Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

"I loved the scenes between Alexis and Sam as well. I don't think Sam is nearly as bad, or low energy, as people talk about."

FilmGeek, I agree but I have seen a change in her since BM left and SBU returned.   I have no idea how bad BTS got but I assume a lot changed for her, and whenever men are involved I give the benefit of the doubt to the woman.  I've been well served doing that.  lol

• Useful 2
3 hours ago, Melgaypet said:

I was gonna say, the person on this show I've seen Sean Blakemore have the most chemistry with is Laura Wright, hands down, and the show refused to go there.

They were going for it, it seemed to me anyway, til the day FV and RC took over or very close to it. Then it was full steam ahead with Brandon Barash and RH.

14 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

It's not like Alexis/NLG is treated like most "older" actresses on soaps. She still gets front-burner stories, including back when Shawn was paired with her (though their pairing never was as popular as some of her other ones.) 

Does she though? She didn't then, not in 2012 when they put them together on the 1-2 day a week squad. Before him she was in some subplot trying to date Mac. The only reason Alexis got major story following Shawn is because the thing with Julian took off for awhile (and it was intended to be temporary). Now what's she done in the last few years but get soused, fuck dayplayers and then spend almost the entire year in jail? I love Alexis when she has something decent to play, but her best days are passed.

From what I remember, I could be wrong, Shawn and Alexis were actually one of those pairings where the audience noticed chemistry and then they were paired together.

I don't remember that at all. I do remember it happening with Carly, which they killed.

15 minutes ago, CeChase said:

"I loved the scenes between Alexis and Sam as well. I don't think Sam is nearly as bad, or low energy, as people talk about."

FilmGeek, I agree but I have seen a change in her since BM left and SBU returned.   I have no idea how bad BTS got but I assume a lot changed for her, and whenever men are involved I give the benefit of the doubt to the woman.  I've been well served doing that.  lol

Well both Billy and Steve are now gone, so I guess we should expect Kelly to perk up more?   The baggage is finally gone for her. 

I just would like to see Drew with someone else and hope they steer him away from her.  I guess today he was chem tested with Maxie.

Edited by Hater
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

I don't even remember Maxie and Drew being that close before. But I know that he and Carly and Sonny weren't that close anymore after Jason came back. So the whole Carly running to him to hug him and whatever else felt extra fake to me. 

The show doesn't want us to remember how she and Sonny wanted nothing to do with Drew once it was clear he was going to pull away from Sonny/the business and prioritize Sam and the kids, and how they treated him like dirt once they had their proof he wasn't Jason. Carly worked overtime to gift Sam back to Jason.

• Love 9
27 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I loved the scenes between Alexis and Sam as well. I don't think Sam is nearly as bad, or low energy, as people talk about.

I don't think she is either. Sam was never a character who showed a ton of emotion. 

But to each their own.

• Love 3

To be fair to me I always thought KM was low energy. ;) Her voice has changed a lot though, and she definitely has gotten more mushed mouthed, or at least she was a few months ago. I have hardly watched any of her scenes lately.

• Love 2

Speaking of acting, JPS' style bugs me at times. I think Valentin and Anna are ok but they are another couple that I am not exactly wowed by.  I think GH pairings overall are very weak and I feel like the show is just kind of sticking characters with each other that can be better served elsewhere.

What I find most interesting is Jason/Britt seemed to have had the most potential of the new pairings imo.  Sbu's Jason is not worthy of most women but I thought KT and him had a good vibe going.  Her sort of awkward,  sarcastic delivery meshed well with the "stone cold" bull.    

Edited by Hater
  • Love 10
47 minutes ago, CeChase said:

I definitely noticed a change when she was paired with SBu again, but I think she's been better with Dante.

43 minutes ago, jsbt said:

Does she though? She didn't then, not in 2012 when they put them together on the 1-2 day a week squad. Before him she was in some subplot trying to date Mac. The only reason Alexis got major story following Shawn is because the thing with Julian took off for awhile (and it was intended to be temporary). Now what's she done in the last few years but get soused, fuck dayplayers and then spend almost the entire year in jail? I love Alexis when she has something decent to play, but her best days are passed.

I guess it depends on your definition of front-burner. There have been times here or there where she's had not much to do, then had some mid-burner stories, and then more front-burner ones certainly a lot more airtime than other actresses' her age. I guess you can quibble with the quality, but her "getting soused" was still a storyline, and again, more than other actors get on this show. I don't agree her best days are behind her. I guess you could say that about all the characters. It just depends on the writing.

