Drogo
  • Start Topic

10 hours ago, Law Mom said:

Ashley Hancock (OKC Thundergirl)

Brianna Shea (Kilgore Rangerettes)

Cassiday Kay  (Kilgore Rangerettes)

Emily Shymkiw  (Kilgore Rangerettes)

Gracie Blanchard (Arkansas Pom Squad)

Kristen Dodd (U of New Mexico Dance Team)

Lisa Mills  (Arkansas Pom Squad)

Meredith Madden (Dance major, U of South Carolina)

Raven Elise Anzaldua (UTA Dance Team)

Sheridan Donevant (TCU Showgirls)

Tiffany Taliaferro (Houston Texans)

Raven was an AAIA for 2 (separate) seasons.

3 hours ago, Kayce said:

I wonder how old this picture is? It looks almost like it could be her tryouts for UK's dance team.

It’s from Jen A’s prep class, where they did a run through of the audition day. 

10 hours ago, Law Mom said:

Ashley Hancock (OKC Thundergirl)

Brianna Shea (Kilgore Rangerettes)

Cassiday Kay  (Kilgore Rangerettes)

Emily Shymkiw  (Kilgore Rangerettes)

Gracie Blanchard (Arkansas Pom Squad)

Kristen Dodd (U of New Mexico Dance Team)

Lisa Mills  (Arkansas Pom Squad)

Meredith Madden (Dance major, U of South Carolina)

Raven Elise Anzaldua (UTA Dance Team)

Sheridan Donevant (TCU Showgirls)

Tiffany Taliaferro (Houston Texans)

Tiffany wasn’t a Houston Texans she auditioned for them last year but never made the team 

(edited)
1 hour ago, TUOwl84 said:

It’s from Jen A’s prep class, where they did a run through of the audition day. 

Ahhhh...Ok 🙂 thank you! I just didn't pay attention to the kickline picture.

3 minutes ago, Cowboysfan16 said:

I’m on Team Lily. I hope she brings it! 👏🏻

I hope she does too 🙂 I like Lily !

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, Cowboysfan16 said:

Me too, out of all the returning girls she is the one I'm hoping makes it this year.  

• Love 7
14 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

On one page of the Former DCC thread that was deleted, there was a post from someone showing pics of the Kilgore Rangerettes that have gone on to become a DCC.  Does anyone remember this?  Or who posted it?  I assumed it was from something Kilgore posted.

I think Emma & Rachel, I don't know who else. 

14 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

On one page of the Former DCC thread that was deleted, there was a post from someone showing pics of the Kilgore Rangerettes that have gone on to become a DCC.  Does anyone remember this?  Or who posted it?  I assumed it was from something Kilgore posted.

21 minutes ago, Cowboysfan16 said:

I'm rooting for Lily too! 😊 I think she has all it takes to make an incredible DCC IMO! Was rewatching Season 3 today and Lily reminds me so much of Jordan Chanley!! I remember thinking the same thing last year too! 

• Love 5

Would it be possible for those capable 😂 to post any of the videos that they see on Insta or Twitter etc of the solos (for those of us who are incapable or don't have them!) on the thread or would that be to difficult or clog it up too much?

Thanks in anticipation xx

• Love 2
(edited)
40 minutes ago, mmm said:

I know Merdith Oden, Robin, and Cassie Kathleen I believe.

Miranda James Parker who auditoned numerous times was one too. Also Lauren Gibler.

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

I know Merdith Oden, Robin, and Cassie Kathleen I believe.

Miranda James Parker who auditoned numerous times was one too. Also Lauren Gibler.

Only Red headed Rangerettes allowed !!! Hahahaha 

• LOL 1
16 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Does anyone know if there is an issue between the DCC and the Kilgore Rangerettes? It seems like every year (just like this year) there are one or two Rangerettes that make finals. Several Rangerettes have gone on to become DCC and I never see any mention of it on the Rangerettes social media. Why aren't the Rangerettes showing their pride in this? I see mentions of other college teams Rangerettes go to, but no mention of the pros. This seems strange.

