Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Julian is not legally family. Bobbie and the late Tony Jones adopted Lucas, so Bobbie should be the one filling out paperwork as legal mother of Lucas if not his husband Brad. 

It's really bad when the writers know less about the show than the viewers do.  

If there was any paperwork to fill out, Brad should have been the one being asked to do it.   And the fact that he didn't even pipe up about Julian doing it was crazy.    Why must we all do the writers' work for them???????

• Love 7
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I'm so tired of Sam giving Julian the stink-eye.

OH MY GOD THIS.  Today seriously pissed me off.  He's visiting his comatose son and you just got out of jail for killing a man.  Eff off with the bitchiness.  

And why is Julian filling out paperwork for Lucas? Brad is his next of kin.

That was stupid, so I'm going to fanwank it that Julian's footing the bill for Turning Woods and it was financial paperwork that he needed to fill out.  I can see Julian insisting on paying for something like that.  

If Harmony has to find a job, doesn't Sam?

Would a health care facility that's in charge of elderly and disabled hire an ex cult leader, ex con?

Does anyone know if there is an episode tomorrow, since they are still behind schedule?

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, ciarra said:

Isn't she a P.I. once a year?

Can you be a PI with a criminal record?  As for her having to get a job, they may not have made that a condition for her since she has financial support, and therefore wouldn't need to turn to crime to put food on the table.

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, Katy M said:

Can you be a PI with a criminal record?  As for her having to get a job, they may not have made that a condition for her since she has financial support, and therefore wouldn't need to turn to crime to put food on the table.

I would assume not because a background check is required to obtain a PI license. Not that it would matter anyway because I doubt Sam met the qualifications to ever become a P.I. in the first place. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I would assume not because a background check is required to obtain a PI license. Not that it would matter anyway because I doubt Sam met the qualifications to ever become a P.I. in the first place. 

In Port Charles, I believe all you have to do is declare your intent to follow any given profession, whether it's private investigation, journalism, art therapy, or chief of business operations; once that's been done, you're good to go. 

• LOL 13
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, rur said:

In Port Charles, I believe all you have to do is declare your intent to follow any given profession, whether it's private investigation, journalism, art therapy, or chief of business operations; once that's been done, you're good to go. 

In that case I think the nurses should complain because I remember a bunch of them had to go through nurses' training at GH.  And that reminds me how Frisco got upset that he actually had to go through the police academy to become a cop.  And then he complained again when he was told he would have to through WSB training.   Maybe if he'd found a time machine and come to present day PC, he could have avoided all that hassle.  But then again I complained that I had to go to Jr high and high school.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

And why is Julian filling out paperwork for Lucas? Brad is his next of kin.

Okay, I'm so glad this didn't just bug me.  Because, yes, Brad is Lucas' spouse, and it's not like they just got married, they would have all sorts of legal paperwork in place especially given they adopted a child together.

And Brad aside, as others mentioned, Bobbie and Tony are Lucas' legal parents and would be next in line here.  I mean, is Julian even on Lucas' birth certificate?  Wasn't Cheryl unsure who the father was when he was born?

It's just more making this All About Julian and I am not here for it.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Okay, I'm so glad this didn't just bug me.  Because, yes, Brad is Lucas' spouse, and it's not like they just got married, they would have all sorts of legal paperwork in place especially given they adopted a child together.

And Brad aside, as others mentioned, Bobbie and Tony are Lucas' legal parents and would be next in line here.  I mean, is Julian even on Lucas' birth certificate?  Wasn't Cheryl unsure who the father was when he was born?

Plus, Brad signed the original paperwork to transfer Lucas to that facility in the first place.

You can adopt adults.  Maybe Julian adopted Lucas when he found out he was his father?

And, yes, Cheryl thought Robert was the father.  They did a DNA test pretty much immediately after they found out that Lucas was Cheryl's.  Julian was "dead" at that point and they hadn't been married, so I doubt he would have been on the amended birth certificate (which I'm assuming there was one because of the whole baby stealing thing).  Cheryl wouldn't have wanted the Jeromes getting involved with her child.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Katy M said:

You can adopt adults.  Maybe Julian adopted Lucas when he found out he was his father?

