Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E12: Week 6, Part 2

• Start Topic

Tayshia and JPJ is obviously a replay of the "doomed" relationship of Grocery store Joe and Kendall, although this time the producers had even more fun with it - making a whole montage of their quirky yet beatutiful love story as he left. Her mumbling "I don't want you to go". Him gravely saing "Goodbye, Tayshia.". Some of those producers are going to go on writing scripts for romantic comedies, mark my words. The classy, elegant and serious woman thinking that the goofy, earnest guy is not right for her. Trying her luck with a more appropriate elder man, then realizing in the end that the playful and not-so-obvious choice is really the man of her life. Hello, engagement at the after show!

I've been wondering what they're trying to sell us with the whole Demi / Kristian thing, and finally have a theory: a brand new gay spinoff starring Kristian as the first lesbian bachelorette. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 6

I've been bored the past couple of weeks with this show. Past seasons were more interesting than this one. This one seems so much more scripted than any other season, to me. I will say this is the first week I actually believed Hannah has romantical feelings for Dylan. 

I feel the "talks" were very scripted too. Especially Demi and Kristans, and Tayshia and JPJ's. Tayshia found it very hard to make a tear appear while she cried, and she appeared to be laughing at one point, knowing this was all fake for the drama and she and JPJ were not really breaking up. Who thinks after all the tears and emotional hoopla JPJ went through for her, he would stoically walk away without a meltdown or a bucket full of head fluid pouring out of him, if the rejection were real.

Clay is the biggest bore snoozefest of a boyfriend. If someone spends their life in a gym and wants his girlfriend to, with him, he's going to want them to be in perfect physical tip top shape too. Nicole would have to live up to that standard, that gym rats expect. 

Chris is single this long for a reason. Looks like fear of commitment to me. Katie is so beautiful and seems sane and grounded, so I hope he breaks her heart sooner than later, so she can find someone that appreciates her.

Matt sure seems like he would prefer to be on the gay beach. I think he started sweating profusely like a pig when he came down to the beach because it suddenly was a reality that he would have to date girls with cooties. He needed a man to towel him off and praise his buff bod to feel calmer. 
Referring to Bri as a super model and that being what he was excited about while talking of her tho he had better rapport with Sydney, would turn any "super" model off. Regular ones too.  Like Bri. He's not hot enough for her to want to be his ornament of lesser cooties, than him or his mom can tolerate.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Oddly, I thought it was already announced....

I don’t watch Bachelor or Bachelorette.  I only watch BIP because it seems more realistic to me.  I just don’t get a bunch of men competing over one girl, or vice versa, like in Bachelor/-Etta.  Seems ridiculous.

At least in this show, the producers (obviously) bring the guys and girls who have expressed an interest in one or more of them. That’s more realistic to me.

I was sad that JPJ  and Tayshia left.  Good on him for saying, “If you’re not sure, then I’m out.”  Seems like a waste of time for both of them, but who knows?  

I’m also annoyed at Chris B.  Sheesh....you’re the old guy, 🙄, and should be more grounded than the 24 and 26 year olds.  Sometimes, the man who can’t decide needs to be left.  No contact.  They often come back.  

• Love 2
11 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

Sad for JPJ and Katie who seemed sincerely hurt.  Katie got cuter and cuter to me all season and she seems smarter than the average B'ette.

She seemed like a great friend to the other girls and dare I say more mature than Chris. As much as I like Chris, I wanted Katie to run away. 9 times out of 10 when a guy says he's difficult without also indicating he's looking to change, he's giving himself an out.

10 hours ago, adhoc said:

I thought JPJ lived on the East Coast and Tayshia lives on the West Coast.  I never got the impression that either of them was jumping at the chance to move to where the other one was so they could continue dating. That said, I imagine if they had lived in close proximity, perhaps they would have continued exploring their relationship for a while.

