Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E12: Week 6, Part 2

• Start Topic

I used to think Bre was so pretty but .... eh... kinda plastic and now that she likes Matt I think less of her.  LOL

34 minutes ago, CindyBee said:

I just yelled at my TV "Run Katie Run".   

Yeah I've seen this story play out before, and it doesn't end well.

• Love 4

Ever since what's his face proposed to what's her face on the first season (was it Lacey?), the show has gone for the whole proposal thing. What's wrong with just coupling up? I feel like since they've had a few successes it's all about the proposal and this is a more jacked up timeline than the regular shows. Why can't they agree to seriously date? This all or nothing is silly. The unreal drama of the fantasy suite. Even the bach/ette doesn't have that much pressure for the overnight. We all know on paradise most of the longstanding couples have probably spent the night together anyway.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Armchair Critic said:

Bukowski owns two sports bars so you would think he has opportunity to meet women. 

I am sure his motivation for returning to Bachelor Nation is that his businesses get a bump in traffic whenever he is on tv, not finding love.   

• Useful 4
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I used to think Bre was so pretty but .... eh... kinda plastic and now that she likes Matt I think less of her.  LOL

I don't know.  I suspect that she had to take Matt's rose because she had too.

I think that after being the first person to say no to a rose they should make her the bachelorette.  She could do the show in a new ruthless way.  "Will Bri give ANYONE a rose tonight???"

• LOL 11
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, jackjill89 said:

Ever since what's his face proposed to what's her face on the first season (was it Lacey?), the show has gone for the whole proposal thing. What's wrong with just coupling up? I feel like since they've had a few successes it's all about the proposal and this is a more jacked up timeline than the regular shows. Why can't they agree to seriously date? This all or nothing is silly. The unreal drama of the fantasy suite. Even the bach/ette doesn't have that much pressure for the overnight. We all know on paradise most of the longstanding couples have probably spent the night together anyway.

I agree with every word!

• Love 6

Connor, that's not how this works. That's not how ANY of this works. You don't get to leave and then meet people back at your HOTEL!! The hell is going ON this season??

Sydney - "Matt's gonna get dumped no way Bri is leaving Paradise with that!" Ouch but, yeah, she was right too! Good decision there Matt. Mom's going to be upset you're still going to be living in her basement.

I love Angela's casual "Ok *goodbye wave*" ending of things.

I also love the whole "If you don't couple up the other gets fed to the lions" reaction levels. I am still waiting for someone to just go for the "I think you're cool, you think I'm cool, let's blow this place" walk off together, but I'm sure there would be a producer yelling "CUT! Let's try that again. Places people. Act natural." 

As per Demi looking like she could get a 'childrens' rate at the County Fair, here's her with basic makeup and glasses. Was it from her HS year book or her time on the Bachelor? You be the judge...

image.jpg.fd97e81aae8971f14ee82e1ec7740c97.jpg

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, rebel2u said:

Dylan says he's head over heels in love with Hannah.  No, you idiot, you're head over heels in lust with her.

I was yelling at my TV to her for this: 

Hannah G: "I'm literally falling head over heels in love with Connor". 

No, you're not literally.  If it was literally, you'd have a pretty bad fall.  

What's with these people overusing the word literally when it's not literal? 

• LOL 2
  • Love 14
6 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

Connor, that's not how this works. That's not how ANY of this works. You don't get to leave and then meet people back at your HOTEL!! The hell is going ON this season??

I saw him sitting somewhere with that person from the wedding, and was like, what?  As to what the heck is going on this season, I think the answer is, they can't get any viable people or couples to show up anymore so they are having to dig to the bottom of the barrel to get some sort of love story....  Demi, Connor, Dean comes back and makes Caelynn leave?  What?  Okay, so this show should simply be done by now.  I admittedly don't love this show, but this was the worst season ever.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

Ugh. The IMPATIENCE of these people is GROSS!! REALLY CONNOR?? You couldn't wait to hear no one else is coming? So DUMB! I wonder what he would've done if she hadn't gone after him. Do these people understand INITIATIVE?? They can't really be waiting around til Paradise & hope the person they're interested in shows up to act. 😂 & JPJ... I don't buy declarations of love. I wanna hear why. I wanna hear how your actions reflect that. & to just end it cuz she didn't feel the same, YET?? BS!! She's NOT on your time!! If you really loved her, you figure it the eff out!! So juvenile. 😒 LOVE IS PATIENT!!!!!!!!