I can't see it, not given how tense their relationship has mostly been, and when they were trying to cut Julian out of their lives legally when he and Brad were going through the adoptiong process.

I like the spec above that Julian was filling out financial paperwork, that makes the most sense to me.

So how long is Lucas gonna be unconscious for, do we think?  Is Ryan Carnes off doing something?

• Love 2
40 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

They're setting him up so that once the baby secret is out and everyone learns of his involvement, he'll be even more reviled. I am not here for that at all.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Blackie said:

Why can't Curtis pronounce Valentin ?

I don't know, but I really like it. It reminds me of Luke always saying "STEFFen"

It's really telling how much we all hate Sam that her "baseless" bitchy attitude toward Julian is bugging us -- even though Lucas is only in this situation because Julian tried to kill Lucas' husband! 

• Love 5

So Gio stayed around to overhear some of Brad and Julien's convo about Nelle and Wylie. Is the end near?

Nah. First we have to see Shiloh's memorial which no one wants to attend but I bet a lot of people will still go like dummies.

• Love 1

Julian's guilt would make him take on any extra financial costs.

I don't lnow why Brad didn't just tell Carly that it's Nelle's fault because he and Lucas were arguing about her in the car. Brad is such a bad conspirator.

4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

There's no way Lulu would have been okay with Charlotte jumping into freezing water just to prove a point.

And it's not like Charlotte is 2 years old and Lulu has to be watching constantly to make sure she doesn't get hurt. 

Vaentin should be wondering why a normal 9 year old child would jump into freezing cold water instead.

4 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Would a health care facility that's in charge of elderly and disabled hire an ex cult leader, ex con?

We don't what job she was hired for. If it's as a cleaner or yard work, why not? Ex-cons deserve another chance.

Its not like Michael has the qualifications for his job.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Sam is seriously vying with Carly for the Uber Bitch of Port Charles. First to Julian, couldn't cut him a break for staying with Lucas all the time, and then to Harmony. 

For real.  The amount of bitch face she was throwing around today was Olympic level.  You know it's bad when JASON seems like the reasonable one with the way he talked to Harmony. 

I cannot believe we're ending the decade with the show's premiere love pair fighting.  Of course I mean Sonny and Jason.  Jason, you're breaking Sonny's heart not immediately taking his side. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

So, looking at the closing (full) credits was a nice treat. I remember back in the day it was normal thing. Anyway, the off-contract people seem to be Gati, Shen, Elliott, Charleson, Kurth & Rogers. I don’t know but I thought LC was put on contract when she returned a few years ago. Of course, I could be wrong about this but the credits went alphabetical until it hit Gati. 

• Useful 1

So I noticed that in Sonny’s living room, there are a LOT of Christmas stockings hanging from the banister.  It gave me a chuckle, that nod to the fact that the man has like 25 kids.  Wish I had paused though to see if there was one for Morgan, who gets mentioned more than the offspring who are still alive.

I love Jax but his scene with Laura and Curtis made me squirm.  She is gonna rip Jax a new one when it comes out that he knows Nik is alive.   But Curtis doesn’t know, right?  I easily lose track when GH has these worst-kept-secret storylines.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

That exterior view of GH was awfully sinister-looking. 

I couldn't even make out the hospital it was so dark but I did make out the rainbow on the left-hand side.   The sinister look is apropos for what this soap opera has turned into - a soap opera whose leading character is a slimy criminal mobster along with a bloated cast.  Greatly contributing to the dismal output is the director/producer that seems content to stick a child/baby in plots and waste the talent of some of the actors.  Quel domage.  It was quite a contrast to the earlier graphic of the hospital with the bright blue sky that was placed before an all-too-rare scene at the hospital.

Edited by sunnyface
Sonny
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, ByaNose said:

So, looking at the closing (full) credits was a nice treat.

