Type keyword(s) to search

Former Hosts: PROFESSIONAL Life After The View

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Sherri was pretty good on To Tell The Truth. She managed to not mention Jeffrey and only made one side reference to picking the wrong kind of man. She looks like she's gained a lot of weight, which I am not saying to diss her, but it makes me wonder what's going on in her life. She's an admitted stress eater.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, ChicagoCita said:

Sherri was pretty good on To Tell The Truth. She managed to not mention Jeffrey and only made one side reference to picking the wrong kind of man. She looks like she's gained a lot of weight, which I am not saying to diss her, but it makes me wonder what's going on in her life. She's an admitted stress eater.

She has to pay for a baby she no longer wants and has to also take care of the bum. That would stress anybody out. 

• Love 6
On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 11:20 PM, JakeyJokes said:

Nicolle guest hosted The Rachel Maddow Show AGAIN tonight!

Nicolle did even better the second time she hosted.  She comes across smart, informed, and she's able to present ideas and interview people coherently, and comes across as likeable.   I think she has a real future on MSNBC.  it's a better fit for her than The VIew was. 

• Love 10
20 minutes ago, backformore said:

Nicolle did even better the second time she hosted.  She comes across smart, informed, and she's able to present ideas and interview people coherently, and comes across as likeable.   I think she has a real future on MSNBC.  it's a better fit for her than The VIew was. 

Nicole's problem was that she was too obsequious when it came to Whoopie.

She is a true political pundit, she has actually worked in the White House and has a wealth of knowledge about politics, unlike, Megan. 

I love her on MSNBC, her takedown of a Fox news Hack on her show was a thing of beauty.  I wished that we had seen that Nicole on the view.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 15
On 8/8/2018 at 7:33 AM, backformore said:

I adore this woman.  I have stopped watching the amount of news that I used to but tune into see Nicolle.  I have stopped watching Rachael because her delivery is irritating me lately.  I have been a fan of hers since she was on radio in MA where I lived.  I have passed her on the street in North Hampton MA where she and her wife live.  I don't dislike her at all, love is still there, just taking a break. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Wings said:

I adore this woman.  I have stopped watching the amount of news that I used to but tune into see Nicolle.  I have stopped watching Rachael because her delivery is irritating me lately.  I have been a fan of hers since she was on radio in MA where I lived.  I have passed her on the street in North Hampton MA where she and her wife live.  I don't dislike her at all, love is still there, just taking a break. 

I much prefer Nicolle to Rachel; Rachel's penchant for dragging out the story and burying the lead is maddening.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, bannana said:

I much prefer Nicolle to Rachel; Rachel's penchant for dragging out the story and burying the lead is maddening.

Rachel does meander a lot, but her history lesson in the A block is awesome and she was always ties it superbly to current events..

I love Nicole, but, she is starting to adopt the Chris Matthews style of interviewing, by constantly interrupting and not letting the person answer the question.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

Rachel does meander a lot, but her history lesson in the A block is awesome and she was always ties it superbly to current events..

I love Nicole, but, she is starting to adopt the Chris Matthews style of interviewing, by constantly interrupting and not letting the person answer the question.

That probably explains why I also like Chris Matthews!

My hubby loves Rachel so we tend to watch her a lot, and I agree, I like the depth of the reporting, I just wish she wouldn't take twenty minutes to get to the point.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, bannana said:

My hubby loves Rachel so we tend to watch her a lot, and I agree, I like the depth of the reporting, I just wish she wouldn't take twenty minutes to get to the point.

I like Chris because of his long history in Washington, he is as horrified as we are with what is going on, but, he can be annoying at times..

I also like the fact that Rachel says, pay attention to what he does and not what he says. I wish the MSM would follow that mantra.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, bannana said:

3 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I like Chris because of his long history in Washington, he is as horrified as we are with what is going on, but, he can be annoying at times..

Same here.  I've always found him amusing & knowledgeable.

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

Well it's official.  Today Nicolle said she was fired from the View for not knowing reality TV.  What kills me is that the show rarely discuss reality shows and when they do most of them scorn at the discussion.

What she means is she was smarter than the other cohosts. 

• Love 13
33 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

Well it's official.  Today Nicolle said she was fired from the View for not knowing reality TV.  What kills me is that the show rarely discuss reality shows and when they do most of them scorn at the discussion.

She has said it many times on her show. Her firing was the best thing that ever happened to her. She was too good and too intelligent for the view.  Plus, she is awesome on her own show.

ABC is not interested in having an intelligent, thoughtful, sane conservative like Nicole, Tara and Anna. They want vile people like Megan and Bitsy, to make sparks.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 24

When people say they have no knowledge of pop culture, I always think they are being a tad disingenuous.    Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode, where he was too embarrassed to admit that he watched Melrose Place.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, WarnerCL45 said:

When people say they have no knowledge of pop culture, I always think they are being a tad disingenuous.    Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode, where he was too embarrassed to admit that he watched Melrose Place.

