Type keyword(s) to search

Former Hosts: PROFESSIONAL Life After The View

Jaded
  • Start Topic

On 8/17/2018 at 6:06 PM, Haleth said:

For the Deadline watchers, don't you wish you could hear what they talk about during commercials?  Nicolle and her guests are always giggling when they come back on..

Love Nicolle's show. They are always laughing. She cracks me up. Sometimes she just thows her hands up and laughingly says what ? After watching some crazy clip regarding Trump...I'm usually right there too. She does an amazing job. 

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 9
On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 3:06 PM, Haleth said:

For the Deadline watchers, don't you wish you could hear what they talk about during commercials?  Nicolle and her guests are always giggling when they come back on..

She does a great job on her daily show.  Today, she started without her intro music, and I thought she was going to announce that Senator McCain had died.  But it appears to be her tribute in advance of his passing, which appears to be imminent.  She is watching the conservative-middle party she worked for break apart, in the current Congress and with each passing figure she worked with, like Barbara Bush (lovely tribute to her a few months ago) and now Senator McCain.  And she played famous clips we have seen, like McCain telling a woman that candidate Obama was not a Muslim (because it was an incorrect statement), then Nicolle said about those clips:  "I was there for all of them".  The past Republican leaders are deep in her history.  I try to see her show most days.  

Yes, she has an easy laugh and great contacts in D.C. -- and has a good heart, which we especially see today.  

2 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Love Nicolle's show. They are always laughing. She cracks me up. Sometimes she just thows her hands up and laughingly says what ? After watching some crazy clip regarding Trump...I'm usually right there too. She does an amazing job. 

• Love 7

Great opening segment by Nicolle and her guests with the news line at the bottom of the screen quoting Sen. McCain's friends. Nicolle told stories on the campaign trail with him. It was obvious Nicolle respects him very much.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, rcc said:

Great opening segment by Nicolle and her guests with the news line at the bottom of the screen quoting Sen. McCain's friends. Nicolle told stories on the campaign trail with him. It was obvious Nicolle respects him very much.

Anna Navarro loves him as well.  She was in tears on CNN defending him against a person who made offensive remarks about his status as a hero. 

It was so appalling to see Megan go after her in a despicable manner because they had a difference of opinion.

• Love 9

Over the weekend I saw a commerical for GMA  with Strahan and some blonde - I was like "is he going back to Kelly's show", then I looked and it was Sarah jumping all over him like a fool, and she really looked like Ripa.  I see you ABC.....

• Love 3
2 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

Over the weekend I saw a commerical for GMA  with Strahan and some blonde - I was like "is he going back to Kelly's show", then I looked and it was Sarah jumping all over him like a fool, and she really looked like Ripa.  I see you ABC.....

This makes me sad for Sarah.  I hope she's not going to play the ditzy blond on this show...what a waste.

• Love 3
On 8/24/2018 at 7:00 PM, Apprentice79 said:

Anna Navarro loves him as well.  She was in tears on CNN defending him against a person who made offensive remarks about his status as a hero. 

It was so appalling to see Megan go after her in a despicable manner because they had a difference of opinion.

Which show was Ana on? 

4 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

I always liked Sara on The View.  I loathe Strahan, so probably won't watch.  Just another sh*tty daytime show, I would imagine.

• Love 2

I just saw a second ad for Sara's new show in which she came off as a ditzy blonde.  I won't be watching anyway because I try to never see Michael Strahan, but, Sara, you're so much more than a ditzy blonde!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Bronzedog said:

I just saw a second ad for Sara's new show in which she came off as a ditzy blonde.  I won't be watching anyway because I try to never see Michael Strahan, but, Sara, you're so much more than a ditzy blonde!

I thought the same. I'll watch the first few shows but if she is there to prop up Strahan then I'm done. He belongs on Fox Sports for football. Anywhere else I don't see him any good at all.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Why do you guys dislike Michael do much? I am curious to know, I thought that he was great on Kelly..

• Love 5

I dislike him because he is just not good on GMA. He is good with the guys on Sunday Fox Football. Better with Kelly at first but that was unwatchable at the end. She had a lot to do with it but he had a share in it too.

10 minutes ago, rcc said:

I dislike him because he is just not good on GMA. He is good with the guys on Sunday Fox Football. Better with Kelly at first but that was unwatchable at the end. She had a lot to do with it but he had a share in it too.

I agree with this.  He seems out of his element.  I remember years ago there was a rumor Ryan Secrest was rumored to be in the running for the anchor of the Today show and I thought are you fucking kidding me.  Could you imagine Secrest interviewing a head of state?

• Love 2
53 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Why do you guys dislike Michael do much? I am curious to know, I thought that he was great on Kelly..

