Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

Amanda sounds way too rehearsed, but I’m loving her look and girl can def dance.

VK looks better than I expected but I’m sure she’s getting an amazing edit this year.

maddie already looks soft bellied again and Amy is so vanilla. Hate them both at point.

i feel like Amber looks a little harsh st times sort of how Hannah did last year but dang 2nd years have so many rock stars. Amber, Hannah, Bridget, daphne, Rachel, Caroline, Brianna, Erin, Ashlee, all rock stars. 

Also I think Shelly just left off an s and wasn’t literally saying 30 is the max age right now. 

Edited by UnicornKicksBack
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, dreamcatcher said:

I think this year’s vet move was a bit stupid. It looks completely out of place in lyrical pieces and i don’t think i’ve seen so far a solo that incorporated the move nicely.

The only place I've seen it is actually IN Thunderstruck.  Haven't had a chance to see the solos.  Maybe it was chosen cause it DID look so out of place to stand out (just my opionion)?

4 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

I think this year’s vet move was a bit stupid. It looks completely out of place in lyrical pieces and i don’t think i’ve seen so far a solo that incorporated the move nicely.

"vet move"... ?? i'm not following/understanding...i'm a non-dancer

4 minutes ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Amanda sounds way too rehearsed, but I’m loving her look and girl can def dance.

VK looks better than I expected but I’m sure she’s getting an amazing edit this year.

maddie already looks soft bellied again and Amy is so vanilla. Hate them both at point.

i feel like Amber looks a little harsh st times sort of how Hannah did last year but dang 2nd years have so many rock stars. Amber, Hannah, Bridget, daphne, Rachel, Caroline, Brianna, Erin, Ashlee, all rock stars. 

Also I think Shelly just left off an s and wasn’t literally saying 30 is the max age right now. 

2nd years have so many rock stars. Amber, Hannah, Bridget, daphne, Rachel, Caroline, Brianna, Erin, Ashlee and last but not least Jalyn, all rock stars. 

Amanda was super and Tay Pedersen looked good. 

I liked Madeline Grace Salter. I hope she comes back stronger!

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, sATL said:

"vet move"... ?? i'm not following/understanding...i'm a non-dancer

It's a dance move they incorporate into their solos.  All the vets do it. The vets cheer when each other does the move in their solo routine.  This year's move was some sort of "shimmy" they do in Thunderstruck.

Edited by DCCFanInKy
clarity
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

It's a dance move they incorporate into their solos.  All the vets do it. The vets cheer when each other does the move in their solo routine.

ok.  will go back an re-watch last week's episode, all these years and I never noticed. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Pau84 said:

2nd years have so many rock stars. Amber, Hannah, Bridget, daphne, Rachel, Caroline, Brianna, Erin, Ashlee and last but not least Jalyn, all rock stars. 

Amanda was super and Tay Pedersen looked good. 

I liked Madeline Grace Salter. I hope she comes back stronger!

Omg slap my face now please. How could I forget JAELYN! Yes!!!!! I also like cianna and Brennan but don’t really see them as a powerhouse like the others. 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, sATL said:

ok.  will go back an re-watch last week's episode, all these years and I never noticed. 

I replied and you may not have seen it:  This years vet move was a "shimmy" they do in Thunderstruck. I went back and checked.  The "shimmy" is about an 8 count before the end of the song.

Edited by DCCFanInKy
clarity
  • Useful 2

VK looks good in the video, as does Kristin. I didn’t notice Lily. If this is a routine that they learned last year however, then I think it’s an expectation that they should look good - certainly, they should look better than girls who learned it 30 minutes prior.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Dal8las said:

First, I love Little Mix and no matter how many times they play that song I will love it forever hahah.

1st Group:

Shania: memory issues it seems as well as no punch.

Taylor P: Loved watching her

VK: She is fun to watch. Edited now that I watch again she is killing it! I am so happy. Showing all the haters up yes Teeth YES!!! 

2nd Group:

Lisa: right now MVP in my eyes she is slaying all day

Lauren: How did she make it in....like 

Kristin: Bright and getting it

Kelcey: Hits everything! She is probably the best all around in terms of look, dance, etc.

3rd Group:

Lily: Bye I dont know why they brought her back, she bores me to tears.

