Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

Just now, sleepyjean said:

I think you are assuming that there was no good reason for cutting those vets. We can see if a vet has gained weight or isn't keeping up with the dance. But there are a hundred other things that go into being a DCC that we have no visibility to and we know that there is a lot that goes on behind the scenes. Kelli is not without fault, but I don't think she ever cuts anyone without a good reason for doing so. They invest a lot of hours into turning out a quality veteran. They're not going to throw any of them out on a whim.

Olivia S. was cut at finals in Season 6 because she stood up to Princess Cassie during the calendar shoot because Cassie was complaining about rookie girls getting more time in front of the camera. Judy went to the judges and told them Olivia was being toxic leading to being cut without it shown on the show. I do not think that is a good excuse to cut a girl because she was calling out a mean girl who got away with breaking the rules while her mommy got the judges to cut the girl.

I think Charlotte went after Ann because Ann did not seem like she lived and breathe DCC 24/7/365. Just like Milan said in her podcast, if a girl was not liked by her teammates especially certain vets then it could lead to tension and other problems for the girl.

(edited)

That girl Shaina (identified by Tootie in the list thread) is really pretty.  It's not a terrible idea to show up as a redhead at DCC auditions (not that she went red specifically for the audition), but I would be shocked if Kelli lets her stay strawberry blonde (if she makes it to training camp).

In looking at all three hair colors, I like her as a blonde. So probably Kelli would make her a brunette, lol.

ETA: I think this her natural color.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 1

Wow, she looks so different with each hair color! I agree, she is quite pretty, but I think I favor the strawberry blonde on her. Does anyone know if she happens to be the woman who wore that white outfit where her shorts looked more like tightie whities than actual dance shorts? That woman was a redhead and looks kind of like the girl in the pics above. She really could move but the shorts were a bit of a marvel. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, M1977G said:

Wow, she looks so different with each hair color! I agree, she is quite pretty, but I think I favor the strawberry blonde on her. Does anyone know if she happens to be the woman who wore that white outfit where her shorts looked more like tightie whities than actual dance shorts? That woman was a redhead and looks kind of like the girl in the pics above. She really could move but the shorts were a bit of a marvel. 

Yes, that's who she is. Interestingly apparently there were two women in that outfit. There's a pic of both in the list thread. The other woman (a blonde) is very pretty too.

• Love 2
(edited)
12 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

The one person who sticks in my mind as might be in jeopardy is Christina and people are sick of me saying why I think so.

I agree.

Savannah may be in trouble after what was shown last year (and she's second on my list) and the fact that there's a new rookie of the year.  However, I'm not 100% that she's up for being cut.  I used to think that a lot more went into being cut, but now I think it's just how Kelli's feeling that day (and if she thinks enough people will challenge Victoria for a spot).

Amy Simone could well have challenges Christina for the title of "Mrs. Perserverance" yet never made the squad and Brennan also could challenge her so there's that.  There's also a red-head in Finals, Hannah, and others so Kelli has plenty of red-headed girls to choose from so neither persevering nor being a redhead will save either of those two if Kelli decides they should go.

Daphne holds her own dance-wise, but she's too thin for my liking.  If she gains some weight back, she should be fine, but I DO wonder if Kelli will hold her to the "new" weight.  If that's the case, Daphne would be better off just leaving.  However, I don't think she's at risk for being cut.  The only thing that's preventing Brennan from having the entire look are her eyes and she can't help that, but she's solid otherwise and I think she'll have a good chance of staying (possibly, hopefully, staying over Christina).  Hannah is gorgeous but can also look severe in pictures at times.  I do think that whoever's choosing photographs for her isn't choosing the right ones because there have been several where she's breathtaking and others that look like a booking photo after she's been arrested.  Still, I get your point about looks.  However, Kelli SHOULD be taking other things into account at Finals, but we all know that she'd do almost anything to get Victoria onto the squad and that includes cutting whoever she can to do so.

