Type keyword(s) to search

Former Hosts: PROFESSIONAL Life After The View

Jaded
  • Start Topic

YAS, YAS, YAS, MedicineCrow!!!!! 

Nicole was fucking awesome! 

I just happened to be home and turned on MSNBC when I was eating lunch.  WOWZERS! 

I fucking loved how Nicole kept interrupting CC to bring him back on point, and/or directly told him that he didn't answer the question, and kept asking specific hard leading questons to keep him sweating.  She countered his "mansplalning"  and  disgusting patronising tone--that he would not have used with a male host--and jerky condenscension.  He was dancing fast and was barely keeping up with her. CC was an A-hole. 

I was not a big fan of Nicole before this, but I hit record on her show--and future shows--  before this interview was over.  

Nicole gave me hope for the future of holding gov responsible, the first amendment,  and women.  I think I'll go replay it now,  and whenever I feel bereft of real progress in the above areas. 

Edited by Tosia
Life got better.
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, Tosia said:

YAS, YAS, YAS, MedicineCrow!!!!! 

Nicole was fucking awesome! 

I just happened to be home and turned on MSNBC when I was eating lunch.  WOWZERS! 

I fucking loved how Nicole kept interrupting CC to bring him back on point, and/or directly told him that he didn't answer the question, and kept asking specific hard leading questons to keep him sweating.  She countered his "mansplalning"  and  disgusting patronising tone--that he would not have used with a male host--and jerky condenscension.  He was dancing fast and was barely keeping up with her. CC was an A-hole. 

I was not a big fan of Nicole before this, but I hit record on her show--and future shows--  before this interview was over.  

Nicole gave me hope for the future of holding gov responsible, the first amendment,  and women.  I think I'll go replay it now,  and whenever I feel bereft of real progress in the above areas. 

Nicole is truly amazing on her show. I love her.  Getting fired from the view was a great thing for her..

• Love 13
20 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Nicole is truly amazing on her show. I love her.  Getting fired from the view was a great thing for her..

You took the words right out of my mouth. I didn't dislike her on "The View" but she is really holding her own on MSNBC. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, lexytheblasian said:

You took the words right out of my mouth. I didn't dislike her on "The View" but she is really holding her own on MSNBC. 

Not only "holding her own", but setting the pace!!!  (I'm so happy for her.)  I've been watching Deadline from the beginning & she's had a few go-rounds with men who were trying to blow smoke ... a joy to behold!!!

• Love 7
14 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

Did anyone see Nicolle Wallace rip Chris Christie a new one?  Awesome!!!

She sure did!  Love her.  

1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

Did she get fired or did she either quit or just not renew her contract.  I find it hard to believe they would have let her go. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Wings said:

She sure did!  Love her.  

Did she get fired or did she either quit or just not renew her contract.  I find it hard to believe they would have let her go. 

She was fired for not knowing anything about pop culture.  I do think that she only pretended to not know anything about the Kardashians.  They are famous for the wrong reasons..

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Apprentice79 said:

She was fired for not knowing anything about pop culture.  I do think that she only pretended to not know anything about the Kardashians.  They are famous for the wrong reasons..

Oh yes, now I remember.  Thanks.  

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, Wings said:

She sure did!  Love her.  

Wings do you by chance know of a clip?  I would LOVE to see that heehhhheeeee

Oops sorry,  posting xover

2 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

Not only "holding her own", but setting the pace!!!  (I'm so happy for her.)  I've been watching Deadline from the beginning & she's had a few go-rounds with men who were trying to blow smoke ... a joy to behold!!!

A joy to behold, indeed! 

2 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I always felt like she was faking it, too. Can't say I blame her though. I wish I didn't know who they are.

Edited by lexytheblasian
  • Love 3

I liked Nicolle when she was being her pundit self.  But when she "pretended" to be stupid or out of touch, I didn't like her.  How many times did she say "I am the mother of a toddler and I don't have time for anything".  Really?  She kept covering up her intelligence.  Why did she think that was necessary?

• Love 4
3 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

I liked Nicolle when she was being her pundit self.  But when she "pretended" to be stupid or out of touch, I didn't like her.  How many times did she say "I am the mother of a toddler and I don't have time for anything".  Really?  She kept covering up her intelligence.  Why did she think that was necessary?

I think Nicole downplayed her intelligence, in order to, not offend Whoopie. Whoopie had nobody to keep her in check. Joy and Barbara were not there.  Nicole saw how Whoopie went after Rosie for displaying her intelligence and knowledge. So, she played dumb, to keep her job, but, it backfired on her.

• Love 7
On 11/13/2017 at 10:35 AM, Medicine Crow said:

Joan went to a private clinic for minor throat surgery.  The procedure had complications and she went into cardiac arrest & died a week later.  There was all kinds of accusations about what happened & I think her daughter is in the middle of a lawsuit.  Just sayin'.

