Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

35 minutes ago, Tornado said:

Well, that's it, there is no use fighting it. TPTB told us exactly what they think DCC style is...the comment heard round the boards "17 ladies had a perfect score and the only rookie was Victoria"

I dont know how much more direct they can be. Victoria is the embodiment of DCC and The Star. 

There are only 2 choices left for us spectators...embrace it in all its glory, or dont let the door hit you in the a$$ on the way out...

Well, we will just add her to the list of things we will always talk about for as long as the show lasts and then some:)

16 minutes ago, TB12 said:

this is complete & utter BS it’s like they’re now trying to discredit their own standards to which I say what standards...

Exactly.  Kelcey is a powerful dancer and yet, places low cause she doesn't have a "wow factor"?  I would say that a "wow" is easier to get than the "pow"!

• Love 5

17 people got perfect scores? It seems like standards have fallen for the judges. IIRC, the number of girls getting perfect scores used to be way lower in the past. It used to truly be the best of the best. Not so much anymore.

• Love 8
43 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I'm assuming some of that is weight, but I also wonder how many judges felt that her solo was similar to last years.

I’m sure that’s it, no way they suddenly decided Maddie isn’t a good dancer. But weight does matter too and they said that vets are always expected to improve. So for me at least Maddie shouldn’t be point.

38 minutes ago, aimeelou625 said:

This... the judging part of deliberations is mostly based on looks for some of the panel. Some of the panel is ruthless about “she doesn’t have the look” and they don’t care how well they dance. 

I always love it when judges other than Kelli and Charlotte talk about the dcc look. I think it’s fairly obvious that having the ‘dcc look’ means you need to be attractive according to k&c standards and there are no ‘guidelines’.

• Love 5
29 minutes ago, Dal8las said:

All I know if I was in the judging panel, Insults  would have been thrown at the "protected girls and judges there.". Also the DCC Style would be ripped to shreds in mins on how outdated it is and I would have been kicked out like giphy.gif

Are you going to friends and family tonight 

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, Jazzhands said:

I’m wondering if  the leaderboard is based not on cumulative “scores,” per se, but on judges’ yes/no/maybe votes. The 17 with tied scores probably got all yes votes from the judges, which could also explain how VK ranked so high — none of the judges were going to vote anything but yes on her this year.

The next five (ranked 18-22) may have gotten 16 yes votes and one maybe.  Maddie may have gotten 16 yes votes and one no, so she ranks at number 23.

That could explain how one of the dual point girls ranks at 23 on the board.  Not necessarily that she was the 23rd best girl overall. 

Total speculation, but I can’t figure out how else this ranking system makes any sense.

I believe that is their Ranking system yes....or she could have gotten 15 yeses and one maybe which was last year they showed it briefly still doesn’t make her weaker than any of those 17

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Are you going to friends and family tonight 

Im not in town and I have fam on the Football team side not the DCC side. So I have never gone to that ever. Maybe next year I will try.

2 hours ago, dccfan204 said:

The leaderboard in order with the breaks included:

1. Amy
2. Heather
3. Tess
4. Savannah
5. Lexie
6. Molly
7. Rachel A
8. Gina
9. Taylor J
10. Rachel W
11. Ashlee
12. Amber
13. Caroline
14. Bridget
15. Madeline M
16. Alanna
17. Victoria

18. Cianna
19. Erin
20. Brennan
21. Briana
22. Daphne

23. Maddie

24. Ashley H

25. Hannah
26. Shaina
27. Julia

28. Kristin
29. Chandi

30. Amanda
31. Jalyn

32. Alexis
33. Miranda
34. Lisa

35. Alexandra
36. Bret
37. Kelcey

38. Christina
39. Gina M
40. Lily

41. Lauren
42. Kat
43. Taylor P
44. Meredith

45. Madeline S

Thank you so much for doing this for us!!

• Love 1
54 minutes ago, Jazzhands said:

I’m wondering if  the leaderboard is based not on cumulative “scores,” per se, but on judges’ yes/no/maybe votes. The 17 with tied scores probably got all yes votes from the judges, which could also explain how VK ranked so high — none of the judges were going to vote anything but yes on her this year.

The next five (ranked 18-22) may have gotten 16 yes votes and one maybe.  Maddie may have gotten 16 yes votes and one no, so she ranks at number 23.

That could explain how one of the dual point girls ranks at 23 on the board.  Not necessarily that she was the 23rd best girl overall. 

Total speculation, but I can’t figure out how else this ranking system makes any sense.

It seems to be based on how many"yes," "no," or "maybe" each candidate received. When they talk about Amanda they specifically talk about that rating system. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, aimeelou625 said:

This... the judging part of deliberations is mostly based on looks for some of the panel. Some of the panel is ruthless about “she doesn’t have the look” and they don’t care how well they dance. 