46 minutes ago, jsbt said:

I don't remember that at all. I do remember it happening with Carly, which they killed.

That's what I remember, especially since I was one of those noticing the chemistry between them. I'm not saying they were massively popular, but I don't recall Shawn/Carly being that either, but more than a few people noticed chemistry between them.

21 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Valentin's hypocrisy is just so annoying. And, yes, Chase told him that he was kept in the dark as much as he was, so why he's determined to get revenge on both Chase and BrookLynn makes no sense, especially since it seems he deliberately goaded Chase on Thanksgiving, just to punish him.

and the thing is. like. it's only being done to draw out more dramah for Petah. Like i love how almost everyone keeps going "oh my god you would do that for stocks?!" Yes Valentin. BLQ felt desperate enough to get her father's love back and her family's company that means so much for the family that she would do anything back to get it back under control. I'm not excusing the behaviour - that was wrong, so I'm not blaming him for being upset and hurt, that's natural but this clutch chest how COULD you. when you paid someone to be Nina's daughter so she could stop looking and YOU could be the hero (i don't know the whole storyline here but i'm guessing that's why he did it). 

And it's like. Nina talked to you, explained how it hurt but she decided to forgive him and out of all of that Valentin is all "cool but I HURT so I AM GONNA SCREW EVERYONE OVER."  like crap, dude, show the grace that was shown you for the very same thing. you don't have to be nice, get your zingers in. 

though it still just boggles my mind why on soaps they always have someone take over a company that a family owns so they can go ha ha ha i own it. like what's the point? no one likes you, respects you or anything like that why would you wanna work in a company like that as a CEO? 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

But who is there in the right age group?  Sasha has Brando, Brook Lynn has Chase (yet another cop), Sam has Dante and Maxie wouldn't feel right about dating her best friend's husband.

That is true and it’s the same issue for Britt. I’ve long said that they need to stop adding 50+ year old men to this show. There’s way too many of them on the cast relative to women. I guess the vaccine mandate got rid of 2 of them but knowing FV, they’ll be more in the next few months. He can’t help himself. 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Love 5
37 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

That's what I remember, especially since I was one of those noticing the chemistry between them. I'm not saying they were massively popular, but I don't recall Shawn/Carly being that either, but more than a few people noticed chemistry between them.

Carly and Shawn had an ok following but they weren’t big and they danced around each other for close to 2 years and never progressed past a couple kisses so it wasn’t for a lack of time. I do suspect it had a lot to do with the fact that they didn’t want to put their lead female character in an IR pairing. Those pairings on this show have almost always gotten very little focus. 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Love 1

Now that Victor is claiming Valentin as his son, Alexis can claim him as a first cousin. Every time Spencer throws out that Valentin tried to kill him as a child, I'm reminded that Helena killed Alexis' mother in front of her. It's Cassadine land.

Why would Sonny think that Spinelli tracing Cyrus' burner phone make any difference? It's a burner phone and they already know that Cyrus is in prison.

1 hour ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I don't think that's true. Most soap parents aren't seen with their kids that much, unless their kids serve some sort of storyline purpose (or the audience responds to a particular child actor - like Violet.) Granted this was during the early days of the pandemic, but how often did we see Ava with Avery when she had custody of her after Sonny "died?" Before this autism story, how often did we see Olivia with Leo? There was a running joke about Donna all but disappearing at some point, before she was suddenly SORASed recently. 

Nothing against KM's performance but the writing for Sam as a parent is pretty awful. Carly has a nanny for Donna and Avery and Ava has staff at Wyndermere and she was always showing up at Sonny's wanting to see her daughter. It seems like Sam is always dumping her children at Monica's to run off with whatever current man she has, from leaving forthe Swiss caper with Spinelli and Jason to going to Greece with Dante. When she invited Dante into her bed, there was only the feeling of inevitability that she's sleeping with another man she barely knows. And there was the time she traded her children's voting rights so that she could be with Jason. Her man is her priority, not her children

Sam's idea of feeding her kids.... I'm always making fun of Sonny's cooking or Olivia's obsession with feeding people but Sam's idea of snacks for the kids was cupcakes, cookies and donuts, followed by burgers. (This message has been brought to you by the letter 'd' for diabetes.) When Jason was around he was the one cooking for them.