They did post last year when Lindsey Witt made finals, but didn’t when Amber made the team. I wonder if they only post if the girl is a current sophomore/recent KC grad. I think the most recent this year is Lauren Ligon who just left TCU.

The assistant director’s daughter also attended prep class this spring so I would be surprised if there’s any bad blood. It does seem weird though!

This is hard because I don't think the more senior girls on the team are the strongest dancers on the team. I've changed this pyramid like 10 times. I am putting Heather at point because she is beautiful, has seniority, and is a great ambassador. However, I don't know if she's powerful enough of a dancer so there's a good chance she won't be there. I have Tess in the second row mainly because of seniority. Gina because she's an amazing dancer. I don't know if Amy in the 3rd row is realistic, being that she's the most senior vet. However, she's certainly not the most powerful. I think Heather, Tess, and Amy up front would be a mistake. I put Lauren there because I think she's great and Maddie because they love her.       

Heather

Tess          Gina

Amy         Lauren          Maddie

• Love 1

Those first three rows are indeed hard (and that is why I wanted to start the speculation). K&J love Gina's and Maddie's dancing so I'm predicting one of them will be the point even though "the point girl look" is not there. Although I adore Gina's dancing, I think it's not her time to even be in the "top three" (especially if she is not retiring after this season). I would prefer them to go with Amy or Heather to respect senioirity and for more graceful "Holly A" type of presence. They usually love to put tall girls behind the point girl so I would be surprised if Tess isn't where I placed her. "The last place" will be either for Lauren, Lexie or Alexis in the third row.

- Crazy DCC fan from Finland

• Love 2

Based on seniority and leadership experience, the obvious group leaders would be Amy, Maddie, Tess and Heather (Gina may become as a surprise... I hope not). Who will be the 2nd leaders though? I would like to see Lexie, Lauren, Gina and Alexis.

• Love 2
(edited)

Naturally, I cannot find the most recent photo that I attached.  I found this one from 2014; the only ones missing are Robin and Amber.  The social media pages for the Rangerettes are for what's happening real-time.  As an outgoing Sophomore makes another team, it will be posted.  The Alumni Rangerette pages are where we can see which girls went on to be pro or semi pro dancers.  (We've had a LOT!)  So far, I'm aware of 4 former Rangerettes that are in Finals:  Brianna, Cassidy, Emily and Lauren.  (Robin, Amber, Cassidy, Emily and Lauren were Swingsters--Kilgore's "Show Group"; and Lauren was a Lieutenant.)

1 Rgt to DCC 2014 - 30 - Copy.jpg

1 Rgt to DCC Robin.jpg

1 Rgt to DCC Amber.jpg

Brianna 3-29-19 - Copy.jpg

Cassidy Hale - Copy.jpg

Emily Shymkiw 2 - Copy.jpg

Lauren Ligon - Copy.jpg

Edited by Tootie
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
37 minutes ago, Sagwa5 said:

Based on seniority and leadership experience, the obvious group leaders would be Amy, Maddie, Tess and Heather (Gina may become as a surprise... I hope not). Who will be the 2nd leaders though? I would like to see Lexie, Lauren, Gina and Alexis.

Same choices as you 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Tootie said:

Naturally, I cannot find the most recent photo that I attached.  I found this one from 2014; the only ones missing are Robin and Amber.  The social media pages for the Rangerettes are for what's happening real-time.  As an outgoing Sophomore makes another team, it will be posted.  The Alumni Rangerette pages are where we can see which girls went on to be pro or semi pro dancers.  (We've had a LOT!)  So far, I'm aware of 4 former Rangerettes that are in Finals:  Brianna, Cassidy, Emily and Lauren.  (Robin, Amber, Cassidy, Emily and Lauren were Swingsters--Kilgore's "Show Group"; and Lauren was a Lieutenant.)

