Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E13: Under Pressure

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, PityFree said:

LOL!  I was thinking the same exact thing about Grangela and the plastic cake lid!!!  I struggle and struggle with them. 

I couldn’t believe they make such a nice cake over there.  Like my local supermarket.  Anywho, why do these people here go through all that trouble to get a bride or husband in a foreign country?  Why not just a dating site here in the U.S,A.?  Have they exhausted all the sites?  Besides the plane fare, they have to deal with the dowry, and K2’s or whatever they are, and all the problems with the families and the lack of language.  Just seeing where Akinyi lives and the ways of her family and their customs makes me sick.  We all live in Paradise here.  Thank God.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
40 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

Well, I can’t say this stuff doesn’t work.  My husband played golf with this neighbor of ours who went on line and marries a chick from Ukraine.  She cooks up a storm, keeps an immaculate house, is better looking than him and they are very happy together for five yrs.  Go figure.  Sometimes it works.  They just bought a beautiful new house and are moving to S. Carolina.  P.s.  she also works.

Well.... I've heard, there may or may not, hypothetically, be some higher profile guys in the public eye (possibly in politics, I'm not sure) for whom the mail order bride thing seems to be working out.😁

• LOL 18
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, brilliantbreakfast said:

I'm baffled by the hate for Avery's mother (who yes, does bear a strong resemblance to an overweight version of Valerie Bertinelli).  If I'd converted to Islam suddenly at 19, my mother would have kicked me out and never spoken to me again. 

Yes, I see the Valerie Bertinelli thing now.

Wow on the rest.  Being a non believer of any kind of religion I did learn that Christians, Jews and Muslims are all the same - children of Abraham.  Jesus is actually featured more in holy books of the other 2.  My friend in college once said, "You desert people are crazy".  Touche!  She is Hindi.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

Rebecca is worried about Zied rejecting her?

Hell no, Zied is as focused as MyCull to get his fat gut in his yellow top to the US.

3 times married...no problem

Lady on lady action in the past...no problem

Tats...no problem

Old lady bits....no problem

Rebecca currently legally married to a Muslim Moroccan man...Zied may at least blink...

Zied blinks less than most people....amirite?

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 17
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

I couldn’t believe they make such a nice cake over there.  Like my local supermarket.  Anywho, why do these people here go through all that trouble to get a bride or husband in a foreign country?  Why not just a dating site here in the U.S,A.?  Have they exhausted all the sites?  Besides the plane fare, they have to deal with the dowry, and K2’s or whatever they are, and all the problems with the families and the lack of language.  Just seeing where Akinyi lives and the ways of her family and their customs makes me sick.  We all live in Paradise here.  Thank God.

I wonder if the distance is appealing. You don't have to worry about getting your heart broken. And also, maybe there is something oddly romantic about loving someone who you haven't met? It feels daring and exciting. Finally maybe they exhausted all the people in the US! 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Toaster Strudel said:

He's not even short, just a narrow build.

With very, very strange eyebrow game, and that hair-do...Yeah, I'm with Jennifer, dude aint manly at all. And while we're on the topic of manly, these two are like opposites - she's manly and he's not. If you look at it that way, they make a great pair!

Omar, Omar, Omar...you say you like Avery's spunkiness now, but you wont when she's whinging on about wanting to go to a hair salon whilst bombs are dropping around her in Syria. It's not worth it. Go home, find a nice local gal. Speaking of which, why can't he find a nice local gal?

Big Ange is an abusive piece of shit, but Mikey is desperate to seal his American green card so he keeps coming back for more. He's got so much invested in this scam and to back out now would make him even more idiotic in the eyes of his family and friends. The dude cant win this game, it's Lose-Lose no matter which way you look at it. He deserves it for being a Kindergarten Level Scammer. He should have waited until he completed his Scammers Certificate before trying to bag a green card. He's probably a case study in Lagos on What Not To Do in Scammer Academies all over the city...

DUHrcey is a moron. Why Tom is there is beyond me. I'd have replied to the initial text with "We're exhausted and going to the hotel to shower and sleep. We'll see you in the morning for a late breakfast. Night!" But Tom deserves everything he's getting because he knew all about what she was like from the Jesse fiasco. The man has internet access, so, yanno...

Ben needs to leave. IF he ends up getting permission to marry Akinyi, it'll only be because Fidel and Father Akinyi want access to harvest Ben's American Dollars...Little do they know, the field in which Ben sows his American Dollars has long ran fallow.