I loved Michael and Kelly.  I had a hard time looking at him after he ditched my girl, but he's growing on me again.  

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, rcc said:

I agree about their strain relationship being mutual.  However, Kelly acted like a woman scorn towards the end with him. She acted like she wanted him and he shot her down, leading to her being passive aggressive with him.

Plus, her temper tantrum about his deal with ABC left me cold.. It was just too much..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 6

I see it a different way - she's been loyal to ABC her entire career (dating back to her AMC days), they should have told her they were moving Michael to another show, they did not have to blindside and embarrass her.  

I wonder what this Sarah/Michael show will be, I have a feeling its going to be the Watered Down Live.

Edited by TV Diva Queen
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

I see it a different way - she's been loyal to ABC her entire career (dating back to her AMC days), they should have told her they were moving Michael to another show, they did not have to blindside and embarrass her.  

I wonder what this Sarah/Michael show will be, I have a feeling its going to be the Watered Down Live.

I understand her hurt feelings, but, I did not appreciate how she treated Michael with her barbs on the air. She was churlish, unprofessional and childish. Plus, I remember how she treated Regis. 

• Love 11
24 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I understand her hurt feelings, but, I did not appreciate how she treated Michael with her barbs on the air. She was churlish, unprofessional and childish. Plus, I remember how she treated Regis. 

hmmm - I honestly don't remember that nor did I see how she treated Regis.  I love Kelly and she does no wrong with me, I feel the same way about Andy Cohen.  I love my rose colored glasses.  :)  

Edited by TV Diva Queen
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

hmmm - I honestly don't remember that nor did I see how she treated Regis.  I love Kelly and she does no wrong with me, I feel the same way about Andy Cohen.  I love my rose colored glasses.  :)  

I think Michael can handle himself, same with Regis.  I don’t remember any nastiness, until the blindside.  I like Kelly, also, but will have to agree to disagree with you on Andy Cohen - a real channel changer for me!

Edited by WarnerCL45
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I didn't in the beginning when he was on with Kelly.  Then along the way it seemed to me that he thought he was "all that" and more and that turned me off.  

• Love 1

I truly only enjoyed Live when Michael Strahan joined.  And I barely knew who he was.  He is just a natural.  I liked Kelly a long, long time ago, but she is past her expiration date, not because of her age.  She just tries way too hard.  Now with Ryan, the show is unwatchable.  They both need to stop trying so hard and just be their own selves.  They actually have charisma, each by themselves.  Just let it happen.

And I also enjoyed Regis very much.  

• Love 6

I could never watch Live regularly because the awful Ripa is there (although I considered it when Josh Groban and Joel McHale were in the running to replace Strahan), but the few times I’d seen it during the Kelly and Michael years, I liked Strahan. I hope Kelly Ripa gets treated the same way on her way out that she treated both him and Regis.

Putting Michael and Sara together almost feels like an attempt to re-create Live, except Sara is nice and not the self-absorbed L.A. type.

• Love 5
On 29/08/2018 at 1:58 AM, TheGreenKnight said:

Sara is nice and not the self-absorbed L.A. type.

I always liked Sara.  At first, she seemed not that bright, but I think she did her homework & seemed to bring a voice of reason to the show.  I wish her luck with the new show, but there are just so many of these daytime TV shows.  None of them bring anything fresh & new.  At least there are only two hosts.  

BTW, KR is from New Jersey.

• Love 3

We'll have to wait and see but from the promos it seems like there is little chemistry between Sara and Michael.  Their cutesy behavior is forced.  I bet they only last one season.

10 hours ago, WarnerCL45 said:

I wish her luck with the new show, but there are just so many of these daytime TV shows.  None of them bring anything fresh & new. 

Absolutely.

• Love 4

Sorry for the double post but it's been a week or so. 

Hoboy, Nicolle and Steve Schmitt made some news today I think. Talking about candidates' fitness for office they reminisced about Sarah Palin, telling stories that they'd never spoken of before. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

Hoboy, Nicolle and Steve Schmitt made some news today I think. Talking about candidates' fitness for office they reminisced about Sarah Palin, telling stories that they'd never spoken of before. 

It was frightening and we dodge a bullet.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Haleth said:

Heard part of their conversation. Quite unsettling. I made particular note of Nicolle saying she, Steve Schmidt and someone else weren't invited to the McCain memorial service. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree and I'll leave it at that. 

• Love 3
17 hours ago, Badbea99 said:

Heard part of their conversation. Quite unsettling. I made particular note of Nicolle saying she, Steve Schmidt and someone else weren't invited to the McCain memorial service. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree and I'll leave it at that. 

Game Change (or possibly John Heilemann) came up on The View during Meghan's first season (I'm pretty sure whatever the context, it was not related to allegations of assault against Halperin).

