Type keyword(s) to search

Former Hosts: PROFESSIONAL Life After The View

Jaded
  • Start Topic

I didn't mind hearing Jed's points of view, but she did the same fast-talking and interrupting others that Meghan does and I notice that Paula does it too more now than when she was on regularly. 

• Love 4
On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 8:42 AM, LIMOM said:

Hum, will she mention her stint on “Survivors”, her styling show on E (which she was actually decent at)?

Perhaps, a book on styling for aspiring young republican women might be more useful.

PS: she can start with MM. She really, really could use the help.

If she was smart she would definitely mention Survivor.  I actually really liked her in her season and she came across as a very sympathetic figure.  That was then . . .

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, ChicagoCita said:

Kind of a former host... once or twice a month. Whoopi must be overjoyed:

Whoopi never saw Paula on Fridays anyway. But during sweeps Whoopi was there on a Friday with Paula sitting next to her. Whoopi said she hadn't seen Paula for a long time and she took Paula's hand and I thought it was sweet and so unlike Whoopi. Now I think it was after Paula's miscarriage and we didn't know it then. They had their disagreements but I really don't think there is any Whoopi hate there for Paula.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, rcc said:

Whoopi never saw Paula on Fridays anyway. But during sweeps Whoopi was there on a Friday with Paula sitting next to her. Whoopi said she hadn't seen Paula for a long time and she took Paula's hand and I thought it was sweet and so unlike Whoopi. Now I think it was after Paula's miscarriage and we didn't know it then. They had their disagreements but I really don't think there is any Whoopi hate there for Paula.

Whoopie bullied Paula and would go after her, whenever she would challenge her. Plus, Paula was not scared of her and took pleasure poking at Whoopie. Rumor has it that it was Whoopie who had her demoted to Fridays. Whoopie lamented Paula's presence loudly for all to hear.  When Paula was told of her demotion, she blamed Whoopie for it..

• Love 5
13 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Whoopie bullied Paula and would go after her, whenever she would challenge her. Plus, Paula was not scared of her and took pleasure poking at Whoopie. Rumor has it that it was Whoopie who had her demoted to Fridays. Whoopie lamented Paula's presence loudly for all to hear.  When Paula was told of her demotion, she blamed Whoopie for it..

That was a story in the Daily Mail, the UK tabloid. Paula called it "yellow journalism" and Whoopi denied having that much power. They weren't buddies but I don't believe there was hate either. And I am in no way a Whoopi apologist. I hate the way she has treated certain people when she didn't get her way with them.

• Love 5
59 minutes ago, rcc said:

That was a story in the Daily Mail, the UK tabloid. Paula called it "yellow journalism" and Whoopi denied having that much power. They weren't buddies but I don't believe there was hate either. And I am in no way a Whoopi apologist. I hate the way she has treated certain people when she didn't get her way with them.

I understand, we will never really know the truth, but, for some reason, I do believe that Whoopie was behind her demotion.

• Love 5

for anyone who missed it, sherri on family feud, her absurd answer about what a woman cop might do to a lover in the bedroom: 

That is some serious misunderstanding of the question, I think.  It seemed to be about kinky role-playing sex, not genital mutilation. 

• Love 4
22 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I understand, we will never really know the truth, but, for some reason, I do believe that Whoopie was behind her demotion.

I do, too. But Paula dealt with everything that happened that season with class--something Whoopi clearly lacks.

• Love 3

I am sooooooooooooooooooooo not a Sherri fan... she brings buffoonery to an all new low... BUT I WILL SAY (tm MM) that Trial and Error is one of the funniest shows I've seen in a long time and Miss "I don't know nothin bout surrogate babies" is pretty good in it.

• Love 5

Yes, I liked Trial and Error. 

And I'm torn.  In that family feud clip - this is the mother of a son with special needs is on a game show talking about cutting off a man's penis.  Not in the sense that the man is a criminal, or doing anything wrong, just gleefully,  "cut it off!"  for no  reason.  How is her son supposed to understand that?  I have zero respect for Sherri.  

But she is good in Trial and Error. 

• Love 2

Paula's last day today and everyone wished her well with champagne with the vacationing Joy calling in. Big hugs from everyone and even with Whoopi. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Gemma Violet said:

Page Six is reporting Sara is leaving the show for Good Morning America.

I'm sorry to hear this. Sara's maternity leave really highlighted her worth to the show, IMO. They need someone who's sweet, and funny, and neutral.

• Love 8

I don't watch GMA, but Michael Strahan and Sara will work great together. That's a perfect choice on ABC's part. Both of them are nice, likable, down-to-earth people. No drama or tension for Sara like on The View or Michael like with Kelly Ripa.

• Love 9
28 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

I also don’t really watch GMA but I think that type of format is better suited for Sara. I’m curious about who her replacement will be. 

Me too.  I bet they add another co-host with a political slant. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I don't watch GMA, but Michael Strahan and Sara will work great together. That's a perfect choice on ABC's part. Both of them are nice, likable, down-to-earth people. No drama or tension for Sara like on The View or Michael like with Kelly Ripa.

