Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

Anna goes to Sonny first instead of his family? His mother? His children? 

Yeah Carly go to Greece and find him. When you rewind the tape remember Jason would be dead from the prison breakout if it wasn't from Britt.

So now we just suffer through the entire town mourning Jason, funeral for Jason. 

Is BL shocked Valentin voided the contract? After she lied, used him and had his daughter thinking she was a sister. It makes no sense she wouldn't tell him the truth. He'd keep the cover to save from Peter.

Drew leaving Sam his number, where did he get a number and phone from? 

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

They're all so grateful to Lady Bountiful for supplying turkey dinner from the Metro Court that she has the run of the hospital.

Lol. As much as I hate Carly, LW glowingly dispensing holiday food and then scant  minutes later turning into the SheBeast was well done.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, TVbitch said:

Valentine called Brooklyn someone he once found "moderately attractive," said at least now wouldn't have to be around and watch her lose her looks, and impugned her singing voice. ...and told her she had less class than the family dog. But still, what is with Chase cold-cocking him, especially since Chase knows V is devastated, probably drunk, and acting out. He's being an ass, but just throw him out. I did not think physical assault was called for. V could have had him arrested. 

DO NOT CARE ABOUT MARSHALL!!!! And there is nothing he can say about his stupid mysterious past that will change my mind. 

He’s all about Brook Lynn now.  Man, I can’t believe how fast they ruined Chase since he took up with and lied for Brook Lynn.  Val should totally have him arrested, tossed off the force and all that.  He should have his badge.

• Love 5

SMike could have spent 9 months with his family, but he still wouldn't have known who they were. 

All the budget went to Sonny's Thanksgiving meal prep, and the peeps at the Savoy only had plates, no food. 

"Dig in".  

Me:  To what?

Drew has time to fly across the world, buy a unicorn ornament, and get a new phone. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 6

Just once, I wish someone to laugh cynically when told that someone is "gone" and that they couldn't find the body. No body, then not dead.

I mean Sonny just came back after he was declared dead when they couldn't find the body in a situation that no one could have survive from.

Last we heard, Jason was on Cassadine Island and his death has already been faked once by the Cassadine via Helena (working with Peter). There is no reason why that couldn't be the case now.

Portia please stop being so thirtsy with Curtis. If he wants to be a party pooper and not attend Thanksgivings, let him. More turkey for others. (Not the Qs because they never get any).

• Love 5

Neither KM nor Burton ever recovered from the last few years physically, and that's all I'll say about that on this forum. Cameron looks a bit gaunt without the beard he should grow back, but only Kelly looks totally spent. However injured she was, Leslie Charleson looked like a million bucks.

I've said this for years, but they let Finola go too emotional on the wrong things. She is a brilliant actress who can play so many facets; she does not need to get weepy when facing down certain bad guys (like Carlos back in the day, or weeping over what she did to him) or when delivering the news about a man like Jason. Anna was police on these streets for many years and she should not be so chummy with Sonny, Jason or the mob just because the writing and IMO at times the actor are more comfortable with her being perceived as favorable to the audience that loves those characters. She should not be tearing up over Jason. She should give it to Sonny straight and sober and not be intimate with him; she was a professional, Jason was a professional, he died, give her condolences, that's it. That's what I loved about a throwaway scene Anders Hove had as Faison with Kimberly McCullough back in 2013, when Robin railed at him about killing Jason; Faison didn't rant or rave or scream, he was dispassionate and gave it to her very candidly. This is the business they're all in, Faison got the drop on him, he's dead, that's it.

They can be more respectful to Jason's loved ones than Faison of course, and courteous about it, but that is how Anna and Robert should deal with these people, at best.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 17

I guess Nina will be thanking Britt soon. Now, Nina doesn’t have to deal with Carly’s holier than thou attitude for the time being. LOL!!!! Of course, Sonny will get tired of Carly mourning Jason 24/7 and fall in to Nina’s arm which would be hysterical. Also, when is Violet going to boarding school? I hate to bash a kid but she’s so annoying. I like the Q and Valentin scenes but could have done without the toothpick. Monica looked especially lovely, too. I liked how Chase had enough of the Brook Lynn bashing but the whole storyline with Chase lying about being the father is sooooo dumb. 

