coward. Get it all out and deal with it. It would make for better watching than Carly going ballistic every time Nina is in her orbit. 

The guard Jason killed was hilariously hammy. Good job, day player! The fight between Drew and Jason was pretty hammy, as well. And it took him long enough to get the stupid tarot card out of his pocket.

Neither drew nor Jason displayed very impressive hand to hand fighting skills.

• Love 3

Fucking Maxie! Making people feel like shit because of her own shitty plan and will anyone later tell her what a shitty plan it was? Nope they will just tell her how braveandstrongandloveswithherwholeheart she is. The only time she's not annoying for me these days is when she has a scene with Dante, and that is not just because I'm biased because I'm not interested in much of what he does lately either. Not that he does much in general.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 7

Maxie is playing two sides of the fence here. She knows what she did but wants to make Austin feel bad in the process. I wish the stupid truth would come out. The whole town we be excited for her about Louise and not blame her one bit. Although, it was odd how Brook Lynn is telling the a version of the truth which isn’t true at all. Her & Maxie seem intent to stick together and not tell anyone. That’s something I guess. Obviously, she’s very attached to the baby which I don’t think Maxie is even aware of. 

• Love 4
27 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Although, it was odd how Brook Lynn is telling the a version of the truth which isn’t true at all.

I wish she'd tell Valentin the whole truth.  He'd still be devastated by the lie, but he'd protect that baby from Peter with everything he had.

• Love 10
9 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I wish she'd tell Valentin the whole truth.  He'd still be devastated by the lie, but he'd protect that baby from Peter with everything he had.

There are two ways this can go. Brook will be *this close* to revealing the truth when Maxie busts in and announces that Chase is Bailey's father, OR Brook will be skating around a new lie when Maxie busts in and announces that Bailey is really Louise. I really hope they go with option 2, because Valentine will protect Louise just as fiercely in order to atone his Peter guilt, and Valentine being a dad to Louise is just so precious. A rivalry with Chase is just not interesting.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Puke that Sasha and Brando are gonna middle-name the baby Mike. 

I usually don't care, but using a nickname as a middle name is so odd. But whatevs. The baby will likely be a tock, so good riddance!

13 hours ago, ffwbe said:

BL was acting heartbroken and talking about their little family. 

I don't think BLQ expected to be as invested as she's become. I like the layers—BL will return Bailey/Louise to Maxie when (if?) Peter is finally no longer a threat, but right now she's Bailey's mom and has those responsibilities and pleasures. For a show that rarely does nuance, I'm surprised this is the story that has it.

16 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

wish she'd tell Valentin the whole truth.  He'd still be devastated by the lie, but he'd protect that baby from Peter with everything he had.

Same. It's time things started getting told.

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, absnow54 said:

There are two ways this can go. Brook will be *this close* to revealing the truth when Maxie busts in and announces that Chase is Bailey's father,

Eh? Do you mean Heinrik? Because announcing that Chase is Bailey's father would be a lie, no?

The Barge I'm on is soooo nice. It resembles the Barge that Duncan MacLeod of the Clan MacLeod lived in.

Wot?

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Eh? Do you mean Heinrik? Because announcing that Chase is Bailey's father would be a lie, no?

No and yes, I mean that Maxie will extend the baby lie by claiming Chase is Bailey's father instead of Valentine, so they can continue playing Bailey off as Brook's. I hope that Maxie announces that Peter is the father, because the baby is actually Louise, but I feel like they want to keep on drawing out the reveal, even though they've taken this portion of the baby swap story as far as it can go, in my opinion. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, absnow54 said:

There are two ways this can go. Brook will be *this close* to revealing the truth when Maxie busts in and announces that Chase is Bailey's father, OR Brook will be skating around a new lie when Maxie busts in and announces that Bailey is really Louise. I really hope they go with option 2, because Valentine will protect Louise just as fiercely in order to atone his Peter guilt, and Valentine being a dad to Louise is just so precious. A rivalry with Chase is just not interesting.

I'm cautiously optimistic that Valentin will find out the whole truth. But I think that the biggest problem these people have is Gladys and her motor mouth. If Valentin comes out of there and is committed to protect Bailey (which I'm sure he will), then he needs to deal with Gladys.

Honestly, I'm happy with Bailey remaining Bailey because I really hate the name Louise and the nickname Lou even more. I know, it's completely shallow and irrational.

• LOL 2
  • Love 9

I laughed at Sonny's new father advice to Brando. 

Me:  Oh, tell him not to shoot her in the head while she's giving birth. 

