Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

11 minutes ago, TUOwl84 said:

image1 (31).jpeg

Brianna is so pretty 😍 Christina looks nice. Kind of wanted to see her wear a neon three-piece business suit that had the torpedo tits on maximum view.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
(edited)

Tiffany Taliaferro has quite a lot posted on her Insta story.  Said they were taking them in groups of 4 but since one veteran recently retired (must be Lauren) and another candidate was late (yikes), it only ended up being her and Madeline.  She did say she felt the interview went well even though instead of a few questions, they each were asked about 8 since it was only the two of them.

I cobbled together her separate vids describing what happened after panel (getting their finals outfits, shoe fitting and weigh in) into one temporary video in case anyone is interested.  Poor girl says she's currently about 8-10 lbs lighter due to nerves and this is the weight they now expect her to maintain.  Yikes.

Tif Taliaferro Panels.png

Edited by go4luca
clarity
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Poor girl says she's currently about 8-10 lbs lighter due to nerves and this is the weight they now expect her to maintain

Seriously!!!  If she makes it to TC she will lose even more weight with the dancing.  And please don't let her get in trouble for giving us intel:(

• Love 6
(edited)
11 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Seriously!!!  If she makes it to TC she will lose even more weight with the dancing.  And please don't let her get in trouble for giving us intel:(

I don't think anything she's sharing is bad, it just lets us know the process.  I agree she will lose weight during TC but hope she can maintain not going over 122 if she makes the team since that isn't her normal weight of 130-133.

Edited by go4luca
typo
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

Lily the one who tried out last year and was brought into the office once and was cut?

Yep.  The next to last one (Malena) IIRC.  Considering it was Lily's first time being called in and how late in the game it was (the next to last night of TC?), I thought she handled it quite well.  Definitely a lot better than Malena's meltdown.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, go4luca said:

Amy looks cute and I wonder when we'll see a 5 year vet again?

amy_nicole_l_31_5_2019_20_46_34_449.jpg.87b4fb6af087d64cab38ee231803aba7.jpg

Probably won't be for another couple of years after Amy is gone! seems like a lot of girls are doing 1-2 years and being done with it. I miss having 4, 5, and hell, 6 year girls on the team.

• Love 5
(edited)
4 minutes ago, loveaux said:

I miss having 4, 5, and hell, 6 year girls on the team.

Me too.  Those vets usually bring a lot to the team.

Edited by go4luca
clarity
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

My husband was given a gift of life by a wonderful young 26 years old woman on April 27, 2004, and I came close to being a donor for my husband myself. I see nothing wrong with the question. People are dying everyday because they cannot get the needed organ to live.

No one should be shamed for not being an organ donor though. In this case, you're praised if you are. If you aren't you either have to awkwardly forced to explain why you can't from a medical standpoint or don't want to because of a principal value. 

It's not an appropriate job interview question, imo. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
(edited)
14 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

No one should be shamed for not being an organ donor though. In this case, you're praised if you are. If you aren't you either have to awkwardly forced to explain why you can't from a medical standpoint or don't want to because of a principal value. 

It's not an appropriate job interview question, imo. 

I admit I was not pro organ donation before we found out he was seriously ill. It hit me hard when I was not able to donate a kidney for him, and it broke my heart when I realize someone will die in order for him to get one. I am curious about how they ask the question and why they ask in the first place. If a person can be a donor and wants to do it, I say great, but no one should be force into doing it.

Edited by bigskygirl
On 5/28/2019 at 11:04 PM, sleepyjean said:

I'm sad to say it, but I agree with this. I like Kelli as a person. I'd love to have a lunch with her. She'd be an interesting and fun friend, and I think she has a good heart. However, the running the DCC as a big business means she has far more responsibilities than a traditional dance team director, and she is stretched way too thin. It's like Kelli got promoted from a regional manager position to a global director. She can't do both jobs, but won't hire a manager to replace her for the day-to-day operations. She still wants to be the face of the group when it comes to the high visibility stuff like CMT, auditions, invitations to special events, etc. Judy also seems too busy being the artistic director to be very engaged with the dancers .

