Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

(edited)
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Sam to Dante: Are you further ahead than before you bullied her? (or something like that)

Me: Yes, now he has more information to look for Chloe. Stop sticking yourself into situations none of your concern.

TCM played "The Long Hot Summer" yesterday. DZ and especially KM need to sit down and watch as Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward give a master class in how to play antagonistic sexual attraction.

I still want to know why there is antagonistism between the two. Because Dante became a cop again?  He has handled her with kid gloves so far.  Allowed her to interrogate Spinelli, didn't do anything when she slashed his tires except ask her to pay the bill, and now today this garbage with Maxie where Dante was just doing his job and wasn't being aggressive but she took OFFENSE!  This is their big angst he's a cop and she doesn't like him doing things cops are trained to do?  Really, show? The writers really actually believe they are building up some steaming hot sexual tension between these two characters and they're not.

DZ and especially KM like you said are not doing well with this material and at times it's almost cringe worthy to watch them try it.   The writing and acting has not been good the last several weeks.

Don't even make me get into that contrived softball crap just so they could argue and "banter"  (I use that term lightly here).

Edited by Hater
  • Love 8
(edited)

Jordan pretty much sanctioned Curtis going into Portia's house even though there were actual police offers surrounding the place and Curtis is a civilian! WTF?! So while he is a moron, it is her fault and she should be in trouble for that!

Why isn't super PI Sam out finding Maxie's baby instead of bitch flirting with Dante? It's like she follows Dante around so she can pick fights over nothing. I feel so sorry for DZ. 

Wiley started babbling in the middle of his and Michael's scene. ...and sadly, CD cracking up a little was the most authentic emotion I've seen out of Michael in forever. 

Edited by TVbitch
  • Love 5

Sam? Since you don’t have a job and are never with your children, how about you take a “job” out of the country and get killed by a sniper hired by someone/anyone if Port Charles? We will need to see your dead body and watch it buried under 6 feet of real dirt. Of course, there will be no one there to cry about it but oh, well.

• Love 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, Hater said:

This is their big angst he's a cop and she doesn't like him doing things cops are trained to do?  Really, show?

It's all so idiotic!  "You used to have a heart, but now you're so caught up in being a cop, you forgot what that means!" (or something like that).  Seriously, do fuck off, Samantha.  Given you've spent decades sharing a bed with a killer who's number one bullet point on his CV is "unfeeling asshole," you're the last person to make that assessment.

Why did Willow bother buying a bed if she and Michael are only going to have their vanilla sex on the couch in the living room? 

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Love 15
(edited)

It's like the show wants us to think it's cute Sam is the 12 year old girl who picks on the boy she likes because she doesn't want to admit she likes him!  They're 40 years old, show.  

Edited by Hater
  • Love 10
9 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Why did Willow bother buying a bed if she and Michael are only going to have their vanilla sex on the couch in the living room? 

They're spicing up their sex life by doing it on the couch. Having sex in a bed is so very pedestrian. They read it in Crimson.

• LOL 14
  • Love 1

Only on a soap, after a night of "passion" (as if). would a woman put on her bra after it was taken off during "sexy" times.

So let me get this straight, Maxie has been kidnapped, drugged, running in the middle of the woods to escape a nutty nurse, giving birth in the middle in the woods, some more running, crying her eyes out and spending the night in the hospital.

Yet she wakes up in the hospital with full eye makeup and those ridiculous fake eyelashes perfectly in place.

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Only on a soap, after a night of "passion" (as if). would a woman put on her bra after it was taken off during "sexy" times.

So let me get this straight, Maxie has been kidnapped, drugged, running in the middle of the woods to escape a nutty nurse, giving birth in the middle in the woods, some more running, crying her eyes out and spending the night in the hospital.

Yet she wakes up in the hospital with full eye makeup and those ridiculous fake eyelashes perfectly in place.

Also her perfect green nails!

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

I think for the rest of the time Willow's on the show, anything related to a baby, whether happy or sad, will result in a Willow visit, shortly followed by a monologue about how triggering it is for her. Maybe it will stop when she has her own biological child...which I'm sure will be on the other side of a long angsty story about her trouble conceiving. Right now she's all about being Wiley's adoptive mother, but you know it's coming. Willow = child-related material. (She even came in as a schoolteacher.) 

Me, I wish they'd have her go crazy and kidnap all the young children of Port Charles, in an homage/ripoff to the "classic" story for Holly on Guiding Light.