A little correction.  The anisthesia is what killed her right there in the doctor's surgical facility. An ambulance took her to the hospital where they hooked her up to life support in a futile effort because when was already long gone.  

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, Wings said:

A little correction.  The anisthesia is what killed her right there in the doctor's surgical facility. An ambulance took her to the hospital where they hooked her up to life support in a futile effort because when was already long gone.  

You're right ... I stand corrected!!!

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

he was fired for not knowing anything about pop culture.  I do think that she only pretended to not know anything about the Kardashians.  They are famous for the wrong reasons..

Is this a fact?

5 minutes ago, Fannysue said:

Is this a fact?

Yes, on her last day, on the show, she gave a soliloquy that she indeed knew pop culture.. She even referenced the Kardashians and others as well...She did it, as Whoopie, smirked, with satisfaction.. It was her last f-you to the producers that fired her. She had Rosie Perez, on her show, to talk about Puerto Rico and the aftermath of hurricane Maria.  Nicole referenced her firing and even joked about it, good-naturedly,..lol  Rosie was also thrown under the bus, by the producers, as well..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 6

Yep - When Whoopi is not thrilled with a co-host - think Sherry, Raven, both Rosies or  anyone smarter than her (exception Joy) she goes after them, like Sunny and Nicolle. Could be WG's life advice or lifestyle or smarts or theirs .....or those that have it more together than Whoopi herself. Sarah and Joy seem to be teflon.......

• Love 6

I think she also used ignorance to hide her disdain for some topics.  By saying she knew nothing about the Kardashians (or whoever) she was able to opt out of the conversation, or at least throw out how dumb their latest antics were.  It was a way of showing she was above discussing stupid (yes, Whoopi, I said stupid) topics.  I do the same thing.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Haleth said:

I think she also used ignorance to hide her disdain for some topics.  By saying she knew nothing about the Kardashians (or whoever) she was able to opt out of the conversation, or at least throw out how dumb their latest antics were.  It was a way of showing she was above discussing stupid (yes, Whoopi, I said stupid) topics.  I do the same thing.

To be fair, sometimes when Whoopi reads the hot topic and it's stupid, you can kind of tell she thinks it's stupid, too. Sometimes if it's stupid enough, she will literally say nothing during the segment except, "we'll be right back."

She also usually uses that valley girl accent when a hot topic is stupid, especially when it pertains to the Kardashians.

Edited by lexytheblasian
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, maggiemae said:

Yep - When Whoopi is not thrilled with a co-host - think Sherry, Raven, both Rosies or  anyone smarter than her (exception Joy) she goes after them, like Sunny and Nicolle. Could be WG's life advice or lifestyle or smarts or theirs .....or those that have it more together than Whoopi herself. Sarah and Joy seem to be teflon.......

Sara is safe because she's always sucking up to Whoopi. As for Joy? Well, they're close in age... and beyond this show, they are friends. Joy lets whatever criticism Whoopi throws her way, off her back; but you can tell she also sees her as a friend when she helps hype or promote any appearances that Joy will be making on the circuit, or talks about Joy's lasagna. And it was the both of them, who walked out of the interview with that asshat O'Reilly a few years ago. I don't believe either apologized, but Bawawa felt she had to and did so. I'm not saying they're best friends, but there is history and friendship between them. Of course Whoopi's jealousy over the success and popularity of the aftershow with Joy, was obvious, because that got cancelled right after one season, and now sometimes, Whoopi shows up on Fridays as moderator. You know, so PEOPLE will remember SHE is the Moderator of this show.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Haleth said:

I also think that the producers were disappointed that Nicole was a sane Republican.  They want the ones like Elizabeth, who will make sparks and fight with the liberals.  

• Love 7
3 hours ago, rcc said:

I miss the after shows.

Oh so do I!!??

3 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

Oh god, isn't the regular show enough?

Based on your comment, I’m assuming you never watched them. It was off script/behind the scenes sort of thing; they’d talk about what they couldn’t in the show, take questions from the audience. It was only 10 minutes or so.

• Love 5
21 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Oh so do I!!??

Based on your comment, I’m assuming you never watched them. It was off script/behind the scenes sort of thing; they’d talk about what they couldn’t in the show, take questions from the audience. It was only 10 minutes or so.

Sara -h started those, she did it on GMA also, when that Periscope (?) App went viral.  Don't hear about it much anymore.  They would do it on Wendy too

Edited to add, not sure when Today started it, could have been before GMA

Edited by Tammee
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, merriebreeze said:

NYT profile piece on Nicolle Wallace

Her tenure on The View "was not a success." She was too good for the show. Glad she found a venue where she excels. 

I am happy for her.  Bummed that, in her words, she was canned for "not being Republican enough". It makes me wonder if Meghan McCain is being pressured by producers to be The Token Republican, which would explain how we rarely get a nuanced take from her on things.

