Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

7 hours ago, sleepyjean said:
9 hours ago, ByTor said:

So only in TC they're considered alternates?  For some reason I thought Kelli meant that rookies who make SG are alternates for the whole year they're rookies.

On 7/3/2019 at 12:25 AM, ShellyB said:

There are no alternates for the 36.

I wasn't talking about alternates for the 36, I was talking about alternates for show group.

• Love 1

I think the DCC are one year away from running off all the best dancers and being stuck with nothing but blenders and VK, the whirling dervish.  If Gina and Jaylen leave after this year, that will decimate or at least severely cut the number of stand out dancers.   They really need to address why many girls are leaving earlier rather than after 3 or 4 years.   Is this a trend or just something we THINK is happening because the good dancers are so few and far between?

• Love 11
8 hours ago, Dal8las said:

The Pro Bowl Choice, Vet Choice, and Rookie Choice is def going to get this group fired up af...we havent even started season and we are already pissed hahaha.

What they will choose

Pro Bowl: Amy 

Vet: Tess

Rookie: Tina Kalina

I'll correct that for you:

Pro Bowl: Amy

Vet: Tina Kalina

Rookie: Veruca 

Obvs... :-)

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

Ok I imagine this will not be popular but one thing struck me as watching the earlier teams with powerhouse of dancers starting with the initial 2 hour movie where they made a hard cut of a veteran, I just wonder of this time of sexual harassment, enlightenment etc. has the DCC gotten to where they are no longer relevant?  Look at Lauren who chose not to do swimsuit photos.   How much is this contributing to fewer girls trying out with the ones who do have less of the characteristics we are looking for?  Have been a long time supporter but now I perhaps have “clarity “!

• Useful 4
  • Love 2
Just now, cherryblossom said:

Ok I imagine this will not be popular but one thing struck me as watching the earlier teams with powerhouse of dancers starting with the initial 2 hour movie where they made a hard cut of a veteran, I just wonder of this time of sexual harassment, enlightenment etc. has the DCC gotten to where they are no longer relevant?  Look at Lauren who chose not to do swimsuit photos.   How much is this contributing to fewer girls trying out with the ones who do have less of the characteristics we are looking for?  Have been a long time supporter but now I perhaps have “clarity “!

I think that yes, generationally you get women today with that higher level talent are looking for other more fulfilling, better compensated, and more professional opportunities.

• Love 12
10 minutes ago, Lolfordays said:

I think that yes, generationally you get women today with that higher level talent are looking for other more fulfilling, better compensated, and more professional opportunities.

I agree from a compensation standpoint more talented girls are looking to make a living at some point, but DCC can still be a stepping stone for some.  Look at Jacie, Olivia, Nicole H, Melissa R, etc.  They all went on to the Rockettes, Vegas showgirl and  DWTS respectively.  I understand Mandy is now the director of the Raiders squad and I believe Houston and Miami also have former DCCs at the helm.  So it's still prestigious to have the DCC on your resume.

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, Lolfordays said:

Prestigious in an ever shrinking circle.

also, we all have to stop believing that Melissa R got DWTS because of DCC. She got it because she got dumped on live TV after being engaged on The Bachelor.  DCC isn’t why she is famous.

Perhaps DCC got her a look-see on The Batchelor or maybe you're right and it had nothing to do with it.😂

23 minutes ago, Lolfordays said:

Prestigious in an ever shrinking circle.

also, we all have to stop believing that Melissa R got DWTS because of DCC. She got it because she got dumped on live TV after being engaged on The Bachelor.  DCC isn’t why she is famous.

She was never a DCC that got my attention or was that memorable.  Today, all I see is Botox, Fillers, and Collagen.  I am still not a fan and will never understand why they have her as a "Mentor" to TCCs.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
6 minutes ago, TUOwl84 said:

I showed my husband this picture, and the first thing he said was that they are throwing up the white supremacy sign 😳  

image1 (15).png

I didn't want to say it but that is my take as well.  I hope this is their symbol for something else.  Did Kelli know about this in advance?  How could they allow this?

