Type keyword(s) to search

Former Hosts: PROFESSIONAL Life After The View

Jaded
  • Start Topic

20 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I like Candace, until she says stuff like that.

I don't like her period but when she says stuff like that it just reinforces my dislike.  She didn't have to say that.  She could have talked about her new channel without telling people they were not (to put it mildly) going to feature movies that were inclusive.  She was talking to her fans and letting them know how she really feels.

• Like 2
  • Love 6
On 11/15/2022 at 11:15 AM, bluegirl147 said:

I don't like her period but when she says stuff like that it just reinforces my dislike.  She didn't have to say that.  She could have talked about her new channel without telling people they were not (to put it mildly) going to feature movies that were inclusive.  She was talking to her fans and letting them know how she really feels.

I looked up Candace Cameron gay marriage and found the gay bakery debate with Raven. I posted that in another thread. 

I also stumbled upon this. Even Elisabeth sounds cooler than Candace on this issue, and this is from awhile ago at this point. 

Tara was on Nicolle's show the other day.  Maybe I'd forgotten but I didn't realize she's working for the Lincoln Project.  

I guess the producers aren't inviting guest hosts to sit on the panel anymore.  Even knowing Whoopi was going to be out all week they went with 4 instead of asking someone like Tara to fill a seat.

Edited by Haleth
On 11/15/2022 at 11:50 AM, RealHousewife said:

I like Candace, until she says stuff like that. What will she or Kirk do if one of them has a gay child?

I don't understand the outrage online to be honest because Candace has always been against same sex relationships and has never hid it. I would rather someone be honest about their prejudice than pretend to be someone that they are not because a hypocrite is dangerous.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
4 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

I don't understand the outrage online to be honest because Candace has always been against same sex relationships and has never hid it. I would rather someone be honest about their prejudice than pretend to be someone that they are not because a hypocrite is dangerous.

True. I didn't watch The View as much when she was on. I did see the clip regarding the baker, but I wondered if maybe she just felt bad about the amount of money or was against an eye for an eye. I never thought she would be a strong gay ally, but I guess I thought she would be more accepting than Kirk. 

Just now, RealHousewife said:

True. I didn't watch The View as much when she was on. I did see the clip regarding the baker, but I wondered if maybe she just felt bad about the amount of money or was against an eye for an eye. I never thought she would be a strong gay ally, but I guess I thought she would be more accepting than Kirk. 

Kirk is crazy and scary though. I never got that vibe from Candace even though I don't agree with her views..

• Applause 1
  • Useful 1
Just now, Pearson80 said:

Kirk is crazy and scary though. I never got that vibe from Candace even though I don't agree with her views..

I think she's better at hiding it since she still has an actual acting career doing those movies, selling stuff to sell on home shopping channels and "curating" a network. Kirk went full force mask off willing to kill people in a pandemic looney toons. In the 2000's  I would half watch episodes of Growing Pains sometimes on one of those channels and I'd wonder how many people actually envisioned the guy who played Mike Seaver to turn into what he has.

What's kind of sad to think about is Candace didn't have to end up like they did since they weren't raised by their parents that way well not until she was 12. Candance told a story on the The View once and said it was "a family friend" introduced them all I guess to the evangelical kind of stuff they believe in now. Kirk was actually an atheist at one time. 

From what I can find online that's more recent she's saying her family started going to church because her parents marriage was supposedly in trouble.

• Useful 2

I think part of the backlash against Candace is they way she commercialized her own well known views.  She left Hallmark because she found the management (and content?) in conflict with her beliefs, and created a whole new channel that will focus completely on "Christian values."  (Good luck finding commercial sponsors.)  It remains to be seen how exclusive the content is, but her comments suggest that the movies will lack diversity.  She is, in effect, cancelling anyone who does not hold her religious beliefs.

• Applause 1
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, Haleth said:

She is, in effect, cancelling anyone who does not hold her religious beliefs.

Another part of the reason people are fed up with her is that she is using that same tired rallying cry of "we need a place to express our own views because we're not welcome elsewhere".  Which is crap.  She is coming from the vantage point of being white christian and heterosexual but she's acting like an oppressed minority?  Oh please.

• Like 1
  • Applause 8
2 hours ago, Elizabeth Anne said:

Another part of the reason people are fed up with her is that she is using that same tired rallying cry of "we need a place to express our own views because we're not welcome elsewhere".  Which is crap.  She is coming from the vantage point of being white christian and heterosexual but she's acting like an oppressed minority?  Oh please.

Thank you!

If this were simply a foot-in-mouth thing, I'd cut her slack as a straight cisgendered woman who just does my best to be compassionate and understanding. For example, I'd understand if writing stories based on a man and woman came easier to her. To make a point to exclude same-sex couples is yucky. She is just not supportive of the gay community and wants sympathy because it's not cool to be a bigot anymore. It's the whole "when you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression." 

A wealthy, white straight cisgendered Christian woman in America feels oppressed? Give me a break Candace. That reminds me of Meghan feeling oppressed for being a conservative despite being one of the most privileged women in the whole damn country.

