Type keyword(s) to search

Former Hosts: PROFESSIONAL Life After The View

Jaded
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

I'm not sure exactly where this comment should go, but isn't it funny how no one, no one, on The View is talking about Barbara Walters' "exclusive interview" with Syria's Basher al Assad

Gagged.png

• Love 1

Barbara Walters is like the Devil in Sympathy for the Devil. I think she alluded to Castro wanting to sleep with her or some other nonsense. In the article I linked to in the other forum, she's yukking it up with Trump. The bottom line is - Baba worships power. And money. And very often the people with a lot of power and/or money are not the nicest or best people in the world.

• Love 12

Very little news about Barbara ... not a great sign.  Even her good friend Cindy Adams has not mentioned her in quite some time  - they often travelled together on vacations and went out and about in NYC together and Adams would include it in her New York Post column.  

Edited by CathinAZ
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, CathinAZ said:

Very little news about Barbara ... not a great sign.  Even her good friend Cindy Adams has not mentioned her in quite some time  

Joy said a few weeks ago that she was going to get together with 
Barbara but didn't mention it since then.

On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 10:21 PM, Former Nun said:

Well...there were too many articles about her bullying behavior behind the scenes for me to agree.  Her short association with McCall's (Rosie's McCall's) is but one example.

I was speaking about Rosie's behavior on the actual show. Was the McCall's deal when she said something about liar's getting cancer? 

• Love 1

Ok, I will be the first to broach the subject of Sherri's new sitcom Trial and Error.  I like the show.  It's fun, funny and not deep.  I like a good sitcom that just makes you smile.  I do think that people swerve out of their lane and crash and burn.  I like this for Sherri.

• Love 3

There have been a few lines Sherri has had that make me think of the Sherri I don't care for. The show is pretty good though, yup even Sherri. I have laughed out loud a couple of times so, that's a good thing.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Jpxfactor said:

Not watching cause I can't stand sherri

I tried watching and got through 2 episodes and that was it.  Sherry was a large part of my departure.  

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

John Lithgow does it for me.  Whether he is playing a prime minister or an absent minded professor I am all in.  I have always liked Sherri when she was in sitcoms.  Everyone Loves Raymond and that show on TVLand......

I agree with @babyhouseman.

Yes, Lithgow was the main draw for me. I loved him in 3rd Rock from the Sun. Sherri was pretty good in a small role on 30 Rock. 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

Nicolle Wallace sitting in for Brian Williams tonight.  She looks gorgeous & sounds so good!!!

She is at her best on that show. She is intelligent, cogent, eloquent and fair.  I love her even more for being a Never Trumper. The view was a fool to have let her go. MSNBC should have given her the 6pm slot, instead, of giving it to that unfortunate looking Greta Van Susteren. Sorry, not Sorry..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

The view was a fool to have let her go.

No, they made the right decision.  The View wasn't a good fit for NW.  I liked her and I liked her take on things political, but she wasn't great on the pop culture/light-hearted topics.  Granted she was 100 times better than 3 current hosts (Whoop, Paula and Jed), but The View wasn't where she belonged.  MSNBC is, for the most part, she hasn't been on Morning Joe since Mika was a total asshole to her post 2016 election.

• Love 6

I accidentally (really!) clicked on the description to today's Dr. Oz show and saw that Sheri is on his show today (Apr 26): "Sherri Shepherd talks about the disease she won't let destroy her"

1 hour ago, buffynut said:

I accidentally (really!) clicked on the description to today's Dr. Oz show and saw that Sheri is on his show today (Apr 26): "Sherri Shepherd talks about the disease she won't let destroy her"

Let me preface this by saying I am in no way making light of diabetes which is what disease I assume Sherri will be talking about.  Sherri has diabetes and she is continuing to live her life.  Ok.  Millions of other people do the same thing.

• Love 2

Nicolle is sitting in for Brian again tonight & is doing a STELLAR job!!!  You go girl!!

I saw a little of her and agree, she is so much better than Brian Williams, who in addition to being a fabulist who should never be on a news program again, has a pompous Ted Baxter persona, and cheered on the bombing of another country a few weeks ago. 

I have had issues with Nicolle with her peddling of Palin while knowing how dangerously ignorant she was. That is what it is. But she is doing well on this show and I kinda wish MSNBC would give it to her for good.

• Love 2
(edited)

Yikes, Sherry looks a mess and she has gained all of that weight back and them some.. To quote Tyra Banks, she is a no neck monster...I saw her on the real and she is still going on and on about Jeffrey being girl crazy.  I remember how much she feared that he would be gay. Yet, she always claimed that she was not a homophobe. Whatever! 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4

She also appears with Brian Williams on The Eleventh Hour, weeknights at 11pm EDT on MSNBC.  I'm seldom up that late, so not sure whether she's a regular or just a guest, but she seems to be there often.  I think she does a good job & is better with political news shows than she was on The View (probably much happier too).

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, 3pwood said:

She also appears with Brian Williams on The Eleventh Hour, weeknights at 11pm EDT on MSNBC.  I'm seldom up that late, so not sure whether she's a regular or just a guest, but she seems to be there often.  I think she does a good job & is better with political news shows than she was on The View (probably much happier too).

She's also hosted his show many times & that's probably why they gave her a new show of her own.

• Love 1

I am glad to hear this although that show conflicts with The Lead with Jake Tapper and I love me some Jake Tapper!! I was so hopeful when Nicole came to The View and then she pretended to be stupid about some things.  I like her in almost everything but her performances on The View.

• Love 3

Over the weekend I rewatched Game Change (the movie about the McCain presidential campaign).  I do not know how Nicolle kept her cool with Sarah Palin.  And she definitely gets points for admitting she didn't vote for McCain simply because she knew Palin was supremely unqualified to even be close to the Oval Office.

I haven't followed her lately but as one of the very few Republican talking heads that hasn't fell in line behind Trump I say good for her.

• Love 9

I remember when Nicolle started on The View ... we were all a-twitter about how smart & pretty she was, with emphasis on her teeth & hair.  Roger from Ohio tweeted her to find out what product she used to keep her hair in place & looking so beautiful & she responded on air that "it freaked her out".  I'm SO friggin' impressed with how she handles herself with a panel ... GAWD ... she makes me proud to be a woman!!!

• Love 2
(edited)

Actually I am still looking for a good hairspray at 70 and I've spent the bucks to find one.......come on Nicole - let us know, perhaps on facebook or a tweet.

Always loved Roger and taking one for the team way back then!

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 3
(edited)

So agree Medicine Crow - Wallace is in her true element now. And so beyond Hasselbeck or Jediblahblah even back then.

I heard her say today that she was never sent out to lie to the press under GW. 

Unfortunately she is opposite Tapper but I still see her elsewhere on MSNBC or NBC. 

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 2