Type keyword(s) to search

Darcey & Tom: No More Meester Rice Guy

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I could not watch them as they were on a constant loop of getting into a fight within 60 seconds of talking and it got old, fast.  But I do remember him calling her out on her drinking and he was right about that.

I was once told that alcoholism isn't about how much you drink, or when, it's what happens when you do drink. Darcy's drinking is causing her chronic relationship problems, between herself and her twin, both these "boyfriends", probably the daughters too.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
On 10/2/2019 at 3:03 PM, blubld43 said:

I was once told that alcoholism isn't about how much you drink, or when, it's what happens when you do drink. Darcy's drinking is causing her chronic relationship problems, between herself and her twin, both these "boyfriends", probably the daughters too.

That is a good point and I would add one has a problem with alcohol abuse if it is interfering with the law, your employment, your driving record, you are canceling plans to stay home and drink or you are hiding it in the house.  

But Darcy does not seem to have a job, except for finding foreigners to f**k the first time they meet in person

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 10/2/2019 at 8:37 AM, Mrs. Hanson said:

Probably because he was calling her out on her crap and they are all into enabling her and her bad decisions!!!

To be fair, I hated Jesse as well. He was right about some things, but I thought he was a major asshole. 

• Love 11
19 hours ago, mamadrama said:

To be fair, I hated Jesse as well. He was right about some things, but I thought he was a major asshole. 

I am with you 100%.  I was never the biggest Jesse fan but from what I saw of him - just a hothead.

• Love 5

Jesse didn’t have the personality to deal with Darcy. He allowed her to push his buttons. And then he retaliated in a really savage way. Tom keeps his cool for the most part. He’s not telling Darcy to “fix herself” as Jesse did. He just tells her that he’s uncomfortable with her actions and being around someone who acts that way is not something he’s wants to do. I don’t even think he’s mentioned her excessive drinking. 
Darcy refuses to take responsibility for her own actions. She is the one who pushed Tom to go to Albania instead of the vacation he had planned.Then when it goes south, she blames Stacey for lording her engagement over her. And then it’s Stacey who is responsible for her not getting engaged. She seems to just accept her and Stacey’s “tit for tat” (I love that visual!!) battles as just their twin dynamic, as if it’s normal behavior.

I would like to see her reaction to that drunken, weepy, slurry, performance from that dinner and how she tries to explain it. Needing Florian to get her staggering ass back to table, paper napkin stuck to her shoe, tits barely contained and centimeters from an all out nip slip. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
7 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I am with you 100%.  I was never the biggest Jesse fan but from what I saw of him - just a hothead.

That's a lesson my son learned last week-that someone can be talented/right/intelligent, etc but still be an asshole. He may have had Darcey's number, but dude had his own issues, too. 

• Love 6

I am one who has long felt that Darcy (and twin) are just looking to be on TV   $$ (or have a "following"). At this point though I have to say, I don't know how much Darcy is staging this to keep the "intrigue" or interest (As in there is no such thing as bad publicity?)  or how much she really is that messed up.

Probably 1/2 and 1/2?

• Love 11
27 minutes ago, mayvenne said:

I am one who has long felt that Darcy (and twin) are just looking to be on TV   $$ (or have a "following"). At this point though I have to say, I don't know how much Darcy is staging this to keep the "intrigue" or interest (As in there is no such thing as bad publicity?)  or how much she really is that messed up.

Probably 1/2 and 1/2?

I thought about this.  I don't think Darcy is a good enough actress for that meltdown that felt very real.  I think perhaps she doesn't particularly have any big feelings for Tom but wanted to be on TV again and get proposed to. 

She probably knew that going to Albania was going to result in some drama and so she did it to be on TV, but not that it would be as bad as it was.

I could buy Stacy doing all this just to be on TV.  She seems far more manipulative and in control.  

So yeah probably 1/2 and 1/2

• Love 7
6 hours ago, mayvenne said:

Probably 1/2 and 1/2?

