Type keyword(s) to search

Darcey & Tom: No More Meester Rice Guy

• Start Topic

15 hours ago, mamadrama said:

So upfront let me say that I agree with all of you about Darcey being too desperate and thinking her only worth is sexual. Being upset that Tom didn't want to jiggy jiggy her on that first night was kind of sad. However, and I can't believe I'm going to say this, I kinda get it. 

I was doing this long-term travel stint in Eastern Europe when I met British "Mark" at a hostel in Cesky Krumov, Czech Republic. We hit it off right away and spent 2 full days together. He didn't make a move on me, even though on the second night we slept in the same bed so that we could stay up all night talking. On the third day we traveled to Prague where we, once again, spent 2 full days by each other's sides. We had what I thought was a very good connection. Still, although he flirted with me and I tried to flirt back and offer, um, hints he didn't make a move. As he was getting on the bus back to London he said, "You know, I feel like I'm making a huge mistake. I don't think I want to leave you." We agreed to meet in Ireland 6 months later. We were going to do this whole BEFORE SUNRISE thing. Our letters to each other during that time were fun and flirty. We talked about long-term stuff and how we might do things together in the future. Neither one of us dated anyone in the interim and I was smitten. When Ireland came around, though, he stood me up. There I was on this desolate Irish island (sorry Inishere), waiting by the ferry dock for 2 days.  Later he'd claim that the airfare was too high. (Yes, I know.) I was crushed but figured, oh well. It happens. Eight months later when I traveled back to Ireland, I sent him a note and just offhandedly mentioned the place where I was staying at on the Dingle peninsula. 24 hours later I'm walking out of the hostel and he's standing there waiting for me. We spent 2 days together hanging out and talking but at the end of that second night, when I got in bed with him, he actually asked me to go to my own. Yes, he kicked me out of bed. I was mortified because I wasn't even offering sex or coming on to him. He offered no explanation. The next morning he got on a bus to Galway and I boarded one for Limerick and we never saw each other again. We sent a few more messages but I eventually gave up.

I absolutely felt embarrassed and rejected. Although he never made a physical move on me, in his letters he made it clear that he was attracted. Even his surprise trip to see me in Ireland is weird in hindsight. I have no idea what any of that was about. I had a good job. I'm cute. I'm no Kirylam but I think I could could pass for Darcey's filtered pictures more than Darcey could.  We had a lot in common. I wasn't clingy or desperate. I didn't talk about exes or do any of those "How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days" things. I wound up with self-esteem issues. 

I respect Tom for not jumping into bed with her. Nobody should ever feel pressured for sex. But if we take Darcey's word for it that they were sexting, or whatever, then I could see how she might feel confused about his intentions. She keeps harping on about how they've known each other for "4 years", but even if they'd only been chatting for a few months, I could see how she might be confused. Spending all that time flirting with her, asking to see her friend's cleavage, etc, and then really backing off in person. There's a fine line between being a gentleman and stringing someone along sometimes. Of course we haven't seen their messages, so I can't say any of that happened for sure. I think with her he needed to just be blunt and to the point without leaving any room for a gray area: Darcey, I'm very attracted to you but I'd just feel more comfortable if we spent a few days getting to know each other in person before we become intimate. I'm a little nervous with the cameras around and I've messed up some relationships in the past by jumping into the physical stuff too quickly and because I DO like you so much, I want to try and make this work.

Mark was British and straight. (He'd have been a good candidate for "gay or European", but my own husband falls into that category as well.) I've talked to my British husband about the situation, seeing if maybe there could've been some crossed wires or if his actions were a British thing. Nope. My husband is flummoxed as well. 

If anyone wants to add to my part of it, I'll meet you over in the small talk. I didn't want to hijack the forum, but I can actually "get" some of what Darcey might have been feeling. I know, it's not a good look. Don't worry, though, I haven't totally gone off the cliff. I still think she's a desperate Stage 5 clinger. 

Interesting, mamadrama. I had a somewhat similar experience in university. A very attractive guy kept flirting with me, taking me out on dates, asking me to be his date for weddings, and talking to me on the phone for hours. He did everything a man would do to show interest. Wrote me letters when I went away for a semester. One time he even popped into my workplace to surprise me. Everybody thought he was so into me, and yet ... he never made a move. Once, at his apartment, he dimmed the lights, put on soft music and poured the wine. I was sure a makeout session was in the cards. But, nope. It was all so bizarre!