It's not KM's fault but Sam's not been written as a good parent. And if she was often showing Scout pictures of Drew as she said, why did Scout not recognize Drew at all when he showed up?

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

It's not KM's fault but Sam's not been written as a good parent. And if she was often showing Scout pictures of Drew as she said, why did Scout not recognize Drew at all when he showed up?

Because the writing is very inconsistent. I was expecting a very different reunion between Drew and Scout based on what we were told about Sam showing Scout pictures of her father. Instead, we had Scout hiding her face in Dante's leg. 

I sort of get it on some level, a picture and a live-person are two very different things. But when Scout was asked if she recognized him, her answer was to shake her head. 

• Love 5

Donna, obliviously playing with something in her high chair. 

Carly: "I know, I miss him, too."  Way to project your feelings on your toddler who hasn't a clue what, or who, you're talking about. 

And the writers can spare me this revision that Sonny and Carly were close with Drew.  They dropped him like a bad habit when the "real Jason" came back, to the point of going on and fucking on about how "deep down, I knew something was off."  Drew, go retake control of Aurora, hang with Curtis, and forget the Corinthii exist.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Nothing against KM's performance but the writing for Sam as a parent is pretty awful. Carly has a nanny for Donna and Avery and Ava has staff at Wyndermere and she was always showing up at Sonny's wanting to see her daughter. It seems like Sam is always dumping her children at Monica's to run off with whatever current man she has, from leaving forthe Swiss caper with Spinelli and Jason to going to Greece with Dante. When she invited Dante into her bed, there was only the feeling of inevitability that she's sleeping with another man she barely knows. And there was the time she traded her children's voting rights so that she could be with Jason. Her man is her priority, not her children

Sam's idea of feeding her kids.... I'm always making fun of Sonny's cooking or Olivia's obsession with feeding people but Sam's idea of snacks for the kids was cupcakes, cookies and donuts, followed by burgers. (This message has been brought to you by the letter 'd' for diabetes.) When Jason was around he was the one cooking for them.

This is where it seems like soap parents (or some of them) can't win either way. Either people complain if parents spend too much time with their kids (Michael/Willow) or people get attacked for rarely spending time with their kids (Sam.) I think many soap viewers don't want to see parents with their kids all the time, so writers try to find ways to explain their absences, like being with some kind caretaker, but then the characters still get criticized because we don't see the kids people don't want to see anyway.

As for Sam, I'm not sure how her dropping the kids off with Monica, or with the nanny at the Qs, is somehow different - or worse - than Carly or Ava (Ava would sometimes show up at Sonny's looking for Avery, but like I said, when she actually had full custody briefly, she was barely seen with her) leaving their kids with nannies or staff. At least, Sam is leaving her kids with family. For years, Monica was kept from her grandkids - and she just complained about her dwindling family - so I don't think Monica minds. 

Sam has basically had two pairings in the last few years - "Jason" (Drew when he was Jason, briefly Drew, then briefly back with Jason) and now Dante. Dante is not just some guy she jumped into bed with who she barely knows. She's known him for years, and she and Dante have been dancing around each other for months now. She hasn't had that many men that she's gone off chasing. And Sam is a P.I. so some of her running off is to do her job. Or when she went to Greece with Dante to help find Drew, her daughter's father who reached out to her. Yes, she traded the stocks. But, I believe, she was just turning over the voting rights (or something like that) to Valentin, and he promised that the actual stocks would be theirs when they were of age (something like that.) For someone whose only priority is supposedly only a man, she broke up with Jason - the love of her life she was obsessed with being with - to protect her kids.

The treats - the Thanksgiving treats? She fed her kids some snacks on a holiday. I don't think kids get diabetes from indulging every so often. Aiden is constantly baking and feeding his family baked goods. Does that make Liz a bad mother? Most of the women on this show are written as not knowing how to cook - Sam is not the exception.

Alexis and Sam talked about it today, about it being different seeing him in pictures versus in the flesh, especially since she was probably told he was dead.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

That stuff with Drew and Carson today was terrible.  Just no.  Nope Nope Nope. The overacting by LW was something...

