Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E13: Under Pressure

• Start Topic

On 9/13/2019 at 4:24 AM, mamadrama said:

Her comments made more sense if you put them in context of the spoilers and online rumors. She sounded very much like someone who did not want to be involved with this and was finally able to state what she'd wanted to say for a while.

I agree.  I think Caesar thought she would show up to get her 15 minutes on camera but that backfired in epic fashion when instead she used it as her opportunity to rid herself of him.  

At least now maybe he won't have to clip coupons for eggs.  

Always a bright side, Caesar.  

• LOL 7
  • Love 7
20 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

Oh, I would have been livid if I were in Tom's place.  When Stacy didn't even bother to respond to Darcy's texts asking where they were because they were there and waiting, I'd have hauled my tired ass up to my room and called it a night.  Darcy could have stayed down there and waited, but me?  Nope.  I wouldn't enable their blatant rudeness for a hot minute.  

I bolded "their" because I think Dassy was as rude as Sassy in expecting Old Tom to continue to wait.  Any good girlfriend would have said, after 20 minutes, "Why don't you go on up to our room and order something to eat, and I'll wait down here another half hour," especially after he had told her *repeatedly* how tired and hungry he was.

If Dassy is really interested in Old Tom for the long term, she needs to demonstrate to him that he is more important to her than her sister's feelings.  Dassy has already lost a lot of ground in this arena by agreeing to accept Sassy's vacation plans over Old Tom's.  No wonder she can't keep a bf.

This was a blatant power play by Sassy, and it was very, very ugly.

• Love 20
1 hour ago, Mothra said:

I bolded "their" because I think Dassy was as rude as Sassy in expecting Old Tom to continue to wait.  Any good girlfriend would have said, after 20 minutes, "Why don't you go on up to our room and order something to eat, and I'll wait down here another half hour," especially after he had told her *repeatedly* how tired and hungry he was.

If Dassy is really interested in Old Tom for the long term, she needs to demonstrate to him that he is more important to her than her sister's feelings.  Dassy has already lost a lot of ground in this arena by agreeing to accept Sassy's vacation plans over Old Tom's.  No wonder she can't keep a bf.

This was a blatant power play by Sassy, and it was very, very ugly.

I wonder if Stacy DIDN’T suggest that they meet up, that it was all Darcy’s idea.  I think if Stacy had planned it she would have been there on time or “fashionably” late in order to make herself look good. In true passive aggressive revenge for having her time with her fiancé interrupted, she is unforgivably late, (if she shows at all, I don’t recall), most likely figuring Darcy will get shit faced while waiting and Tom will be stuck dealing with drunk Darcy. 

I don’t think either sister is a prize, but IMO Darcy is an unstable, alcoholic mess. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
34 minutes ago, iwasish said:

I wonder if Stacy DIDN’T suggest that they meet up, that it was all Darcy’s idea.  I think if Stacy had planned it she would have been there on time or “fashionably” late in order to make herself look good. In true passive aggressive revenge for having her time with her fiancé interrupted, she is unforgivably late, (if she shows at all, I don’t recall), most likely figuring Darcy will get shit faced while waiting and Tom will be stuck dealing with drunk Darcy. 

I don’t think either sister is a prize, but IMO Darcy is an unstable, alcoholic mess. 

I think you are 100% on target with this assessment.  She wants to "win" and wants to control everything about Tom - and Tommy Boy ain't having it.

2 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

Oh, I would have been livid if I were in Tom's place.  When Stacy didn't even bother to respond to Darcy's texts asking where they were because they were there and waiting, I'd have hauled my tired ass up to my room and called it a night.  Darcy could have stayed down there and waited, but me?  Nope.  I wouldn't enable their blatant rudeness for a hot minute.

Nope, I would have asked Darcy to text her sister and say:  You have ten minutes or we are leaving.  At least I am.  Let's do breakfast or brunch in the morning and watch ME be late for you!

• Love 15
On 9/12/2019 at 12:25 PM, Chippings said:

Having finally figured out how to find and watch the early feed of this Sunday's episode, one reaction I have is that I get a strong sense of producer shenanigans in the Darcy / Tom scene in the Albanian restaurant.   