I had a cynical thought during the breakup that the over the top gushing over Tayshia was JPJ's plan all along to (a) win fans and (b) force Tayshia to break up with him at the end. He strikes me as just that calculating, beneath that surfer boy exterior. Or maybe he's really just that much of a free spirit.

6 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

Nicole should have known from the Angela story that Clay cuts and runs at the first hint of pressure, even after eight months.  

I have no recollection of him on Hannah's (?) season. Was he as non-committal? Something about the way he talks and inability to articulate his thoughts clearly makes me wonder if he has anxiety issues. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Tatortot said:

Any thoughts on who is the next bachelor?

The insanely tight/short pants and everyone's 😲😲😲😲😲reactions made it seem like it was Tyler but it can't be because why would he give up Gigi Hadid for this gig and the nincompoops this show continues to cast.

Besides that, I have nothing, unless Super Hot Peter from Rachel's season decided to do it.  I don't know.  If it's anyone but these two I fear boringsville.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, kazza said:

I have no recollection of him on Hannah's (?) season. Was he as non-committal? Something about the way he talks and inability to articulate his thoughts clearly makes me wonder if he has anxiety issues. 

He wasn’t on Hannah’s season.   He was on Becca’s and had to leave after, ironically, getting hurt playing football.  

Edited by DEL901
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Cecily said:

Tayshia and JPJ is obviously a replay of the "doomed" relationship of Grocery store Joe and Kendall, although this time the producers had even more fun with it - making a whole montage of their quirky yet beatutiful love story as he left. Her mumbling "I don't want you to go". Him gravely saing "Goodbye, Tayshia.". Some of those producers are going to go on writing scripts for romantic comedies, mark my words. The classy, elegant and serious woman thinking that the goofy, earnest guy is not right for her. Trying her luck with a more appropriate elder man, then realizing in the end that the playful and not-so-obvious choice is really the man of her life. Hello, engagement at the after show!

I've been wondering what they're trying to sell us with the whole Demi / Kristian thing, and finally have a theory: a brand new gay spinoff starring Kristian as the first lesbian bachelorette. 

OMG, you may be onto something with the Kristian as the first lesbian bachelorette or would she be more defined as the first lesbian bachelor ? I sense Kristian is the (male) counterpart of the lesbian relationship??? I haven't seen anyone post on who was what in the Demi/Kristian relationship.

I admit I actually ended up feeling pretty bad for Katie, she really seems to like Chris, and he was basically begging her to dump him, she just refused to take the bait. I like Chris, but his commitment issues are getting ridiculous, especially considering he keeps coming back to a franchise that is obsessed with marriage. Just to stretch his 15 minutes of fame out? 

Nicole has come off really bad this season, acting like some D Grade mean girl obsessed with her boyfriends ex girlfriend, but I do feel kind of bad for her, as its increasingly obvious that she is way more into Clay than he is into her. Clay seems like he is still hung up on Angela, or possibly that he really just came here to mess around after leaving a relationship. Nicole is desperately thirsty for a ring, but I dont see it happening. 

Oh yeah Demi, you are just SO worried about people seeing you kiss a girl...thats why you took her onto a popular dating show to literally broadcast your relationship to millions of people! All of her angst seems so false, like she realized that now that she has hitched her wagon to Kristian, she wont get as much screentime due to lack of dating drama, so she had to make this up to keep the camera on her. 

Matt turned out to be a real shallow loser. Not only is his mammas boy stuff seem really awkward, creepy and immature, but he is clearly more into a woman's looks than her actual personality, as much as he plays the nice cute guy. He even admits that he likes Sidney better as a person, but picked Bre because "she’s a supermodel" and later because another guy wants her too. And thats all he ever says about her! That she’s hot and a model, that is the beginning and end of his interest in her! Its obvious even to her, who kicks his ass to the curb because its so obvious that he only likes her because of her looks and because it makes him look cool to date a model. And honestly, I dont even think Bre is noticeably hotter than any other woman on this show! I think Sidney is much prettier personally, but whatever. 