Thank you! This was very informative. I had a long list, but not quite that long. Every year I make a point of going to the finalists' college dance team pages to see if there has been a mention of their alumnae making finals or training camp or the team (or other teams like stars or mavs). I don't know that I've ever seen it on the rangerettes IG or Facebook, but I could be wrong about that. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I’m guessing Miranda will be a 2nd group leader, based on how she was helping with the podcast and live Facebook videos last season. I think she’s a favorite?  (Not my favorite, just an observation)

Edited by Stee

A tough prediction to make but a fun challenge! Speaking of, I'd really love to see K & J conferencing about forming groups and assigning spots in the triangle. There must be so many factors that go into that, and I think it would be an interesting new aspect to show now that we're more than a dozen years in. As for my prediction, here goes:

Heather

Maddie        Gina

Lexie       Tess        Bridget

Daphne     Lauren      Jaylyn      Caroline

Heather made it to point position in this in part by process of elimination for me: I think Maddie lacks the DCC "photogenics" in her face and figure--she often looks so young and more cutsey than pretty, and sometimes not all that cute with her smile, and her weight seems to fluctuate. I would be shocked if K & J chose her for front and center and the most photographed position, but they love her beyond measure and I was totally shocked when she made it into the triangle last year, largely because of the factors named above. But she's a darling of the PTB so I don't see her getting demoted from the triangle, especially because I haven't heard of any infractions or problems. As for Gina, I think she is more DCC "pretty" than Maddie, in that she's got the blond hair (with those horrid extensions that I. WISH. THEY. WOULD. CUT. OUT.), big boobs, and more reliably trim (though I also think that she could use about 3-5 pounds). However, I did not pick Gina for point over Heather for two main reasons: 1) she rushes her moves sometimes and I spot her moving a bit out of synch with her group too often (which, really, at point, should not happen at all), and 2) I think she has much to learn still about leadership and team dynamics. She may be playing a good game, but I do think she's learned and grown a good bit in her two years on the squad, but I think she needs a year at least as a second leader before she should be given the privilege and responsibility of leading the team on and off the field. Now, Heather, on the other hand, is beautiful, her dancing has become much more powerful, she is precise with the moves, has more experience with all the field work and choreography, clearly is so admired by her teammates (Rookie of the Year and Vet of the Year), and has a rocking body that always looks crazy fit but also healthy.

That was kind of a long explanation so I think I'll leave it there with the front triangle, and just say that the others I picked based on their performances last year and (with the exception of Tess) their prominence in the triangle last season. 

• Love 7

I do not think Heather will be point.  Or Amy.  I have no inside (or outside) knowledge on which to base my opinions.  

I like Gina for point.  I don't think Jaylyn will be way back on the 4th row either.

I don't know about Maddie.  Hard to figure.

• Love 2

I think Gina will get point, Maddie & Amy will be in the 2nd row with Heather behind Gina, Daphne to her right, Bridget to the left. 

Gina

Maddie         Amy

Daphne       Heather    Bridget

• Love 1
10 hours ago, PhoebeKelly1992 said:

I'm rooting for Lily too! 😊 I think she has all it takes to make an incredible DCC IMO! Was rewatching Season 3 today and Lily reminds me so much of Jordan Chanley!! I remember thinking the same thing last year too! 

❤️❤️❤️ Jordan Chanley Tabor! 

• Love 2
58 minutes ago, McKinezeInFloMnd said:

Question....what returning vets could be in jeopardy of not making it back into TC?

Maybe Christina if she doesn’t bring it at finals 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

I think Gina will get point, Maddie & Amy will be in the 2nd row with Heather behind Gina, Daphne to her right, Bridget to the left. 

