Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

I'm not sure hip hop and Queen should ever be in the same sentence again. So great to see some other people at the front in that routine though! Amber looks great in that front spot! 

WTF was that?  No wonder they think Maddie is a great hip hop dancer if they think that dance had anything to do with hip hop.  My god, this year is already a disaster and it's not even started. I've never had an opinion on Gina but the girl can dance.  She's hard to ignore when she's on the screen. I wonder if they didn't show her solo because it would underscore how much better she is than the rest of the team? I feel so bad for her.

• Love 10
22 hours ago, Donna S said:

That picture was from this year on his IG.  This is the one from last year.  (He has the same expression in every picture.)

I half expected the caption of this photo to say "who has two thumbs & gets to sleep with Emma? This guy!" But seriously that expression is a bit on the intense side.

• LOL 2

Could it be that Gina did something? Maybe had a bad reaction to not being in the triangle or being moved back similar to when Jenna asked if she was still point and they took offense? 

Or maybe they really don’t want anyone to stand out and want everyone uniform? 

3 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

Yeah y'all all miss Kashara now don’t ya????? 😂😂😂😂😂😘😘😘😘😘

10 minutes ago, ByTor said:

giphy.gif

PERIOD POINT BLANK PERIOD!! bahahahah Bytor you just get it! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, dreamcatcher said:

I don’t think any other girl has even been demoted like Gina or kept her spot like Heather. As in, the girls who make the front usually move up but she stayed in the same place. So can k&j please explain why they were fine with removing Gina from her spot and ignoring Heather, but had to give point based on seniority? If they were able to move further back one of their most powerful dancers who also happens to be SG and 2GL to place up front 2nd years, they could have placed said 2nd years in the triangle. Even Lexie is outdancing the two points and Maddie’s hair looks awful again. Don’t tell me Heather wouldn’t have been far better up there.

Also, I think it’s hilarious that Amber and Bridget got the best spots in the hip hop routine instead of resident hip hopper and point girl Maddie. 

They do change up the formations for SG, but the triangle is always the same and I think the rest of the diamond remains the same as well. Not sure about the rest.

Maybe Jinelle..?

I find Amy weaker than Jinelle ever was. Jinelle had pop and was fun to watch, she just didn't have as much power as some others. Amy is just meh. Boringgggg. Maddie is worse. 

• Love 8
13 minutes ago, Mercurialsteph said:

Could it be that Gina did something? 

Maybe she told VK how to do a proper turn?  Or she told Kelli she didn't like Queen?  Or she told Charlotte that she liked Julia?  Or she told Charm that she agreed with her opinion of Maddie's solo?

But whatever it was, Heather did it too

• LOL 13
  • Love 6

Oh geez, please let K&J review the heck out of these videos and make some changes. Waaaaay to many super-blondes out there but I do like Bridget's lighter hair. From the show Gina got some crap for being over the top and not a team player her first year but she seems genuinely liked now; has her attitude changed and therefore her spot? I just can't fathom how one of (if not the) strongest dancers is buried. 

Edited by Spooky
blonde moment
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, go4luca said:

The same fan who shared the video I posted above, also had parts of this hip hop routine on his IG story.  I cobbled them together and have it temporarily stored for those not on IG.

Queen & Hip Hop?! Ugh! Freddie Mercury must be spinning in his grave! And is that VK up in the 2nd row to the left of Maddie in the first formation?! Well so much for the theory that she was just going to be an alternate. Mama Kalina must have made a phone call for her to be up so close to the front!

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
4 minutes ago, Bellisima08 said:

Queen & Hip Hop?! Ugh! Freddie Mercury must be spinning in his grave! And is that VK up in the 2nd row to the left of Maddie in the first formation?! Well so much for the theory that she was just going to be an alternate. Mama Kalina must have made a phone call for her to be up so close to the front!

They are considered alternates until they make the team !! 

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, UT2004gal said:

Who would have thought.....we are all pissed off because Amy and Maddie are such sucky points and are completely forgetting that Victoria is dancing in the show group performance AND Jalyn has been demoted out of it! Wow. That’s how terrible and boring they are!

