Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

56 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

Considering how many times people on this show "come back" after being presumed dead, why don't people wait a good long while before mourning if they haven't actually seen the body?

Forget considering how many times people "come back."  How many times has specifically Jason come back?

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Spinelli is the worst weeny on this show. Bad Thanksgiving. Georgie is with Maxie and he and Ellie are not on speaking terms. Shut your filthy mouth Spinelli. Ellie was your partner for like 10 years, helped you raise your daughter. But when she wanted you to make a choice, you did what your mentor Jason did. You chose the mob over her and over your daughter too, if we're being perfectly honest about this whole entire situation. You can take and stick your sadz where the sun don't shine.

Carly being somewhat civil to another woman is a shocking twist to this whole thing. But I'm not here for Britt apologizing for any of this. It's total BS. Jason had a choice. He chose to go to Greece and he chose to go there so that he could give Sonny and Carly space. If Jason didn't vanish under a tons of rubble, then he would have been taken down in a shootout.

Valentin being a petty bitch and sending Mac after Chase was so incredibly low. Is it a paid suspension or is Chase going to have to give up his apartment to go live with the Qs to facilitate him and BLQ falling in love?

The Cassadine scenes were fun. But what in the fuck is Shawn doing there? Doesn't he have a son to spend Thanksgiving with or something?

• Love 13

Carly is ridiculous but LW is usually solid.

19 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

Can I just say?  Sam and Dante having sex for the first time right after her ex dies?  Weird and the opposite of hot.

I think Jasam were banal but between that and the Jarly montage (surprised the show paid SB that many residuals) it seemed strangely spiteful, which was stupid because it's not like SB gave a shit about those things. All they did was be petty towards Jasam fans who didn't do anything.

• Love 2

KeMo looked like she could barely stay awake during that love scene. Having her close her eyes is dangerous.

LOL that Sonny is shocked—shocked!—that Cyrus got a cell phone in prison. Sonny is the worst mobster ever.

Hey, Brook Lynn! You can solve a bunch of your problems if you tell Valentin the truth.

• Love 13
9 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Shut your filthy mouth Spinelli. Ellie was your partner for like 10 years,

Has it been 10 years?  I have no concept of time.

9 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Valentin being a petty bitch and sending Mac after Chase was so incredibly low. Is it a paid suspension or is Chase going to have to give up his apartment to go live with the Qs to facilitate him and BLQ falling in love?

He may have been being petty, but it was illegal for Chase to hit him, and it's all the worse because he's a cop and should know better.  No pity on that front.

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, Daisy said:

(Ava lost points with me. Pumpkin and Pecan. where's the apple and strawberry rhubarb?

Sorry, Daisy I am going have to disagree with you,  Pecan pie is my favorite because my grandma only made it for Thanksgiving.  She had apple trees and was always making apple pies, apple sauce, and apple tarts.  In the spring, she would bake at least a dozen strawberry rhubarb pies.  Grandma's kitchen always smelled sooooo good.

20 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Monica is telling Drew his place is with the family.  Monica says she needed to remodel. Drew says he misses the photos. And Monica starts to cry, and says yes, but it was just a reminder of everyone who died.

Monica has had two daughters and two sons murdered.  I am glad she has Drew back.  Even though he is not her biological child and she did not raise him, Monica and Drew have a strong mother and son bond.

• Love 2

So Mac is going to suspend for a half a year their only decent cop for punching Valentin after he insulted his friends physical appearance. I mean, you guys cant even catch and arrest Peter, you might need all hands on deck.

I understand BLQ continuing to keep the secret. Do i like it, not really. But like I said before, these so called agents and cops cant handle one man for the past year or 2, so why should she feel safe? 

Edited by Cheetara1986
  • Love 6
24 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Carly is ridiculous but LW is usually solid.

I think Jasam were banal but between that and the Jarly montage (surprised the show paid SB that many residuals) it seemed strangely spiteful, which was stupid because it's not like SB gave a shit about those things. All they did was be petty towards Jasam fans who didn't do anything.

