Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Ambrosefolly said:

She did kill his cousin Kate Howard.

Oh shit I totally forgot about that!  Yes, this and all the other reasons do make sense. I knew it had to be something because it was out of character for him to act so unprofessionally. But with this show, you really never know if they are following history or just rewriting it. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I just accept that anyone from the Corinthos clan can be mad at anyone else for whatever reason but tbey will alwaysexonerate each other. Dante will be mad at Nik and Ava but not at Spinelli who was part of the warehouse shootout and got himself kidnapped. And certainly not at Carly who ordered it all.

I'm sure Carly's fanbase cheered her confrontation with Cyrus while I was just appalled that she's ordering the PCPD around as the mob queen.

Every time someone starts monologuing to Wylie (those poor twins) whether it's Willow, Michael or now Nina, I keep expecting them to break into song

"Once I had a secret love, that lived within the heart of me..."

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

Does Dante have any reason to hate Ava though?  I thought he was pretty fucking rude to her when he came to investigate the possible Ryan stalker thing (although it’s actually Spencer, obvi). Or is he just pissed at Nikolas on Lulu’s behalf?  I thought he was uncharacteristically insensitive in those scenes. 

Switching Morgan's bipolar medication. The Corinthii will always remember that when they see Ava unless Morgan turns up alive some day.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, nilyank said:

unless Morgan turns up alive some day.

Which he will, since they have been mentioning for weeks now.

Morgan and Sonny both have amnesia cause they don't want to go back to the compound and the She-Beast.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I just accept that anyone from the Corinthos clan can be mad at anyone else for whatever reason but tbey will alwaysexonerate each other. 

I know you meant this about Dante, but it applies equally to Michael, who will be madder, longer at Jax for blackmail than he was at Sonny for killing his bio-dad. 

But the real reason Michael is angry is because he had to be coerced into doing the right thing. 

He needs to convince himself he's a good person. He and Willow both admitted they had planned to let Nina back into Wiley's life. But he was probably  waiting until the whole "behind Chase's back" thing was resolved so he could magnanimously allow Nina access to her grandchild. That way he and Willow could assuage their guilt over hurting Chase by telling themselves how wonderful they are about providing Nina access to the golden child. 

He's definitely Carly's kid, who doled out access to baby Michael only to those deemed worthy. 

• Love 10
22 minutes ago, sunnyface said:

Didn't Ava try to kill Franco and shot his mother instead?

I remember her being shot and pretty much the first words out of her mouth were that it wasn’t sonny's fault ... was it Ava that shot her??  

Well obviously there are a lot of reasons for Dante to hate Ava. I guess sometimes I forget about his Sonny connection. I can give him a tiny bit of credit because he isn’t a full blown Sonny apologist...more like he just tolerates him. 

• Love 1
18 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

It's a classic, but that doesn't mean this "Woman guiltily accepts proposal from dying man while longing for someone else" story with Willow/Chase/Michael isn't terrible.  Maybe if Willow and Michael were a rootable couple, but they ain't.

It's a classic soap plot, but the execution is the problem, plus how it involves these dull, vanilla characters (even Chase, the only one for whom I have even a shred sympathy, is pretty boring, tbh). Willow should have disavowed Michael and camped out at Chase's bedside. She should be angry with Michael and herself, telling him that what they had wasn't real. She should be terrified that Chase might die, and determined to do what she believes is the right thing. She and Michael should be sharing no more than longing looks. Michael, since he is such a "good guy" and Chase's "friend," should be guilt-ridden over his betrayal. Maybe he could stop by Sonny's Self-Pity Spot the hospital chapel and beg god not to let his friend die if he promises to stay away from Willow. Maybe he tries to help with a cure - doesn't ELQ manufacture pharmaceuticals? Throwing money at science is no guarantee of results, but he could offer Finn use of a state-of-the-art lab, lab assistants, something.