5 hours ago, RealReality said:

I thought about this.  I don't think Darcy is a good enough actress for that meltdown that felt very real.  I think perhaps she doesn't particularly have any big feelings for Tom but wanted to be on TV again and get proposed to. 

She probably knew that going to Albania was going to result in some drama and so she did it to be on TV, but not that it would be as bad as it was.

I could buy Stacy doing all this just to be on TV.  She seems far more manipulative and in control.  

So yeah probably 1/2 and 1/2

I've seen both sizzle reels for their reality show concepts. Neither of these two is skilled enough to fake what we're seeing. There's a lot to suggest that the Silva Twins are 200lbs of authentic crazy. There's that drunken fight that got Darcey and Stacey arrested, both of their ex-husbands filed to divorce Darcey and Stacey on the same day, and that Darcey's ex-husband has primary custody of their girls. Like a judge said "He's a white guy in his 30s aspiring to be a rapper, but Darcey...you're you, which is a mess and a disaster. I'm awarding primary custody of the minors to the father."

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5

I don’t think Darcy really cared  for Jesse or cares for Tom. All they were to her is a means to an end, engagement and marriage. She probably  has a guy on the internet that she’s been talking to right along with Tom.  She’ll just turn up the communications with him and start hinting that they should meet in person. 

• Love 12
On 10/2/2019 at 4:03 PM, blubld43 said:

I think Darcy's drinking maybe a result of Stacy. I mean that girl really knows how to push Darcy's buttons.

On 10/5/2019 at 12:02 AM, iwasish said:

She is the one who pushed Tom to go to Albania instead of the vacation he had planned.Then when it goes south, she blames Stacey for lording her engagement over her. And then it’s Stacey who is responsible for her not getting engaged. She seems to just accept her and Stacey’s “tit for tat” (I love that visual!!) battles as just their twin dynamic, as if it’s normal behavior.

In my honest opinion, I don't think that the Grand Canary trip was going to be a reality.  I think the whole side trip was always going to be Albania. (Unless TLC would have ponied up the cash and TLC probably knows the molotov cocktail that is the Silva twins.)

• Love 7

Good lord -how long were they in Albania for? Darcey had enough luggage for a year!

I guess they had to take everything that Darcey brought with her to Albania since they were in one AirBnB in England and a different one when they returned from Albania. Still...

• Love 5

The last morning in Albania, Darcy and Stacey were totally channeling Madonna in Desperately Seeking Susan.

How can Darcy say she doesn’t want to be judged (by Toms sister) when she dragged him to Albania to be judged by Stacey? 

Edited by iwasish
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13

Darcey doesn't seem to find it a red flag that Tom had to rent a car and Air BnBs in London and Nottingham? I'll bet he lives with his sister and either doesn't have a car or it's a junker. Evidence has been posted that he fakes his lavish lifestyle. 

He's as fake as Darcey's hair/eyelashes/boobs/designer clothes

Edited by magemaud
  • LOL 2
  • Love 15

The twins and their 4" heels, their 10 pounds of make up, their pumped up lips, and their pumped up boobs.... How do they not fall on  their faces??!  These 2 are a mess. 

5 hours ago, iwasish said:

The last morning in Albania, Darcy and Stacey were totally channeling Madonna in Desperately Seeking Susan.

How can Darcy say she doesn’t want to be judged (by Toms sister) when she dragged him to Albania to be judged by Stacey? 

You are expecting something rational by this person? Not gonna happen.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
On 8/22/2019 at 4:25 PM, magemaud said:

Posting it again to remind everyone of Season 1 of "When Darcey Met Jesse." 

That's OK come I don't want to see it. eww

Darcy is spelled "desperation."

• Love 1
5 hours ago, magemaud said:

Darcey doesn't seem to find it a red flag that Tom had to rent a car and Air BnBs in London and Nottingham? I'll bet he lives with his sister and either doesn't have a car or it's a junker. Evidence has been posted that he fakes his lavish lifestyle. 