Then one day, when we were talking on the phone, in the middle of a typical conversation, he casually dropped that he started seeing some girl. I was totally floored. What?? Couldn't make heads or tales of the whole thing. It did make me feel bad about myself, though. I was cute and lots of guys liked me "that way", but why couldn't THIS guy bring himself to want me physically? What was wrong with me? And why did he pay me so much attention if he wasn't attracted to me? To this day that episode makes no sense.

To bring this back to Darcey - yes, I can understand feeling disappointed that she didn't have to fight him off. After all, men are supposed to be perpetual horn dogs who take every opportunity offered them, right?  I get it. But to whine and blubber about it is NOT the way to entice him.

They'd just met in person for the first time. It's perfectly reasonable to not hop into bed within a nanosecond. Jeez. It's not like they met in a club and had a one-nighter. She's there for a few weeks. He can't just escape after "doing it" and say he's gotta go polish his andirons (<-- When Harry Met Sally reference). Darcey should be thankful that he wasn't so presumptuous about their sleeping arrangements. She needs to learn that mystery is more attractive, and that men enjoy the chase.  She sabotages herself at every turn.

Edited by deedee2
  • Love 9

Sadly, Tom does decide to succumb to her charms  and reinforces her belief that she’s irresistible to men. Her little Scarlet O’Hara morning after being ravished by Rhett act was revolting. You could see her mentally picking out engagement rings and  envisioning her wedding dress. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

Poor Darcey.  She needs a new tribe because her sister and friend were totally shitty.  And Tom was shitty, too.  Who DOES that?  Tom is not as sexy as he thinks he is, and I know....Darcey is the oldest teenager in the world, but having her friend and sister betray her like that is awful.  

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, not you again said:

Seeing Darcy cast about for SOMETHING, ANYTHING to say during that dessert scene when none of her stock phrases make any headway on Tom is GOLD.  You can practically feel the confusion and panic.  This chick has no substance at all; she doesn't seem to have even basic intelligence.  If she suddenly starting smoking and her head popped off like the FemBots in Austin Powers I wouldn't be surprised.

Reminded me of when Tom asked her what she knew about Albania and she says “ i don’t know, it’s like kinda Mediterranean?”  

All Darcy knows is her sister found a young hot guy there and got engaged !!!

She has no interest in anything other than as a romantic getaway and possible source of hot young foreign fiancés. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
14 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

But she has no honor over which to fight  😄  

Maybe they could fight over her red-soled shoes.  I'd pay a couple of bucks to see that.  

They are so wrong for using that picture of tom with balled up toilet paper stuffed in his nose 🤣

• LOL 4
On 9/6/2019 at 4:53 PM, Gigglepuff said:

Doesn't Stacey have a couple of young sons of her own? Where are they while she's off chasing young d in Albania?

These two sisters have more in common than just their looks. 

I remember Darcey saying her mother was going to be watching her girls while she was in England and since the twins are currently living in their "father's house" (at least for filming) I would imagine that Stacy's kids are either also with their Silva Grandparents or with their father. 

This whole Albania boyfriend thing is so "I wanna green card so badly I'll pretend to be in love with this hyped up bitch". I did some work in Albania and lemme tell ya, it might be different 10 years later but it's not a place I'd go for vacay because the beaches are nice. It's a really bizarre country that was literally closed to the rest of the world for decades while the then-dictator brain washed the country into believing the Western World was coming to invade them and kill everyone. If you drive through the countryside you'll see these bizarre bumps all over the landscape that are old bunkers where people were told to hide and defend the country when the invasion happened (it never happened, btw...). Yes I saw a nice ruin complex and yes the beaches are supposed to be nice, but it's not enough to get me to ever go back unless someone is paying me a lot to do work there, and even then, I'd probably take a pass. So all that is to say that Stacey's bf is totally looking for the green card payoff. I would bet good money on that shit.

And I agree that Darcey probably just wants to go there because she thinks Tom is hotter than the Albanian bf.

