Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

(edited)
8 hours ago, BringItOn said:

Gina doesn't look like the girl next door. She looks like the blow up doll that's hidden in the closet.

WOW!  That was pretty harsh.

I know it's very hard for you to believe, but there are some people who actually think that Gina is beautiful....

Edited by Tootie
  • Love 13
3 minutes ago, Tootie said:

WOW!  That was pretty harsh.

I know it's very hard to believe, but there are some people who actually think that Gina is beautiful....

I still think this is a great shot of her

• Love 10

I really don't want this to happen but my gut feeling is saying that they will put Maddie at point with Gina and Lexie on either side. Maddie looked so out of place in the triangle with kashara and lacey. They really should've put Khaylyn in her spot!  I think Gina or Lexie should get point though. Lexie was a little dark horse last year. She was really strong in videos we saw of her last year. Amy, Heather and Tess will be in the 3rd row with your rockstar 2nd years (jaylyn, Daphne, Hannah, bridget, amber) following up close behind. 

• Love 4

Well everyone has different opinions on people's looks and that's okay. I don't think Gina is bad looking. She stood out to me in a recent pic with some of the girls. I thought she looked really pretty. But I know she doesn't look great all the time. I thought Heather looked great in this last calendar shoot, but I've never loved her face. And I would be happy if she got point. I've said before I wouldn't be mad if Gina was point, although I'd not prefer it. Ha. I remember last year some people saying Lexie could get point. She has the look and got show group last year. That would be a surprising one I think. 

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Well everyone has different opinions on people's looks and that's okay. I don't think Gina is bad looking. She stood out to me in a recent pic with some of the girls. I thought she looked really pretty. But I know she doesn't look great all the time. I thought Heather looked great in this last calendar shoot, but I've never loved her face. And I would be happy if she got point. I've said before I wouldn't be mad if Gina was point, although I'd not prefer it. Ha. I remember last year some people saying Lexie could get point. She has the look and got show group last year. That would be a surprising one I think. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, NotthebadVictoria said:

From the insta story it looks like Amy is NOT doing tap!

She probably wants to be seriously considered for point this year. Good choice on her end.

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

She got a (very well done and subtle) nose job and I definitely think it worked in her favor. This isn’t a snarky comment, I’m all for them going for any kind of surgeries they want to as long as it’s genuinely their wish and with a trusty doctor. And that includes boob jobs as well. 

• Love 5

But--looks and style isn't everything to do with point is it?   It seems from last year the girl that gets it also has to be able to make quick decisions about which dance to do, etc.   Do all the girls we are mentioning have that ability?

• Useful 2
24 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

But--looks and style isn't everything to do with point is it?   It seems from last year the girl that gets it also has to be able to make quick decisions about which dance to do, etc.   Do all the girls we are mentioning have that ability?

You would actually have to have 8 girls with that ability cause it's the GL's who call the dances, and their second has to be able to do it as well, but that's when they are in their corners during a game.  I honestly can't think of when point has to call a dance?? 

And based on everything that has been said over the past two years, the ability to be a leader plays into point as well.

• Love 2

I don't care if Phil, Jay, and Marshall are  next season's triangle. I'm here for the crude jokes and snarky remarks.

Gina, VK, and Rowdy for triangle.

I want my own perseverance Barbie.

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
6 minutes ago, BringItOn said:

I don't care if Phil, Jay, and Marshall are  next season's triangle. I'm here for the crude jokes and snarky remarks.

You should put Phil, Scott and Marshall in the top of the triangle.

6 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

This is how I feel about VK, and she's never even made the squad!

It is hard to tell what the girls are really like by one office visit.  And it might have been hard for Gina since she was from out of state and didn't know anyone.  What with her scene, Brennan's and Ashley Pro's, I can see why girls are hesitant to try out.  You run the risk of being presented in a whole different way and the audience seeing that.  Audience meaning friends, family and possible future employers.

Kitty said Gina had a "resting bitch face." ... Gina knew what she was signing up for. She just thought she was to good to get picked on.

• Love 2
(edited)

Excited for finals...trying to catch up on the topics here.  

I haven’t seen anybody volunteering yet for the waitress job at IHOP?

Gina is pretty in that pick and we know she can dance, but she does sometimes add an extra move, flip and/or jiggle which can be distracting.

Erin is my favorite but I really don’t know how she dances.  She looks the part and I feel made the biggest comeback of last season. 

