Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E12: Week 6, Part 2

• Start Topic

And in the space of 20 minutes, I'm confused yet again. Connor is only interested in Whitney, whom he met at Krystal/Chris's wedding. Wait, not a word about Caelynn? What? What?  Did Production just edit the heck out of whatever he said, so that it makes no sense?

ETA: Oh, okay, later they gave us some backstory that included Caelynn.  Farkakte editing.

Edited by adhoc
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

When I said that Connor looks like every other kid walking in the hall of my daughter's high school I didn't realize how right I was, he went to high school about an hour away from where we live. 

Oh Bachelor franchise, you and your shenanigans... he just missed the girl he was waiting for.

• LOL 9
  • Love 4

Oh, no, once again thwarted by the “Can I steal you for a minute?” You’re contractually obligated to be stolen!

What a setup that they “missed” each other. Even though it was probably a re-enactment, I still laughed at the thought of a camera guy waiting midway on the side of the road for the cars to pass—yet no one told Connor to wait? And yet Whitney knew he’d be at “the hotel,” so not only do they fraternize at weddings and music festivals, they can all start their relationships at the “pre-hotel”? 

But daaaaaaaamn, that was some suite! Those poor suckers in “paradise”! The B squad has some posh accommodations between the wedding and now!

• LOL 2
  • Love 19

I just counted 19 people on the show. 20 with Wells. 

Has there ever been that many people at the end, and especially people who haven't been coupled up? It's like they realized this year's storylines were lightweight so kept throwing people on the show in hopes of someone generating some real drama.

From some angles, Connor is really good looking. 

Did Chase bulk up recently? I don't remember him being so huge in Jojo's season but he wasn't in beachwear most of the time.

The women all cheer because the new girl leaves. Connor just happens to be hanging out at home without a shirt on. And the 2 of them are the real winners, relaxing in air conditioned paradise.

Wells is fantastic and providing the only semblance of adult conversation in Paradise.  

Bahahaha - Chris B's chyron "Hoping This is It"

Edited by kazza
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5

Interesting that Hannah referred to herself as a woman and Dylan called her a girl.  

Eta.  Matt wasn’t sure who to pick until Luke picked Bri and got turned down.  

Edited by DEL901
  • Love 6

In ~50 seasons of shows (Bachelor, -ette, Paradise, Pad, Winter Games) no one has ever turned down a rose at the rose ceremony. Harrison doesn’t know what to do—anyone want this rose? Bueller? ...Bueller? 

Thanks for making up Matt’s mind for him. Oh, I guess Bri’s the better choice. I typed this THEN Matt actually SAYS Luke offering her the rose validated it! Ugh!

• LOL 6
  • Love 7

Why do they seem so surprised about the overnight dates?  The fantasy suite happens every year. I am not sure whether any of these couples are long-term, compared to past couples like Carly and Evan and Jade and Tanner.

JPJ's speech to Tayshia was very sweet.  But I think he likes her more than she likes him.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, nutty1 said:

It’s quiet in here tonight! I just started watching. 

I just started watching about 15 minutes ago, just in time for the rose ceremony.  This is the sorriest, most uninteresting group of people I've ever seen on BIP.  

Good luck in the fantasy suite with the Snot Blower, Tayshia.  Heh.

• Love 4

To hear Sidney, she has not been able to find love in the Bachelor Franchise, so she's never going to find anyone.  To me, it sounded like she didn't have any notion that maybe she should try to find someone outside The Franchise like the rest of us do. 

Fine, whatever, Sidney. Guess you'll just have to grow old alone.

• LOL 6
  • Love 16

I thought Tayshia was going to pull a  “Driver, follow that car!” just like in the movies. And there was a white SUV in the rear window of JPJ’s car—is that her?? I guess I’m still holding a little Right Reasons twinge that they’ll meet up at the good hotel and decide to date without the pressure of an engagement. He has his odd moments, but they genuinely really enjoy each other unlike the rest of these moping sad sacks.

Edited by JenE4
  • Love 13
1 minute ago, CindyBee said:

Even though JPJ lost his mind and made an ass of himself at Mr. and Mrs. Goose's wedding, I still felt a bit bad for him not to get his "happy" Paradise ending

But he did get a special "Memories" video montage, so there's that plus.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
34 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

In ~50 seasons of shows (Bachelor, -ette, Paradise, Pad, Winter Games) no one has ever turned down a rose at the rose ceremony. Harrison doesn’t know what to do—anyone want this rose? Bueller? ...Bueller? 

Thanks for making up Matt’s mind for him. Oh, I guess Bri’s the better choice. I typed this THEN Matt actually SAYS Luke offering her the rose validated it! Ugh!

That was sooooo mean.  I always kinda liked this Luke, but the editing was so cruel to him.  I don't mind Bre turning down the rose, that's her prerogative, but the guys stifling laughter, etc. nobody giving a holy f*** that he was leaving.  Oh, man.

I think Matt said something like "Sidney and I get along really well, she's so easy to talk to, but Bre is a supermodel.  Tough choice."  hahahahahahahaha.  And then he picks Bre!  

I thought I had mother issues.  Bah!!!  Matt is the King of it.  He's such a douche.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 15
20 minutes ago, CindyBee said:

Luke is getting tons of love on twitter tonight so he should hit his DMs ASAP.

Matt really is totally clueless if he thought "supermodel" Bri would be his girlfriend

Ok, I'm happy to hear this.  He's cute.  (Luke)  (nOT Matt)

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

That was sooooo mean.  I always kinda liked this Luke, but the editing was so cruel to him.  I don't mind Bre turning down the rose, that's her prerogative, but the guys stifling laughter, etc. nobody giving a holy f*** that he was leaving.  Oh, man.

Now that he is gone I think it is safe to post that word was he spent most of his time talking about his tequila company.... something other Luke accused him of on the Bachelorette. 

Edited by DEL901
  • Useful 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

I think TPTB were hoping for another Grocery Store Joe with Matt, the nice night one dumpee but he just didn't have the IT factor needed to carry any story line.   Add the fact that he thought he was getting a SUPERMODEL as a girlfriend, is just laughable.  

And I guess with just 10 minutes left we aren't getting any fantasy suites tonight

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

Now that he is gone I think it is safe to post that word was he spent most of his time talking about his tequila company.... something other Luke accused him of on the Bachelorette. 

Oh, was it a shot of tequila that Luke was sniffing in his “Almost Paradise” montage, then? I was all is that a little jug of Vick’s Vapo-Rub? Smelling salts as a callback to when the other Luke bodyslammed him?

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, CindyBee said:

I think TPTB were hoping for another Grocery Store Joe with Matt, the nice night one dumpee but he just didn't have the IT factor needed to carry any story line.

It's funny how we like some of these people until we get to "know" them better.

• Love 8

Why did Chris Harrison say at the beginning “no couple is safe”? Safe from what? The show is over. Also these people are way too serious about going to a hotel room. It doesn’t mean you are chained together for life! Maybe they feed the still single ones to the sharks or something. 

• LOL 15
  • Love 4
27 minutes ago, Katie111 said:

I was so confused by that “breakup”.  He said he was in love.  She said she wasn’t there YET but when did they agree to break up? 

I know. JPJ just up and left. They should have left together a la Dean and Caelynn. To continue seeing if their relationship progressed. I guess JPJ felt all or nothing. Looks like he had a change of heart as we saw in previews for next Tuesday.

• Love 1