I agree.  I like Nicolle a lot and was hopeful when she was on The View that she would give good input.  Sometimes she did and then she would say things like "what is a kartrashian?  I have a toddler and I don't watch TV".  Really?  Very disingenuous.  She is great on her show.

• Love 5

I don't believe the pop culture excuse, because she always pretended to be overwhelmed and gushy when she met a star.

She's great where she is now, but I think she was a bad fit on The View. She self-identified as a Republican, constantly (which makes me think this is coming from The View's powers that be, because three women in a row -- Nicolle, Jedidiah, Meghan -- cannot possibly share that wacky quirk).

• Love 6

From her Instagram, it looks like Bitsy is going full-on Christian something-or-other and has a book coming out on her faith in the spring. I never understood the market for that kind of thing, given that faith is such a personal thing. But whatever, I'm not in that marketing group.

• Love 2
22 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

I don't believe the pop culture excuse, because she always pretended to be overwhelmed and gushy when she met a star.

(about Nicolle)  I buy it.   When my kids were little, I missed several years of current TV ,movies, and music  that were geared toward adults.  I listened to Raffi and watched Disney movies.   I didn't lose any interest or knowledge of anything that I knew before kids, I just was kind of "checked out"  of the most current stuff. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, backformore said:

I didn't lose any interest or knowledge of anything that I knew before kids, I just was kind of "checked out"  of the most current stuff. 

The thing with pop culture, is that it's so in your face, that you can't help but notice.  I don't watch Keeping Up With .... , but I sure know who they are.  My husband is absolutely not in tune with the times, & knows who Beiber is.

• Love 1

When my son was little the internet was just starting to take off.  Smart phones weren't a thing yet.  You had to kinda seek out pop culture.   You would be aware of it by looking at magazine covers while checking out but if you wanted to know who the Backstreet Boys were dating you had to buy the magazine or watch Entertainment Tonight.   I don't believe Nicole didn't know pop culture.   She might not have been interested in it but she knew enough to be part of the conversation but probably just didn't want to be.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, backformore said:

(about Nicolle)  I buy it.   When my kids were little, I missed several years of current TV ,movies, and music  that were geared toward adults.  I listened to Raffi and watched Disney movies.   I didn't lose any interest or knowledge of anything that I knew before kids, I just was kind of "checked out"  of the most current stuff. 

When I was starting out in my career I knew nothing about pop culture or what was on TV.  I was completely absorbed by my work, putting 60 - 80 hours a week.  I knew everything about the industry I worked in but not much else.  I watched Seinfeld after it was in reruns, so I never got so many cultural references that came from that show until I caught up years later!

• Love 2

Jedediah is on Fox news on a show called the five and she is spewing the talking points that is expected of everybody who goes on that channel.  She sounds just like Megan. Wow! It was a reminder that she was no better.   Her delivery might have been better than Megan, but, they are the same. After seeing her on that show today, I am glad that she is gone.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

Was that actually on the air?! 

ETA: She wore purple today, so I'll guess this is just a brilliant invention! 

1 hour ago, Tunia said:

Nicolle's Naughty Chyron:

DlVNzqCUwAAIKhT[1].jpg

Edited by freddi
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, freddi said:

Was that actually on the air?! 

ETA: She wore purple today, so I'll guess this is just a brilliant invention! 

freddi ~ I backtracked through the twitter feed from which I scooped this pic, and found it to be taken down and unavailable.  It led me back to Nicolle's twitter, where I found her wearing this red dress on Aug. 17, which, of course, is too early to coordinate with the headline shown on the chyron.  Thus, I'm agreeing that this is indeed a "brilliant invention" and very bogus.  Thank you for pointing me in the right direction so that it could be removed.

716dbIAuvYL__SX425_.jpg

Edited by Tunia
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, Tunia said:

freddi ~ I backtracked through the twitter feed from which I scooped this pic, and found it to be taken down and unavailable.  It led me back to Nicolle's twitter, where I found her wearing this red dress on Aug. 17, which, of course, is too early to coordinate with the headline shown on the chyron.  Thus, I'm agreeing that this is indeed a "brilliant invention" and very bogus.  Thank you for pointing me in the right direction so that it could be removed.

I didn't even mind, just was trying to figure out if I missed that on her show! Thanks!

Edited by freddi
3 hours ago, Haleth said:

Alright, now I'm really curious about what I missed here.

Hi Haleth ~

If you're referring to the immediate posts above, I had posted a snap of Nicolle (see freddi's post above) that I later found to be manufactured and bogus as the result of freddi's query, and then I removed the photo.  So you haven't missed anything of note, except my error of not doing thorough research. 

7 hours ago, freddi said:

I didn't even mind, just was trying to figure out if I missed that on her show! Thanks!

freddi ~  If you'd like to remove that photo, go into "edit" and place your curser either below photo or to the right of it and backspace.  That should do it.

Sorry to have misled.

Edited by Tunia
  • Love 2