Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Laura's slap of Nik was clearly stages but the sound effect was very satisfying.

Why Ava? Why?

Why would you want to marry someone who put you into a psychiatric hospital by gaslighting you?

I think it’s a possible combination of things. Possibly as a sort of revenge to have Nik shackled to her since Nik claims to hate her. Also, while Nik could just pay her off, I think Ava would get a kick out of having access to all the money as his wife. Also, while I don’t know if the Cassadines are a respected family, they are powerful and she craves power. Being married to Nik might give her more fighting power when Sonny tries to shut her out of Avery’s life. Plus, she gets to be a princess.

45 minutes ago, sas616 said:

I was 1/2 paying attention to the Dev/Joss/Trina/Cameron scenes.   But I think a couple on anvils fell today:  Joss telling Trina that Dev was no receptive to the kiss and Trina telling Cameron that Dev doesn't talk to any girls but Joss.  So was all that Aiden handwringing just to throw us off about Cameron?  

There are new writers so they could have possible just changed directions.

18 minutes ago, rur said:

I'll sit at my table of one for this: Dev was trying to tell Joss something before she ran off. My thought was that he was going to say that he wouldn't respond to Joss because he was afraid of what Sonny might do.

That sounds plausible and the more likely direction this show would go. There are new writers so maybe they could handle this and do it right, but  I don’t think I’d trust this show to handle a teen coming out story. But, I do think it’s the more interesting avenue and where the chemistry is. But I also don’t see this show leaving Joss, who as a partial Corinthos, is supposed to be the Queen Bee of the teen set without a love interest. Unless they mercifully recast Spencer with someone who could be paired with Joss.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Helena's son but not Mikkos'.

Seriously?  They're using this gambit again to get out of a bad story and (presumably) rid the show of an annoying character?  What disrespect on Hells' evil genes.

I didn't see today, but I have a quick thing to say about Friday's episode, which is shut up, Olivia.  Her "You are so lucky, Ned, that perfect me puts up with your crazy, wacky family!" attitude really grated on me.  She's not the first, but I'm so tired of that party line about the Q's being trotted out.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3

GF was simply brilliant today.  She did not hesitate in the slightest to rain down all of her anger and contempt on Nik.  Even when Lulu wanted to put it aside and just be happy that Nik's alive, she still didn't let up.  She berated him for turning his kid in an obsessed avenging brat.  She scolded him for pushing Ava into a mental breakdown.  She mocked him for spending THREE years plotting revenge just so he could get the estate back.  Kevin watched in awe.

GIF by Golden Globes

• Love 16
1 hour ago, sas616 said:

Slimy as he appears to be, Grey may not have expected Valentine would actually attempt to murder Ava, considering how many people were there for the wedding.  

Even if he didn't know and just walked her up to have a private talk with Valentin, Martin can place them together on the parapet and state that when he left it was just them.  That together with the fact that Ava had apparently gone over the edge before Lulu showed up, but Valentin said nothing to her or Charlotte to get Ava help would undercut Val's claim that Ava just slipped.

If Martin knew any part of what Valentin had planned, even the threats and intimidation, he would be an accomplice.  Same with lying about Valentin and Ava being left on the parapet together.  Attorney-client privilege doesn't include participating in crimes. 

1 hour ago, rur said:

I'll sit at my table of one for this: Dev was trying to tell Joss something before she ran off. My thought was that he was going to say that he wouldn't respond to Joss because he was afraid of what Sonny might do.

This is plausible too.  But Dev said he didn't want to disrespect Sonny and his family after they'd been good to him.  So, he'd already given a family excuse that sounded like an easy let-down more than a frustrated hormonal teen thwarted in his desires by fear or respect.

• Love 6

I was not expecting to hear that Valentin is actually Helena's son, not Mikkos's son. Nice twist! But I still don't understand why Helena was scared of him - she could easily wipe the kitchen floor with him.

Laura's laying into Nik was awesome. I was sure Lulu would do the same when she found out that he was the "bodyguard" Charlotte was talking about, but she hasn't discovered that yet so I am still holding out hope that she'll be furious when she finds out.