Obvious chemistry test with Maxie.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 5

Yes, I can tell you from personal experience that seeing pictures of a non-present parent (though thankfully not "dead") and seeing them in person after years is VERY different.  I didn't see my mother between the ages of 5 and 9, though I did see pictures a lot when I was with her family.  The first time I saw her again I had no idea who she was.

I was older and had less reason to be freaked out than Scout and my reaction was... extreme confusion, shyness, and generally just "WTF is happening right now".  Scout's reaction is perfectly fine.

Edited by ouinason
  • Love 9

Backing up, I enjoyed the repositioning of Mister Sheffield on Thanksgiving.  Making him the droll and slightly stuffy patriarch of the warring Cassadines was smart, and a slightly better fit than the ubervillain he was originally reintroduced as.

Also, I haven't really commented on the Valentin of it all, but my sympathy for him regarding the Bailey situation is limited.  It's a lot of crows coming home to roost, AFAIC.

And finally, a thought I had about the timing of Sam/Dante Doing It. - wasn't Thanksgiving also the one-year anniversary of Lulu being shipped off to the long-term care facility?

• Love 2

Seeing them try to test the exhausted Maxie and twice her age Drew is mortifying and at least as bad as the tests with Austin. Please write her out, for the love of God.

31 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

And finally, a thought I had about the timing of Sam/Dante Doing It. - wasn't Thanksgiving also the one-year anniversary of Lulu being shipped off to the long-term care facility?

LOL that struck me too.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, nilyank said:

I think my only issue with the Scout scene upon seeing Drew again is that she drew closer to Dante and not her mother. 

It was stupid. Nothing about this grand Sam and Dante relationship  “we’ve been through hell” has actually been shown on screen.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 4

I can understand Scout drawing closer to Dante. She'd just spent the day with him, including advocating for her with the boys, so she was very comfortable with him and DZ gives off a warm, protective vibe. Sam is Scout's mother but KM's lack of enthusiasm and energy  makes her seem more like a caregiver than a mother.

• Love 4

Okay i have to ask this, truly. 

first of all (to me) I didn't really see the Drew/Maxie thing as a chemistry test. There is that small threat that maybe this is all "too good to be true." and maybe Drew is still programmed to kidnap Maxie. (maybe it's less I am Solider, orders pls!" and more of "Hi I'm Drew, taa daa"

and even if it was a chemistry test. why does it matter that CM is mucho older than maxie. almost everyone looks older than Kristen Storms (to begin with), and as for the second like some people like going with people older/younger than them (as in "yeah we're not 3 years apart we're 15, 20 years apart).  it's not like CM is 75 or anything. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

I can understand Scout drawing closer to Dante. She'd just spent the day with him, including advocating for her with the boys, so she was very comfortable with him and DZ gives off a warm, protective vibe. Sam is Scout's mother but KM's lack of enthusiasm and energy  makes her seem more like a caregiver than a mother.

I don't think it has anything to do with KM's lack of anything. Scout would have known Dante before he even started dating her mother. When Dante came back, he moved to the Q mansion.

I think the little actress was directed to go to Dante, rather than Sam because it's supposed to show us that Scout has grown close enough to him that she feels comfortable using him as a shield against the "stranger." It's also hurtful to the father who has done everything to try and get back to her. 

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, Daisy said:

and even if it was a chemistry test. why does it matter that CM is mucho older than maxie. almost everyone looks older than Kristen Storms (to begin with), and as for the second like some people like going with people older/younger than them (as in "yeah we're not 3 years apart we're 15, 20 years apart).  it's not like CM is 75 or anything. 

Because he's very old and it's gross, to paraphrase Buffy Summers. That's all I got.

These scenes with Carly, Sonny, and Drew are just awful. Like most of you, I remember how Carly and Sonny turned their backs on Drew and treated him like crap the instant they realized that he wasn't the real Jason. Carly hugging him like none of that happened....YUCK!!!

They forget that we saw all of that. 

• Love 9
17 hours ago, Hater said:

Well both Billy and Steve are now gone, so I guess we should expect Kelly to perk up more?   The baggage is finally gone for her. 

I just would like to see Drew with someone else and hope they steer him away from her.  I guess today he was chem tested with Maxie.

as long as they don't ruin him by putting him with Carly as the defacto new jason I open to any pairing with him.  I still think he and Britt are a hot couple.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

This! As long as people are consenting adults, what does it matter how big the age difference is? 

1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

I don't think it has anything to do with KM's lack of anything. Scout would have known Dante before he even started dating her mother. When Dante came back, he moved to the Q mansion.