It will be interesting if a vet is cut and VK makes it into training camp.  I’m hoping VK makes it based on talent and not because if her relationship with K, but deep down I think she will make TC no matter how she performs. 😢

Edited by Cruisegirl
  • Love 3
22 hours ago, McKinezeInFloMnd said:

Question....what returning vets could be in jeopardy of not making it back into TC?

I’m thinking Gabby and Daphne. Maybe even Taylor J. 

(edited)
5 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

This is Ashley Wood, Lily's former UK teammate. Looks like she auditioned again this year but didn't make it to finals like last year.

Kudos to her for owning her rejections so publicly and not letting them define her! (I'm referring to her post, not that she didn't make it to finals.)

Edited by M1977G
  • Love 8

I think you can tell who Kelli and Judy’s favorites are by who walked in the DCC FIT fashion show tonight. And who got featured on the DCC swim calendar shoot / Instagram. 

I highly doubt Caroline, Daphne, Hannah, Jalyn or Taylor J will get cut unless something crazy happens during training camp. Those girls seem like a lock.  

• Love 6
On 5/22/2019 at 8:03 PM, SingleMom9 said:

It would be interesting if Sam (Kelli’s daughter) tried out. My daughter did competitive cheer with her, but she never struck me as obsessed with DCC despite who her mom is.

I think Sam is adorable!  She’s seems very smart, down to earth, and she’s really pretty.  She also does not strike me as being the DCC type, and def doesn’t have those dancer legs.  Nothing wrong with her legs, just not the legs of a woman who takes a lot of dance classes and prep classes like the DCC do.

4 minutes ago, KickPretty said:

I think Sam is adorable!  She’s seems very smart, down to earth, and she’s really pretty.  She also does not strike me as being the DCC type, and def doesn’t have those dancer legs.  Nothing wrong with her legs, just not the legs of a woman who takes a lot of dance classes and prep classes like the DCC do.

She used to have a blog that was pretty good.  It's her fault I buy a Lilly Pulitzer Agenda every year - never knew they existed until she showed hers in a video.  I would say that if she is going to try out, she will graduate first and then prep.  However, I can also see her getting a job instead and that being her priority.  She has made many contacts thanks to her mother's job.

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, Stee said:

I think you can tell who Kelli and Judy’s favorites are by who walked in the DCC FIT fashion show tonight. And who got featured on the DCC swim calendar shoot / Instagram. 

I highly doubt Caroline, Daphne, Hannah, Jalyn or Taylor J will get cut unless something crazy happens during training camp. Those girls seem like a lock.  

Christina was one of the girls in the fashion show tonight, and I do not think she is a Judy and Kelli favorite. A few of the retired girls were also part of the show.

And speaking of Cowboys Fit. Who design those terrible outfits? What were they thinking? I cannot imagine spending money on those outfits.

(edited)
1 hour ago, Stee said:

Alexis was there and Lexie as well as well as heather and lacy and Gina 

Edited by Holly85
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

It does not matter who the girls talk in front of because sooner or later it can get back to Kelli, Charlotte or Judy. Kelli and Judy love girls who are willing to rat out other girls.

And we now know they love girls who will become Facebook friends with a TCC who has their account set to private to get information on them

• Love 7
8 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

It always puzzles me when I see speculation that a vet in good standing might be cut because she doesn't have the right look. If she's on the team, TPTB think she has the DCC look, no? She may not appeal to everyone equally, but she is attractive and she was chosen because her look appeals to a segment of the fan base.

Sure, there are women on the team who will never be the face of the group, front of the formation, or a month in the calendar, but that's a different standard than just making the team.

We've seen veterans cut for attitude, weight, bad behavior, and poor performance. I don't think I've ever caught a whiff of is "let's cut this perfectly good vet we've had no problems with and replace her with someone prettier." I mean, that rookie would have to be stunning.