It did to me too, and I hate Jasam lol.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

Sorry, Daisy I am going have to disagree with you,  Pecan pie is my favorite because my grandma only made it for Thanksgiving.  She had apple trees and was always making apple pies, apple sauce, and apple tarts.  In the spring, she would bake at least a dozen strawberry rhubarb pies.  Grandma's kitchen always smelled sooooo good.

Monica has had two daughters and two sons murdered.  I am glad she has Drew back.  Even though he is not her biological child and she did not raise him, Monica and Drew have a strong mother and son bond.

lol. it's a me thing. i don't really like pecan/pumpkin pies becuse they are usually just squishy. i like pies i can bite into (like berry/rhubarb, apple). i am a huge texture eater - it drove my mother BANANAS when i was growing up. 

Honestly. i feel horrible for Monica. I remember when she felt suicidal because everyone kept dying/leaving her. I understand that SBu was leaving. But they had a myriad of opportunities to not kill him. having monica every year have to mourn someone she loves is so stupid  we spent an entire year of people thinking several people was dead. (and one we know is dead). now we have to spend another holiday/several months mourning someone else. (wellnot me i'm pleased as punch Jason's gone but you know what i mean). Frank laughably was like "today Port Charles mourns a hero and a legend" which is proof positive what is wrong w/this show.

Last year:
things crashing on people/someone hurt/died 
someone is missing for NINE MONTHS
baby being born
mob war.

this year
things crashing on people someone hurt/died
someone is now dead
baby being born
start of a mob war. 

NOTHING. IS. HAPPENING. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, tessaray said:

Part of my disinterest is the actor who plays TJ. I haven't warmed up to him and can't quite figure out why.

I lost all vestige of interest in T.J. when they managed to waste Tequan Richmond for close to a decade. That dude is talented and not coming back IMO. They've never bothered to tie T.J. in where they could to the canvas and his mother has always been a cipher. There are better Black characters that could be better served and rooted in the show IMO, but I'm not averse to doing something with T.J. if it's actually real story and not C-story among his family.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 5

oh and I will have to say. 
i find it interesting how Valentin is basically now all :( Bailey isn't my daughter  :( BLQ is going to suffer. Might i remind you no one actually told you you couldn't be Baileylou's father? That you did't have to go or anything. even BLQ said things could stay the same (you know minus the Maxie lie bit). you decided to leave. you are deciding to  weep at your phone. Just because she's not "biologically" yours doesn't mean you needed to divorce yourself from everything BaileyLou, Valentin. 

• Love 6
21 hours ago, CeChase said:

Also I will basically take anything over Carly shrieking again. 

This is why I’m not minding the whole Hat Man story, it’s nothing outrageous but at least it’s something apart from the Sonny show.

I thought it was so weird Dante and Sam decided to bang with their three kids there. I know these kids are beyond the age of waking up in the middle of the night but isn’t this Rocco’s first time sleeping there?  He might get up confused or something. 

• Love 6

Ugh, the only reason Olivia is on board with Ned taking ELQ action is because it has to do with Valentin. Anything else and she'd be railing about how he puts business ahead of family. Shut up, Olivia.

Sonny treating Spin like a human being is proof he's not the old Sonny.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

Oh good gosh "I thought it would never catch up to him"- spinelli. It did once already, dumbass. Bradford Andersen is also not a very good actor and just plays the same crap on GH and every other minor guest appearance he's done.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

Oh Valentin called Mac about Chase assaulting him. he got suspended from the force for six months. 

I am impressed that PC PD can manage personnel issues so quickly! Obviously don't have a union, making it easier to arbitrarily administer "justice".

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Ugh, the only reason Olivia is on board with Ned taking ELQ action is because it has to do with Valentin. Anything else and she'd be railing about how he puts business ahead of family. Shut up, Olivia.

Sonny treating Spin like a human being is proof he's not the old Sonny.