I think what they need is an assistant director. Someone who is hands-on, who runs every rehearsal, who sees what's going on with the team and the captains, who has an open line of communication with every member of the team, who provides the day-to-day leadership, and isn't a peer/bestie to the girls on the team. It seems like what they have instead is a set of group leaders, who change from year to year, along with coaches who step in here and there. It seems like the lack of consistent, dialed-in leadership is what leads to some girls getting an inflated idea of their own power and cliques running the show.

I believe this will change when Kelli eventually starts thinking about retiring. Won't happen anytime soon, but I think she will bring on an assistant director at that time.

Jackie Bob would make a great assistant director and eventually director of the DCC.

• Love 12
14 minutes ago, TUOwl84 said:

Anyone else think Hannah's dress is a little short and casual for an interview? 🤔

I was going to say that too. Hoping it is just the camera and perhaps it's a little more formal looking in real life. Alanna and Bridget have short dresses too. 

I am trying to remember the vet that got called out for wearing an inappropriate dress. I think it had cutouts though it wasn't bad. Can't recall who that was.

Anyway I hope they love Hannah as much as I do. Please don't cut her! And I am really liking Caroline now too.

I know everyone loves Bridget but she is looking boxier and boxier to me. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Tuxcat said:

I was going to say that too. Hoping it is just the camera and perhaps it's a little more formal looking in real life. Alanna and Bridget have short dresses too. 

I am trying to remember the vet that got called out for wearing an inappropriate dress. I think it had cutouts though it wasn't bad. Can't recall who that was.

Anyway I hope they love Hannah as much as I do. Please don't cut her! And I am really liking Caroline now too.

Kat in Season 11 who was cut along with two year vet Celia.

2 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

It was Kat with the cutouts.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, go4luca said:

Tiffany Taliaferro has quite a lot posted on her Insta story.  Said they were taking them in groups of 4 but since one veteran recently retired (must be Lauren) and another candidate was late (yikes), it only ended up being her and Madeline.  She did say she felt the interview went well even though instead of a few questions, they each were asked about 8 since it was only the two of them.

I cobbled together her separate vids describing what happened after panel (getting their finals outfits, shoe fitting and weigh in) into one temporary video in case anyone is interested.  Poor girl says she's currently about 8-10 lbs lighter due to nerves and this is the weight they now expect her to maintain.  Yikes.

I wonder who didn’t make their interview?

1 hour ago, go4luca said:

Tif Taliaferro Panels.png

major yikes on the late candidate. whoever was late can kiss their chances pretty much to the ground.

i also feel really bad for her because of the stress and how she's not at her natural weight. poor thing, i hope she communicates that with K&J and they at least TRY to be understanding of it. none of that "these girls are also your height and weigh ___"

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, loveaux said:

major yikes on the late candidate. whoever was late can kiss their chances pretty much to the ground.

i also feel really bad for her because of the stress and how she's not at her natural weight. poor thing, i hope she communicates that with K&J and they at least TRY to be understanding of it. none of that "these girls are also your height and weigh ___"

I wonder what Daphne weighed during TC last year and if she had also dropped some weight with the stress of graduating and trying out.

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

I’m pretty sure he was. I think I saw him and Charlottes daughter sitting at a table eating on one of Jay Johnson’s insta stories. 

Oh sure - send in someone we'd least suspect.  Haley didn't put anything in his food, did she:)

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I wonder what Daphne weighed during TC last year and if she had also dropped some weight with the stress of graduating and trying out.

I wouldn't be surprised if Daph is in the 110's. The stress of graduating, trying out, TC, making the team, and keeping up with performances is stressful enough as it is, and if she's taking the correct measures to keep her body healthy without dropping dangerously low. Something about her weight isn't sitting right with me, and I'm really hoping K&J have had a two on one conversation about her weight and keeping herself health. I know it's not probable that they have, but they have to be mindful about what that says about not only themselves, but the organization as well.