• Love 5

His hotel room was awesome!  Much better than paradise.

The person who said, "If you're not nervous you're not taking this seriously", or something like that:  You are an idiot.  It should be easy as pie to commit to someone.  You don't force a relationship.  This is why the Bachelor franchise actually has one of the lowest marriage scores and they are only about love/marriage.  They make a mockery of marriage.

I am still waiting for someone to just go for the "I think you're cool, you think I'm cool, let's blow this place" walk off together,

I know, right?

Why couldn't JPJ and the girl call it a win and date in real life?

Matt - what an idiot.  He is on a deeper level, whatever the hell that means, and chooses the supermodel.

If someone in my family went on vacation unattached and came home engaged we would have to have an intervention.

KELLY RIPA IS RIGHT!

• Love 12
10 hours ago, jackjill89 said:

Yeah, why was there no option this year to "leave hand-in-hand?"  I have to assume there is salary at stake for staying in the show through the last episode.  Why would Nicole give Clay an ultimatum?  It is just stupid.

ETA: Chris Harrison loses credibility every time he says that the show is about finding love.

Edited by Just Carol
  • Love 16
11 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

How embarrassing for Luke that none of the other gals wanted a rose from him.

I scream laughed!! That shit was HILARIOUS!! Seeing him standing there with his rose... Then Chris walking up. I thought he'd be like, "Bitch, give me back that rose!" & snatch it back! 😂😂 He was so defeated, he didn't even look at them to see more rejection, just looked at CH. He should've just walked away afterwards. WHY say goodbye?

• LOL 1

I thought JPJ lived on the East Coast and Tayshia lives on the West Coast.  I never got the impression that either of them was jumping at the chance to move to where the other one was so they could continue dating. That said, I imagine if they had lived in close proximity, perhaps they would have continued exploring their relationship for a while.

• Useful 2
55 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

Why couldn't JPJ and the girl call it a win and date in real life?

Yeah last season Kevin wasn't feeling the time line of the show and walked off.  He then reconnected with Astrid in the real world and now they are happily engaged on their terms.  So why JPJ didn't follow suit, is beyond me.    Guess some producer got in his ear and told him it was all or nothing which is just beyond stupid.

• Love 10
53 minutes ago, CindyBee said:

Yeah last season Kevin wasn't feeling the time line of the show and walked off.  He then reconnected with Astrid in the real world and now they are happily engaged on their terms.  So why JPJ didn't follow suit, is beyond me.    Guess some producer got in his ear and told him it was all or nothing which is just beyond stupid.

Great point

27 minutes ago, Meowwww said:

Was Tayshia stoned?  That weird high pitched fake laugh....

Katie seemed really drunk at one of those conversations with Chris.  Not that I blame her.

• Love 5

So many cases of He's Not That Into You. Nicole, Katie... They keep trying to force relationships with men who are not reciprocating enough. Something is wrong if you had to beg him to stay, Katie. I feel like ever since she misspoke about him exploring other relationships and took back her words, he has some power over her. And once Chris knew how much she is into him, it seems to turn him off. I just don't buy the fear of commitment card guys like him and Dean pull oh so conveniently. They are old enough and they probably just do not like the women they are with enough to commit to them.

Love how Bri told Matt off that he was only after her looks. It was the truth too. He is so immature at his big age.

Once again, Kristian was the voice of reason. She should be afraid that she would not get enough out of relationship with Demi. All I have seen of them is Demi freaking out and Kristian trying to console and appease Demi. I don't buy the fear of coming out reason too. If one truly has that fear, they would NOT choose to be on a national TV show.

Edited by waving feather
  • Love 15
9 minutes ago, waving feather said:

I just don't buy the fear of commitment card guys like him and Dean pull oh so conveniently.

Well I would be put off too if someone wanted an engagement so early into a relationship.  To me this signifies the other person is more interested in marriage and not a relationship that takes its own course.

Demi/Kristian - I thought there was an old adage that you never get the one you break in.  You are just the training wheels.

Like you @waving feather, I too thought Kristian was the voice of reason then I remembered she is on the show so...........................

