Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Daisy said:

Also... it just realized 
Monica is gonna lose her last kid.. that's... going to be devastating. even though i loathe Jason. Monica does't deserve to lose her last child. (again).  

At least she gets Drew back, who is genuinely nice to her. 

• Love 13
1 minute ago, Daisy said:

Also... it just realized Monica is gonna lose her last kid.. that's... going to be devastating. even though i loathe Jason. Monica does't deserve to lose her last child. (again).  

Well she's getting Drew back, who was actually nice to her and valued their relationship and didn't marry the woman who ruined her other son's life.  So...upgrade for Monica?

2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I am not looking forward to Carly blaming Britt for Jason's "death." She usually stands up to Carly, but she's got enough guilt of her own to make that unlikely. Ugh.

I mean, isn't it really Carly's fault for signing off on Jason helping her in the first place, given his balls live in her purse?

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, absnow54 said:

1 minute ago, TeeVee329 said:

Well she's getting Drew back, who was actually nice to her and valued their relationship and didn't marry the woman who ruined her other son's life.  So...upgrade for Monica?

I didn't watch during the Drew Years (part one). so Monica sees him as her son too?  then A: that's great and B: bye bye Jason. 

4 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I am not looking forward to Carly blaming Britt for Jason's "death." She usually stands up to Carly, but she's got enough guilt of her own to make that unlikely. Ugh.

oh god. yeah that's so gonna be a thing. 

• Love 1

Yes, Sasha, your baby's health problems are entirely your fault. OMG, I'm so tired of this. I get it's easier to blame yourself than chalk it up to bad luck or whatever, but it goes nowhere and it's super annoying to watch.

I don't know why the show is doing this story. They'll either tock the baby or the treatment will work and the baby is fine à la Donna. It's pointless, boring, and a waste of time.

• Love 5

So obviously they had to write Jax out for now at least but I didn’t get his line about being on the outs with everyone. Why is everyone mad at him?  He did bring Sonny back so it’s kind of silly. Ah well, at least he hit Carly with a few more truth bombs on his way out. Good luck to ya, Ingo. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

So obviously they had to write Jax out for now at least but I didn’t get his line about being on the outs with everyone. Why is everyone mad at him?  He did bring Sonny back so it’s kind of silly. Ah well, at least he hit Carly with a few more truth bombs on his way out. Good luck to ya, Ingo. 

well "everyone" for him as of right now is Nina, Carly, his brat daughter and Sonny and Alexis. so basically. everyone is on the outs with him. but i don't even know why they even bothered with that. just send him to Sydeny. 

(actually. what would have been good. - and i do like Ingo/Jax - i would have had him murdered in front of Joss because of mob reasons. Then Joss could hate Carly for life. oh wait who am I kidding. joss would use this like Michael/Morgan 3.0 and forgive Carly anyway). 

• Love 6
31 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't know why the show is doing this story. They'll either tock the baby or the treatment will work and the baby is fine à la Donna. It's pointless, boring, and a waste of time.

Of course he'll be fine and of course Brando is the one who gets to touch and talk to the baby for the first time, which is uber annoying. It's like when Sam's baby died and Jason was the one who got to see her and hold her.

I think that the Sasha actress is doing really well with her material, but this storyline is incredibly pointless. Is anyone invested in this? 

Bye, Jason! I hope to see ya never again. They better not twist Drew into a pretzel to fit him in Sonny and Carly's lives when those two wanted nothing to do with him when they found out that he not was Jason and he was pretty much done with everything mob. 

Carly is of course still going on about Nina. She's 100% shrew, but then she shows some empathy and a shred of humanity and decency and I feel like the writers think that it's enough to get some of us off her back for being an unbearable, overbearing crazy person. But nope. Not nearly enough, writers. This girl still hates Carly's guts.

Peter is coming to PC. Oh, goody!

• Love 4

Yesterday - why did Peter get to have a phone call with Maxie?

Today - Sasha and Brando’s story was everywhere and did nothing for me.

Sonny talking nice to Nina then ignoring her when people he knows might see them. Coward.

I’m not looking forward to watching mourn Jason. Bad enough she’s wearing the Huntington's albatros, now this.

I’m doubly annoyed because SB’s vaccine refusal is probably why the writers switch his character back to Britt at the last minute, instead of sticking him with Carly. Had that not happened, there would be much less reason for her to mourn.