Meghan responded with so much vitriol (even for her), that I wasn't too surprised when Nicolle mentioned she and Steve (and whoever) weren't invited to McCain's funeral. Sure, Wallace and Schmidt didn't write it, but I've read the book and watched the HBO film, and it's pretty obvious they must have been primary sources for much of the McCain campaign material.

What surprised me at the time about Meghan's reaction, is that I didn't think either the book or the film portrayed her father in a bad light. I couldn't figure out why she was quite so angry. It also made me wonder if one of her motivations for taking The View was to outshine Nicolle, because I think Meghan is probably small like that. 

I felt bad for both Nicolle and Steve about the funeral, as they've always made it very clear how dear they considered John McCain and how much they respect him. They're old hats at petty politics, but I've seen Nicolle tear up talking about him (even before he died). I could help but think it must have stung to be excluded.

• Love 12

Yes, I recall that, and remember being surprised that Meghan described Game Change as a smear against her family.  I think this might have been in the  context of the Wolf book, but it may have been another book.  I could not figure out how GC was a smear against McCain other than that he should not have selected Palin, but the book was about a lot more than that.  And that is not the worst thing people have accused the McCains about.  It was interesting to hear Nicholle and Steve talk about it!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, General Days said:

Game Change (or possibly John Heilemann) came up on The View during Meghan's first season (I'm pretty sure whatever the context, it was not related to allegations of assault against Halperin).

Meghan responded with so much vitriol (even for her), that I wasn't too surprised when Nicolle mentioned she and Steve (and whoever) weren't invited to McCain's funeral. Sure, Wallace and Schmidt didn't write it, but I've read the book and watched the HBO film, and it's pretty obvious they must have been primary sources for much of the McCain campaign material.

What surprised me at the time about Meghan's reaction, is that I didn't think either the book or the film portrayed her father in a bad light. I couldn't figure out why she was quite so angry. It also made me wonder if one of her motivations for taking The View was to outshine Nicolle, because I think Meghan is probably small like that. 

I felt bad for both Nicolle and Steve about the funeral, as they've always made it very clear how dear they considered John McCain and how much they respect him. They're old hats at petty politics, but I've seen Nicolle tear up talking about him (even before he died). I could help but think it must have stung to be excluded.

1 minute ago, bannana said:

Yes, I recall that, and remember being surprised that Meghan described Game Change as a smear against her family.  I think this might have been in the  context of the Wolf book, but it may have been another book.  I could not figure out how GC was a smear against McCain other than that he should not have selected Palin, but the book was about a lot more than that.  And that is not the worst thing people have accused the McCains about.  It was interesting to hear Nicholle and Steve talk about it!

I also read the book and watched the movie.  It didn't portray McCain in an unflattering light but it did call into question how he could have been so easily swayed to ask Sarah Palin to be his running mate.  He was IMO rightly blamed for unleashing Palin on all of us.   Meghan might not want to believe that but he was the candidate so the buck stops with him which her dad would have probably agreed with.

• Love 10

Thanks for reminding me about NutMeg freaking out about Game Change on The View.  She did say it was a smear against her family and she was livid. Perhaps she resented the fact that the book rehashed what I believe showed the Senator exhibiting poor judgment choosing someone like Palin for a running mate.  I saw the HBO movie and thought it was excellent and recently mentioned to my husband that he should watch it if it's still available on HBO as I think he might enjoy it.  Julianne Moore was excellent as Sarah Palin as was Sarah Paulson as Nicolle.  

Let's be honest, there are a lot of stories out there about the McCain family and many of them are far from favorable.

I do believe that NutMeg would take great pleasure in thinking that she took a job away from someone who treated her family badly.  She wouldn't give a damn that Jed was at the table in the interim because she's just that petty and vindictive.  She also went out of her way when she announced she was returning for a second season to boast that she was the only conservative host in recent years to be invited back for a second season.  A dig I'm sure.  Guess she conveniently forgot that Candace and Jed both returned for second seasons and Candace chose to leave to spend more time with her family and I will always believe that Jed was dismissed by the powers to be because the bitch became available and they thought she would bring the buzz to the show.  

• Love 7
22 minutes ago, bannana said:

I think you're right. It was probably in context of the Wolf book. I did find a clip, but she's less vitriolic than what I remember. I wonder if I'm mixing up her earlier reactions to it. (She talks about Game Change, starting about 50 seconds in.)

13 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

I also read the book and watched the movie.  It didn't portray McCain in an unflattering light but it did call into question how he could have been so easily swayed to ask Sarah Palin to be his running mate.  He was IMO rightly blamed for unleashing Palin on all of us.   Meghan might not want to believe that but he was the candidate so the buck stops with him which her dad would have probably agreed with.