Nik has clearly seen the codicil, as he knew what it said. Ava wouldn't have been so dumb to give it him before actually getting him to marry her, would she?

• Love 4

There’s my Laura!Fucking!Spencer! 🙌🙌🙌🙌

I don’t care that she didn’t bitchslap Boris. The rest was A THING OF BEAUTY! I wanted to reach into my teevee and wrap Looloo’s hair around her mouth to shut her up, since she kept interrupting Boris, instead of letting him finish telling them what happened and where he’s been. The way Laura’s face changed, the anger building was great to see. Genie is so FUCKING UNAPPRECIATED.

I 😆😆😆😆🤣🤣 when Valentin tried to pass off the codicil as fake when he’s been trying to get his hands on it to destroy it, because he DID believe it was real. What a whiny man/boy. The way his nostrils flared, I expected him to stamp his feet and have a tantrum.

What today needed was ROBERT!FUCKING!SCORPIO! who would have made sure Valentin couldn’t walk away. Jordan needs to be demoted, and either Robert becomes Commish or Mac does. Because Jordan is useless.

I also 🤣😂😂😂😂 at Ava AND Jax’s EWWWWW!!! look when Nina was talking about how Valentin took her mom’s DNA from her corpse.

I don’t give any shits about the teens and wish today had been nothing but the fallout.

All that said, no WAY do I believe Mikkos Cassadine was afraid of Helena or was stupid enough to let her manipulate or fool him.

This episode is staying on my dvr for multiple rewatches of Laura’s AWESOMENESS.

Can’t wait to read @dubbel zout’s thoughts on today.😁

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

Nik has clearly seen the codicil, as he knew what it said. Ava wouldn't have been so dumb to give it him before actually getting him to marry her, would she?

It’s possible she explained it to him what was in it or she let him see it without letting him keep it. 

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

I like the mature relationship of Laura & Kevin. He doesn’t placate her and lets her speak her peace till the cows come home. He wouldn’t dare speak for her. Genie Francis is amazing and deserves an Emmy for smack down of Nicolas. She is just fearless and I’m amazed I’ve been watching her since she was 17. I’m 55.  

I have a similar history with her, although I think maybe starting a year or two earlier. Scotty had just brought her home after she ran away, and they had that lovely moment looking up at the star on the Christmas tree.

Given that history, it does make me sigh a bit about how rushed things are. When Laura came back from the dead, Denise Alexander was given a hell of a showstopping episode in discovering her daughter was alive. In fact, IIRC, she was thinking about, and talking about, Laura for a month or two before that scene. 

In contrast, Genie got about a minute of  incredulity and happiness before having to move into exposition. Maybe that's more appropriate because it's a new actor, but it still felt awfully rushed.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

Genie got about a minute of  incredulity and happiness before having to move into exposition. Maybe that's more appropriate because it's a new actor, but it still felt awfully rushed.

I think the subtext was that Laura was already wondering about Nik.  Ava said she saw Nik.  Charlotte id'ed Nik as her bodyguard.  She had to be considering the possibility that he was alive.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:
3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Laura's slap of Nik was clearly stages but the sound effect was very satisfying.

Why Ava? Why?

Why would you want to marry someone who put you into a psychiatric hospital by gaslighting you?

I think it’s a possible combination of things. Possibly as a sort of revenge to have Nik shackled to her since Nik claims to hate her. Also, while Nik could just pay her off, I think Ava would get a kick out of having access to all the money as his wife. Also, while I don’t know if the Cassadines are a respected family, they are powerful and she craves power. Being married to Nik might give her more fighting power when Sonny tries to shut her out of Avery’s life. Plus, she gets to be a princess.

Nick is a prince which would make Ava a princess.  What a way for Ava to stick it to Ryan.  "Ryan you gave me nothing but misery.  I am now married to Prince Nicholas Mikail Stavrosovich Cassadine.  He has given me everything I ever wanted and more...he made me a real life princess."   

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

GF showed the full range of Laura's shock, fury, and sadness/disappointment/despair over Nikolas.  It's also nice that someone remembered Alexis was mourning too since Nikolas has not said her name once.

Her whole speech was really well written.

5 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

I was surprised that Dev rejected her. 

