Type keyword(s) to search

Former Hosts: PROFESSIONAL Life After The View

Jaded
  • Start Topic

8 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I'm so happy for Nicolle's continued success on MSNBC.  She subbed for Brian Williams again last week. 

And tonight, with a huge story to cover.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, bannana said:

And tonight, with a huge story to cover.

I saw that!  I *think* the hosts have some say in who fills in for them, so Brian Williams must think well of her.  She's really become a break out star on MSNBC.

• Love 6
On April 10, 2018 at 5:00 AM, Haleth said:

She has such an easy way of moderating the discussion.  You can tell all the guests really like her and enjoy being on her show.

I DVR/ watch too many news shows and think it's affecting my sanity so I notice i zoom through deleating  without watching most , I always watch Nicole. 

• Love 6

I never like Sherri on The View. But she is good I comedy roles. I caught an episode of "man with a plan", a show with Matt LeBlanc. Sherri and Tim Meadows played a neighbor couple. She was ok in it. She seems to play similar roles in sitcoms - the flaky, clueless neighbor or secretary.  

Edited by backformore
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, backformore said:

I never like Sherri on The View. But she is good I comedy roles. I caught an episode of "man with a plan", a show with Matt LeBlanc. Sherri and Tim Meadows played a neighbor couple. She was ok in it. She seems to play similar roles in sitcoms - the flaky, clueless neighbor or secretary.  

Sherri guested on Friends and was in a scene with coincidentally Matt LeBlanc and she actually made me laugh.

Sherri does well when she is playing a role.  It's when she is herself I find her bothersome. 

• Love 11
On 4/19/2018 at 5:51 PM, blondiec0332 said:

Sherri guested on Friends and was in a scene with coincidentally Matt LeBlanc and she actually made me laugh.

Sherri does well when she is playing a role.  It's when she is herself I find her bothersome. 

That's one of my favorite scenes. "I gave you my Snack Pack!"  There's a security woman at my local arena that reminds me of Rhonda, except her blazer is gray. 

• Love 3

Thanks @MelP for the video.  Her comment that she had just 'signed on' a week or so before being let go, says there was no contract.  Hmmm so why is MM still there?  Does she have a contract?   Maybe since her dad is circling the drain production sees that as viewer interest?  She is creating a lot of buzz on SM so they may have a ratings boost because of this.  Or could it be they want Ana and won't fire her until Ana has sorted out a contract with them?  I am going with ratings is why she remains to irritate us all.   

Barbara Walters is 88 so I expect the news of her death soon. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Wings said:

Barbara Walters is 88 so I expect the news of her death soon. 

The fact Barbara was such a social butterfly us not hearing anything about her in ages does make me think she is in failing health. 

Edited by blondiec0332
  • Love 3
On 4/21/2018 at 1:57 PM, blondiec0332 said:

The fact Barbara was such a social butterfly us not hearing anything about her in ages does make me think she is in failing health. 

After she left the show she said she was not going to do any engagements.  I think vanity drove her to be reclusive; that has been the case with many aging stars. 

ETA.  She was very social in the political circles until Hollywood was invited to state affairs.  She was appalled by this.  She thought this was beneath her and the government.  When the days of Henry Kissinger (rolls eyes) were over so was she.  She was very impressed that she was so respected that high government officials rubbed elbows with her.   Intolerable woman.  

She has been out of sight for years.  One can assume her health if not great at the age of 88.  She was not one to exercise like Jane Fonda has done!  

Edited by Wings
  • Love 5
16 minutes ago, Wings said:

After she left the show she said she was not going to do any engagements.  I think vanity drove her to be reclusive; that has been the case with many aging stars. 

ETA.  She was very social in the political circles until Hollywood was invited to state affairs.  She was appalled by this.  She thought this was beneath her and the government.  When the days of Henry Kissinger (rolls eyes) was over so was she.  She was very impressed that she was so respected that high government officials rubbed elbows with her.   Intolerable woman.  

