Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E13: Under Pressure

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Xena said:

My fellow Primetimers - I rewound the 'fight' that Darcy\Stacey had at the Albanian bridge two times - I can't understand the mumbledebrargh way that they both talk, I'm sure the lip injections don't help.  I cannot for the life of me understand - what the fight was about?  Can anyone help enlighten me?  I know I'm also asking you to apply logic and reason regarding these two, and I know that may be impossible.  Please do the best you can - what were they arguing about?

My impression is that Darcey thought Stacey purposely brought her to the bridge to rub in the fact that S was engaged and D was not.

Darcey is a class A narcissist and can find ways to make any situation about her.  My own sister, who is 10 years older than me, is very similar (minus all the plastic surgery).  We grew up in a small-ish town.  The day that I left for the "big city" to begin my career, my sister got all teary-eyed as we said our good-byes and I thought, "aw, she's actually going to miss me."  No, she mumbled something about how she wished she it was her.  Years later when my niece (her daughter) got engaged, again she got all teary.  My niece thought they were happy tears because she was getting married.  Same story, my sister mumbled how my niece's engagement ring was the same type that she wished she had received when she married my brother-in-law.

Darcey is the same.  If they are as competitive as they say, maybe Stacey did bring D there on purpose to rub in her happiness.  But a part of me wants to believe that Stacey and Florian simply had a discussion before Darcey and Tom arrived about what they should all do together while in Albania, and one of them might have said, "Oh, remember the spot where we got engaged?  It's so beautiful there, I bet they would love it...."  And because Darcey is a narcissist AND insecure about her lack of love, she spun it to be all about her and how she is not engaged.

Edited by juicyfruit
took out the word "logical", because there is nothing logical about it!
  • Useful 5
  • Love 17
On 9/12/2019 at 10:57 PM, Spike said:

“I am so tired of all this accepting $40,000 from you!  And sometimes I even had to ask ‘how was your day baby?’”

$40,000 from Caesar, and probably the same from at least ten other guys she was  scamming.  She’s living a great life, and a four yr old has more mentality than him. How will he pay his boss back?  What guy is that Stupid?  It has to be fake.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Hannah94 said:

I caught Darcey say "Tom and I's" instead of "Tom and my" three times. Has she been hanging out with Grangela (as in "Michael and I's relationship")? That shit irks me to the core. It is very simple grammar and English is your first language,

Join us over on Judge Judy & The People's Court.  The grammar will make your head explode.  The worst offenders claim to be teacher's (aides).

1 hour ago, Lizzing said:

I think Akinyi has a touch of the same late teens/early 20s rebellion that Avery has. 

The collective age of all these women appears to be about 12 1/2.  The combined IQ about 70.

• LOL 7
  • Love 8
6 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

$40,000 from Caesar, and probably the same from at least ten other guys she was  scamming.  She’s living a great life, and a four yr old has more mentality than him. How will he pay his boss back?  What guy is that Stupid?  It has to be fake.

Its her job to make that money for her boss. She gets her pay and he collects the bulk of it. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Its her job to make that money for her boss. She gets her pay and he collects the bulk of it. 

True, but I bet she still makes a decent income.  She'd have to have a reasonably unique skillset.  The ability to speak english, which probably isn't that rare.  But she'd also have to have the patience to talk to ceasar because you know those conversations are mind numbingly bad.  She'd also have to know exactly how and when to ask for money, how to avoid meeting up for years, she'd have to be on call all the time for text messages and calls.  She would have to pretend like she really wants to parade around in confectionary undergarments for ceasar.  She'd also have to be okay scamming a dummy so hard that he subsists on a diet of budget eggs and ramen. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
1 minute ago, RealReality said:

True, but I bet she still makes a decent income.  She'd have to have a reasonably unique skillset.  The ability to speak english, which probably isn't that rare.  But she'd also have to have the patience to talk to ceasar because you know those conversations are mind numbingly bad.  She'd also have to know exactly how and when to ask for money, how to avoid meeting up for years, she'd have to be on call all the time for text messages and calls.  She would have to pretend like she really wants to parade around in confectionary undergarments for ceasar.  She'd also have to be okay scamming a dummy so hard that he subsists on a diet of budget eggs and ramen. 