I wasn't. He knows Sonny would gut him like a fish if he hurt Joss. He finally seemed to grasp what Sonny could do.

4 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

JPS's cry at the end of Nina laying into him reminded me of the iconic ugly cry of James Van Dee Been and I cracked up hard)

I will never believe Helena was afraid of such a weeper.

3 hours ago, Melgaypet said:

No way is Laura going to let Nikolas continue to keep his son in the dark, do we think that's all going to happen offscreen?

I can only hope. I think NB can be subtle, but GH likes him as the hammy drama queen, though maybe the new HWs can overrule Frank on this.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Didn't we just have a couple scenes where it was noted that Hayden and Nikolas are still legally married?  

Yeah, I still think that Nikolas and Hayden are married and thanks to Nik's "brilliant" idea of scaring Hayden out of Port Charles, he won't be able to get that divorce from her. Especially as Hayden has gone underground and isn't using her cellphone anymore.

Now I don't think that Ava knows that little detail when she named her price for turning over that codicil to Nik. 

I can totally see Nik going through this wedding knowing that it is not really legal.

God help him when Ava realizes that he played her for a fool. Again.

Edited by nilyank
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Pingaponga said:

I was not expecting to hear that Valentin is actually Helena's son, not Mikkos's son. Nice twist! But I still don't understand why Helena was scared of him - she could easily wipe the kitchen floor with him.

It's lazy writing. If Helena who was a scary woman is scared of him, then Valentin must be scary.

Valentin is a wimp. He can't even scheme right.

• Love 8
34 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

t's lazy writing. If Helena who was a scary woman is scared of him, then Valentin must be scary.

Valentin is a wimp. He can't even scheme right.

Exactly. Valentin is a slimeball, but intimidating he is not.

I don't buy that Mikkos was terrified of Helena, either. I expect he had a healthy respect for her evil, but I've always figured they were well-matched and their marriage was like a twisted game of chess where neither held the advantage for very long.

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

I don't buy that Mikkos was terrified of Helena, either. I expect he had a healthy respect for her evil, but I've always figured they were well-matched and their marriage was like a twisted game of chess where neither held the advantage for very long.

Same here. I can see him being scared of a reaction of Helena's for a specific situation, but not scared of her overall. I mean, he was MIkkos Cassadine. He had ambitions to freeze the world!

• Love 4

Noticed that Laura skipped right over Lucky when mentioning the adults Nikolas had left to grieve him.  I wonder if he'll even be namechecked as having been notified.

Also, I kinda want a scene where Dr. O heads home, takes off her heels, curls up on the couch with some popcorn, and calls Britt to give her the news about Nik's BFTD-ness.

Speaking of, I did like Kathleen Gati's little "Yeah, that's right, bitch" head shrug when the camera cut to her upon Nina telling Valentin that she spilled the beans on the forged DNA results.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Why would you want to get married in wet underpants?  At least go home and change, Ava. 

And not a scratch on her.  How about some medical help, other than wrapping her in a blanket?

Let's talk loudly in front of sleeping child about how rotten her father is, m'kay?  Does the house not have any other rooms?  They could go to the hallway if Maxie is needed to keep Valentin from taking Charlotte away.

I thought it was one of these, "you must be married to inherit" like every second romance novel I've been reading. 

Edited by ciarra
2 minutes ago, ciarra said:

And not a scratch on her.  How about some medical help, other than wrapping her in a blanket?

It did strike me that, on a show called "General Hospital", the only medical professional in that room was Kevin, who's, you know, a shrink.

• Love 1

In regards to Mikkos and Helena. Maybe "scared" isn't the right word, but I can see even the mighty Mikkos sleeping with one eye open, once it was clear that Helena really had no boundaries. Of course, he didn't either-but his murderous intent and hers, were on different levels. His insanity was more grandiose-i.e. freezing the world. He was a cartoon villain. Helena, if she were real, would actually be a much scarier person, because she's the type that would keep the dagger well hidden until she was close enough to strike. 

Helena and Mikkos in a nutshell: if you know the person lying next to you is capable of killing to get rid of someone, how comfortable are you ever going to actually be in that relationship ? Knowing that when they get tired of you, you might be next ?