Madeline: Sad, one of the weakest legacies as of right now to ever be in the show..not including no lips

Meredith: yikes, but Im rooting for her.

At the end of the day I would much rather have Gabby with her wiggle there over the majority of these rookies...

I wonder why we didnt get to see the other rookies.

I agree with all of these comments. Lily is not a powerful at all. How did she make it?

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, GeorgiaPeach11 said:

I agree with all of these comments. Lily is not a powerful at all. How did she make it?

Not good and not particularly attractive either. Maybe she gets better as training camp progresses 

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, GeorgiaPeach11 said:

THIS!! LOLOLOLOLOL.

Lily is Blonde, Boring, and Basic 

Not quite sure I would define Lily as being Boring or Basic. But hey, one of the great things about this place is all the different types of opinions on here. 🙂

• Love 9
53 minutes ago, GeorgiaPeach11 said:

The Blonde girl quota was down with Kashara, Kelly, Jessika and Tasha leaving...

tumblr_ox5n707hRV1riageno1_r1_400.gif

• LOL 4
5 minutes ago, Dal8las said:

The Blonde girl quota was down with Kashara, Kelly, Jessika and Tasha leaving...

tumblr_ox5n707hRV1riageno1_r1_400.gif

LOL, this is hilarious!  Sorry not Sorry her dancing is BASIC at best! I better see major improvement throughout TC or she is likely to be a one hit wonder.

• Love 4

Awww with VK on the team - I don't question any of the other choices... I re-watched finale of S12 - and Lily's office included "this is my first time here - so I don't know what to expect."  After that whole VK debacle - they did Lily wrong.

I watch for the dancing and TBH some of them kind of all blend... like Maddie (pit-stained wanna be hip hopper/point) is different from "Madeline?" ..I really didn't know.  LOL which one got in trouble for switching lockers?

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, chabelisaywow said:

After that whole VK debacle - they did Lily wrong.

Agree.  That was hard to watch.

Re: the next episode's preview:

Since they are only showing the ladies first nights in TC, I'm not passing judgement yet.  We've seen girls start out wonky and end up being powerhouses.

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, GeorgiaPeach11 said:

LOL, this is hilarious!  Sorry not Sorry her dancing is BASIC at best! I better see major improvement throughout TC or she is likely to be a one hit wonder.

Girl you never know Christina is here for a 3rd year, same with Miranda, Alexis, Amy, Tess...is like 

Kelli Finglass" "World Class Performers" "The Best Of The Best" 

Bish Where...I know getting all 36 to be star dancers might be tough, but don't lie. Like I said they had Breelan and Calia on a squad...not even trying to be rude. However, it bothers me when someone says something like best "Pizza In The World" and the crust is stale. Like no sir.

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
24 minutes ago, chabelisaywow said:

Awww with VK on the team - I don't question any of the other choices... I re-watched finale of S12 - and Lily's office included "this is my first time here - so I don't know what to expect."  After that whole VK debacle - they did Lily wrong.

I watch for the dancing and TBH some of them kind of all blend... like Maddie (pit-stained wanna be hip hopper/point) is different from "Madeline?" ..I really didn't know.  LOL which one got in trouble for switching lockers?

I know that was hella unfair, but who from this last year's rookie class would you cut instead of her? 

13 minutes ago, Dal8las said:

I know that was hella unfair, but who from this last year's rookie class would you cut instead of her? 

I wouldn’t have cut a rookie from last years squad. I would have cut a vet. Christina!! 

When I saw that video of them practicing for the Queen concert in the locker room, she was the only one that wasn’t fully hitting the choreography.  She looked like she just didn’t give a shit. It was time for her to go at this years auditions, and it was still training camp when the concert was going on. They could of had a squad of 36 if they would of just cut her. I hope she retires this year, and I totally was in her corner until I saw that video and from what I’ve seen of her at this years auditions. If I were her, I would retire after this season. 

• Love 14

Finally watched the last episode almost a week late because, well, the show just isn't what it used to be.

Let me start with this. Kelli, YOU DID NOT START WITH 400 LADIES. FFS, STOP.