I thought of all this as I was typing it out and none of it is exactly fresh or creative, but at least it wouldn't make what I assume is the lead root-for late 20s-early-30s couple on this alleged soap opera into completely passive toolsheds, and suggest that the writers aren't just going through the motions.

• Love 10

Man, this show just loves to push Carly in snarl mode without any stop to it, ever. 

The thing about someone like Carly, who constantly and self righteously confront people, is that sooner or later in RL they run into someone who can put them on their ass, hard.   But that will never happen in PC because Carly is protected as the bravest and strongest and the truest of heart.  

• Love 3

It's a dream  come true for the SheBeast. She's waited over 20 years to be able to go around town as the "Mob" Queen and she's taking every chance and opportunity to do so.

Going back to 1998, when she thought/assumed she was Jason's "woman" and ordered the hit on whatever rival was there, and Brenda ended up getting shot instead.

Jason ripped her a new one. Somewhere down the line, he lost his balls to do that. Some time after he yelled at her over Jake. Man that was glorious.

Mooby/Bernard had taken a "vacation" from the show, but would return later that year.

And these writers continue to suck HARD. I know it's all plot! because when Jason was in jail, she told him she'd used up all of Mooby's favors for her "brilliant plaaaaan" to have Shawn shiv him. Yet this week, she still has favors she can call in to swan around town and tell cops what to do and was able to find Cyrus' mother too? Give me a FUCKING BREAK.

Jax also has lost his balls. Why couldn't he just tell her it was none of her business what he and WSLS discussed? Ingo was just sooo bad with his hemming and hawing. What exactly was he going for there?

Since Bailey has the same exact expression, and doesn't make a sound, I'm beginning to believe she's a fake doll that looks human like another poster mentioned pages back! The only time a real baby played her was when Maxie gave birth, I think.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, Artsda said:

Willow is so stupid. She had an out, she could have even said let's wait until you're better.

With Finn's cure a failure, I think everyone is pretty pessimistic at this point. No one is sure Chase will get better. Willow's out should have been the truth: "I'm in love with someone who's nowhere near as good as you are, but that's love for you. How about we stay friends?"

It's beyond ridiculous they're dragging this crap out. It's not even a real triangle: Willow isn't torn between two lovers (and feeling like a fool). It's just two garbage people who don't have the guts to tell the truth.

1 hour ago, JNavarro said:

The thing about someone like Carly, who constantly and self righteously confront people, is that sooner or later in RL they run into someone who can put them on their ass, hard.   But that will never happen in PC because Carly is protected as the bravest and strongest and the truest of heart. 

When Carly does get pushback, too often she ultimately prevails, so the pushback was pointless in the first place. And she never changes no matter what.

I actually don't mind Carly becoming the Mob Queen of Port Charles. I think it's a natural progression. The writing, as always, totally botches the story. She barely had to fight for her place at the table and get the backing of the Five Families. And with Cyrus incapacitated, there isn't anyone to challenge her right now. So there's no drama. Jason is mad at her? BFD. He'll get over it. He always does. There won't be any struggle between the two of them for the bidness, which is what should be happening.

This fakakta show. It has some really good, soapy situations but refuses to properly write for them. Or write for them at all.

• Love 7
(edited)
13 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I just accept that anyone from the Corinthos clan can be mad at anyone else for whatever reason but tbey will alwaysexonerate each other. Dante will be mad at Nik and Ava but not at Spinelli who was part of the warehouse shootout and got himself kidnapped. And certainly not at Carly who ordered it all.

Oh, I thought DZ played that scene as Dante being angry and disgusted with all of them especially Carly, but she didn't have a gun in her hand whereas Jason did.  Carly is the mother  of two of his (living) siblings yet chooses to step further into Mob life after his father is presumed dead. Nikolas is his former brother-in-law and his son Rocco's uncle, and Ava is both Nik's wife and the mother of one of Dante's sisters. So, Dante has some investment in all three of these people who are engaging in dangerous, stupid behavior. Spinelli is not his family. The only fall out for Dante if Spinelli gets killed is that he would feel a need to be there to comfort Maxie if her eldest child's father died. 