Once Mikkos realized Helena could slit someone's throat in front of that person's child and then go do brunch and have her roots touched up, I don't doubt for a minute that he may have feared her. And she him, as well. 

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

It did strike me that, on a show called "General Hospital", the only medical professional in that room was Kevin, who's, you know, a shrink.

And Dr. Obrecht.  Not that she would run to her rescue.

37 minutes ago, IWantCandy71 said:

Once Mikkos realized Helena could slit someone's throat in front of that person's child and then go do brunch and have her roots touched up,

Did that actually happen?

1 hour ago, ciarra said:

Let's talk loudly in front of sleeping child about how rotten her father is, m'kay?  Does the house not have any other rooms?  They could go to the hallway if Maxie is needed to keep Valentin from taking Charlotte away.

That was so remarkably irresponsible, especially after the little story Peter had just shared with Charlotte, re being a child and hearing parts of the conversation.  

Of course Charlotte is awake and listening, you dummies!

12 minutes ago, bannana said:

I don't think we were told exactly what Helena did immediately afterward, but she absolutely slit Alexis's mother's throat in front of an 8 year old Alexis (then Natasha) and infant Kristina (Alexis's sister after whom Kristina Corinthos-Davis is named).

And, while I'm not certain she brunched, Helena admitted to doing it in cold blood, seemed to enjoy telling the tale, and kept the dagger as a souvenir.  

Edited by RachelKM
Typos - spelling and grammar
  • Useful 2
2 minutes ago, RachelKM said:

I don't think we were told exactly what Helena did immediately afterward, but she absolutely slit Alexis's mother's through in front of an 8 year old Alexis (then Natasha) and infant Kristina (Alexis's sister whom Kristina Corinthos-Davis is named after).

And, while I'm not certain she brunched, Helena admitted to doing it in cold blood, seemed to enjoy telling the tale, and kept the dagger as a souvenir.  

Thank you @RachelKM.  I only know this story from when Helena died and Alexis received the knife at the reading of the will. 

Was Alexis' sister Kristina then also a Cassadine?

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, bannana said:

Thank you @RachelKM.  I only know this story from when Helena died and Alexis received the knife at the reading of the will. 

Was Alexis' sister Kristina then also a Cassadine?

You're welcome. 🙂  If I remember correctly, yes.  Alexis's mother, Kristin Nilsson, was a Swedish opera singer with whom Mikkos had a long-term affair.  Sometime shortly after Kristina was born, the second daughter from their affair, Helena murdered Kristin in front of Natasha (Alexis) and Kristina.  Mikkos spirited away both girls to protect them in separate homes.  Natasha was given to Mikkos's cousins to raise under the name Alexis Davidovitch.  She changed it to Davis when she went to college/law school. 

Alexis blocked out her life before her mother's death including her sister.  Kristina came to PC in the early 2000s.  She eventually died in an explosion from a bomb meant for Sonny. 

Edited by RachelKM
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
27 minutes ago, bannana said:

And Dr. Obrecht.  Not that she would run to her rescue.

Oh, I was just speculating, knowing her the way most of us do. I don't think it was ever said onscreen that she did anything like that. But I think she WOULD be that cold. I've watched a lot of true crime and I've seen many stories of real life men and women who have done something similiar. Go shoot someone and then go see a movie or go have sex with their SO, or whatever else tickled their fancy. And Helena was so put together, it would be her style to "treat herself" after she got rid of a rival. A shopping trip or a light lunch or maybe a session with a masseuse. A reward for a job well done, would be her thinking.

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, RachelKM said:

Mikkos spirited away both girls to protect them in separate homes.  Natasha was given to Mikkos's cousins to raise under the name Alexis Davidovitch.  She changed it to Davis when she went to college/law school.

Yes, though Alexis was actually raised on Cassadine Island with Stavros and Stefan, though very much as the (heh) red-headed stepchild. That she was the daughter of Davidovich cousins who died was the story Mikkos told everyone, including Alexis. (Helena knew the truth, but I don't think Mikkos knew that Helena knew, if you follow me.) I don't remember if Alexis actually went to live with these Davidoviches, who died a short time later and then came to the island, or if Mikkos just invented a child of the conveniently dead Davidoviches, or if they even really existed at all. I also vaguely remember that Kristin Nilssen was originally Stavros and Stefan's nanny before becoming an opera singer (I assume Mikkos helped finance her career, if so.)