I always enjoy that, too. It shows how many people it takes to put on even a disaster of a show like GH. Though the tech people deserve the least blame.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

So I noticed that in Sonny’s living room, there are a LOT of Christmas stockings hanging from the banister.  It gave me a chuckle, that nod to the fact that the man has like 25 kids.  Wish I had paused though to see if there was one for Morgan, who gets mentioned more than the offspring who are still alive.

I love Jax but his scene with Laura and Curtis made me squirm.  She is gonna rip Jax a new one when it comes out that he knows Nik is alive.   But Curtis doesn’t know, right?  I easily lose track when GH has these worst-kept-secret storylines.

I don’t think Curtis knows. I thought it was so wrong how Jax could sit with Laura & talk about someone else being possibly alive to her face. He didn’t seem to feel guilty about it all. 

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

He didn’t seem to feel guilty about it all. 

Jax does feel guilty, but not enough to tell Nik's family. I think he feels it's Nik's to tell, which isn't all that wrong. Not that Laura and Lulu wouldn't believe Jax, but when the person you thought was dead is standing in front of you, it's going to pack more of a punch.

• Love 5

I wasn’t watching when Charlotte’s maternity/paternity was revealed, but are the anvils that she may still be alive leading to Valentin NOT being her father? And even if they did that, I doubt that Charlotte would believe her Papa could be so evuhl.

And I know, it’s “PLOT!” but it was stupid of Charlotte to not tell Valentin that Boris told her not to tell Valentin about him being her sekrit bodyguard.

I really don’t like how Watros’ Nina has remover all the narcissism, self absorbed, villainy from the character. I have a feeling she won’t jilt Valentin at the altar, if her hemming and hawing with Ava was any indication.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 12/29/2019 at 10:26 PM, TeeVee329 said:

My girl Brook loves herself some skirts, doesn't she.  Has Amanda Setton worn pants since her arrival?

Yeah wardrobe has done her no favors since she came on wearing the same boxy skirt for about four or five episodes in a row. I get that she's supposed to be Tracy 2.0, but JE's outfits always had style, class, and flair. BL's apparel makes her look heavy, hippy, and like she picks all her clothes from the bargain bin at K-Mart.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, Winston Wolfe said:

Yeah wardrobe has done her no favors since she came on wearing the same boxy skirt for about four or five episodes in a row. I get that she's supposed to be Tracy 2.0, but JE's outfits always had style, class, and flair. BL's apparel makes her look heavy, hippy, and like she picks all her clothes from the bargain bin at K-Mart.

Is AS boxy or is it the 90’s sweater/skirts set that make her look big? Granted, she was a tad younger on OLTL but she seemed taller. I need to see her next to LW to get a grasp of her height. I like her take on the role of Brooke but her wardrobe is horrible. 

• Love 2

Anyway, the off-contract people seem to be Gati, Shen, Elliott, Charleson, Kurth & Rogers.

James Patrick Stuart was the first one. He was placed between Amanda Setton and Kathleen Gati, rather than where he would be by duration with the show. 

He's on so often that he seems like a contract player, but he is recurring by choice. He has said it allows him to take other roles and vacations. Not that I can recall any periods since 2016 when we've gone long without seeing ValenTEEN (tm Curtis). 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Asp Burger said:

Not that I can recall any periods since 2016 when we've gone long without seeing ValenTEEN (tm Curtis). 

Isn't that the truth. I like JPS, but I could use a break from the evulest Cassadine that ever Cassadined. *rme* I'm so tired of his sniping at Laura and Lulu (and vice versa). At least give me new reasons for the sniping instead of tiresome custody issues. Learn to coexist, people.

• Love 11
On 12/30/2019 at 9:34 PM, statsgirl said:

AndAnd it's not like Charlotte is 2 years old and Lulu has to be watching constantly to make sure she doesn't get hurt. 

Vaentin should be wondering why a normal 9 year old child would jump into freezing cold water instead.