Next up, VK. I picked up on some arrogance from her in her panel interview.  
VK: "This is my goal and I'm going to prove to people I AM GOING TO ACHIEVE IT". Last year she seemed goofy, obnoxious, and over the top but this year, esp after this episode, she seems cocky, like she isn't even trying to hide the fact that her spot is a done deal now that she lost the weight.

Her teeth have always been large and in charge, but damn they looked really bad in this episode. It was hard to look past. If I ever talked to her in person, I would stare awkwardly at her mouth, I just know it .Can someone please go to a game and show us how they look on the big board?

Christina. Blehhhh. I was hoping to see Brenda tear her a new one like she did Kat seasons ago. They all reiterate how important it is to come back better every year as a veteran. Can anyone honestly say Christina comes back better? A new hair cut and new boobs does not qualify as "better". Even though I knew she doesn't get cut, I still feel disappointed because this episode totally led me on to think she was going to be. 

Still not a Maddie fan. The hip hop, her look, her facials, MRS fawning over her...nope. I just don't get it. She looks like she is  performing in a junior high talent show. I am still cringing from that whole scene. 

I still like Kat, but she definitely needs to bring it down a few notches. She is walking a fine line of coming across like she can't be mature and serious when needed. Acting like a goofball all the time is not going to work in her favor. K&J have scolded girls in the past for not taking things seriously (Amy when she messed up the jump split and laughed and also Vivian (i think?) when she messed up the field entrance and laughed). Her personality actually surprises me. She looks like she could be a total diva, but I like that she's fun and lighthearted.

• Love 14

My guess is that Kat went in full aware of and wanted the edit she’s portraying. Not all of these candidates are aware of that. She wants to be seen as the goofy, bubbly and over the top. Some girls are so focused on the actual audition and not both that they come across vanilla. I just think it’s a matter of different personalities and levels of awareness. 

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Muckypup61 said:

VK may be dancing a lot better, but that doesn't mean she's suddenly Mother Teresa. If I were anyone else on the team, I'd keep my relationship with her professional and polite; but that's it. Wouldn't trust her as far as I could throw her.

Tell me about it!  Kelli, Charlotte and the judges feel that she's improved on everything they asked her to, but so far no comments on the weight issue, behavior, etc.  Or like those on social media, she's dancing better, so she must be more mature🙄

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
28 minutes ago, Cowboysfan16 said:

My guess is that Kat went in full aware of and wanted the edit she’s portraying. Not all of these candidates are aware of that. She wants to be seen as the goofy, bubbly and over the top. Some girls are so focused on the actual audition and not both that they come across vanilla. I just think it’s a matter of different personalities and levels of awareness. 

32 minutes ago, NMDD43 said:

I still like Kat, but she definitely needs to bring it down a few notches. She is walking a fine line of coming across like she can't be mature and serious when needed. Acting like a goofball all the time is not going to work in her favor. K&J have scolded girls in the past for not taking things seriously (Amy when she messed up the jump split and laughed and also Vivian (i think?) when she messed up the field entrance and laughed). Her personality actually surprises me. She looks like she could be a total diva, but I like that she's fun and lighthearted.

Yes, yes, yes.

No one needs more pastel.

Kat is a character and fun.  She is just more comfortable with her sense of humor than others. I hope she can stick around and stays longer than Maggie Rouse or Megan Carcioppolo. 

• Love 12

I like Maddie M and her little hip-hop self. She seems genuinely nice and down to earth, and she doesn't overdo her make up like a lot of the girls. That gives her brownie points in my book. 

(Warning: Unpopular opinion): I also like Christina. She fell flat in her interview, total yup, but she worked darn hard to make DCC, and like Kelli said back in S9, they're going to the turf with their strongest girl and their weakest, and everyone in between. If Christina were total crap, Kelli wouldn't have her on the squad, so in their "total package" world, she must bring additional qualities to the table that the organization values.

I might like VK better this year. She seems more genuine, but since DCC:MTT isn't shoving her down our throats (yet), I don't know if her attitude has changed. Her dancing appears great but her makeup is atrocious. Someone, give that girl a helping hand!

• Love 12
4 hours ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Anybody know who the oldest ever cheerleader to actually make the team was? @ShellyB?