3 hours ago, sunnyface said:

Didn't Ava try to kill Franco and shot his mother instead?

Ava once had an affair with Franco, he believed he was Kiki's father, and he and Kiki were close after the "Silas is her father" reveal, until Ryan murdered her.  Ava would not try to kill Franco. 

2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Since Bailey has the same exact expression, and doesn't make a sound, I'm beginning to believe she's a fake doll that looks human like another poster mentioned pages back! The only time a real baby played her was when Maxie gave birth, I think.

She had her eyes open and blinked in the 6/7 episode, when Olivia and Valentin were handling her. I also saw her open her mouth a bit and kind of yawn in Friday's episode.

I read spoilers too; Louise/Bailey is played by babies Harper and Scarlett Bloom starting June 3 (when BL was in the hotel room and called Michael).  She was played by another set of twins (bigger babies, I assume?) for the two days of Louise is born, crazy nurse chases Maxie, and Maxie gives baby to BL scenes. 

ETA: It's kinda cool IMO that one of the Louise/Bailey twins has the same name as KSt's (Maxie)'s real-life daughter with Brandon Barash (ex=Johnny Z).

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I read spoilers too; Louise/Bailey is played by babies Harper and Scarlett Bloom starting June 3 (when BL was in the hotel room and called Michael).  She was played by another set of twins (bigger babies, I assume?) for the two days of Louise is born, crazy nurse chases Maxie, and Maxie gives baby to BL scenes. 

Good to know! I'd read how they can make the dolls look so human-like--like blinking and yawning. And I also that that, because until you explained above, the babies we've been seeing now look more like newborns than the bebes in the woods that Maxie was holding!

But nothing will be worse than the fake baby they gave Robin when she returned home from the hospital!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

When Carly does get pushback, too often she ultimately prevails, so the pushback was pointless in the first place. And she never changes no matter what.

I actually don't mind Carly becoming the Mob Queen of Port Charles. I think it's a natural progression. The writing, as always, totally botches the story. She barely had to fight for her place at the table and get the backing of the Five Families. And with Cyrus incapacitated, there isn't anyone to challenge her right now. So there's no drama. Jason is mad at her? BFD. He'll get over it. He always does. There won't be any struggle between the two of them for the bidness, which is what should be happening.

I would never like her and would still think she's a disgusting person unless shown otherwise, but she'd be watcheable (probably) outside of being a Corinthos.  IMO it's that Carly/Sonny/Jason/Michael are a single protagonist unit that's the real problem.  

19 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

nothing will be worse than the fake baby they gave Robin when she returned home from the hospital!

Clearly you don’t watch Bull. They had a fake baby that was seriously frightening!

3 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Ava once had an affair with Franco, he believed he was Kiki's father, and he and Kiki were close after the "Silas is her father" reveal, until Ryan murdered her.  Ava would not try to kill Franco. 

That's right - Ava and Franco were cordial to one another.  Do you remember who she was trying to kill?  TIA.

The mafia isn't known for listening to the widows, Carly should be having a ton of trouble being taken seriously.

Will the show bother to have Carly not want to give control back to Sonny? We're not getting Sonny in town shunning his family, we're not getting Carly romantically involved with anyone in Sonny's absence, I want to think there will be some fallout for Sonny never bothering to look up whether he had a family and it won't just be blame Nina entirely, Sonny remembers, and things go back to normal. But this show is so lazy things may actually go back to 'normal'. 

• Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Mooby? And Olivia was shot instead?

No, according to GH Wiki: "Ava tries to blackmail Franco into leaving Kiki alone by revealing that she knows Franco was the one who poisoned the ELQ relish. It's revealed that Ava was the one who shot Olivia Falconeri in a botched attempt to kill Franco."