I dunno about the Air BnBs, I probably wouldn't want someone I just met in person knowing where I live either. Especially someone as obsessive as Darcey.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 16
14 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I dunno about the Air BnBs, I probably wouldn't want someone I just met in person knowing where I live either. Especially someone as obsessive as Darcey.

Not to mention a tv camera crew.

My original assessment of Tom still stands -- he's trolling the show. If that is what he's doing, then it's cruel to Darcey (unless she's in on the joke), but I can't help feeling he's doing it all with a wink and a nod to his buddies.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, magemaud said:

I think it came out that he lives with his parents.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

And Darcy’s first words about this Air BnB...   “It’s chilly” 

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, deedee2 said:

Not to mention a tv camera crew.

My original assessment of Tom still stands -- he's trolling the show. If that is what he's doing, then it's cruel to Darcey (unless she's in on the joke), but I can't help feeling he's doing it all with a wink and a nod to his buddies.

I  don’t care if he trolls her and I doubt she’s in on the joke, she isn’t that smart. 
i used to find her amusing but the last couple episodes I find her totally unlikable. She’s a sloppy drunk without a bit of insight into herself or concern for anyone else’s feelings or interests. She hasn’t even mentioned her daughters or considered how they will feel about her moving to England (not that it’s going to happen). Has she talked to Tom about his feelings about being a stepdad? Does he have room for them in his home? What about schools? 
Watching her audition for the role of Toms wife in front of his sister “He’s always been on my vision board!!” 

And what’s with those slippers she was wearing to walk the dog. She can’t even get her foot into them. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7

That is a high bar for fakery.

I dunno about the Air BnBs, I probably wouldn't want someone I just met in person knowing where I live either.

Yet at the same time, so much talk of marriage, love, etc...

And Darcy’s first words about this Air BnB...   “It’s chilly” 

I thought she squealed something about how nice it was or how much she loved it - before she even got in the door...

Hated Tom's sister. Thought she was a snotty, nosy bitch.

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Love 2
28 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I thought she squealed something about how nice it was or how much she loved it - before she even got in the door...

She did, and then as soon as the door opened she mentioned that it was chilly.

29 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I dislike her, too.  And I dislike Darcy's twin.   Maybe it's because the two  sisters remind me of each other.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, not you again said:

And more to the point, what's in them, extra hair?  She wore the same 2 outfits on repeat, it seemed like, at least for the cameras.  

That’s an old trick in documentaries. The cast members are made to wear the same outfits day after day, to facilitate editing to make it appear that events occurred close in time, when they could have been days apart. Darcy probably had other outfits that she wore when not being filmed.

• Useful 3

And more to the point, what's in them, extra hair?  She wore the same 2 outfits on repeat, it seemed like, at least for the cameras.  

But there's so little fabric to any of her clothes - she should be able to fit dozens of outfits in a single carryon!

• LOL 7
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

But there's so little fabric to any of her clothes - she should be able to fit dozens of outfits in a single carryon!

You're forgetting the copious amounts of lube needed to get her into her clothes.

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Twopper said:

She did, and then as soon as the door opened she mentioned that it was chilly.

I dislike her, too.  And I dislike Darcy's twin.   Maybe it's because the two  sisters remind me of each other.

You know... there is a resemblance!! LOL

2 hours ago, Gobi said:

That’s an old trick in documentaries. The cast members are made to wear the same outfits day after day, to facilitate editing to make it appear that events occurred close in time, when they could have been days apart. Darcy probably had other outfits that she wore when not being filmed.

Let’s not even suggest this is a documentary!! 

• LOL 2
3 hours ago, doyouevengohere said:

I think it came out that he lives with his parents.

I guess he's not taking Darcey home to meet Mum or more likely his parents wanted no part of the filming. 

13 hours ago, iwasish said:

Darcey's starring in "Desperately Seeking Proposal." 