I think the little actress was directed to go to Dante, rather than Sam because it's supposed to show us that Scout has grown close enough to him that she feels comfortable using him as a shield against the "stranger." It's also hurtful to the father who has done everything to try and get back to her.

Agreed. It's not like the young actress made some unilateral choice to go to DZ/Dante because she didn't like KM. It was scripted that way, as you said, to heighten the drama in regards to Drew since it would hurt him more to see her draw closer to Dante than to Sam.

46 minutes ago, Sheggy50G said:

I don't know if they forgot, or they hoped we forgot, or they just don't care what the audience saw.  I mean, Carly and Drew I think were friendly-ish and cordial due to Joss and Oscar dating, but her running to hug him, and Sonny telling Donna to call him "Uncle Drew." Give me a break.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Who said anything about the actress going to Dante rather than Sam because she doesn’t like kelly? I think @statsgirl was just saying in general Kelly seems to not emanate a motherly feeling with her on screen kids and I would agree with that sentiment. The character of Sam has never felt like a mother to me except for the brief years working with Patrick and Billy’s Jason. 

The Dante thing was a plot point. The Sam and Dante relationship has barely been shown for me to believe Scout is super close to this man. Sam and Dante barely interacted for years on this show up until the bright idea to pair them.  So I also don’t buy Scout knowing Dante so well because he lived at the Qs when he came home.  I would assume she’d stick to her grandmother or hanging out with her sibling or cousins at the mansion. 

Edited by Hater
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

don't know if they forgot, or they hoped we forgot, or they just don't care what the audience saw.  I mean, Carly and Drew I think were friendly-ish and cordial due to Joss and Oscar dating, but her running to hug him, and Sonny telling Donna to call him "Uncle Drew." Give me a break.

easy jason is dead and she needs a substitute again

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Daisy said:

easy jason is dead and she needs a substitute again

Absolutely. He was only good to them when Jason wasn't around, so now he's convenient again. I would hope Drew would continue to keep his distance, but with him feeling guilty over Jason's "death" he might not. Especially, since Carly wouldn't hesitate to play on that guilt.

• Love 4

Today's notes:

I missed the first 3 minutes because my brother is determined todelete this show off the PVR schedule. grr. 

anyway.
Peter is being all hammy and annoying. he recognizes Austin's name. Peter is all. Please tell me about Louise's birth. Austin is like fool, don't even try with me, I know the story. Peter is like :( who feeds you these lies? Austin's like whatever. if I knew anything I'm still not telling you anything. and then... hahaha. he sticks Peter several times really hard. Peter is all stay away from maxie, we'll be together again. Austin is like whatever and leaves. Austin tells Britt he wants to remain Peter's doctor

Maxie and Drew hug. we're getting info dump. Maxie wishes that she could go back in time to when Nathan was alive. Or at least before she fell in love with peter. (or you know. listen to 98 percent of the people who said how bad he was. just saying Maxie). Maxie says well i got louise out of it though. Drew is like YAY You found her?! (me: how do you know louise is gone?)  Maxie backtracks. 

Oh it's Valentin and Anna. Anna is playing mediator. Val wants to say bye to bailey. Val is like this isn't easy for him. Chase is like of course not Anna is like, esp. for val. Anna takes BLQ to task making him fall in love with bailey and does BLQ expect him to throw a switch and just stop loving her? Chase is like of  course not but he was a butthole to BLQ and now he's all "pls be understand." what is she supposed to believe Chase is like what do you want?  Val is like i wanna see bailey so i can say goodbye, so i can tell Charlotte they aren't sisters. BLQ storms off and Val is like i knew it!  Chase is like "like BLQ needs a moment." Val throws a tantrum and goes "I told you the Q's aren't about honour, BLQ is showing that, take your baby and RUN CHASE. don't let  BLQ let Bailey become a Q." BLQ shows up right when he says that and goes. "Here's bailey she missed you." (again. i'm not taking away from Val's anger. he's allowed to be. but also just shut up in your melodrama, Val). 

Maxie and Drew see them, and Maxie gives a pointed "I hate people being separated from their kids." BLQ tosses back another pointed yah but it can't be helped. Me: oh both of you shut up, and just tell everyone the truth now. Drew is like hey i am team Val and Anna and of course jason RIP. Maxie storms off chanting too many lies, too many hearts broken. etc. Ahuh. 

