Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E10: Week 10

• Start Topic

It was interesting that even with Jed expressing his love on the date, and even though she has reciprocated before with her own version of the words, she did not say anything like that on this date (or at least she wasn't shown saying it).  She still looked crazy about him though, and she did reciprocate some of his comments that didn't involve the L word.  However, I didn't hear her reciprocate any of Peter's compliments or lovey-dovey observations, and he had lots of them.

And I've now seen three different theories on why Hannah was crying after Tyler's date:

• She was kicking herself for having missed out on the chance for sex, as expressed above (sorry, I don't remember who said it)
  • Tears of sadness because he's a great guy and she will miss him until she sees him next
  • Realization that he's the next one that she will be saying goodbye to at the rose ceremony

I'm not sure which of the 3 it is.

4 hours ago, TomGirl said:

There is one part in there by Luke that says it all:: "....but the greatest gift I have received is a compassion for those who love the world and it's ways".  That is one of the most pompous, condescending, holier-than-thou things that I have ever read to come out of anyone's mouth, and especially someone with as little life experience as he has.

3 hours ago, JenE4 said:

I fell asleep last night and just watched the Luke segment this morning. The best part was when he was standing by the car and held a fist up by his heart and summoned the power of Shower Jesus to do his biding—suddenly a downpour comes. Finish her [hair and makeup]! But then the winds pick up and it’s Windmill Jesus here to save the day and blow him into the car!

I literally LOL'd with this!  Plus I want to give mad props to whichever of you first came up with Windmill Jesus and Shower Jesus...it's funny, but it genuinely does get at the two different versions of Jesus/Christianity that Luke and Hannah subscribe to.

• Love 5
34 minutes ago, Dejana said:

Sean Lowe was on Emily Maynard's season. When she was a Bachelor contestant, she was shown declining the fantasy suites with Brad, saying she was a mother and wanted to set a good example for her child. On her own season as Bachelorette, she was shown not having any overnight dates (it was later revealed that she did have fantasy suites off-camera with her final three, though Sean's didn't involve sex). As far as Sean knew, Emily wasn't sleeping with the other guys or expecting it from him during the season, so there weren't any great clashes between them about sex. He never would have been picked as Bachelor if he'd spent his season as a contestant judging the lead for her sexual behavior, offering his forgiveness for it and constantly getting into fights with the other guys.

The circumstances for Luke vs Sean are very different. Luke could have been firm in his beliefs without being so territorial and demanding. It's obviously never going to happen but I wonder how Luke would be as Bachelor? Would he come off better since the show would revolve around him and he'd be in a position to set the rules? Would he have his pick of virgins yet be more drawn to a "fallen woman" he felt like he could try to "save"? 

Didn’t watch Emily’s season but that’s pretty cool that she did that. Obviously the show has changed since then and they just want young, impressionable people who will do whatever ratings demand. Ah, to simpler times. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, bosawks said:

I'm actually not being snide or obnoxious, I really have no idea what being the "Spiritual Leader" of a family entails.

Is that really a thing?

Great question.  And as a Christian myself (or maybe I should say small-c christian, since there can be a world of difference between the two, but that's for another time), I wasn't sure of the answer.  So from doing a quick search, I found some good info at https://www.gotquestions.org/spiritual-leader.html.  It says, and this is where it is key as far as Luke is concerned, "The biblical spiritual leader understands that his/her leadership is one of servanthood. The spiritual leader leads by example, as Jesus did, who said He came to serve others, not to be served by them (Matthew 20:25–28)." 

Another website at https://www.allaboutgod.com/spiritual-leadership.htm said, "Spiritual leadership is the opposite of what most people think. Spiritual leadership is servant leadership...Spiritual leadership insists on humility. Humility is the attitude that puts others ahead of you, that considers others more important than yourself...Spiritual leadership also requires integrity....spiritual leadership demands honesty."  

I suspect that both Hannah and Luke meant that they are the leader of religion-ness in their households, rather than really being gen-u-ine Spiritual Leaders in the true sense of the word (at least I hope that's what they meant!).

• Useful 7
  • Love 4
(edited)
43 minutes ago, bobbyjoe said:

Again, baloney, Luke.

If this was Luke's goal, pretty much the last place you'd go to do that would be a television reality show with the reputation of this franchise.

