Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, PattiD4DCC said:

Does this microphone make my tummy look DCC soft? 

image.png.b3cc62f855dc3c7267be223427ec86d7.png

If you look at Vikkie's mid-line, you'll notice her shorts are less than an inch from her belly button. If you look at 99% of the other dancers, you'll notice a much larger gap. Black is slimming and Vikkie is learning how to hide the weight she hasn't lost. Will it help once the shorts are white and tiny? Nope.

It wouldn't shock me if you said she put butt glue around the seems to keep them from rolling because of the comments she got last year. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

VK's hair is a mess in that photo.  Why didn't she fluff and puff before walking out on stage.  Was she too busy running around telling everyone again that she was guaranteed a spot on the team, like she did last year? 

Edited by JerseyGirl
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5
41 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

If you look at Vikkie's mid-line, you'll notice her shorts are less than an inch from her belly button. If you look at 99% of the other dancers, you'll notice a much larger gap. Black is slimming and Vikkie is learning how to hide the weight she hasn't lost. Will it help once the shorts are white and tiny? Nope.

It wouldn't shock me if you said she put butt glue around the seems to keep them from rolling because of the comments she got last year. 

Yeah, I talked to someone who was there and she said several of the dancers found it odd that Victoria was wearing her shorts so high.  Of course, it helps make the tummy look flatter (i.e., spanx).

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

My two cents on Kristen-I loved her last season, I thought that her character was extremely admirable. But, they kept criticizing her sleepy-eyed look, over and over again. I was hoping that she would come back to auditions with no distracting eye makeup on, maybe just some light mascara, and some lip color. IMO, she should've tied her hair back to highlight how beautiful her face is. She returned with a bucket full of eye makeup on that matched her outfit. As far as her weight, she does look curvier to me this time around. Maybe, she should focus on Pilates/yoga to stretch her body out to lean up. Even still, her body is nowhere close to the train wreck that is VK.  I have a feeling that Victoria's weight is just going to climb right back up again WHEN, not if, she's back in TC.

• Love 5
(edited)

In the last picture, VK is sucking in so hard I'm shocked she can still breathe.    Good catch with the double chin.    

tigafer-That lump in the back of the shorts apparently is a mic pack, so at least we'll have one interview that isn't with VK.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, TinyHands said:

Kristin looks huge.

DDADC0E9-B003-4573-B90D-18EC5157F801.jpeg

I would not consider Kristen "huge".  Is she out of shape? more than likely.  Can she get back in shape in time for Training camp? probably. 

After watching this show for so many years and hearing TPTB harp on these girls in regards to how much weight they've gained since last year (or last week), and then adding to it the severe underweight girls on the calendar shoot this year, I feel myself on the verge of a DCC weight and "DCC" look revolt. 

I'm just tired of the stick thin, and ribs showing on the girls.  They are supposed to be healthy athletes/dancers.  I feel that "health" should be the mainstay as opposed to their weight number.  I feel that TPTB do a disservice to these girls as well as their "brand" when they put them in these teeny tiny bottoms, that really only look good on a specific body type.  The top of the uniform and sleeves flatter all diverse bust sizes. Yet the bottoms of the uniform are the exact opposite.

I know they are proud of the tradition of their "iconic" uniform, but maybe it is time for a change to the uniform so that they can include a more diverse group, regardless if they have a "thut", have short legs, or are large boned, muscled or stick thin. 

I'm not saying they should encourage people to be "out of shape", but rather they encourage a "healthy yet fit" work environment, whether the girl is a size 00 or a 2.

Rant over...

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
20 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

I wish that guy would have tried out. This team needs something interesting/a different energy. Or have Rowdy dance with them. Something.

I vote to show more Phil.  Anytime he dances with the girls he rocks my world.

• Love 6

Does anyone know if that girl that was being discussed a few boards back from the Charlotte honeybees made it??

I’m so bummed madi didn’t make it, I’m rooting for Meredith to make it this year.