Not sure why they didn’t have him “killed” any other way. 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, seasons said:

Geez Epiphany was so rude to Valentin.

She's only compassionate to the criminals. 

14 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Carly is of course still going on about Nina. She's 100% shrew, but then she shows some empathy and a shred of humanity and decency and I feel like the writers think that it's enough to get some of us off her back for being an unbearable, overbearing crazy person. But nope. Not nearly enough, writers. This girl still hates Carly's guts.

It's the 'even a stopped clock is right twice a day' method of writing. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

Dr Navarro is telling this news so badly. basically she's saying the baby might die or might be disabled. anyway if this story gives Sasha/Brando development  that works for me. 

I think Brando and especially Sasha are doing a great job with this story.  It must be an especially difficult story to tell for the Sasha actress since she just had a baby.

1 hour ago, Daisy said:

Monica is gonna lose her last kid.. that's... going to be devastating. even though i loathe Jason. Monica does't deserve to lose her last child. (again).

So Monica does have Drew I guess but I also remember when Franco had the Drew memories and “became” Drew and she was totally fine replacing the real Drew so….I don’t know.  Monica’s stock has fallen considerably with me since the whole Nelle/forgery thing.

ETA:  YAY Drew mentioned that there was ANOTHER WOMAN at the complex with them!  The writers finally picked up one of many dropped plot points.  I’d love it to be Holly, but most likely it’s Hayden (yawn).

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

yeup. 
I also love for how awesome a shot Jason is - he sucks so much in shootouts. also Brit needs to remember that yah she asked for help but Jason volunteered like 98 times. but of course we don't see a smushed body so. my happiness isn't going to last. i know it. :(

Also... it just realized 

She at least considers Drew one of her own, so it will be a consolation. But as I said in the News thread, this is like AJ came back from the dead just in time for Jason to get "killed." Why can't she just have one reunion that's not bittersweet?

Whoops, just noticed others already said this. Didn't mean to pile on, LOL.

Edited by Auntie Velvet
  • Love 2
57 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

difficult story to tell for the Sasha actress since she just had a baby.

Plus her real baby is also a boy, so that must hit somewhere.

I also have to give kudos to Sofia Mattson for looking like someone who's just had a C section and is dealing with a sick baby.  Her eyes are red rimmed, there is no makeup on her face, her hair looks like it needs seven washings.  Good job.  

• Love 11
30 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

She at least considers Drew one of her own, so it will be a consolation. But as I said in the News thread, this is like AJ came back from the dead just in time for Jason to get "killed." Why can't she just have one reunion that's not bittersweet?

Whoops, just noticed others already said this. Didn't mean to pile on, LOL.

LOL it's okay. thanks for everyone who let me know :)

but i agree. she is still losing her family.  it sucks. (even when it's jason)

• Love 3

Epiphany is straight up awful to everyone who isn't in the mob or is a kiss-up to the mob (like Bobbie). What right has she to be so rude to a patient who wants to leave for personal reasons?

And then she turna around to be super sweet to Sonny's cousin Brando.

2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

They better not twist Drew into a pretzel to fit him in Sonny and Carly's lives when those two wanted nothing to do with him when they found out that he not was Jason

I will never forgive the writers that. And Drew better not either. Carly was especially foul.

2 hours ago, Desperado said:

Sonny talking nice to Nina then ignoring her when people he knows might see them. Coward.

Our Hero, folks.

• LOL 4
  • Love 9
Just now, statsgirl said:

And then she turna around to be super sweet to Sonny's cousin Brando.

I don't know why Pip was so rude to Valentin except she could be, but her treatment of Brando seemed fine to me, not some about-face. Brando wasn't asking for anything. Two different circumstances.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
37 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Valentin wasn't asking for anything either except the paperwork to leave the hospital. A professional Epiphany should have treated Valentin with the same consideration and empathy that she treated Brando.

pretty much. all Valentin said was he understood, and if she could please hurry. even if you didn't look at the guy to see how sad he was, he wasn't a cow to her, so why the hell was she a cow to him? and it just seemed like we were either supposed to laugh how she snapped "was that fast enough for you?" or he was being utterly demanding so we should be sympathetic to her. 

She totally should have been written up. 