Which is why, imo, that they need to get better judges...  Out of all the judges, I believe only 4 were dancers.  We know Kelli is biased--she wants to find someone that she can "transform" with a makeover.  Melissa wants the sob-story sweetie-pie that she thinks should be on the team because she's so darn cute!  <insert eye roll>  Let's make sure every media person in a 3 county area is represented, throw in a weatherman, oh yeah, don't forget the man that makes cowboy boots! Very important!  Good grief.  Yeah, I guess all of those represent the "fan base" but I just feel that there should be more judges with actual dance experience to pick a dance team.

• Love 16
2 minutes ago, Tootie said:

Which is why, imo, that they need to get better judges...  Out of all the judges, I believe only 4 were dancers.  We know Kelli is biased--she wants to find someone that she can "transform" with a makeover.  Melissa wants the sob-story sweetie-pie that she thinks should be on the team because she's so darn cute!  <insert eye roll>  Let's make sure every media person in a 3 county area is represented, throw in a weatherman, oh yeah, don't forget the man that makes cowboy boots! Very important!  Good grief.  Yeah, I guess all of those represent the "fan base" but I just feel that there should be more judges with actual dance experience to pick a dance team.

YES! 100% YES! 

And Neal McCoy needs to go.  His only comment is "she's hot." 🙄

• LOL 3
  • Love 20
4 minutes ago, Tootie said:

Yeah, I guess all of those represent the "fan base" but I just feel that there should be more judges with actual dance experience to pick a dance team.

I can see where Kelli is thinking that not all fans are dancers, and some of those judges have made excellent points in their comments.  I think they need to reconsider what they are judging.  When you give someone a "no" because you don't like their hair, but they have the technique, the kicks, etc.  When you bring someone in because you like their look, but they can't kick.  

I also think that sitting in the room and discussing the girls is fine, but then they should vote by secret ballot.  Cause I'm sure some get in under peer pressure, and we all know who the peers are.  When a judge gives their opinion, and then gets Charlotte's bitchy attitude, that's ridiculous.  Then again, she's not a dancer so let's cut her from the judges panel:)

• Love 10
1 hour ago, nmvrn said:

Thank you so much for doing this for us!!

3 hours ago, dccfan204 said:

The leaderboard in order with the breaks included:

1. Amy
2. Heather
3. Tess
4. Savannah
5. Lexie
6. Molly
7. Rachel A
8. Gina
9. Taylor J
10. Rachel W
11. Ashlee
12. Amber
13. Caroline
14. Bridget
15. Madeline M
16. Alanna
17. Victoria

18. Cianna
19. Erin
20. Brennan
21. Briana
22. Daphne

23. Maddie

24. Ashley H

25. Hannah
26. Shaina
27. Julia

28. Kristin
29. Chandi

30. Amanda
31. Jalyn

32. Alexis
33. Miranda
34. Lisa

35. Alexandra
36. Bret
37. Kelcey

38. Christina
39. Gina M
40. Lily

41. Lauren
42. Kat
43. Taylor P
44. Meredith

45. Madeline S

I’m sorry looking at this...Maddie and Hannah and Jalyn are below  people they outdance any day any point. Really those three who are on SG are weaker DCC than Molly, Rachel A, Alanna, Victoria, Brennan, Briana, Daphne, Savannah, Erin, Madeline M, Taylor J? Even Amy , Lexie and  Tess are weaker dances next to those three....like come on. It’s a dance team. 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Former DCC Katy has some of the new game intro on her IG story - @katymcherry - sorry I don't know how to link

And she has a clip of TS, and Dayton does as well.

Whoa!  On Katy's IG story, they do not look good at all!!!  😲

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Dal8las said:

Yes, I was like some of the options like the girls said no one would want to choose.

It was like choose one that represents you

A. Fat

B. Lazy

C. Smelly

D. Gassy

giphy.gif

Can we substitute “noodlely,” “greasy bacon” and other horribly non-descriptive descriptors?

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Former DCC Katy has some of the new game intro on her IG story - @katymcherry - sorry I don't know how to link

I always loved Katy.

You link by copy-pasting the Insta link 

123125875_Screenshot2019-08-24at01_27_38.png.2650a899a0852d8422e7d3a5cffe31f7.png

on the comment box in here

or

1374092642_Screenshot2019-08-24at01_28_47.thumb.png.2e45cd19034741d835548b550053b8e9.png

use the ... right from the posters name and select 'Copy Link' and copy-paste it on the comment box in here

Edited by Pau84
Clarification
9 hours ago, JerseyGirl said:

I tried to grab a screenshot:

5BE074E9-39BB-42B5-B65F-0FAC482989B3.jpeg

Yikes! That poor cheerleader at the back looks mighty lonely. Any further back & she'd be off the field. Unless that person is supposed to be an alternate or something, this formation & the number of girls defies logic. Of course there's been a lot of news about this season that defies logic so perhaps K&J are just full-tilt committing to the disorganization.