If VK was any other TCC, we all still would have been vocal about why they were keeping her, especially based on what was shown on the show.  Were those the good parts?  Maybe this year they will try to sneak her on the team by burying her in the back row and not showing anything.  

Maddie is perky and fun.  She can dance.  Point would be acceptable.

Kitty’s opinions should no longer matter after her VK assessment.

Cheers!

Edited by Jazzmom
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
On 5/28/2019 at 7:49 AM, coffeemug230 said:

Dayton did post a picture that said "last time in my favorite port" on insta awhile ago

Dayton's ship was set to make several port changes during her contract. She was supposed to visit over 20 countries or somewhere close to that. She had the opportunity of a lifetime. It's sad that it ended prematurely. 

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, Jazzmom said:

Erin is my favorite but I really don’t know how she dances.  She looks the part and I feel made the biggest comeback of last season. 

I agree.  Erin went from my "I don't really notice her" list to my #3 favorite rookie.  #2 is Caroline, and I'll make everybody guess who was #1 😛

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Jazzmom said:

Kitty’s opinions should no longer matter after her VK assessment.

Exactly so!!

I am floored that Kitty would trash her whole “tell it as it is”/badass/ruthless reputation on someone with VK’s obvious flaws.

Her credibility is gone when she is either completely blind, or hopelessly compromised.

Her statement last year about VK deserving the time and respect to lose the weight (in the Nick Flores episode) is truly mind blowing when she would cut *current* DCC with far more ability for so much less.

She’s a bitter old troll whose opinion can be bought and is therefore meaningless

#GoAwayFishwifeKitty

#DeadToMe

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
12 hours ago, Tulip86 said:

I love that there's no clear point girl frontrunner. There are even a few second-year girls who could be contenders. This should be interesting! With all of the VK-drama and the handfull of open spots this would be a great storyline.

Me too. I’d be okay with Heather/Maddie/lauren/AmyorTess Diamond. Not really Maddie fan but does she deserve being demoted considered whose left? 

also would love for Kelli to just throw out this scraggly bunch of upper vets and do a whole new Bridget/Carolyn/jalyn/RachelW Diamond. Would say  Daphne but she looks ill. 

Also while we’re at y’all are delusional if you think Savannah stands a chance of getting cut. 

• Love 3

Maddie and Amy both are very cute and seem like lovely people, but I just can’t picture either of them at point. I didn’t love Jenn K at point either, but she was a strong, stable leader and has a pretty face.  And Kash had the sparkle factor and leadership.  

I guess I always want it to be a glamour girl who is also a fabulous dancer, and there aren’t always great options in the senior vets. 

• Love 4
On 5/28/2019 at 4:45 PM, HookEmHorns said:

On the topic of Gina, I honestly think a lot of us jumped to an extreme conclusion about her character based on one quick conversation. Maybe she was looking out for herself when she was first in TC, but it’s abundantly clear that isn’t the case anymore. She quickly corrected her behavior in TC and made friends. She seems to be invited to any social outing involving DCC girls, plus I don’t think there is a single teammate more supportive on social media. She is always commenting encouraging and uplifting things on not only her teammates’ posts but other women who’ve auditioned/are auditioning.

I think it’s time to give her a break and recognize what the entire organization clearly sees in her. I can’t imagine what it’s like to make a bad first impression under incredibly stressful circumstances and then have it branded on you by a loyal fan base for your entire career, despite your accomplishments and personal improvement. I’m Team Gina and I hope her hard work and talent is recognized. 

"We" rail against TPTB for making it seems like all of the girls have to be BFFs, but when one girl maybe isn't, she's villianized as being the 'mean girl'. We're a fickle bunch we are. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

"We" rail against TPTB for making it seems like all of the girls have to be BFFs, but when one girl maybe isn't, she's villianized as being the 'mean girl'. We're a fickle bunch we are. 

We're also very bored in between seasons:)

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

You would actually have to have 8 girls with that ability cause it's the GL's who call the dances, and their second has to be able to do it as well, but that's when they are in their corners during a game.  I honestly can't think of when point has to call a dance?? 

And based on everything that has been said over the past two years, the ability to be a leader plays into point as well.

Aw gee somehow I merged 3 episodes of the show with a Kashara reference into just one scene.  Thanks for clearing up my brain on this.

• LOL 1
4 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

Aw gee somehow I merged 3 episodes of the show with a Kashara reference into just one scene.  Thanks for clearing up my brain on this.