• Love 6
13 hours ago, tessaray said:

I like Britt and KT is doing a good job but that scene with Carly Snarly was awful. Cowering is not a great look for her. And did all the security at GH have the day off?

It hurts to admit CM is a good Drew (so far). I hate he's stuck propping Jason though, as was Anna. I'll be glad when we get past it. 

I don't know CM because I never watched AMC.  Well, I'd seen him onscreen on Hallmark when my mom is over, lol.  I groaned when I saw he was cast as Drew, I loved BM.  I'm shocked CM has totally won me over.  Totally.  But I'd still take BM back as a new Jason in one of those "the role of jason will now be played by" things.   Now, BM, CM, and Kemo would actually be a believable triangle.  The idea that any woman would be torn between SBU and Billy Miller was a joke. 

• Love 7
31 minutes ago, CeChase said:

But I'd still take BM back as a new Jason in one of those "the role of jason will now be played by" things.

Then Steve comes back and BM gets the shaft again. Because Steve will inevitably come back. I have no illusions about it.

Also, will they have KMo wear higher heels. I felt like she had to get on the tip of her toes so that Sam could hug Drew.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Also, will they have KMo wear higher heels. I felt like she had to get on the tip of her toes so that Sam could hug Drew.

But then she will be taller then Dante!  Sorry DZ, I love you but the scene with Drew, Sam and Dante looked like Gandolf , Frodo and Sam

• LOL 12
  • Love 1

BM if he ever returned should be Lucky (or Dillon). He never made sense as Jason. And at this point what would be the point of recasting him? Sam hadn't been with him in a year and by the time they recast him Sonny and Carly will probably be already broken up.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1

Enjoyed the episode but the Marshall drama was just annoying.  I actually cried with Britt & Anna telling Sonny. KeMo just shows such little emotion in her scenes. I wasn't a BM fan so CM is awesome as Drew. 

I know most want agree but I am all here for Carly going off the deep end shortly. She is going to lose it when she learns the truth.  

• Love 2

Show is really trying hard to make Marshall happen but I’m not feeling it. During the chapel scenes all I could focus on were the floral budget (calla lilies) and the fact that his hat is too small for his head.

Are we shaping up to have a derivative of the NF storyline, where “Sonny” was gone but still drove dialog and plot, except this time with Jason?

3 hours ago, CeChase said:

The idea that any woman would be torn between SBU and Billy Miller was a joke. 

Same for any woman being torn between Steve and Cameron. I mean come on!!  And it’s not just looks either, their personalities are so vastly different. 

2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Because Steve will inevitably come back. I have no illusions about it.

Yep. Unlike someone like Ingo I can’t see Steve doing hallmark movies or rom coms. He doesn’t have the charisma or the look anymore, if he ever did. Unfortunately he will be back someday. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

On Valentin: didnt he kept his daughter from her mother, hired a woman to pretend to be his fiance’s daughter, stole a child & gave him to his psycho father, aided a sociopath kidnapping her son from the father. Or am I not remembering it correctly?

I get BLQ shouldnt have kept this from him, but he should stop acting like he hasnt seen or done this shit before.

• Love 11
6 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

Unlike someone like Ingo I can’t see Steve doing hallmark movies or rom coms. He doesn’t have the charisma or the look anymore, if he ever did

Maybe during his Jason Q days. Now he has the face for a Weathered Retired Military Officer in a ScyFy movie, or an Up to No Good Father/Husband on Lifetime.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Then Steve comes back and BM gets the shaft again. Because Steve will inevitably come back. I have no illusions about it.

Yeah that's the danger, and the last thing I want.  I just don't believe they're killing Jason off.  That's why there's no body.  Jason Morgan will be back IMO, so I'm not sure it matters whether they do a recast soon or not.   I thought maybe if they did a recast that is well received it could keep SBU out.  They can't do a triplets story!  I don't think anyway.