Having beliefs against pre-marital sex is, indeed, fine, it's just from the evidence that I don't believe that's really what Luke actually cares about.  If it were, he sure as heck would have talked about this much more specifically with Hannah long before the end of the season and the Fantasy Suite episode.  And she could have said much earlier "okay we disagree, have a good life, somebody else is getting the rose." 

But that's not what he did.  Luke waited until the very last minute-- after making himself the center of all the drama this season by acting like a total creep to the other bachelors (to the point where he didn't have a single other guy on his side from what I saw; again, Luke's supposed Christian beliefs sure don't extend into "loving thy neighbor" and "not bearing false witness") and by taking somebody else's spot have the show pay for trips to all these exotic places.  If he'd had this same talk with Hannah early on, he could have merrily gone back to Georgia and found himself a like-minded love interest from all sorts of places.  But he didn't do that at all.

And this is one reason why it's really about both control and selfishness, not some profound sense of morals.  And why Hannah is right to be furious.  He acts like he wants Hannah to respect him by staying chaste for him, but he sure didn't respect her to talk with her seriously about it the many times he could have in the past.  For somebody who really did strongly feel the way Luke says he does, that particular strong belief should have come up a wee bit sooner than way after you've led somebody on for a long time and allowed the producers to pay for plenty of free vacations for you, no?

The one thing about Luke that's been consistent the whole season is that he's a lying hypocrite, who acted holier-than-thou when he was around Hannah and like a total jerk when he wasn't.  It's no different here.  I don't believe him at all that the pre-marital sex thing really matters that much-- it's just always making yourself the center of everything, the one in the driver's seat.  And that's selfishness, not faith.

Damn I was planning to try to make a post exactly like this but you nailed it! Having those beliefs is fine if you want, but on a show like this, to try to lord them over someone in a blatantly creepy hypocritical control-hungry way is so wrong, ESPECIALLY after spending the entire season being a borderline psychopath.

Edited by huskerj12
  • Love 15

The People article quotes Luke as saying, "I’ve heard people proclaim their faith, but yet they’ve said things like, 'I’m excited for Fantasy Suites, I want to explore this relationship on a sexually intimate level and that’s what I’m looking forward to.'"

I heard that, too, and thought, "Whaaaaaat?"  I don't remember that many leads on the show proclaiming their faith, and don't remember a single one saying he or she was looking forward to having sex in the fantasy suite, never mind more than one (as his use of the word "people" would imply).  Who was he referring to?

• Love 9
(edited)

On this show alone, without knowing about Jed's ex girlfriend drama in the media, he is actually quite good for Hannah. Because he is not afraid to call her out in a tactful yet direct way. And she respects him enough to listen to him and try to understand his POV. She has not been as accepting when other men said it. Jed knows how to handle her, especially when she was being "mad" (she uses this word more than people I know in real life). He could calm her down and deescalated her "madness".

Tyler is pretty good with her too. He tries to help her not to stress all the time. It is no big deal to most people if the person they are dating told them they are not quite ready for sex yet. But she acted like it was going to be a big deal and was prepared for an argument with him. What kind of men was she dating geez.

Edited by waving feather
  • Love 9

Well, given that I think all of this is fake , producer manipulated bull shit, I would have played the Jed thing differently.  

Honestly, I was waiting for her to explode on him, when he brought up Luke on their date.   Is this not what their problem was with Luke?  Stop talking about the other guys when you are on a date! 

I was disappointed that she tried to answer him and explain things to him.  Not that I was actually listening, but it was not the reaction I was expecting.  

They sure do love Hannah's butt, don't they?  Every shot seemed to have a different angle of it.  

I know it's fake and I know they want drama, but I really wish they hadn't let Luke back in to talk with her.  To me, that is too much of a set up and that could have been controlled and stopped.  Like I said, I know they want the drama, but enough of Luke.   

He says he would want to leave if she had sex with any of the other guys and she says she did, so why the big scene?  Ok -- she did, so good bye. But he's allowed to back pedal and she carries on about whatever she carries on about.  Ugh.  Enough already.  

• Love 2

Peter said "we came together like so much", Get it gurl!

Tyler is a lot more mature than 25 and deserves someone that is as well (ie not Hannah)

Jed's love pronouncements were unsurprisingly as heartless as his music.

Luke is so insecure.

Hannah learned that the dark side of "love at first sight" is "my dysfunction fits perfectly into your dysfunction".

Yay for all the Greek cats!!

