Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E13: Under Pressure

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Ange probably doesn't smell all that good.

I've worked in situations where heavy smoking truck drivers would come in my office.   Nicotine literally oozes out of the pores and is really lovely mixed with sweat.  It's a sour smell that doesn't leave the room when they do.

5 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Michael triggers her issues. He doesn't make her do anything. She chooses to react that way.

Absolutely!  But abusers always leave off the "choosing" part.  They would be the picture of civility if their victim would just "act right".  

• Love 17
3 minutes ago, zillabreeze said:

I've worked in situations where heavy smoking truck drivers would come in my office.   Nicotine literally oozes out of the pores and is really lovely mixed with sweat.  It's a sour smell that doesn't leave the room when they do.

Absolutely!  But abusers always leave off the "choosing" part.  They would be the picture of civility if their victim would just "act right".  

I notice the smell from coworkers, my neighbors, general folks I encounter in the shops. I barely use my back deck because of the smoke from the condos around me.

The abuser's victim(s) will never act right. The abusers need to deal with their crap and they normally won't. They will not own their dysfunction until it is repeatedly flipped at them. So Ange and Michael will have a codependent dance of any sort of relationship. It is beyond unhealthy.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, DVDFreaker said:

I can understand the mom’s concerns but she needs to shut up and let Avery make her own decisions and support her 

No, she needs to protect her daughter at all costs from this potentially dangerous situation. As any parent should do.

• Useful 2
  • Love 18

Angela: You can put braids on a pig, but it is still a pig. 

Run, Ben, Run. 

Avery will live anywhere...as long as it's not near her Mother. 

Darcey & Stacey: giphy.gif.d3fd43649938e3ea65e8fc29e3dc8025.gif

Rebecca has a lot of mileage.  3 marriages. Still married to the last one, and now the secret reveal: She was a scissor sister. Like who flipping' cares. However, it was glorious to see  Zied's face when she first told him:

Wat8.jpg.f8f1e9b4cea92e9bc0c66e28ecbf3c09.jpg

Jennifer is bringing it hard. She wants that starring role in a telenovela:

506454867_ScreenShot2019-09-15at9_52_45PM.png.742a74aa9bec7cb51692879f302f085f.png

Edited by Barbara Please
  • LOL 5
  • Love 16
4 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

I’m wondering whether when “Maria” or the syndicate she’s been working for found out there was an American film crew with him, they figured they’d better drop him pretty quickly.  Other times they had tried to meet up and she didn’t show, she didn’t break it off.They were probably afraid they might be discovered as a scam.

She milked him for $40,000. Then she found out he didn't have a lot of money because her flight was canceled due to lack of funds. You would have thought he would take and a hand to after 5 years and $40000.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, jaybird2 said:

i was totally surprised by her non-reaction.  she's been so so desperate that it's embarrassing and painful to watch.

She was so desperate that everything went well that she didn't care....when she said she's worried he saw how the two sisters can be, it was exactly how she said she worried when her kids saw how she and Jesse can be.  She has no business being in a relationship.  Except for our fun of course!

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

I don't agree.  Avery is only 19 and could literally be making a fatal mistake.  

IMO, Mother Avery is bringing up valid concerns while still allowing Avery to make her own decisions.  

You're right, even though I agreed with the OP mainly because I find her annoying and wish she wasn't on the show.  It should be about the couple--unless of course you bring something to the table ie Colty's other end of the umbilical.😁

• LOL 3
8 hours ago, Adeejay said:

It's almost as if Rebecca is going out of her way to make Zied angry.  She will deliberately tell him something that she knows will upset him and then asks him with a straight face if he is angry.  Based on the fact that she still has a husband, I don’t understand why she was allowed to be on a show called, “90 Days Fiancé”.  Unless it’s to manufacture drama. 

I am so glad that Benjamin is travelling with a camera crew, because Akinyi’s brother makes me uncomfortable.

Yasss, so mahch stupid.  I guess she is testing the waters, if the "I had a relationship with a woman," didn't ruffle his feathers she will hit him with "I'm still married," she is worried that Zied will be mad which is stupid because he wants out of that town bad and will put up with any of her baggage.  

I do think it is interesting that she told him about her past, he was no virgin when they met...