Gina

Maddie         Amy

Daphne       Heather    Bridget

This makes sense to me, although I’d prefer Heather at point. Tess May end up in your Daphne spot. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I think this is @shainagrace.  Someone tagged her in a video on Twitter.  She used to be blonde, but in her most recent photos she has red hair.  Also, she was an LSU Golden Girl (with Tess)... they are used to wearing those high cut leotards which might explain the choice in audition attire! 

Shaina Grace prelims.jpg

Shaina Grace LSU GG.jpg

Shaina Grace outfit.jpg

2019-05-20 (13) - Copy.png

Edited by Tootie
  • Love 2

Speaking of "audition attire"....  did anyone else notice that there are two girls wearing this outfit?!  I think both of them made it to finals--it kinda looks like the blonde standing behind Jasmine and Ally (AAIA).   (I'm not 100% sure though)

same outfit - Copy.jpg

blonde 2.jpg

3 hours ago, McKinezeInFloMnd said:

Question....what returning vets could be in jeopardy of not making it back into TC?

Daphne, Brennan, Hannah. They just don't have the look. With the current candidates as alternative, the squad quality would be much more towards the 2011/2012 squad, which is the golden standard if you ask me. There isn't a whole lot Daphne, Brennan and Hannah can do about this I'm afraid, which is unfair. 

• Love 2

I thinks it will be:

Point: Amy or Heather 

2nd row: Maddie and Amy/Heather

3rd Row: Gina, Tess, and Lexie

I like Miranda but showgroup is in the triangle. I think  Daphne,  Hannah, Jayln and Bridget will be in row 4

• Love 2
9 hours ago, McKinezeInFloMnd said:

The one person who sticks in my mind as might be in jeopardy is Christina and people are sick of me saying why I think so.

9 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Maybe Christina if she doesn’t bring it at finals 

I agree.

8 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Or Savannah

Savannah may be in trouble after what was shown last year (and she's second on my list) and the fact that there's a new rookie of the year.  However, I'm not 100% that she's up for being cut.  I used to think that a lot more went into being cut, but now I think it's just how Kelli's feeling that day (and if she thinks enough people will challenge Victoria for a spot).

6 hours ago, loveaux said:

Y’all know ding dang on well Kelli is not getting rid of her token red head and Mrs. Preserverance. 

Amy Simone could well have challenges Christina for the title of "Mrs. Perserverance" yet never made the squad and Brennan also could challenge her so there's that.  There's also a red-head in Finals, Hannah, and others so Kelli has plenty of red-headed girls to choose from so neither persevering nor being a redhead will save either of those two if Kelli decides they should go.

6 hours ago, Pau84 said:

Daphne, Brennan, Hannah. They just don't have the look. With the current candidates as alternative, the squad quality would be much more towards the 2011/2012 squad, which is the golden standard if you ask me. There isn't a whole lot Daphne, Brennan and Hannah can do about this I'm afraid, which is unfair. 

Daphne holds her own dance-wise, but she's too thin for my liking.  If she gains some weight back, she should be fine, but I DO wonder if Kelli will hold her to the "new" weight.  If that's the case, Daphne would be better off just leaving.  However, I don't think she's at risk for being cut.  The only thing that's preventing Brennan from having the entire look are her eyes and she can't help that, but she's solid otherwise and I think she'll have a good chance of staying (possibly, hopefully, staying over Christina).  Hannah is gorgeous but can also look severe in pictures at times.  I do think that whoever's choosing photographs for her isn't choosing the right ones because there have been several where she's breathtaking and others that look like a booking photo after she's been arrested.  Still, I get your point about looks.  However, Kelli SHOULD be taking other things into account at Finals, but we all know that she'd do almost anything to get Victoria onto the squad and that includes cutting whoever she can to do so.

• Love 8

It’s interesting how many think that Hannah and Daphne won’t make it back,  other than Olivia S, have there every been Show Group members who did not make it back?  

IMO unless either of them has committed some serious infraction, or screw up their panel interview, they will be back.  There are plenty of vets who are not in the same league as Daphne and Hannah.