I remember around 1995 there was a 37 year old mother of 4 who made DCC.  She may have been the oldest ever.  Forget her name, though.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
21 hours ago, Spooky said:

Ugh; squad photo. I know (well, maybe not) Victoria won't get the middle of the floor spot, but she'll for sure be the center of the bouquet (with tiny Jalyn behind her). 

Usually Rookies have been in the last two rows, but I seriously doubt that VK will be back that far. I'm expecting her to be in either the second or third rows. I recall that in Cassie's day, she was never placed further back than the 3rd row.

14 minutes ago, Bellisima08 said:

Usually Rookies have been in the last two rows, but I seriously doubt that VK will be back that far. I'm expecting her to be in either the second or third rows. I recall that in Cassie's day, she was never placed further back than the 3rd row.

Loni and Abigail were in the front row as rookies.  And Kelsi was never placed back any further than 3rd row.  Some of the taller girls have been placed standing on the sides, or kneeling on the floor regardless of year.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Pau84 said:

Yes, yes, yes.

No one needs more pastel.

Kat is a character and fun.  She is just more comfortable with her sense of humor than others. I hope she can stick around and stays longer than Maggie Rouse or Megan Carcioppolo. 

I don't think Kat has a sense of humor, I think she is arrogant and completely full of herself. She acts like she is just going to get by with her looks, and doesn't seem to take it seriously. There are a few women of color I would have picked over her. She is not humble one bit. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Not sure I should put this here...mods pls move if needed:  @ShellyB do you think Samantha Finglass will ever audition? Right now it doesn't seem like she's interested.  Do you know if she's dancing at all?

I know you didn’t ask me, but I thought I would throw it out there that I don’t think dance is Sam’s thing. She did competitive cheer, I know some girls who do competitive cheer have been successful trying out for DCC in the past, but a dance class video with Sam in it was posted before and it was obvious that she does not have the dance skill level that is needed. Moreover, I believe she is self aware enough to know this. 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Jennv said:

I know you didn’t ask me, but I thought I would throw it out there that I don’t think dance is Sam’s thing. She did competitive cheer, I know some girls who do competitive cheer have been successful trying out for DCC in the past, but a dance class video with Sam in it was posted before and it was obvious that she does not have the dance skill level that is needed. Moreover, I believe she is self aware enough to know this. 

Thanks for your input! I actually put this out there for anyone that wanted to answer and just tagged Shelly cause she knows Sam personally.  Whatever Sam decides is cool!  Side Note:  Wasn't Cassie Trammel more into competitive cheer than dance?

Edited by DCCFanInKy
clarity
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Thanks for your input! I actually put this out there for anyone that wanted to answer and just tagged Shelly cause she knows Sam personally.  Whatever Sam decides is cool!  Side Note:  Wasn't Cassie Trammel more into competitive cheer than dance?

I believe Cassie was competitive cheer as well

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I just watched the preview and I have to say, Taylor is impressive. I watched some of her clips on insta as well and she looks amazing. Also, sorry, but when you look at Victoria dancing next to her you can see the difference. VK had been practicing this dance for a year and she was all s****** and out of control again. Taylor was great so she made VK look even worse. 

Also, mtt editors: pick a song that at least has the same tempo as thunderstruck and please please please, stop speeding up the dance segments. We barely get to see anything and if you’re going to be featuring VK, you shouldn’t be making things worse. She really did look like a storm in that segment.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, DCCFanInKy said:

This years vet move was a "shimmy" they do in Thunderstruck. 

It was actually a "lasso" move followed by a knee slap.

7 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Erin's solo

That was disappointing, she's better than that 😞 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, ByTor said:

It was actually a "lasso" move followed by a knee slap.

I'll rewatch.  Really looked like a "shimmy"

ETA - can someone post a video that shows the "vet move" fairly clearly?

Edited by DCCFanInKy
Added something.
10 hours ago, Dal8las said:

So, I was looking up what day is the worst day for television as in when a show moves to a different day. CMT obvs is killing this show soon. Friday is the worst day according to reports to have your show on. Which makes sense, unless MTT can upgrade their style/ways this show is about to RIP. Sad

https://www.thedailybeast.com/dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders-making-the-team-why-america-cant-quit-the-dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders 

According to the article, MTT had its highest ratings last year which probably explains why they are throwing too much money into the over production.

• Love 2