Benjamin should have grown a pair and told Brother Bikini that it was he who made her upset, BB knows what he did, he is testing Ben to see if he will stand up for himself...fail.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
5 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

No way Tom wants a relationship with Darcy. The other Bobsie  twins boyfriend is a model like I’m the Queen  

LOL seriously.  Apparently Tom loves hanging out with draggy skanks.  I'm still in stunned awe over his ex lmao

• LOL 7
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, antfitz said:

She milked him for $40,000. Then she found out he didn't have a lot of money because her flight was canceled due to lack of funds. You would have thought he would take and a hand to after 5 years and $40000.

I am guessing she has about 20 other guys stringing along, so ending it wasn't a big deal anyway.  Sick sad world! (Daria anyone?)

On 9/12/2019 at 6:47 PM, Spike said:

The jury is out on which sister got the worse plastic surgery.

I'm going with Darcey because I noticed Stacey doesn't look like her as much anymore.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
On 9/12/2019 at 11:17 PM, HappyDancex2 said:

I understand where Tom is coming from.....I'm exhausted from getting up at 5am, my ankle hurts and I'm dragging 30 pieces of luggage and a giant hair weave that cries on a dime

LMAO genius line she looked like Sigmund from the Sea Monsters walking away in the airport.

• LOL 6
  • Love 8
8 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

I don't agree.  Avery is only 19 and could literally be making a fatal mistake.  

IMO, Mother Avery is bringing up valid concerns while still allowing Avery to make her own decisions.  

This discussion should have happened before they ever got on that plane.  Additionally, if Avery or Omar didn't fund this trip then Mother Avery did and in that case....well, she's a fool is putting it too kindly!

• Love 14
8 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I guess she is testing the waters, if the "I had a relationship with a woman," didn't ruffle his feathers she will hit him with "I'm still married," she is worried that Zied will be mad which is stupid because he wants out of that town bad and will put up with any of her baggage.

It’s such a false theory though.  He grudgingly accepted her past in the lady garden because it’s over, was way before they met, and his family won’t know.

Her other secret of still being married AND to another K1 candidate is current and will affect his own situation.  I think he will be furious and if he’s smart he’ll realize she has no use to him whatsoever.  

She is evil to have gotten so involved with him and his family when she knows she’s not available.  I don’t know how long divorces take in Georgia, or if she’ll even be approved to bring another K1 person over when she finally is single.  I just despise this woman.

• Useful 2
  • Love 17
2 minutes ago, DiamondGirl said:

It’s such a false theory though.  He grudgingly accepted her past in the lady garden because it’s over, was way before they met, and his family won’t know.

Her other secret of still being married AND to another K1 candidate is current and will affect his own situation.  I think he will be furious and if he’s smart he’ll realize she has no use to him whatsoever.  

She is evil to have gotten so involved with him and his family when she knows she’s not available.  I don’t know how long divorces take in Georgia, or if she’ll even be approved to bring another K1 person over when she finally is single.  I just despise this woman.

Well, she never presented herself as one who makes good life choices!  

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

Akinyi's brother is being extremely rude, and I can't believe he is guilting her for even bringing Ben around. Her father's missed appearance is all on himself. That nonsense blaming Ben and telling him he needs to work on himself was uncalled for. He must be channeling Jesse. Ben is bungling but well-meaning. Time to cut his losses.

Well, an actual secret comes out with Rebecca. I think that when he has time to think about it, this, along with the un-divorce, will change Zied's mind. His sister asked what is different about him that she figures she will stay with him. That's a good question, which she can't even answer!

Grangela's jealousy and abusiveness is ridiculous. Say buhbye, Mahkul. I do think if he'd have stayed off soshul media as he promised, things might be different, but she'd probably find something else to gripe about.

It's as if Avery's mom is giving her the sex talk after she gets married. The time to grill her about green card hustling was before they even considered making this trip - not the night before the wedding.

Oh, please, Darcy! Doesn't want to be shorter than her sister, starts up with sibling rivalry... She's really giving Tom plenty of reasons to want to hang onto the relationship. 🙄

Finally, that grifter Maria tells the truth. She must have decided she'd milked him dry. I wish he'd woken up about 43,000 dollars ago.

Edited by renatae
  • LOL 1
  • Love 20
5 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Michael needs to walk away from Angela. She will have him LARPing 12 Years a Slave.

OMG!  Hilarious!

16 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

My favorite part of Pillow Talk: 

"That brother and sister relationship is weird"

Cut to Coltee sipping on a juice box next to his mama on the couch. 

Well played, TLC. Well played. 

Damn it!  I missed it.