Also, can someone give me a list of the vets that are retiring besides Lacey and Kashara?

And also does anyone know who was rookie of the year and veteran of the year?

Side note: I wonder if Kelli’s daughter will ever tryout once she finishes school 

3 hours ago, LynneH said:

I would not consider Kristen "huge".  Is she out of shape? more than likely.  Can she get back in shape in time for Training camp? probably. 

After watching this show for so many years and hearing TPTB harp on these girls in regards to how much weight they've gained since last year (or last week), and then adding to it the severe underweight girls on the calendar shoot this year, I feel myself on the verge of a DCC weight and "DCC" look revolt. 

I'm just tired of the stick thin, and ribs showing on the girls.  They are supposed to be healthy athletes/dancers.  I feel that "health" should be the mainstay as opposed to their weight number.  I feel that TPTB do a disservice to these girls as well as their "brand" when they put them in these teeny tiny bottoms, that really only look good on a specific body type.  The top of the uniform and sleeves flatter all diverse bust sizes. Yet the bottoms of the uniform are the exact opposite.

I know they are proud of the tradition of their "iconic" uniform, but maybe it is time for a change to the uniform so that they can include a more diverse group, regardless if they have a "thut", have short legs, or are large boned, muscled or stick thin. 

I'm not saying they should encourage people to be "out of shape", but rather they encourage a "healthy yet fit" work environment, whether the girl is a size 00 or a 2.

Rant over...

I am going to respectfully disagree with the idea that people, including this board, really are tired of the current DCC look in regards to weight. I’m echoing a fellow poster here (sorry can’t remember the name)  who called out the hypocrisy of the weight comments on this board.

Minus Daphne, who we can all agree doesn’t look great, the margin of “acceptable” weight seems to very acute. All you have to do is scroll a few pages back, when they were on calendar to view the comments about how several girls were “thick” or “stocky” or had gained weight. When it comes to DCC, we are probably talking about 5 pounds at most. Additionally, the “thick” comes from muscle on most of them. So literally the opposite of not in shape. Not attacking you at all, just stating that the majority seem to be fine with holding DCC to a look with a very small margin of change before being called “not the DCC look”. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, WendyW said:

Does anyone know if that girl that was being discussed a few boards back from the Charlotte honeybees made it??

I’m so bummed madi didn’t make it, I’m rooting for Meredith to make it this year.

Also, can someone give me a list of the vets that are retiring besides Lacey and Kashara?

Side note: I wonder if Kelli’s daughter will ever tryout once she finishes school 

Say, WHAT? Madi didn't make it to finals? ;( Awwww! I was really hoping she would make it! 😞

(edited)
1 hour ago, WendyW said:

.Also, can someone give me a list of the vets that are retiring besides Lacey and Kashara?

Ditto pls all I can remember is Kelli Sullivan, Khalyn Cole?

Edited by DCCFanInKy
added something
1 hour ago, WendyW said:

All the retiring vets:  Jessika, Tasha, Khalyn, KaShara, Kelli, Lacey, Yuko.

(edited)
22 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Ditto pls all I can remember is Kelli Sullivan, Khalyn Cole?

Tasha is retiring as well. 

Yuko and jessika! Those were the others!

Edited by PrincessLeia
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, WendyW said:

It would be interesting if Sam (Kelli’s daughter) tried out. My daughter did competitive cheer with her, but she never struck me as obsessed with DCC despite who her mom is.

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, SingleMom9 said:

It would be interesting if Sam (Kelli’s daughter) tried out. My daughter did competitive cheer with her, but she never struck me as obsessed with DCC despite who her mom is.

Didn’t Sam try out for her college team last year?  She graduates next year.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, SingleMom9 said:

After watching a video of her in a prep class, I would say Sam has a good head on her shoulders and realizes she's just not cut out to be a DCC. 