I have major first hand experience with coaches who shout smaller! you look soft! you're getting fat! lose the rolls! (not with me, but teammates) and have seen the detrimental effects it has on them. If they had any ounce of respect and empathy, they'd pull her to the side and talk to her. Sometimes it's not all about the image.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, KaterynParr said:

I prefer Lily's dust ruffle dress to Maddie's dust ruffle dress. I think Alanna chose wisely -- that grey is nice on her. Professional without being TOO stuffy. I am REALLY hoping that's just a bad angle on Bridget.

Don't love Cianna's dress but the necklace is a cute touch.

Cianna looks like she's attending a funeral in Connecticut.

• LOL 2

I think Hannah will always have difficulty finding an appropriate length dress due to her height.  I find I don’t like Maddie’s dress because of how ruffled the bottom was (in comparison to someone who wore a softly ruffled red dress) and I couldn’t discern whether it had rooshing or was just tight.

• Love 4
(edited)

Hi! New poster here!

I found Hannah beautiful on the show, in fact she was one of my favorites, but in pictures she often looks weird. The dress is smidge too short in my opinion but that's the only issue I have with it, it's possible that it's a dress that would be perfectly appropriate on someone shorter. 

I love Maddie too and I actually think her hair is awesome which seems to be unpopular opinion here but her dress makes her look stocky. I feel like because she's so short and has round face, duster, especially on that a dress that length, cuts off vertical flow of the dress and makes her legs look short. I feel like she should have chosen a different cut. 

Edited by Plamena
I wrote taller instead of shorter ^^
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, Griffin said:

Because all black women look alike? Because all black women act alike?

I understand your point, but she definitely reminds me of the other Jasmine. Not Keyra though. I like her more that Danielle’s Jasmine because she always looked full of herself to me, while this Jasmine looks really nice but maybe too nice for DCC (as in, looks timid and reserved). I don’t like her look though and I don’t think we should be shaming anyone who doesn’t like a girl’s look considering that we’ve all commented on somebody’s looks at some point in here.

6 hours ago, go4luca said:

Amy looks cute and I wonder when we'll see a 5 year vet again?

amy_nicole_l_31_5_2019_20_46_34_449.jpg.87b4fb6af087d64cab38ee231803aba7.jpg

I can see Heather staying if she makes point,GL and SG but not PBC. I doubt they would cut a returning point so she would feel somewhat safe and she would have something to look forward to... plus, i never thought she would stay without Maggie and then Kash yet herr we are!

5 hours ago, raindancer said:

seriously that would be so mortifying.....poor girl 😞

No, they should have left home early enough (at least 12 hours prior to the interview is recommended) to account for any obstacles. Unless that was VK. In that case, show her some respect, she had to fight traffic to make the interview which is sooo important to her!!!!!

7 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Different strokes, I love it 🙂

Moi aussi! Wouldn’t wear it to an interview but none of these outfits would be real life interview-appropriate.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, dreamcatcher said:

Danielle’s Jasmine because she always looked full of herself to me, while this Jasmine looks really nice but maybe too nice for DCC (as in, looks timid and reserved).

She does seem a bit timid...maybe it's because she has a soft voice.  I'm rooting for her, I think she seems like a nice person 🙂

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, ByTor said:

She does seem a bit timid...maybe it's because she has a soft voice.  I'm rooting for her, I think she seems like a nice person 🙂

I want her to make the team too because they need stable girls. At the same time, with only 7 spots available (plus one for VK) and so many returning tccs and girls from other squads, it really seems to be a competitive year.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

So if you're not an organ donor are they going to look down on you? Weird question to ask.

I just think it's a very personal question. You wouldn't be asked it in a regular interview so why this one? Just like all of the MeToo stuff last year. I'm glad they asked if they knew what it was but I hope they didn't ask for an opinion on it. The DCC are very traditional and doubt they want them to be portrayed as feminists.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Plamena said:

Hi! New poster here!