Oh I don't disagree. She is making quite a bit of money. Its her job. But someone is collecting on not just her but a whole stable of women (and possibly men). Caesar is an idiot. 

• Love 8

When the four of them were talking by the bridge, the morphing of expressions on Darcey's face were priceless.  I thought she was going to implode.  She was melting down like the Wicked Witch of the West. "I'm melting!!  Oh what a world!!"

• LOL 17
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

Every week the twins are getting uglier and uglier, especially Darcy.  Lips are getting too big, noses are spreading, whole faces are too puffy.  Too much Botox.

I have to agree. They have gone way too far. 

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

They've shown those "call centers" on Dr Phil & Dateline type shows.  They are big rooms full of cubicles and phones, with white boards covered in phrases and other scripts.

You'd think after all these years, the love scam industry would be dying out.  Apparently, it's stronger than ever.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
11 hours ago, liammaam said:

He’s not that short, but his proportions are just waaaaay off. Specifically, his head and shoulders. It looks like some little people I’ve seen.  Or maybe it’s FAS. There’s something off, genetically, there. Just my two cents. 

His eyeballs too.   Reminds of this old movie. He has the fly's eyes

a22d0724b5be40f8b63019618d40773c.jpg

• LOL 8

We don't even know if Maria is the person in the pics and videos she sent Caesar.  Did she ever facetime with him?  If she didn't, that would be the clue that it isn't her in the pics and videos.  She could have gone on a cam girl site and gotten all those, and sent those to Caesar.  All those pics are of the sexy modelling/selfie variety.  There are no ordinary, candid pictures of her with friends and family.  And of course she would never meet him in person.  She is probably some plain Jane with good English skills who knows how to con desperate losers like Caesar.  And his insistence on getting her to Mexico was her signal that it was time to end the con.

Edited by Dobian
  • Useful 2
  • Love 10

Rebecca at the market....

"We don't have olives like this in America"

Uhh yeah we do.... Get off the dating apps and go to your local Italian pork store... They have a plethora of olives... Shout out to Delfiore's on Long Island. 😂

I can only hope Michael could get to America legally and not have to go through the entire process with Angela. Did you see the record time she lifted that cake cover? Totally not her first rodeo. I can never open those things. LOL

• Useful 1
  • LOL 15
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I think Omar does like Avery, buuuuuuuuuuuut he's seeing a lot of very problematic things during this visit. She can't speak or read Arabic. She doesn't have any real skills or education. She doesn't have any money. Her family isn't particularly supportive. And Avery is immature and impulsive. I think he's thinking that he'd rather postpone things than drag her back to Syria and have her entirely dependant on him like the world's brattiest albatross. I think he'd rather she head back to the US, learn Arabic, and become an LVN or something so that even if they don't end up in the US that she's not isolated or entirely dependant on him.

I feel like Omar is probably the only Muslim man on this show who actually knows his scripture. Khadijah, the Prophet's first wife, was older than he was when they married (40 to his 25). He was her 3rd husband and she was a successful merchant. I don't think Omar wants Avery dependent. 

Darcey and Stacey love and loathe each other in equal measure. That fight when Darcey was arrested? Stacey was too. Darcey recently blew up Stacey's spot by outing that Stacey is subsidizing Florian in Albania and doesn't have enough money to bring him over on a K-1 visa. Also after 3 and a half years together, I'd expect a little Albanian out of Stacey. Maybe she's on the Tim plan.