• Love 9

Dang, now Jax isn't going to be available for Brit to find solace with some "Jason's dead" sex! 

I was hoping they might pair up Brit with Chase or Dante, but since those two are taken, I wonder who'll she'll get.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Valentin wasn't asking for anything either except the paperwork to leave the hospital. A professional Epiphany should have treated Valentin with the same consideration and empathy that she treated Brando.

I thought Epiphany definitely had an attitude with Valentin for some reason. I could see her point about not wanting him to leave the hospital so soon, and she could have stated that in a little less bitchy way. She was good with Brando. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, absnow54 said:

Its not like Jason wasn't nice to her. He obviously did love her as well.

5 hours ago, absnow54 said:

I hope everyone remembers that Liesl warned him that shooting a gun would cause the cave to collapse, but Jason decided he couldn't resist one of his classic short range shootouts. That caused Jason's "death".

And it could've been avoided if he had just finished off Peter rather than shooting him in the arm

• Love 3

So new Bailey plan is to have Chases parents, brother and Bruce,  another young girl think she's gaining a new family member to love? They learned nothing from Valentine's pain. Let's hurt more people.

Just tell Valentine the truth. Hopefully since Valentine told Nina who already knew the truth the news is still contained. 

• Love 6
6 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

I think that the Sasha actress is doing really well with her material, but this storyline is incredibly pointless. Is anyone invested in this? 

That was how I felt the last couple of days. Kudos to Sofia, that has to be a very tough storyline to portray after having given birth so recently. For people who didn't like it but wanted more hospital scenes, be careful what you wish for. Actually, I think they've done a good job with showing a lot of the hospital, even if it's just for conversation.

2 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Dang, now Jax isn't going to be available for Brit to find solace with some "Jason's dead" sex! 

I was hoping they might pair up Brit with Chase or Dante, but since those two are taken, I wonder who'll she'll get.

My fear is Austin. He's almost as chem-free as Finn. Although that would be difficult to pull off. I wouldn't mind her with Drew, but I feel like the majority of the audience wouldn't like that she gets him. Who's even left after that? Unless they put her back with Nik after what I feel like is a Nava break up coming. But he's so blah and not good.

• Love 1

IDK, you'd think with this wired society that there would be a video feed in the NICU that Sasha could watch without trying to struggle out of her hospital bed. 

Couldn't Brando take video or stills with his phone?  Since Nurse Liz seems to be running around tapping into a tablet, I don't think tech causes dire issues with medical equipment. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

I thought Epiphany definitely had an attitude with Valentin for some reason. I could see her point about not wanting him to leave the hospital so soon, and she could have stated that in a little less bitchy way. She was good with Brando. 

She was great with Brando, calm, understanding , encouraging.  She's only like that with  the Corinthos mob people.  Yes, Valentin wanted out AMA but it's not Epiphany's place to get angry at him and throw his papers around.

1 hour ago, gp1999 said:

Its not like Jason wasn't nice to her. He obviously did love her as well.

Jason was better in the latter seasons, ironically I think since Drew showed up and bonded with Monica. But while pre-injury Jason loved Monica, Motorcycle Boy couldn't give any Quartermaine other than Emily the time of day for decades.

• Love 6

I have no use for either Brando or Sasha, and I couldn’t care less if their baby is a tick, a tock, or a moss-covered sundial, but their scenes today were oddly affecting. (At least until Sonny and Carly started yapping about Donna. Way to ruin the mood.) This is the kind of story I normally hate, so I don’t know why I got so caught up in it. 

Speaking of baby stories, of course the Bailey subterfuge has to continue for awhile longer because soap, but I was really hoping Brooke would come clean to Valentin. I think he would support the plan if he knew about it, and I need them to continue their snarky alliance. They are officially now my favorite couple on the show.

What ever happened to Epiphany, the feisty truth-telling badass? I don’t know when she morphed into Epiphany, the rude unprofessional jerk, but I don’t like this version.

• Love 14
18 hours ago, Daisy said:

well "everyone" for him as of right now is Nina, Carly, his brat daughter and Sonny and Alexis. so basically. everyone is on the outs with him. but i don't even know why they even bothered with that. just send him to Sydeny. 