Edited by jumper sage
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

Matt will always be at the bottom of my Bachelors list, he makes Jake seem cool and the two Bens sophisticated.  I think he's a creepy, mean little ten year-old in a man's body, "I'm afraid to kiss girls because my mommy wouldn't want me to plus they're kind of scary and icky, but I have to pick one to give my flower to so I'll give mine to Bri because one of the other boys thought she was cute plus she's a supermodel* and that's good, right?"  Don't ever bring him back, show!

*  She's just a model, Matt. Supermodels are so famous everyone knows their names and you see them on the covers of magazines. Plus, I think you have to have a chin to be one.

Sad for JPJ and Katie who seemed sincerely hurt.  Katie got cuter and cuter to me all season and she seems smarter than the average B'ette.

I'm glad Sydney got away unsullied by and uncommitted to any of these losers.

I thought Katie's successful handling of Chris's near freakout/breakup was really authentic and moving.  She seems much saner than I thought she was early on when she couldn't tell someone she didn't want to date them without crying.

• Love 9
36 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

Well I would be put off too if someone wanted an engagement so early into a relationship

True. But I don't think Katie or Nicole were particularly pressuring them into a proposal but more trying to gauge whether they are "all in" in the relationship. If they are not or unsure, they should have just walked away like what Kevin did last season during this stage. Not continue with the charade. Besides, engagement in the Bachelor world just means let's date in the real world. So it doesn't mean much to me.

• Love 1

I generally watch this show (and all the Bachelor franchise shows) for the Wrong Reasons - I just laugh and laugh at all these idiots.  However, last night's show was actually really good.  I got so absorbed into which couples would "stay together" (in show terms at least) vs. which ones would go home and never ever EVER see each other again, and was shocked when the episode reached the 2 hour mark.  Why in the world am I pulling for any of these people?!?!  I don't know - but I am.

I don't care about Demi and Christian.  They have nothing at stake.  Will they get engaged on TV.....or, just return home from their vacation and continue dating?

The "singer" during Clay and Nicole's date was terrible.  He was loud, couldn't sing, and the close-captioning of his lyrics were hilarious.  At the end of his ballad, I was certain he was going to tear off his wig and fake beard and reveal himself to be Jed!

If I was Luke, I'd go home and never leave my house again.  That was brutal.  The first time someone was turned down for a rose, and then Chris certainly didn't help matters by stepping up with "Is anyone else here interested in Luke's rose, then?  Nobody?  Well, okay then." LOL  In real life, that kind of thing happens all the time to us "normal" people; but on national TV show? Yikes!

After seeing the 7 couples decide on their fates on the beach (4 for 7 success rate), I kept waiting to see if we'd go back to that luxurious air-conditioned hotel suite and see how Connor and Whitney were doing.  Maybe they don't have the same "rules" to follow as the beach people.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
15 hours ago, DEL901 said:

That was sooooo mean.  I always kinda liked this Luke, but the editing was so cruel to him.  I don't mind Bre turning down the rose, that's her prerogative, but the guys stifling laughter, etc. nobody giving a holy f*** that he was leaving.  Oh, man.

Now that he is gone I think it is safe to post that word was he spent most of his time talking about his tequila company.... something other Luke accused him of on the Bachelorette. 

There has always been something off-putting about this guy. I remember how Hannah reacted to him too, she literally could not fake ANY interest in keeping him around when all the drama with Luke P was going down.

It's interesting to hear some backstory as to why the other guys didn't seem to like him. JPJ nearly recoiled from his hug and Dylan giggled through the whole awkward rose moment. Too bad for Luke that exactly zero of his tequila company talk made it on air in either of his season, this show doesn't do free promotion.

Fucking Bukowski.  Is this guy ever going to commit to anything?   He is a train wreck.

That was such a weird conversation. It basically sounded like he was trying to talk her into dumping him but she wasn't jumping to take the bait. I did laugh when she said "I didn't change my mind even though you gave me the worst answer ever." She seems like one of the most well-liked people there. 

I don't see any of these couples lasting in the real world. The most awkward storyline there is Clay/Nicole (and Angela). So Clay wasn't ready to move in with Angela, who he was in an actual relationship with, but he's supposed to say he's ready to get there with Nicole, who he's known for 3 weeks? Okay...

I feel bad for Angela, that had to suck to watch, especially since she didn't have a relationship on the same track. She always had too bright a smile that didn't seem genuine and it seemed like she went there hoping to be the one who moved on first and it just didn't work out. That was probably the most genuine story of the season, hanging around with such a recent ex is never fun. 