People don't really understand that there are huge cultural differences that make no sense from the outside looking in. I'm Nigerian-American  there's shit in my family that is beyond perplexing to non-Nigerians. My parents still have friends who are livid because one of my brothers chose to elope with his girlfriend rather than have a wedding. It's been 15 years. I could have relatives come over to visit, pay for every meal at every Michelin starred restaurant in Manhattan, and they'd be like "it was ok, but Hunter didn't cook us a meal." And they are the same kind of way about having people stay in their homes. It seems weird to us, but there's a completely not nefarious completely legitimate cultural etiquette reason why they'd insist that a guest stay with them. I actually think that if they'd let him stay in the Airbnb, they're probably more likely to scam him out of cash.

Someone here recommended that Love Me documentary on YouTube. I watched it and a number of other. The thing that became obvious is that the scammers keep testing their limits with regards to cash. Is he willing to buy dinner? Is he willing to pay for my cell phone? What about something bigger? Then they go in for the kill. None of that has happened to Ben.

But Ben is a divorced dopey white guy from the states who I don't believe had particularly great career prospects. I also recall seeing somewhere that Akinyi's father is very much an anti-colonialist who was a Marxist in his youth, which is why his oldest son was named after Fidel Castro. I think dad and the family are pissed that Akinyi brought Ben to their house when she knew or should have known that much about Ben wouldn't make them happy. White. Yep. From America. Yep. Divorced. Yep. Not doing something important or a great career. Yep. Basically they want to know why her silly ass brought this dude to their house when he has all of their deal breakers.

Michael needs to walk away from Angela. She will have him LARPing 12 Years a Slave. Nothing good comes of playing by her rules. She will beat him, humiliate him, and keep him prisoner in her house until she's ready to discard him.

I just wanted to say Thank You for writing such an insightful post and sharing your knowledge & perspective. It’s really helpful in understanding Ben’s situation. 

Plus I agree completely with your comments on the other couples, too.

Edited by Snewtsie
To finish my thought
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
3 minutes ago, Dobian said:

We don't even know if Maria is the person in the pics and videos she sent Caesar.  Did she ever facetime with him?  If she didn't, that would be the clue that it isn't her in the pics and videos.  She could have gone on a cam girl site and gotten all those, and sent those to Caesar.  All those pics are of the sexy modelling/selfie variety.  There are no ordinary, candid pictures of her with friends and family.  And of course she would never meet him in person.  She is probably some plain Jane with good English skills who knows how to con desperate losers like Caesar.  And his insistence on getting her to Mexico was her signal that it was time to end the con.

I 200% think "video Maria" and "phone Maria" are different people.  "Phone Maria" sounds like a 50+ Ukrainian smoker....or the ukranian version of big Ange.  She looks nothing like "video/picture Maria"

I wish that "phone Maria" had shown up for her free Cancun vacation, because we could have seen just how much ceasar loves Maria's personality and essence.  Which is, what I am sure, he demands of her.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I 200% think "video Maria" and "phone Maria" are different people.  "Phone Maria" sounds like a 50+ Ukrainian smoker....or the ukranian version of big Ange.  She looks nothing like "video/picture Maria"

I wish that "phone Maria" had shown up for her free Cancun vacation, because we could have seen just how much ceasar loves Maria's personality and essence.  Which is, what I am sure, he demands of her.  

As I recall, she never used Caesar’s name in any of the videos. It was always “my love”, “my husband”, or some such nonsense. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
13 minutes ago, Dobian said:

there was the pic early on of her with the $450 bouquet and holding the sign with Caesar's name written on it (I think).  I'm pretty sure the woman in the pics is on some level "real" - obviously a paid employee of the dating service of course.  Whether its the same as the voice on the phone doesn't really matter does it?  Either way there was somebody who was tasked with dealing with Caesar's communications...which would have been a very bothersome chore I'm sure!  lol... 

1 minute ago, Zevious Zoquis said:
Edited by Zevious Zoquis
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Snewtsie said:

I just wanted to say Thank You for writing such an insightful post and sharing your knowledge & perspective. It’s really helpful in understanding Ben’s situation. 