Tom's discomfort was really distressing, and Darcy's utter lack of sympathy was annoying as hell.  I just suspect the producers here.

i was totally surprised by her non-reaction.  she's been so so desperate that it's embarrassing and painful to watch.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Jenifffer is another one who gives her toddler a bottle and not a sippy cup.

Tim Tim is talking children? Does he not know where babies come from?

You should join the live chat.

8 minutes ago, Toodleoo said:

Big Ange is an abusive asshole. Darcey is a disrespectful asshole. Tim is an incredibly passive asshole.  Rebecca is an emotionally stunted asshole. Ben is getting his asshole assholed by some assholes.

Yay assholes?

They are an embarrassing mess 

• Love 11
16 minutes ago, Toodleoo said:

Big Ange is an abusive asshole. Darcey is a disrespectful asshole. Tim is an incredibly passive asshole.  Rebecca is an emotionally stunted asshole. Ben is getting his asshole assholed by some assholes.

Yay assholes?

Oops, I forgot Syrian Bride. She is a poser asshole.

• LOL 5
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, DVDFreaker said:

I can understand the mom’s concerns but she needs to shut up and let Avery make her own decisions and support her 

I don't agree.  Avery is only 19 and could literally be making a fatal mistake.  

IMO, Mother Avery is bringing up valid concerns while still allowing Avery to make her own decisions.  

• Love 21

It's almost as if Rebecca is going out of her way to make Zied angry.  She will deliberately tell him something that she knows will upset him and then asks him with a straight face if he is angry.  Based on the fact that she still has a husband, I don’t understand why she was allowed to be on a show called, “90 Days Fiancé”.  Unless it’s to manufacture drama. 

I am so glad that Benjamin is travelling with a camera crew, because Akinyi’s brother makes me uncomfortable.

• Love 19
1 hour ago, DVDFreaker said:

I am so glad Maria dumped Caesar but unfortunately he has no home to go back to since he is broke and has not paid his rent yet, I hope this will be a big wake up call to him

If he didn’t pay any of his bills or his rent, how could he not have enough money to pay for the ticket. I know when I use my debit card, for any purchase, it hits my account almost immediately. If I buy gas they’ll put a hold on my account at the gas pump for let’s say $50 and they when the charge hits my account, the bank will adjust it up or down for the exact amount of the sale. I can look at my on line banking at anytime and know pretty much to the penny how much money I have. Still not buying the story of how it all went wrong. 

• Love 20
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I would have a very hard tme letting my daughter go thru with this marriage, unfortuately Avery is one of those kids that when someone says no she wants to do what ever even more.

Avery has not really thought about what she is doing, it is foolish and dangerous, she will be living in a country where she has no rights, no job skills, basically will be relying on Omar for everything, she will have no money of her own, will not be able to walk anywhere alone...it will be a sad existence. 

All this for a roll in the hay with Omar.

And Omar while he may enjoy her greater experience between the sheets, will soon be throwing her immodest past in her face. 

14 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

I don't agree.  Avery is only 19 and could literally be making a fatal mistake.  

IMO, Mother Avery is bringing up valid concerns while still allowing Avery to make her own decisions.  

I wonder where Omar went after he left Avery and her mom’s room. She pounded on his door but returned and said he wasn’t there. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, iwasish said:

Still not buying the story of how it all went wrong. 

I'm certainly not defending the dumbass, but I know that neither my bank debit nor my Cap One will automatically run a charge that looks "off", really $$$ or is out of my normal area.   They'll send a text or email asking about the charge and asking me to respond. 

If I don't answer within a certain amount of time, the charge gets cancelled.  Found this out when a verification email accidentally went to my spam box and I didn't see it.  (I had legit ordered something from India)...No!  Not a spouse!

ETA. So I just heard  it again and he says "insufficient funds", so yeah @iwasish, that doesn't sound right.   

Edited by zillabreeze
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, iwasish said:

If he didn’t pay any of his bills or his rent, how could he not have enough money to pay for the ticket. I know when I use my debit card, for any purchase, it hits my account almost immediately. If I buy gas they’ll put a hold on my account at the gas pump for let’s say $50 and they when the charge hits my account, the bank will adjust it up or down for the exact amount of the sale. I can look at my on line banking at anytime and know pretty much to the penny how much money I have. Still not buying the story of how it all went wrong. 