• Useful 5
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, gingerella said:

And I agree that Darcey probably just wants to go there because she thinks Tom is hotter than the Albanian bf.

if she thinks THAT, she's obviously knocking back the wine again! I think she could claim that Tom is richer or more successful than Stacy's hunky Albanian, but sexier or better looking? No way! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I think the real reason Darcey wants to go to Albania (still one of my favorite countries to visit) is because she and her sister have been jockeying for their own reality show for years and now that one of them has access to some camera time they're going hardcore for it. The adventures of the Silva twins and their men!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
20 hours ago, gingerella said:

This whole Albania boyfriend thing is so "I wanna green card so badly I'll pretend to be in love with this hyped up bitch". I did some work in Albania and lemme tell ya, it might be different 10 years later but it's not a place I'd go for vacay because the beaches are nice. It's a really bizarre country that was literally closed to the rest of the world for decades while the then-dictator brain washed the country into believing the Western World was coming to invade them and kill everyone. If you drive through the countryside you'll see these bizarre bumps all over the landscape that are old bunkers where people were told to hide and defend the country when the invasion happened (it never happened, btw...). Yes I saw a nice ruin complex and yes the beaches are supposed to be nice, but it's not enough to get me to ever go back unless someone is paying me a lot to do work there, and even then, I'd probably take a pass. So all that is to say that Stacey's bf is totally looking for the green card payoff. I would bet good money on that shit.

That is literally the opposite of everything I have seen and experienced on my multiple trips there. 

But then, I prefer places that aren't overrun with tourists and have a lot of character. And if a country has been closed for tourism for some time and has only recently reopened then I am the first in line. That's my kind of place. 

• Love 2

I finally saw the "I am not a disciple" line and Tom cracks me up!  "Darcy is a bit over emotional about things.....: ya think?  Someone upthread they come off as co-workers meeting for drinks, not potential boyfriend and girlfriend.  "He is so perfect!"  No, no he is not.  No one is!

• Love 6

And Tom's old friend flame Roucelle ( I mean really where do they get these people??????). She so looks and sounds like a character out of some  silly slapstick Brit TV show. Kind of like AbFab but not quite. No disrespect meant but at first glance when he and Darcey were meeting Rouchelle and the blonde friend (and even later when they were all sitting together) they looked like drag queens. That make up and attire was so so very over the top.

(Surprised to not see a million comments about them. Unless I am posting in the wrong forum?)

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, mayvenne said:

And Tom's old friend flame Roucelle ( I mean really where do they get these people??????). She so looks and sounds like a character out of some  silly slapstick Brit TV show. Kind of like AbFab but not quite. No disrespect meant but at first glance when he and Darcey were meeting Rouchelle and the blonde friend (and even later when they were all sitting together) they looked like drag queens. That make up and attire was so so very over the top.

(Surprised to not see a million comments about them. Unless I am posting in the wrong forum?)

Roucelle's lips barely moved when she spoke.

Darcy. Honestly. That club outfit was ridiculous. I laughed out loud at the club when she said she had to go pee. Who was going to stuff her back into those pants when Tom had to zip her up before they left. And that "top" barely covered her nipples - I'm sure one popped out when they first sat down. Good lord woman - get a personal shopper and LISTEN TO HER!

• LOL 7
  • Love 8

Hearing Roucelle's East Midlands accent I did a bit of googling and discovered that her name is Roucelle Modiri and she's from Long Eaton, very close to Nottingham, where Tom lives. Her Insta is private (and I'm not in Insta anyway) but she follows someone whose Insta is called daisy.la.duchesse, who is probably the 'Daisy' we saw for a few seconds. I found this pic of them on a Google search.

Capture.JPG

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, essexjan said:

Hearing Roucelle's East Midlands accent I did a bit of googling and discovered that her name is Roucelle Modiri and she's from Long Eaton, very close to Nottingham, where Tom lives. Her Insta is private (and I'm not in Insta anyway) but she follows someone whose Insta is called daisy.la.duchesse, who is probably the 'Daisy' we saw for a few seconds. I found this pic of them on a Google search.

Capture.JPG

Why do old women insist on doing the duck lips thing? Darcey included. It looks ridiculous when teens/young women do it, but 1,00000000000 xs worse when your'e pushing 40 or more.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
3 minutes ago, Gigglepuff said:

Why do old women insist on doing the duck lips thing? Darcey included. It looks ridiculous when teens/young women do it, but 1,00000000000 xs worse when your'e pushing 40 or more.  