Olivia has never had any respect for anyone else professional accomplishments, so that includes the business that Edward poured everything into. She treated her cousin Kate's like trash because how dare she pursue her dreams and actually achieve them. You would think Kate sex trafficked models instead of keep a little quiet about her humble past the why Olivia behaved. And I don't give a shit about Ava being Leo's aunt, she should always be hostile to her cousin's murderer. Kate should have left everything to Maxie, who did support and admire her and get Olivia out of the will.  

• Love 1
22 hours ago, ljr said:

Really Jason is dead again? What if he is really alive and shows up in Pennsylvania?

Haha! I wondered if he would turn up in Nixon Falls before I recalled that he "died" in Greece. So perhaps there's a Greek version of NF and the Tano?

• Love 1

I loved all the Cassadine/Misfit Thanksgiving scenes.  Everyone was strong.  Esme was wearing the white sneakers again for some reason.  Her hair looked good curled.  I kind of loved Shawn just standing awkwardly in the back making concerned faces.  Like hasn’t everyone found themselves in the midst of family drama with no way of escaping?  It’s brutal.

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

Like hasn’t everyone found themselves in the midst of family drama with no way of escaping?  It’s brutal.

As long as I'm not dragged into it (whether it's my family drama or not), I sit back and enjoy the show. It can tell you a lot.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

yes the dysfunctional Cassadine Thanksgiving was a decent change from the Q's.

They sure had to come up with a lot of excuses for the family members that weren't present for Thanksgiving but "Charlotte is spending it with friends" was particularly weird.

Dante (DZ) was trying I thought but Sam was the opposite of HOT.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, threebluestars said:

Still can't figure out why they couldn't tell Valentin Bailey = Louise. Oh right, DRAMAZ.

Do you mean now or in the beginning?  In the beginning, probably because Brook wanted those shares back.  Now, I'd say he's so mad that I wouldn't trust him with that info.

26 minutes ago, Katy M said:

Now, I'd say he's so mad that I wouldn't trust him with that info.

I can see Valentin threatening BLQ that he'd spill the beans, but he wouldn't put a child in danger that way, especially since he knows the damage Peter can do. Valentin is as anxious as anyone for Peter to be dead. He's not going to give him even more impetus to find Louise.

• Love 2

"What fresh hell is this?"  I want to be invited to Alexis' Thanksgiving dinner.  So much fun.  CS/Victor was especially having fun with it, raised eyebrow and all.

Just as Spencer was saying that Valentin has no right to the Cassadine name, Victor shows up to claim him.  Welcome to how your family works on an adult level, spencer.

5 hours ago, Daisy said:

where's the apple and strawberry rhubarb?).

I think of strawberry rhubarb as a pie for the spring when the strawberries and rhubarb are fresh. Frozen pie isn't the same. Definitely time for apple pie now though.

Six months suspension for an off-duty punch? In what universe?  Chase was very wrong to punch Valentin especially as he was not even supposed to be out of the hospital yet but six months was ridiculous. Is there supposed to be a plot for Chase in the meantime?

5 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

The Cassadine scenes were fun. But what in the fuck is Shawn doing there? Doesn't he have a son to spend Thanksgiving with or something?

Shawn's been living there since he got out of jail, along with Molly and TJ who were taking care of the house for Alexis. But maybe now that she's back it's time to find a place of his own.

2 hours ago, Katy M said:

Do you mean now or in the beginning?  In the beginning, probably because Brook wanted those shares back.  Now, I'd say he's so mad that I wouldn't trust him with that info.

Valentin doesn't have much in his personal life now that his marriage to Nina is over; a sister/friend bond with Alexis, a possible relationship with Anna, and his children. He put so much of himself into his relationship with Bailey and by extension Brook Lynn and the other Quartermaines only to be crushed to find out that it's a sham. Who knows what the son of Victor and Helena might do now?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

I thought it was so weird Dante and Sam decided to bang with their three kids there. I know these kids are beyond the age of waking up in the middle of the night but isn’t this Rocco’s first time sleeping there?  He might get up confused or something. 