1 minute ago, Bellisima08 said:

Yikes! That poor cheerleader at the back looks mighty lonely. Any further back & she'd be off the field. Unless that person is supposed to be an alternate or something, this formation & the number of girls defies logic. Of course there's been a lot of news about this season that defies logic so perhaps K&J are just full-tilt committing to the disorganization

Not seeing that spare person on the pics from Friends and Family??  Unless I am just missing them.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Leia1021 said:

I know we're all interested in seeing the leader board and the discussion between Judy and Kelli. However, I think making this all public would be hurtful to the girls. Is it just me?

One year during the 1st meeting, they seated them by score.  Vets were in the 1st row, I believe.  Kelli was not happy. 

3 minutes ago, Jazzmom said:

One year during the 1st meeting, they seated them by score.  Vets were in the 1st row, I believe.  Kelli was not happy. 

And another year, she had the vets pics up on a board and told showed them where they ranked. This was at the beginning of TC. I think they use it as "motivation."

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, Pau84 said:

I always loved Katy.

You link by copy-pasting the Insta link 

123125875_Screenshot2019-08-24at01_27_38.png.2650a899a0852d8422e7d3a5cffe31f7.png

on the comment box in here

or

1374092642_Screenshot2019-08-24at01_28_47.thumb.png.2e45cd19034741d835548b550053b8e9.png

use the ... right from the posters name and select 'Copy Link' and copy-paste it on the comment box in here

I don't know how to post IG stories, but I think I got it if I use my phone.  Thank you!!!

Edited by scorpio1031
1 hour ago, StarWarner said:

YES! 100% YES! 

And Neal McCoy needs to go.  His only comment is "she's hot." 🙄

There have been a couple of years where his comments were verging on inappropriate, I'm glad they didn't show him as much this season.

• Love 4
On 8/18/2019 at 1:55 PM, Jennv said:

That’s the point, it’s popular because it’s a novelty act. If they were three black guys everyone would say they suck

Sorry, that’s ridiculous.  They did well because they were different and fun.  

As an update: I still hate the new theme song with a fiery passion.

Also, in rewatching the first episode, they 100% played a song that repeated "me too" over and over again over Taylor T.'s focus and I can't deal with how much shade was just thrown.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, ByTor said:

Well, maybe not all of us.  Don't get me wrong, I think Bridget seems like a nice person, but she's too cutesy-wootsy for my taste, it could be a little grating.  I wanted Gina, but if it wasn't going to be her, I would have loved to see Erin.

You have Brennan, I have Kash and Bridget......but we share our love for Erin.  That clip last year where Marshall went crazy about her was when I fell in love.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

OMG!!! "Well, I would have picked that answer last year"  but I've changed.  You know someone changed her answers like it was an SAT test to get on the squad.  New business for those that can't help get your child into the right college anymore.

I bet you she doesn't know.  She's probably just repeating what they tell her.

Yeah, that was my thought too — she’s either staggeringly self aware for her age, or she’s scripted. Guess which one I believe. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
13 minutes ago, Jazzmom said:

I don't know how to reply to multiple posts, so this is for Tuxcat, too. Hah! Good thing I'm not in the dance world. It seems a little brutal, being broadcast for all to see. And I'm retired military and a former competitive dressage rider, so I've seen brutal. 🙂

• Love 2
On 8/19/2019 at 3:42 PM, GeorgiaPeach11 said:

The only way that I can even come to any logical explanation as to why Christina was all of sudden good enough to the team (AFTER SEVERAL ATTEMPTS) is that she must be close to someone higher up in the organization. She had a terrible Finals and still made it. This entire thing stinks!! 

Another thought on Julia being cut. Maybe TPTB caught wind of the Julia/Lisa feud and decided they did not want any TOXIC issues on the team so they cut the weaker of the two. 

It would seem Lisa is the weaker of the two since she is a crappy teammate..she sounds like a jerk.  

• Love 2
On 8/21/2019 at 9:45 PM, Beana8 said:

This Literally Made my week LOL!!!

I looooove Pluto TV!!! I’ve been bingeing for days! 😂😂 season 10 today. Well 9 earlier with Vivian. “I deserve to make this team...I’m a damn good dancer.”

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
18 minutes ago, Opine said:

You have Brennan, I have Kash and Bridget......but we share our love for Erin.  That clip last year where Marshall went crazy about her was when I fell in love.

I was always pretty so-so  on her, but she grew on me like crazy, LOVE Erin now! 

• Love 6

So in the pic with the lonely rookie in the back from yesterday’s practice, I’m assuming they are all out on the field. So no one is too injured to not be out there. So they took 37 just in case? Not 37 because one girl is injured? Just curious if anyone has actually any intel on this. 🙂 

7 minutes ago, Cowboysfan16 said:

So in the pic with the lonely rookie in the back from yesterday’s practice, I’m assuming they are all out on the field. So no one is too injured to not be out there. So they took 37 just in case? Not 37 because one girl is injured? Just curious if anyone has actually any intel on this. 🙂 

I'm not sure now because I just counted 36 girls in the kickline on the insta story. Sorry I don't know how to link that.