It's been a good long while since we've seen a DCC that just about everyone thinks is gorgeous. Abigail Kleins are few and far between. I'm not saying that they haven't had women on the team who are as pretty, but Abigail was a standout because she is amazingly photogenic in addition to being beautiful. There hasn't been anyone since her whose beauty translates so well on camera.

I agree with you theoretically that if they made the team, by definition they should have the look. However, my personal opinion is that is exactly why Allie and little heather were cut. The look was good enough the year they made the team, but not the following year. 

• Love 4

Just my hopes ....

Heather for point...(although I would love it to go to Maddie)  Maddie and Amy finishing the triangle.  Group leaders Amy, Maddie, Tess and Heather.  2nds... Lexie, Lauren , Miranda  and one of these 3: Molly, Rachel or Savannah. 

Gina is too much of a me me me person to be a leader or point.  She's a strong dancer but she gets so over the top she appears to rush things.  I know people don't like Maddie's look... I don't like Gina's.. she is less HD friendly than several on the team.  She has a sharp face, squinty eyes and is unpleasant to look at.  People say she's grown ... I don't buy it... I think it's all an act on her part to push her way up the ladder.  She's probably the most annoying team member in recent years that I've seen.  That's just my opinion.... which in this world of DCC means nothing.  

• Love 8
2 hours ago, PhilForPoint said:

I agree with you theoretically that if they made the team, by definition they should have the look. However, my personal opinion is that is exactly why Allie and little heather were cut. The look was good enough the year they made the team, but not the following year. 

Heather screwed up her kickline and Allie had gained weight and didn't bring her A game is what I took from their cuts.  

• Love 2
(edited)
On 5/25/2019 at 2:22 AM, Tootie said:

Speaking of "audition attire"....  did anyone else notice that there are two girls wearing this outfit?!  I think both of them made it to finals--it kinda looks like the blonde standing behind Jasmine and Ally (AAIA).   (I'm not 100% sure though)

same outfit - Copy.jpg

blonde 2.jpg

so two people actually wore the same hideous diaper outfit?? Yikes... I would be more understanding if it looked good but as Simon would say "that's a no for me". 

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 1
(edited)

Gracie Blanchard... the one who some think kind of resembles Judy... has a more "mature" look like Colbi did.  She looks like she could pass for 40 in some pics I've seen.  

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

And we now know they love girls who will become Facebook friends with a TCC who has their account set to private to get information on them

Facebook is not your friend.

2 hours ago, Kayce said:

Heather screwed up her kickline and Allie had gained weight and didn't bring her A game is what I took from their cuts.  

Allie is or was a friend of Charlotte's daughter which probably help her get on the team her first year. Need I say more.

2 hours ago, Kayce said:

Just my hopes ....

Heather for point...(although I would love it to go to Maddie)  Maddie and Amy finishing the triangle.  Group leaders Amy, Maddie, Tess and Heather.  2nds... Lexie, Lauren , Miranda  and one of these 3: Molly, Rachel or Savannah. 

Gina is too much of a me me me person to be a leader or point.  She's a strong dancer but she gets so over the top she appears to rush things.  I know people don't like Maddie's look... I don't like Gina's.. she is less HD friendly than several on the team.  She has a sharp face, squinty eyes and is unpleasant to look at.  People say she's grown ... I don't buy it... I think it's all an act on her part to push her way up the ladder.  She's probably the most annoying team member in recent years that I've seen.  That's just my opinion.... which in this world of DCC means nothing.  

I could never understand Gina's appeal. Could you imagine her, Malena and Victoria in the team together. Something nightmares are made of. I also can think of annoying team members in the past who are probably just as bad as she is.

4 hours ago, Kayce said:

Just my hopes ....

Like you, I am not a fan of Gina's look nor do I want her as point. I also do not see Maddie as point. My personal opinion... I like Heather for point. She has grown on me A LOT. I would like to see Amy in the triangle. My other faves who I would like to see near the front are Jalyn, Bridget, and Daphne (assuming she eats a hamburger and gains a few pounds).