This is may be the first time on this show where someone needs to turn and run, not because they are being scammed, but because the situation is just uncomfortable and even dangerous.

Edited by Dobian
  • Love 11
39 minutes ago, Dobian said:

This is maybe the first time on this show where someone needs to turn and run, not because they are being scammed, but because the situation is just uncomfortable and even dangerous.

I am starting to feel that way about Michael. Angela is crazy. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 20
59 minutes ago, RealReality said:

You and me both. And it was a big dude. Named Bob.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

I wish Caesar would have called Nev from MTV's Catfish so that Nev could fly him to the Ukraine and they would meet up with Maria once and for all and see if Maria is a catfish. I'm dying to know what Maria really looks like and if that is even her real voice.

• LOL 3
  • Love 14

I cannot figure out Omar in all this.  He doesn't seem like he's in it for a visa, and yet he also doesn't seem that enthralled with his tantrum-throwing fiancee....something about the way the two of them mumbled "Love you" when her mom kicked him out, and also he didn't seem that eager to marry her last episode "oh this is not my wrong, we can't get married" - flash forward to Avery's mom, getting a clergyman and a date locked down...only to turn around and be all "are you sure you want to go through with this?"

I think Avery thinks she's in love with Omar but my God, is she rebelling big time.  The whole "oh you think he wants to come to the states? We can live anywhere! Let's go ask him!" because she knew if she found him, he'd bring up Syria and then we could see Mom Avery's meltdown...

I know the abusive Angela has mentioned it, but the age difference between Angela and Rebecca and their "men."  These are young men, never married as far as we know, and no kids.  Coming from traditional cultures - is Zied not going to have kids?  Is Rebecca going to ask some chick for an egg to tote?  I can't imagine Zied's family being happy about the idea of no grandkids - unless they see Rebecca as a means to an end - get to the states, get the visa, dump her, move on...

Not that I feel that bad for Rebecca, she's rebelling in her own way.  "oh your culture doesn't like tattoos and doesn't want me to show them?"  Bang, let me take off this horrible top that I've worn in every episode and show them off.  "Oh your culture would never forgive a homosexual relationship?  Guess what, Zied?"

Grow the eff up, Rebecca.

The thing I notice about all the American participants in this franchise - the desperation to be unique, and different - how many times have we seen them say "oh I'm not your typical Grandma."  "I'm not your typical young American."  They're so despondent at the thought of being just another average American - which no shade, I'm an average American.  And that life has some nice perks, like stability.  But I guess that's not good enough for these people; they need a young hot mate that they can bring here and then remind them that they owe the American big time.

The one thing I liked about Maria was telling Caesar in that phone call how he is always telling her how hard he works, and all the things he's done for her.  It's almost a demand "I've spent $$ on you and now you owe me a relationship."  That being said, Maria signed up for that when she harvested that first American dollar...

• Love 21
16 hours ago, HappyDancex2 said:

The baby pickles are "oh so beautiful."  Zied makes me giggle.  I wish Rebecca would not pick stuff up at the market, smell it and then put it back down.

Did I or did I NOT see a quick shot of a cat 'digging' in a tub of spices and then hopping away?!?! There's only one reason a cat would be 'digging' in a tub of soft, powdery substance -- to cover up their 'waste.' EWWWWWW

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, not you again said:

Maybe it doesn't happen to taller women; I don't know. It was one of the last things to happen in my menopause.

Yes. Yes. It does. 5'7" here.  Gravity turned on me and built a subdivision on my waistline overnight.

I've also wondered about Darcy and her menopause phase.  She might be caking on the makeup to cover the Zits that come along, bringing their friends,  The Facial Hairs.   Not to mention, those wild ass mood swings...

ETA- I would burst into tears over a heartwarming Subaru or Cheerios commercial.