Oh yay. Snarly Carly. Nina was like. You can go see sasha, I'll leave you alone. Carly Snarls why are you here?! (Why do you THINK she's here you cow?). Sonny tries to defuse the situation, and Nina is like I know you are upset because of Jason. Carly Snarls don't you dare say his name. and then goes. I'm going to go see Monica.. Why the hell do you think Monica wants to see you, shrew? 

Carly leaves a sad message for Monica. She thanks Monica for Jason. you know. this is really supposed to make you feel all "see how sweet Carly is. leaving a msg like that for Monica"all i keep thinking is how Carly and Sonny did things to help have this rift between Qs and Jason, and so many of YOUR actions caused Monica countless years of pain. so SHUT. UP.  this isn't about you 

britt is being nice to carly. this makes me sad. Britt is encouraging Carly..note that Carly doesn't doesn't ask Britt or comfort her. But she tosses out a "take care of yourself." 

Sasha and Brando meets Britt and the neonatal doctor. something something the baby needs more time.  Honestly. i just get so tired of the show making Carly/Sonny everything in the show including now the Heart. because it's not jiving for me, you know because they are murdering shewish hypocrites. 

Peter is taunting Nina about Mike, and goes oh doesn't Carly know. and Carly is right behind them. Whatever. If it make Carly's head explode i'm for it. 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Daisy said:

Okay i have to ask this, truly. 

first of all (to me) I didn't really see the Drew/Maxie thing as a chemistry test. There is that small threat that maybe this is all "too good to be true." and maybe Drew is still programmed to kidnap Maxie. (maybe it's less I am Solider, orders pls!" and more of "Hi I'm Drew, taa daa"

CM could date models in their 20’s every day of the week if he wanted to.  Their would be place to of takers.  I don’t know why some people are obsessed with this nonsense that couples have to be the exact same age.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Suicidy said:

CM could date models in their 20’s every day of the week if he wanted to.  Their would be place to of takers.  I don’t know why some people are obsessed with this nonsense that couples have to be the exact same age.

honestly i think it would be kinda cool (and soapy) to see a really romantic May/December romance. 

• Love 2

Why does the scheduling of an EEG require a formal announcement to Liam's parents? Oh, right, it's a soap opera.

I don't know why Maxie didn't tell Valentin and Anna who Bailey really is. Valentin's heart is already broken and two WSB agents, and possible SEAL Drew, can protect Louise better.

I thought that Maxie/Drew has potential, more than Maxie/Austin does.

Nina's told the police that Peter tried to kill her in the burning Tan0-O. Why is he allowed to threaten everyone in town he can, from the phone call to Maxie to Nina now in the hospital?

I like Austin standing up to Peter, and so tired of people being afraid of the bogeyman.

Carly was tolerable today but she's been so awful that she's far from redeemed.

Cliff-hanger, but I don't believe that Peter is really going to spill the beans or if he does, Carly won't believe him.

4 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Scout would have known Dante before he even started dating her mother. When Dante came back, he moved to the Q mansion.

Good point, and it speaks to how much time Scout spends at Monica's Daycare. Maybe she'll be able to know Drew better now that he's move in.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Sheggy50G said:

These scenes with Carly, Sonny, and Drew are just awful. Like most of you, I remember how Carly and Sonny turned their backs on Drew and treated him like crap the instant they realized that he wasn't the real Jason. Carly hugging him like none of that happened....YUCK!!!

Carly seems to skate on the bullshit she causes, without ever apologizing. When BrookLynn came back, Lulu and her were constantly hurling insults at each other because of what BrookLynn did to Dante, but she warmly greeted Carly even though Carly came up with the plan (and paid BrookLynn) to screw with Lante. They remembered that Lulu should be pissed at BrookLynn, but Carly threw her under the bus when BrookLynn outed Carly role in drugging Dante. Carly never apologized to Lulu and Lulu even later said she didn't blame for petty act of vengeance, despite Carly never offering an apology to a cousin that she was close too. 

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Yes it was a year since they shipped Lulu off but Dante already fucked Valerie on Thanksgiving so whatever lol. Plus it's not like they could drag out them having sex for much longer and it's better than Sante doing it on Lante's ten year wedding anniversary which is later this month.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

If Carly wants to unleash all the snarly on someone, she's got the perfect target in Peters. He almost killed Sonny and he killed her beloved Jason. 

