Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

On 5/29/2019 at 8:26 AM, Kayce said:

My thoughts too....and at least Jenna and Mia had the look for point...Gina does not. 

THIS.  I have no idea if she is sweet and supportive or fake, but poor girl has a face for radio. Not someone you want front and center in all the formation photos. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Yeah, she seems like the obvious choice. Young, not prone to injury, and naturally skinny.

Lacey's IG story today showed her packing up all her DCC stuff to give back. It was sad to see.

I believe I heard on a podcast that they have to give everything back every year though.

I would love to see Lacey continue as an All Star and fill in when needed during games.

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, Txmomof2 said:

Is she injured? This is implied by the sentence 'God has made the decision'. Why and in which direction did God tug at her heart when she was injured?

2 minutes ago, Pau84 said:

Is she injured? This is implied by the sentence 'God has made the decision'. Why and in which direction did God tug at her heart when she was injured?

Sadly, yea. Hamstring injury 😪

14 minutes ago, Pau84 said:

I find it interesting that she made the decision two days before finals. I wonder if she had a feeling she wouldn’t make it for some reason. I wish her the best of luck in whatever path she chooses. 

13 minutes ago, loveaux said:

Sadly, yea. Hamstring injury 😪

I thought she recovered from that. Sad but I’m sure she has a bright future ahead 

6 minutes ago, Cruisegirl said:

I find it interesting that she made the decision two days before finals. I wonder if she had a feeling she wouldn’t make it for some reason. I wish her the best of luck in whatever path she chooses. 

I thought she recovered from that. Sad but I’m sure she has a bright future ahead 

Maybe she just wanted to go on the calendar shoot?  But in all seriousness I hope she is ok and wish her well!  She is a favorite of mine and I will absolutely miss her!  😢

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, KatieC said:

Maybe she just wanted to go on the calendar shoot?  But in all seriousness I hope she is ok and wish her well!  She is a favorite of mine and I will absolutely miss her!  😢

If she acted like her injury was fine in order to try out again and go on the calendar shoot, then TPTB would not be too happy.

16 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

If she acted like her injury was fine in order to try out again and go on the calendar shoot, then TPTB would not be too happy.

she might have been just testing the waters w. her injury to see if it was getting any worse or getting any better. some days your injuries feel like they're 100% healed until you do something that reminds you that you're hurt, other days you know the pain is there. she might not have gotten cleared 100% from her doctor or just didn't want to take the chance to hurt the same hamstring or something worse.

that's all coming from my experience of having a hamstring injury and what i personally went through, so it's not 100%, but it's just kind of what i'm thinking. i doubt she was on the calendar shoot like 'yea i'm totally 10000000% fine!!!', knowing that she was still hurt in some shape or form

• Love 13
1 minute ago, loveaux said:

she might have been just testing the waters w. her injury to see if it was getting any worse or getting any better. some days your injuries feel like they're 100% healed until you do something that reminds you that you're hurt, other days you know the pain is there. she might not have gotten cleared 100% from her doctor or just didn't want to take the chance to hurt the same hamstring or something worse.

that's all coming from my experience of having a hamstring injury and what i personally went through, so it's not 100%, but it's just kind of what i'm thinking. i doubt she was on the calendar shoot like 'yea i'm totally 10000000% fine!!!', knowing that she was still hurt in some shape or form

My guess is that is most likely the case. I was joking about calendar shoot. She doesn’t seem the type that would do that. My guess is that as she continued to prepare for finals and another season she realized her injury was going to hold her back. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, bigskygirl said:

I bet Victoria, Malena and Kristin are happy right now because one more spot has open up.

Tina: "Now my baby FOR SURE has a spot on the team, right Kelli??? Right Charlotte????? RIGHT JUDY???????"

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
Just now, KaterynParr said:

We know what Kitty would say ... 

"I believe she's more than capable and the best dancer in this group of rookies. A sticker for my approval, she'll be the best DCC in the whole entire land."

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, loveaux said:

"I believe she's more than capable and the best dancer in this group of rookies. A sticker for my approval, she'll be the best DCC in the whole entire land."

"Have some RESPECT!" 

• LOL 7
9 hours ago, Kayce said:

I think Jinelle is gorgeous...and KaShara...well she's my fave DCC ever...and Lacey was the epitome of what DCC should be. 

I agree with 2 out of 3 😘

• LOL 6

😭 Damn. I'll miss Lauren. She was sweet, smart, funny, supportive. Her abs made me want to eat better (but I didn't). Total loss for the team, but her future will be awesome! 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Pau84 said:

It wasn't implied, her post said "After an injury last season and feeling the Lord so strongly tug at my heart, the decision to close the door on my time on the field comes with a heart overflowing with gratitude. "

• Love 3
(edited)

I'm sad to see Lauren go, but injuries are no joke. You think you're fine and then bam---and some injuries do reoccur more often after the initial time. I hurt my back ages ago---I was 15 or 16 years old---and every so often I'll do something and I can't walk right for 3 weeks. It sucks. I wish her the best, she'll truly be missed! 

Edited by Loves2Dance
  • Love 8
7 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

I'm sad to see Lauren go, but injuries can be no joke. You think you're fine and then bam---and some injuries do reoccur more often after the initial time. I hurt my back ages ago---I was 15 or 16 years old---and every so often I'll do something and I can't walk right for 3 weeks. It sucks. I wish her the best, she'll truly be missed! 

I know this all too well.  I partially tore my right knee's meniscus.   But dancers are taught to move through pain so I kept going and then did a move I had no business doing and tore the rest of it.   It's an incredibly hard pill to swallow when you finally realize the injury needs help.  I had arthroscopic surgery and it still didn't fix the problem. 