I do remember it was on the Metro Court balcony and Carly had hired Sean to kill Franco, but of course HE MISSED and he thought he had shot Olivia. 

ETA: That was when Olivia was having her visions from the LSD overdose and she saw Sonny covered in blood and ran out to the balcony to protect him and not only ended up shot for her trouble, but soon after is when she and Sonny started up again, so really, the big loser here was Olivia.

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

I thought Maxi telling Georgie that she left Georgie's baby sister with a sad friend to cheer her up and didn't really know when she'd be coming home was a pretty creepy thing to tell a child.

But not as creepy as Nina telling Wiley that the grandpa (who I'm sure they told him was in heaven) was really alive and would be there if Grandma Carly wasn't so mean. 

And dear god, even Valentin is lamenting to Bailey that his ex-lover has clearly moved on, but it's okay, cuz he now has designs on someone else. 

These people really need to buy a copy of "Appropriate Topics for Toddlers and Babies"! 

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

And dear god, even Valentin is lamenting to Bailey that his ex-lover has clearly moved on, but it's okay, cuz he now has designs on someone else. 

These people really need to buy a copy of "Appropriate Topics for Toddlers and Babies"! 

At least Bailey doesn't understand.

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

I thought Valentin meant Bailey’s arrival would fill that hole? That he has someone new he can shower with love even if it’s not the romantic kind?

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, Katy M said:
27 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

At least Bailey doesn't understand.

Thing is, with Nina babbling inappropriately to Wiley (who we know can understand at least part of what's being said) proved the SLS right - she's clearly unhinged and shouldn't be left around children unsupervised. How long will it be before little Wiley blurts out "Grandpa is alive?"

• Love 2

I don't understand Nina at all. She knows who Sonny is - not just his name but his character. He's an unrepentant thug who will destroy her like he does everything else once he's back in PC. His only redeeming quality that I belatedly see is his ability to suppress the worst of Carly. Not all but some...

Anyway, Mike is a mirage and a fantasy. She could have either Jax or Valentin back but she wants Mike? I would be grossed out except it's so stupid my brain rejects it out of hand. 

The Anna and Liesl thing was ridiculous but I  noticed the old phone and (I'm assuming) the IBM Selectric escaped destruction.  (I rewound the scenes several times and did not see the typewriter carcass on the floor. Those things were tanks.)

• Love 9

I didn't watch but even reading that Anna was acting chummy with her daughter's kidnapper/torturer, and I get all ragey. And then remind myself how glad I am that I didn't witness such atrocity.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, tessaray said:

I don't understand Nina at all. She knows who Sonny is - not just his name but his character. He's an unrepentant thug who will destroy her like he does everything else once he's back in PC.

Ugh, I know. I get she doesn't know she's in a soap opera (heh), but even so, there is still the chance something will trigger a memory for Mike and all of his memories will come back. And I continue to maintain that MB is not doing a good job of giving Mike any real character differences from Sonny. A lot of that is the writing—the show refuses to make anyone MB plays be wrong—but MB hasn't done anything. If they never mentioned his name was Mike and he had amnesia, the only thing I'd wonder is why Sonny was in an empty bar wearing flannel shirt and jeans instead of one of his nice suits. 

• Love 7
11 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

I didn't watch but even reading that Anna was acting chummy with her daughter's kidnapper/torturer, and I get all ragey. And then remind myself how glad I am that I didn't witness such atrocity.

I think we're supposed to give Olbrecht a pass because she must have been Faison's dupe/victim, not his gleeful accomplice? (At least from some of the writing.) And Anna has done some shady crap too. But most of the time Anna barely tolerates her, from the way FH plays it. 

I love KG the actress but Leisel - ugh. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Ugh, I know. I get she doesn't know she's in a soap opera (heh), but even so, there is still the chance something will trigger a memory for Mike and all of his memories will come back. And I continue to maintain that MB is not doing a good job of giving Mike any real character differences from Sonny. A lot of that is the writing—the show refuses to make anyone MB plays be wrong—but MB hasn't done anything. If they never mentioned his name was Mike and he had amnesia, the only thing I'd wonder is why Sonny was in an empty bar wearing flannel shirt and jeans instead of one of his nice suits. 