It really bugs me how much of a brat Charlotte is without it ever really getting called out. She got called out for her bullying of Aiden, except by Nina, but even then, it was kind of rewritten to where she wasn't intentionally bullying him - she was trying to help him fit in better. Valentin lets her get away with doing whatever she wants and no one ever calls out that BS. She was bragging to her friends and to Rocco about her personal bodyguard. Are they going to go anywhere with her being a brat and have her called out on it or is this just how it's going to be?

• Love 7
52 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

At least give me new reasons for the sniping instead of tiresome custody issues. Learn to coexist, people.

The difference with this custody battle is, though, that Lulu did not choose to have a child with Valentin.  It's not like she liked him at one point and then decided she didn't.  This is one of the few times I can actually sympathize with a warring parent.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Winston Wolfe said:

The skirt/sweater combo on Christmas wasn't the most flattering, but I've thought she's looked good for the most part, particularly her debut ensemble with the maroon jacket.

But - and this is such a weird thing to nitpick - it's sooo unrealistic that this young woman would wear the same kind of outfit day in and day out.  It's like Sonny on "Days of our Lives" who wears a suit in every apperance EVEN THOUGH HE HAS NO JOB.  It's the holiays, let my girl wear some jeans lol.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Katy M said:

The difference with this custody battle is, though, that Lulu did not choose to have a child with Valentin. 

Valentin didn't choose to have a child with Lulu, either. It's gross both ways, but that doesn't mean they have to continually fight about Charlotte's custody.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Valentin didn't choose to have a child with Lulu, either. It's gross both ways, but that doesn't mean they have to continually fight about Charlotte's custody.

I didn't say it was right.  I'm just saying I can find a bit more sympathy for the adults in this situation then I normally do when they have chosen in.  Like when Carly had sex with AJ and then decided he wasn't good enough to have anything to do with his own child. Or when Alexis had sex with Sonny and decided he wasn't good enough to have anything to do with his own child. Or, well I'm sure I could come up with tons more examples, but you get the picture.

• Love 2

I can't find sympathy for adults who can't act like adults. Lulu and Valentin will never like each other—they both know that—so they need to put their personal antagonism aside and do what's best for Charlotte. An ongoing custody fight is not doing that. Valentin is an asshole for doing this, but Lulu isn't blameless. She rises to the bait every time.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

The skirt/sweater combo on Christmas wasn't the most flattering, but I've thought she's looked good for the most part, particularly her debut ensemble with the maroon jacket.

Being a typically shallow male (lol), I actually find the actress rather attractive. and she actually looks like she could be Tracy's biological grand-daughter. Casting has always been one of GH's few strengths. Interested in seeing what the writer's do with the Brooke Lynn character, particularly with Tracy/JE (so glad she's back) around to mentor her.

3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Isn't that the truth. I like JPS, but I could use a break from the evulest Cassadine that ever Cassadined. *rme*

Valen-teen (thanks Curtis!) has ruined the Cassadine mystique for me. Even inept Stavros was more menacing, IMO. If Luke were still around, he'd use Valentine as a substitute every time a roll of toilet paper ran out, heh.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Katy M said:

I didn't say it was right.  I'm just saying I can find a bit more sympathy for the adults in this situation then I normally do when they have chosen in.  Like when Carly had sex with AJ and then decided he wasn't good enough to have anything to do with his own child. Or when Alexis had sex with Sonny and decided he wasn't good enough to have anything to do with his own child.

To be fair, Alexis was right, as shown by Kristina getting kidnapped shortly afterwards. And later almost getting blown up when Sonny was trying to murder the guy he thought that she was dating.

I thought Carly was married to AJ. Not a ONS.

In truth, Charlotte is an unexpected gift to both Lulu and Valentin and they should be focusing on that and Valentin should be grateful to Lulu instead of constantly trying to keep Charlotte to himself.

• Love 1
48 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Definitely on ONS. Carly was with Tony at the time and they had a big fight. She went to Jake's looking for Jason but found AJ. They got drunk and had sex. Next day, AJ had blocked out the night and Carly had reconciled with Tony.