• LOL 1
2 hours ago, mbluecpa said:

Show is really trying hard to make Marshall happen but I’m not feeling it. During the chapel scenes all I could focus on were the floral budget (calla lilies) and the fact that his hat is too small for his head.

Are we shaping up to have a derivative of the NF storyline, where “Sonny” was gone but still drove dialog and plot, except this time with Jason?

I can’t stand this Marshall guy and he’s only been on a few episodes. I agree about the hat. Lose it or get one that fits. Even when Marshall was still keeping TJ in the dark was sooooo annoying. Spit it out! By that point I was fed up with this character. I.don’t.care.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, mostlylurking said:

Same for any woman being torn between Steve and Cameron. I mean come on!!  And it’s not just looks either, their personalities are so vastly different. 

Yep. Unlike someone like Ingo I can’t see Steve doing hallmark movies or rom coms. He doesn’t have the charisma or the look anymore, if he ever did. Unfortunately he will be back someday. 

True.  I guess the only man I could buy a woman being torn between SBU and...would be Sonny.  They are about on par as far as I'm concerned, both total lady-boner killers. 

• LOL 3
2 hours ago, mbluecpa said:

Show is really trying hard to make Marshall happen but I’m not feeling it.

It's being written all wrong. If Marshall really wants to make amends, he needs to start doing that instead of waffling around everyone with his reason for returning. Start talking directly about things. And this faux humility crap has got to go. Poor Robert Gossett. He deserves so much better than this.

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

You know what would be a real surprise at the Q’s? A real dinner. Not pizza. This old shtick is way beyond cute or funny.

or honestly just stop forcing the pizza to happen due to disaster and just make it that's what they order. Honestly, I don't mind them having pizza and singing their song because it's as much as tradition as the Horton's family tree on DOOL, but the convoluted ness of trying to make it a disaster is dumb

• Love 9

Today's Notes

Sonny has contacts in Greece? okay whatever. I'm ignoring all of this because you know. it's not really about you guys right now. I love how they are like how Jason is important to them and how him being gone is going to impact them and these dumbos don't mention: Jason's mother, Jason's kids. just screw you all.  And Now Joss is all sobby mcsobby that Jason's dead. 

LOL "you died and you came back. Jason died and he came back. maybe this time Jason can come back"  - only on a soap. 

Wouldn't all requests be sent to both terry and Britt anyway? Oh stop with the 'alleged" everyone knows he's a hit man in the mob. 

Jason didn't say goodbye to Monica before he left? What a swell guy. Poor Monica. having to hear this again. I will say i get the behind the scenes drama and stuff - but I don't get why they had to murder Jason. just have be he needs to crap in europe or soemthing for a while. have it be his head  or something.  esp that we just went an entire year basically of Sonny being dead we don't need it bookended with Jason. 

And Monica in the mids of grieving, Olivia has to go "OMG CARLY AND SONNY." SHUT UP. it's not about THEM right now. Monica is comforted in the knowledge that every time she ended a conversation that she told Jason she loved him. Monica says that he wants to give Michael one more day of happiness and Carly should tell Michael. 

KeMo's non acting took me all out of her scenes 

Ned needs to shut up too. 

okay. that was awesome. Lisel and scott are treasures. 

I was really hoping Carly would jump off the bridge. 
and again. we just get verbal memories from Monica but we get a CARLY AND JASON MONTAGE. just. screw you show. screw you show. 

I don't want my reactions to indicate that friendship and stuff don't matter when someone dies. It totally does but it drives me insane they are focusing more on Jason's "friendships" relationships than his family. and I know Carly and Sonny is the world - but it just irritates me we had 2 days of Carly/Sonny grieving over "their best friend/brother" vs focusing on Danny/Monica/Drew. 

• Love 14
13 minutes ago, Daisy said:

we get a CARLY AND JASON MONTAGE.

How long has LW been on GH? Because they both looked really young in some of those clips, and I still think of her as the "new Carly".

Has no one thought to tell Elizabeth?

• Love 2
Just now, Pingaponga said:

How long has LW been on GH? Because they both looked really young in some of those clips, and I still think of her as the "new Carly".

Has no one thought to tell Elizabeth?