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
1 minute ago, Weeklydcc said:

I didn't want to say it but that is my take as well.  I hope this is their symbol for something else.  Did Kelli know about this in advance?  How could they allow this?

With everything going on nowadays...

giphy.gif

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, Jennv said:

When did that go from being the sign for “ok” to white power? I must have been in a coma

that being said, i don’t know why you would throw up the “ok” sign in a dance either. 

Apparently, I missed that memo too. 

• Love 10
46 minutes ago, rl27rl said:

She was never a DCC that got my attention or was that memorable.  Today, all I see is Botox, Fillers, and Collagen.  I am still not a fan and will never understand why they have her as a "Mentor" to TCCs.

They have her as a mentor bc she won the bachelor and dancing with the stars. She’s a known face for those who aren’t familiar with DCC. And also... yeah. This is why it’s important to not go to a cheap doctor or medspa who’s just going to inject you to make some cash. Go to a plastic surgeon or dermatologist who’s known for creating aesthetic excellence. In this day and age, there is absolutely no reason that anyone should be able to tell you’ve had work done if you go to the right people.

Edited by loveanddcc
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, ByTor said:

I wasn't talking about alternates for the 36, I was talking about alternates for show group.

Shelly addressed this saying there aren't really alternates for SG per se.  Based on her reply, my take is they might need to cut the number down due to venue size.

672968972_ScreenShot2019-08-07at10_21_25AM.thumb.png.fd6c21533d81315ed40ffa1c86e72d93.png

• Love 2
Just now, loveanddcc said:

They have her as a mentor bc she won the bachelor and dancing with the stars. She’s a known face for those who aren’t familiar with DCC. And also... yeah. This is why it’s important to not go to a cheap doctor or medspa who’s just going to inject you to make some cash. Go to a plastic surgeon or dermatologist who’s know for creating aesthetic excellence. In this day and age, there is absolutely no reason that anyone should be able to tell you’ve had work done if you go to the right people.

She also hosted Redneck Island and had a reality show with her husband called “Melissa & Tye” on CMT. I always figured it was more network-driven to shoehorn her into DCC:MTT for hopeful crossover appeal to boost ratings rather than Charlotte/Kelli/Judy deciding that the TCCs needing a mentor and selecting her for the job over any of the countless other former DCC who were likely available and more qualified for that specific task. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, Jazzhands said:

She also hosted Redneck Island and had a reality show with her husband called “Melissa & Tye” on CMT. I always figured it was more network-driven to shoehorn her into DCC:MTT for hopeful crossover appeal to boost ratings rather than Charlotte/Kelli/Judy deciding that the TCCs needing a mentor and selecting her for the job over any of the countless other former DCC who were likely available and more qualified for that specific task. 

She might have lobbied for it too.

• Love 1
56 minutes ago, TUOwl84 said:

I showed my husband this picture, and the first thing he said was that they are throwing up the white supremacy sign 😳  

image1 (15).png

I could be overthinking this, but I was reminded of an episode of SYTYCD with a Bollywood number.  There are quite a few hand gestures used in Bollywood style dancing and I remember the choreography working with the dancers to get it just right.  So possibly could be a nod to Freddie Mercury's heritage (parents are originally from India, later moved to Zanzibar.)  Or it could just be an okay symbol and is awkward AF.  Who knows?

Either way, here's a link:  https://dance.lovetoknow.com/Dance_Bollywood:_Hand_Gestures

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, cherryblossom said:

NO. The issue is not about how women dress or act — it’s about sexual assault. The perpetrator. Not the victim. This is not about women going back to the stone ages and wearing chastity belts. It’s about freedom & consent.

If anything this is the best time to tryout in that regard bc people are finally discussing the issue and making changes. Other professional teams are responding by getting rid of their dancers which is a WEAK cop-out. They don’t want the heat. They don’t want to admit fault and enact change. I’m proud of the DCC for embracing their cheerleaders. What Charlotte said about having the DCC bc of how they make the fans feel nearly brought me to tears. Thank God someone still values cheer and dance girls. They matter to the team and they matter to the fans. 