It's worth pointing out that Kristina was a retcon, Alexis discovered her real lineage in 1997 and the never-previously-mentioned Kristina didn't show up until, uh...2002, I think. I also think at that point they changed Alexis' age at the time of her mother's murder from 5 to 8.

Edited by Melgaypet
  • Useful 2

Although I’m enjoying the soapiness of the narrative, the amount of overacting in today’s episode had me nearly cringing. I thought Nikolas, Valentin and Lulu were particularly OTT.

image.gif.b8f495cac4e2d001f7b74f5620abca48.gif

By contrast, my beloved Moss delivered a characteristically subtle performance. Didn’t even rustle at the Joss/Dev smooch, which I’m sure was difficult.  (Might want to give him some water, though, Carly. I noticed a few brown spots.)

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

Yes, though Alexis was actually raised on Cassadine Island with Stavros and Stefan, though very much as the (heh) red-headed stepchild. That she was the daughter of Davidovich cousins who died was the story Mikkos told everyone, including Alexis.

I forgot about that part.  You're correct.  She grew up on Cassadine Island as an orphaned cousin.  Stavros delighted in making her life miserable.

• Useful 1
9 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

It's worth pointing out that Kristina was a retcon, Alexis discovered her real lineage in 1997 and the never-previously-mentioned Kristina didn't show up until, uh...2002, I think. I also think at that point they changed Alexis' age at the time of her mother's murder from 5 to 8.

They did, on the retconned age. But Kristina was introduced in '01. Megan McTavish's Year of the Sister on General Hospital. Everyone either got a previously undisclosed sister or the return of a sister who had been off canvas. I remember either Guza or Pratt mocking it in an interview when they took over in '02. Big Kristina was one of their first casualties in thinning the ranks. She got blown up not quite a year after she had come to town. She made a couple of ghost appearances later.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, RachelKM said:

I should not have laughed at that as hard as I did. 

I live to entertain  🙂

ETA: Sadly, when I was watching the Oscars and she won, I first thought "it's that annoying cock block from Eureka!"  And THEN "OMG Big Kristina!!"

Not sure if that makes me a bad soap fan or a good Sci-Fi fan.

Edited by ouinason
  • Love 1

For the record, I have ~always~ loved Laura.  She really is, for me, the heart and soul of this show.  I didn't see the hell rain down on Nicholas (whose recast I really like) but I did see the silent build up on Laura's face while he was telling his story.  (I had to leave before the last fifteen minute segment yesterday).  Boy, did I see it coming.  And I smiled when she slapped him -- which is unusual for me because I'm not ordinarily one for physical violence.

As for how annoying Lulu is?  She certainly is and so is the actress.  But yesterday's dialogue for Lulu in the Nicholas/Laura scene was so ridiculous it almost served as comic relief so I can only assume the writers are doing that intentionally.  While I may want to feel sorry for the actress having to deal with that sort of writing......I really don't.  She's a professional and should try to carry the role as it is written through her performance.  So.  Yeah.  Both Lulu is annoying and so is the actress.

• Love 5

It would be a bold move, but I don't see GH making both of the teen male characters gay (or bi and exploring a relationship). The ranks are too thin. I could see it if they had some other young characters on hand who were well established.  

Joss is still the member of that quartet I enjoy the least. I love Cameron and Trina. The Dev actor is more awkward than they are, but I find him more endearing than I ever found wet-blanket Oscar.  

I thought the followup to the Nikoas/Ava dramatic entrance was a satisfying resolution of the cliffhanger. I still really like Marcus Coloma, and I thought he was especially good in the quieter scenes, listening to Laura. They really found someone who could pass for the son of the RKK Stavros, didn't they? Fortunately, he doesn't copy the mannerisms.

I was glad both Laura and Lulu were there to play different possible reactions to Nikolas's return.