I don't get the Angela/Michael thing.  Michael is from one of those so-called shit hole countries the president has banned.  [That's right! No capital P]

38 minutes ago, noveltylibrary said:

Sick sad world! (Daria anyone?)

Yep!

• Love 10
7 hours ago, liammaam said:

He’s not that short, but his proportions are just waaaaay off. Specifically, his head and shoulders. It looks like some little people I’ve seen.  Or maybe it’s FAS. There’s something off, genetically, there. Just my two cents. 

As someone who is exactly 1 inch from being medically classified as a dwarf...

There are several different kinds of dwarfisms, but in most of us our limbs and such are shortened, but our proportions are correct. Also, one must be under 4'10" to be considered a dwarf. Tim is just small.

• Useful 6
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I would have a very hard tme letting my daughter go thru with this marriage, unfortuately Avery is one of those kids that when someone says no she wants to do what ever even more.

Avery has not really thought about what she is doing, it is foolish and dangerous, she will be living in a country where she has no rights, no job skills, basically will be relying on Omar for everything, she will have no money of her own, will not be able to walk anywhere alone...it will be a sad existence. 

All this for a roll in the hay with Omar.

I'm baffled by the hate for Avery's mother (who yes, does bear a strong resemblance to an overweight version of Valerie Bertinelli).  If I'd converted to Islam suddenly at 19, my mother would have kicked me out and never spoken to me again.  Avery's mom is trying to go along with this trainwreck, support AND PROTECT her daughter, and is willing to let it play out how it will -- and be there to bail Avery out when it all goes to hell.

All that said, I have to wonder what triggered Avery's turn from party girl to devout Muslim would-be wife.  I'm thinking either some kind of trauma (perhaps a rape?) or else there are things about her relationship with Mama Avery that have made her do this giant "Eff You" to her mother.

• Useful 2
  • Love 16
7 hours ago, zillabreeze said:

Notice how she blames her emotions on him and takes the boss/parental role-  "He escalates my anger"  "He makes me mad" "I've warned him".  She is just one step away from "He MADE me smack him".

Does Makel even know the US living conditions he's going through all this for?  Does he even know it's a white trash trailer out in the sticks and down the road from Sheriff Buford Pusser? 

The way she hoots those cigs down, let's all guess what that trailer smells like?  Aren't there a mess of people living there, too?

Wonder if he's assuming the house is something like Molly's?  The way he's clinging makes think he's not got the full picture.

I don't think he's even thinking about that.  I think he dreams of meeting You Know Who and becoming a billionaire.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, RealReality said:

If this is the case, it was incumbent upon akyini to take care of this ahead of time.  She never once brought up an expectation to stay in Fidels house until Ben was in a taxi. 

That is pretty damn close to kidnapping someone by fraud "we are in a cab and you can't escape but we aren't going where you thought we were going.... surprise!"

And then akyini further compounds the shenanigans by refusing to tell Ben what was going on or what Fidel said to her.  And he is staying in the man's house!  

A continent away and I'm scared for Ben.  There were random people who were just loitering outside mother akyinis house and that was just bizarre. 

If she loved Ben or cared for him she would have been completely candid with him.  If he said no, that's that, time to move on. At the very least she wouldn't have allowed him to be scammed by brother fidel of the too tight polo shirts.  She had no problem telling ben that he needed to get her a gift, but she couldn't tell him about having to stay with her brother?  

If her father is a marxist anti colonialist (and I don't blame him for his political beliefs) then akyini/Ben will unlikely EVER get his blessing.  Unless of course his blessing can be purchased through the bride price.  If that's the case it's a basic money grab and all this negotiation could have been done over Skype. 

If they will never get dad's blessing because Ben is a white Westerner, then akyini has to decide of she wants to leave without dad's blessing.  Or find out if she can.  

Either way, I don't think akyini is blameless here.  

The entire situation is ridiculous.  If Akinyi is any sort of real, loving partner why would she not fully inform this guy well in advance about what was going to be expected in order for him to succeed?  She seems like a child to me...playing a game.

Edited by Zevious Zoquis
  • Love 24

If Baba Akyini is an anticolonialist then Akyini's friend saying she's always been into white guys takes on a new importance. And Akyini seemed gobsmacked at the idea of being a stepmom to Ben's son. Maybe she didn't think this through past, piss off & escape from dad but still be a beloved daughter a continent away. It could be that there aren't nefarious intentions on anyone's part, just crashing naïveté on Ben's & her side & years of family tension on the other that they're taking out on both of them without explaining it to Ben.  