Yeah and of course VK is in an up front position. Ashlee should be in her spot! 🙄

• Love 12
12 minutes ago, Spooky said:

Oh geez, please let K&J review the heck out of these videos and make some changes. Amy and Maddie e Maddie, neither does she. Waaaaay to many super-blondes out there but I do like Bridget's lighter hair. From the show Gina got some crap for being over the top and not a team player her first year but she seems genuinely liked now; has her attitude changed and therefore her spot? I just can't fathom how one of (if not the) strongest dancers is buried. 

Maybe and I like Gina she’s amazing...maybe she was trying to act the part of being this super positive teammate who wasn’t ambitious until she thought it was her turn to be in front and when it didn’t happens this year she said or did something that pissed them off? Like I can’t think of another reason she’d be HIDDEN.  Like that’s not just not showcasing her that’s hiding her so she isn’t seen...

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, ByTor said:

But she's performing.  So is rookie Amanda.

I know they made the team what I was meaning is while they were in tc they are called alternates 

8 minutes ago, Hannah1111 said:

Does someone have a list of the rookies who made the 2019 squad?

Rookies 

Kat 

Taylor p 

Lisa 

Meredith 

Lily 

Kristin 

Kelcey 

Victoria 

Amanda 

Chandi

Is it possible Gina is injured a bit and was put in that spot because she couldn't do certain moves (like the one where they do the leg extension next to their heads-I'm not a dancer, can ya tell)? Not injured enough to be benched, but enough not to be showcased? Please, somebody tell that's possible? Pleeeeeaaasssseee? 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Holly85 said:
10 minutes ago, ByTor said:

But she's performing.  So is rookie Amanda.

I know they made the team what I was meaning is while they were in tc they are called alternates 

So only in TC they're considered alternates?  For some reason I thought Kelli meant that rookies who make SG are alternates for the whole year they're rookies.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, dccfan204 said:

I can’t keep up 😂 Maddie is point, then Amy is point, then Bridget is point, then Amber is point!😅😅🤣🤣 

They’re practicing for when they throw VK up there it won’t be that much of a surprise 😂 

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, ByTor said:

So only in TC they're considered alternates?  For some reason I thought Kelli meant that rookies who make SG are alternates for the whole year they're rookies.

Just while they are in tc once they make the squad they are actually sg members but not all stages can hold all sg members so not everyone gets to preform at every sg performance

Edited by Holly85
  • Love 5
17 minutes ago, Dal8las said:

This formation is just another tik on the board for me on why K&J need to hang up their boots and be told..."Tonight is going to be their last night"

Honestly, they just seem to not get it. I personally feel they have over the course of so many seasons keep showing their lack of eye, equality, grace, etc. They are the epitome of what to not look for in a coach. Someone who makes you feel below them and always finds a way to get their favorites/teacher's pet up in front. They never see the errors of their ways. They are too proud *gags

I haven't had respect for them ever since they allowed Whitney Isleb stay on the squad. Even if the girl didn't do the whole blackface with malice. She still did it and her "Leaders/Sisters" still allowed her to go out like that and be photographed. I never saw those girls reprimanded...oh that's because Cassie no lip Trammel was her bestie coincidence? I say no your honors!

I mean they legit crucified Jenna over Holly's thotiana moment, who was also a pet of Kelli's Finglass and should have taken way more heat on the matter. They scapegoated it all on Jenna. Kelli what were you teaching Holly? Judi wasn't she your girl for legit everything her rookie year? 

Whitney got to be Pro Bowler and stay point for her remainder of her stay. Give me a break and half. While Jenna is going down in infamy for just being a dunce friend.....

I mean no diss on Kashara, but her being put in point was just the blueprint for this wack ass formation this year. It's like why does seniority matter this year, when it hasn't in the past? 

To add, now we have VK who you know I am on the fence with on the SG, when Briana and Jayln are both not on it...like was actual talent a negative point this season to make it.

The stepford wives got to go! Period!!! Bring in Charm she would have these girls on point. I would have Charm and Megan Fox be the new faces/coaches! That would be cool. Even crazy ass Brooke Sorenson she was dope.