All I was thinking is what time is it because it couldn’t have been that late if dinner was just starting at Alexis’ house and Sam and Dante were planning on heading over to the Qs before Drew came over. Danny and Rocco looked at least 12. I don’t think they’d be dead asleep at 7PM

• Love 3

Valentin gave Peter to Faison so he already has put a child in danger. Aside from that, I don't know why the show doesn't use it, but Peter is deranged enough to go after Valentin's kids if he's driven enough, so Valentin as the father was a stupid idea in the first place.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

I will say this about Maurice…when he is asked to throw something he commits. Kelly needs to take some notes. 

Sonny and/or Mo seemed confused by how phones work in that opening scene. Always a good chuckle when he starts randomly threatening the air. 

I am shocked by how much I’m liking CamMat as Drew. I hated Ryan Lavery with a passion towards the end of AMC but so far he’s not bringing the self righteousness here. If they do try and pair him with Sam though it’ll be an automatic yawn. 

• Love 4
On 11/30/2021 at 5:47 PM, LexieLily said:

The best part about Drew besides him putting his family first is that he knew exactly who Jason was, that he wouldn't ever put Sam or his children or anyone besides Carly and Sonny first, and had no use for him. So of course they have to ruin that and make Drew yet another buttkisser.

I didn't see those scenes as Drew being a Jason butkisser. I see it as Drew behaving in character given his recent history.  Drew has been a prisoner for two years, while his family thought he was dead.  Jason was the first biological relative he had seen in two years when had to be yearning for connections to family all that time. He's an honorable guy who was a Navy SEAL; of course he's going to feel tremendous gratitude toward Jason for the role Jason played in the rescue/ saving him from Peter as well as guilt (because of Monica/Qs, Danny and Jake) that Jason didn't make it back to Port Charles.    

On 11/30/2021 at 6:32 PM, statsgirl said:

That's why Monica saying that Jason wasn'tthere because he had to spend Thanksgiving with his children didn't make sense because 1. Danny and Scout were expected at Monica's and 2. Scout is Drew's child, not Jason's .

IMO that felt like Monica wanting to think of Jason as a good/loving father to Jake and Danny, and also justify his absence from the Q Family Thanksgiving.  i.e. "Oh, Jason must be with Jake, Danny, and Scout - that must be why they are all not here tonight."

23 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

image.gif.66ef5d0c1a2979605357ec672383900d.gif

image.gif.4ea5ced25d6338a98f4bc65b8ed410a2.gif

FUCK YOU, FRANK!!!!

And today Carly told Britt that Jason paid to have the bridge rebuilt - conveniently leaving out that the bridge was so meaningful to him because of ROBIN and their relationship. I assume the montage of LW's Carly kissing Jason during the SJB days, the various times she's told him she loves him, and the recent so-called Carly-and-Jason-in-love scenes, was intended to show the audience that Carly is absolutely still in love with/obsessed over Jason regardless of her echoing Jason's "we want things to go back to normal" statement.  Well, DUUUHHHHH. 

23 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

Can I just say?  Sam and Dante having sex for the first time right after her ex dies?  Weird and the opposite of hot.

It seemed like her slamming the door on her ended relationship with Jason, and going all in with Dante because she doesn't want to focus on her pain and sadness about  Jason or Danny losing Jason. 

I laughed that afterward, there was no glowing "that was amazing" etc.  from either one of them. All she had to say was "That was a long time coming." WHAT?!  They went from casually flirty together sprinkled with a few kisses to Dante putting Rocco and her kids to bed in her house, and them talking like they're a domesticated, committed couple with a blended family?  This Show....

19 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

Thanks for clarifying because I do not remember LW’s Carly ever being romantic with Jason, that was all Sarah Brown. I was so confused like when did all that happen??

It was all Sarah Brown, not LW.  It was Carly remembering all of the so-called greatest of her and Jason.

