Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

18 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

And Jason walked out without taking any clothing with him? I know he doesn't have a lot of variety in his wardrobe, but odds are he has more than 1 t-shirt, 1 pair of jeans, 1 pair of socks and 1 pair of shoes.

He knows Carly has clothing (and probably a room or a cot next to her bed) for him at her place, since I imagine she's been waiting for a circumstance like this. 

Edited by rur
  • LOL 10
  • Love 2

Is anyone else suspicious of all the 'Valentin is Charlotte's father's talk. Laura, Lulu, Jax, Sasha all reference him being a good dad, while Curtis and Jax go digging for the surrogate. I'm wondering if they're doing a paternity switch? 

I wasn't watching when Valentin first came on, is there a chance Helena just told him he was the dad? 

• Useful 3
1 hour ago, Pingaponga said:

It's too bad Charlotte didn't see her father shoving Ava off the parapet

When Valentin was walking her away, she did look over at the edge, almost like she had caught the tail of something when she walked up to him.  (or the actress was curious!!)

• Love 6
1 hour ago, rur said:

And Jason walked out without taking any clothing with him?

He wasn't living with Sam, he had his own apartment.  

1 hour ago, sacrebleu said:

Is anyone else suspicious of all the 'Valentin is Charlotte's father's talk.

There does seem to be a lot of anvils dropping but what would be the point of taking away Valentin's paternity away.  Who else could be the father?  

I wasn't watching when Valentin first came on, is there a chance Helena just told him he was the dad? 

I thought when there was discussion as to whether Griffin or Nathan was the father, DNA results showed it was Valentin (of course DNA results can be tampered with!!)

I thought we were still a day behind and that there would be no cliffhanger ending until Monday's episode.  So having Nik, dressed so fine, soaking wet, carrying a soaking wet Ava, kicking open the door and stalking in was all kinds of delicious.  I squeed, rewound and squeed again!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

Now that’s how you do a Friday cliffhanger! The whole time watching the wedding I kept saying I need Ava to show up drenched and announce that Valentin pushed her off the parapet. And then we got a twofer when Nikolas walked in carrying her. I can’t wait until Monday, presuming they actually follow up on Monday. 

but seriously  Sam/Jason/Diane and the whole ‘the parole officer is just gunning for Jason so let’s have spinelli dig up dirt on her so we can get you someone else? Why are they so sure the next one won’t make the same demands? Because how dare an ex-con be forced to stay away from OTHER Alex-cons as a condition of her parole? Doesn’t the justice system understand that Sam and Jason are soulmates? They can’t, no they won’t be kept apart! 🤮

• Love 10

is there a chance Helena just told him he was the dad? 

With Helena there's always the chance for mischief, but I don't think she steered him wrong this time.

I'm kind of surprised Ned asked Diane rather than Alexis to look over Brook Lynn's contract. He's usually contemptuous of anyone connected to Sonny.

The slit on Nina's dress was rather perilously high.

LOL at all the guests' expressions during the ceremony. 

Oh, poor Jason and Sam. Their illegal activities and stupid decisions have consequences. Who'd've thunk? "This isn't fair!" She's thinking more about not being with Jason than the possibility that she might go back to jail and not see anyone for two years. Mother of the year, people.

That dumb music they played. Everything that happened is their fault!

AWESOME cliffhanger. 

• Love 7

Low budget gh wedding. Music playing when nina walked in but no musicians. Not even a boom box could be scrounged up on Spoon Island lol! 🎵🎶📼

Today's ending - I'm with you guys - great soap drama.

lol the scene when Valentin pushes the sequin dummy over the ledge.  no stunt person I'm guessing!

lots of sequins on the ladies. Requirement for new years i guess! Jordan's dress was smoking hot on her! Her figure is fantastic, and such beautiful skin.

Edited by seasons
  • Love 1
55 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

but seriously  Sam/Jason/Diane and the whole ‘the parole officer is just gunning for Jason so let’s have spinelli dig up dirt on her so we can get you someone else? 