Edited by TakeAPinotGrigio
  • Love 16

I watched the second hour (I cannot understand this show or how it works with On Demand). I caught Darcey say "Tom and I's" instead of "Tom and my" three times. Has she been hanging out with Grangela (as in "Michael and I's relationship")? That shit irks me to the core. It is very simple grammar and English is your first language, you thirsty ass bitch. OMG now the waterworks while they are sight-seeing in Albania. Stacey looks uncomfortable and embarrassed. Dare I say, she got all the emotional maturity and common sense in this twin-ship? 

• LOL 2
  • Love 18

I think Akinyi has a touch of the same late teens/early 20s rebellion that Avery has.  They both may actually like their guys, but there is a part of them that chose those guys to piss off their parents and test their levels of independence.  Akinyi may also have a bit of a drive to get more Insta followers or some kind of modeling thing going with being on the show, because she's stunning in the Insta pics, which mostly look professionally taken.  Avery, however, is being too stupid about moving to Syria.  She should have moved to Minnesota and joined a mosque and met many eligible young Muslim men.  It's far less likely to be bombed in the Twin Cities.

I about died at Stacey saying to Darcey about Florian, "Don't you think he looks like his pictures?"  You KNOW Darce & Stace discussed how Tom didn't live up to the photos, or at least Stace clocked his "good side" selfie ass from the moment they walked in the restaurant.  I kinda don't mind Tom though, but that could be because he looks to me like the love child of Colin Firth and Hannah Gadsby, both whom I like. 

Caesar's single Rinna (TM) tear was all I ever needed out of this show.  Maybe he can go full Rinna and sell those edible undergarments on QVC.

Rebecca's irises looked really, really red in this episode, more than before.  

One positive thing this episode had was some really gorgeous scenery in places I likely will never go, like in Albania, Tunisia, and Colombia.

• Love 20

My fellow Primetimers - I rewound the 'fight' that Darcy\Stacey had at the Albanian bridge two times - I can't understand the mumbledebrargh way that they both talk, I'm sure the lip injections don't help.  I cannot for the life of me understand - what the fight was about?  Can anyone help enlighten me?  I know I'm also asking you to apply logic and reason regarding these two, and I know that may be impossible.  Please do the best you can - what were they arguing about?

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, Xena said:

My fellow Primetimers - I rewound the 'fight' that Darcy\Stacey had at the Albanian bridge two times - I can't understand the mumbledebrargh way that they both talk, I'm sure the lip injections don't help.  I cannot for the life of me understand - what the fight was about?  Can anyone help enlighten me?  I know I'm also asking you to apply logic and reason regarding these two, and I know that may be impossible.  Please do the best you can - what were they arguing about?

My guess.....Production gave them a drama line to follow and they failed.

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Xena said:

I couldn't figure it out either. I think that the unspoken cause was that this was where Fluoride proposed to Stacey, and Tom shot down any chance of the same for Darcy.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 7

I think Omar likes the IDEA of Avery- a pretty girl online converts to his faith and is trying to be a model muslim.  She's intriguing and fresh and willing to be wholesome.  But longterm , she won't be so appealing; especially when she's whining about she doesn't have her phone and she can't get Ulta to deliever her makeup in Syria.

Angela- Mycull needs to get out.  This is who she is.  Where was that anger when her own daughter was molesting teen boys in front of her own children in the trailor she shared with big ange?  Angela was out chasing Nigeria D**k.

• Love 14
32 minutes ago, RealReality said:

To me, akyinis lack of explanation to Ben is inching towards nefarious and makes me think that this isn't the first time she and Fidel have tested the water on this scheme.  

If it was mere naivete, there wouldn't be any reason that akyini couldn't tell Ben that he would be staying with Fidel.  Akyini was clear about the expectation of a gift, so why couldn't she tell him that he had to stay with her brother?  

She didn't tell him at the airport, not while they were waiting for his luggage, not while they were going through customs or outside walking to the cab.  Nope, she chose to tell him when he was in a cab, unable to escape.  

So how much akyini is "in on it" is questionable to me.  She may have been honest with a former suitor about having to stay with Fidel and he refused to get on the plane.  

Fidel gives me the creeps on a TV screen.  No way does he not know what he said to upset akyini.  And her refusal to tell Ben is scary and weird.  Thus far Ben has been super accepting and hasn't made a move to run away.  So it had to have been a doozy. 