• Love 13
4 hours ago, Xena said:

My fellow Primetimers - I rewound the 'fight' that Darcy\Stacey had at the Albanian bridge two times - I can't understand the mumbledebrargh way that they both talk, I'm sure the lip injections don't help.  I cannot for the life of me understand - what the fight was about?  Can anyone help enlighten me?  I know I'm also asking you to apply logic and reason regarding these two, and I know that may be impossible.  Please do the best you can - what were they arguing about?

I was so confused and I asked my 14 year old daughter who was watching it w/ me. And she explained it PERFECTLY (as only a 14 year old could). LOL

2 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

Every week the twins are getting uglier and uglier, especially Darcy.  Lips are getting too big, noses are spreading, whole faces are too puffy.  Too much Botox.

Actually it's filler that makes you puffy. Botox just paralyzes your muscles and nerves.

1 hour ago, A-Lo said:

Darcey made a huge error in judgement by opting to go to Albania so Tom could meet her sister instead of going on the beach trip he'd planned.  What he got to see was just how emotionally stunted she is...even more so than he thought...by watching those young teenage-like interactions between Darcey and Stacey.  Aren't those women in their 50's?  Coulda fooled me!

40s! LOL Only 43, I think.

On the bridge, I thought it was a totally innocent gesture when Stacey attempted to smooth a few of Darcey's fly away hair before the group pic. And Darcey immediately went in on Stacey, pulling at Stacey's (much cuter) ponytail and calling it a pompom and telling her to worry about herself. 

I'm sorry (only child here) but I don't see any fondness btwn these two, esp coming from Darcey towards Stacey. How the hell do they manage to live, work and raise their kids together? The hatred just feels so palpable. Darcey seems desperate for Stacey's approval and Stacey can't seem to wipe the smug, glaring sneer off her face long enough to say two civil words to her. How can this be? (They're twins who do everything together.)

• LOL 1
  • Love 17
37 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Because he didn't let himself get taken. He found a legitimate dating site and a legitimate woman. 

Like Matt's Alla from a few seasons ago. A nice attractive woman, not 25, not claiming to be a model, not grasping. I bet she makes a lovely home too, is kind to Matt, and that they have a nice life together. These twits who think that a girl like Maria (if that's really her name!) would give them the time of day deserve to be taken. Caesar is a simpleton. And now he's a broke, humiliated simpleton. 

2 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Anyone else think Tom slept with Darcey to shut her up? Backfired horribly.

Tom does not have the knowledge about women that he claims. If he did he'd know that sticking his peen in Darcy would be tantamount to scouting venues for the engagement party. 

• LOL 19
  • Love 2

Rebecca thinks her boyfriend's sister's dislike of her extends beyond taking Zeid to America.  Honey, I'm American.  I wouldn't want your 3x married (and currently legally married) sourpuss dating my brother if you were to to stay in the same state I live in.  I can't imagine the family that would want you dating their loved one.

Edited by sasha206
  • LOL 1
  • Love 19
33 minutes ago, PityFree said:

LOL!  I was thinking the same exact thing about Grangela and the plastic cake lid!!!  I struggle and struggle with them. 

Yeah, I do, too. And I am very, very troubled by the age and racial components of this pair combined with the extremely abusive behavior. He must be extremely desperate to get to the U.S., but as someone else here noted, does he know that he's going to be living the trailer park trash life? I hope he gets here and scams the fuck out of her because even though he puts up with it and is begging, she goes way, way, way too fucking far. 

• Love 21
1 minute ago, politichick said:

And I am very, very troubled by the age and racial components of this pair combined with the extremely abusive behavior.

I agree. I did a whole body cringe when Angela first arrived on the scene (remember those days? those halcyon days before we knew about Angela? It was a simpler time...). She referred to Michael as "My Sexy Nigerian"! Gawd, why not just call him Mandingo and have done? Her behavior toward him is repellent. Michael is an idiot with terrible taste but he doesn't deserve Angela and her shady family. 

• Love 24
15 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Anyone else think Tom slept with Darcey to shut her up? Backfired horribly.

11 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Tom does not have the knowledge about women that he claims. If he did he'd know that sticking his peen in Darcy would be tantamount to scouting venues for the engagement party. 

[laughing with tears in my eyes,]  STOP, STOP, I CAN'T TAKE MUCH MORE!