Ironically, MB thinks he's doing a heck of a job differentiating Mike from Sonny. https://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/maurice-benard-on-his-amnesia-storyline/ I, however am  among those who don't see much of a difference. 

I'm having difficulties with the story line personally because I think (to quote Joey Tribbiani) that Nina has gone so far over the line of what any rational person would do that it's just a dot to her. 

Edited by rur
  • Love 5
(edited)
On 6/11/2021 at 3:48 PM, TeeVee329 said:

Previews...of course Carly's not going to step aside, Michael, she fuckin' looooooves being queen of the mob.

Maybe when NotMike returns and tries to take back his "bizness," he and Carly will go all Prizzi's Honor on each other. That could be fun.  🙄

Or maybe War of the Roses. That might be better; both spouses die in that one.

Edited by amaranta
  • Love 8
19 hours ago, Winston Wolfe said:

Thing is, with Nina babbling inappropriately to Wiley (who we know can understand at least part of what's being said) proved the SLS right - she's clearly unhinged and shouldn't be left around children unsupervised. How long will it be before little Wiley blurts out "Grandpa is alive?"

I really really don't like Sonny or Carly. When he comes back Carly is going to be pissed and she has a right to be.

Nina either forgot or don't care that Sonny's children who love him believe that he is dead. Avery is innocent in all of this but all Nina can think about is herself. 

Personally I believe that she is better off in all of this but little girls who love their dad don't see what a crap person he is.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

I didn't watch but even reading that Anna was acting chummy with her daughter's kidnapper/torturer,

Anna is chummy with Sonny (didn't he shoot Robin?) and Jason, and chooses to work with (i.e. bend a knee to) Carly who always did her best to hurt Robin and still hates her. There's little loyalty to her daughter there At least Obrecht has expressed remorse and is trying to do the right thing.

Nina is a fool and I don't understand how she's got three wealthy men  panting for her, but I hate anyone monologuing to Wylie whether it's Willow, Michael of her. I understand the writer's intention to use it as a recap to those of the audience who may have missed something but Wylie is 3 now and a person. If you're so hot to spend time with him, pay attention and play with him.

• Love 8
49 minutes ago, xfuse said:

I really really don't like Sonny or Carly. When he comes back Carly is going to be pissed and she has a right to be.

I would think Michael would be a bit upset, as well.  Nina wants to stick it to Carly, but she doesn't see the collateral damage.  Does she think Michael won't ban her from seeing Wiley?

24 minutes ago, ciarra said:

I would think Michael would be a bit upset, as well.  Nina wants to stick it to Carly, but she doesn't see the collateral damage.  Does she think Michael won't ban her from seeing Wiley?

Nothing about Nina in Nixon Falls makes sense.  I just hope she gets Mike on audio saying that he doesn't care about his past life.   

• Love 8
11 minutes ago, tessaray said:

I just hope she gets Mike on audio saying that he doesn't care about his past life. 

She'll still be treated as OMG TEH EVUL!1!, but it would be satisfying to see how Carly reacts.

• Love 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Anna is chummy with Sonny (didn't he shoot Robin?) and Jason, and chooses to work with (i.e. bend a knee to) Carly who always did her best to hurt Robin and still hates her. There's little loyalty to her daughter there At least Obrecht has expressed remorse and is trying to do the right thing.

Yeah. Soaps gonna soap. A character might be brought on for a certain purpose, but the actor shows some flair and catches on with the audience and the character gets developed in unexpected ways. Obrecht was originally an icy Teutonic henchwoman who probably was earmarked for short-term duty, but Gati showed a gift for humor, and then the character's family connections proved to be worth pursuing. So they never killed her off or made her pay for her crimes in ways we'd be calling for in real life. Now she's "gray," and that includes better relationships with characters she's wronged than may make the strictest sense.  