Anyhow, I think the conversation of bride price will really tell the tale.  If Ben was smart he would book a flight and get the hell out of there before the subject comes up.  He can replace his clothes and toiletries.  He just needs his passport, wallet and cell phone. 

Yes to all of your post.

Ben's only reaction to no matter what is going on is a blank stare, he is on way too even of a keel.  Bikini is immature and he is stunted in some way and I doubt they communicated past the "I love you and can't wait to see you in person," stage.  I do not get from either one of them that they dig deep to get to know someone, just what ever comes to the surface.  

As most of these couples, expectations have nothing to do with how to meet those expectations, like it will all just happen magically without any effort.

Bikini does not want to be stepmother, he has a child (which like all the single parents say they are putting the children first even thought they are spending money they do not have).  If she was a smart girl once she learned that Ben has a child she should have not gone any further so now she has to work really hard to get her family on board with Ben, she has to BS herself and Ben in to thinking she loves him and then she gets to be a stepmother which she does not want to do.

Oy, these people.

• Love 15
On 9/12/2019 at 5:47 PM, Spike said:

Well Stacy’s fiancée is hotter than Tom so I guess Darcey needs her tiny victories.  The jury is out on which sister got the worse plastic surgery.

I was actually pretty disappointed in Florian's actually appearance too.  Him and Tom definitely know their good angles.  Tom has a GREAT profile. 

Does anyone know how long a flight fro London to Albania is? Just curious how late it was in Albania. Definitely dinner-ish time as the place was full but when they left it was pretty empty. 

The way Aykini's brother speaks freaks me out. It seems so calculating. 

• Love 8
23 minutes ago, Xena said:

Well, you know, an engagement is a blessing, you know, so you know let me enjoy my 31/2 year moment, you know.  You can, you know, have your white dress moment, you know, because I want mine, you know.

So nothing, they were arguing about nothing, you know?

1 minute ago, Dmarie019 said:

Does anyone know how long a flight fro London to Albania is? Just curious how late it was in Albania. Definitely dinner-ish time as the place was full but when they left it was pretty empty. 

That flight is just under 3 hours.

Tom said they had been waiting 9 hours to meet up with them.

• LOL 4
  • Love 10
48 minutes ago, Lizzing said:

I think Akinyi has a touch of the same late teens/early 20s rebellion that Avery has.  They both may actually like their guys, but there is a part of them that chose those guys to piss off their parents and test their levels of independence.  Akinyi may also have a bit of a drive to get more Insta followers or some kind of modeling thing going with being on the show, because she's stunning in the Insta pics, which mostly look professionally taken.  Avery, however, is being too stupid about moving to Syria.  She should have moved to Minnesota and joined a mosque and met many eligible young Muslim men.  It's far less likely to be bombed in the Twin Cities.

I about died at Stacey saying to Darcey about Florian, "Don't you think he looks like his pictures?"  You KNOW Darce & Stace discussed how Tom didn't live up to the photos, or at least Stace clocked his "good side" selfie ass from the moment they walked in the restaurant.  I kinda don't mind Tom though, but that could be because he looks to me like the love child of Colin Firth and Hannah Gadsby, both whom I like. 

Caesar's single Rinna (TM) tear was all I ever needed out of this show.  Maybe he can go full Rinna and sell those edible undergarments on QVC.

Rebecca's irises looked really, really red in this episode, more than before.  

One positive thing this episode had was some really gorgeous scenery in places I likely will never go, like in Albania, Tunisia, and Colombia.

Rebecca's eyes look like the Cullen's before they've had their animal meals. Does she wear colored contacts?

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, iwasish said:

I wonder where Omar went after he left Avery and her mom’s room. She pounded on his door but returned and said he wasn’t there. 

He was chatting with Caesar on getting a Cheapo Air Ticket outta there.

12 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

All this for a roll in the hay with Omar.

Hope it is worth it - she should call Laura and get some advice.

• LOL 15
  • Love 1
On 9/12/2019 at 1:02 PM, Brooklynista said:

Ben needs to see if his Air B&B is still available, wish a good life to Akinyi and explore Nairobi as best he can until it's time for his return flight to the States. 

If I were Ben, I would have run back and got my passport and got the hell out of that country as fast as I could.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
11 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

If I were Ben, I would have run back and got my passport and got the hell out of that country as fast as I could.  

I agree, I would have been like roadrunner with that puff of smoke at the heels of my feet. 

rr1.jpg

Edited by RealReality
  • LOL 8
  • Love 8