• LOL 7
5 minutes ago, politichick said:

but as someone else here noted, does he know that he's going to be living the trailer park trash life? I hope he gets here and scams the fuck out of her because even though he puts up with it and is begging, she goes way, way, way too fucking far. 

That was me, but upon reflection, maybe his end game is to get here and ghost the bitch?   How hard can it be to get "lost" in the US?  Didn't Molly's fuckboi have a Canadian escape route?

4 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Gawd, why not just call him Mandingo

Boy, I've tap danced around that term, but the nasty old bat just brings it on herself.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, kacesq said:

I cannot figure out Omar in all this.  He doesn't seem like he's in it for a visa, and yet he also doesn't seem that enthralled with his tantrum-throwing fiancee....something about the way the two of them mumbled "Love you" when her mom kicked him out, and also he didn't seem that eager to marry her last episode "oh this is not my wrong, we can't get married" - flash forward to Avery's mom, getting a clergyman and a date locked down...only to turn around and be all "are you sure you want to go through with this?"

I really think he went to this thinking he’d get to know Avery first and they’d plan for a wedding at a later point if it felt right. I don’t doubt Omar likes Avery, but I can tell there are things about her that confuse him that would be dealbreakers if he weren’t so anxious about leaving Syria. Like, it really does seem she converted by reading a Wikipedia article and then declaring herself Muslim. I don’t see a true dedication to the faith and I don’t think Omar does either.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Gobi said:

I couldn't figure it out either. I think that the unspoken cause was that this was where Fluoride proposed to Stacey, and Tom shot down any chance of the same for Darcy.

Each accused the other of not being happy for her. Darcy is boiling with jealousy that Stacy is engaged, thinks Stacy is dragging out the engagement too long, and isn’t supportive of Darcy’s relationship. Stacy thinks Darcy doesn’t want to let Stacy “enjoy her engagement” . They were having trouble wrapping those inflated lips around some of the words though. I think Florian is getting a taste of what these two are like together and Tom just looks like he’s regretting the last 4 years of corresponding with Darcy. Apparently internet pen pal Darcy is very different than in person Darcy. 

Finally, the black knee socks have got to go. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 9

Has anyone else noticed that Zied can really only say, "Yesssth! So bootiful!" in English? Like that is all he ever says. Once in awhile, "no babeee, too sexxxxy" when Rebecca attempts to don one of her hideous sateen tops. There doesn't seem to be much going on upstairs with this one. 

• LOL 18
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, iwasish said:

Each accused the other of not being happy for her. Darcy is boiling with jealousy that Stacy is engaged, thinks Stacy is dragging out the engagement too long, and isn’t supportive of Darcy’s relationship. Stacy thinks Darcy doesn’t want to let Stacy “enjoy her engagement” . They were having trouble wrapping those inflated lips around some of the words though. I think Florian is getting a taste of what these two are like together and Tom just looks like he’s regretting the last 4 years of corresponding with Darcy. Apparently internet pen pal Darcy is very different than in person Darcy. 

Finally, the black knee socks have got to go. 

Just like I continue to regret watching her on this show. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
30 minutes ago, politichick said:

Yeah, I do, too. And I am very, very troubled by the age and racial components of this pair combined with the extremely abusive behavior. He must be extremely desperate to get to the U.S., but as someone else here noted, does he know that he's going to be living the trailer park trash life? I hope he gets here and scams the fuck out of her because even though he puts up with it and is begging, she goes way, way, way too fucking far. 

She's abusive and gross, easily the grossest person ever to appear on one of these shows.

• LOL 1
  • Love 23
2 minutes ago, EastCoast4Life said:

Has anyone else noticed that Zied can really only say, "Yesssth! So bootiful!" in English? Like that is all he ever says. Once in awhile, "no babeee, too sexxxxy" when Rebecca attempts to don one of her hideous sateen tops. There doesn't seem to be much going on upstairs with this one. 

Rebecca hasn’t got much going on up there herself either. Her major interest in Zied seems to be focused south of the border. His interest in her is mostly in her ability to get him to America. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
Just now, Dobian said:

She's abusive and gross, easily the grossest person ever to appear on one of these shows.

And to think, at the time this was filmed, just days earlier (maybe only one day?), she was painting him with body paint, licking it off, and handcuffing him to the bed, after they had a street fight. 

• LOL 6
2 minutes ago, EastCoast4Life said:

And to think, at the time this was filmed, just days earlier (maybe only one day?), she was painting him with body paint, licking it off, and handcuffing him to the bed, after they had a street fight. 