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

She squealed "I love it, it's cottage-y" making up another new word like "debonairness" 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

That is a high bar for fakery.

Yet at the same time, so much talk of marriage, love, etc...

Yes, I believe she said it was "amazing" and "beautiful". You know, her intelligent, insightful assessment of EVERYTHING she sees.

2 hours ago, not you again said:

Booze.

Darcy is never, ever going to let go of the Trip That Might Have Been. She'll spend her whole life sighing over the missed opportunity of the Gran Canaria vacation, where she would have surely landed her man. And blaming Stacey for it. This girl is a mess.

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, magemaud said:

She squealed "I love it, it's cottage-y" making up another new word like "debonairness" 

Her expression said, a la Bette Davis “What a dump” 

She’s dying to see his real house, she wants to live in a mansion/castle.  

• LOL 5
54 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Darcy is never, ever going to let go of the Trip That Might Have Been. She'll spend her whole life sighing over the missed opportunity of the Gran Canaria vacation, where she would have surely landed her man. And blaming Stacey for it. This girl is a mess.

And if he changed his mind based on where they went, he's not worth marrying.

Of course, I believe he changed his mind after seeing how she acted with her sister, assuming he was at all serious about proposing at all.

• Love 5
13 hours ago, magemaud said:

The Airbnb may be a pink flag for me. However, I wouldn't be comfortable having some person I've never met stay with me, no matter how well we got along online. At least not for a few days. Most European cars are small and Tom may have thought it was better to rent a larger vehicle or even an SUV to accommodate Darcey and her baggage.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 10/6/2019 at 3:45 PM, HunterHunted said:

I've seen both sizzle reels for their reality show concepts. Neither of these two is skilled enough to fake what we're seeing. There's a lot to suggest that the Silva Twins are 200lbs of authentic crazy. There's that drunken fight that got Darcey and Stacey arrested, both of their ex-husbands filed to divorce Darcey and Stacey on the same day, and that Darcey's ex-husband has primary custody of their girls. Like a judge said "He's a white guy in his 30s aspiring to be a rapper, but Darcey...you're you, which is a mess and a disaster. I'm awarding primary custody of the minors to the father."

If there's some trolling going on then I def don't think Darce is in on it. Tom, though? Could be.

1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

The Airbnb may be a pink flag for me. However, I wouldn't be comfortable having some person I've never met stay with me, no matter how well we got along online. At least not for a few days. Most European cars are small and Tom may have thought it was better to rent a larger vehicle or even an SUV to accommodate Darcey and her baggage.

Also, he was previously in London and was planning on being in the Canary Islands for a week. He may nog have wanted to pay to park his car for that long

• Love 2

Tom is actually pretty smart, not taking his conquests to his house right away. It helps keep them compartmentalized into the dating part of his life and not infiltrate other parts of his life until he's ready to have them infiltrate (like inviting Darcey to meet his sister over dinner). Or maybe it's as simple as he just didn't want to have his house filmed? 

Every time Darcey talks I think of my late father, who would have commented over and over while watching her, "Does she ever go to a museum or read a book??!?" I loved watching "stupid reality TV" with him. He would have tired quickly of her vapid chatter. 

• Love 15
1 hour ago, GoGamecox said:

Every time Darcey talks I think of my late father, who would have commented over and over while watching her ...

Now you've got me thinking of my late father, who always had something hilarious to say about people on tv. I imagine he'd make the same comment about Darcey that he made about Robin McGraw (Dr. Phil's wife). He said she was like a toy poodle who had to take 3 steps for every one step Dr. Phil took.

My Daddy could be cruel, but he always made me LOL 😂

• LOL 8
1 hour ago, GoGamecox said:

Tom is actually pretty smart, not taking his conquests to his house right away. It helps keep them compartmentalized into the dating part of his life and not infiltrate other parts of his life until he's ready to have them infiltrate (like inviting Darcey to meet his sister over dinner). Or maybe it's as simple as he just didn't want to have his house filmed? 