Connor and Whitney clearly gamed the system, going off to an awesome suite, and leaving those idiots to sweat it out on the beach!

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 15
10 hours ago, Just Carol said:

Well, she does have her Blue Steel look.  "My eyes smiled.  Did you see?"

6 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Not Blue Steel, she did a "smize," which means she watched American's Next Top Model. Watched it, wasn't on it. Smize is a Tyra-ism. I thought it hilarious that she called it that. Told me a lot about her.

I thought she went to the Joey Tribiani School of Smell the Fart Acting.

8 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

this show is supposed to be something of a "Bachelor All-Stars" show, where fan favorites come together in a more relaxed atmosphere to find love.

Bachelor Pad was so much better.  Even those that didn't like each other could get to the end and win money.

57 minutes ago, One4Sorrow2TooBad said:

OMG, you may be onto something with the Kristian as the first lesbian bachelorette

I said it first when we first saw her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Love 8
17 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

The insanely tight/short pants and everyone's 😲😲😲😲😲reactions made it seem like it was Tyler but it can't be because why would he give up Gigi Hadid for this gig and the nincompoops this show continues to cast.

They were clearly trying to make people think it's Tyler with that no socks/bare ankle/skinny pants shot. But anyone who's keeping up with the entertainment media knows that bullshit because Tyler's dating Gigi Hadid isn't a secret. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, One4Sorrow2TooBad said:

OMG, you may be onto something with the Kristian as the first lesbian bachelorette or would she be more defined as the first lesbian bachelor ? I sense Kristian is the (male) counterpart of the lesbian relationship??? I haven't seen anyone post on who was what in the Demi/Kristian relationship.

The point of a lesbian relationship is that there are no men. Neither of them are the man in the relationship. 

For what it's worth, their careful communications sounds like pretty typical queer processing techniques. It's unsurprising that Demi/Kristian are having better communication and validation than the others.

• Love 16

You know who I'd really like to see as the next Bachelor? LUKE P!  Yes I said that.  I would love watching him be his weird unpredictable, say it, deny it, back track and flip, self.  He would have all the women crazy, vying for which ones wanted to tell him off and which ones wanted to be His Person who truly "understands" him.  Plus I think he's purty.

• LOL 6
  • Love 6

I hate to be mean, but just watched it and sadly tayshia has the “ joker” face- too much filler. She’s very pretty though .

lol” the lyrics” to the song on clay and Nicole’s date. Hahah. She needs to run tho- he is not ready which is a shame. Maybe it would be different if Angela wasn’t there - but he seems to fear commitment .

• Love 2

JPJ is so obsessed with how things looks. All carefully orchestrated everything that looks perfect on the outside. He reminds me of Terry O'Quinn's character in the movie Stepfather who killed off everyone every time the perfect family facade started to crack and then moved on to a new family.

Kristian, give it up. Demi is way too insecure for you. 

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Tyler would be just like everyone else in the franchise, leave the sidepiece at home while you go on to increase your followers and status on the famewhore list. Gigi knows how this works, she'd be back with him after he dumps whomever it is he pairs up with on TB.

Am I too jaded for this franchise?

If so, then I also vote for Luke P as TB. Might as well bring the crazy from all directions. Plus, as Judy said, he's purdy.

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 5
35 minutes ago, mertensia said:

JPJ is so obsessed with how things looks. All carefully orchestrated everything that looks perfect on the outside. He reminds me of Terry O'Quinn's character in the movie Stepfather who killed off everyone every time the perfect family facade started to crack and then moved on to a new family.

This sounds like my kind of movie. I love Terry O’Quinn...and ridiculous Lifetime movies.

• Love 6
On 9/10/2019 at 9:56 PM, JenE4 said:

Oh, was it a shot of tequila that Luke was sniffing in his “Almost Paradise” montage, then? I was all is that a little jug of Vick’s Vapo-Rub? Smelling salts as a callback to when the other Luke bodyslammed him?