That doesn't mean everyone has to get on board. A viewer can still choose to hate them. I remember that when Skye was a sympathetic character on General Hospital, there were people on the old AOL boards not here for it at all. They still held against her her hate speech and setting fire to the house of a woman with HIV to run her out of town, which was a story from about 13-14 years earlier on AMC.

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 4
(edited)
51 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

I remember that when Skye was a sympathetic character on General Hospital, there were people on the old AOL boards not here for it at all. They still held against her her hate speech and setting fire to the house of a woman with HIV to run her out of town, which was a story from about 13-14 years earlier on AMC.

Even with that I remember the thinly-veiled contempt that Lucky had for Skye when she briefly dated Luke. It seemed to come from nowhere (other than the fact that Lucky could be one judgmental SOB) and I don't recall the animus ever really being explained.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
(edited)

Eh, I actually do think that MB is doing a decent job differentiating Mike from Sonny. Mike comes across as a good guy. A genuinely good guy. He's sweet, he's caring. He's always smiling, and, no, I don't think it's in a creepy way. He wants to help those around him. He doesn't have random angry fits, doesn't rage and snarl. He doesn't insult people, throw barware. He isn't nasty for the sake of being nasty. He doesn't have a hard edge with an underlying menace.

Sonny does. Sonny is mean, he is hard and while many of us here may not buy when he pulls the menacing card, that is still what we're supposed to be seeing. Sonny isn't calming and gentle. Mike is.

So, yeah... I do think that Mike is different from Sonny. I don't think that Carly would be attracted to him one bit.

Edited by driver18
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 6/12/2021 at 8:22 PM, Winston Wolfe said:

That WSLS isn't any better. He was telling Wiley his romantic woes too. Plus, while Nina is being stupid, the only reason WSLS doesn't want Nina anywhere near her grandson is not whether or not it will be good/"traumatic" for Wiley, but he doesn't want her saying anything that will make Willow cry or upset. NOT Wiley. But WILLOW. He said it outright "I won't have Willow hurt" 

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

That WSLS isn't any better. He was telling Wiley is romantic woes too. Plus, while Nina is being stupid, the only reason WSLS doesn't want Nina anywhere near her grandson is not whether or not it will be good/"traumatic" for Wiley, but he doesn't want her saying anything that will make Willow cry or upset. NOT Wiley. But WILLOW. He said it outright "I won't have Willow hurt" 

God help them when that stupid baby is a teenager. 

• Love 1

I don't get why Michael left Nina alone with Wiley to begin with. Was his "Are you happy now, Jax?!?" phone call that critical that he had to step away from a woman he doesn't trust, interacting with his small child?

Also, my daughter is the same age as Wiley, so I always get a kick out of the "Wiley repeats something Nina told him" plot points they keep throwing out there. My daughter incoherently rambles about things that happened months ago. Wiley's real dialogue would be something along "Santa and Grandpa Sonny are going to bring us cupcakes to have with the cicadas." 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, absnow54 said:

Wiley's real dialogue would be something along "Santa and Grandpa Sonny are going to bring us cupcakes to have with the cicadas." 

Now I need this to happen.  Five minutes before Sonny comes back from the dead.  With cupcakes.  At Christmastime. Darn, it's NY.  There will be no cicadas at Christmas.

More like God help us viewers.

that too. 

like honestly. i don't care about this kid at all. I honestly think it would have been better had he remained with Brad/Lukas because then he'd be safe from the Corinthii brainwashing. but i mean We already know how this kid is going to turn out: Micheal, Morgan, Joss .... all spoiled, Me me me me attitude, selfish self-righteous, mob kissing fools. 

Nothing (especially now that they want to Torpedo Willow who is happily willing to become a mob moll shill like everyone else in their orbit) is going indicating to me that this kid won't grow up to be the  exact same thing. 