He used CheapoAir, a third party. The reservation "goes through" with CheapoAir but it additionally needs to clear with the airline. It didn't for lack of funds.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Toaster Strudel said:

He used CheapoAir, a third party. The reservation "goes through" with CheapoAir but it additionally needs to clear with the airline. It didn't for lack of funds.

You may be right, but I still think the airline would have sent him a notice confirming the reservation and since he was “in charge” of the reservation this time, he would have forwarded that to Maria, giving her the itinerary and such.

They carefully blurred out the dates and times on the info he was looking at. I don’t think the reservation was canceled that close to departure.  He should have been aware, especially since she’s backed out so many times and that she was AWOL for several days. He’s all over that phone checking up on her, he could easily checked in on the day she should have left. He had flight numbers etc, I can’t believe he didn’t call and check. But he’s an idiot so who knows. 

• Love 11
1 minute ago, iwasish said:

So true. If Zied or any of the other men pushed, shoved, slapped, pushed a cake in the face of any of the women, it wouldn’t be considered a joke. 

100% correct!

I can’t even enjoy her backwards ridiculousness after those displays of aggression. She’s terrifying and has no off switch when pissed- she’s like a majestic, raging rhino angered by a crocodile.

• Love 22
2 hours ago, DVDFreaker said:

I am so glad Maria dumped Caesar but unfortunately he has no home to go back to since he is broke and has not paid his rent yet, I hope this will be a big wake up call to him

With Maria gone and no home the best he can hope for is that the chocolate panties make a nice sauce for crunchy Ramen.   

I believe that Akinyi may really like Ben.  I believe Fidel views Ben as an easy mark and perhaps Akinyi doesn't want to go along with Fidel's scam plan.  Maybe the dad also disagrees with Ben, which resulted in him not coming to the diner.  Fidel just seems criminal to me and kind of a bully.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, liammaam said:

I know there’s a lot of speculation of Tim being trans, but I kind of wonder if he has a touch of dwarfism? I don’t know if there’s a spectrum of dwarfism, but if there is, I’d peg him as being on it. 

What? Timothy is not that short 

1 minute ago, mellowjoi said:

With Maria gone and no home the best he can hope for is that the chocolate panties make a nice sauce for crunchy Ramen.   

I believe that Akinyi may really like Ben.  I believe Fidel views Ben as an easy mark and perhaps Akinyi doesn't want to go along with Fidel's scam plan.  Maybe the dad also disagrees with Ben, which resulted in him not coming to the diner.  Fidel just seems criminal to me and kind of a bully.

Fidel is an asshole 

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, DVDFreaker said:

What? Timothy is not that short 

Fidel is an asshole 

He’s not that short, but his proportions are just waaaaay off. Specifically, his head and shoulders. It looks like some little people I’ve seen.  Or maybe it’s FAS. There’s something off, genetically, there. Just my two cents. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, iwasish said:

You may be right, but I still think the airline would have sent him a notice confirming the reservation and since he was “in charge” of the reservation this time, he would have forwarded that to Maria, giving her the itinerary and such.

They carefully blurred out the dates and times on the info he was looking at. I don’t think the reservation was canceled that close to departure.  He should have been aware, especially since she’s backed out so many times and that she was AWOL for several days. He’s all over that phone checking up on her, he could easily checked in on the day she should have left. He had flight numbers etc, I can’t believe he didn’t call and check. But he’s an idiot so who knows. 

The airline will not tell you if a specific person is on a flight.

• Love 5

Visa would be calling me if I had an unusual foreign transaction - not something like me buying a CD from Amazon UK or anything that would be $50 or less. A plane ticket from the Ukraine would be a bit suspicious unless I called to tell them I was purchasing a ticket for someone from there. Caesar's purchase would be a bit suspicious. As would him funneling cash to the Ukraine. Unless he used Western Union or something. Even with an e-transfer, he could still stop the transaction. Guess he didn't clue in that he was in a one-sided relationship with someone who was pretty much generic to him. Now he is stuck with all the candy underwear - ah well, it'll be lunch for a few days.

