Type keyword(s) to search

Former Hosts: PROFESSIONAL Life After The View

Jaded
  • Start Topic

On 11/7/2018 at 9:37 AM, blondiec0332 said:

I would love to see a debate between Nicolle and Meghan.  Nicolle would destroy her.

My guess is that it would never happen, exactly because Nicolle would wipe the floor with her, but also, Nicolle mentioned on her show that she and Steve Schmidt weren't invited to the funeral. Given Meghan's stated distaste for Game Change, and that it's pretty obvious Nicolle and Steve were 1st hand sources, I doubt we'll see the Meghan in the same place with either of them, at least not on purpose. 

On 11/11/2018 at 10:49 AM, telemachus2 said:

I thought  Nicolle said she no longer considers herself a Republican, but certainly could be wrong about this.  Enjoy her show anyway, even though I always wonder after she expresses some insightful comment, how much did The View pay her to claim ignorance of the location of  Malibu...

She said she's no longer a Republican and has also said she isn't sure what she is. 

To what does this refer: " I always wonder after she expresses some insightful comment, how much did The View pay her to claim ignorance of the location of  Malibu..."? I either never knew or forgot the reference. 

• Love 3
On 11/13/2018 at 3:54 PM, Tosia said:

How do I get rid of that box above:

Anyway, I have listened to Michelle Collins' show on Sirius XM recently a few times, and it is enjoyable.  She is silly sometimes, but, has a brain and make a thought.  

• Love 3

Paula launched her podcast today. Journeys of Faith free on Google Podcasts and iTunes. She talks to Robin Roberts, Country stars Hillary Scott and Luke Bryan, and Ben Shapiro. She's a good interviewer and yes they talk about their faith but also their life and how they got to where they are today. Especially Robin who gets up close and personal about her health and personal life.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, TheView said:

Jedediah guest hosted Fox and Friends today. 

Funny they would have a Libertarian... oops, an Independent... oops, a free-thinker... host Fox & Friends.

I think Jed just confirmed she's a Fox Republican. (As if the many articles for Breitbart didn't give it away!)

• Love 5
42 minutes ago, ChicagoCita said:

Funny they would have a Libertarian... oops, an Independent... oops, a free-thinker... host Fox & Friends.

I think Jed just confirmed she's a Fox Republican. (As if the many articles for Breitbart didn't give it away!)

Jed looked right in her element sitting on that couch. 

• Love 4
55 minutes ago, ChicagoCita said:

I have more respect for people who own who they are.  Jedi didn't do that.

• Love 7

Candace said it was hard for her to talk about politics every day. I understand that. Girlfriend had opinions and loyalties that were NOT going to shift, and it's really hard to be in a political discussion when you can't or won't justify why you feel that way you do.

"I just like him" doesn't cut it on a show that discusses a lot of politics. She wasn't a good fit.

Kind of sad to see that photo in the article. Joy with four no-longer-there's: Paula, Michelle, Raven, and Candace.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Isn't this like, old news? Someone posted how she returned to FOX months ago. Or is that she's on a different show now on the network from whence she came? Really don't give a crapola.*

*I'm trying to clean up my language.

The way Jed set it up on her IG - as if this is surprising news that nobody saw coming - is laughable. Most people that know Jed’s history and have access to her IG could see this from a mile away. She’s home again. Big deal. 🤷🏽‍♀️

• Love 4
On 11/28/2018 at 12:08 AM, ChicagoCita said:

Candace said it was hard for her to talk about politics every day. I understand that. Girlfriend had opinions and loyalties that were NOT going to shift, and it's really hard to be in a political discussion when you can't or won't justify why you feel that way you do.

"I just like him" doesn't cut it on a show that discusses a lot of politics. She wasn't a good fit.

Kind of sad to see that photo in the article. Joy with four no-longer-there's: Paula, Michelle, Raven, and Candace.

She said that she wanted to save babies, the 10 commandments displayed on government buildings and to combat the persecution of Christians in this country. That was the extent of Candace's contributions on the show.

• Love 4

I'm glad both Candace and Jedi aren't on The View anymore, and hope McCain joins them in has-been status soon. At least of the three, Candace seemed like a good-hearted person (to some degree). Jedi was repulsive from beginning to end. Good riddance.