Yes. I guess to me, that was non-news-news, because it seems to me that everyone in the country not under Palin's thrall thought the same thing. 

I remember when I realized that the character Sarah Paulson played in the movie was the Nicolle Wallace I'd see on Morning Joe, (prior to Nicolle's season on The View). She's come a long way baby, and I'm so glad she has her own show now. I wish Schmidt had one too (although I'm not sure he'd want one). 

• Love 9
41 minutes ago, General Days said:

I remember when I realized that the character Sarah Paulson played in the movie was the Nicolle Wallace I'd see on Morning Joe, (prior to Nicolle's season on The View). She's come a long way baby, and I'm so glad she has her own show now. I wish Schmidt had one too (although I'm not sure he'd want one). 

Sarah Paulson and Woody Harrelson did such a good job of portraying them that when I think of Nicolle and Steve that is who I picture.  Actually all performances in that movie were excellent.  I just watched it again over the summer and I looked to see if the actress portraying Meghan got in lines but I only saw her in group shots.  Maybe that is what she is pissed about.  That she was so irrelevant that her character didn't even rank a speaking part.

• Love 12

Guys the discussion of Game Change (the book and film) outside of Nicolle's story in it is off topic. As is Meghan McCain in the FORMER View host thread. Let's get back on topic, please. 

8 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

Guys the discussion of Game Change (the book and film) outside of Nicolle's story in it is off topic. As is Meghan McCain in the FORMER View host thread. Let's get back on topic, please. 

Sorry! I’m blaming my low blood sugar.

• Love 2

I'm wondering what in the world Sara was thinking when she agreed to this new GMA gig (although I have a feeling she wasn't given a choice).  It reminds me of a rip off of Live with Kelly and Michael and not in a good way.  Didn't last longer than 15 minutes and went to fold laundry which was more interesting.  I can't see this new show lasting for her and it's a shame she has been relegated to such a role.  With the cancellation of The Chew and the resigning of NutMeg and the hiring of Abby, I'm beginning to think the powers to be at ABC have totally lost their minds.

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, Badbea99 said:

I'm wondering what in the world Sara was thinking when she agreed to this new GMA gig (although I have a feeling she wasn't given a choice).  It reminds me of a rip off of Live with Kelly and Michael and not in a good way.  Didn't last longer than 15 minutes and went to fold laundry which was more interesting.  I can't see this new show lasting for her and it's a shame she has been relegated to such a role.  With the cancellation of The Chew and the resigning of NutMeg and the hiring of Abby, I'm beginning to think the powers to be at ABC have totally lost their minds.

I think there are just too many daytime shows of this type on now.  Nothing new anywhere.  Mostly, mind-numbing.  I guess it's a matter of whether or not you like the hosts.    Many years ago, one of our local stations had an afternoon movie.  Much better than the current brain-dead "entertainment".

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Badbea99 said:

I'm wondering what in the world Sara was thinking when she agreed to this new GMA gig (although I have a feeling she wasn't given a choice).  

I don't think so either. When she joined The View, I thought she was there to stay for quite a while because she's friends with Whoopi and clearly a favorite with ABC management/executives, too. She seems like one of those dependable employees who help to create stability and a positive work atmosphere, and ABC's relying on her to help make the third hour of GMA work. They probably put her on The View a couple of years ago for the same reason, considering it was a trainwreck--or more of a trainwreck than usual--at the time. Joy had just come back, but she was the only good thing about it for the first 6 months or so until Sara was brought on, then Sunny, after Candace/Raven/Michelle were exorcised.

• Love 6
On 9/10/2018 at 5:35 PM, TheGreenKnight said:

I don't think so either. When she joined The View, I thought she was there to stay for quite a while because she's friends with Whoopi and clearly a favorite with ABC management/executives, too. She seems like one of those dependable employees who help to create stability and a positive work atmosphere, and ABC's relying on her to help make the third hour of GMA work. They probably put her on The View a couple of years ago for the same reason, considering it was a trainwreck--or more of a trainwreck than usual--at the time. Joy had just come back, but she was the only good thing about it for the first 6 months or so until Sara was brought on, then Sunny, after Candace/Raven/Michelle were exorcised.

Even the promo spots for GMA Day were bad.  I would have liked to see a panel of Sara, Paula and T.J. Holmes. I've always liked the chemistry between Paula and Sara.  Plus, T.J. is a cool and fun guy and not bad on the eyes.   

• Love 5

I like TJ too. He was swept aside on GMA when they hired Strahan. Too bad he and Sara couldn't have been the hosts for the new show.

Sara and Paula had a behind the scenes Facebook show after The View aired and they were funny and entertaining. I hope Paula guests on Sara's new show to promote her podcast that premieres in Oct.

• Love 4