I kept thinking he was making fun of Nick Viall who sells essential oils, but that requires a couple layers of reference to understand so I could be wrong. Man, I know he is the poor man's Nick, but Haley didn't have to keep emphatically stressing it in her talking heads. Ouch.

I actually felt some emotion for JPJ and Tayshia?! Those two genuinely seemed to enjoy each other. I knew the whole time that she was viewing it as a fun summer fling with no expectations of it continuing seriously, but I think that when he left her there (in a very matter of fact Grocery Store Joe manner, which I appreciate), she realized that she felt more for him than she had expected to. I actually thought it was a bit romantic.

THERE'S the Bukowski I remember! Except with much more angst. Get it together, man, you don't have to propose. What do these producers do to people to make them think they can't just carry on their relationship off the show without a ring?

• Love 13
15 hours ago, SassyCat said:

Clay is the biggest bore snoozefest of a boyfriend. If someone spends their life in a gym and wants his girlfriend to, with him, he's going to want them to be in perfect physical tip top shape too. Nicole would have to live up to that standard, that gym rats expect. 

I agree that Clay is a snooze, but I don't think he expects or needs his girlfriend to be in particularly good shape.  He is not a body builder Mr. America type.  Also, Nicole seems to have gained weight over the season, and we know that Angela had also gained weight while dating him.  A guy that big might not notice when his girlfriend puts on a couple pounds.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Finally saw this in HD and wow, they are all plastic to a certain degree but no one compares to Bri. She has the same duck lips done as Caelynn but worse workmanship. And that nose! 

I like Tayshia more on BIP than the Bachelor. At least she seems like a real person here; the good, the bad and the ugly. She was so fake on Colton's season, always grinning vapidly at whatever Colton does or says.

• Love 6
46 minutes ago, waving feather said:

I like Tayshia more on BIP than the Bachelor. At least she seems like a real person here; the good, the bad and the ugly. She was so fake on Colton's season, always grinning vapidly at whatever Colton does or says.

Same. She didn't always come off great, but certainly more real than the wide-eyed, perma-smiling robot she was on Colton's season. 

Matt turned out to be a real shallow loser. Not only is his mammas boy stuff seem really awkward, creepy and immature, but he is clearly more into a woman's looks than her actual personality, as much as he plays the nice cute guy. He even admits that he likes Sidney better as a person, but picked Bre because "shes a supermodel" and later because another guy wants her too. And thats all he ever says about her! That shes hot and a model, that is the beginning and end of his interest in her! Its obvious even to her, who kicks his ass to the curb because its so obvious that he only likes her because of her looks and because it makes him look cool to date a model. And honestly, I dont even think Bre is noticeably hotter than any other woman on this show! I think Sidney is much prettier personally, but whatever. 

That attitude seemed like another check in the "matt may be gay" column. He didn't seem actually attracted to either girl, he just picked the girl that another guy was attracted to, like he was using it a cue. Same with the excitement over Bre being a "supermodel" (which, no. No, she's not. I'd be surprised if she's anything more than an Instagram "model"), it was another external cue for him. 

I agree that Clay is a snooze, but I don't think he expects or needs his girlfriend to be in particularly good shape.  He is not a body builder Mr. America type.  Also, Nicole seems to have gained weight over the season, and we know that Angela had also gained weight while dating him.  A guy that big might not notice when his girlfriend puts on a couple pounds.

We did hear him tell Angela that he'd wanted her to go to the gym with him, that's when she pointed out that he spends 4 hours a day there.

As for gaining weight while with him, I have to imagine that anyone who spends that much time at the gym is probably eating quite a lot too and that can lead to habits that don't work for a person who's NOT spending all those hours in the gym. 