I know we're all anticipating a tock - but it would actually behoove the show to have it be Wiley. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Wow, Stella is giving Carly a run for her money in meddling and trying to boss her family around.  She talks like TJ is a h.s. student who is jeopardizing his chances of getting into college by going to see Shawn at Pentonville, and like Jordan and Curtis are early 20-somethings who argued over some household chores and then decided to divorce.  Soooo, Jordan has some awareness that Curtis and Portia have feelings for each other. I guess all her skills of observation are focused on Aunt Stella and her soon-to-be ex.

Carly to Michael: "I  trust your judgement."   Since when?!?!? You radiated hostility from the second you barged into Willow's home without knocking, gave Nina an "intruder" look, and "asked" (announced to Nina and Michael), just like in Nina's office) that it's "past Wiley's bedtime." I rolled my eyes at Carly's suggestion that Willow should go along if Nina gets to take Wiley out anywhere.  

Some strong scenes today: Maxie getting comfort from Bobbie on the couch while letting her emotional pain show, Alexis and Molly bonding at Pentonville, and Chase with Finn and then  BL, Elizabeth comforting Finn as he cries. Finn holding Elizabeth's face. It all got me in the feels. 

"Michael's always been more open-minded than his mother." Jax, you make me laugh. Also funny (ok, hypocritical) is Carly trying not to answer Michael as he's pressuring her regarding her status with da bizness, and looking away as he brings up baby Donna. "I'm going to be there...." sounds like Carly promising to mentor her children in her free time when she's not running da biz, LOL. It makes me think of Sam having to be reminded that she's a parent, and the time she greeted her son like he's her favorite waiter at a restaurant.

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 4

"Molly and I are going to visit our parents in prison."  That's how you know that it's a soap opera.

Don't you have to show remorse for your actions to get parole? Shaun is saying that he's innocent (therefore no remorse) and he shivved Jason a month ago. Why would anyone think that he's going to get parole?

Carly continues to be a bitch interrupting Nina's time with Wiley and blaming Nina for Jax pressuring Michael.  As well as running the Metro Court, parenting her children including her toddler and stepping into her role as Mob Queen, Carly is never too busy to attack someone who didn't make decision according to her rules.

"It will give me time to run home and tell Wylie about the wedding."  Wylie ... Michael... Willow confuses that 3 year olds in her life.

19 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

"Michael's always been more open-minded than his mother." Jax, you make me laugh.

Hard to be less. At least Michael remembered the existence of Donna and Avery. (Avery will be much safer living with Ava and Nik than a house that has to be guarded because the mob boss lives there.)

• Love 6
41 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Wow, Stella is giving Carly a run for her money in meddling and trying to boss her family around.  She talks like TJ is a h.s. student who is jeopardizing his chances of getting into college by going to see Shawn at Pentonville, and like Jordan and Curtis are early 20-somethings who argued over some household chores and then decided to divorce.  Soooo, Jordan has some awareness that Curtis and Portia have feelings for each other. I guess all her skills of observation are focused on Aunt Stella and her soon-to-be ex.

Carly to Michael: "I  trust your judgement."   Since when?!?!? You radiated hostility from the second you barged into Willow's home without knocking, gave Nina an "intruder" look, and "asked" (announced to Nina and Michael), just like in Nina's office) that it's "past Wiley's bedtime." I rolled my eyes at Carly's suggestion that Willow should go along if Nina gets to take Wiley out anywhere.  

<snip>

"Michael's always been more open-minded than his mother." Jax, you make me laugh. Also funny (ok, hypocritical) is Carly trying not to answer Michael as he's pressuring her regarding her status with da bizness, and looking away as he brings up baby Donna. "I'm going to be there...." sounds like Carly promising to mentor her children in her free time when she's not running da biz, LOL. It makes me think of Sam having to be reminded that she's a parent, and the time she greeted her son like he's her favorite waiter at a restaurant.

giphy.gif

giphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

• LOL 4