Cue forthcoming storyline where Willow loses another baby.  I recommend playing it up to  parody levels of ridiculousness,  it this will happen unintentionally.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

I don't know.  He was getting more and more agitated especially when Kevin kept calling, and saying he was not going back to prison.  He had already said if he was going to die he'd take Laura with him.  Curtis going in was beyond stupid, but I could see Cyrus last screw coming apart and shooting Laura and himself.

Too bad Jaysus wasn’t there to dive through a window and make some fantastic trick shot to save the day!

/end Sarc

• LOL 1
51 minutes ago, Artsda said:

If that birth certificate is real, wouldn't they be the legal parents. 

Maxie didn't bother filling in anyone besides BLQ about her baby swap/keep Peter Spawn safe, so if BLQ finds herself backed into a corner a few months down the road by Valentin or something to do with the ELQ shares, what's to stop her from saying that Maxie gave her the baby willingly to keep? Maxie wouldn't be able to admit the truth without admitting to lying about the not-kidnapping.

3 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Jordan pretty much sanctioned Curtis going into Portia's house even though there were actual police offers surrounding the place and Curtis is a civilian! WTF?! So while he is a moron, it is her fault and she should be in trouble for that!

Why isn't super PI Sam out finding Maxie's baby instead of bitch flirting with Dante? It's like she follows Dante around so she can pick fights over nothing. I feel so sorry for DZ. 

Wiley started babbling in the middle of his and Michael's scene. ...and sadly, CD cracking up a little was the most authentic emotion I've seen out of Michael in forever. 

To be fair, PCPD officers are entirely useless unless they’re featured cast.  Like Curtis.

1 hour ago, nilyank said:

I can almost see the character doing that.

Also BLQ, who is signing off on the birth certificate. You can't just go to city hall and request a blank certificate in which you fill out the info about a new baby being born. Your pretend doula and the hotel staff at the 3 star hotel would have to sign off as witnesses that you actually gave birth to that baby as their was no doctor or midwife present and more importantly you were never seen by a doctor for the after birth exam.

• Love 1

I thought everyone knew about Michael & Willow except Chase. My bad. I didn’t know it was a secret. I told most of the cast at Soapfest. Someone really should have said it was a secret. Oh, well. LOL!!!!

5 hours ago, ciarra said:

Does Lenny seriously care about Mike's love life? 

Who keeps apples in the fridge, other than Carly Corinthos?

Maybe Moss has an issue sharing counter space with a fruit bowl?

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, Suicidy said:

To be fair, PCPD officers are entirely useless unless they’re featured cast.  Like Curtis.

Dante is only barely useful. Poor DZ. I wonder if he regrets returning or he's just going to go on for as long as he's wanted.

10 hours ago, ciarra said:

My mom. She puts out a few to eat, but if she buys a bag of apples, it goes in the fridge for longer-term storage.

9 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I thought everyone knew about Michael & Willow except Chase. My bad. I didn’t know it was a secret.

I doubt Port Charles at large cares one iota. Chase's family might be upset because of how it affects Chase, but I can't imagine anyone else will be. It just shows how stupidly low stakes Michael and Willow's relationship is. They're being assholes by not telling Chase, but that aside, that couple means nothing.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, ciarra said:

Um, I can’t remember the last time I ate an apple or a piece of fruit. I’m 56. Will I go to fruit hell for this?

• LOL 2
17 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Um, I can’t remember the last time I ate an apple or a piece of fruit. I’m 56. Will I go to fruit hell for this?

I think it all depends if you wanna spend eternity in my company since I don't eat fruit either. I recommend the fruit.

• LOL 1
(edited)

I like my apples room temperature, so mine are on the counter, next to the moss.

Odd behavior for Jax, helping himself.  Maybe he's channeling Franco?

Edited by ciarra
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Maxie didn't bother filling in anyone besides BLQ about her baby swap/keep Peter Spawn safe,

Britt and Bobbie both knew that Maxie was going to do something to keep the baby away from Peter.  She originally spoke with Britt, who was going to take the baby and bring her somewhere until Peter was caught, so she would vouch for Maxie.  Bobbie was also planning on helping deliver and hide the baby as well.  Neither of them know of Brook Lynn's involvement though.  

• Love 1

Michael to Jax "Since when does 'reasonable compromise' mean blackmail?"

