Type keyword(s) to search

Former Hosts: PROFESSIONAL Life After The View

Jaded
  • Start Topic

11 hours ago, maggiemae said:

So agree Medicine Crow - Wallace is in her true element now. And so beyond Hasselbeck or Jediblahblah even back then.

I heard her say today that she was never sent out to lie to the press under GW. 

Unfortunately she is opposite Tapper but I still see her elsewhere on MSNBC or NBC. 

Right.  I'm going to record Nicole and watch that yummy and smart Jake Tapper.

• Love 2

I didn't either Medicine Crow.....but I believe her because there certainly wasn't this kind of chaos and confusion under GW and his team seemed to be unified on their message, like it or not.

• Love 2

I've been watching Nicole's show nearly every day.  She is so at ease when talking with people of substance. Very informative and thought provocative. 

• Love 8
23 hours ago, Haleth said:

I've been watching Nicole's show nearly every day.  She is so at ease when talking with people of substance. Very informative and thought provocative. 

There's some chatter regarding MSNBC moving Chuck Hayes out of his 8:00 p.m. time slot b/c his ratings aren't hitting the mark.  I'd love to see them give Nicolle that slot as a lead-in to Rachel Maddow...that would be sweet for both of them.

• Love 7
21 hours ago, Tunia said:

There's some chatter regarding MSNBC moving Chuck Hayes out of his 8:00 p.m. time slot b/c his ratings aren't hitting the mark.  I'd love to see them give Nicolle that slot as a lead-in to Rachel Maddow...that would be sweet for both of them.

I think you mean Chris Hayes ... Chuck Todd's show leads into Greta's show.

I mentioned elsewhere that I noticed Chris wasn't his usual bubbly self when handing over to Rachel last night & she seemed less enthusiastic saying "Thank you my friend".  I wonder if there's some jealousy there??!!

• Love 1
(edited)

I doubt it Medicine Crow. IIRC - it was Maddow that had him on her show all the time and he finally got a show of his own. And were fast friends too. IMO his show is okay although up against Cooper (here). But if the rumors are true I can see how they would both feel very badly about this. Although Rachel could very well rate better than Cooper. I really like him but am tired of his guests and the number of them constantly talking over each other. With the exception of Ana Navarro. But Hayleigh, Paris, and Lord really need to be gone. 

OTOH - perhaps they can back him up to Greta's slot - and that would be fine with me and he'd be home for dinner.

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, maggiemae said:

I doubt it Medicine Crow. IIRC - it was Maddow that had him on her show all the time and he finally got a show of his own. And were fast friends too. IMO his show is okay although up against Cooper (here). But if the rumors are true I can see how they would both feel very badly about this. Although Rachel could very well rate better than Cooper. I really like him but am tired of his guests and the number of them constantly talking over each other. With the exception of Ana Navarro. But Hayleigh, Paris, and Lord really need to be gone. 

OTOH - perhaps they can back him up to Greta's slot - and that would be fine with me and he'd be home for dinner.

Okay, so it was just me reading an interaction wrong ... not the first time.  Thanks Mags!!!

• Love 1

Wow, I wonder when that offer was made ... Was there actually a point when they didn't hate each other's guts, or was The Donald so desperate for ratings that he would have his arch nemesis on the show?  

I'm glad Rosie wasn't foolish enough to accept the offer.  I am sure he would have only done his best to provoke and humiliate her.  Because he is a disgusting piece of shit like that. 

• Love 12

I'm glad Rosie wasn't foolish enough to accept the offer.

That's the beauty of having f*** you money: you don't have to lower yourself to make a living.

• Love 5
On 4/1/2017 at 8:48 PM, susieq147 said:

Candice and her ilk are all so quick to hang themselves on that figurative cross.  Oh woe is me.  I'm being persecuted for loving jesus and blah blah blah.

I love how she assumes it's her Christianity and not who she is as a person that people don't like. 

• Love 9
On 7/13/2017 at 9:18 PM, Celia Rubenstein said:

Wow, I wonder when that offer was made ... Was there actually a point when they didn't hate each other's guts, or was The Donald so desperate for ratings that he would have his arch nemesis on the show?  

I'm glad Rosie wasn't foolish enough to accept the offer.  I am sure he would have only done his best to provoke and humiliate her.  Because he is a disgusting piece of shit like that. 

I vaguely remembered him wanting her to be on The Apprentice, so I Googled and found this People article from 2007.  I remember wondering how he could ever expect her to accept after all the comments he made to the press about her. 

http://people.com/celebrity/donald-trump-i-want-rosie-for-the-apprentice/

• Love 1
3 hours ago, buffynut said:

I vaguely remembered him wanting her to be on The Apprentice, so I Googled and found this People article from 2007.  I remember wondering how he could ever expect her to accept after all the comments he made to the press about her. 

http://people.com/celebrity/donald-trump-i-want-rosie-for-the-apprentice/

Probably he thinks she would do it for the money because to him that is the most important thing in the world.

• Love 5

What a difference a good hair stylist makes! Nicolle looks great on The Today Show (and Morning Joe sometimes) with straight blown out hair, but on her own show, someone goes crazy with the curling iron.  She's still killing it at 4 pm EDT on MSNBC no matter the hair. 