I tried doing it once, I looked awful. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
46 minutes ago, Gigglepuff said:

Based on my 19-year old granddaughter's fb pics with her friends, the newest photo face is mouth WIDE open. 

7 hours ago, mayvenne said:

The brunette (was that Roucelle? I could barely glance up from the live chat!) was fucking HAMMERED.

Those two were the very definition of "slag". These are Tom's "beautiful women"?? Excuse me while I laugh uproariously.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
15 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

The brunette (was that Roucelle? I could barely glance up from the live chat!) was fucking HAMMERED.

Those two were the very definition of "slag". These are Tom's "beautiful women"?? Excuse me while I laugh uproariously.

I didn't realize the show as including scenes from AbFab last night! 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

Answer:  The day Slag Roucelle and Linebacker Daisy showed up.

Question:  The day Darcey wasn't the scariest looking one out of the group?

Who knew this day would come?  But man, oh, man.  Look at what it took to arrive here.  Those were some rough broads! 😲 One looked like the stuff of nightmares and the other one looked like she could bench press a jeep.   That'll teach me to watch this show sober.  Never again.

Edited by Cementhead
  • LOL 15
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

You can easily substitute Darcy (after a night of drinking) for one of those two. The more drinks, the later at night it gets, her makeup fades and starts to slide off and she looks every bit the slag they are. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, iwasish said:

You can easily substitute Darcy (after a night of drinking) for one of those two. The more drinks, the later at night it gets, her makeup fades and starts to slide off and she looks every bit the slag they are. 

But compared to them she looked like Princess Grace

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
On 9/9/2019 at 1:43 PM, Cementhead said:

Answer:  The day Slag Roucelle and Linebacker Daisy showed up.

Question:  The day Darcey wasn't the scariest looking one out of the group?

Who knew this day would come?  But man, oh, man.  Look at what it took to arrive here.  Those were some rough broads! 😲 One looked like the stuff of nightmares and the other one looked like she could bench press a jeep.   That'll teach me to watch this show sober.  Never again.

I’ve seen a lot of trans women and I’d say that the tall blonde may be trans. Darcy identifies as 5’7 (lol), she’s wearing heals and Roucelle (or whatever her name is) is taller then Darcy. then we have the blonde towering over all of them, even Tom, with broad shoulders and strong jawline. All jokes aside, I assumed she was a trans female. My apologies to her if I’m incorrect. 🤷‍♀️

• Love 2

All I can say is if you want to know what’s really going on with Tom and the “ex gf” definitely check out this brilliant Instagram page FraudedbyTLC  https://instagram.com/fraudedbytlc?igshid=19rb6vz918u2d

enjoy the rabbit hole lol 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

I do not believe they "bonded in the bedroom". He looks terrified, horrified, or extremely irritated with her in just about every scene. We are watching a scripted soap opera and he is unable to hide his distaste for this hooker/fame whore. That said, he is a fame whore himself for allowing himself to be filmed with her stupid ass. He has to know they both look dumber than rocks, right? He seems fairly intelligent, but his priorities are askew. She just reeks of desperation and insecurity.....and a combination of too much Angel perfume and body odor. I feel so sorry for her daughters; they must be in hiding. I know I would be. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Hannah94 said:

I do not believe they "bonded in the bedroom". He looks terrified, horrified, or extremely irritated with her in just about every scene. We are watching a scripted soap opera and he is unable to hide his distaste for this hooker/fame whore. That said, he is a fame whore himself for allowing himself to be filmed with her stupid ass. He has to know they both look dumber than rocks, right? He seems fairly intelligent, but his priorities are askew. She just reeks of desperation and insecurity.....and a combination of too much Angel perfume and body odor. I feel so sorry for her daughters; they must be in hiding. I know I would be. 

Maybe we need a witness protection program for the children of all these fools.  I call dibs on Grayson, Ben's son.  I like Daniel but he is a bit too shreeky for me.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
25 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Maybe we need a witness protection program for the children of all these fools.  I call dibs on Grayson, Ben's son.  I like Daniel but he is a bit too shreeky for me.

I couldn't tolerate that either, poor kid really needs to simmer down. I'll take Taeyung.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, blubld43 said:

I couldn't tolerate that either, poor kid really needs to simmer down. I'll take Taeyung.