Edited by zillabreeze
  • LOL 2
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, zillabreeze said:

They've shown those "call centers" on Dr Phil & Dateline type shows.  They are big rooms full of cubicles and phones, with white boards covered in phrases and other scripts.

You'd think after all these years, the love scam industry would be dying out.  Apparently, it's stronger than ever.

“I miss you baby” ... “ I love you so much baby” ... I can’t wait to see you baby”.   Hahahaha. What a crock of shit.  This has to be fake.  What half a brain guy would fall for that?  In another country no less.  Hahahaha

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Hannah94 said:

I watched the second hour (I cannot understand this show or how it works with On Demand). I caught Darcey say "Tom and I's" instead of "Tom and my" three times. Has she been hanging out with Grangela (as in "Michael and I's relationship")? That shit irks me to the core. It is very simple grammar and English is your first language, you thirsty ass bitch. OMG now the waterworks while they are sight-seeing in Albania. Stacey looks uncomfortable and embarrassed. Dare I say, she got all the emotional maturity and common sense in this twin-ship? 

I know a lot of people really love to analyze others grammar but this is a common mistake a lot of people make and/or don't care about. There are a lot of things to rip on this woman for but for me, this ain't one of them.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Silver Bells said:

“I miss you baby” ... “ I love you so much baby” ... I can’t wait to see you baby”.   Hahahaha. What a crock of shit.  This has to be fake.  What half a brain guy would fall for that?  In another country no less.  Hahahaha

ALL THE TIME!  Have you ever seen the sadsacks on Dr. Phil, draining 401ks to "help" the hot guy/girl overseas?  People that are in there 50-60's that were otherwise normally intelligent people with successful lives and careers.  It's bizarre.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
14 hours ago, liammaam said:

I. Hate. Angela. It’s disturbingly clear that she’s an experienced abuser. 

I absolutely agree.  Watching their scenes makes me so uncomfortable.  She is an abuser and I'm struggling to continue watching this show (one of my FAVORITE shit shows) because of it. 

• Love 17
1 hour ago, kacesq said:

I cannot figure out Omar in all this.  He doesn't seem like he's in it for a visa, and yet he also doesn't seem that enthralled with his tantrum-throwing fiancee....something about the way the two of them mumbled "Love you" when her mom kicked him out, and also he didn't seem that eager to marry her last episode "oh this is not my wrong, we can't get married" - flash forward to Avery's mom, getting a clergyman and a date locked down...only to turn around and be all "are you sure you want to go through with this?"

I think Avery thinks she's in love with Omar but my God, is she rebelling big time.  The whole "oh you think he wants to come to the states? We can live anywhere! Let's go ask him!" because she knew if she found him, he'd bring up Syria and then we could see Mom Avery's meltdown...

Well mom brought up how he was looking for an American girl to marry and was trolling American sites.  Well, that's what those sites are for, and guys are free to look for American wives.  That doesn't make them all scammers.  He thought he got lucky and found an American girl who had already converted to Islam.  He just didn't count on her being an immature teen brat.  Like the old saying goes, you better be careful what you wish for because you just might get it.

Edited by Dobian
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12

Well, I can’t say this stuff doesn’t work.  My husband played golf with this neighbor of ours who went on line and marries a chick from Ukraine.  She cooks up a storm, keeps an immaculate house, is better looking than him and they are very happy together for five yrs.  Go figure.  Sometimes it works.  They just bought a beautiful new house and are moving to S. Carolina.  P.s.  she also works.

• Useful 2
  • Love 16
28 minutes ago, ChiMama said:

Did I or did I NOT see a quick shot of a cat 'digging' in a tub of spices and then hopping away?!?! There's only one reason a cat would be 'digging' in a tub of soft, powdery substance -- to cover up their 'waste.' EWWWWWW

'Fraid so.  You could almost hear everyone on the Live Chat forum gasp in horror last night when the cat was shown.🤮

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, iwasish said:

If he didn’t pay any of his bills or his rent, how could he not have enough money to pay for the ticket. I know when I use my debit card, for any purchase, it hits my account almost immediately. If I buy gas they’ll put a hold on my account at the gas pump for let’s say $50 and they when the charge hits my account, the bank will adjust it up or down for the exact amount of the sale. I can look at my on line banking at anytime and know pretty much to the penny how much money I have. Still not buying the story of how it all went wrong. 