• Love 6
16 hours ago, M1977G said:

I guess I thought that finals were today--I always thought they were 1 week after prelims and semis, and that the interviews were the next Friday and solos, kickline, and combo were that Saturday. But there's no discussion here or anything on DCC Twitter, so...when are finals happening? 🤔

I know almost nothing about most of the finalists who are not DCCs already or were in training camp last year, but I am rooting for Gabby's former teammate at ASU, mostly because I think she's beautiful and I think the other ASU pom line ladies (Megan C., Heather O., and Gabby) are lovely and talented. And because it's more fun if you have someone to cheer for. I am not excited that Taylor T is back this year, and I think her face looks strangely fuller--I almost didn't recognize her. I will never be over her not knowing what the Me Too movement is. Lily is very pretty and seems so sweet, but I think there's something awkward about how she holds her head and body sometimes. I noticed it last season in some episodes and then in the photos posted upthread. I would be happy to see her bring that extra spark, stop rushing her counts, and shine this year. VK, I won't even go there, but I am not pulling for her--unless it's to go home or just be off camera. I liked a lot about Kristin last year, but I agree that she does not look like she's come back in the same shape as she was last year and I think that will be detrimental to her in finals or in training camp. I don't think she'll make the team with so few spots available, but I would be happy for her if she did. As for Malena, I don't even see how she would make it to training camp--expect that she was a Kelli favorite and they always take 8-10 folks to cut. She seems sweet but is so blah to me in all her talking heads (unless she was melting down, and then she seemed like a train wreck) and I don't care for her dancing or poor memory at all. I hope they don't string her along but suspect they might. Bless her heart. 

Just clarifying that Gabby was University of Arizona Pomline as was Heather, Megan C, ect.  Taylor T was Arizona Pomline with Gabby.  

• Love 1

I could see Heather as point girl. To be honest about it, I could care less who is point girl or group leader. I want to see if a vet or one year rookie is cut at finals or during TC, who makes it to TC, and to hear more of the real story instead of CMT, Kelli and Charlotte trying to make things up as they go along show wise. What can I say, I want my guilty pleasure train wreck to keep moving along.

6 hours ago, Kayce said:

Gracie Blanchard... the one who some think kind of resembles Judy... has a more "mature" look like Colbi did.  She looks like she could pass for 40 in some pics I've seen.  

She just had a birthday, she is 24 years old!

On 5/21/2019 at 6:57 PM, tinabee1967 said:

Part of me wants VK to prove she has matured and another part of me hopes she falls out of a turn during practice and breaks some toes. Ayeyiyi, I am *so* conflicted!

I want both.  I would like to see her be respectful of the entire audition process AND fall out of a turn during practice (which, btw, IS going to happen). Then I want her to own the reasons she is being cut in her post-cut interview.

A girl can hope...

• Love 10

I love watching the speculation about vets that may not, or in fan opinion, shouldn't make it back.  

I know this won't be a popular opinion but I'm not a Brennan fan, I just don't think she's got the look or the dance.  I wouldn't really be surprised to see her not make it back with what I've seen of the new finalists.  I've seen a lot of people say Caroline may not make it back, the rookie of the year not make it back?  I don't see that happening unless she really messes up.

All in all this has been the most forgettable rookie class I've seen since the show started.  Going through the calendar shoot pics I had to keep going back to the roster to figure out who a few were because they just didn't make an impression.  Amber, Ashlee, Brianna, Gabby, Taylor, I honestly didn't really remember.  Brennan I remembered basically because of all the fuss.  The rookies who actually made an impression, Caroline, Cianna, Erin, Jalyn.  Madeline I do remember due to her face and eyes but her dancing never caught my attention.

I just wasn't impressed with last year's rookie class.  I think maybe if everything hadn't been so centered on VK, Malena and Dayton the other rookies might have had a chance to make an impression.  So much time was spent on those three the others didn't get much of a chance to get known.  