Nope.  Sorry.   I don't see her as being "DCC."  🤷‍♀️  There are so many other candidates that look "DCC" to me, especially this year.  The last two photos are from Jenn's prep class.  Taylor T. even looks better in the prep class then at actual auditions. 😬

DCC-prelims-set-13.jpg

DCC-prelims-set-3.jpg

DCC-Prep-class-11.jpg

DCC-Prep-class-17.jpg

DCC-prelims-set-9.jpg

(edited)
8 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

After watching a video of her in a prep class, I would say Sam has a good head on her shoulders and realizes she's just not cut out to be a DCC. 

Do you have a link to that? I don't think I've ever seen Sam dance.

Edited by DCCFanInKy
Fixed formatting
On 5/21/2019 at 7:44 PM, LadyMsJay said:

I'm not. Especially if this round is solely based on who scored the highest. 

Listen...literally all of them ought to know this. Hell, I even know the damn kickline. Perhaps its "taught" to perfect technique and ensure the girls know how to do it uniformly.

Not at all. Especially if she earns it. I just think many people were put off by her attitude and immaturity. 

How they can make mistakes in the kickline, I will never know. They do it alllll the time. You just need to practice it a couple of times as a dancer and it sticks in your head. If it doesn't, they're probably not right for the team. If there's one thing I know, it's kicks!

• Love 2

Due to weather, looks like we'll see a different entrance for Phil and the numbers board this year.

(two temp videos attached - they never showed him unveiling the board though)

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Due to weather, looks like we'll see a different entrance for Phil and the numbers board this year.

(two temp videos attached - they never showed him unveiling the board though)

Team Phil. 🙂

Please, dear God, let us see more of him and less product promotion or Melissa the Mentor.

• Love 6

Hey, I have not been paying attention to DCC that last year, can someone tell me who is retiring ?(& if someone got during the season ? )

(edited)
7 minutes ago, mmm said:

Hey, I have not been paying attention to DCC that last year, can someone tell me who is retiring ?(& if someone got during the season ? )

Scroll up to near the top of this page. I posted a picture of the retiring vets.

Edited by MrsEVH
4 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Scroll up to near the top of this page. I posted a picture of the retiring vets.

Ohh !! Thanks

Only them, There were mid seasons cuts or departure like last season ?

On 5/22/2019 at 8:10 PM, tigafer said:

B5BF7173-862B-4A60-83E3-4D61FE9156A0.thumb.jpeg.ae5f62d1103b6063e950e618b5635f0c.jpeg

What on Earth is going on in this girls shorts?

Mic pack 

• Love 1
(edited)
2 minutes ago, mmm said:

Ohh !! Thanks

You're welcome.  No cuts or departures;  everyone stayed until the end of the season.

Edited by MrsEVH
38 minutes ago, mmm said:

Ohh !! Thanks

Mic pack 

That's Amanda Dilks (@amandadilks), former pageant girl and current model, the one that could give Rachel Wyatt a good run for her money. Figures that they want to interview her!

• Love 1
(edited)
9 hours ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Do you have a link to that? I don't think I've ever seen Sam dance.

I don't. It was shared on the board last year sometime, but before everything was archived. I'll try and dig it back up, but someone else may remember---it came from instagram I think. 

Edited by Loves2Dance
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

I don't. It was shared on the bored last year sometime, but before everything was archived. I'll try and dig it back up, but someone else may remember---it came from instagram I think. 

Wasn't she at Sarah G's class?

Does anyone know if there is an issue between the DCC and the Kilgore Rangerettes? It seems like every year (just like this year) there are one or two Rangerettes that make finals. Several Rangerettes have gone on to become DCC and I never see any mention of it on the Rangerettes social media. Why aren't the Rangerettes showing their pride in this? I see mentions of other college teams Rangerettes go to, but no mention of the pros. This seems strange.