Me: Have you met your mother? Or your stepfather?  Their middle names are 'blackmail and extortion'. Also, if you're thinking of people Wylie could be missing, shouldn't Lucas be at the top of that list? It doesn't seem bother you that you ripped Wylie from him and Wylie didn't see Lucas at all for months while you tried to stop him from waking up and crying.

Nice job, show, of making me hate Willow.

Finn: "His immune system is neutralizing the very thing that could save him." Huh? Are you just arguing that that toxin could save him? Or just stealing the idea of a cytokine storm from Covid-19?

Today was stories I have no interest in  except Finn's scenes with Liz and bad science (again why isn't anyone going to Obrecht), and Nik killing the hope for a good prison reform story. I did appreciate Aunt Stella giving Portia a smackdown.

It's way past time for Nina to tell 'Mike' that she knows who he is. There's just no excuse anymore.

• Love 4

Mike: "It's not in my nature to talk about my feelings." 
Nina: "How would you know?" 
[They both chuckle.]

I throw up.

Oh, Michael. Jax and Chase have never had any nonprofessional reason to talk to each other, but you just gave Jax one. I love how Jax couldn't care less about Michael and Willow except now it's blackmail material. Serves the stupid little shit right.

• Love 9

Oh, Jesus, Michael, fucking spare me the outrage over Jax leveraging your secret relationship with Willow to gain Nina access to Wiley. That's about THE lamest blackmail attempt Jax could hit Michael with, and Michael could negate the whole scenario by being honest with Chase. Or alternatively, he could actually act like the "shark" the show's always purported him to be and call Jax's bluff. Let's see if Jax could actually roll up to Chase's bedside, see him looking like absolute dog shit, and tell him his best friends are breaking his heart behind his back. Either option would be preferable to Michael throwing a fit and then immediately crumpling under Jax's pressure. Man up, my god.

It was absolutely hilarious that it was Michael's phone call that interrupted Nina and Mike's intimate moment. Finally, Michael's wet blanket status is to my benefit. I don't have much respect left for Nina and if she chooses Mike over Wiley, then she's really lost in my eyes. He's her only connection to her daughter and he should easily take precedence over a romance she knows is unbalanced and doomed to fail.

• Love 11
20 hours ago, TVbitch said:

DZ seems to be trying for the whole antagonistic flirting thing, but KM is just not up to it.  She’s just being a straight up bitch.

I can see why Dante would be a bit suspicious, I mean if Maxie’s baby was indeed kidnapped you’d think she would want to go over every detail to give everyone a better chance of finding little Louise.  

• Love 3

Chilled fruit rocks! Even bananas, but those have to be eaten quickly as they turn black more quickly in the fridge. Moss probably has a rider in its contract with the show to ensure it’s the only living thing on the countertop.

• LOL 7
  • Love 3

Good lord, Finn is a whiner. Elizabeth was right, Peter was going to hold the antidote over Chase's head forever. That's how blackmail works! That said, I loved Elizabeth and Finn working together.

Wow, Michael sneeringly saying that Wiley's met Nina only twice was really gross. Whose fault is that? Not Nina's. 

7 minutes ago, Linny said:

Michael could negate the whole scenario by being honest with Chase.

I don't know what they're waiting for. The longer Michael and Willow say nothing, the slimier they are. At the moment Chase feels pretty good, so I'm pretty sure he won't be rendered unconscious by the news. FFS. Though it'd be nice if Chase bought a clue. Willow and Michael have been pretty squirrely with him and he doesn't see it.

LOL at Stella's "I know better than to interfere in someone's relationship" and then she does just that.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Interesting introduction of mRNA by Finn for Chase’s antidote. It’s like the writers knew at least some of the audience would understand...

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

I know I'm supposed to be mad at Jax, but I've lost even more respect for Michael (and if I'm honest, I never had any respect for Michael). 

I cannot believe Jax blackmailed Michael w/the lamest information know to man! LOL! What a complete and utter joke! Michael is a pathetic, sad, poor excuse of a man.  A real man would have called Jax's bluff and told him he could tell Chase whatever he wanted and then showed Jax the door. Chase eventually has to be told the truth anyway so no time like the present, but loser Michael caved! And I couldn't be more sick of Willow's games. Even Chase noticed she wasn't being fully honest, but instead of just telling him the truth, she stutters and stammers until Finn shows up. 