UGH!  I didn't see today, but that sounds like the Margaux crap with Sonny, or even Nurse Mary Pat with Carly, that these authority figures are big meanies gunning after innocent victims except how they're not innocent or victims.  Sam was convicted OF MURDER, that she's out on parole is a ludicrous piece of luck, she should be kissing this woman's ass versus trying to sabotage it.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 10

The only thing that could have made it better is if TC walked in carrying Ava. I do hope Charlotte is the one to corroborate Ava's claims that Valentin pushed her. That might be a good story line with her having to come to grips with what she saw and the reality of what her father is capable of. ...then she could try to help Nina finally fucking see the light. 😄

Ummmm Diane and JaSam, maybe the parole officer is just doing her job and is not OUT TO GET YOU!!!!! Of course, I'm sure they will make her corrupt. God help us, yet another storyline featuring Sam's lame tears and Jason's righteous savior shit. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Pingaponga said:

How is it that Lulu is completely fine with Spencer living in the huge house with servants and horses and everything, but is upset that her daughter is living in such lavish circumstances? That wasn't just because she thinks Valentin is awful.

Maybe she doesn't think it's so great, but since Spencer isn't her kid, she doesn't say anything.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I don't understand why Brook Lynn doesn't just get a bunch of songs ready to record. Then when the new manager refuses to do it, she can sue him to get out of the contract.

I had hopes of Brook Lynn fighting Michael for ELQ but she's even worse at business than he is.

Sam can either have parole and her kids but no Jason for 2 years, or prison with  them visiting. Sounds like a no brainer to me, which appears to describe Sam at this point.

3 hours ago, norahs99 said:

I love Dianne, but isn't this something she should have anticipated?

Sonny & Co. think that they are so marvelous, they are should be left untouched. If anyone does hold them accountable, it's all unfair.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, TVbitch said:

I do hope Charlotte is the one to corroborate Ava's claims that Valentin pushed her. That might be a good story line with her having to come to grips with what she saw and the reality of what her father is capable of. ...then she could try to help Nina finally fucking see the light. 😄

She can’t because she didn’t see him throw Ava over. She came a few seconds later to ask him what he was doing out there.

Nina already knows what he’s capable of and It seems from the previews that tells him she knew all along he was behind the DNA manipulation to make her believe Sasha was her daughter.

11 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

You know, I never knew that if you're on parole, you're not allowed to drink alcohol. Or is this a GH thing? 

According to my knowledge gained from the stellar show Love After Lockup, this is common. 

That really was a good soapy cliffhanger. I knew something was gonna happen but didn’t know what. I thought either Ava or Nicolas would walk in but not both. Amazingly I wasn’t spoiled. That’s pretty unheard of. Hopefully, the pickup scenes are as good on Monday.

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

UGH!  I didn't see today, but that sounds like the Margaux crap with Sonny, or even Nurse Mary Pat with Carly, that these authority figures are big meanies gunning after innocent victims except how they're not innocent or victims.  Sam was convicted OF MURDER, that she's out on parole is a ludicrous piece of luck, she should be kissing this woman's ass versus trying to sabotage it.

5 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Ummmm Diane and JaSam, maybe the parole officer is just doing her job and is not OUT TO GET YOU!!!!! Of course, I'm sure they will make her corrupt. God help us, yet another storyline featuring Sam's lame tears and Jason's righteous savior shit. 

Ugh, I'm so, so, so not looking forward to this dumbass storyline. That parole officer was barely on screen for a full minute and yet Diane, Jason, and Sam are already treating her like some horrible villain - "let her think she's won" - instead of someone who is just doing her job. Jason is a felon and criminal and so sorry that you guys FINALLY have to face some consequences. "It's not fair!" My God, Sam sounded like a two-year old whining. And of course Dian had to ask Jason if he was okay, which was such a dumb question but maybe it was necessary because SBu could barely muster any emotion on his face.

Was that supposed to be a Thursday cliffhanger? Because it doesn't seem like they could be back on schedule already but that was . Friday cliffhanger if I ever saw one. I actually wondered if that was how it was going to end and was so happy when Nik actually burst in with Ava. I think part of me just wants to believe Ava wasn't dumb enough to go up to the parapet alone and she and Nik somehow worked something out where Nik was watching her which was why Nik was there to save her. Or Nik could have been lurking around on his own looking to make his own entrance. I just had a feeling Nik was definitely going to be involved after he'd disappeared for days.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

but seriously  Sam/Jason/Diane and the whole ‘the parole officer is just gunning for Jason so let’s have spinelli dig up dirt on her so we can get you someone else? 