• Love 1
(edited)
21 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Does anyone know if there is an issue between the DCC and the Kilgore Rangerettes? It seems like every year (just like this year) there are one or two Rangerettes that make finals. Several Rangerettes have gone on to become DCC and I never see any mention of it on the Rangerettes social media. Why aren't the Rangerettes showing their pride in this? I see mentions of other college teams Rangerettes go to, but no mention of the pros. This seems strange.

deleted

Edited by Tootie
23 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

On one page of the Former DCC thread that was deleted, there was a post from someone showing pics of the Kilgore Rangerettes that have gone on to become a DCC.  Does anyone remember this?  Or who posted it?  I assumed it was from something Kilgore posted.

Ashley Hancock (OKC Thundergirl)

Brianna Shea (Kilgore Rangerettes)

Cassiday Kay  (Kilgore Rangerettes)

Emily Shymkiw  (Kilgore Rangerettes)

Gracie Blanchard (Arkansas Pom Squad)

Kristen Dodd (U of New Mexico Dance Team)

Lisa Mills  (Arkansas Pom Squad)

Meredith Madden (Dance major, U of South Carolina)

Raven Elise Anzaldua (UTA Dance Team)

Sheridan Donevant (TCU Showgirls)

Tiffany Taliaferro (Houston Texans)

On 5/20/2019 at 12:59 PM, Squeek said:

This is what I've picked out of the other thread:
Alexa @alexamay17 (TCU)
Alexandra Mica/Pena
Ally (Ice Angels)
Amanda Dilks @amandadilks (Philly Flyers)
Ariana (Alicia) Vargas @_arianavargas (UTSA)
Ashley Hancock @ashleyahancock (DMD)      
Brianna Shea @brianna_shea_ (Legends)
Cassiday Kay @itzcassidykay_ (DCRB)
Chandi Dayle  @chandidayle (UofAZ pom)
Emily Shymkiw @emmyshymmy (UT Dance)
Gina Marie Campagna @ginamariecampagna (Trinity HS/Pagents)
Gracie Blanchard @bythegracieofgod (OKC Thunder)
Jasmin @jasmin.marie26 (Ice Angels)
Julia Fife @juliafife (DMD)
Katy Shaffer @katyshaffy (UCLA)
Kaylee (Ice Angels)
Kelcey Wetterburg @kelceywetterberg (Nebraska)
Kelly Brice @_kells.bells_ (Legends)
Kristen Dodd @kdodd_10 (Ice Angels)
Lacey @laceyjean17 (St. Louis Rams)
Lauren Ligon @lauren_ligon (TCU Showgirl)
Lexie Bazzano @lexie_bazzano (Weber State Dance Team)
Lily Johnson @lilyjay21 (University of Kentucky)
Lisa Mills @lisa_mills (DMD)
Malena Brown @malena_brown (TC last year)
Meredith Madden @meredithmadden
Raven Elise Anzaldua @ravenelise24 (former Ice Angel)
Sheridan Donevant @sheridan.donevant (DMD)
Taylor Tauss @taytauss (UofAZ pom)
Tiffany Taliaferro @tiff_taliaferro
Victoria Kalina @victoriaakalina (TC last year)

Sheridan Donevant is TCU not DMD

(edited)

I remember seeing a video on Facebook yesterday from the DCC Making the Team Facebook team about the announcement of the 2018 squad.  The caption said "Watch Watching the official 2018 DCC squad get announced still makes me emotional".  Besides the grammar issue, I thought "Is the reason it gets you emotional because you're happy Victoria didn't make the squad because of her bad decisions or because you thought she should have been on the squad and wasn't?"  Also, before I realized it was the MTT page and not the DCC page itself, I thought "Was Kelli emotional because she was thinking how Victoria should be out there because she 'earned' her spot but got cut before her time despite her bad decisions or was she emotional because a lot of her own bad decisions and poor judgement calls were on television for people to see?"

I will stop here before I go off into another dissertation on the whole Victoria/Kelli/Tina issue AGAIN.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6