P.S. Interesting. She just said "as a former Republican" Granted, she maybe left off "spokesperson" unintentionally. 

Edited by merriebreeze
  • Love 3

Apparently Michelle Collins has been co-hosting a show on the Lifetime TV channel called Date Night Live.

From what I gathered after reading the posts on the show's FB page and Lifetime's it's a disaster and has aired 3 episodes since the end of July as of last night. It's on Thursday nights. I didn't see it in the online guide until later.

• Love 1

August 11, 2017:  In asking the panel about the morals of politicians having affairs, especially if they are married, on the throwback show to August 11, the first show when they began more than 20 yrs ago, Barbara Walters was being a hypocrite. She didn't mention that she herself had an affair with Edward Brooke, a married US senator from Massachusetts, in the 1970's. Barbara took a poll from her View audience to find out if the constituents cared if their representative was involved in adultery, but she didn't mention her own role of the past.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Barbara took a poll from her View audience to find out if the constituents cared if their representative was involved in adultery, but she didn't mention her own role of the past.

I'm not a huge fan of Barbara's, but why would she have to mention her own experience?  She was asking the audience if they cared that their representative was involved in adultery.  That has nothing to do with her, it has to do with the representative.

Edited by sugarbaker design
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

I'm not a huge fan of Barbara's, but why would she have to mention her own experience?  She was asking the audience if they cared that their representative was involved in adultery.  That has nothing to do with her, it has to do with the representative.

IIRC, she didn't speak about it until her memoir, "Audition", which was circa 2009.

25 minutes ago, JakeyJokes said:

IIRC, she didn't speak about it until her memoir, "Audition", which was circa 2009.

I was pointing out that Barbara deliberately asked her View audience whether they would vote regarding their feelings about politicians who were involved in adultery--would the audience consider those politicians untrustworthy or low in character, or would they dismiss the information as something they would overlook in a politician. If she did not reveal her own role as an adulterer with a politician, Edward Brooke Senator of Massachusetts until 2009, she still knew privately about her adultery with Brooke when she was asking the View audience to render their opinions on this show. I think she shouldn't have asked the question or brought up the topic if she wasn't ready to reveal her ulterior motive for bringing it up. So I call her a hypocrite ("a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, especially one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements").

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

So I call her a hypocrite ("a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, especially one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements").

I think we all know what a hypocrite is.  Did Barbara give her opinion on philandering politicians or did she play neutral like she always did?  If she didn't give her opinion she isn't a hypocrite, she was only asking a question.

• Love 3
Just now, sugarbaker design said:

Did Barbara give her opinion on philandering politicians or did she play neutral like she always did?  If she didn't give her opinion she isn't a hypocrite, she was only asking a question.

Strictly speaking, she was just bringing up the topic by asking a question. But in her heart she knew she was trying to find out if her affair with Brooke would hurt her reputation or his if it came out as public knowledge. She was probably debating in her own heart whether she should admit the affair in her memoir that she was planning or writing. So I feel she was not being totally honest and above-board. She was manipulating the audience, and we only found out all these years later.

12 hours ago, Jaded said:

Apparently Michelle Collins has been co-hosting a show on the Lifetime TV channel called Date Night Live.

From what I gathered after reading the posts on the show's FB page and Lifetime's it's a disaster and has aired 3 episodes since the end of July as of last night. It's on Thursday nights. I didn't see it in the online guide until later.

I watch TV shows for surveys sometimes, and I had to watch this one. I didn't realize MC was in it until she was on the screen. I didn't care for it, but I don't like dating shows anyway. She cracked a few OK jokes, but I can't see the show lasting long. Who knows?

I don't know if this has come out before but Nicole Wallace stated on her show yesterday that she voted for Hillary.  I love her show.  She is so much more at home talking with grown ups who don't ague over each other or monopolize the conversation. 

• Love 17

Kudos to Nicole Wallace on Deadline - on fire today telling Pence's former spokesman to get over to Fox with his propaganda, that she'd give him a referral.  Finally a conservative I can respect (Nicole, that is!)  Why (other than her nutso claim that she didn't quite know where Malibu is) couldn't the View PTB leave her on their panel??

• Love 6

Yes - here's an article about Nicole Wallace being brilliant: 

Reporter smacks down Trump apologist’s Russia lies: “Go peddle your propaganda” on Fox

Responsible journalists are finally catching on and out of patience for the GOP’s excuses, as MSNBC’s Nicolle Wallace made clear when former Mike Pence press secretary Marc Lotter tried to lie that there was no evidence of Russian collusion.

“Why can’t you say that it’s possible that collusion took place?” Wallace asked. “It’s probably going to end up that they tried and were incompetent colluders, but if it’s not a crime, why is it such a raw nerve for you guys?”

Lotter tried to dodge the question, insisting that the media has not covered the story of who paid for the infamous dossier.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, telemachus2 said:

Kudos to Nicole Wallace on Deadline - on fire today telling Pence's former spokesman to get over to Fox with his propaganda, that she'd give him a referral.  Finally a conservative I can respect (Nicole, that is!)  Why (other than her nutso claim that she didn't quite know where Malibu is) couldn't the View PTB leave her on their panel??

I know!  That was great!  I stood up and gave her a round of applause when she said he could peddle his propaganda at Fox.

• Love 8