Nicole has come off really bad this season, acting like some D Grade mean girl obsessed with her boyfriends ex girlfriend, but I do feel kind of bad for her, as its increasingly obvious that she is way more into Clay than he is into her. Clay seems like he is still hung up on Angela, or possibly that he really just came here to mess around after leaving a relationship. Nicole is desperately thirsty for a ring, but I dont see it happening. 

I just don't see what's so special about her or their relationship that he'd suddenly be ready to take a huge step commitment-wise when he just very recently was not ready to go there with Angela after many months. I don't see them lasting in the real world. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, mertensia said:

JPJ is so obsessed with how things looks. All carefully orchestrated everything that looks perfect on the outside.

I found him to be very gross.  I would change the channel when he puked and blew snot out of his nose onto the sand........................excuse me while I retch.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, ljenkins782 said:

We did hear him tell Angela that he'd wanted her to go to the gym with him, that's when she pointed out that he spends 4 hours a day there.

As for gaining weight while with him, I have to imagine that anyone who spends that much time at the gym is probably eating quite a lot too and that can lead to habits that don't work for a person who's NOT spending all those hours in the gym. 

I don't think he necessary wanted Angela to work out with him, just to watch him work out.  Probably she has her own means of transportation and can go and come from the gym on her own schedule.

Any guy who would want someone to go to the gym, mainly to watch him work out, is a narcissist.  

16 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

Because he's too occupied looking at his own reflection to notice anyone else.

Heh, I went out a couple of times with a gym rat and whenever we'd walk down the street and would pass a store window, I noticed him looking at his reflection in the mirror.  It was like he couldn't help himself.  Two dates with him was enough and I was done with him, lol.  

• Love 1
19 hours ago, One4Sorrow2TooBad said:

omg that is the one thing that would make me quit this show after an every season watcher. not because I have any issues with gay people, but because anything that brings attention to Demi (who wed have to se heartbroken, etc) would make me nauseous beyond belief. enough with the Demi show and her bs. at the begiining of theseason she and Hannah had their pre-planned discussion that she is "fluid" not gay. theyll get engaged cause its the storyline but only a few weeks ago Demi was having a "connection" with Derek, and practically molested Colton on his season. UGH.

• Love 3
44 minutes ago, Just Carol said:

I don't think Clay is like Kevin...  any guy who kisses his biceps, ecchhh.

Clay does seem like a nice guy, but hes just into himself and his stuff--the 4 hours a day is a bit much, but if he can afford the time, I suppose but why force your gf to go with you. but even though he is somewhat clueless he does seem like a nice guy--Kevin was obnoxious.

7 hours ago, waving feather said:

Finally saw this in HD and wow, they are all plastic to a certain degree but no one compares to Bri. She has the same duck lips done as Caelynn but worse workmanship. And that nose! 

I hated her on coltons season as the '"worlds funnest girlfriend" but wow she has that joker face and needs to stop on the filler--she is a gorgeous girl and doesnt need to ruin herself like that.

7 hours ago, waving feather said:

Very good point.

1 hour ago, Just Carol said:

I don't think he necessary wanted Angela to work out with him, just to watch him work out.  Probably she has her own means of transportation and can go and come from the gym on her own schedule.

That's even worse!

1 hour ago, Just Carol said:

I don't think Clay is like Kevin...  any guy who kisses his biceps, ecchhh.

Is this the Kevin who was on Hannah's season?  How come I don't remember anything about this aspect of him?

• LOL 1
1 hour ago, nlkm9 said:

Clay does seem like a nice guy, but hes just into himself and his stuff--the 4 hours a day is a bit much, but if he can afford the time, I suppose but why force your gf to go with you. but even though he is somewhat clueless he does seem like a nice guy--Kevin was obnoxious.

Was that when he still thought he could sign with an NFL team?

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

Was that when he still thought he could sign with an NFL team?

I think so... because the breakup came partially due to his going into a tailspin over losing out on that shot.

I can picture this is his job, so 4 hours working out is like punching the clock for him, it's what he does. So I give him a bit of a pass there on the time spent. But, if he wanted her to stay with him for that four hours yeah, clueless and overly demanding that she digs the things you do just because you're dating, whihc never works well in relationships.