Thank you for listening to my Ted Talk

source.gif

I wish I could like this post more than once! Whitney got to be point for two years, GL, PBC, etc...but Jenna gets demoted for fraternizing with players along with Holly🤔 

Not sure why seniority matters this year when it hasn’t in the past. How have Amy and Maddie not been called out for being vanilla? I’ve seen actual vanilla ice cream that was more exciting than those two in that routine. 

Based on the formation last year, I thought for sure Gina would be moved into the triangle. Her dancing reminds me of Holly’s with that extra pop that the current points don’t bring. I’d put her, Bridget, Amber and Lexie in the diamond. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 13

For anyone that's curious...

Formation 1:                                              

Amber

Maddie         Gina

Victoria     Rachel W     Caroline

Amanda        Kelcey        Heather      Bridget

Ashlee         Rachel A                           Daphne         Amy

Cianna           Tess           Hannah         Lexie                 

Formation 2:

Amanda      Maddie

Amber        Bridget      Rachel W

Daphne           Lexie            Gina           Tess

Amy            Heather        Kelcey        Ashlee      Rachel A

Hannah           Caroline       Cianna       Victoria

Edited by dccfan204
Updated to make Amanda share point
  • Useful 3
15 minutes ago, dccfan204 said:

For anyone that's curious...

Formation 1:                                              

Amber

Maddie         Gina

Victoria     Rachel W     Caroline

Amanda        Kelcey        Heather      Bridget

Ashlee         Rachel A                           Daphne         Amy

Cianna           Tess           Hannah         Lexie                 

Having trouble figuring out formation 2 but it looks kinda like this?

Maddie              

Amanda         Rachel W

Amber         Bridget           Tess      

Daphne        Lexie                Gina         Rachel A

Amy          Heather         Kelcey           Ashlee

Hannah       Caroline            Cianna       Victoria

I think Maddie and Amanda are sharing point in the second formation. 

• Useful 1
4 hours ago, ClosetDCCFan said:

No doubt.  But what was the choreo here?  Because 3 girls are tilting their head, and ALL the rest of them are not.  That’s problematic IMO.  

It's a brand new number.  Plus a new show group.  They need to work out some kinks.  Yeah, I know they are normally in better sync but I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt for this round. 

They have bigger fish to fry dealing with the uninspiring Amy and Maddie at point.  Plus, I hate to say it but in some of the stills shots, Maddie's middle is already looking thick.

Me personally, I'll take personality and oomph over milquetoast any day of the week.  My eye is going to be drawn to the better dancers anyway. 🙅‍♀️

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, Squirrelygirly9 said:

Seems like the lighter shade of blondes are all the same color. Doesn’t it?

Dallas blonde has taken a turn...maybe they need to bring back some shades of that east Texas blonde 😂😂

• LOL 4

After watching the "performances", lots of random thoughts again...

If I were Jalyn, I would be thanking my lucky stars I wasn't part of this SG mess. I know it is a new routine, but just yuck in general.

Nothing against Queen and nothing against what the DCC calls hip-hop, but the two do NOT go together. I needed Tylenol after hearing that.

Way too many bleach and brassy blondes. There are a gazillion shades of blonde, why not try some of them? The gals are lovely, the hair is not.

I don't dislike Maddie or Amy, but all along, I've wanted Bridget to have point with Hannah and Gina/Amber/pick your favorite completing the triangle. Gals with some fire to them who can connect with their audience and draw your eye for a positive reason.

Like everyone else, I am quite curious as to why Gina is so far back in the formation. Hopefully, someone will let us know or we will see it when it airs. It will be very interesting to see what the formation ends up being for TS.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

On 7/2/2019 at 9:25 PM, ShellyB said:

There are no alternates for the 36. There aren’t really alternates per se for SG. There are 18 this year, most show stages can handle 12 performers, occasionally 16. Having 18 allows for flexibility/availability for all shows. 

• Useful 2
2 minutes ago, Agent Gully said:

Nothing against Queen and nothing against what the DCC calls hip-hop, but the two do NOT go together. I needed Tylenol after hearing that.

Amen sister.  You are today's Forum Day Girl.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

Hip hop and Queen. No. Never. Of course, consider what K&J think of as hip hop, I’m surprised it wasn’t a waltz to We Will Rock You.

VK looked good in that abomination. 

Amy is a fridge break, just boring. 