I wish I could have merged 3 eps of the show with a VK reference into just one scene:)

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
(edited)
10 minutes ago, Jennv said:

My bet is they give point to Maddie, with Heather and Amy on either side. 

I have a sick fantasy of them giving VK the point position just so I can witness the fallout. Hair extensions being pulled out, boots flying ...

Edited by BringItOn
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

Didn’t VK audition for “So You Think You Can Dance”? That show starts its run on Monday, June 3. I wonder if we’ll get to see her audition. (Or how many times she pushes herself in front of the cameras...)

• Love 4
On 5/23/2019 at 9:33 PM, sleepyjean said:

Does anyone know if there is an issue between the DCC and the Kilgore Rangerettes? It seems like every year (just like this year) there are one or two Rangerettes that make finals. Several Rangerettes have gone on to become DCC and I never see any mention of it on the Rangerettes social media. Why aren't the Rangerettes showing their pride in this? I see mentions of other college teams Rangerettes go to, but no mention of the pros. This seems strange.

The social media accounts for the current team are run by a different SM manager each year, so in some cases they may not know or be aware of former Rangerettes that are trying out for DCC. 

10 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Ladies and gentlemen we are two days away from finals interviews, and three days to finals solos and field routine. I hope we not in for a long drawn out TC like we were last year. I think we need to start stocking up on alcohol (no I do not drink myself,) chocolate, ice cream, popcorn, soft drinks, and a soft pillow in case we get the sudden feeling to beat our heads against the wall or our computer keyboard.

Well, I have half of what I need to make Washington Apple shots, but some would consider the whiskey and the sour apple schnapps to be the most important part.  Is it wrong of me to have had the same (unopened) bottle of whiskey for at least 3-5 years?  I also have several pints of Ben & Jerry's chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream in the fridge if I need a bit of cheering up but don't want to be sloshed out of my head after two shots (yes, I'm a light drinker).

1 hour ago, Pj3422 said:

Didn’t VK audition for “So You Think You Can Dance”? That show starts its run on Monday, June 3. I wonder if we’ll get to see her audition. (Or how many times she pushes herself in front of the cameras...)

I'm hoping we DON'T see her audition.  If that's the case, I'm sure those in the northern parts of Alaska and New England as well as Key West will hear Tina screaming about how AMAZING her daughter is and why didn't those no-talent hacks see that?

BTW, did anyone else see the story about Justice Moore (in Dance Magazine)?  She's from Allen Texas and trained at both Next Step Dance and Academy of Dance Arts.  Andy Blankenbuehler taught a master class at one of the studios Moore trained at and, back on June 13, 2016, he cast Justice in the Chicago production of Hamilton.  At 19.  Blankenbuehler said that "she has a maturity and work integrity far beyond her years".  She must be pretty dang good to have started in Hamilton in Chicago but also did the tours and is now headed to Broadway at 21.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Jennv said:

Well Emma was on the triangle one season and when the point position became available the next, they kept her in the same position instead. Freaking Emma. Same with Lacey. If neither of these dancers made it to point, I don’t see why Maddie would.

I also want to point out how unfair it was that they were hiding Jinelle presumably because of her looks, because I definitely think she has more “dcc glam” than Maddie.

• Love 10
10 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Well Emma was on the triangle one season and when the point position became available the next, they kept her in the same position instead. Freaking Emma. Same with Lacey. If neither of these dancers made it to point, I don’t see why Maddie would.

I also want to point out how unfair it was that they were hiding Jinelle presumably because of her looks, because I definitely think she has more “dcc glam” than Maddie.

I wonder if Maddie even wants point.  She may be fine with her current position.

• Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, Pj3422 said:

1 hour ago, EricaShadows said:

I'm hoping we DON'T see her audition.  If that's the case, I'm sure those in the northern parts of Alaska and New England as well as Key West will hear Tina screaming about how AMAZING her daughter is and why didn't those no-talent hacks see that?

She supposedly chose not to do SYTYCD (even though there were videos (instastories) of her being interviewed at the tryouts) because she couldn't do that and tryout for DCC this year.

ETA: some of the discussion from the speculations thread around the time SYTYCD tryouts were going on in Dallas:

Screenshot_2019-05-29-23-56-24.png

Edited by hannahbanana
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Yes, cause it was Emma in the triangle with Mia and Jackie the previous year, right?  I thought both Holly and Emma were great dancers.

