Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

2 minutes ago, TennInTexas said:

I don't personally know the girl, most of us here probably don't. We only know what was shown to us last season and what we've followed and seen on social media since. My biggest issue is that with any other last name, this girl probably wouldn't make finals. She simply needs to judged the same as any other girl.

I hope she's matured also, hope she's learned about things not being given to her and that hard work is the one true way to achieve your dreams. I REALLY hope this is HER dream. I hope they have or will sit her down and tell her the same thing they told Dayton last year about not caring who's kid she is. Tell VK again that she needs to worry about getting the job, not show-group or standing on the front row. I hope she comes back realizing how important it is to be part of a team and respecting that team and its leaders is far more important than anything she alone can bring. I hope she comes back mature and poised and dances (what's left of) her ass off. I hope she proves us all wrong. I just wanna see her truly EARN it. 

*Can't believe I just said all that about someone who's essentially a character on a show, haha! 

I 100% agree with you on this and you said it better than I have in the past.  I want her to succeed because she actually EARNED it, not because of who her mom is or any prior connection to Kelli.  If Kelli were smart, she would back off any familiarity with and towards Victoria and treat her as any other candidate or even be tougher on her.  Heck, if Kelli treated Victoria like she did Dayton last year, then we may be getting somewhere.

Has anyone heard about Brianna Arredondo? She and Lily are the two candidates I'm REALLY rooting for this time around.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Anyone know if the Vets get picked to demonstrate the semi/finals routines for the TCCs or if it's a volunteer thing?  Is it always retiring/retired vets and/or All Stars?

Probably picked--most senior and highest leaders. Last year it was Jinelle and Jenna with Jenn A. We know Jenna wasn't an all-star but she was the most senior. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

Am I the only one who wants to see Victoria Kalina succeed? Maybe she has matured, maybe she will take her fitness seriously. I can't blame her for brushing off someone about eating habits who has never struggled with weight (not that I am excusing her behavior). I just don't think anyone last season sat her down and said "Kelli and Judy are no longer your family friends, they are your bosses now." Maybe she would have been more professional with them. 

In a perfect world, we would have watched Vikkie spread her wings a bit, gain some life experience, break away from mommy and return to try outs with a newfound maturity. 

Since this isn't a perfect world and we already know that none of that happened, I'll happily cackle as she falls on her face again. I realize that my hatred of a 19 year old, for whom I've never met, is a little extreme but if I'm being honest, my extreme dislike of her is because of how she was treated last season. I will likely never be able to look past it. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

If it were me auditioning for a team, I would not wear something that shows another team's logo, even if it is a different sport altogether, to another teams audition.  Yikes! 😬

DCC-pre-lims-8.jpg

I just don't like her look.  Too harsh.  

• Love 3

I usually wait for the show but this year decided to read/follow this thread. I have to say, I find this forum more entertaining than the actual show. Thanks for all the info and laughs.

If VK makes the show, will be interesting to see if she is ignored or the focus like last year. 

• Love 20
5 hours ago, DBAAT said:

She just has a top on that pushes them up more than last year.

Her audition outfit is the same as last year's, just a different color. It's from her rising her chest up from sucking in her stomach. Unless she got a smaller top to do the lifting, but I doubt it

33 minutes ago, ElenaFR said:

I usually wait for the show but this year decided to read/follow this thread. I have to say, I find this forum more entertaining than the actual show. Thanks for all the info and laughs.

If VK makes the show, will be interesting to see if she is ignored or the focus like last year. 

I think it depends if CMT can drum up other drama from other contestants. There were so many rookies who flew under the radar last season. Great dancers, with fit bodies, who were drama-free, therefore not worth filming (in CMTs mind).

• Love 4
On 5/19/2019 at 12:07 PM, 5678Pixie said:

White diaper look  is in the front here. Her hair could be the replacement for Savannah in the bouquet. I get a Hannah vibe from her too. But they better not cut Hannah for her.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, TennInTexas said:

I don't personally know the girl, most of us here probably don't. We only know what was shown to us last season and what we've followed and seen on social media since. My biggest issue is that with any other last name, this girl probably wouldn't make finals. She simply needs to judged the same as any other girl.

I hope she's matured also, hope she's learned about things not being given to her and that hard work is the one true way to achieve your dreams. I REALLY hope this is HER dream. I hope they have or will sit her down and tell her the same thing they told Dayton last year about not caring who's kid she is. Tell VK again that she needs to worry about getting the job, not show-group or standing on the front row. I hope she comes back realizing how important it is to be part of a team and respecting that team and its leaders is far more important than anything she alone can bring. I hope she comes back mature and poised and dances (what's left of) her ass off. I hope she proves us all wrong. I just wanna see her truly EARN it. 

*Can't believe I just said all that about someone who's essentially a character on a show, haha! 