When does next season start? 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

Hi everyone, im new to the blog but i know all tea-all drama from this forum 😛

i was watching this video and i think this squad was so powerful, Jenn K, Jenna, Holly P, Mehgan C, Melissa W, Jessica Marie, Amy Trader i think they outdance all the girls from 2017 til' now, i miss powerful girls on the triangle.

Bring Gina, Bridget, Hannah, Amber, Jalyn, Daphne to the triangle!!!!

• Love 14
41 minutes ago, BridgetHannahDap said:

i was watching this video and i think this squad was so powerful, Jenn K, Jenna, Holly P, Mehgan C, Melissa W, Jessica Marie, Amy Trader i think they outdance all the girls from 2017 til' now, i miss powerful girls on the triangle.

Jenna was a rock star.  I know she's teaching dance classes in Mississippi now, but I saw a video where she choreographed a Raiderettes routine.  It definitely had a DCC flare to it.  Does anyone know if she has choreographed any other squads?

• Love 6
11 hours ago, JerseyGirl said:

Gina was robbed.  Why is she so far back!?!?

I really want to know who she murdered because there is no reason she's where she is because of her dancing. 

11 hours ago, Holly85 said:

They needed a power red head up there like Hannah 

I'm disappointed to see Hannah so far back. 

9 hours ago, go4luca said:

Fan performance vid so not that clear. 

This formation doesn't get better with viewing.  I know where my eye is drawn and it definitely isn't Amy or Maddie.

Not amused by creeper suit wearer holding up his phone to record the girls...

8 hours ago, Dal8las said:

Looks at Maddie's stomach and looks at Gabby's stomach...neither are fat btw...just the unbalance of it all. Im going to lunch 

tenor.gif?itemid=5027096

You ain't lying. 

But, can we take a second to wonder where Amber's belly button is in that picture? I can't find it...I'm assuming she has one though. 

7 hours ago, Law Mom said:

This isn't the formation for Thunderstruck. It's just for this one routine. There will be different formations and different girls at point for different dances, especially with regard to SG performances.

Yes it is. Amy, Maddie and Lexie are the triangle for Thunderstruck and it's the most basic boring triangle we have seen...maybe ever. 

6 hours ago, Dal8las said:

I mean the fact that they didnt give it to Gina, Lexie, Bridget, Daph, Hannah, Ashlee, Caroline etc. Just goes to show K&J need to be replaced they don't have it anymore. New vision, no more teacher's pets at point/triangle. This squad is probably the worst squad they have had in years...all of the GLs are boring af and the 3/4 of the 2 GL are boring. 

Khalyn/Yuko/Tasha why did yall have to leave  

Fixed that for you 😜 

3 hours ago, UT2004gal said:

Who would have thought.....we are all pissed off because Amy and Maddie are such sucky points and are completely forgetting that Victoria is dancing in the show group performance AND Jalyn has been demoted out of it! Wow. That’s how terrible and boring they are!

At least she's basically being hidden in the back for most of the routines and honestly, even when I tried to find her, I struggled to do so, so the girl just doesn't stand out to me.

6 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I'm willing to bet she has better turns than Victoria

Nah, Mama Kalina don't take no criticisms either...

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
17 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

At least she's basically being hidden in the back for most of the routines and honestly, even when I tried to find her, I struggled to do so, so the girl just doesn't stand out to me.

I had a hard time finding her and I actually kind of wanted to see how she was doing. It was hard to tell the blondes apart in all the clips. My first thought was who would have thought VK would be a blender? 🤣

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, BridgetHannahDap said:

No way K&J can watch this video and then the one from today and think that it compares. No way! The girls in the back of this video are showing more pop than Amy, Maddie, and Lexie, and comparing the 2 triangles is like pitting the varsity against the JV team. K&J must just be being stubborn. It’s nothing against any of those 3. I’m ok with Maddie retaining her spot in the triangle from last year, and Amy is rightfully the Group 1 leader, but point and triangle needs some sass, some sex appeal, some swag. What i saw today isn’t it....at all!

• Love 12
7 hours ago, BridgetHannahDap said:

I always used to feel like SG was 'who do we leave out?' because they had so many strong dancers. Now it's 'who do we add in to make up the numbers?' because they want all the 'senior' vets to be in there. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 9