• Love 3
33 minutes ago, JakeyJokes said:

I am happy for her.  Bummed that, in her words, she was canned for "not being Republican enough". It makes me wonder if Meghan McCain is being pressured by producers to be The Token Republican, which would explain how we rarely get a nuanced take from her on things.

MM has no nuance in her ... she's just dumb!!!

3 hours ago, merriebreeze said:

NYT profile piece on Nicolle Wallace

Her tenure on The View "was not a success." She was too good for the show. Glad she found a venue where she excels. 

Thanks for posting the article.  Very well-written & comprehensive.  I watch her show every day & really enjoy her & her guests, particularly Eugene, The Rev & Schmidt!!!

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

MM has no nuance in her ... she's just dumb!!!

Thanks for posting the article.  Very well-written & comprehensive.  I watch her show every day & really enjoy her & her guests, particularly Eugene, The Rev & Schmidt!!!

I would like Schmidt to get his own show.. I would love to see Moderates get a voice as well and he would fit the bill..

• Love 2

Ha!  I never thought I'd like Steve Schmidt but his absolute loathing of Trump is fun to watch.  I also find I like Michael Steele more than I used to.

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 6

As if there was ever any doubt, here's RO's thoughts on her stint on The View -

why does whoopi hates u so much? why she doesn't want u there? even Star is co-hosting?? 

(RO answers): she did not enjoy me on that show - obviously 

she must have had her reasons 

I had to go

• Love 1

Nicolle just said:

Keep in mind, I was fired from The View for not knowing enough about pop culture. 

Nicolle was the reasonable Republican voice on the show. Meghan is not. Someone really screwed up in firing her, but she's sure excelling in her new gig so maybe it's all good after all. 

• Love 9
35 minutes ago, merriebreeze said:

Nicolle just said:

Nicolle was the reasonable Republican voice on the show. Meghan is not. Someone really screwed up in firing her, but she's sure excelling in her new gig so maybe it's all good after all. 

Yes, I laughed when she said that!!!

• Love 4

Nicolle was a guest on The Rachel Maddow show, tonight. In introducing her, Rachel said, "Nicolle Wallace [blah blah]. She now hosts Deadline: Whitehouse, right here on MSNBC, which is the single, smartest show on cable news, right now."

I'm pretty sure Nicolle blushed. It was cute. Oh, to have her back instead of McMadFace. 

• Love 12

I had an opportunity to see Nicolle Wallace's show on MSNBC regularly the past few weeks and I have to say she is terrific!

If the idiot producers of The View had not forced her into the role of the radical right wing talking bot, maybe she would have succeeded.

Anyway, she is a terrific moderator and asks good questions.

If I had cable I'd watch her pretty regularly, but I don't have cable so.........

• Love 9

For the first time I can remember I had a beef with Nicolle today. She and Steve Schmitt were complaining about how Fox News has become nothing more than a propaganda arm for Trump.  Has become?  They are just waking up to this?  She and Schmitt certainly didn't mind when Fox was a propaganda arm for Bush.  (I must admit I didn't hear the whole conversation since I was messing around in the kitchen.). 

Rosie Perez was on the show talking about the lack of progress in getting Puerto Rico back to fully functional.  It's appalling that there are people who still are without power or clean water.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

For the first time I can remember I had a beef with Nicolle today. She and Steve Schmitt were complaining about how Fox News has become nothing more than a propaganda arm for Trump.  Has become?  They are just waking up to this?  She and Schmitt certainly didn't mind when Fox was a propaganda arm for Bush.  (I must admit I didn't hear the whole conversation since I was messing around in the kitchen.). 

Rosie Perez was on the show talking about the lack of progress in getting Puerto Rico back to fully functional.  It's appalling that there are people who still are without power or clean water.

I'm in agreement with you on Fox, but no one has seen it this severe.  I've always felt that Fox News and their cohorts received a daily email on lockstep talking points.  But it is now crazy insane on the Trump Kool-Aid.  I did think it was great that Nicolle gave Rosie a platform, and called her a "dear friend". 

• Love 4

she said "as Whoopi said ' Melania is a grown-ass woman" something like that. I loved Rosie, and was hoping they would do some View dissing, but i guess they are both too classy...

• Love 3

Perez has to be a class act to go on Nicolle’s show after she and Whoopi mean-girled her on The View.

Speaking of Rosie Perez, I keep meaning to check out Rise, but still haven't got around to it. Has anyone here seen it or would recommend it?

• Love 1

Hi TheGreenKnight...

I have seen Rise and I would recommend it....Rosie is terrific!

There are some problems, but I am willing to go with it for the season........for Rosie and the kids are so terrific...

Give it a shot.

• Love 2

Rise is ok, nothing really special.  I don't usually get around to watching it until several days later.  But every week I'm sorry that Rosie isn't the central character.  She gives a wonderful performance week after week and is more appealing that the star.