5 hours ago, Katy M said:

I think Molly and TJ could be more interesting if they got any screen time. 

Yeah - Molly didn't even get to be in the Thanksgiving scenes with TJ and the hospital crew or her mother's Thanksgiving gathering.  

I loved Alexis today - the "fresh hell" line was hilarious/awesome not to mention her lines to Victor, LOL. I thought  it was Victor when Nikolas and Ava showed up. When Victor asked about her daughters, all she said was they had other plans.  Why weren't any of the three there with Alexis since they're supposed to be so grateful she's out of prison and it's Thanksgiving?! 

Did Sonny or Alexis mention where Kristina was for the holiday?

Sonny showing Spinelli compassion, giving him a hug when he was crying about Jason, and offering for him to stay the night tells me MB is definitely trying to play Sonny as a changed man post-Nixon Falls. 

• Love 2

I loved the Cassadine Thanksgiving, and I'm wondering who exactly is going to be coming after them. But this is the second time this week that an older man who hasn't been around his family for a really long time steps up and basically tells his family he's the patriarch and they need to listen to him. Some of these writers seem to have Daddy-issues, and I'm not a fan.

Dante and Sam were sooooooo boring.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I laughed that afterward, there was no glowing "that was amazing" etc.  from either one of them. All she had to say was "That was a long time coming."

I think Sam was complaining that Dante lasted too long and she wanted to get to sleep. :D   

Doesn't Valentin being Victor's son mean he gets some of the Cassadine estate back?

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Wow Sonny treated Spinelli bad. How would he know about Jason and if he did you call him over to give him an errand. Spinelli should be wondering why he gave up his relationship for.

I enjoyed the Cassadine family drama with Alexis. Her answering the door everytime was hilarious.  Sam was going to the Q's, TJ is at the club, where's Molly and Kristina? Their mother's Thanksgiving after jail. Shouldn't they be there to he thankful? 

Alexis treats Nik the worst but he at least shows up for her. 

Spencer finding out Valentine is a Cassadine was great. Also liked Victor trying to rally the Cassadine troops together. 

Loved Drew and Monica. A son who actually is there and loves her. 

The bridge is about Robin to Jason. Carly and Britt both shouldn't be there. 

Valentine should file charges on BL, wouldn't Michael agree. Lol Michael is all about identity theft. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

And today Carly told Britt that Jason paid to have the bridge rebuilt - conveniently leaving out that the bridge was so meaningful to him because of ROBIN and their relationship.

Yeah, she made it seem like Jason was just really into bridges.  Go to hell, Carly.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, ffwbe said:

All I was thinking is what time is it because it couldn’t have been that late if dinner was just starting at Alexis’ house and Sam and Dante were planning on heading over to the Qs before Drew came over. Danny and Rocco looked at least 12. I don’t think they’d be dead asleep at 7PM

Yes the timing was all over the place!  First they cancelled on the Q’s and then Sam said she ordered turkey burgers but then why were the kids already all asleep??

• Love 1
5 hours ago, jsbt said:

Wow, what a metaphor! Maybe you should go back to your wife

Ellie and Spinelli were never married. I hated that pairing, so I'm fine with it being over, especially since the show never cared to bring back the original actress - or recast - even when Spinelli and Ellie moved back to PC.

3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Just as Spencer was saying that Valentin has no right to the Cassadine name, Victor shows up to claim him.  Welcome to how your family works on an adult level, spencer.

For once, I agreed with Spencer. I thought it was ridiculous that Valentin had kept the name when he found out he wasn't part of the family. And, it's not even a , well biology doesn't matter but the connections you make kind of deal, because he had no warm relations with anyone in the family, since he spent so much time trying to kill them. He and Alexis didn't really start their friendship until after he found out Helena was his mother.

I thought the scenes at Alexis's were good, but shut up, Alexis, Victor, and Spencer. Victor has supposedly been "dead" for ages and even before that, I don't remember him being in PC. Why were he and Spencer hugging and acting like they had some sort of close bond? Victor has barely been back, so him calling himself the patriarch - even if it was technically accurate - was stupid. As much as I want the family to get their shit together, I don't want it to be because he arrogantly demands it.