I had almost blocked that visual, thank you for refreshing it. Looks like another sleepless night for me. 

• LOL 14
12 minutes ago, AnnMarie17 said:

Note:  my husband verbally skewers people on reality TV and when I give him a hard time he always says these people sign a "social contract" when they agree to go on television and, in that contract, they agree to be dragged by viewers.  Last night, as I analyzed Tim out loud to get at what I was seeing, my husband said "ah, so I see you've finally read the contract." 🤣)

Well, don't hold out on us!  Give Mr. Ann-Marie17 his own screen to chime in!  

7 minutes ago, iwasish said:

Rebecca hasn’t got much going on up there herself either. Her major interest in Zied seems to be focused south of the border. His interest in her is mostly in her ability to get him to America. 

Fingers crossed that her "eggs" have passed the sell-by date!  That's a breeding that really doesn't need to take.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
On 9/16/2019 at 5:50 AM, noveltylibrary said:

She was so desperate that everything went well that she didn't care....when she said she's worried he saw how the two sisters can be, it was exactly how she said she worried when her kids saw how she and Jesse can be.  She has no business being in a relationship.  Except for our fun of course!

She was worried about him seeing her dysfunctional sisterly relationship, but SHE is the one who pushed the visit to Albania. If she was so "worried" that trip didn't have to happen. In fact, seeing the attitudes of all involved, I think SHE is the only one that was pushing for this awkward not-fun "couples retreat."

Edited by ChiMama
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, EastCoast4Life said:

Please excuse me while I bleach my brains and eyes.

Or, as Darcey and Stacy would call it: a spa treatment.

• LOL 12
7 hours ago, renatae said:

Grangela's jealousy and abusiveness is ridiculous. Say buhbye, Mahkul. I do think if he'd have stayed off soshul media as he promised, things might be different, but she'd probably find something else to gripe about.

That's the thing with abusers though. Their abuse victims can be "perfect" - that is, they can do everything the abuser demands, keep their head down, etc., and the abuser will still find a reason to get angry and become abusive. I find her disgusting. It is very hard to watch abuse as entertainment. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, iwasish said:

Yes... Like I know sex is important but being able to talk to one another should be somewhat a priority...

Zied: "I hope you like cook my sister. I love cook my sister so much"

Edited by Thisgirllovespasta
  • LOL 13
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

Its her job to make that money for her boss. She gets her pay and he collects the bulk of it. 

In other words like a prostitute, but all she has to do is talk on the phone.  The pictures of her are probably someone else.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Dobian said:

Rebecca: So the producers want me to reveal my big secret to Zied today, but I can't do that one, he'll dump me.  So I'll just trot out a backup big secret that I used to be a lesbian.  Everyone wins!

This is why I often roll my eyes when someone says “production driven”. You can’t make this crap up.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, DiamondGirl said:

She is evil to have gotten so involved with him and his family when she knows she’s not available.  I don’t know how long divorces take in Georgia, or if she’ll even be approved to bring another K1 person over when she finally is single.  I just despise this woman.

Rebecca's story line is fake. Let me see if I understand this.  Instead of telling Zied she is married, she blurted out that she had a lesbian affair. The tattoos and the three ex-husbands didn't "make him angry", so he passed those tests.  Now it's time to pull out the lesbian affair.  This should really rankle him.  It is all a bit much.  In the current political climate, there is no way ICE is going to allow her to sponsor another K1 fiancé in the near future and TLC knows it.  So, given the premise of the show, she shouldn't have been casted. 

I am not enjoying this season. Only Avery and Benjamin's storylines seem authentic. The others seem way over the top and hard for me to believe. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, not you again said:

Thank you; this made me remember something I wanted to bring up.  It didn't escape my notice that last night in talking to his sister in the kitchen, hovering over her creepily, Zied said . . . sounding like a stereotypical camel trader from a bad movie . . . "She says she can get me work in America!"  Can't remember if he said job or work.  But I think he showed his hand right there regarding his willingness for anything to be OK.  He just wants to get to the US, period.

ETA:  And what does that say about Rebecca's MO, as well?  She's awful.

I also took note of his carefully worded conversation with his mother when he mentions wanting to propose and mom saying she wants him to have a better life. She also said several times that Becky with the bad hair is what she expected. It makes me think mom had a heads up and will go along with it if Yellow stay puffed really wanted to go to the US.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, NoWhammies said:

That's the thing with abusers though. Their abuse victims can be "perfect" - that is, they can do everything the abuser demands, keep their head down, etc., and the abuser will still find a reason to get angry and become abusive. I find her disgusting. It is very hard to watch abuse as entertainment. 