Poor Sasha, her baby is in trouble.   Her fault for having it at GH, not at the side of the road, or under a bridge with cat crap all around. 

Nurse Liz sure gets around.  She used to be a surgical nurse, now she's working maternity.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

"Dr. Navarro, I've been looking for you everywhere!" Uh, isn't that why hospitals have paging systems? So nurses don't have to waste precious time wandering the hallways looking for someone in particular?

And that was quite possibly the slowest emergency c-section ever.

But Chase announcing he's the father? Damn, that was hot.

Edited by Pingaponga
Wait and waste are two different words.
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9

Today's Notes:

Since when is Liz's a labour + delivery nurse?

Chase is looking hot. Charlie's is emptier and emptier. #TanOeffect. Bobbie comes i and is basically all "I love how Willow makes Michael happy, but i'm sorry you got hurt." the hell Bobbie? Also. Bobbie is spilling Maxie's tea. Shut up. 

BLQ admits that Bailey isn't his. Hearts are broken. Mine too. I fell in love with her the moment i knew she existed. (I love Valentine). BLQ is still very much protecting Maxie. Valentine is now ripping her a new one, and BLQ was like you're missing a HUGE part of the story. 

Maxie and Nina are info-dumping. (haha Nina was like yah I coulda told you Kip would have sucked). Nina is saying yeah it's too late to tell Valentine because he fell in love with Bailey (like she did with Mooby). Maxie is like better late than never?

Carly. your family was hurt because Sonny decided to kill Julian. Carly is basically saying we'll always going suffer until Nina PAYS FOR HER CRIMES. Shut. Up. Forever.  Oh today Carly remembers Nina is a grandmother. Carly wants justice. Sonny says if we destroy nina I'll be denying who I've become. Carly can't understand how hurting Nina will be denying Sonny's peaceful side lol. looolll.. Sonny nearly said loved Nina. Carly is sad. (I am happy)

Willow tells Michael what happened. Michael is all "I hate that Nina was around." WILLOW. SHUT UP. "She was appropriately remorseful, but I don't think she's begun to grasp how horrible and selfish she was or the damage that she caught." excuse me?  Michael agrees, double excuse me?!

This is coming from the people who lied to chase for months and slept with each other while Willow was married?  SHUT. UP.  Then she tells Michael that Carly was going to charge Nina for stalking her grandson. AGAIN. THERE IS NO RESTRAINING ORDER. Michael is like ohh Go Mommy! And Michael was like let me enjoy this fantasy. For god sakes. Michael doesn't agree with Willow that giving Nina the right to see her own grandchild is the right thing to do and Prison is better. I know i've been an advocate of Sasha's baby dying but i will take it back if we have Wiley die instead. (either that or Nina sues for custody and gets full rights). 

My brain is exploding. You guys don't have to hold Nina accountable because she's holding herself accountable. You are being unreasonable because ALL OF YOU HAVE DONE WORSE. She's a borderline psycho because omg she kept a secret that your father didn't want to know anyway but  Carly isn't for all the crap she's done?  SCREW. YOU. SHOW. 

Lisel is bringing snark to Peter. i can dig it. Peter being clobbered by common sense. Peter is throwing a temper tantrum. LOL and Drew found them and I think Peter peed himself a bit 

Sasha is suffering from a placenta abruption, so Navarro is on the scene. Brando, wisely is stopping Navarro to go "Is Sasha in danger?" let the woman do her job, dude. 

JASON. YOU DIDN'T SHOOT HIM IN THE HEAD! THE HELL.  See. You didn't shoot him in the head and now he's gone again. Oh look he just poofed again. i am tired of his magic act. 

The baby is born but not crying. 

whoa. I didn't see that one coming. Chase is covering for BLQ by admitting he's the father. (BLQ was this close to saying it was Maxie's). 

And Jason squished by rocks. don't tease me show. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, Daisy said:

All medical professionals dabble in every specialty!

Though I don't think this is the first time, I could swear Liz was the nurse present way back when Emma was born.

• Love 1

"It was an accidental meeting; nobody got hurt." "Not tonight." What is Carly expecting to happen, Nina will push Wiley off a swing or something? Carly's ridiculous belief that her idiot grandson being around Nina is somehow scarring for life is ridiculous. Carly is unhinged right now with her anger at Nina.

I like that BL couldn't lie any longer to Valentin about Bailey's paternity. It's about time this part of the story started to fall apart.

5 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Why is this a big deal when every doctor at GH has five different specialties? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2