She has been out of sight for years.  One can assume her health if not great at the age of 88.  She was not one to exercise like Jane Fonda has done!  

Barbara always did have a very high opinion of herself.  She didn't want Hollywood hob knobbing with politicians but Barbara herself was a celebrity .  I refuse to call her a journalist. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

Barbara always did have a very high opinion of herself.  She didn't want Hollywood hob knobbing with politicians but Barbara herself was a celebrity .  I refuse to call her a journalist. 

She isn't and was never a journalist.  Her dad got her the job on Today with Dave Garroway and she fell into celebrity from there having done nothing personally to get there.  

• Love 6
5 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

Whoopi had an appearance on this week's Instinct on CBS.  I enjoyed her.  I have mostly enjoyed her acting.  Not so much her moderating.

I agree . She is great on talk shows but she hasn’t done one in a long time.  Sorry I missed this. 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

Whoopi had an appearance on this week's Instinct on CBS.  I enjoyed her.  I have mostly enjoyed her acting.  Not so much her moderating.

She has a recurring role on that show, usually only a few lines, and not every episode. She's much more enjoyable when she's playing a role.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

“She appeared on “The View” from 2003 to 2013, where she became one of the most visible and prominent Republicans of her generation, as she debated her conservative principles on Barbara Walters’ talk show during the Bush era and Obama’s first term. “

Oh my......

Oh, brother. Laying it on a bit thick.

• Love 7

Hmmmph...Even though her book is about her "faith", note that she's still playing off her tenure on The View with respect to the book title, "Point of View".  Is that supposed to be a reminder of her past fame (infamy)?

• Love 10

Who would buy a book by her? You know everything's going to be framed in a way that she looks like a saint. She probably won't even dish any dirt outside of shots at Rosie O'Donnell. I still remember when they all had that reunion for Barbara's last shows and then she started whining about O'Donnell in the news right after. *eyeroll* I doubt she'll say anything outright about Whoopi or Joy, and definitely not Barbara.

• Love 6
(edited)
12 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

I wonder who's writing it for her?  Lord knows Hasselblech has the vocabulary & the ability to create a sentence of a five-yr.-old.

Random House or some publisher supplied a ghost writer.  It is a money making deal.  It won't be a best seller but they must think a book by a young republican can bring in some cash.  She was probably approached to do it. 

Edited by Wings
  • Love 3

Hum, will she mention her stint on “Survivors”, her styling show on E (which she was actually decent at)?

Perhaps, a book on styling for aspiring young republican women might be more useful.

PS: she can start with MM. She really, really could use the help.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, Wings said:

Random House or some publisher supplied a ghost writer.  It is a money making deal.  It won't be a best seller but they must think a book by a young republican can bring in some cash.  She was probably approached to do it. 

IMHO, I really doubt that Elizabitch was approached to do it because she is no one anymore.  And neither is her hubbie. Does she do anything else in media?  Religious shows? Blog? I haven't heard, but then I don't follow those sites.

• Love 2
(edited)
49 minutes ago, Tosia said:

IMHO, I really doubt that Elizabitch was approached to do it because she is no one anymore.  And neither is her hubbie. Does she do anything else in media?  Religious shows? Blog? I haven't heard, but then I don't follow those sites.

You are probably right but I find it hard to believe she can write a book by herself (difficult to do for anyone) and get someone to publish it.  She can publish it herself but that is VERY expensive.  Someone is behind her who thinks this will sell. 

Edited by Wings
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, Wings said:

You are probably right but I find it hard to believe she can write a book by herself (difficult to do for anyone) and get someone to publish it.  She can publish it herself but that is VERY expensive.  Someone is behind her that thinks this will sell. 

It's a publisher specializing in Christian books.  WaterBrook and Multnomah????     I agree that they will "help" her write it extensively, and hawk it.

I am predicting that it will not be a best seller (lol)  and will end up remaindered/sale bin within a year. 