As for VK, she doesn't impress me and I was surprised she made it into finals last year even being the daughter of Kelli's best friend.  She just didn't have it.  Everyone says "She was just 18 and just out of high school".  So?  Abigail Klein was just out of high school, I can name half a dozen more and none of them behaved like VK (Cassie wasn't even that bad!).  She doesn't look any better this year (When she's not sucking it in hard enough to pass out.) than she did last year.  I full expect her to make the team this year because her mom would not have let her put herself through this again without having talked to Kelli about it and gotten some kind of assurance she wouldn't be embarrassed again.  

I don't think Malena will ever have the memory to remember all the DCC routines and I hope they didn't bring her back just for ratings if they take her into TC again.  I didn't feel like she had the stuff to make it on the team but felt so bad they kept stringing her along and she quit her job to stay when you knew she wasn't going to make it.  

I think the leaders this year will be Amy, Maddie, Tess and Heather.  For seconds I'd like to see Lauren, Gina, Savannah, and Alexis or Christina.

For point... I'm a fan of Maddie but I don't think she's got the flash for point.  So probably Amy or Heather.  I'd love to see Lauren get it someday or Savannah but I know they're not the flashiest dancers out there.  I always wanted to see Mackenzie Lee get it too.  Maybe I'm just odd.

• Love 7

So the list we've got (above) has a total of 34 possible finalists, 31 we're almost sure made it and 3 various sources say made it.  Someone said there's 50 being taken into finals but I find that VERY hard to believe.  There were a total of 140-150 who tried out this year, 75-85 made it to semis.  I can not see 50 of those being taken into finals.  

(edited)
7 hours ago, Squeek said:

So the list we've got (above) has a total of 34 possible finalists, 31 we're almost sure made it and 3 various sources say made it.  Someone said there's 50 being taken into finals but I find that VERY hard to believe.  There were a total of 140-150 who tried out this year, 75-85 made it to semis.  I can not see 50 of those being taken into finals.  

There were actually 101 numbers on the Semi-Finals board.  The count of 50 Finalists came from one of the finalists: Tiffany Taliaferro.

2019-05-24 (36).png

Edited by Tootie
17 minutes ago, Squeek said:

I just wasn't impressed with last year's rookie class.  I think maybe if everything hadn't been so centered on VK, Malena and Dayton the other rookies might have had a chance to make an impression.  So much time was spent on those three the others didn't get much of a chance to get known.  

I completely agree - I used to be able to tell you who was who, and this past year I was still trying to figure it out during the calendar shoot.

18 minutes ago, Squeek said:

As for VK, she doesn't impress me and I was surprised she made it into finals last year even being the daughter of Kelli's best friend.  She just didn't have it.  Everyone says "She was just 18

It amazes me how some people can watch what VK did and excuse it by saying she is only 18.  Well, if she is "only 18 or 19" and is too young to know how to act, then she is too young to be trying out for DCC.  

20 minutes ago, Squeek said:

I don't think Malena will ever have the memory to remember all the DCC routines and I hope they didn't bring her back just for ratings if they take her into TC again.  

Unfortunately, I think it is for the ratings and the comeback girl storyline.  I do wonder if choices would have been different if Charlotte had been at auditions this year.  I'm hoping she came back, got the list of names for finals and called Kelli to ask what she was thinking.

I wonder if Kelli re-watched the episode and felt that Malena's meltdown wasn't that bad, forgetting that she was watching an edited version.

• Love 3
(edited)
3 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I completely agree - I used to be able to tell you who was who, and this past year I was still trying to figure it out during the calendar shoot.

It amazes me how some people can watch what VK did and excuse it by saying she is only 18.  Well, if she is "only 18 or 19" and is too young to know how to act, then she is too young to be trying out for DCC.  

Unfortunately, I think it is for the ratings and the comeback girl storyline.  I do wonder if choices would have been different if Charlotte had been at auditions this year.  I'm hoping she came back, got the list of names for finals and called Kelli to ask what she was thinking.