Even though Alexis was right, and it is her house, I love how she gives Victor the stink eye when he mentions Helena killed her mother, but acts like Spencer has some petty squabble with Valentin and dislikes him for no reason. The man tried to kill his father. But to Alexis, Valentin is awesome but Nikolas is supposedly incapable of anything good, according to her. 

I hate that Spencer continues to get to pout and whine about Nikolas scaring him at the party (which was a crappy thing to do) but he continues to shrug off stalking Ava for months and has never offered a real apology.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Six months suspension for an off-duty punch? In what universe?  Chase was very wrong to punch Valentin especially as he was not even supposed to be out of the hospital yet but six months was ridiculous. Is there supposed to be a plot for Chase in the meantime?

Follow Brook Lynn around, hold her purse — you know, stuff like that.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, ChicksDigScars said:

I was waiting for her to say, "That's not the way your dad used to do it."

TBH, by her looks or shall I say bored looks she seemed to be longing for his daddy again.

Okay, I'm confused. What's with the editing?  Weren't Alexis, Shawn, Esme and Spencer finishing their Thanksgiving meal, since Esme insisted on clearing the dishes?  Why is everyone else, Nik, Ava, Valentine, Victor arriving after? 

Half my show was missing due to a news brief, which is never brief.

1 minute ago, ciarra said:

Why is everyone else, Nik, Ava, Valentine, Victor arriving after? 

Victor wasn't invited, so he didn't know when dinner was or wasn't. Valentin's priority was causing trouble at the Q's and stealing food there. Nik and Ava brought pies. It's possible they already had dinner and just stopped by for dessert, especially since Alexis only served Chinese food.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, ciarra said:

Okay, I'm confused. What's with the editing?  Weren't Alexis, Shawn, Esme and Spencer finishing their Thanksgiving meal, since Esme insisted on clearing the dishes?  Why is everyone else, Nik, Ava, Valentine, Victor arriving after? 

Half my show was missing due to a news brief, which is never brief.

Nikolas, Ava, and Victor showed up uninvited. Sounded like Valentin wasn’t planing to come originally but changed his mind because he didn’t want to be alone so they weren’t expecting him. 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Useful 1

Valentin told Alexis "I didn't want to spend a lonely Thanksgiving after all" so it sounds like Alexis had invited him earlier and he had declined. At least Valentin showed up with a contribution, unlike Viktor who showed up with nothing.

The good thing about Sante sex is that they're less likely to throw Sam at Drew now.

5 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

IMO that felt like Monica wanting to think of Jason as a good/loving father to Jake and Danny, and also justify his absence from the Q Family Thanksgiving.  i.e. "Oh, Jason must be with Jake, Danny, and Scout - that must be why they are all not here tonight."

Did Sonny or Alexis mention where Kristina was for the holiday?

Did either Sonny or Alexis remember that they have a daughter Kristina? Who ran Julian's gastropub? (Poor Ava, no one else mourns Julian.)

I also thought that Monica was trying to see Jason as a good father, again trying to whitewash him as a loving family member when all they've had is crumbs since Sonny  and Carly got their hooks into him.

2 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

For once, I agreed with Spencer. I thought it was ridiculous that Valentin had kept the name when he found out he wasn't part of the family. 

I hate that Spencer continues to get to pout and whine about Nikolas scaring him at the party (which was a crappy thing to do) but he continues to shrug off stalking Ava for months and has never offered a real apology.

Spencer's a true Cassadine.

It's not easy to change your name much less your identity after you've been known under one name for several years, just ask any divorced woman who kept her married name even afterwards. Valentin thought of himself as Valentin Cassadine for 45? 50? years. It's not easy to take another name after being Valentin Cassadine for all that time, legally and in terms of relationships. An added complication is that he didn't have another name to turn to since he didn't know who his fathervwae.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5