Can't stand Michael Strahan, but whatever...   Sara is likeable.

• Love 4
17 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

I'm sorry to hear this. Sara's maternity leave really highlighted her worth to the show, IMO. They need someone who's sweet, and funny, and neutral.

I thought Michele fit that bill.  I loved the fact that she was navigating life as a single woman who was not a size 2.  I know that her jokes were a bit stale, but, she was likeable. 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I thought Michele fit that bill.  I loved the fact that she was navigating life as a single woman who was not a size 2.  I know that her jokes were a bit stale, but, she was likeable. 

Michelle took quite a while to grow on me and to find her own at the table, but by the time she did, she was let go. I thought she was like Sara, too, except with more of a personality.

I really never expected Sara to go anywhere, considering she's a long-time ABC employee and close with Whoopi. But I guess the fact that she is a faithful employee is why they're entrusting the third hour of GMA to her, since they'll need someone dependable and drama-free to fill the void of The Chew. I didn't watch The Chew, but quite a lot of people were upset by its cancellation.

I'd put Sara on the better half of The View's long list of co-hosts and although the past few months she annoyed me with her attempts to cater to McCain (which I know was really just her trying to help ABC because those screaming tantrums Meh-gun delivers are not a good thing for this show or the network), I wish her well.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I'd put Sara on the better half of The View's long list of co-hosts and although the past few months she annoyed me with her attempts to cater to McCain (which I know was really just her trying to help ABC because those screaming tantrums Meh-gun delivers are not a good thing for this show or the network), I wish her well.

I quite liked her, for the most part.  I wonder if she asked to go.  I know, I would!

• Love 5

Nicole Wallace is doing pretty well on MSNBC.  Tonight she subbed for Rachel Maddow, on Rachel's show, and did a good job.  I think this is probably a big deal for Nicole, as Rachel Maddow is one of the major stars of MSNBC. 

• Love 12
Just now, ChicagoCita said:

Sherri will be on To Tell The Truth on Sunday evening. She's making the rounds of the ABC summer game show reboots.

No one can say Sherri doesn't keep her shoulder to the grindstone (if that's the adage ... LOL).

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

No one can say Sherri doesn't keep her shoulder to the grindstone (if that's the adage ... LOL).

I think it’s nose, but you’re right about Sherri!

• Love 3

I am enjoying Raven on Raven's Home.  It's a fun show for everyone in the family.  When I have the little ones over we always watch it.  It just goes to show that people can fail when placed in the wrong job.  I was rummaging through Hulu today and found a movie called Revenge of the Bridesmaids starring Raven-Symone, it was cute and fun.

I set my alarm to catch Nicolle Wallace on MSNBC.  She is really good.  She was too good for The View.

Edited by jumper sage
  • Love 5

Really - so many co-hosts were not particularly popular but landed back where they belonged in the first place - Sherri, Raven, CCB - and Nicolle soared after dismissed. I'm thinking MM will end up like Elisabeth - no where to go. (I know EH went to FOX but she never excelled there.)

• Love 9
7 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

Sherri will be on To Tell The Truth on Sunday evening. She's making the rounds of the ABC summer game show reboots.

Let's hope she doesn't say anything as vile as she did on Family Feud.  The girl has no filter! 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, maggiemae said:

I'm thinking MM will end up like Elisabeth - no where to go. (I know EH went to FOX but she never excelled there.)

It's just that they both lack humor, and have nothing to say.  LOL

• Love 4
1 hour ago, WarnerCL45 said:

It's just that they both lack humor, and have nothing to say.  LOL

They don't believe what they are espousing, it is why they get flustered when they are asked to defend their beliefs. Elizabeth would get nasty when she was asked a direct question about conservatism. She had Bill Geddie feeding her talking points through her ear piece.

Megan feels threatened by conservatives like Tara and Anna because they are true Republicans who can think for themselves, who have worked on behalf of their party and will disagree with their party. Megan will cite her dubious statistics from her blue cards like they are verses from the Bible. 

Megan and Elizabeth are frauds..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

They don't believe what they are espousing, it is why they get flustered when they are asked to defend their beliefs. Elizabeth would get nasty when she was asked a direct question about conservatism. She had Bill Geddie feeding her talking points through her ear piece.

Megan feels threatened by conservatives like Tara and Anna because they are true Republicans who can think for themselves, who have worked on behalf of their party and will disagree with their party. Megan will cite her dubious statistics from her blue cards like they are verses from the Bible. 

Megan and Elizabeth are frauds..

Meghan and Elisabeth both just want to win.  They don't care if people are hurt by the policies their team puts in place.   Both selfish spoiled white women of privilege.

I remember Elisabeth once saying she knew what it was like to struggle because she had to use COBRA insurance once in between jobs.   Oh the horror she must have felt. 

Edited by blondiec0332
  • Love 7