Ingo had issues in his social media and fellow cast members.  I have always liked Jax and hope TPTB recast the role.  If they do recast Jax, I want him to remember that Ned is his best friend.  Jax is a corporate raider and Drew's business partner in Aurora Media.  What if Ned, Jax and Drew worked together to regain control over ELQ.  It would also be fun to watch the three of them having a guys night out.  I also want Jax to take his blinder off when it comes to Joss.  Carly jr. is a selfish brat who is blind to the dangers of Mob life.  Her father needs to serve up some tough love to help Joss turn her life around.  Joss has been written as being Carly's dream teenager when Joss should have been written as Carly;s nightmare teenager. 

• Love 14
13 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

Ingo had issues in his social media and fellow cast members.  

I'm not defending him, but IIRC, Ingo was the one who spoke out about SB's Monavie scam, so he does deserve props for that. At least he has a history of  standing up for his beliefs with full knowledge of how it could affect his career.  

Maybe the writers had his character drop truth bombs on people lately because they knew he was on the way out. And that's too bad because every soap needs a couple truth-tellers.

• Love 6
33 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

Ingo had issues in his social media and fellow cast members.  I have always liked Jax and hope TPTB recast the role.  If they do recast Jax, I want him to remember that Ned is his best friend.  

I’m all for a recast if the character is expanded outside the Corinthos orbit; a recast would I assume also open back up the Jax/Alexis friendship.

Petty observation on yesterday’s show: the lighting on the chapel set is awful. Maxie’s face had multiple shadows and at one angle, looked like she had a mustache. 

• Love 2
19 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

I kinda took that line as being meta since everyone and their Mother seems to hate Ingo because he doesn't want to get the jab* or in other words, "the subtext is rapidly becoming text". 😉

*UO, I think it's his right to decide, he knew he'd lose his job and he decided... I really really can't stand NLG and her Twitter b.s. so that may color my opinion. Also, I'm not trying to have a jab discussion, just saying why I think that particular line was said. 

PS: what a world we live in when I'm apprehensive about posting something that may appear to make me anti vax because I don't want you lovely posters to hate me, also, HIPPA 😊.

Oh well, I wish Ingo and Steve luck, and I can't stand SB yet I wish him well anyway. I'm actually getting a stress headache as I contemplate hitting the reply button, which means I probably should hit it and run. 😂 Also, Happy Thanksgiving to all! Except Carly, I dislike her so much I can't even wish a fictional character Happy Thanksgiving  lol

• Love 14
30 minutes ago, tveyeonyou said:

I kinda took that line as being meta since everyone and their Mother seems to hate Ingo because he doesn't want to get the jab* or in other words, "the subtext is rapidly becoming text". 😉

Oh, the line was definitely meta. Though I think the hostility for Ingo isn't just about the vaccine, but his transphobic comments as well.

• Love 7

HIPAA rules just state that your healthcare provider can't give out your health information without you okaying it first. It doesn't mean that someone can't ask you a question about your health status.

This show gets that wrong all the time as well  as other privacy matters e.g. yesterday's show when Liz said that Nina wasn't allowed to see Sasha but she would look the other way.  Nina can certainly visit Sasha if it's okay with Sasha especially since she's not in the ICU. Meanwhile Carly walks around free to yell at anyone she wants to (last time it was Cyrus handcuffed to the bed and unable to get away from her).

8 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

Oh, the line was definitely meta. Though I think the hostility for Ingo isn't just about the vaccine, but his transphobic comments as well.

Which makes it even more ironic that he said that the only people who were willing to talk to him are Joss and Alexis. 

• Love 4
48 minutes ago, tveyeonyou said:

PS: what a world we live in when I'm apprehensive about posting something that may appear to make me anti vax because I don't want you lovely posters to hate me,

well as i wrote in the other thread- being anti covid vaccine doesn't automatically mean you are anti-vaccine period and I do feel people lump everyone together. (maybe due to ease, or whatever, but i do know a lot of people who fully support vaccination, but are apprehensive about getting the covid one). I feel the same way and I think that's sad. 

I will also say I will miss Jax (and Inigo's portrayal of him). I always enjoyed him when he was on the show.  I might not agree with all his beliefs. I do think the show (fundamentally) will miss him too. maybe not him per se but what he is - which is not a Jason/Sonny/Mob suckup. you can count those on one hand and I doubt very much they are going to replace that aspect on the show anytime soon. 