I know I've said this in the past, but with her mom being Kelli's BF, there is no way she is being judged the same as others. Look at Cassie T. Go back and watch her at prelims the first year she tried out. She couldn't even speak without being nervous, and she knew everyone judging her. She couldn't smile while she was dancing, and acted completely uncomfortable. She got moved through because of her name. If it had been anyone else, she wouldn't have made it past that day. So as much as we all don't think it's fair, that is the way it is. Cassie also was handed leadership roles etc. because of her mom. They can say all they want about her being responsible etc., but every milestone her mom reached, Cassie magically reached it at the same rate. Not a coincidence. VK will be the same way.

• Love 8
20 minutes ago, Ms. SW said:

I’m not sure where to post this but I saw where the Turningtricks gentleman is a finalist for the Chargers. 

I posted about it in the Past Seasons thread since he has auditioned before.

• Love 1
On 5/18/2019 at 3:47 PM, 5678Pixie said:

I know we have all seen this but I just want to say of course the edited version of Victoria  is the first pix DCC posts.  Looks like they lightened it up so we can see it better.  

Well, she definitely looks slimmer, I'll give her that. I know first hand, as many of us do, how quickly weight comes on and how difficult and what a slow process it is to get it off. But I still hope she doesn't make it. She has more flaws than a jiggly stomach and thighs that make her inappropriate for the team. Of course I will come back here and admit I was wrong if she truly has matured and improved on all those other areas as well. 

• Love 8

Rewatching last season premiere. VK looks about the same to me as far as figure. Dayton looked better in dance but they praised VK more. Daphne looked scary skinny even then. The filming on her taking a nibble of that cookie then throwing it by her waist didn't help. I don't think Madi was as bad as some of the ones that made it to training camp.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

i want to see a picture of her this year NOT sucking it in to high heaven. I CAN look thin doing that.

C'mon. I don't care for her either, but you've got to admit that she has slimmed down since last season. My guess is because that was the main thing all the viewers and folks here picked up on. She was way heavier and softer than other girls they got rid of for weight reasons. Kelli can claim we don't see enough of the rehearsals to know for sure about the dancing or her behavior with the rest of the girls, but her weight, when they actually allowed you to see her whole body, was a very obvious no no. Like I said, I'm giving her credit for taking it off and besides being slimmer, she does (in this picture) look more toned.  Now we just have to wait and see what happens when she opens her mouth, and if her dancing has improved. But, as someone else here said, even if she appears to be perfect this season, it will still be difficult to like her because of how she behaved last season and the obvious favoritism she received. I really wish she hadn't made it to finals. I'd rather find someone new to be this season's annoying TCC. 

• Love 8
13 minutes ago, SSAHotchner said:

C'mon. I don't care for her either, but you've got to admit that she has slimmed down since last season. My guess is because that was the main thing all the viewers and folks here picked up on. She was way heavier and softer than other girls they got rid of for weight reasons. Kelli can claim we don't see enough of the rehearsals to know for sure about the dancing or her behavior with the rest of the girls, but her weight, when they actually allowed you to see her whole body, was a very obvious no no. Like I said, I'm giving her credit for taking it off and besides being slimmer, she does (in this picture) look more toned.  Now we just have to wait and see what happens when she opens her mouth, and if her dancing has improved. But, as someone else here said, even if she appears to be perfect this season, it will still be difficult to like her because of how she behaved last season and the obvious favoritism she received. I really wish she hadn't made it to finals. I'd rather find someone new to be this season's annoying TCC. 

#BringBackVivian

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

If you look at the picture with Judy in front of, what appears to be, ladies who made it to finals you can see Vikkie front and center without sucking it in. She doesn't have rolls over her shorts like she did last year, but it is also painful obvious how much she is sucking in her stomach when you put the pictures side by side. 

For as much as I may hate the girl, I do hope she isn't risking her lifelong health for this opportunity. Though she doesn't appear to be a skeletor like Char or Daphne, seeing her rib cage like that is AS scary in someone with her body type. Long, long, long ago when I was dancing upwards of 6-7 days a week I could not eat enough to keep the weight on. I'm naturally big bones so skinny and toned for me was a Size 11; I always dreamed of being a 9 but my hips wouldn't allow it. Until one day, I decided to try and who knew, they fit like a glove. I was called into my guidance counselors office the next day to talk about an eating disorder. I was shocked and offended, but looking at pictures now...I can see the concern. Vikkie isn't there...yet, but I'll be the first to throw up every red flag and flare if I see it. 

• Love 5
(edited)
13 hours ago, DBAAT said:

Do you think they will take more than 36? Seems like there are a lot of great new candidates, and I'm not sure if any vets are weak enough to cut. Thoughts???

Shelley said last season that 36 is a hard number due to budgetary constraints.  Now that doesn't mean there couldn't be less...but she did say definitely no more.  There are a few vets that I think will be on the bubble and unfortunately one of them is my fave but I'm keeping my thoughts to myself on that matter. 

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, Corky10 said:

No on the dsig girls and only 3 dmd girls...very strange.

But VK made it.  How did that happen with professional girls already cheering on other teams.