• Love 5

I didn't really take Clay as saying he wanted her to be at the gym with him for 4 hours a day.  But I was multi-tasking during that convo.  Wasn't he more saying she was welcome to come with him?  Does she have a full time or traditional job that would preclude her from going with him on some days?  I wouldn't want to spend hours on end at the gym either, but it just makes me wonder if it was a situation where she was complaining about the time he spent there and his response was well come with me.  It was literally his job to be in the gym and training to get NFL ready.  

Angela expressed her desire to be a stay at home mom, and that didn't align with what Clay wanted in a relationship.  I think it's ok for him to feel that way and to walk away from the relationship based on that.  Quite frankly, I wouldn't want to marry a man whose goal was to be a stay at home dad.  It's more mature to be honest and end it if that is a deal breaker, than hope she'll change her mind down the road when they actually have kids.  

• Love 8
On 9/11/2019 at 8:16 AM, Lindz said:

I scream laughed!! That shit was HILARIOUS!! Seeing him standing there with his rose... Then Chris walking up. I thought he'd be like, "Bitch, give me back that rose!" & snatch it back! 😂😂 He was so defeated, he didn't even look at them to see more rejection, just looked at CH. He should've just walked away afterwards. WHY say goodbye?

I saw an article where Luke S is pissed at the way this was shown.  he said it was edited to make him look bad, and said that Chris saying "anyone want this rose?"  was added later.  

On 9/11/2019 at 5:33 PM, Cecily said:

I've been thinking, based on Demi giving "relationship advice"  at the bar, if Wells is quitting and they're planning on Demi and Kristian take over bartending duties next year. 

The whole show is kind of pathetic.  After a few weeks of hanging out on the beach, swapping spit with everyone, the couples have to make a decision - either agree to MARRY the person you've been hanging out with, or walk away, knowing you will never see them again, and will die alone.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, nutty1 said:

I was playing Candy Crush while watching! Did CH really say they have to get engaged or walk away? If so, walk away and plan to see each the next week.  DUH!

Or do what Kevin and Astrid did, have a dramatic “break up” that gives you screen time, then reconnect in the real world and continue your relationship in a normal, healthy timeframe. 

• Love 6
On 9/12/2019 at 8:04 AM, mertensia said:

I don't think Demi knows what she wants.  She's a little girl and Kristian is a woman!  Wouldn't be a bit surprised to learn Demi changed her mind and wants a man!

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I don't think Demi knows what she wants.  She's a little girl and Kristian is a woman!  Wouldn't be a bit surprised to learn Demi changed her mind and wants a man!

Demi wants airtime. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12

I don’t understand the prerequisite about knowing that you want to get engaged BEFORE the fantasy dates. Isn’t the whole point of the fantasy suites to have time “away from the cameras” to decide if this is the one? They must just be too damn cheap to spring for that many rooms at the “good hotel” up the road because otherwise I would think it would make for much better TV to have couples end up breaking up at Proposal Point. But by the same token, even though Harrison said you have to be ready to get engaged, I think not all of these people WILL necessarily get engaged, so why wouldn’t everyone with a decent connection who may want to keep dating just go to the fantasy suites and then give a “final rose” but not an engagement ring? Even people on the “real show” have done this, so why so much angst and pressure here? As I said, more opportunities for Most Dramatic endings that way, too—especially if someone is expecting a ring but gets a rose...or even an outright dumping.