• Love 16

Hannah and Erica were both cut during TC, and they were in SG. One year vet Allyssa was in SG, and she was cut during finals in Season 7. Being a SG member the season before does not save you from being cut.

I guess I thought that finals were today--I always thought they were 1 week after prelims and semis, and that the interviews were the next Friday and solos, kickline, and combo were that Saturday. But there's no discussion here or anything on DCC Twitter, so...when are finals happening? 🤔

I know almost nothing about most of the finalists who are not DCCs already or were in training camp last year, but I am rooting for Gabby's former teammate at ASU, mostly because I think she's beautiful and I think the other ASU pom line ladies (Megan C., Heather O., and Gabby) are lovely and talented. And because it's more fun if you have someone to cheer for. I am not excited that Taylor T is back this year, and I think her face looks strangely fuller--I almost didn't recognize her. I will never be over her not knowing what the Me Too movement is. Lily is very pretty and seems so sweet, but I think there's something awkward about how she holds her head and body sometimes. I noticed it last season in some episodes and then in the photos posted upthread. I would be happy to see her bring that extra spark, stop rushing her counts, and shine this year. VK, I won't even go there, but I am not pulling for her--unless it's to go home or just be off camera. I liked a lot about Kristin last year, but I agree that she does not look like she's come back in the same shape as she was last year and I think that will be detrimental to her in finals or in training camp. I don't think she'll make the team with so few spots available, but I would be happy for her if she did. As for Malena, I don't even see how she would make it to training camp--expect that she was a Kelli favorite and they always take 8-10 folks to cut. She seems sweet but is so blah to me in all her talking heads (unless she was melting down, and then she seemed like a train wreck) and I don't care for her dancing or poor memory at all. I hope they don't string her along but suspect they might. Bless her heart. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, M1977G said:

I guess I thought that finals were today--I always thought they were 1 week after prelims and semis, and that the interviews were the next Friday and solos, kickline, and combo were that Saturday. But there's no discussion here or anything on DCC Twitter, so...when are finals happening? 🤔

I know almost nothing about most of the finalists who are not DCCs already or were in training camp last year, but I am rooting for Gabby's former teammate at ASU, mostly because I think she's beautiful and I think the other ASU pom line ladies (Megan C., Heather O., and Gabby) are lovely and talented. And because it's more fun if you have someone to cheer for. I am not excited that Taylor T is back this year, and I think her face looks strangely fuller--I almost didn't recognize her. I will never be over her not knowing what the Me Too movement is. Lily is very pretty and seems so sweet, but I think there's something awkward about how she holds her head and body sometimes. I noticed it last season in some episodes and then in the photos posted upthread. I would be happy to see her bring that extra spark, stop rushing her counts, and shine this year. VK, I won't even go there, but I am not pulling for her--unless it's to go home or just be off camera. I liked a lot about Kristin last year, but I agree that she does not look like she's come back in the same shape as she was last year and I think that will be detrimental to her in finals or in training camp. I don't think she'll make the team with so few spots available, but I would be happy for her if she did. As for Malena, I don't even see how she would make it to training camp--expect that she was a Kelli favorite and they always take 8-10 folks to cut. She seems sweet but is so blah to me in all her talking heads (unless she was melting down, and then she seemed like a train wreck) and I don't care for her dancing or poor memory at all. I hope they don't string her along but suspect they might. Bless her heart. 

Finals are next Saturday.  They had to reschedule everything due to a concert at the stadium:/

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Pau84 said:

The only one I agree with is Brennan because she barely made it last year. 

Daphne and Hannah are both on show group and among their strongest dancers, and Daphne killed it at the swimsuit calendar shoot. 

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

The only one I agree with is Brennan because she barely made it last year. 

Daphne and Hannah are both on show group and among their strongest dancers, and Daphne killed it at the swimsuit calendar shoot. 