• Like 1
  • Applause 10
  • Love 4

Candace wants to be able to have her beliefs without anyone criticizing them.  I'm sure she thinks anyone not championing her "traditional" family movies is being intolerant.  Meanwhile she is alienating an audience who has no problem watching movies that aren't deliberately excluding characters that aren't straight.  I can't imagine anyone who doesn't share Candace's views will want to watch her new network.   And she has only herself to blame for that.

• Applause 5
1 minute ago, bluegirl147 said:

Candace wants to be able to have her beliefs without anyone criticizing them.  I'm sure she thinks anyone not championing her "traditional" family movies is being intolerant.  Meanwhile she is alienating an audience who has no problem watching movies that aren't deliberately excluding characters that aren't straight.  I can't imagine anyone who doesn't share Candace's views will want to watch her new network.   And she has only herself to blame for that.

That's exactly it! We're the bad guys for not tolerating her intolerance. 

• Applause 4
  • Love 3

Meghan McCain Is Launching Her Own Production Company and Podcast 

https://variety.com/2023/politics/news/meghan-mccain-production-company-podcast-1235754826/

I thought this part was funny:

“This is so superficial,” McCain says when asked why she does not miss being on television every day. “My hair and skin were so thrashed because I wore hair extensions, and bleached my hair and had to wear full camera face makeup every day. Just the idea of having to get my hair wrecked and my face wrecked again is reason enough for me not to miss television.”

With a laugh, she exudes a sense of calm: “My hair looks so good now. My skin looks so good.”

No one forced her to wear those elaborate hair styles with the extensions.  She could have picked one style that was easy on her hair and stuck with it.

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1

Why Meghan McCain continues to flail

Leaving "The View" has left McCain out of the conversation. Platforming an idiotic con man won't bring her back in

https://www.salon.com/2023/10/27/meghan-mccain-podcast-fail-george-santos/

“You're such a fascinating person,” she gushes as she launches into their 61-minute time suck. “One of the things though, is. . . . I feel like there's a lot of misconceptions about you and people don't really know you.”

Could that be due to, I don't know, all the aliases, alleged identity theft and lying – so much lying? Who knows? McCain takes his statements at face value because why wouldn’t she? The two are simpatico.

Being that our collective disdain for Santos is a bipartisan issue, it doesn’t matter that most people have made up their minds about him. Still, you have questions, right? Questions that probably don’t include the man’s skin care regimen.

Predictably this was McCain’s first area of interest, along with delving into his sweater vest collection. “You have beautiful skin,” she coos, prompting him to share that he uses La Mer moisturizer, has been getting Botox treatments since he was 25

On Tuesday, the day Santos’ episode of McCain’s podcast dropped, nary a peep about it registered on X, the platform formerly known as Twitter where her name used to trend regularly. Maybe everyone who used to look for her missed the memo about this perspective-altering discourse. It’s more likely that the larger audience removed itself from that group chat for a reason and has no intention of opening that door again.

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Like 1
  • LOL 2

From tonight's latest episode of Family Guy:

Peter and Lois are watching The View.

Whoopi:  Welcome to The View.  Today we're talking about mansplaining.  Megan McCain, you go first.

Peter:  I thought Megan McCain quit

Lois:  Oh, yeah, she did.  They replaced her with a dozen feral cats in a quinceanera dress and no one can tell the difference.

• LOL 8

She should really find another hobby other than trashing her former coworkers.  That said, she's not wrong in her comments.  They are pretty much elitists (except Sara) and don't like to discuss anything that looks bad on Biden.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

They are pretty much elitists (except Sara)

But coming from Meghan who was born with a silver spoon in her mouth is ridiculous.  Whoopi, Joy, Sunny (don't know if this was when Sara came back) did not grow up with the advantages Meghan had. And all three of those women did work to get to where they are at. Meghan cannot say the same thing. 

• Like 13
  • Applause 1

Yes, she's a trust fund baby who grew up with more wealth and privilege than all the other hosts combined. On the show she would routinely go against Joy and the others when they advocated for things like social safety nets and universal healthcare. It's pure delusion on her part to think she was some kind of voice for the working class at that table.

• Like 12
  • Applause 1
On 4/11/2024 at 5:40 AM, atomic said:

Yes, she's a trust fund baby who grew up with more wealth and privilege than all the other hosts combined. On the show she would routinely go against Joy and the others when they advocated for things like social safety nets and universal healthcare. It's pure delusion on her part to think she was some kind of voice for the working class at that table.

Or as the kids are calling it, nepo baby :).  Does she have the chops to make it without her last name?  Nope.  

• Like 6
3 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Or as the kids are calling it, nepo baby :).  Does she have the chops to make it without her last name?  Nope.  

In fairness to MM she isn't exactly killing it with the last name.

• Like 2
  • Wink 1
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 2

I just realized that Megan must have lost her gig with the Daily Mail.  She used to write an article for them at least every couple of weeks.  I don't remember seeing an article by her in quite a while.  I guess all she's got now is her podcast, which she promotes daily on her Instagram.  Her IG is all podcast, podcast, podcast.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
21 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

I just realized that Megan must have lost her gig with the Daily Mail.  She used to write an article for them at least every couple of weeks.  I don't remember seeing an article by her in quite a while.  I guess all she's got now is her podcast, which she promotes daily on her Instagram.  Her IG is all podcast, podcast, podcast.

It looks like her last article was over a year ago. Hmm. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1