I actually laughed when I saw that Peter was strapped to the wheelchair. I mean let's not take any chances with him escaping. And Austin jabbing him with the needle did make me happy, although that's absolutely nothing like Peter ordering Drew to cut himself with a knife. So really, Austin should've just stabbed Peter in the throat.

I did not care for the Maxie/Drew scenes and I'm absolutely annoyed with her. I don't care if Maxie would do it all over again because she has her daughter, I'm tired of her rambling on about the lies. Hey, Maxie, if you'd listen to those closest to you when they told you that Peter was bad news, maybe things wouldn't have gotten this far.

If there was a chem test between KTs and CM, I think that was a failure and Drew apparently still loves Sam.

Day 5 since Jason "died." And Carly is still crying over him. Can we just move on from the sainted Jason already. And Drew saying may he rest in peace? Sorry dude, someone like Jason has a better chance at burning in hell than reaching the pearly gates. 

Still don't care about Brando and Sasha, though the Sonny/Brando scenes weren't bad. Sonny is scared of teenage girls. As you should be.

Great, Michael is back on Monday, looking as greasy as ever. I know they have showers at the five star hotel you were staying at, Michael. They also have running water, shampoo and soap. Please make me happy and go stand next to Chase, you greaseball.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 3

Good grief. Despite thinking so, Carly is not the boss of the world. Nina can be anywhere she wants to be, especially if it's a public place like a park or GH. Nina doesn't want to see Carly any more than Carly wants to see Nina, so they should just glare at each other and go on their way.

LOL that Carly thinks losing one ding-dong of a son is remotely the same as Monica losing at least three of her children.

FFS, tell Valentin what's up and make him Bailey's godfather.

2 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Cliff-hanger, but I don't believe that Peter is really going to spill the beans or if he does, Carly won't believe him.

It makes sense she wouldn't believe him. I do think Carly has some subconscious knowledge that something went on between Mike and Nina, though of course she doesn't want to think about it. I'm not sure she'd believe Sonny if he ever decided to grow up and tell her the truth. 

1 minute ago, YaddaYadda said:

And Drew saying may he rest in peace?

And bowing his head and practically crossing himself? That was way too much. 

Geez, Maxie, close the doors behind you. It's winter!

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Good grief. Despite thinking so, Carly is not the boss of the world. Nina can be anywhere she wants to be, especially if it's a public place like a park or GH.

It's particularly eyerolling because so far any of the times Carly has seen Nina it's because she shows up somewhere Nina already is.  What's next--having her arrested for reverse stalking?

• LOL 11
7 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

It's particularly eyerolling because so far any of the times Carly has seen Nina it's because she shows up somewhere Nina already is.  What's next--having her arrested for reverse stalking?

well Her dingbat son already has her being charged for not identity theft, so i'm surprised they didn't do the whole "i'll charge her for stalking" thing already. 

13 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I wish she had said "for a pap smear, you asshole."

i would have paid good money for that. 

12 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

LOL that Carly thinks losing one ding-dong of a son is remotely the same as Monica losing at least three of her children.

right? she always has to make it all about herself. 

14 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

FFS, tell Valentin what's up and make him Bailey's godfather.

honestly that was basically where today was heading.  like. Maxie's little hissyfit at the end just made me roll my eyes because i mean dude this was all your idea, because you were all "EVERYONE JUST HATES PETER, I KNOW HIM."  so just shut up.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Her dingbat son already has her being charged for not identity theft, so i'm surprised they didn't do the whole "i'll charge her for stalking" thing already. 

She was going to call the cops for that when she saw Nina with Willow and Wiley, but Willow talked her out of it.

2 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

She was going to call the cops for that when she saw Nina with Willow and Wiley, but Willow talked her out of it.

yeah. i remember. Stalking Wiley while being there before him, on the Phone while Willow stood there ready to pee her pants. 

God i hate that entire family.

• Love 5
51 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Great, Michael is back on Monday, looking as greasy as ever.

Yes! When they showed that preview he looked terrible.. And he badly needs a haircut. The idea that he is the young male romantic lead is just laughable.  He honestly looks as if his hair would smell bad. I guess it is probably some type of hair product instead of oily hair, but Chad or the hair people on GH really need to rethink that styling decision. 

• Love 5