That's when your heart sinks and your dreams die.

• Love 2

Lauren is wise to retire, instead of spending the entire season fighting through an injury, and possibly doing permanent injury with life long consequences.      I wish her the best, and will definitely miss her.   

• Love 7
Just now, go4luca said:

I know this all too well.  I partially tore my right knee's meniscus.   But dancers are taught to move through pain so I kept going and then did a move I had no business doing and tore the rest of it.   It's an incredibly hard pill to swallow when you finally realize the injury needs help.  I had arthroscopic surgery and it still didn't fix the problem. 

That's when your heart sinks and your dreams die.

wheeeeew tell me about it. this just brought back all my dance memories and seeing some of my friends get completely knocked out of the dance world because of a permanent, career ending injury.

not to mention one teacher who told us that if you don't dance through an injury you're weak and have terrible work ethic 🙄 bless her soul.

• Love 1

I wonder if the situation with the DMD will be brought up in panel interviews, or if Charlotte will not want to poke the bear.  Also, Taylor T had better bring it!  I can just see K&J addressing last season's media training.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Muckypup61 said:

Crap, crap, crap, crap, crap. Goodbye, Lauren; and good luck with all your future endeavors.

DCC Lauren2.jpg

She needs to come back, if only to get another cameo, because this one is SO, so, so terrible. 

Lauren is my absolute fave and I’m so sad she’s retiring. 

• Love 3

A friend in Dallas said that Lauren has had issues practicing for auditions due to her hamstring injury still flaring up and it was decided not to take a chance with her re-injuring herself and possibly causing permanent damage.

Going to miss her on the show!

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I wonder if the situation with the DMD will be brought up in panel interviews, or if Charlotte will not want to poke the bear.  Also, Taylor T had better bring it!  I can just see K&J addressing last season's media training.

My guess is that she will be asked about it or something related in panel interviews tomorrow.

9 minutes ago, Squeek said:

A friend in Dallas said that Lauren has had issues practicing for auditions due to her hamstring injury still flaring up and it was decided not to take a chance with her re-injuring herself and possibly causing permanent damage.

Going to miss her on the show!

Can you imagine going full out for kick line and splits???😬   

4 hours ago, dccfan33 said:

Just saw on Instagram where Lauren has decided to retire as well 😥

It's unfortunate that she was injured and I hope she recovers full and quickly. However, it's an ill wind that blows no good. Lauren had two good years on the team and now she opens up another spot for someone else to do the same.

• Love 3

I was scrolling through FB, saw this, and it made me think of all those dancers with something “extra” andcthe previous point discussion: https://www.facebook.com/glozell/videos/2264301160254640?s=2709529&v=e&sfns=mo

• LOL 1
7 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

The video. Kelli and Charlotte seem to suck the brain cells out of the poor girl.

Omg I love Gina in this video!!! She is so cute and relatable. And I could watch her do contemporary all day long. Wish I could see her full solo each year at finals!

• Love 8

As far as the point conversation goes, you never know who is going to rise to the occasion when they're put in that position. Take Kashara for example. If someone predicted on here that Kash would get point the season BEFORE she got it, I think a lot of people would've thought you were crazy. She rose to the occasion, not only dance-wise but leadership-wise, when the team really needed her. Whoever gets point, I hope the new responsibility enhances her instead of swallowing her up.

• Love 10

WOW....Got out of work and was prepared to happily read y'all's thoughts on potential candidates. But to come on here and see Lauren is retiring? What the heck. Genuinely a huge loss for the team and this whole organization IMHO. 😥

Don't wanna add to much as I feel there isn't much to say that hasn't already been said, but I am saddened to see such a mature, bright and incredibly gifted dancer leave the DCC so early. I personally would've liked to see her stay on for at least 4 years (who knows, maybe get point at one point), but I really do respect that she put her health first and is leaving on good terms. Thank you, Lauren.

So, with yet another spot opening up I guess I too am going to become resigned to the fact that Victoria WILL be making the squad this year. So.....what do you think her position in the triangle will be?

• Love 3
6 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Lauren had two good years on the team and now she opens up another spot for someone else to do the same  Victoria.

Fixed that for you 😉

• LOL 11
  • Love 1

I was so sad to read Lauren's retirement announcement on her IG 😞  She was a shining star on that team...but kudos to her for listening to her body, mind and heart.  I'll miss seeing her because she had a million watt smile that just lit the screen up when she was on it 🙂 

The video with Gina...nope...still not impressed.... all I can say is "meh"  but she does come across more mature and WAY less whiny voiced in the video than she does now as a DCC.  Maybe all the bleach to her hair has messed with her brain cells.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

Never in my adult life did I imagine myself thinking it appropriate to use Malena's  exit lines, but after waking up to the news of Lauren's retirement, here goes, and I quote: "don't - no -- no, no, no, no, no -- please no....."

Take care of yourself Lauren -- it has been a joy watching you -- you're a fan favorite but have so much else going on in your life your DCC tenure will be a pleasant (I hope!) memory and not the defining high point of your existence.  The honor and privilege has been all ours!

• Love 16
3 minutes ago, Christineelgene said:

With Lauren’s retirement, that leaves 6 open Show Group slots, by my count.

I'm sure Kelli is thrilled -- will make it easier to justify putting VK on show group.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Isolabella said:

Omg I love Gina in this video!!! She is so cute and relatable. And I could watch her do contemporary all day long. Wish I could see her full solo each year at finals!

She looks amazing! She looks pretty and more natural, I think her body looks a little better here with a couple more pounds too. And now I see what VK tries to do with contemporary, Gina could dance circles around her. 

• Love 9