6 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Isn't this like, old news? Someone posted how she returned to FOX months ago. Or is that she's on a different show now on the network from whence she came? Really don't give a crapola.*

*I'm trying to clean up my language.

lol Until these past 2 years, I didn't curse very often either. I share the struggle.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I'm glad both Candace and Jedi aren't on The View anymore, and hope McCain joins them in has-been status soon. At least of the three, Candace seemed like a good-hearted person (to some degree). Jedi was repulsive from beginning to end. Good riddance.

lol Until these past 2 years, I didn't curse very often either. I share the struggle.

I'm glad they are gone too but I think Candace is just as repulsive, at least to me, because of her views, but she comes in a sweeter-presenting package.  I think MM needs to go bye bye but it will have to be her decision because seems TPTB like all the publicity the show is getting because of her antics.

• Love 7

The producers experimenting with having celebrities on the panel (Candace, Raven, Rosie Perez, Jenny McCarthy) was a huge fail.  With the exception of Rosie P I don't think the rest of them are too bright and they were more about promoting their careers than contributing to an informative discussion.  They were all more comfortable with a script.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Haleth said:

The producers experimenting with having celebrities on the panel (Candace, Raven, Rosie Perez, Jenny McCarthy) was a huge fail.  With the exception of Rosie P I don't think the rest of them are too bright and they were more about promoting their careers than contributing to an informative discussion.  They were all more comfortable with a script.

I agree with that.  The best cohosts are the ones that can improvise.  Meredith who was a journalist and Joy who was a stand up I think were/are the best.  Star and Sunny as lawyers also did/do well.

• Love 8
44 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Even Rosie Perez, I felt was not a good fit. She's clearly bright and passionate about politics, but she struggled with getting to her point and making it clear off the cuff. I used to cringe for her, because I really like her and know she puts her money (and time) where her mouth is.

Whoopi and Raven have the same problem (and probably Candace, but I don't think she was politically inclined to begin with, so she was an extra bad fit). I think maybe coming from a world where your words are usually scripted and you have time to rehearse draws on and hones a different skill set. 

@blondiec0332 is right. The View co-hosts need to be able to improvise. 

• Love 5
54 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I feel bad for Sherri that you didn't include her.

Her latest stint on the View as guest co-host was good. When she isn't overplaying her shtick she's fine.

• Love 3

I'm glad that Nicolle Wallace was fired. She's one of the best on MSNBC. She knows her stuff and her guests seem to appreciate that. And on a superficial note, I like that she often wears clothes I've seen her in before, like most normal people do (and presumably almost every guy on TV).

• Love 17
22 hours ago, merriebreeze said:

I'm glad that Nicolle Wallace was fired. She's one of the best on MSNBC. She knows her stuff and her guests seem to appreciate that. And on a superficial note, I like that she often wears clothes I've seen her in before, like most normal people do (and presumably almost every guy on TV).

I gave up that yummy Jake Tapper for Nicolle Wallace.  I love her show.  And, I listen to Michelle Collins on SiriusXM now and then and find her very enjoyable.

• Love 4
On 11/17/2014 at 4:11 PM, maryis1 said:

Barbara Walters mention by Andy Cohen on the Meredith Viera show today.

Andy tells that he was cohosting the view and during the conversation American Hustle came up. Barbara said she didn't understand it and Andy said that perhaps not understanding it was a generational thing. He didn't think his comment was inappropriate... he said that his mother probably wouldn't have understood it either... but when they went to commercial, BW handed him his head on a plate and chewed him out for daring to imply what generation she was in.

He says he tells this story in his new book. Funny that Barbara would get upset about a generational reference when that's what she founded the show on and they trumpeted it every day in the earlier intros. Anyway, Andy told the story like she went for his throat at the commercial.

does anyone know how to find a clip of this exchange between andy and barbara? 

• Love 2

I'm not exactly sure where to put this, but there's a book coming out about the "behind the scenes" at The View. The author claims to have interviewed most of the hosts.

This intrigues me: "Setoodeh uncovers the truth about Star’s weight loss and wedding madness. Rosie’s feud with Trump. Whoopi’s toxic relationship with Rosie. Barbara’s difficulty stepping away. Plus, all the unseen hugs, snubs, tears―and one dead rodent.

Ladies Who Punch shows why The View can be mimicked and mocked, but it can never be matched."

It comes out in April: Ladies Who Punch: The Explosive Inside Story of "The View". I've preordered it.