If he wasn’t on social media, she’d accuse him of hiding what he’s doing from her. Nothing he does will ever be right, he’ll never be able to satisfy her. (that’s outside of bed)

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

In other words like a prostitute, but all she has to do is talk on the phone.  The pictures of her are probably someone else.

Yes and her boss is like her "pimp". He gets his cut. 

I'm sure there was some sexy talk between her and Ceasar. 

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, NoWhammies said:

Yes, she will always find something to get angry at with him. I know he is a scammer and wants that green card but  I think he would be a pretty agreeable guy if she were to bring him to the states. 

• Love 1
19 hours ago, HappyDancex2 said:

The baby pickles are "oh so beautiful."  Zied makes me giggle.  I wish Rebecca would not pick stuff up at the market, smell it and then put it back down.

I can't stand pickles so to hear them described as oh so beautiful makes me gag and giggle at the same time.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I also took note of his carefully worded conversation with his mother when he mentions wanting to propose and mom saying she wants him to have a better life. She also said several times that Becky with the bad hair is what she expected. 

If she got him to the states, I can imagine he’ll be working with her spying on straying husbands and planting GPS units on cars. Perhaps she imagines them as the next incarnation of Dog the Bounty Hunter and his wife. She’s got the leather jacket and the tattoos. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
On 9/12/2019 at 9:39 AM, magemaud said:

I thought it was horrible when, after she storms off, Angela is shown sitting at the hotel bar smoking and drinking a beer (at least she's using a mug, keep classy, Ange) and complaining (to production) about Michael. He comes in bearing a Coke as a peace offering and Angela flings it across the room, "I don' wan' your damn Coke, Mikuhl" 

That was obviously for the show and her storming off a ranting about stupid controlling crap that she sets him up for is exhausting. He wants to go to the USA so bad he's trying to anticipate what answer to give that will make her happy. I wish he'd get a backbone and post on instagram that he wants an American woman to love, marry and have children with. I am pretty sure Angela is not the only desperate woman willing to marry Michael. He needs the confidence to realize if he's being threatened, he needs to move on to the next.

• Love 9

Tom wants teevee fame so he hitched his weenus into Darcey...

4 years of Face timing to Darcey who yammered on and on about Jesse..the gnashing of teeth, her crying, her wailing , the weeping...

Tom signed the dotted TLC contract to be all in for the fake story line of meeting Stacey and her Eurobot Fluoride....he looks like a unwashed ferret....

Stacey is very jealous of Darcey's TLC career.

• LOL 6
  • Love 11
Just now, iwasish said:

If she got him to the states, I can imagine he’ll be working with her spying on straying husbands and planting GPS units on cars. Perhaps she imagines them as the next incarnation of Dog the Bounty Hunter and his wife. She’s got the leather jacket and the tattoos. 

Beth Chapman would eat Rebecca for breakfast, but I can see Zied working with her. He can look through binoculars while saying, "Yesssth, he cheaths! Babbeeee!"

• LOL 20
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Chalby said:

That was obviously for the show and her storming off a ranting about stupid controlling crap that she sets him up for is exhausting. He wants to go to the USA so bad he's trying to anticipate what answer to give that will make her happy. I wish he'd get a backbone and post on instagram that he wants an American woman to love, marry and have children with. I am pretty sure Angela is not the only desperate woman willing to marry Michael. He needs the confidence to realize if he's being threatened, he needs to move on to the next.

I think he would find one and probably a pretty decent one at that. 

• Love 14

Cesare crying as he looks out into Cancun Bay.....Cut...as the camera crew and production clear the equipment...Cesare  has already started trolling for the singles websites for another Ukraine babe for him to have a lovey dovey relationship....

Idiots like Ceasare never learn their lesson...he is still looking for his soul mate...

• Love 10
8 hours ago, renatae said:

Akinyi's brother is being extremely rude, and I can't believe he is guilting her for even bringing Ben around. Her father's missed appearance is all on himself. That nonsense blaming Ben and telling him he needs to work on himself was uncalled for.

Yeah, how on earth is it his fault that the father did not come to meet him? Ridiculous. Ben may really care for Akini and she seems to like him, but this relationship is doomed and he is in danger.  Run.

• Love 20