This bullshit.  Because naturally this parole officer MUST be corrupt and OUT TO GET poor Jason.  God forbid she's just doing her job.  And massive eyeroll at Sam being all "then she get obsessed with looking at the stockings and she KNEW YOU WERE DANNY'S FATHER!"  Errr...is that a state secret? 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
26 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:
14 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

This bullshit.  Because naturally this parole officer MUST be corrupt and OUT TO GET poor Jason.  God forbid she's just doing her job.  And massive eyeroll at Sam being all "then she get obsessed with looking at the stockings and she KNEW YOU WERE DANNY'S FATHER!"  Errr...is that a state secret? 

It's so irritatingly STUPID. And of course the parole officer will have something that those two nimrods can exploit, which makes me even more ragey. Jasus forbid they don't just wait things out. I'd rather Sam get pardoned than watch this story for another minute.

• Love 6

I had to go back and watch the final few minutes again. The part where was a loud bang & they all jump was well directed and acted. The final shot of Charlotte looking away and quickly looking at Nicholas with Laura was beautifully framed. She almost seemed to miss the shot but at the last second was in it. It was just a great ending. 

• Love 2
20 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

This show and each regime that she has worked under since her return in 1994 has done this to Genie! Are they afraid her beauty and grace will outshine the SheBeast? As we've seen and I know, Genie is still a very beautiful woman. I don't understand why she Show continuously hides that. They did the same to Kimberly McCullough. Bastards.

Seriously I feel the woman actually looks better as she ages - I think of those old clips from the 80s and she was cute then, but beautiful now.  A shame that TPTB do not appreciate.

I agree with you all about this cliffhanger - it’s been AGES since I looked forward so much to the weekend being over so we can get to Monday’s episode.  I thought it would be just Ava barging in, looking half-drowned but still fabulous.  

Another great thing about this unexpected twist is that the Nik reveal will not be dragged on any longer.  Also, him coming out of the shadows in order to save Ava is more in character with the Nik he used to be. Hopefully he is on the road to redeeming himself for gaslighting Ava.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Kiki777 said:

Another great thing about this unexpected twist is that the Nik reveal will not be dragged on any longer.  

Thank god!  He needs to be out in the open so more stories can play out.  Not to mention, now Sonny has nothing over Jax, so he can suck a lemon.

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
13 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

now Sonny has nothing over Jax

I hope it takes Sonny a few days to learn Nik is out, as it were, and he makes dumb threats to Jax and Jax just laughs in his face: "Oh, didn't you hear? Nik was at Nina and Valentin's wedding. Everyone saw him."

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
18 minutes ago, CharethCutestory said:

Nik busting through the door carrying Ava was what soaps are made of! I loved it so much not even the leather twins latest session of woe due to a mess of their own making could bring me down. 

Who are they?  Sam and Jason in their leather jackets, or Carly and Sonny with their over-tanned faces? 😉

• LOL 14
21 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

He wasn't living with Sam, he had his own apartment. 

They've been together a year and he hasn't moved in yet?

At this pace, 2 years apart should be a piece of cake.

19 hours ago, ulkis said:

Maybe she doesn't think it's so great, but since Spencer isn't her kid, she doesn't say anything.

Since  Spencer is her nephew and Laura is his guardian, it seems hypocritical to not say anything. It is, in a sense, her responsibility to help provide the best upbringing for her orphan nephew.

What they should have written is Lulu feeling insecure that she can't give Charlotte the material things that Valentin can and worried about how that will affect their relationship. Instead they made Lulu seem small minded, so petty as to deny Charlotte any advantage that Valentin's wealth can give her.

• Love 3
23 hours ago, Pingaponga said:

How is it that Lulu is completely fine with Spencer living in the huge house with servants and horses and everything, but is upset that her daughter is living in such lavish circumstances?

At the end of her statement was 'at the expense of Spencer'. I don't think that she hates her having all that but that the only reason Charlotte got it was because her father took it from Spencer.

• Love 4
22 hours ago, TVbitch said:

I do hope Charlotte is the one to corroborate Ava's claims that Valentin pushed her. That might be a good story line with her having to come to grips with what she saw and the reality of what her father is capable of. ...then she could try to help Nina finally fucking see the light. 😄

So much this. I really need for Valentin to lose. I love the actor and even enjoy the character. But his seemingly endless ability to weasel out of any consequence, or at least significant/long-term impact consequence, is both annoying and monotonous. Because I like the actor and enjoy the character, I don't need him to go to jail. But the man needs to fall and fall hard.