I found Hannah beautiful on the show, in fact she was one of my favorites, but in pictures she often looks weird. The dress is smidge too short in my opinion but that's the only issue I have with it, it's possible that it's a dress that would be perfectly appropriate on someone shorter. 

I love Maddie too and I actually think her hair is awesome which seems to be unpopular opinion here but her dress makes her look stocky. I feel like because she's so short and has round face, duster, especially on that a dress that length, cuts off vertical flow of the dress and makes her legs look short. I feel like she should have chosen a different cut. 

Maddie always looks like she headed straight for the Belk clearance rack and nothing fits properly plus dowdy. Don’t know if it’s her build or her taste or both. You can be modest and not dowdy. She’s like the Duggar of the DCC. Although DCC and modest don’t really go together. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 3

I hate how it’s become a prestige thing to wear each other’s old dresses when they seem to pick the ugliest ones to pass around aka holly a/Jen amburns purple dress and that pink and orange one Gina/Cristina/Savannah wore. Looks terrible on Christina.

Also I think Hannah’s dress length is fine. She looks better than the other girls in that pic to me.

also who is his Gracie girl that looks 40? 

• Love 7
(edited)
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

Different strokes, I love it 🙂

It overwhelms her body and is an awkward length. Not a good choice for this girl, but at least it’s DCC  interview appropriate!

Edited by PrincessLeia
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, DCC-UK said:

I just think it's a very personal question. You wouldn't be asked it in a regular interview so why this one? Just like all of the MeToo stuff last year. I'm glad they asked if they knew what it was but I hope they didn't ask for an opinion on it. The DCC are very traditional and doubt they want them to be portrayed as feminists.

I agree and I think it’s inappropriate to ask sensitive questions during a job interview. I don’t buy that they need to see how they would respond to a personal/rude/insensitive question and that’s why they do it. Fans don’t get enough 121 time with the girls to get to asking questions like that. Questions like what would you say to people thinking being a cheerleader is meaningless/sexist/whatever, i get. Politics to a certain degrer i get because it might come up as well. But I’m not a fan of the questions they’re asking most of the time.

I still can’t believe they asked about Trump’s wall for example. that was completely inappropriate.

• Love 4

Give the ladies a written current event test but in the interview, ask them about dance experience, school, etc. I want to know what the dancer thinks makes them stand out from the others. I do not want to hear that this is their life long dream (yawn).  

If we are being honest,  no one is going to be asking the ladies about donor donation, Trump, or the Metoo movement at Albertsons or Dunkin D. 

• Love 9
15 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

I agree and I think it’s inappropriate to ask sensitive questions during a job interview. I don’t buy that they need to see how they would respond to a personal/rude/insensitive question and that’s why they do it. Fans don’t get enough 121 time with the girls to get to asking questions like that. Questions like what would you say to people thinking being a cheerleader is meaningless/sexist/whatever, i get. Politics to a certain degrer i get because it might come up as well. But I’m not a fan of the questions they’re asking most of the time.

I still can’t believe they asked about Trump’s wall for example. that was completely inappropriate.

6 minutes ago, ElenaFR said:

Give the ladies a written current event test but in the interview, ask them about dance experience, school, etc. I want to know what the dancer thinks makes them stand out from the others. I do not want to hear that this is their life long dream (yawn).  

If we are being honest,  no one is going to be asking the ladies about donor donation, Trump, or the Metoo movement at Albertsons or Dunkin D. 

I'm not from US so take this with a grain of salt.

I agree that organ donor question is weird because it's not an issue that would come up ever for them but both Trump and MeToo are things that they are either likely to be asked or is a good gauge of how they deal with unexpected controversial topics. 

Trump is to test how they are at handling controversial topics and MeToo is something that is 100% going to be asked of them if they are ever interviewed by any remotely inquisitive reporter. It's a huge issue now and when you have a public job that is basically about dancing in skimpy outfits for predominantly male audience(I'm not saying this is necessarily true but it's how general public perceives cheerleaders) it's a valid question to ask and they need to know how to answer it.

• Love 11