Who is this story for? It's not for the Chase fans. It's not for the Millow fans. It's not for the Chillow fans. Why is this dumb, boring story being dragged out? Why can it not end?!?! Even though it sounds like Finn has found a cure, I have no hope that this lame "triangle" is ending anytime soon. This story is beyond awful and needs to end! 

• Love 4

Michael should be kicked in the face. Willow too. We can't tell because Chase will surely die. Die, both of you, just die!

Sonny has no memory but old habits die hard. I wonder if he'll scream and shout at Nina and fling barware at her head whenever she tells him the truth or whenever he regains his memory.

STFU, Michael and Willow.

I really don't care for Portia and Curtis as a couple or even as friends. It always felt like Portia was just biding her time with Curtis. I'm fine with Aunt Stella telling her what's up. At the same time, it's bound to blow up in her face.

Finn figured it out. Finally. Are we going to be out of this story arc hell?

I love Ava and Trina's relationship. It's always been sweet and caring.

Also, STFU Michael and Willow. And die.

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, YaddaYadda said:

Finn figured it out. Finally. Are we going to be out of this story arc hell?

Hallelujah! The whole thing was so utterly stupid. My memory is fuzzy, but someone upthread mentioned that Jerry had poisoned Nik with the same toxin--Well, Nik is still among the living, hale and hearty. How'd he survive? I know, I know, new regime didn't and doesn't give a fuck, so we don't see Nik having to take treatments. Unless it was a miracle cure?

The point of my rambling is, why didn't anyone ask Nik? Oh, right. The "writers" don't know and don't give a fuck, and think long time viewers have corn for brains.

• Love 4

The Jax/Michael thing is so dumb. As is everything about Nixon Falls. I'm all for Jax pointing out Nina isn't running a criminal enterprise (but then again Jax married The Beast and made a Jr. Beast with her) but what kind of high school blackmail was that? It doesn't even make sense. all telling Chase would do would hurt Chase and allow Michael and Willow to spend more time with each other if she isn't going around chase. 

Sean/Alexis. If they really want to get into how the justice system works (which they don't) they'd work in that women on average get lesser sentences and more likely to get lower than the recommended than men for the same crimes, regardless of race. But, whatever. I don't care about this story because I don't believe they give a shit about race, this is a way for them to excuse the mob and it's associates yet again. Sean's life choices didn't get him where he is, he's a victim.  

Finn and Liz covering up what happened to Peter is dumb but I'm liking how ME/BH are playing off each other.

Ava's concern for Trina is always nice. Ava needs to find out she needs to teach Trina how to behave when around criminals if she's ever taken hostage again.

• Love 8
51 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I love Ava and Trina's relationship. It's always been sweet and caring.

only good part of today's show!

The writer's probably think they are smart using words like "mRNA" and variant 😝

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Hallelujah! The whole thing was so utterly stupid. My memory is fuzzy, but someone upthread mentioned that Jerry had poisoned Nik with the same toxin...

The point of my rambling is, why didn't anyone ask Nik? Oh, right. The "writers" don't know and don't give a fuck, and think long time viewers have corn for brains.

No it's the one Faison gave Tiffany, hence the need to go through the papers that Sean had.   Peter had it modified.  But it's ridiculous that no one asked Obrecht who was probably involved in creating the original toxin in the first place and has no love for Peter.

1 hour ago, DanaK said:

Interesting introduction of mRNA by Finn for Chase’s antidote. It’s like the writers knew at least some of the audience would understand...

I don't. Peter gave Chase a toxin, not a virus, so that there is no point in creating an mRNA package for it because it wouldn't be reproducible. And a variant would not apply because again, not a virus.

It feels like they read someone talking about the two mRNA Covid vaccines and thought that they would steal the idea.

At least they googled the DNA building blocks A, C, G and T. (adenine, cytosine. guanine and thymine) correctly although how they would come into a toxin cure I haven't the faintest idea.

I'll handwave it though if this stupid plot finally comes to an end.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 4
(edited)

Finn's "Beautiful Mind" board is hilarious. 

People the show seems to be begging me to hate today: Willow, Nina, Jax, Stella, Nik, Michael, Curtis, Portia. 

Edited by TVbitch
3 hours ago, lala2 said:

I cannot believe Jax blackmailed Michael w/the lamest information know to man!