Ummm.....
IMDB has her starting in 2005. I did thought some of those clips were really ... not 2005-ish looking haha but maybe they were. 

Nope. no mention of her yet. 

• Love 1

So they turned Drew into a Jason ass kisser, 'cuz there aren't enough of those tottering around already. Fantastic.

Carly goes to the bridge that's got nothing to do with her and has a special montage. All I got to say is LW was so young! The rest was a dumpster fire. 

Let's not bother Willow and Michael while they're in NYC with their spoiled brat. You know, show, let's keep Willow and Michael in NYC. That way we don't have to see them or hear them ever again. 

I liked Cyrus on his bunk, legs crossed, making a casual condolences phone call from the phone he shouldn't have. I imagine him cackling at the news that Jason died. 

Leisl and Scott having sex in her hospital bed was just . . . so much no to that and kind of eww as well. What if Britt had walked in on that, Mutter?

Minority opinion, I liked the Sam/Dante scenes. They are working for me. 

Someone should remember that Jason had two sons and that no one's thought of Jake yet.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

Saw a gif of the bar ware throw. Zero energy.  Sam/Dante please move this crap fast, it's so bad to watch. Watching their scenes is like watching a dentist trying to lift out a stubborn tooth. It's so plodding.

KM really should invest in an enunciation coach if she's going to continue to stay on this show. Ugh.  + some caffeine.

The Jason ass kissing ridiculous.  Monica looks like she's wearing a wig.

I'd rather watch Austin/Britt scenes than watch Sam/Dante scenes.  At least I think RH and Kt have a vibe.

Jarly is one of the worst things to happen on this show ever.

Edit: Saw quite a few mention Billy's looks vs. Steve.  I met Billy in person, he's a very regular looking dude to be honest. He looked way better on YR than he did on GH.  Steve never did anything for me though.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

or honestly just stop forcing the pizza to happen due to disaster and just make it that's what they order. Honestly, I don't mind them having pizza and singing their song because it's as much as tradition as the Horton's family tree on DOOL, but the convoluted ness of trying to make it a disaster is dumb

I like it. 

And I remember one episode, many moons ago, that began with an argument between Alan and Monica, with her saying, "Why don't we just order the traditional Thanksgiving pizza now?" 

• Love 3

Leslie Charleston did a great job today. I liked all the Q scenes. Unfortunately because I am a monster I was a bit distracted by the huge disconnect between her face (looks great) and her neck. Did she recently get some face work done?  It’s very natural. But that neck, dead giveaway every time. 

When Carly was comforting Joss and Sonny looked all disappointed and sad I just kept thinking he’s probably just mad his thanksgiving feast was ruined. Heh. 

Carly has proven herself to be such a gigantic bitch that I am incapable of feeling bad for her even in situations like this. I don’t care about her pain. Austin and Brit were good. Do they have chemistry? I can’t decide.  I didn’t mind Sam and Dante. KeMo’s heart definitely wasn’t into throwing that glass though. Zero emotion. Might as well have been a tissue.

I don’t want to see a Sam, Dante, Drew triangle.  Sam doesn’t really deserve either one of them. I’d really like to see Drew and Elizabeth together as she legit did fall in love with him before the whole Jason reveal, but they seem to be all in on Liz and Finn. Maybe Drew and Britt??

I am so happy Scotty and his schnitzel are back together!  They are adorable I don’t even care. 

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

Yes to this!  I like the whole pizza and song thing, it’s tradition. But after all these years they can just go straight there, they don’t have to go through with the whole disaster ruse. We know what’s going to happen let’s just get to it. 

1 hour ago, Daisy said:

LOL "you died and you came back. Jason died and he came back. maybe this time Jason can come back"  - only on a soap. 

I’m glad they are actually acknowledging it though!  Like why would anyone believe a person is actually dead, they all come back to life so there’s always hope!

• Love 4

LOL that there's a news blackout on Jason's death.

28 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I liked Cyrus on his bunk, legs crossed, making a casual condolences phone call from the phone he shouldn't have. I imagine him cackling at the news that Jason died. 