I wonder if Kelli re-watched the episode and felt that Malena's meltdown wasn't that bad, forgetting that she was watching an edited version.

I think Charlotte would be going along with Malena coming back if it meant ratings and a comeback girl. I think they bring in certain girls who have tried out before knowing the chances of said girl making the team is the same as a snowball in heck, or she has "said potential" when she makes the team, but we want to use her for a possible one year rookie cut at finals the following year if she tries out again.

Edited by bigskygirl
12 minutes ago, Pau84 said:

Jalyn for point!

The only way a one year rookie would be point would be if Kelli and Charlotte wanted to try something different to keep fans and viewers watching the show. Got to keep coming up with new ideas for a new season don't ya know.

I think Malena is just being brought back to be cut, either at finals or in training camp.     She's a great individual dancer, but simply can't remember the group choreography, or blend in with the rest of the team.  

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Squeek said:

I agree with all of the above with one exception... I did not feel that excessive attention or camera time was given to Dayton last season. Maybe my memory is failing me (distinct possibility), but I only recall being frustrated with the excessive focus on Victoria & Malena.

• Love 16
(edited)
On 5/26/2019 at 1:11 PM, Squeek said:

As for VK, she doesn't impress me and I was surprised she made it into finals last year even being the daughter of Kelli's best friend.  She just didn't have it.  Everyone says "She was just 18 and just out of high school".  So?  Abigail Klein was just out of high school, I can name half a dozen more and none of them behaved like VK (Cassie wasn't even that bad!).  She doesn't look any better this year (When she's not sucking it in hard enough to pass out.) than she did last year.  I full expect her to make the team this year because her mom would not have let her put herself through this again without having talked to Kelli about it and gotten some kind of assurance she wouldn't be embarrassed again.  

The excessive focus was on Victoria and Malena, mainly Victoria.  She got the most face time of ANY of the girls in Training Camp, even the vets.  I don't think even Kelli, Judy or Charlotte got nearly as much camera time as Victoria.  If it doesn't happen again this year (especially if Victoria DOESN'T make the squad again, crossing my fingers it happens), are we going to be hearing that Tina was screaming about how her bee-yoo-ti-ful daughter wasn't featured enough?

21 hours ago, SanDiegoGal said:

I agree with all of the above with one exception... I did not feel that excessive attention or camera time was given to Dayton last season. Maybe my memory is failing me (distinct possibility), but I only recall being frustrated with the excessive focus on Victoria & Malena.

I think the main reason Dayton was taken into Training Camp was as a foil to Victoria.  She is certainly talented enough as a dancer, FAR more composed and mature as a woman (she seemed to be even at 18) and had THE perfect figure for the uniform.  Despite all this, she was only featured either when she screwed up (while Victoria wasn't) and was often given a tongue-lashing that she wasn't going to make the squad because of who she's related to, but on her skills.  The only person who actually needed that kind of talking-to was Victoria and she was too busy being fawned over and told how amazingly wonderful she was despite other girls dancing circles around her (including Dayton).

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 13

Did we ever determine what foiled Dayton's contract before the end? I was almost worried she'd show up at try outs, but when she didn't, I breathed a sigh of relief. I hope she is okay. 

I don't think Jaylyn would get point this quickly. When the rookies had their own triangle for the Christmas show, the triangle was Daphne at point, Jalyn & Bridget in the second row.  

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

Did we ever determine what foiled Dayton's contract before the end? I was almost worried she'd show up at try outs, but when she didn't, I breathed a sigh of relief. I hope she is okay. 

I don't think Jaylyn would get point this quickly. When the rookies had their own triangle for the Christmas show, the triangle was Daphne at point, Jalyn & Bridget in the second row.  