It's really a bummer what Jax has been reduced to.  And oh man, the ear-shattering rant he'll be subjected to when Mikey inevitably runs to mommy to solve his problems, ugh.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't care what the writers use if it gets Chase his antidote.

RIGHT? Just fix dude so we can get on with Willow and Michael.  They really should do something with Chase though because his character is just good for looking pathetic and weak as hell at this point. Maybe make him go psycho over loss instead of having that always be a female character.  Well you folks tell me, Did we have that already with Peter? He was kind of always mentally ill, yah? 

3 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Michael should be kicked in the face. Willow too. We can't tell because Chase will surely die. Die, both of you, just die!

They've got a pretty high opinion of themselves.  Michael is such a whiny asshole--I'm sure he'll be running to Mommy soon to tell her what Mean Old Jax did to him.  Suck it, you loser. 

I don't care about Sean--why does the show think anyone does?  He was never more than a Sonny foot soldier and I'm supposed to feel bad he's in prison?  Nope.  Only wish Jason was in there with him.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, lala2 said:

I know I'm supposed to be mad at Jax, but I've lost even more respect for Michael (and if I'm honest, I never had any respect for Michael). 

I cannot believe Jax blackmailed Michael w/the lamest information know to man! LOL! What a complete and utter joke! Michael is a pathetic, sad, poor excuse of a man.  A real man would have called Jax's bluff and told him he could tell Chase whatever he wanted and then showed Jax the door. Chase eventually has to be told the truth anyway so no time like the present, but loser Michael caved! And I couldn't be more sick of Willow's games. Even Chase noticed she wasn't being fully honest, but instead of just telling him the truth, she stutters and stammers until Finn shows up. 

Who is this story for? It's not for the Chase fans. It's not for the Millow fans. It's not for the Chillow fans. Why is this dumb, boring story being dragged out? Why can it not end?!?! Even though it sounds like Finn has found a cure, I have no hope that this lame "triangle" is ending anytime soon. This story is beyond awful and needs to end! 

Preach.

• Love 1
(edited)
19 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I don't care about Sean--why does the show think anyone does?  He was never more than a Sonny foot soldier and I'm supposed to feel bad he's in prison?  Nope.  Only wish Jason was in there with him.

So I really don't know how things work in the prison system. I'm ashamed to say that my education on that comes mainly from Orange is the New Black, but shouldn't his parole / parole hearing just be denied anyway because he shived Jason in the gut? He attacked a fellow inmate as a favor to his former boss's widow who has taken over the business. That's not what I call good behavior.

Michael and Willow are two self-righteous c****. Willow was doing fine as a character until they stuck her ass with Michael. 

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 11

So Nik paid someone off to get Shawn's parole denied? I wonder what will happen when Alexis realizes what her nephew had done (trying to kill Hayden) and continues to do to hide his crime.

Someone please end this stupid amnesia story. Pretty please with sugar on top.

• Love 2

So a couple of thoughts: 

sean: your skin color didn’t set you up for this life. You did that when you decided to get in bed with Sonny Corinthos. You could have been/done anything you wanted. You ran Kelly’s. You were setting a good example for TJ. Then you just couldn’t pass up the opportunity to try and kill someone. I’m not dismissing the injustices but he is not an innocent man.

stella, I love you but as you said, Curtis is an adult. If he wants to bang Portia, that’s his business. Seems to me you detested Jordan for many years before finally deciding she was actually worthy of him. Maybe just let him make his own mistakes and stay out of it? He’s not going to be happy with you when he finds out what you did.

Willow, FFS just tell Chase the truth. You’re going to have to do it sometime, so grow a pair and do it now.

speaking of growing a pair, Michael, no one cares if you and Willow are together but if you’re so afraid of Chase finding out from Jax, just tell him yourself. Snd don’t get all pissy when Jax rightly points out that your mother is becoming more entrenched in the mob business. 

Nina and Smike. 😴😴😴😴😴

Question: what was with the photo of Nik and Ava? Judging from the ominous music and the preview, I guess it’s supposed to be bad. But I can’t figure out what it signifies?

• Love 7

(Commentary mode activated!)

Reading all this is like being on another planet since I have not watched in forever and recognize barely anyone by name (except for Maxie, Dante, Sam, Jax/Michael, Sean and Alexis and meh! to all of it!), but it all sounds so very bad.

I commend anyone still brave or masochistic enough to endure it.

(Commentary mode off!)

• Love 2