Edited by JenE4
  • Love 4
32 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

I don’t understand the prerequisite about knowing that you want to get engaged BEFORE the fantasy dates. Isn’t the whole point of the fantasy suites to have time “away from the cameras” to decide if this is the one? They must just be too damn cheap to spring for that many rooms at the “good hotel” up the road because otherwise I would think it would make for much better TV to have couples end up breaking up at Proposal Point. But by the same token, even though Harrison said you have to be ready to get engaged, I think not all of these people WILL necessarily get engaged, so why wouldn’t everyone with a decent connection who may want to keep dating just go to the fantasy suites and then give a “final rose” but not an engagement ring? Even people on the “real show” have done this, so why so much angst and pressure here? As I said, more opportunities for Most Dramatic endings that way, too—especially if someone is expecting a ring but gets a rose...or even an outright dumping.

All fair points. I think with this franchise it always comes back to them wanting to have their cake and eat it too. There are a million things this show could do to be more interesting, more authentic, more fun, but instead they try to be all things to everyone all the time (dramatic, funny, serious, about love, about hate). What we get is this milquetoast, scripted BS that pleases no one but is just good enough for people to watch angrily hoping it gets better. At the end of the day all we can do is stop watching. Then they’ll cancel it. But they’ll never improve the show. If anything they’ll make it worse. 

• Love 4
14 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

if Wells is quitting and they're planning on Demi and Kristian take over bartending duties next year.

I hope this doesn’t happen. I’ll still watch 🙄, but Kristian rubs me the wrong way.  I’ve seen all I need to see of her and it’s a hard no.

Edited by woodscommaelle
  • Love 7
21 hours ago, GracieK said:

I didn't really take Clay as saying he wanted her to be at the gym with him for 4 hours a day.  But I was multi-tasking during that convo.  Wasn't he more saying she was welcome to come with him?  Does she have a full time or traditional job that would preclude her from going with him on some days?  I wouldn't want to spend hours on end at the gym either, but it just makes me wonder if it was a situation where she was complaining about the time he spent there and his response was well come with me.  It was literally his job to be in the gym and training to get NFL ready.  

Angela expressed her desire to be a stay at home mom, and that didn't align with what Clay wanted in a relationship.  I think it's ok for him to feel that way and to walk away from the relationship based on that.  Quite frankly, I wouldn't want to marry a man whose goal was to be a stay at home dad.  It's more mature to be honest and end it if that is a deal breaker, than hope she'll change her mind down the road when they actually have kids.  

Good point. In that conversation it sounded like she was not interested in working at all-perhaps he felt pressure to support her from day one ? Yeah his prerogative . Always sad when someone is heartbroken . 

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I have a hard time believing these two as a couple.  Their interactions seemed forced and unnatural.  I’m certain they are playing assigned roles, and neither one of them has the acting chops to pull it off.  That being said, even if the relationship is real, it is creepy as hell.  Kristian comes off as a parent trying to placate an angsty teen.  I just don’t buy a romantic relationship here.

• Love 7
On 9/12/2019 at 9:32 AM, ljenkins782 said:

Same with the excitement over Bre being a "supermodel" (which, no. No, she's not. I'd be surprised if she's anything more than an Instagram "model"), it was another external cue for him. 

I saw her model clothes on https://www.revolve.com a few months ago. Modeling on retail websites is today's equivalent of catalog modeling (i.e. the opposite of "supermodel"), but it's pretty well-paid if you can get it as a steady gig.

I loved the editors having some fun with Connor and Whitney - every time either of them talked about the "great conversation" they had at the wedding, TPTB spliced in clips of them having the most mundane small talk imaginable. I want more of that and less of the overwrought angst that's dominated the season.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 2

We thought Demi's teen angst days are over after Kristian arrived and Derek left. That was what she was sulking over right? But now she has miraculously find more reasons to be angsty about. All for the sake of getting more screen time. I prefer the other problematic blonde Corrine. She is a mess but she's more fun and entertaining than Demi.

• Love 3

I just now noticed the finale is on tomorrow night and not tonight so that the network can almost force us to watch Dancing With the Stars by accident.  Not going to work for me, I'll just watch part 2 of the Ken Burns documentary on PBS and might get so caught up I watch part 3 on Tuesday night.  I'm already forgetting who these people are.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1