For me, the best long-term consequence would be the scales falling from Charlotte's eyes. My sincere and fervent hope since I saw the preview with Charlotte on the parapet is that Charlotte will overhear or learn of her father's lies claiming he arrived on the parapet after Ava went over and she'll recall what she saw/heard that she previously didn't understand. Then she'll be the one to contradict his statement. In my head it goes along the lines of, in front of everyone, "That's not true, papa. Why are you saying that? I heard her. You were there. Why didn't you say something when she fell?"

I don't think she would initially tell on her "Papa." But Charlotte, as protective as she is of both her father and Nina, bases a lot of her devotion to Valentin on her absolute belief in him and idolization. She believes he is the smartest, kindest, bravest, and most wonderful person in the world. IF she actually witnesses her father lying about his actions in a manner that she knows to be untrue, about things she actually saw or heard in the face of accusations about Ava might shake her heretofore unwavering faith.

21 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

She can’t because she didn’t see him throw Ava over. She came a few seconds later to ask him what he was doing out there.

I don't think that is entirely true.  As Valentin led her off the parapet, Charlotte hesitated and looked at the spot on the ledge where Ava went over.  She also arrived immediately after Valentin threw Ava.  It would be almost impossible for Charlotte not to have heard Ava's scream.  I think Charlotte may have caught a glimpse and heard something, but she didn't understand it.  Hearing that Ava went over and then hearing her father lie about how long he was on the ledge or that he was there at all (he would totally say Lulu was lying and she's the only other witness) she might realize what her father did.

• Love 8

I wasn’t watching this show when Brook Lynn (how stupid is that name?) was on originally but boy, is she an annoying, entitled, selfish and snotty woman now. I was so glad to hear Ned tell her “NO” and then “NO” again. And watching her stomp off with her purse tells you everything you need to know about this person. I wish Ned had slapped her into next Tuesday and then sent her out to find a place to live on her own. Sure, Brook Lynn. Make it on your own. And I don’t believe for one second that you quit that contract because he “came onto you”. Liar, Liar, Pants On Fire.

9 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I had to go back and watch the final few minutes again. The part where was a loud bang & they all jump was well directed and acted.

The bang of the door actually caught me off guard as well since I didn't expect a cliffhanger until Monday, so kudos to the show for that.  

Nik walking in, holding Ava

Nik soaking wet which means he had to go into the water to save her not just walk up to her on the shore.  There's something about that that makes it extra I don't know.  Hot?  

Ava, without shoes which would totally happen if she fell into the water 

The pissed off look on Nik's face.

Laura's WTF look which turned into an OMG is that Nikolas look, which then morphs into the teary eyed, OMG IT IS Nikolas look.  Kudos to Genie

Valentin's WTF is going on look, which turns into is that Nikolas look, which morphs into holy shit I'm in deep doo doo now look.  Kudos to JPS

My only problem was the lack of reaction from certain characters (Curtis, Jordan, Jax, possilby even Liesl, though I'm hoping for more on Monday)

1 hour ago, RachelKM said:

I don't think that is entirely true.  As Valentin led her off the parapet, Charlotte hesitated and looked at the spot on the ledge where Ava went over. 

I saw that too.  Charlotte walking up behind Valentin happened so fast after he threw Ava over, that for a moment, I thought it had been a dream on his part and had to rewind just to be sure it had actually happened.   Charlotte looking at the spot had to be on purpose, and not just the actress glancing over on her way by.  

Edited by perkie1968
  • Love 6
On 1/3/2020 at 6:11 PM, sacrebleu said:

Is anyone else suspicious of all the 'Valentin is Charlotte's father's talk. Laura, Lulu, Jax, Sasha all reference him being a good dad, while Curtis and Jax go digging for the surrogate. I'm wondering if they're doing a paternity switch? 

More likely they're setting things up for a "Lulu isn't Charlotte's mother after all" switch.  To mine the drama of Lulu finally having a clear shot at sole custody after Valentin's latest act of perfidy only to have it snatched away when the truth comes out.

Re: Charlotte looking into the water as Valentin lead her back inside.  We heard a splash after Ava went over, so she landed in the water.  When Charlotte looked down I thought she might have heard something as Ava was possibly trying to keep afloat or swim to shore.  But it was probably too dark to see anything.

I agree that Nik looked hot as he barged into the wedding.  I like this actor while I don’t always like Nik’s choices.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

The bang of the door actually caught me off guard as well since I didn't expect a cliffhanger until Monday, so kudos to the show for that.  

Nik walking in, holding Ava

Nik soaking wet which means he had to go into the water to save her not just walk up to her on the shore.  There's something about that that makes it extra I don't know.  Hot?  