I could take all Angela's grandchildren, those babies are beautiful but I feel like they are doomed just being in Angela's presence.  

I call "not it" on drascilla.  @Mrs. Hanson is a sped teacher so I think she would have the patience.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
30 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I could take all Angela's grandchildren, those babies are beautiful but I feel like they are doomed just being in Angela's presence.  

I call "not it" on drascilla.  @Mrs. Hanson is a sped teacher so I think she would have the patience.  

Full on honesty?  I will take all of Big Angie's grandkids but only if I don't have to deal with her.  Parents are the hardest part of my job - paperwork, behaviors......nothing on parents.  I do not need her popping in, or thinking she can pop in anytime to bellow, threaten and hit me.  And she stinks like cigarette smoke, too.

I want Taeyung too @blubld43.

Per Dracilla - I have a hunch once you get her currency, and she sees other kids modeling good behaviors, you just might be surprised.  You let her know you are in charge, not her.  It may take a while but she will come around.  I feel sad for kids whose parents won't say no - it is just so hard on them in so many ways.  My own kids are like, "Geez Mom never had any problem telling us no."

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 10
On 8/31/2019 at 12:14 PM, Tatortot said:

I would really like to send Darcy a copy of the book "He is just not into you".   I mean I am of old school but I would definitely expect after a 4yr friendship to at least have met the man,  and he would spend his money to come and see me.   I would definitely find it awkward if he tried sleeping with me right away or maybe even not the first visit.   Like I said I am old!

Also, I watched love after lockup last night and one of the couples went out for steak as soon as she picked up her soul mate from prison.   The whole time I was watching for them to cut it on a bias..........lol.    Too much reality tv?   You bet!

I think it would be super fun to have "pillowtalk" with Jesse wouldn't you?

We grill a lot of tri tip at Casa Persnickety during the summer months.

"CUT IT ON THE BIAS, CUT IT ON THE BIAS!!!" is our mantra whenever that bad boy is brought in, allowed to rest, and then ready to slice.  We then faux bemoan the lack of beef Rice-A-Roni as a side dish.  

"WHERE'S MY YELLOW BRICK ROAD???" (thanks to the Dreadful Penny on 600# Life) is another one we invoke when any little thing goes wrong.

There is no such thing as too much reality TV  😄   Some of the greatest quotes come from these imbeciles.  

37 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

That boy gives me palpitations.

That kid would be bouncing on my last nerve within about 90 seconds.  

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
On 7/17/2019 at 6:29 PM, charmed1 said:

No way is this real. This guy looks like he’s straight out of central casting. “Need early 40ish actor to play the part of a long distance lover to an aging nincompoop. Must have a convincing English accent.”

ROTFLMDAO!!!!  😆👏

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Daniel reminds me of Dill in To Kill a Mockingbird.  Think we have a Gem here and a Scout Finch.  He could be part of the family.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
19 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

We grill a lot of tri tip at Casa Persnickety during the summer months.

"CUT IT ON THE BIAS, CUT IT ON THE BIAS!!!" is our mantra whenever that bad boy is brought in, allowed to rest, and then ready to slice.  We then faux bemoan the lack of beef Rice-A-Roni as a side dish.  

"WHERE'S MY YELLOW BRICK ROAD???" (thanks to the Dreadful Penny on 600# Life) is another one we invoke when any little thing goes wrong.

There is no such thing as too much reality TV  😄   Some of the greatest quotes come from these imbeciles.  

That kid would be bouncing on my last nerve within about 90 seconds.  

This can be heard in the frankofoley house from time to time:  (thanks to Andreiii) Don’t terrorize me with your [select one] allergies/bad back/aching tooth/limp/etc., etc.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2

I went back and watched all of Darcey and The Meester's episodes again. Now that we've seen her with Tom, I feel like Jesse DID have her number and was right about a lot of things, but he's still one of the biggest assholes I've ever seen on "reality TV" so I can't justifiably give him any credit.

• LOL 2
  • Love 12

I always thought Jesse was a pompous creep who 100% called Darcy out for who she was....and I think Tom sees it all now, too.

l'll take little Dracilla, some structure, vaccines and a good check up, discipline and lots of love and attention and she will be just fine....but my caveat is I get to change that poor child's dreadful name....

• Love 6