The impending marriage to Ava was good because it wasn't hinted at before. So they've come up with good surprises in this story for two consecutive episodes.   

Now I just wish we could play this Maxie/Peter story at a faster speed. No matter how good an episode is, it goes limp whenever we have to get through another of these scenes where she talks about people in relationships with liars, or how difficult it is to forgive deception, and we're supposed to think "Oh, he's suffering under the weight of his guilt."  

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, Captanne said:

But yesterday's dialogue for Lulu in the Nicholas/Laura scene was so ridiculous it almost served as comic relief so I can only assume the writers are doing that intentionally. 

On an episode with generally good writing and several very good performances (Ava’s facial expressions!) this really stood out negatively. In the middle of the Laura/Nik scenes, Lulu barked out three or four one-liner questions or statements like she was returning to intrepid reporter mode. Agree an odd choice by either writers or actress. 

I couldn’t help but think how different the Nina scenes would have been with MS. 

We ff’d the Dev/Joss scenes so glad to get the context here - I’m hoping they don’t go the forbidden/star-crossed lovers route with them. 

A couple of great lines from the Peter/Maxie scenes (paraphrasing):

Maxie: do you recall that awkward moment with Leisl?
Peter: you’ll need to be more specific

Maxie: I know we’re trying to keep our voices down, but you seem unaffected by the whole fracas that went down

Our living room: Is she speaking to Peter or LWB/FS’s acting style?

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

What a way for Ava to stick it to Ryan. 

And Sonny, just because.

11 hours ago, nilyank said:

Yeah, I still think that Nikolas and Hayden are married and thanks to Nik's "brilliant" idea of scaring Hayden out of Port Charles, he won't be able to get that divorce from her. Especially as Hayden has gone underground and isn't using her cellphone anymore.

Now I don't think that Ava knows that little detail when she named her price for turning over that codicil to Nik. 

I can totally see Nik going through this wedding knowing that it is not really legal.

God help him when Ava realizes that he played her for a fool. Again.

Spoiler

There is a rumor that Hayden is coming back in March. I don't believe it for a second, but if there is any possible way it's true then this has the potential to be really interesting.

I enjoyed yesterday's episode. Genie was particularly great. I don't have the history of the Cassadines, but it was interesting nonetheless. And reading Alexis' history above, I wonder why she isn't showcased more. It's gothic horror at its best.

Nina still annoys the hell out of me. And just knowing that Jax is saddled with/rushing after her disappoints me. He could have had someone much more fiery, and no I don't mean Carly.

I had to actually try and think of why Maxie would try and prevent Valentin from taking Charlotte from her sleeping bed. Then I remembered, oh yeah Lulu. Talk about bland.

Looking forward to Ava/Nik wedding and the ramifications. 

• Love 2

I enjoyed yesterday's episode. Genie was particularly great. I don't have the history of the Cassadines, but it was interesting nonetheless. And reading Alexis' history above, I wonder why she isn't showcased more. It's gothic horror at its best.

NLG does not like the Cassadine stories. She dismissed them as a Dark Shadows knockoff in an interview once, in which she was talking about being relieved she was getting other material. She's been peripheral to the Cassadines for quite a while now, just doing bits like Helena's will and the dagger. In her first five years, she was really in the thick of it with Stefan, Nikolas, Helena, Stavros, and Big Kristina, but she's rarely had scenes with ValenTEEN.

I don't think she gets her way on everything, but I do think she has enough pull that they listen to her and try to accommodate her when they can. And she prefers the down-to-earth material like Alexis's screwed-up love life, alcoholism, therapy sessions, relationships with her daughters and their fathers, best-girlfriend scenes with Diane, etc. 

Edited by Asp Burger

Ah well, it's a damn shame. I'd be interested. And while some of that other stuff is appealing, particularly the Davis Girls scenes, they're not exactly showcased much either. I hate her little girl mode in relationships.

I'm glad that Laura made reference to Alexis. When was the last time she was even on? And when was the last time this show had a sex scene? I guess mostly off camera Chase and Willow for NYE.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

And reading Alexis' history above, I wonder why she isn't showcased more. It's gothic horror at its best

For whatever reason, NLG doesn't like the Cassadine stuff as.mich as other stories.