Avery's mother has some very valid questions and concerns, but Avery does not want to listen to them. Her life will change if she marries Omar (who is still a stranger to her). Omar has been on his best behavior - Avery has been a bit of a brat. Immature, acting out, throwing a tantrum. She is over 18 and can explore every world religion if she chooses to do so - and choose one or none. It's not like she is moving to Idaho. Does she think life will be great in Dubai, or Malaysia, or wherever? She has to figure out what she is running from (herself mainly) and why. Was she assaulted or abused by someone? Her being 22 or 23, having a college degree and some marketable job skills - knock yourself out. Most folks would be going on a 2 month European tour but not her. Her mother can't do much except try to talk to her. She will make her own decisions and learn her own major life lessons. Omar has to have some clue that Avery is just a child playing dress up and maybe walk away for a while. Unless he really really wants that Green Card.

Big Ange, stop abusing your little pet My-kull. He is a human being who deserves more than you. He must really want to go to the US to put up with you and your crap. Why did you waste the money to get a plane ticket to Nigeria and then spend half your time screaming at him for the slightest transgression against you. So what if he was on a boat. There was no justification for you throwing the cake at his face. You may love him in your weird way, but your behavior is unacceptable and maybe My-kull can find someone a bit better than you. Throwing his clothes out was awful. You need to deal with your triggers.

Benjamin, run! Find a way to get out of Akini's brother's home. It is not their friendliness and you could end up on a Dateline episode. Surely you can feel some very uncomfortable vibes from that family. I would never expect that some prospective suitor stay with my relatives instead of having his own space. I would be creeped out and would scan my room to find the heaviest furniture that I can move to block the door.

Rebecca, what do you expect from Zied as husband #4? What is he going to do in the US, if he gets there? He doesn't do much in Tunisia. His parents don't like you or your tattoos, his sister doesn't really like you. Maybe you can get him a job. Will he want it? Does he want to work? So you had a fling with a woman many years ago? It wasn't last week so it should have little impact on your relationship with him. He would care that you are currently still *married* but didn't tell him. That would make a big difference in your relationship. And there are better looks than the black eyeshadow you are wearing.

Darcey, a woman carries a spare pair of shoes in maybe a bag. No need to pull out your massive suitcase to find a pair of Loubies to wear - yeah, I have a few red shoe bags myself. I would not put up with someone being over 45 minutes late to meet me for dinner without any sort of explanation. Tom is being polite but barely holding it together with you - you are too much. Too much hair, too much fillers, too much tight clothing, too much luggage, too much sister envy. Too much focused on marriage no matter who you have to bulldoze over.

Who cares if your twin likes your boyfriend? Hers doesn't seem like a great catch. Engaged for three years? Why? Kinda like my cousin who was engaged for 19 years before marrying her husband - hoping for someone better to come along. I met my sister's husband two days before she married him. Still don't know him all that well and they have been married 19 years. If she is happy; great. You seek attention and validation. Maybe you need a real soul connection so you can work on yourself. I have been in one for several years and it's absolute Hell.

I sailed by Albania once on a Mediterranean cruise many years ago. You weren't allowed to visit it then. Looks a lot like Greece.

All you are doing, Darcey, is driving Tom away from you. Let a relationship develop naturally between the two of you, see what you have in common, maybe take out some of the hair extensions, stop the fillers and such and see who you really are in the mirror.

• Useful 1
  • Love 16

Forgot about Timothy. He needs to make some sort of move on his mannish looking model girlfriend. Some women are patient for a bit, but do start to wonder why some dude who is gaga for them hasn't even tried to touch them or treated them like a girlfriend. She has every right to question any intentions he has toward her.

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
35 minutes ago, zillabreeze said:

Notice how she blames her emotions on him and takes the boss/parental role-  "He escalates my anger"  "He makes me mad" "I've warned him".  She is just one step away from "He MADE me smack him".

Does Makel even know the US living conditions he's going through all this for?  Does he even know it's a white trash trailer out in the sticks and down the road from Sheriff Buford Pusser? 

The way she hoots those cigs down, let's all guess what that trailer smells like?  Aren't there a mess of people living there, too?

Wonder if he's assuming the house is something like Molly's?  The way he's clinging makes think he's not got the full picture.

Michael triggers her issues. He doesn't make her do anything. She chooses to react that way.

Ange probably doesn't smell all that good.

Surely there are other women to hitch the US start to - what price is he willing to pay?

• Useful 1
  • Love 4