Ava, without shoes which would totally happen if she fell into the water 

The pissed off look on Nik's face.

Laura's WTF look which turned into an OMG is that Nikolas look, which then morphs into the teary eyed, OMG IT IS Nikolas look.  Kudos to Genie

Valentin's WTF is going on look, which turns into is that Nikolas look, which morphs into holy shit I'm in deep doo doo now look.  Kudos to JPS

My only problem was the lack of reaction from certain characters (Curtis, Jordan, Jax, possilby even Liesl, though I'm hoping for more on Monday)

I saw that too.  Charlotte walking up behind Valentin happened so fast after he threw Ava over, that for a moment, I thought it had been a dream on his part and had to rewind just to be sure it had actually happened.   Charlotte looking at the spot had to be on purpose, and not just the actress glancing over on her way by.  

It was funny that the left side of the room had no reaction or acted it horribly. Whereas the right side of room had the biggest reaction and did the heavy lifting. It was like there 2 different directors for each side. Very odd. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, statsgirl said:

What they should have written is Lulu feeling insecure that she can't give Charlotte the material things that Valentin can and worried about how that will affect their relationship. Instead they made Lulu seem small minded, so petty as to deny Charlotte any advantage that Valentin's wealth can give her.

I don't think that makes her seem petty or small minded. I think it's understandable that she thinks her kid is going to be over-spoiled, especially since she already is. imo.

• Love 2

Finally watched Friday; even after reading here, I was actually getting a bit nervous at the end. The ending was of course great but the buildup was also well-done - I think the best GH has done in a while.

The Brook story with her contract left me shaking/scratching my head. So her father’s reaction to her accusation of sexual harassment is “lay low and let the contract expire?” I’m surely hoping they don’t let this drop...maybe an opportunity for “granny” to do some digging.

I really enjoyed Diane’s truth-telling to Jasam. Of course, their conclusion (supported by Diane) was that rules/laws shouldn’t apply to them. 

The producers spent some bucks on wardrobe for the wedding, too. Somewhat related, I thought the velvet blazer and black shirt look worked well for CD; I feel like he usually looks ill-at-ease in the suits he wears. 

• Love 3

I agree that Charlotte is spoiled. But it's not the possessions that are doing it, it's Old-Nina's attitude that Charlotte can do no wrong and Valentin's hostility towards Lulu and her family including Nikolas.

Being responsible for a pony teaches empathy and life skills. (I was older and rode borrowed horses but it was still important. ) A governess is basically an educated nanny which, if Charlotte is as intelligent as they keep telling us, she could benefit from. Lulu's speech feels like reverse snobbery from the writing.

The most spoiled kid on the show, other than possibly Joss, is Spencer because he appears to be getting no discipline. That's who Lulu should be worrying about.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ByaNose said:

It was funny that the left side of the room had no reaction or acted it horribly. Whereas the right side of room had the biggest reaction and did the heavy lifting. It was like there 2 different directors for each side. Very odd. 

I thought that that worked. The left side of the room had super-villainness Liesl and detective/investigative types Curtis and Jordan. It makes sense they would not be as easily rattled, and none of them was close to Nikolas. Also on that side was Jax, who knew Nikolas was alive and would show his face eventually, although soaking wet with Ava in his arms is a little extra.

I thought both Ingo (whose reaction I read as "Yeah, that's about due") and Kathleen Gati (who is glowering) made good choices. I guess Briana Henry was going for a "hardened" version of a WTF face. And Donnell processes the sight and then (another good choice) looks in the direction of ValenTEEN to gauge his reaction.

The right side had Nikolas's sister, mother, and stepfather, plus Charlotte, who thinks he's her secret bodyguard. So that side got the open mouths and wide eyes.

I wish Franco and Liz had been there, just to fill out the ranks. I think Nina and Franco stayed on good enough terms to make an invitation plausible. 

Anyway, it was a great Friday cliffhanger. Coming right after that soppy Jasam scene with the sign language and the dumb song, it was like the electrical pads shocking the show back to life.

• Love 9
8 hours ago, Gam2 said:

I wasn’t watching this show when Brook Lynn (how stupid is that name?) was on originally but boy, is she an annoying, entitled, selfish and snotty woman now. I was so glad to hear Ned tell her “NO” and then “NO” again.