• Love 11
43 minutes ago, Dejana said:

Sean Lowe was on Emily Maynard's season. When she was a Bachelor contestant, she was shown declining the fantasy suites with Brad, saying she was a mother and wanted to set a good example for her child. On her own season as Bachelorette, she was shown not having any overnight dates (it was later revealed that she did have fantasy suites off-camera with her final three, though Sean's didn't involve sex). 

7 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

Didn’t watch Emily’s season but that’s pretty cool that she did that. 

I tried to Like Emily, but she came across as fake a lot of the time.  And portraying one thing publicly, going so far as to actually mention the role-model thing, but then doing the exact opposite out of the sight of the camera, is fakety-fake-fake.

• Love 18
32 minutes ago, LuvMyShows said:

There is one part in there by Luke that says it all:: "....but the greatest gift I have received is a compassion for those who love the world and it's ways".  That is one of the most pompous, condescending, holier-than-thou things that I have ever read to come out of anyone's mouth, and especially someone with as little life experience as he has.

You know he memorized a whole list of wise, sage and pious statements to throw out at just the right moments.  Like whenever his tongue wasn't down Hannah's throat. 

These would make him sound wise....um, uh...and sage....and pious and godly and all those husband-like things.  Because Jesus!

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
(edited)
22 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

Didn’t watch Emily’s season but that’s pretty cool that she did that. Obviously the show has changed since then and they just want young, impressionable people who will do whatever ratings demand. Ah, to simpler times. 

Emily had to tread VERY carefully, as the grandparents of her daughter had, and still have a lot of clout, and she couldn't do anything that would reflect negatively on the family.  Girl kept her legs clamped TIGHT. 

She will always be my fave Bachelorette.  A veritable iron fist in a velvet glove.  Her smackdown of Kalon will always be top-10 epic.  

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

The town where they stayed in Crete was Elounda. Airbnb had a listing for a converted windmill that was much larger.

Wow, that huge windmill property is only $158/night. The little tiny place Peter was gifted must have been a whopping $50/night. The boat, maybe $35/night. Luke didn't get a FS. Fleiss really saved $ by sending the gang to Crete. Guess he's had to pay for that divorce and all.

• LOL 7
  • Love 3

Tyler was tweeting about Megan Rapanoe last evening, calling her a hero. The context of that tweet is not what this post is about. Of course, he had negative and positive replies, and he answered by saying all the negative replies were probably from old men and women. Oh Tyler, that made my love for you go down a notch. Don't insult us old folks who support this ridiculous show that will probably be giving you the opportunity to become a star!! Again, my beef is about the "old men and women" part of his tweet.

• Love 9

I don't think his old men and women comment had zilch to do with who watches this ridiculous show. He was simply saying, albeit awkwardly, that these kind of social debates, which is largely what the Rapinoe drama comes down to, tends to be a generational thing.

Do  I think he's right, no. Because I think there are many people from older generations who have evolved in their thinking and there are just as many ignorant, small minded young people. So I do think he was being a bit too narrow in his judgment but I certainly don't think it has anything to do with shading the people who watch this show. 

• Love 3
Just now, truthaboutluv said:

I don't think his old men and women comment had zilch to do with who watches this ridiculous show. He was simply saying, albeit awkwardly, that these kind of social debates, which is largely what the Rapinoe drama comes down to, tends to be a generational thing.

Do  I think he's right, no. Because I think there are many people from older generations who have evolved in their thinking and there are just as many ignorant, small minded young people. So I do think he was being a bit too narrow in his judgment but I certainly don't think it has anything to do with shading the people who watch this show. 

I don’t either. I absolutely do not think that is what he set out to do. But he inadvertently did any way. 

• Love 5
(edited)
19 hours ago, Andromeda said:

I lol'd so hard at Luke not wanting to get his ass up out of that chair.

I was so wanting him to say, "No, I'm going to just sit here a while. You can leave Hannah. Waiter ... can I get another shrimp cocktail and a beer, please?" THAT would have been a Golden Moment.

14 hours ago, DEL901 said:

Life with Luke would be miserable as he kept pointing out your every “slip up” which were, of course, defined by him.   

This sentence would work even better if you replaced "Luke" with "Hannah," and "he/him" with "she/her."

13 hours ago, JenE4 said:

The best part was when he was standing by the car and held a fist up by his heart and summoned the power of Shower Jesus to do his biding—suddenly a downpour comes. Finish her [hair and makeup]! But then the winds pick up and it’s Windmill Jesus here to save the day and blow him into the car! 