I still think Brennan's issues came from nerves, and that with one year under her belt, she will relax.  She also knows by now who not to talk in front of:/

Daphne and Hannah should be back unless one of them has a bad solo.  

• Love 3
(edited)
10 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I still think Brennan's issues came from nerves, and that with one year under her belt, she will relax.  She also knows by now who not to talk in front of:/

Daphne and Hannah should be back unless one of them has a bad solo.  

It does not matter who the girls talk in front of because sooner or later it can get back to Kelli, Charlotte or Judy. Kelli and Judy love girls who are willing to rat out other girls.

And there have been one year rookies or vets who had not so great solos who made it back. It comes down to who Judy and especially Kelli and Charlotte sees in the girls who try out again. If they gain weight, have a bad attitude, not willing to kiss their behinds constantly, not willing to think being a DCC is so great all the time, and other girls do not seem to like them for some reason, they can be cut.

Edited by bigskygirl

It always puzzles me when I see speculation that a vet in good standing might be cut because she doesn't have the right look. If she's on the team, TPTB think she has the DCC look, no? She may not appeal to everyone equally, but she is attractive and she was chosen because her look appeals to a segment of the fan base.

Sure, there are women on the team who will never be the face of the group, front of the formation, or a month in the calendar, but that's a different standard than just making the team.

We've seen veterans cut for attitude, weight, bad behavior, and poor performance. I don't think I've ever caught a whiff of is "let's cut this perfectly good vet we've had no problems with and replace her with someone prettier." I mean, that rookie would have to be stunning.

It's been a good long while since we've seen a DCC that just about everyone thinks is gorgeous. Abigail Kleins are few and far between. I'm not saying that they haven't had women on the team who are as pretty, but Abigail was a standout because she is amazingly photogenic in addition to being beautiful. There hasn't been anyone since her whose beauty translates so well on camera.

• Love 14
5 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

It always puzzles me when I see speculation that a vet in good standing might be cut because she doesn't have the right look. If she's on the team, TPTB think she has the DCC look, no? She may not appeal to everyone equally, but she is attractive and she was chosen because her look appeals to a segment of the fan base.

Sure, there are women on the team who will never be the face of the group, front of the formation, or a month in the calendar, but that's a different standard than just making the team.

We've seen veterans cut for attitude, weight, bad behavior, and poor performance. I don't think I've ever caught a whiff of is "let's cut this perfectly good vet we've had no problems with and replace her with someone prettier." I mean, that rookie would have to be stunning.

It's been a good long while since we've seen a DCC that just about everyone thinks is gorgeous. Abigail Kleins are few and far between. I'm not saying that they haven't had women on the team who are as pretty, but Abigail was a standout because she is amazingly photogenic in addition to being beautiful. There hasn't been anyone since her whose beauty translates so well on camera.

Well they have replace half way decent vets with girls who quite frankly should not have made the team in the first place.

Amber was brought on the team in Season 6 because she had male appeal, but she could not dance with a darn.

They cut three one year rookies in Season 8 and brought in Morgan and Kaitlin.

I could go on and on about vets or one year rookies who were cut at finals or during TC, and they were replace with girls who could not dance their way out of a paper bag.

14 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Well they have replace half way decent vets with girls who quite frankly should not have made the team in the first place.

Amber was brought on the team in Season 6 because she had male appeal, but she could not dance with a darn.

They cut three one year rookies in Season 8 and brought in Morgan and Kaitlin.

I could go on and on about vets or one year rookies who were cut at finals or during TC, and they were replace with girls who could not dance their way out of a paper bag.

I think you are assuming that there was no good reason for cutting those vets. We can see if a vet has gained weight or isn't keeping up with the dance. But there are a hundred other things that go into being a DCC that we have no visibility to and we know that there is a lot that goes on behind the scenes. Kelli is not without fault, but I don't think she ever cuts anyone without a good reason for doing so. They invest a lot of hours into turning out a quality veteran. They're not going to throw any of them out on a whim.

• Love 4