Oh, come on, Iwasish.  Someone with little imagination and even less understanding of how the real world of debit cards works has written us a little story starring Caesar, the man with blank ears.  Once upon a time there was an incredible naive manicurist named Caesar who was involved online with a Russian woman to whom he sent $30,000 even though he works as a manicurist and has living expenses of his own to pay.  He kept arranging to meet this woman, but darn it stuff kept happening to thwart their in-person encounter.  So finally he bought her a ticket himself instead of sending her the money for the ticket and guess what his bank account didn't have enough of a balance to cover the cost of the ticket.  But the sale of the ticket went through anyway and he didn't learn about the insufficient funds until four days later, and not from his bank but from the airline/Miss Russia.

It all smells worse than week-old trout.

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
52 minutes ago, A-Lo said:

Darcey made a huge error in judgement by opting to go to Albania so Tom could meet her sister instead of going on the beach trip he'd planned.  What he got to see was just how emotionally stunted she is...even more so than he thought...by watching those young teenage-like interactions between Darcey and Stacey.  Aren't those women in their 50's?  Coulda fooled me!

I've been sitting here for ten minutes trying to imagine Darcy on a carefree, fun in the sun vacation. I CAN'T conjure it up. At all. Can you picture her, in a bathing suit (one you'd actually, you know, swim in?), running into the surf? just gathering up her hair in an elastic band and flopping down on the sand? Because I sure can't. Poor Tom would be prowling around the hotel lobby like a caged beast for two hours while Darcy puts on her eyelashes and Gucci sandals before they even got out the door. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 19
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, TakeAPinotGrigio said:

I translated the twin fight thusly:

Stacey: Gee, sure is nice to be ENGAGED.

Darcy: It's a blessing & who cares cos I never wanted to get married anyway and you stink.

Stacey: Doesn't look like Tom's as into you as my FIANCÉ is into me

Darcy: Good. I don't care cos I wanted to take it slow because I hate you (tears)

Bravo!  

Darcy and Stacy‘s rivalry about engagements is so baffling to me because they’ve both been married before. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
22 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

Well, I can’t say this stuff doesn’t work.  My husband played golf with this neighbor of ours who went on line and marries a chick from Ukraine.  She cooks up a storm, keeps an immaculate house, is better looking than him and they are very happy together for five yrs.  Go figure.  Sometimes it works.  They just bought a beautiful new house and are moving to S. Carolina.  P.s.  she also works.

Because he didn't let himself get taken. He found a legitimate dating site and a legitimate woman. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Thisgirllovespasta said:

I can only hope Michael could get to America legally and not have to go through the entire process with Angela. Did you see the record time she lifted that cake cover? Totally not her first rodeo. I can never open those things. LOL

LOL!  I was thinking the same exact thing about Grangela and the plastic cake lid!!!  I struggle and struggle with them. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
56 minutes ago, kacesq said:

The one thing I liked about Maria was telling Caesar in that phone call how he is always telling her how hard he works, and all the things he's done for her.  It's almost a demand "I've spent $$ on you and now you owe me a relationship."  That being said, Maria signed up for that when she harvested that first American dollar...

I was slightly astounded that she turned his devotion around on him, and showed him how he had literally made himself a victim through this whole thing.

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
45 minutes ago, Mothra said:

It all smells worse than week-old trout.

Thought you were talking about Big Angela....

She is especially abusive since she wants to be sure that My Cull isn't going to cheat on her when he come to the US since he will be a local celeb with wimmen contacting him on social media...

She is just a raving lunatic....tiresome...

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 3
  • Love 9