And jacie that year.  I don’t think anyone guessed holly a. 

4 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

Totally agree. Jinelle was definitely more dcc glam than Maddie and just as good in the dcc style 

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, PhilForPoint said:

Totally agree. Jinelle was definitely more dcc glam than Maddie and just as good in the dcc style 

Picking Maddie was also a bold statement that good girls who stay out of trouble get rewarded. Still don’t think she is triangle worthy but hey. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
9 hours ago, Pinknblue said:

Exactly so!!

I am floored that Kitty would trash her whole “tell it as it is”/badass/ruthless reputation on someone with VK’s obvious flaws.

Her credibility is gone when she is either completely blind, or hopelessly compromised.

Her statement last year about VK deserving the time and respect to lose the weight (in the Nick Flores episode) is truly mind blowing when she would cut *current* DCC with far more ability for so much less.

She’s a bitter old troll whose opinion can be bought and is therefore meaningless

#GoAwayFishwifeKitty

#DeadToMe

You are my new best friend.  ^^^ is everything!

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, BringItOn said:

Then you should get your fill of snarkiness 🙂 hehe

• Love 1

I don't think Gina is "ugly" but I still hold my opinion that I do not care for her look and doesn't have the look for point.  There is something harsh about her look and I don't care what kind of nose job she got, or makeup tricks she uses...she still looks like a Paris Hilton wannabe (and who would want to be that?).  Triangle...ehh maybe...point...no.   Nor do I care for  her "over the top" dance style. They are meant to look like a team and her extra-ness just draws eyes to her and not the team as a whole.  Maybe that's her plan, who knows?  Heather...when she made the team, she wasn't a fave in looks for me either, but she grew on me and I now think she's one of the most "natural" looking beauties on the squad (whether it has been a natural or enhanced evolution, it's worked).  I would love to see her or Maddie get point.  I don't think they'll move Maddie from her spot though.  Amy is cute, so there's no reason why she shouldn't make triangle,  Heather, Maddie, and Amy is who I see as the potential triangle... BUT  I have said this before, my opinion and 5$ buys my Starbucks...that's what it is worth 😉   

8 hours ago, Jennv said:

I like your thoughts 🙂

• Love 6
10 hours ago, ByTor said:

I agree.  Erin went from my "I don't really notice her" list to my #3 favorite rookie.  #2 is Caroline, and I'll make everybody guess who was #1 😛

Brennan, Bridget and Briana are mine 🙂 

• Love 1
(edited)

Whoever is at point can’t see the rest of the team because (for the most part) they are behind her. It seems like that person needs to be confident enough to dance without the “need” or “comfort” of being able to match tempo, etc with other girls. Not to say they don’t know the routine, there’s just something about being able to see, even peripherally, that you are all in synch that gives a little more... confidence? For some people, feeling like you’re all alone can be a little unnerving. I’m not explaining this very well, but hopefully it makes sense. Maybe that’s something K&J take into consideration as well. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Edited by suebee18
  • Love 9
7 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

She supposedly chose not to do SYTYCD (even though there were videos (instastories) of her being interviewed at the tryouts) because she couldn't do that and tryout for DCC this year.

Supposedly choosing NOT to do something is completely different than being told that you're cut.  It's more than likely she got cut because she didn't advance than she DID advance and bowed out because of a scheduling conflict with DCC auditions/Training Camp.  SYTYCD would be a better experience because it would challenge her and force her to expand her dance skills if she had actually made it to the show, but then she'd have to face the chance that she could get cut at any moment and she wouldn't have been guaranteed ANYTHING, much less a spot on the main show. 

We've seen that Victoria doesn't seem to try ANYTHING new dance-wise until forced to, as in staying with her main style of dance until auditions are only a month or so away and only THEN does she take prep classes.  If she were forced to do anything other than lyrical/contemporary and power pom, would she fail miserably or would she realize that "hey, this is something I actually like/could do?"

We've also seen that Tina (and both Victoria and Kelli, but only to a degree with Kelli) have bought into the "Victoria is an amazing gift to both the dance world and the DCC" idea,

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
17 hours ago, Kayce said:

I saw that (claps!!)

I think she is.  Well I think she is putting some tap into.  If you pay attention closely to her movement before she does the spin, it looks like she is tapping.  At least thats how it looked to me.

• Love 2