I never saw anything why Dayton  left or was asked to leave the ship/cruise line . I follow a few of the dance crew and it’s being kept quiet. Questions have been asked, but they are keeping quiet. She is starting to become active on social media again hanging with former and present DCC’s. 

B06DDDA2-F8F2-4CFE-8DBB-635420ED3732.jpeg

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Making Hannah's solo costume. Side note: she's dancing to "Pour Some Sugar On Me," which is a bit of a surprise, given how closely it is associated with strippers on the pole, LOL.

I coulda made that costume--it would have been done by the next century I imagine!

Gosh sewing machines have come a long way since my Mom's Singer which I inherited.

P.S.  I cannot sew and am amazed by this lady's talent.

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, Cruisegirl said:

I never saw anything why Dayton  left or was asked to leave the ship/cruise line . I follow a few of the dance crew and it’s being kept quiet. Questions have been asked, but they are keeping quiet. She is starting to become active on social media again hanging with former and present DCC’s.

Went away to college, came back early. Went away with Royal Caribbean, came back early. I wonder if she is struggling with finding direction, or if it is homesickness or what. In any case, I hope she finds a way to keep performing, as she's very talented.

• Love 9
20 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Making Hannah's solo costume. Side note: she's dancing to "Pour Some Sugar On Me," which is a bit of a surprise, given how closely it is associated with strippers on the pole, LOL.

Well, it will definitely wake up the judges:)  She isn't going to play it safe and that should work in her favor.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, sleepyjean said:

Love Def Leppard and that song.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

I'm so sorry that I'm late on this but this is what I would love for the triangle, but I know it's not very realistic since most of them are only going to be 2nd year veterans,

Heather

Bridget       Amber

Gina      Rachel W    Daphne

Edited by Erinbridget
  • Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

I don't think Dayton got ended early, I think she just didn't renew or get renewed by RC.  RC ships only contract for 7-8 months generally.  Most lines contract a year or even two but RC it's 7-8 months and then they decide if they're going to renew you.

From their auditions site: (misspelling is theirs' not mine)
We offer: Competitive Salaries / 7-8 month performance contracts / Paid rehearsal period / Housing / Amazing Itineraries / Professional working enviroment / Contemporary musical stage productions.  

Edited by Squeek
  • Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, Squeek said:

I don't think Dayton got ended early, I think she just didn't renew or get renewed by RC.  RC ships only contract for 7-8 months generally.  Most lines contract a year or even two but RC it's 7-8 months and then they decide if they're going to renew you.

From their auditions site: (misspelling is theirs' not mine)
We offer: Competitive Salaries / 7-8 month performance contracts / Paid rehearsal period / Housing / Amazing Itineraries / Professional working enviroment / Contemporary musical stage productions.  

Nope. Dayton was on a 9 month commitment and it should have lasted through DCC Auditions. The fact that she is back now, while everyone else she was with is still working, alludes to her leaving voluntarily or involuntary. We will probably never know the whole story, and that is okay...I truly do hope she is okay. 

Edited by Loves2Dance
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Erinbridget said:

I'm so sorry that I'm late on this but this is what I would love for the triangle, but I know it's not very realistic since most of them are only going to be 2nd year veterans,

Heather

Bridget       Amber

Gina      Rachel W    Daphne

How pissed would Gina be if she didn't make triangle this year. Lol!

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

I coulda made that costume--it would have been done by the next century I imagine!

Gosh sewing machines have come a long way since my Mom's Singer which I inherited.

P.S.  I cannot sew and am amazed by this lady's talent.

Her sewing machine (the one she takes to the shop) actually isn't that fancy. The one that you mostly see & looks like she is just merrily feeding things through is a serger for finishing edges/seams. But they do make some amazing sewing machines these days that'll do just about everything but buy & cut the fabric for you (and I would love one, but unfortunately they cost thousands of dollars -- any and all donations gladly accepted 😜).

And her trip to the service center to find out her bobbin case was turned around -- oh, how I can relate. 😆

Edited by hannahbanana
  • Love 2