So FUNNY! Another example of why @JenE4 is the best.

12 hours ago, nutty1 said:

I wish I could give this 100 likes!

I wish I could give @JudyObscure a zillion likes.

11 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

When she had to stand there shivering in the rain and he refused to get in the car, I was pissed.

Why get mad at all? Hannah was the one who insisted she "walk Luke out." She could have left at any time, or just left period and made Luke find his own way out.

10 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

She knew he was a Southern Baptist.  If  she  belonged to a much more liberal Christian church like the Episcopal Church they would have both known they weren't on the same page from the first. 

Being Episcopalian bred, born and raised, I found this pretty funny. Still, I never met Windmill Jesus in all my years in that church, so Hannah's Windmill Jesus has to be some other religion altogether. Maybe he's in The Windmills Of Her Mind.

9 hours ago, b2H said:

Now, I'm fine with the concept of, once the engagement takes place, all outside physical contact should stop.  But this is a dating 'game' where nothing is off the table.  If Luke thought he could re-write 15 years of rules, he was sadly mistaken. 

As you write, this is a DATING game. Not a fuck-every-guy-you-see game. Or at least it used to be, until Hannah showed up. I've dated a zillion guys IRL and didn't eff any of them. And Jesus had nothing to do with my decisions to "abstain." It was all me, I tell you, all ME. My choice. Mine.

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 6
7 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

I was so wanting him to say, "No, I'm going to just sit here a while. You can leave Hannah. Waiter ... can I get another shrimp cocktail and a beer, please?" THAT would have been a Golden Moment.

This sentence would work even better if you replaced "Luke" and "Hannah," and "he/him" with "she/her."

So FUNNY! Another example of why @JenE4 is the best.

I wish I could give @JudyObscure a zillion likes.

Why get mad at all? Hannah was the one who insisted she "walk Luke out." She could have left at any time, or just left period and made Luke find his own way out.

Being Episcopalian bred, born and raised, I found this pretty funny. Still, I never met Windmill Jesus in all my years in that church, so Hannah's Windmill Jesus has to be some other religion altogether. Maybe he's in The Windmills Of Her Mind.

As you write, this is a DATING game. Not a fuck-every-guy-you-see game. Or at least it used to be, until Hannah showed up. I've dated a zillion guys IRL and didn't eff any of them. And Jesus had nothing to do with my decisions to "abstain." It was all me, I tell you, all ME. My choice. Mine.

I think she just used Peter for sex, and if the situation was reversed there would be more critisicm. I hate how she led him on, and a shame because hes the nicest and i loved his familay. cant beleieve hannah didnt have more to say to jed about his family and how they greeted her.

• Love 6
37 minutes ago, nutty1 said:

I don’t either. I absolutely do not think that is what he set out to do. But he inadvertently did any way. 

This is the problem with social media that people still don’t grasp. Yes, these platforms give basically everyone easy access to a platform to share their opinions. The flip side is there’s very little editing before stuff just goes out to the world. If you think about op-ed pieces in newspapers or magazines from years ago, someone would write something, make corrections, think on it, review it, change it, then send it to at least one editor to read and look at things from a different perspective. Now thoughts go from our brains to indelible messages to the world with no intermediaries. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, nutty1 said:

Tyler was tweeting about Megan Rapanoe last evening, calling her a hero. 

Just when I thought I couldn’t love him more!

I’m old, but I’m not too bothered by his old men and women comment.  Some people are old no matter their age.

• Useful 1
  • Love 19
5 hours ago, bosawks said:

Exactly what show did Luke think he was signing up for.

He thought he was signing up for the show where the brave Christian superhero rescues the damsel from the depravity of reality TV and they live happily ever after in Christ our lord, Amen.

• LOL 9
  • Love 6
(edited)

I have no doubt Tyler will accept if they offer him the lead next season.  He's got GREAT lines down pat, and knows how to put folks at ease.  It's a talent.   His laid-back style will work fine. 

I find him pleasant to look at, but not my type at all.   I'll probably bypass most of the season. 

I wonder if he realizes that the "old" folks he's referring to were the ones at Woodstock and all the 60's & 70's protest marches, love-Ins, communes, etc.   Yeah, that's right, kid. 

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 7
6 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

He thought he was signing up for the show where the brave Christian superhero rescues the damsel from the depravity of reality TV and they live happily ever after in Christ our lord, Amen.