EH doesn't have the fame, likeability, actual accomplished sports husband, and current giant projects that Candace Bure does. 

But Jesus does help them both.  Bless their hearts.

• Love 5

I was flipping through the channels trying to find something to watch and/or leave on for background noise when I thought I saw Meredith Vieira‏. So I went back to the channel I thought I saw her on and it was her on BBCA in the UK participating in a discussion about the royal wedding. I totally forgot about looking to see what kind of coverage that channel was doing this morning.  Obviously it should have been one of the first that I checked. If I had known she was going to be on either BBCA or PBS I would have watched those.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, WarnerCL45 said:

Believe me, I miss her!

I do too. But sadly I think we're in the minority here. At least she had a sense of humor. I really regret that I wasn't posting during the Jed era. Lately she's been on the Greg Gutfeld Show every couple of weeks.

• Love 4
On 5/24/2018 at 5:29 PM, Alexis2291 said:

Jedediah Bilah responds to a twitter user who says it’s a good thing Bilah is no longer on the “liberal” view.

I really liked Jedediah and was sad when she was let go but I wasn't on this forum at the time so I didn't realize that she wasn't quite popular here. I thought the entire group vibed well together when she was there, even if she didn't always agree with them. She was good at giving her input based on the direction the conversation was going and she knew how to speak up and get her point of view across without being hostile. I also thought her approach was fair, even when I didn't agree with her particular stance. I've watched the show on and off for years and truthfully I don't even remember who the conservative voices were on the panel between Elizabeth and Jedediah but she's by far been my favourite conservative panelist that has been on the main cast. I love Ana as well but she's unfortunately only a recurring panelist.

• Love 8
20 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

I really liked Jedediah and was sad when she was let go but I wasn't on this forum at the time so I didn't realize that she wasn't quite popular here. I thought the entire group vibed well together when she was there, even if she didn't always agree with them. She was good at giving her input based on the direction the conversation was going and she knew how to speak up and get her point of view across without being hostile. I also thought her approach was fair, even when I didn't agree with her particular stance. I've watched the show on and off for years and truthfully I don't even remember who the conservative voices were on the panel between Elizabeth and Jedediah but she's by far been my favourite conservative panelist that has been on the main cast. I love Ana as well but she's unfortunately only a recurring panelist.

I think Candace was supposed to be the conservative voice.  I didn’t find her all that bright.  I was kind of dismayed that people didn’t like Jed, because I thought they meshed really well.  Of course, I like Ana.  Oh well, I don’t watch much now, anyway - too stressful!  ?. I think MM has lowered the whole tone.  It’s not informative OR entertaining.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, WarnerCL45 said:

I think Candace was supposed to be the conservative voice.  I didn’t find her all that bright.  I was kind of dismayed that people didn’t like Jed, because I thought they meshed really well.  Of course, I like Ana.  Oh well, I don’t watch much now, anyway - too stressful!  ?. I think MM has lowered the whole tone.  It’s not informative OR entertaining.

Oops, forgot about Candace. I think Candace's politics are deeply entrenched in protecting her own Christian values so I found that her opinion on things were often driven from a religious perspective and was limited in drawing on resources other than her faith to help support her position on things. I did like her as a person though - I thought she handled herself well in terms of camaraderie with the group and how she inserted and responded to conversation at the table. Definitely didn't agree with a lot of what she said, but I genuinely felt that she was sitting there to share a perspective for others to consider, but without the judgement or expectation that everyone has to think or feel the way she does on issues.

What I loved most about Jed is that her politics are actually more Libertarian than anything else and while she naturally was more right leaning between the side (coming from her Libertarian views), she was still critical of both sides and I thought she was always fair in her delivery from what I had seen of her.

• Love 5
51 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

- I thought she handled herself well in terms of camaraderie with the group and how she inserted and responded to conversation at the table.

I did roll my eyes a lot, but she WAS respectful, and seemed to get along with the rest.  

Can't be said for the latest "conservative"  LOL

• Love 3