• Love 7
5 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

*  She's just a model, Matt. Supermodels are so famous everyone knows their names and you see them on the covers of magazines. Plus, I think you have to have a chin to be one.

Well, she does have her Blue Steel look.  "My eyes smiled.  Did you see?"

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, ljenkins782 said:

he was trying to talk her into dumping him

Nahhhh. If someone wants to quit, then quit! Nobody should have to convince anyone to stay. I can't stand bs indecisiveness!! Who needs that drama? It should be easy to know if you want to be with someone & JUST BE WITH THEM!!

Nicole should have known from the Angela story that Clay cuts and runs at the first hint of pressure, even after eight months.  Her attempt to help Clay find the right lines to say were hilarious, "I know it's hard to say 'I love you,'  I realize it's very difficult for you to say, 'why don't you come to Chicago and move in with me,' but sometimes we just have to be brave and say these things."  I would have felt sorry for her desperation if I hadn't seen her making fun of Angela and showing off their 'relayship' all season.

• LOL 3
  • Love 15
2 minutes ago, Lindz said:

Nahhhh. If someone wants to quit, then quit! Nobody should have to convince anyone to stay. I can't stand bs indecisiveness!! Who needs that drama? It should be easy to know if you want to be with someone & JUST BE WITH THEM!!

In real life, yes, but this is not real life. In this realm, there's a value to not being seen as the bad guy, which is what happens to the guys who've been in a relationship all season and then dump the girl at the end. If he's on TV to increase his exposure and drive traffic to his bars, he'll want to manage his image carefully.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
15 minutes ago, Just Carol said:

Yes, and If all she talks about is modeling then what else could he know about her besides she's a model and he likes the way she looks?  The whole thing just seemed weird to me, she turned down Luke's rose, accepted Matt's, then turned down Matt all in a matter of minutes.  Why not just turn down Matt's rose too and give Luke some company in humiliation.

• Love 6

Man, the editors were killin' it this episode.

Matt: Sydney's awesome, and we can talk about anything...and Bri is a SUPERMODEL.

Matt: Bri, will you accept this rose?

[a short time later]

Matt: Bri, you are SO HOT.

Bri: I want someone who sees me as more than a pretty face, byeeee.

Edited by the-grey-lady
  • LOL 3
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Gregg247 said:

If I was Luke, I'd go home and never leave my house again.  That was brutal.  The first time someone was turned down for a rose, and then Chris certainly didn't help matters by stepping up with "Is anyone else here interested in Luke's rose, then?  Nobody?  Well, okay then." LOL  In real life, that kind of thing happens all the time to us "normal" people; but on national TV show? Yikes!

So, for all the other couples, they are supposed to know they want to be with this person forever now or they are supposed to walk away, but Chris is encouraging Luke to pass out his rose to anyone willing to take it?  Seems a tad inconsistent to me.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 14
20 minutes ago, ljenkins782 said:

In real life, yes, but this is not real life. In this realm, there's a value to not being seen as the bad guy, which is what happens to the guys who've been in a relationship all season and then dump the girl at the end. If he's on TV to increase his exposure and drive traffic to his bars, he'll want to manage his image carefully.

In both, DON'T fake it!! It's honorable & respectable to just free them & end it, NOT string them along. Yes. They are a bad guy if they fake & string someone along. It's GROSS!! The truth ALWAYS comes out! They can only fake for so long! 😂😂

Pathetic dummies stay waiting for the cocktail party or date card! WHAT'S stopping you from talking to someone you're interested in BEFORE that?? Making your own date. Again. INITIATIVE!! Nobody wants a lazy beach...bum!! 😂😂

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, Lindz said:

Pathetic dummies stay waiting for the cocktail party or date card! WHAT'S stopping you from talking to someone you're interested in BEFORE that?? Making your own date. Again. INITIATIVE!! Nobody wants a lazy beach...bum!! 😂😂

Yeah, they make it sound like they are secluded from their possible mates and can only court them if on one of the lame arranged dates.  I don't get it.

• Love 3

This season has been so boring. They need to change it up next year, I find I am watching in less than an hour easily as I ff through all the dreck. Bring back Bachelor Pad! At least the games and scheming were interesting, BiP is too scripted now as they all show up knowing who they want to date already and then just lay around on the beach.