ITA with you about the character, BL as written now is an annoying shrew, not Tracey 2.0. Her grandmother is calculating, shrewd, almost disarming in her ability to scheme with a smile. This character may develop over time, but other than the constant "you're just like Tracy" references and physical similarities to her grand mother, there's nothing going on there.

The name "Brooke Lynne" is a homage to her mother's (Lois) Brooklyn, NY roots. As a Brooklyn boy born and bred, me likey. Just wish the name could be attached to a better character.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, mbluecpa said:

The Brook story with her contract left me shaking/scratching my head. So her father’s reaction to her accusation of sexual harassment is “lay low and let the contract expire?” I’m surely hoping they don’t let this drop...maybe an opportunity for “granny” to do some digging.

I thought the actress played it as though she made up the guy hitting on her as a last-ditch effort to get Ned to buy out her contract. Out seemed to me like she was irritated and then suddenly got an idea and claimed to have been harassed. Might just be that the address made an odd acting choice, though.

• Love 3

Apparently we're still two days behind.  Friday's episode was supposed to air on Monday (Dec 30th) giving us a cliffhanger for two days since no new episode aired Dec 31/Jan 1st.  Which means next Monday and Tuesday's episodes are what was supposed to air last Thursday and Friday (Jan 2nd/3rd), which means there might be another cliffhanger at the end of Tuesday's epi.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

I agree that Nik looked hot as he barged into the wedding.  I like this actor while I don’t always like Nik’s choices.

Nikolas is an idiot, mostly, but the actor is good. 

It bothers me a lot that the writers write the characters chasing after their own tales when the actors have the talent to deliver good and entertaining performances.

• Love 4

It would be great if it came down to Valentin denying he was on the parapet, calling Lulu and Ava liars, until Charlotte finally gets the courage to tell what she saw, and then he cannot bring himself to contradict her. Slightly redeeming him as he loses everything. 

This will set up Charlotte being an interesting character in the future when she will be a proper "Johnny Z" type head case. 

Edited by TVbitch
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

I thought the actress played it as though she made up the guy hitting on her as a last-ditch effort to get Ned to buy out her contract. Out seemed to me like she was irritated and then suddenly got an idea and claimed to have been harassed. Might just be that the address made an odd acting choice, though.

Thanks, and yeah that could also explain why she didn’t lead with that bomb in the first place. If so I wish they’d close the loop as that’s a serious accusation and if unfounded - not good. Anyway, makes sense that the contract thing is just the means to hand-wave her singing and explain a longer stay in PC. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, statsgirl said:

The most spoiled kid on the show, other than possibly Joss, is Spencer because he appears to be getting no discipline. That's who Lulu should be worrying about.

Exactly. Spencer should be a warning to Lulu. Granted, his circumstances are different from Charlotte's, but he was indulged waaay too much, and he's unbearable. I don't think Charlotte is spoiled per se—she has a lot of advantages, but it's not as if she's making huge credit card charges or tampering with elections. Ahem.

1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

Interesting look on NIna's face when Valentin looks at her.  

Of course Lulu blames Valentin. Yeah, he's partly responsible, but this is all on Nik, and I hope Laura, especially, read him the riot act when she finds out he's been alive all this time.

54 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

It would be great if it came down to Valentin denying he was on the parapet, calling Lulu and Ava liars, until Charlotte finally gets the courage to tell what he saw, and then he cannot bring himself to contradict her. Slightly redeeming him as he loses everything. 

I'd like this, too. It's time Valentin's actions caught up with him, and maybe it would finally give Nina the strength to cut him loose permanently. I'm really tired of her folding when it comes to him. The only way I'd want them together is if they paired up and wreaked havoc, but that's not going to happen.

• Love 6
20 hours ago, Gam2 said:

Sure, Brook Lynn. Make it on your own. And I don’t believe for one second that you quit that contract because he “came onto you”. Liar, Liar, Pants On Fire.

To be fair, the show hinted at Brooke Lynn being blackmailed or something that would be this show’s second attempt at a sexual harassment storyline in the wake of #MeToo. Her first scene had her on the phone telling someone he didn’t own her. 

And what Ned was saying was true-you can’t pay off blackmailers. What the show got wrong was maybe have Ned suggest she report him, and she would be believed since this show considers itself so “woke” with what’s going on in the world. (Insert sarcasm). They did sooo well with Lauren’s sexual harassment after all.

That all said, I still maintain she’s a stupid ass moron for not reading the contract or showing it to a lawyer. She’s not a naive teenager, after all.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 6