So, Flavor of Love.....

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

Here's a thought I had about Luke.  

On his hometown date, he went to his worship class (or whatever it was called)  and he said he had lived a life where he participated in sex and "sins of all kinds"   and then he met Shower Jesus.   SOMETHING happened.  We've all seen he has a temper, he gets irrational, he twists reality to fit his narrative, he refuses to consider points of view other than his own.  From the Lacrosse game, the ranting at other guys, the attitude that Hannah was HIS future wife, that the other guys were trying to besmirch by their actions with her - all lead up to a guy who has anger problems.   "sins of all kinds"  could refer to something that he did in the past, not just having sex, but some action that crossed a line, and he came to a realization that he was damn lucky to have escaped any serious consequence.  Or something he felt so guilty about that it made him turn his life to another direction.  

His whole life now is being defined by that moment.  he did something, he feels guilty, he is seeking redemption.   He's narcissistic enough to think that he must seek redemption in a public forum like a tv show.  If he can be the solid responsible  heterosexual male who wins the hand of the pretty girl, he will have achieved redemption for everyone to see. That was his plan, and he cannot STAND that Hannah is letting the other guys get in the way of his plan. 

• Useful 8
  • Love 12
9 minutes ago, leighdear said:

I have no doubt Tyler will accept if they offer him the lead next season.  He's got GREAT lines down pat, and knows how to put folks at ease.  It's a talent.   His laid-back style will work fine. 

I find him pleasant to look at, but not my type at all.   I'll probably bypass most of the season. 

I wonder if he realizes that the "old" folks he's referring to were the ones at Woodstock and all the 60's & 70's protest marches, love-Ins, communes, etc.   Yeah, that's right, kid. 

But doesn’t this show want a good-looking awkward guy? They want “drama” so they don’t want a guy who’s smooth and will handle things. They’d prefer some weak-willed beta dude who will let the women turn things into a shitshow. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

But doesn’t this show want a good-looking awkward guy? They want “drama” so they don’t want a guy who’s smooth and will handle things. They’d prefer some weak-willed beta dude who will let the women turn things into a shitshow. 

I think they want a confident lead and cast the women for drama. 

• Love 3

I haven't read anything from what you write in these forums regarding this season, I just want to say that there is nothing or nobody that can convince me that Luke P. is NOT an actor that the producers threw in there and that Hannah is NOT informed about it and playing along with it. I have never been so sure about someone in the bachelor being an actor or an actress before. And he is a bad actor as well.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

I actually think Tyler is exactly the kind of guy who would kick back on a lounge chair and watch all the frantic girls cat-fight over him in a cage match to the death... with a little smirk on his face, enjoying every second!  

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
21 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

They’d prefer some weak-willed beta dude who will let the women turn things into a shitshow.

I think you meant to say, "They'd prefer some weak-willed beta dude who will let TPTB turn things into a shitshow."

You're welcome.

11 minutes ago, himela said:

I just want to say that there is nothing or nobody that can convince me that Luke P. is NOT an actor that the producers threw in there and that Hannah is NOT informed about it and playing along with it.

While I don't think Luke is a paid actor, I do believe he is following the script given to him by TPTB, and Hannah is being led by the nose by the same manipulators. All to create drama and water-cooler -- and online -- talk. It works every season.

• Love 9
(edited)
6 hours ago, nutty1 said:

My thought is Hannah and Luke deserve each other. I cannot stand either of them.

AMEN! And if Jed had kept his big trap shut, this may have ended up happening. I feel that he planted a lot of doubt and played Hannah like a gee-tar.

Edited by lizajane
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, lizajane said:

And if Jed had kept his big trap shut, this may have ended up happening. I feel that he planted a lot of doubt and played Hannah like a gee-tar.

I just dropped into the series for this episode and I was SURE she was going to send Jed home for being a busy body. Tells you how much I can "sense." But man, when Luke REFUSED to get out of the dang chair, and then REFUSED to get in the dang car--  those are big fat red warning flags. 

• Love 6

I guess I'm the only person in the world who doesn't find Tyler even the LEAST BIT attractive. Ugh. No way. Never. Not interested. Not good looking. Do not like him AT ALL. Nothing about him. End of my Tyler story.

LOL! I think he has a weird-looking triangle head. So not my kind of guy.

Are you sure you didn't mean JED with the triangle head?