That was pretty funny. And he hung up on Sonny! My hero.

• Love 9

I have the feeling that Carly "Jason can't be dead" is going to be the angel who never doubts Jason, while Britt "I saw the tunnel collapse on him" is going to be the bad one.  And we're supposed to be angry that Jason turned to Britt to help her.

Sonny not only has super contacts in Greece, he can also make a media blackout for 24 hours to people can grieve for Jason privately. That Sonny, there's nothing that he cant do, except chop a carrot yesterday.

Monica: "Of course Jason had to s pend Thanksgiving with his kids."  Really? This retcon to make Jason the bestest parent ever is eyerolling, as is trying to put the blame on Jason and Drew not knowing each other well before on Drew. Jason showed zero interest in Drew when he came back other than to take Sam from him.

I wonder where Jake and Aiden are. For all Sam's sobbing that now she has to tell Danny that his father is dead, no one gives a thought to Liz and Jake.

49 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Oh stop with the 'alleged" everyone knows he's a hit man in the mob. 

How stupid do they think we are?  We've seen him threaten and kill on Sonny's orders many times.

49 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Has Drew fired Michael yet?  <fingers crossed>

And who will Drew support in the ELQ meeting, his family, or Valentin who risked his life to save him?

Id like to see Carly without a man but Michael without an Aurora or ELQ job would be acceptable.

• Love 8
42 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

Carly has proven herself to be such a gigantic bitch that I am incapable of feeling bad for her even in situations like this. I don’t care about her pain.

She can barely care about most other people's, so yeah, she can suck it.  And of course she got a montage on the bridge that had nothing to do with her.  If TPTB thought they could pull it off, they'd probably recreate the time Jason carried Robin off the stage after she gave the speech at the Nurses Ball with LW.

• Love 10

I may be mis-remembering, but I think there have been one or two years where the Q-Thanksgiving twist was that they were going to outsmart the curse by ordering pizza at the outset, instead of doing a traditional dinner, but then the pizza itself was put in jeopardy. 

• LOL 2
2 minutes ago, threebluestars said:

They should have recast Jason right away. So many people have died and come back in the recent past that these "deaths" have no meaning. I just don't care because it's not like he'll stay dead.

Or they should have just had him ride off in the sunset, he needed "time away from PC" or something. There is zero emotion in any of these scenes for me. Yes some of it is the terrible acting (KM) or annoying lack of vulnerability (LW) but like you said there is no meaning, especially when not dead recast Drew is now walking around again.

• Love 10
8 minutes ago, Hater said:

Or they should have just had him ride off in the sunset, he needed "time away from PC" or something. There is zero emotion in any of these scenes for me. Yes some of it is the terrible acting (KM) or annoying lack of vulnerability (LW) but like you said there is no meaning, especially when not dead recast Drew is now walking around again.

that was my point. like we spent a year of Sonny being "dead" now it's more "Jason is dead. again."  they easily could  have just had Jason have a crisis of faith, maybe he shot an innocent child when he was mobbing and he tells his owners that it easily could have been Jake and Danny and he honestly can't  do this life anymore. he needs to get away from everyone and find out without anyone pulling him in any direction who he is and what he wants to do. 

they also could have simply recasted the guy. like it doesn't even matter if SBu wanted to come back down the road. cross that bridge when you get there.

• Love 7

That Jason/Carly montage was a choice. Maybe it would have had more impact if they were actually together before he died. I’m glad Jason is gone but if we had to suffer through a long montage, there were way better Jason scenes than those. And of course Joss finds out about Jason onscreen and gets a big scene while Danny and Jake are MIA

Edited by ffwbe
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

And of course Joss finds out about Jason onscreen and gets a big scene while Danny and Jake are MIA

Of course.  And let's just hope Cam is suitably devastated or Joss will lecture and judge him on his lack of emotion.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

That Jason/Carly montage was a choice.

The scene where they kissed in the bar, was that a remake of when they first met? Obviously LW and SBU were younger when that was filmed but LW wasn't original Carly... so whas that a scene from Jason-is -dead montage the first time Jason "died"/

• Love 3