Every time Darcey talks I think of my late father, who would have commented over and over while watching her, "Does she ever go to a museum or read a book??!?" I loved watching "stupid reality TV" with him. He would have tired quickly of her vapid chatter. 

It's like she's living in a fairy tale, nothing is ever allowed to cloud her vision of the ultimate moment when Prince Charming swoops in.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Correct me if I am wrong but all Darcey and Tom seem to do is go to bars and drink. What about the London Eye? The Tate? The Tower? I agree it is strange Darcey never mentioned her kids, wasn't she all over Jesse about being a stepdad from day one?

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
32 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Correct me if I am wrong but all Darcey and Tom seem to do is go to bars and drink. What about the London Eye? The Tate? The Tower? I agree it is strange Darcey never mentioned her kids, wasn't she all over Jesse about being a stepdad from day one?

He hasn't mentioned his daughter, either. 

I wonder if they're doing those things but not filming them because it's too hard to get permission from everyone. They either have to blur out faces or have everyone sign forms. My boyfriend and I wound up on Bourbon Street when they were filming Real Word: New Orleans in 2000. We were just filing in behind them, but 3 poor little production assistants were scurrying around like mice, trying to get everyone who might be in the shots forms to sign. I think that's why these reality shows do so many scenes in restaurants-it's a contained area in which they can control light, sound, and crowd. And it makes them talk. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, magemaud said:

Darcy’s braid is giving me flashbacks to the rope we were supposed to climb in gym class 

My DIL used to have a Rapunzel costume (adult sized) and it featured a 6 ft rope of blond hair as thick as my upper arm - designed intentionally as sort of overkill to enhance the point.  I cannot see Darcy’s hair in a braid without seeing that ridiculous costume.

• LOL 8
4 hours ago, Happyfatchick said:

My DIL used to have a Rapunzel costume (adult sized) and it featured a 6 ft rope of blond hair as thick as my upper arm - designed intentionally as sort of overkill to enhance the point.  I cannot see Darcy’s hair in a braid without seeing that ridiculous costume.

I know what Darcey's going to be for Halloween! image.png.c92b989301664d8b8b8c9515ac89dabf.png

Edited by magemaud
found a more Darcey-like version
  • LOL 10
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Correct me if I am wrong but all Darcey and Tom seem to do is go to bars and drink. What about the London Eye? The Tate? The Tower?

They went on river cruise on the Thames, and some window shopping (where Darcy hinted about rings), and maybe some other thing from the early episodes I forget.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I wonder if they're doing those things but not filming them because it's too hard to get permission from everyone. They either have to blur out faces or have everyone sign forms. 

It's possible to have a private car on the London Eye, so for a few dollars (or maybe even free advertising), they would have been able to avoid the "sign these releases" or blurring issues.  They've filmed there several times for shows like "The Amazing Race," and they seem to like the publicity.  

9 hours ago, magemaud said:

I know what Darcey's going to be for Halloween! image.png.c92b989301664d8b8b8c9515ac89dabf.png

Does this come in black leather, two sizes too small?  If so, Darcy is gonna snap it up!!!

• LOL 13
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

It's possible to have a private car on the London Eye, so for a few dollars (or maybe even free advertising), they would have been able to avoid the "sign these releases" or blurring issues.  They've filmed there several times for shows like "The Amazing Race," and they seem to like the publicity.  

Does this come in black leather, two sizes too small?  If so, Darcy is gonna snap it up!!!

Just throwing an idea out there. I have no idea why they're not doing more touristy things.

Apparently when they were filming Antonio and Courtney they even followed them to his family's home where his parents threw a big bbq dinner for them. None of that made it onto the show. 

Edited by mamadrama
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, magemaud said:

This is how Darcy looks on a regular day.  Well, maybe this is a little too conservative for her taste, but you get the idea. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 1