ADDING: In the CNN Tip Sheet, the author says, "The two cohosts who never agreed to sit down with me — even though I'd interviewed them both before — were Whoopi Goldberg and Elisabeth Hasselbeck," Setoodeh told me. "Read it and you’ll see why."

Edited by ChicagoCita
  • Love 9
9 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

I'm not exactly sure where to put this, but there's a book coming out about the "behind the scenes" at The View. The author claims to have interviewed most of the hosts.

This intrigues me: "Setoodeh uncovers the truth about Star’s weight loss and wedding madness. Rosie’s feud with Trump. Whoopi’s toxic relationship with Rosie. Barbara’s difficulty stepping away. Plus, all the unseen hugs, snubs, tears―and one dead rodent.

Ladies Who Punch shows why The View can be mimicked and mocked, but it can never be matched."

It comes out in April: Ladies Who Punch: The Explosive Inside Story of "The View". I've preordered it.

ADDING: In the CNN Tip Sheet, the author says, "The two cohosts who never agreed to sit down with me — even though I'd interviewed them both before — were Whoopi Goldberg and Elisabeth Hasselbeck," Setoodeh told me. "Read it and you’ll see why."

This is going to break the table! 

I think the reason why we don't have Elisabeth's perspective is because she has own perspective coming out THE SAME DAY.  https://www.amazon.com/Point-View-Fresh-Faith-Freedom/dp/0525652760

• Love 4
9 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

Nothing in that blurb tells me there's anything new or things people didn't already know.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, babyhouseman said:

Will EH be on the View to promote her book? It might be too much self-righteousness to see her and Meg on the same screen. 

I could see that happening considering she is good with Meghan, she also wished Whoopi a happy birthday, I don't think she minds Joy, I am sure she loves Abby cause of Fox news and she knows Sunny since Sunny guest co-hosted a lot back then and probably likes her because of her faith. So its a safe zone for her to come on I would say pretty much as long as Rosie is not there lol

• Love 1
13 hours ago, TheViewFirst1 said:

I could see that happening considering she is good with Meghan, she also wished Whoopi a happy birthday, I don't think she minds Joy, I am sure she loves Abby cause of Fox news and she knows Sunny since Sunny guest co-hosted a lot back then and probably likes her because of her faith. So its a safe zone for her to come on I would say pretty much as long as Rosie is not there lol

Towards the end of her run, Elizabeth and Joy were not getting along, but, it was never on the same level as Megan's disdain for Joy.  Barbara Walters wanted to fire Elizabeth for a long time, but, was afraid of looking like she was biased against the lone conservative. So, she fired Joy as well.  Barbara really loves Joy and it pained her to do so, since she recruited her to be on the view.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Towards the end of her run, Elizabeth and Joy were not getting along, but, it was never on the same level as Megan's disdain for Joy.  Barbara Walters wanted to fire Elizabeth for a long time, but, was afraid of looking like she was biased against the lone conservative. So, she fired Joy as well.  Barbara really loves Joy and it pained her to do so, since she recruited her to be on the view.

As we discussed at length way back then, I don't think BaWa was "knocking on all 8 cylinders" when that kerfuffle came up.  Just sayin'.

• Love 6

I wouldn't say that any of the co-hosts had bad blood with Elisabeth (other than Rosie). I think, if anything, they felt awkward around her because she was a producer pet who was daily coached and she was always stiff / fake. How do you have a genuine interaction with someone like that?

• Love 11
1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I wouldn't say that any of the co-hosts had bad blood with Elisabeth (other than Rosie). I think, if anything, they felt awkward around her because she was a producer pet who was daily coached and she was always stiff / fake. How do you have a genuine interaction with someone like that?

Sherri Shepherd didn't have a problem with her, IIRC.  I think Hasselblech was in Sherri's wedding!!??  (The others didn't attend.)

• Love 1
56 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

What has Paula shared on her podcast? Is she extreme in her views?

I like what Sherri said "My faith should never be forced upon anyone thats not how God works" Paula agreed with that. Although the stories of them having "Missions in life" to help someone see God I found that to contradict with what they were saying. But I don't find Paula or Sherri forcing their views there just sharing there stories in the podcast and it helps myself understand why they believe in God. I think thats the point of Paula's podcast. 

• Love 7
58 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

What has Paula shared on her podcast? Is she extreme in her views?

Paula has shared a bit but she makes her guests the focus. She is a Pentecostal like Robin and Sherri. When Sherri guest hosted on the View they prayed together.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3