Now the real reason less girls are trying out for DCC — they don’t want to be made fun of on national television. That’s it.

Some other teams are making changes, like the NY Jets changing to that cringe-worthy vomit-inducing mop of a uniform. Ugly uniforms also deter dancers... no one wants to be seen looking like a grandma in front of thousands of people. 

And yet other teams are cutting the girls altogether not only bc they don’t want to take the heat for sexual assault in the workplace but also bc they don’t want to pay them more. If they make the teams co-Ed then no one can say they’re not paying them bc they don’t value women... now all we can say is that they don’t value dancers / entertainers.

Edited by loveanddcc
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, TUOwl84 said:

image1 (15).png

hahaha I know there is so many meanings now for this symbol. The white supremacy, illumanti, ok, three pointer. I wonder what one they were promoting...

• Love 1
1 hour ago, RedDelicious said:

The notion the a-ok hand gesture as a symbol of white power is not a real thing. It was made up two years ago to stir controversy. 

I agree it was made up to stir controversy, but that's exactly what it is doing now, stirring controversy not a good look for DCC at all...

• Love 15
2 hours ago, Weeklydcc said:

Are we really that surprised that Kelli and Judy really ARE that tone deaf? If this gets picked up by the wrong media outlet they'll get slaughtered. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 14

I think it's absurd that anyone would make something out of it. Maybe it has something to do with the song lyrics. Ask Shelly, she's the assistant choreographer. We use hand gestures in my line of work and in front of our customers all the time and we're not going to stop using a-ok to say 'all clear' or simply 'we're good, proceed' just because somebody cooked up some nonsense in 2017. Come ON. How precious can a cheerleading routine be?

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Christineelgene said:

You can get Pluto TV on a Roku or a Firestick,  not sure what other devices can get it.  I use a Firestick.

F71309D5-AA95-475A-9195-40D8B678029A.jpeg

Guess what’s on my Roku tv riiiiiight now?!?! Oh yeah!!

• Love 3

Random question. Does anyone have access to Madeline Molloy’s audition solo video? I can’t track it down. She won a Barbie (I think?) and she hashtagged #amilliondreams back in July on Instagram after announcing she’d been invited back to TC. 

I really only care because, based on the #, I’m hoping the song she used was A Million Dreams from The Greatest Showman and I’m kind of dying to see it if she did because that song = 😍 and that song + an audition solo could = 😍😍😍.

On a related note, I’ll only be mildly disappointed if she didn’t use that song, even though I just dramatically said I was dying to see it just because of that. Either way, girlfriend looked so pretty in her pics! 

Edited by Kaelha
  • Love 4

While I’m asking random questions, is there not a Primetimer app or am I just overlooking it in my app searches? I feel like that’s a big miss if there isn’t one. #theresanappforthat...ornot 

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

Oh boy! I wonder if Kristin knows that.

I’m sure she does...but she’s a rookie...the bottom of the totem pole...why they gonna listen to her?!?

Judy most likely added it at the last second, just as the girls were going out

Judy: hey guys...let’s do an ‘A-okay sign’ at the end of the routine...the primetimer’s will eat it up!!! Okay, probably not, but who knows...

🤷🏻‍♂️🤪😉😆

Edit: ...altho Kristen is a good Christian girl, I don’t think she knows any ‘bad’ words...

Edited by BBK
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, Kaelha said:

While I’m asking random questions, is there not a Primetimer app or am I just overlooking it in my app searches? I feel like that’s a big miss if there isn’t one. #theresanappforthat...ornot 

I was told there is one & it’ll tell when messages are popping up...

I know right...?!?!

• Useful 1
4 hours ago, Weeklydcc said:

Does anyone know who choreographed this routine? Interested in knowing what the deal is with this and who was ignorant enough to put that in there. 

Adding: it’s kind of like being unaware of #metoo movement. 