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

That People article/IG post from Luke:

It hurt my heart that @alabamahannah felt I was shaming her,... In our conversation my heart was never to judge or condemn Hannah...

You know what then? DON'T USE condemning language, Luke. 

(I don't believe him but that's a different issue.)

I have seriously had it with people saying hurtful/mean/rude/condemning things and then claiming that wasn't their intent. (This issue for me goes beyond the show which is why i'm more irritated right now than I'd like to be.) Yes, sometimes miscommunications happen, but don't we all have the responsibility to choose our words carefully and with thought?   

• Love 11
1 hour ago, leighdear said:

I actually think Tyler is exactly the kind of guy who would kick back on a lounge chair and watch all the frantic girls cat-fight over him in a cage match to the death... with a little smirk on his face, enjoying every second!  

And I"m just the kind of gal that would enjoy watching that. 

But I hope he doesn't turn out to be an asshole. 

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, Bobcatkitten said:

I get Tyler can not be your type but I don't understand anyone who can't objectively admit he's attractive. 

to me he's attractive like most of the interchangeable guys on this thing. I honestly think they all look alike, except for the occasional black guy. He doesn't stand out to me as particularly attractive.

• Love 5

To me, Tyler is the definition of a "catch," the kind of guy this show should be casting as its lead. He is gorgeous and has proven to have a lot of class and dignity.  And, compared to some of the oafs who have backed into the lead (Ben F, Colton, Arie) he should have been given an offer already. Even if he is the F1 he should get the offer, because who wouldn't want a legitimate out from a relationship with Hannah at this point?

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
20 hours ago, nittanycougar said:

It is sad hearing Luke say that Hannah is his future wife.  He has Hannah on a pedestal because she goes to church.  I know he's a controlling jerk, but he clearly bought into the God talk and thought she was on the same page.

No, he bought into the "man is the spiritual leader of his household and will judge and control all within". That has nothing to do with actual "God" talk. 

• Love 12
(edited)

So after making an Instagram post to insist that his intention was not to shame Hannah, Luke proceeded to create a Twitter account last night, just to tweet at Hannah how the difference between the two of them is how they react to their "sins". That yes God does love and forgive sinners but he Luke, cries about his sins while she laughs. Thus proving what an awful, evil Christian she is.

He didn't add that last part but it was obvious it was what he meant and naturally this started a back and forth between them, ending with his telling her she knew how to reach him if she wanted to continue the conversation.

Honestly, the creating a Twitter account just to make those tweets creeped me out enough. If Luke is playing a character, I guess he's committing to it. At least until the season ends I guess. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 10

And after the back and forth with Luke started, Tyler tweeted in support of Hannah. He’s the only guy on the show that I follow, so I don’t know if anyone else did. 

Anyway, I just saw this article, in which Hannah says she misjudged Tyler. 

Though Hannah was always open to love with Tyler, she initially thought their connection was purely physical. 

“I think for a long time with Tyler, I had thought it was just physical. I put him in a box and was scared of him and thought it was just going to be physical with him, and then really as we started having more one-on-ones together and time, I started realizing it more scared me a lot because I thought he was a f**kboy. I did,” she shared with Entertainment Tonight.

"And then it's like, 'Oh wait, maybe he's not. Maybe he's not!' And then after our fantasy suite, I was like, 'I cannot let this guy go.’ And it just killed me that I felt that. I put up walls for so long."

Not only did she put Tyler in a box, she didn’t understand he had so many layers to his personality.

https://www.tvinsider.com/794489/hannah-tyler-bachelorette-2019-fantasy-suite/

It’s interesting to me that she felt that way. He couldn’t have been sweeter when they had their first date in the middle of all the Luke P./Luke S. drama. The way he focused on her and tried to get her mind off of it reminded me so much of Ashley’s date with JP after all the Bentley drama. Maybe that’s why Tyler’s my favorite bachelor since JP.

• Love 8
(edited)
58 minutes ago, ohcomeon said:

No, he bought into the "man is the spiritual leader of his household and will judge and control all within". That has nothing to do with actual "God" talk. 

Their main connection was religion, and he thought they shared religious values.  Therefore, he thought because his religion teaches faith to one partner, Hannah was on the same page. Hannah lit up talking about their shared testimony and faith a few episodes ago.  That was definitely God talk.   I think Luke had some reason for believing they had similar values. I don't care at all for the guy, but I believe he thought they had the same values about sex.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 7