When Carly realized  that she was pregnant, she didn't know who the father was until after Michael was born.

Much, much later Carly married AJ in an hair-brained plan to get full custody of Michael.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Katy M said:

I didn't say it was right.  I'm just saying I can find a bit more sympathy for the adults in this situation then I normally do when they have chosen in.  Like when Carly had sex with AJ and then decided he wasn't good enough to have anything to do with his own child. Or when Alexis had sex with Sonny and decided he wasn't good enough to have anything to do with his own child. Or, well I'm sure I could come up with tons more examples, but you get the picture.

Sonny and Alexis was one of the few times I didn’t mind someone hiding paternity or keeping a child away from their parent because Alexis was wearing some pretty big blinders before she got pregnant when it came to Sonny. It was would have been nice if came to the realization before helping Sonny get Michael but it was refreshing that she realized that it would be dangerous to have a kid in Sonny’s life before something bad happened to her. Plus, after the paternity was revealed, she constantly had to listen to people telling her she was being paranoid and that Sonny would never let anything happen to his kids even after things happened to them. 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Love 5
21 hours ago, Winston Wolfe said:

This is exactly what have been thinking! I thought about posting something a couple days ago but didn't. The shirts and skirts she's wearing just look so big and make her look boxy with no shape. That made me go Google pics of her to see what she looks like. But honestly she doesn't look like she has much shape to begin with. She looks pretty straight up and down. She's still pretty with a good body though so don't get me wrong. Lol 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

To be fair, Alexis was right, as shown by Kristina getting kidnapped shortly afterwards. And later almost getting blown up when Sonny was trying to murder the guy he thought that she was dating.

Alexis knew exactly who  Sonny was when she chose to make a child with him.  That's my point.  No pity for women who make stupid choices.

Carly married AJ months after Michael was born so she wouldn't lose custody, but my point still stands with long-married couples, moreso in fact.

3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

The whole Baby Michael saga was the beginning of the end of GH.  For an entire year, Jason pretended to be Michael's father because Carly was worried that if AJ found out, he and the Q's would seek full custody, which I will admit, isn't a crazy fear to have.  Robin eventually told AJ. 

24 minutes ago, Katy M said:

Alexis knew exactly who  Sonny was when she chose to make a child with him.  That's my point.  No pity for women who make stupid choices.

Carly married AJ months after Michael was born so she wouldn't lose custody, but my point still stands with long-married couples, moreso in fact.

To be fair, Alexis accidentally got pregnant, like Carly accidentally got pregnant, not really choosing to have a kid with someone. However, the hypocrisy came because she filed the paperwork that okayed Sonny's illegal adoption of Michael, but then decided while it was fine for Sonny to steal away AJ's kid and raise him, Sonny wasn't fit to be Kristina's father. I didn't blame AJ when Kristina was the first one that was kidnapped. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, ffwbe said:

Sonny would never let anything happen to his kids even after things happened to them. 

And that's still happening, even now. Plus ça change, and all that. I'm honestly surprised Avery hasn't been kidnapped yet. (Mike taking her doesn't count.) And we have Donna waiting in the wings.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

I guess  Sonny is so much the king of (coffee bean importers of) the east coast that no one would dare challenge him now, unlike when there actually were other mob families.

Too bad, it might have put some life into MB's stories.

• Love 1
58 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

o be fair, Alexis accidentally got pregnant, like Carly accidentally got pregnant, not really choosing to have a kid with someone.

Did they not have sex ed in school?  Do they not understand the cause-effect relationship with sex and pregnancy?  Yes, they chose, at the very least, the possibility.  

• Love 3

And that's still happening, even now. Plus ça change, and all that. I'm honestly surprised Avery hasn't been kidnapped yet. (Mike taking her doesn't count.) And we have Donna waiting in the wings.

Avery was kidnapped from in utero as Nina snatched her from Ava, and then she and Franco headed off to Canada.