3 hours ago, Captanne said:

As for how annoying Lulu is?  She certainly is and so is the actress.  But yesterday's dialogue for Lulu in the Nicholas/Laura scene was so ridiculous it almost served as comic relief so I can only assume the writers are doing that intentionally.  While I may want to feel sorry for the actress having to deal with that sort of writing......I really don't.  She's a professional and should try to carry the role as it is written through her performance.  So.  Yeah.  Both Lulu is annoying and so is the actress.

I think that is her trying, she's just mediocre. Either that or she can't handle just one take. She can get out her lines and say them clearly and enunciate, but that's about it. (Which to be fair, some people can't do that, even if they're better actors.)

I don't think at this point NLG would veto airtime because it's a Cassadine story.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Now I just wish we could play this Maxie/Peter story at a faster speed. No matter how good an episode is, it goes limp whenever we have to get through another of these scenes where she talks about people in relationships with liars, or how difficult it is to forgive deception, and we're supposed to think "Oh, he's suffering under the weight of his guilt."  

Is that what I'm supposed to think?

Because what I think is that Peter-with-Maxie is the epiotome of boring and could we just move on with the revelation that he helped kidnap Drew and isn't as dull-as-dishwater as Maxie seems to think he is. Because he really is a dull as dishwater.

As Drew is now "missing and presumed dead" I'm guessing the charges against Nik for framing Drew for the first murder-of-Nik-that-didn't-happen will be dropped? And Sonny won't be able to hold "Jax helped a felon" over Jax and Carly any more?

• Love 4

I literally had no idea who Laura was talking about when she mentioned Alexis. I didn’t realize she was talking about Alexis-Alexis. I’ve been watching this show forever and totally forgot the whole history of Alexis and the Cassidines. That’s pretty bad but I just totally for the Nicholas & Alexis connection. 

15 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I have a quick thing to say about Friday's episode, which is shut up, Olivia.  Her "You are so lucky, Ned, that perfect me puts up with your crazy, wacky family!" attitude really grated on me.  She's not the first, but I'm so tired of that party line about the Q's being trotted out.

Olivia has her own brand of crazy, so she needs to STFU.

13 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Valentin is a wimp. He can't even scheme right

He’s a bit better than Nelle, though I know that’s not much of a challenge.

The Dev actor is more awkward than they are, but I find him more endearing than I ever found wet-blanket Oscar.  

The Dev actor has improved, but he still has a smugness that I dislike.

we're supposed to think "Oh, he's suffering under the weight of his guilt."  

Ugh, it’s so dumb and boring. The anvils are so heavy, and I’m sick of Peter’s guilty face. Tell Maxie, you idiot.

• Love 4

I adore NLG and respect her in all ways.  However, the Cassedine story goes back to Elizabeth Fucking Taylor and is rooted in the Luke and Laura mythology.  Having voluntarily hitched her star to GH, one would think she would be grateful to be a part of that dynasty?  Just saying.

• Love 5
14 hours ago, Pingaponga said:

Valentin was born with a hunchback and facial deformities.  Being backwards sociopaths, both Helena and Mikkos would not accept a baby that was not perfect.  They would have felt a great deal of shame.  When Helena gave birth to Valentin, she passed him off as being Mikkos' bastard son, the product of one of his affairs.  Helena and Mikkos played sick mind games all through their marriage, she knew having a less than perfect son would devastate him.  Mikkos hid Valentin away and disowned him.  Helena had the satisfaction of knowing she caused her husband such distress.  It did not matter to her that it was her own son that she abandoned, she got rid of her "shameful deformed" baby and mentally tortured her husband at the same 

They were both such heinous creatures.  

Helena was so afraid of Valentin because he was HER son and she knew what he was capable of.  I am making a guess that Faison was his father.  Valentin had the crazed vengeful sociopath gene on both sides.  Helena knew Valentin worked for the WSB and the DVX.  He also had surgerys to repair his spine and face.  He was a new man locked and loaded for revenge.  Helena did not fear anything or anyone.  However, she knew she created a monster in Valentin and he terrified her.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4