Edited by KatieC
  • LOL 1
  • Love 16
2 hours ago, kalibean said:

I could be overthinking this, but I was reminded of an episode of SYTYCD with a Bollywood number.  There are quite a few hand gestures used in Bollywood style dancing and I remember the choreography working with the dancers to get it just right.  So possibly could be a nod to Freddie Mercury's heritage (parents are originally from India, later moved to Zanzibar.)  Or it could just be an okay symbol and is awkward AF.  Who knows?

Either way, here's a link:  https://dance.lovetoknow.com/Dance_Bollywood:_Hand_Gestures

This hand gesture is a mudra but is a bit different than what they're doing,  And I think you're giving WAY too much credit to whomever choregraphed this dance that they would be paying homage to Freddie Mercury's ethnic background.  Putting the possible white supremacy meaning aside, this hand gesture does have some negative connotations around the world.  In Brazil it's the equivalent of giving someone the middle finger.  What's wrong with a basic outstretched jazz hand, or a fist?  I'd just stay away from that one.

• Love 18
4 hours ago, Weeklydcc said:

I agree from a compensation standpoint more talented girls are looking to make a living at some point, but DCC can still be a stepping stone for some.  Look at Jacie, Olivia, Nicole H, Melissa R, etc.  They all went on to the Rockettes, Vegas showgirl and  DWTS respectively.  I understand Mandy is now the director of the Raiders squad and I believe Houston and Miami also have former DCCs at the helm.  So it's still prestigious to have the DCC on your resume.

Houston's director is Casey Potter, former KC Rangerette, Houston Texans Cheerleader & Houston Rockets Power Dancer.

4 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

The notion the a-ok hand gesture as a symbol of white power is not a real thing. It was made up two years ago to stir controversy. 

I have no doubt many Cowboys fans believe this lol

53 minutes ago, DanceProf said:

This hand gesture is a mudra but is a bit different than what they're doing,  And I think you're giving WAY too much credit to whomever choregraphed this dance that they would be paying homage to Freddie Mercury's ethnic background.  Putting the possible white supremacy meaning aside, this hand gesture does have some negative connotations around the world.  In Brazil it's the equivalent of giving someone the middle finger.  What's wrong with a basic outstretched jazz hand, or a fist?  I'd just stay away from that one.

Exactly. The jones family has kind of a more understated racism — no one thinks they are purposefully flashing the white power symbol.

they do think they are idiots for not being more aware of perceptions.

Edited by Lolfordays
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, ClosetDCCFan said:

Yes, but regardless of its origin, that hand gesture has taken on a connotation synonymous with white power, so at best it’s still remarkably tone deaf of the DCC to include it in their choreography.  

I assure you not one person involved with that squad knows enough about current events to pick this up — which is the entire point and problem.

• Love 16
8 minutes ago, Lolfordays said:

I assure you not one person involved with that squad knows enough about current events to pick this up — which is the entire point and problem.

The irony is that the same persons got upset when Lil’ Taylor Tauss didn’t know what ‘Me too’ was!

True ignorance is not the lack of knowledge, but the unwillingness to acquire it!

• Love 19
1 hour ago, Tootie said:

Houston's director is Casey Potter, former KC Rangerette, Houston Texans Cheerleader & Houston Rockets Power Dancer.

Thanks for the correction.  I was thinking of Cindy Villanueva.  I think that's her name.  She's a former DCC from waaaaaay back who was associated with Houston's squad at one point.

Edited by Weeklydcc
Spelling
  • Useful 1
On 8/19/2019 at 11:32 AM, go4luca said:

They didn't seem annoyed that she sang though.  Maybe she was trying to stand out by showing her versatility.? 

At SG auditions, they offer the opportunity to sing.  They used to have some of the DCC sing at the games.  I don't know if they've had any good singers in recent years.  Regardless, Jamilla offered diversity in more than one way.  I give her kudos for doing so.

I was thinking the same thing. Jamilla did hip hop the way it should be done. Maddie's routine was good and cute, but Jamilla killed it!!! I hope she comes back.

• Love 10