SMH, not looking forward to the VK show this season.

• Love 11

I didn't like the way VK was given first, second and third chances last year either. But I'm very willing to give her a chance this year and see what happens. She's not as bad as some people make her out to be. Yes, she's still got some  issues with spacing and a heavier style - but she's not god awful. I think she earned her spot at finals this year. In some circles she's a fan favorite. 

• Love 1
(edited)
12 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

I didn't like the way VK was given first, second and third chances last year either. But I'm very willing to give her a chance this year and see what happens. She's not as bad as some people make her out to be. Yes, she's still got some  issues with spacing and a heavier style - but she's not god awful. I think she earned her spot at finals this year. In some circles she's a fan favorite. 

That's a small circle:  Kitty, Charlotte, Tina, Kelli.

Edited by JerseyGirl
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1

I just recently in the last year joined the closed FB DCC fan group to sort of see what their take was on everything.  A week or so ago the administrator put a message out the the real Judy Trammell joined so she is doing some work I guess on how things go down with rabid fans!

• Love 4
(edited)
18 hours ago, BeautyOfDreams said:

First time posting here, long time lurker. There is one girl i know that auditioned. She is a former Charlotte hornets honeybee, pageant queen, and great dancer, and beyond gorgeous face and body. I cannot imagine her not making it to finals. She will be one to watch for. 

kat2.jpg.6304514dc3ffb927b59a299f80cd97ee.jpg

49455688_223413428570845_7798643720982331727_n.jpg.6b793bee5f762686c7528f644d349d87.jpg

2016-Honey-Bees-Kat-charlotte-hornets-40447002-639-480.jpg.e2fe19d9e21c1e280b1b4a2a352db8b2.jpg

She is definitely a beautiful girl...very flexible...but the only dance videos I could find of her...I am not impressed in the slightest.  I can stand there and step from side to side like she did and flip my hair.  Maybe there are some other videos out there floating around. 

Edited by Kayce
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 5/18/2019 at 6:52 PM, go4luca said:

Gotcha.  Still seems a strange choice re: Erica.  Damn.  That means Megan C. is probably not there in reality.

Ok late I know but I don’t get it, with Megan c not being their in reality. 

4 minutes ago, CrazyEve said:

Ok late I know but I don’t get it, with Megan c not being their in reality. 

Girls were tagged in an Instagram post who were shown on the screen at the stadium. They were not actually there. Some people thought they were actually there because they were tagged. 

• Useful 1

Does anyone know the name of the girl in white, I know she has been called everything from granny pants to diaper pants.  Wonder if she can dance and if Savannah is concerned?

DCC-Prelim-27-of-33.thumb.jpg.1388b1dfe0fa8770e58ecdeb68b6c017.jpgDCC-Prelim-38-of-10.thumb.jpg.2c14eef0180f17072e00b17860688805.jpg

• LOL 2
2 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

That's kind of you.  Personally, I'm not willing to give her a chance after how she lied about having a medical condition last year to cover up her weight gain, lied about attending a doctor's session, and then when caught, tried to throw Jinelle under the bus.  Plus, she caused so much drama for the other girls last year (running to her mom with some BS about the other training camp candidates, who then reported it to Kelli).  Hard pass.

• Love 16
2 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

That's kind of you.  Personally, I'm not willing to give her a chance after how she lied about having a medical condition last year to cover up her weight gain, lied about attending a doctor's session, and then when caught, tried to throw Jinelle under the bus.  Plus, she caused so much drama for the other girls last year (running to her mom with some BS about the other training camp candidates, who then reported it to Kelli).  Hard pass.

There is not one other girl in the entire universe that would be allowed to do all of what she has done and ever make it back again past prelim.  

12 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

I guess Shannon got cut and is planning to try again next year.

182712156_ShannonElkins60128965_155735325466146_976227911410366998_n.thumb.jpg.d54e41463eca18d9927c93a61c90f7f9.jpg

It must be like an event for her.  Like Christmas.  A holiday.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

It must be like an event for her.  Like Christmas.  A holiday.

Good for her!

Whilst I wish I could do the same, once would be enough for me!

• Love 1
(edited)

Does anybody know if this is Geena Rojas? I've seen her in some dance class videos where she's been tagged and she's a firecracker ... but there's nothing on IG page to indicate she tried out... just curious because this girl looks a lot like her. 

CC91E82D-7709-4086-B6C6-1B84F0A971C4.jpeg

Edited by Kayce
20 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

i want to see a picture of her this year NOT sucking it in to high heaven. I CAN look thin doing that.

Here you go. Not sucking in.  She’ll put that extra weight on in no time. 

6C1066D0-8157-4759-AF5B-26B474BAB4F8.jpeg

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
(edited)

VK's thighs look huge still.  No way is she uniform ready. No wonder she was trying to hide her appearance by sucking her stomach in and sticking her ribs out.   Her hair is stringy and frizzy and a hot mess.

And she made it to finals?  How?

Edited by JerseyGirl
  • Love 6