• Love 6
10 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

I have no use for either Brando or Sasha, and I couldn’t care less if their baby is a tick, a tock, or a moss-covered sundial, but their scenes today were oddly affecting.

This is me, too. The acting and writing was quite good, but I couldn't care less about the baby. (I hope it's a tock, though. Too many babies!) There's been so little investment in the story. We see Sasha and Brando once every two weeks or so, and I'm supposed to have all the feels now? It's actually pretty emotionally manipulative to use a sick baby. Which is another reason I don't care—I'm irritated the show is doing this.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Daisy said:

well as i wrote in the other thread- being anti covid vaccine doesn't automatically mean you are anti-vaccine period and I do feel people lump everyone together. (maybe due to ease, or whatever, but i do know a lot of people who fully support vaccination, but are apprehensive about getting the covid one). I feel the same way and I think that's sad. 

I will also say I will miss Jax (and Inigo's portrayal of him). I always enjoyed him when he was on the show.  I might not agree with all his beliefs. I do think the show (fundamentally) will miss him too. maybe not him per se but what he is - which is not a Jason/Sonny/Mob suckup. you can count those on one hand and I doubt very much they are going to replace that aspect on the show anytime soon. 

Thank you Daisy, I always love your comments, you have a way of saying what I think only you have a better way of saying it.

I'll have to track down your post, it's very true what you said about everyone being lumped together. In the past, vaccines were studied for years before everyone got vaxxed. I'm one of those people who got a flu shot every year and got sick every time. I see nothing wrong with waiting a little while before having something injected in my body.

I have always been a fan of Jax/Ingo, I find it sad that people can't make a decision when they are fully aware of the consequences. I will really miss truth telling Jax.

I'm even going to miss Jason because I wanted to see Carlys head explode if Britt and Jason hooked up and Sonny left Carly for Nina. I tend to live in OU Land.

• Love 5

I think, if he survives, they might let the Sasha/Brando baby be the one with profound disabilities that needs extra care.  They flubbed it with Donna, and I don't think that anyone reasonable would say that that applies to a child with Autism that seems highly functional.  They keep teasing us with this kind of stuff, but they don't follow through.  Since Sasha and Brando are more background it would be easier to have them dealing with that kind of issue than someone front burner.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

I didn’t think it was possible to have a more boring couple on this show than Michael/Willow but today has proven me wrong. Sam and my beloved Dante have no chemistry, no spark and absolutely no connection. Dante is trying a hard as his little heart can try but that sad sack KM is a no go. I so wish that she’d be replaced by someone who can, you know, ACT. Let her be the third one to get fired (or let go) on GH.

• Love 9

today's notes. 

my pvr decided not to record the show.
i'm already bored though. 

boy Rocco got aged up.  Sam "I think it would really hurt her if we told Monica Drew was presumed dead." you think?!

Ned is happy that Olivia and he are on the same page.  (Ned, still divorce her it's better for you in the long run). Ned finds out about Bailey and he is flabbergasted and is kinda upset. He's like at least I still have my granddaughter (yeah this is so not going to end well). Ned is now pissed off at Chase for not stepping up and being Austin's gofer.

LOL Chase practicing how to lie in the mirror. also. looking sexy sexy.  I will own my shallow. He can always look like that. I'll be happy.  he's with Finn and Finn's like whose the lucky lady whose making you ditch the family, and Chase goes "mother of my child." Finn's mind blew up. And now Finn is not happy that BLQ lied to Chase. (see this is not going to end well). And now he's happy. Finn is like don't tell anyone yet, esp. Violet. 

Olivia goes to the hospital, and asks to speak to Austin. Austin says he doesn't want to speak to her or anyone else in their family. Well. maybe you know. don't work in the hospital then?  (I mean gosh I hate Olivia but still when you are at work, you put that aside dude). Olivia gives a heartfelt apology to Austin. Austin is like cool Leo deserves the best, but basically wants nothing to do with Qs and peaces out. Finn shows up and Austin says payback is the best way to turn your frown upside down, and Finn is like.... yeh i think I'll spend Thanksgiving alone and zooms away from him. (again- sorry Austin. i was going to start warming up to your team but you lost me again)

Curtis infodumps on Portia. Hat Man is talking to TJ. 

Ohoo Drew is home. And he shaved his beard (sad) but is looking Yummy!

• Love 5