2 hours ago, Katy M said:

Did they not have sex ed in school?  Do they not understand the cause-effect relationship with sex and pregnancy?  Yes, they chose, at the very least, the possibility.  

She didn't set out to have a child with him, which is an important distinction. And, I'm not sure how Alexis making the mistake of sleeping with Sonny should doom her child. Once you have a child, it's your responsibility to protect that child not just shrug your shoulders and say "Guess the child has to suffer because I'm a dumbass who made bad choices." That's one of the big differences between Alexis and Carly. I've always hated Carly, but I would have gained a smidgen more respect for her if, even after choosing to either have children with Sonny or give him one of her children to raise, she had realized what a horrible danger he was to his children and did what was necessary to protect them. The only time she did that was very briefly after Michael was shot and was in his coma, but it didn't last long (and I guess there was that custody fight after he shot her in the head, though I don't think she was seeking custody because of that but because she was mad about Sonny and Sam.) Even now, if Sam had some miraculous epiphany that raising children with a hitman wasn't a great idea and decided to keep Jason away from Danny (and Scout) I would applaud her for finally making the right decision for her children.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

She didn't set out to have a child with him, which is an important distinction.

I'll grant the rest of your point about mobsters not making particularly great, safe parents.  But, not this one.  Drunk drivers don't set out to kill anyone.  The people they kill are just as dead.  Motivation is not that great of a distinction when it comes to results.  For that matter, Jason and Sonny don't intend to be dangerous to their children. Whatever else bad there is to say about them, that much is true.  But, they are just as much of a danger.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, nilyank said:

Avery was kidnapped from in utero as Nina snatched her from Ava, and then she and Franco headed off to Canada.

That was Ava's fault, naturally. Had she been more under Sonny's protection, that would have never happened. /s

10 hours ago, Katy M said:
11 hours ago, Ambrosefolly said:

o be fair, Alexis accidentally got pregnant, like Carly accidentally got pregnant, not really choosing to have a kid with someone.

Well, this is a soap. Unplanned kids are a part of the deal. Even if they were using birth control, it's easy enough to say the woman forgot to take the pill, or the condom broke. Shows think a ONS pregnancy is dramatic—I'm of the opinion most nearly every pregnancy is due to lazy writing.

Edited by dubbel zout
added missing word
  • Love 5

My opinion on all things Sonny is probably the most common one around these parts (it can be summed up with an "ugh"), but I don't miss the days when there was a new rival mobster gunning for him every year or two, and battles for the all-important "territory" were at least half the show. I hope we never get another installment of that. 

That's not to say this defanged version with vague criminality in the background, family issues and the pushing of Corinthos Coffee in the foreground, is great, but I find it preferable. I have nothing against organized crime as a subject. I love The Godfather movies, Once Upon a Time in America, Goodfellas, Donnie Brasco, The Sopranos, etc. I didn't love Guza's poorly considered "soap antihero" version, with Maurice Benard at the center.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Well, this is a soap. Unplanned kids are a part of the deal. Even if they were using birth control, it's easy enough to say the woman forgot to take the pill, or the condom broke. S

Or that it failed as it every so often does.

1 hour ago, Asp Burger said:

battles for the all-important "territory" were at least half the show. I hope we never get another installment of that. 

And no more dock and shipping lane wars, either. Sonny always won so the stakes were nonexistent. It was all so boring.

• Love 3
On 12/29/2019 at 4:38 PM, Katy M said:

Brad was an accessory to keeping Rocco away from Dante and Lulu for whatever time period that took up.  That probably wouldn't endear him to Sonny.

I had completely forgotten about that. Do they know that though?

It feels like they hate Brad just because, and so it will fuel their soon-to-be hypocritical stance on this Wiley/Jonah issue. That's all. Brad rarely, if ever, interacts w/these ppl. Plus, I remember when Sonny and Carly threw Lucas/Brad an engagement party. Sonny had on issues w/Brad in that episode.