• Love 15

This season has really been hurt by all these no name first night gone people, none of whom are particularly memorable or likable. Its like they saw the success of Grocery Store Joe and thought that they could do that again, but they failed to see why people wanted him on BiP in the first place! He was a huge hit with the audience and won the hearts of much of Bachelor Nation, he wasnt just some random guy who got sent home on the first night that was instantly forgotten. All of these people this season are just people that got sent home right away that no one really remembers. On a more Right Reasons way, this show is supposed to be something of a "Bachelor All-Stars" show, where fan favorites come together in a more relaxed atmosphere to find love. The more Wrong Reasons way to look at this show is to bring together the franchises weirdos, train-wrecks, villains, and people that are clearly not going to win their season (your Demis and your JPJs) due their being too odd or too trouble making, to watch them screw around or cry for several hours. No one wants to spend time watching people they dont even remember on this show. I mean, have any of them ever even been to Stagecoach?!

I think they tried to recreate Grocery Store Joe with Farmer Matt, but that didnt work at all. Matt is no Grocery Store Joe. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, JudyObscure said:

Yes, and If all she talks about is modeling then what else could he know about her besides she's a model and he likes the way she looks?  The whole thing just seemed weird to me, she turned down Luke's rose, accepted Matt's, then turned down Matt all in a matter of minutes.  Why not just turn down Matt's rose too and give Luke some company in humiliation.

totally agree, but then she would have lost camera time.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Gregg247 said:

I generally watch this show (and all the Bachelor franchise shows) for the Wrong Reasons - I just laugh and laugh at all these idiots.  However, last night's show was actually really good.  I got so absorbed into which couples would "stay together" (in show terms at least) vs. which ones would go home and never ever EVER see each other again, and was shocked when the episode reached the 2 hour mark.  Why in the world am I pulling for any of these people?!?!  I don't know - but I am.

I don't care about Demi and Christian.  They have nothing at stake.  Will they get engaged on TV.....or, just return home from their vacation and continue dating?

The "singer" during Clay and Nicole's date was terrible.  He was loud, couldn't sing, and the close-captioning of his lyrics were hilarious.  At the end of his ballad, I was certain he was going to tear off his wig and fake beard and reveal himself to be Jed!

After seeing the 7 couples decide on their fates on the beach (4 for 7 success rate), I kept waiting to see if we'd go back to that luxurious air-conditioned hotel suite and see how Connor and Whitney were doing.  Maybe they don't have the same "rules" to follow as the beach people.

I detested him on hannahs season--he whined and whined and whined and when Luke made his comment about the tequila company--I guess that was one thing he didnt lie about. I guess negative attention is better than anything at all but Luke S needs to man up a bit and try and be kinder--he just seems mean.

Edited by nlkm9
mistake
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Just Carol said:

Not Blue Steel, she did a "smize," which means she watched American's Next Top Model. Watched it, wasn't on it. Smize is a Tyra-ism. I thought it hilarious that she called it that. Told me a lot about her.

• LOL 3
  • Love 9

That whole thing between Chris and Katie was weird. She goes to bed crying, he says they'll talk tomorrow, and the next scene opens the next evening when Chris H announces there will be no cocktail party.  Did I miss something?  Chris and Katie had all day to either talk or awkwardly avoid each other and we saw or heard nothing of it?  What happened during the day that the editors didn't want us to see? If it was awkward avoidance and gossip around the bar, I think we would have been shown that.  If they talked and worked things out, there's no drama and it doesn't fit the narrative. So which was it? I know Chris B's history so I'm not putting the waffling past him, but I got the distinct feeling that this time it was more producer-driven than him.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, nittanycougar said:

Fucking Bukowski.  Is this guy ever going to commit to anything?   He is a train wreck. His speech about what a screw up he is did not sound promising.

He's attempted to dump Katie like 4 times. It would be exhausting having to constantly convince someone to stay with you. Not a very sexy buildup to their engagement next week. 

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

Not Blue Steel, she did a "smize," which means she watched American's Next Top Model. Watched it, wasn't on it. Smize is a Tyra-ism. I thought it hilarious that she called it that. Told me a lot about her.

Maybe she would be a good match for Jordan.  

Edited by Just Carol
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3