Type keyword(s) to search

Former Hosts: PROFESSIONAL Life After The View

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Every time I log onto this site, this photo comes up at the bottom of the page, with the caption, "The REAL reason you don't hear from Elizabeth Hasselbeck any more."  

And each time, it makes me laugh. 

I don't know the reason, it's a clickbait site, I'm sure it would take at least 30 "clicks" to find out something lame like she's spending more time with her kids, or writing a book, or whatever -  it just amused me that she's off the show, but still on the bottom of the page. 

image.png.6f5beb44ba1962ea2451e4f96febd56b.png

Edited by backformore
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, backformore said:

Every time I log onto this site, this photo comes up at the bottom of the page, with the caption, "The REAL reason you don't hear from Elizabeth Hasselbeck any more."  

I don't know the reason, it's a clickbait site, I'm sure it would take at least 30 "clicks" to find out something lame like she's spending more time with her kids, or writing a book, or whatever -  it just amused me that she's off the show, but still on the bottom of the page. 

How funny you mention that, backformore.  The same happens to me, and - though I didn't fall for the click-bait - it did inspire me to google EH to see what she's been up to.  It's pretty much what you'd expect - lots of stuff with the kids, but apparently she's also been doing a lot of mission work in Haiti along with daughter Grace.  At least she's not on my TV anymore...YAY!

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, Jaded said:

Noooooo!   ??  My granddaughters seem to like it, but they are preteens.

25 minutes ago, Tunia said:

How funny you mention that, backformore.  The same happens to me, and - though I didn't fall for the click-bait - it did inspire me to google EH to see what she's been up to.  It's pretty much what you'd expect - lots of stuff with the kids, but apparently she's also been doing a lot of mission work in Haiti along with daughter Grace.  At least she's not on my TV anymore...YAY!

Mission work?   Poor Haitians!

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Tanichka said:

Mission work?   Poor Haitians!

Here's an Instagram posting showing her daughter.  They apparently volunteer with a group called "Danitas Children".  Grace looks lovely and has finally outgrown those massive hairbows that EH used to inflict upon her.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Haleth said:

Wow!  She has certainly grown up!

Grace is 13 already!  We sometimes forget how quickly time goes by.  Here's a reminder from a random website:

Elisabeth and her husband have been blessed with three kids, a daughter, and two sons. The couples first child, Grace Elisabeth was born in the year 2005 while her siblings, Taylor Thomas and Isaiah Timothy were born in 2007 and 2009 respectively.

https://heightline.com/elisabeth-hasselbeck-husband-tim-kids/

• Love 1
9 hours ago, backformore said:

I fell for the click-bait a while ago.  It reviews her career from Survivor to the View to Fox to CBO to her Gluten merchandise.  Nothing new.  They did mention some show she is on but it might online or on some obscure channel.

• Love 2

She screwed up a little - "KSM" instead of MBS and when the indictments come down in September - but overall very good. Impassioned, sincere and gracious. She's a big fan of Steve Schmidt (me, too).

Her hair looks good, too.

Edited by merriebreeze
  • Love 6

rosie was great with Nicolle and the panel.  Also, been listening to Michelle Collins sirius xm show in the car and it is good.  Rapid fire talking, but, I'm getting used to it and she has a very diverse guest list.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, lookeyloo said:

rosie was great with Nicolle and the panel.  Also, been listening to Michelle Collins sirius xm show in the car and it is good.  Rapid fire talking, but, I'm getting used to it and she has a very diverse guest list.

A lot of former cohosts leave the View and have better careers afterward.  And then there is Elisabeth.

• Love 18
2 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

Jed was on that show a few weeks ago as well. Michelle Collins show! Very similar to like her appearance on The View.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, TheViewFirst1 said:

Jed was on that show a few weeks ago as well. Michelle Collins show! Very similar to like her appearance on The View.

They should have kept Michelle, a thirty something single woman navigating life in New York city. She had no kids while everybody is married or has been.  She would have brought a fresh perspective on things. I never got any impression on how she votes. 

• Love 12
10 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

She looked nice and professional.  I had never seen Nicolle before & don't quite get the love for her.  She seemed very screechy.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Tanichka said:

She looked nice and professional.  I had never seen Nicolle before & don't quite get the love for her.  She seemed very screechy.

Only when she get wound up about something.  Generally, her voice is well-modulated.

• Love 4

Paula Faris did a great job on Nightline last week, as she went to Texas to interview Ted Cruz, Beto O'Rourke and their supporters. She comes across as very sweet and disarming, but she's a damn good journalist. At one point, Cruz tried to deflect a question and she said, without ever losing her smile, "So you're not really gonna answer that?"

• Love 12

I was off yesterday and watched Sarah's GMA show.  OMG, its just horrible, a complete and total rip off of Kelly Ripa, does Sarah realize they only hired her to sit with Michael so it would look like the LIVE show, even the set is similar.  When this is cancelled, I'd love for Sarah to come back to the View.  but I doubt it.  

• Love 10
12 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

I would love to see a debate between Nicolle and Meghan.  Nicolle would destroy her.

This would be fun for the event itself, but I'm afraid the volume of screech would be unbearable.   MM's vocals are horrendously obvious, but Nicolle tends to have a harsh hard-to-listen-to voice at times also.  I enjoy Nicolle for her style and for what she has to say, but have always thought she needs some vocal training to soften and deepen her voice to be suitable for TV.  (JMO)

11 hours ago, suomi said:

With half of her brain tied behind her back.

Isn't that Limbaugh's slogan?  YECCCHHHTT!

On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 5:58 PM, Tanichka said:

Funny, as I was just scrolling up after posting, I saw this post.  Have to say I agree with you.

Edited by Tunia
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, Tunia said:

This would be fun for the event itself, but I'm afraid the volume of screech would be unbearable.   MM's vocals are horrendously obvious, but Nicolle tends to have a harsh hard-to-listen-to voice at times also.  I enjoy Nicolle for her style and for what she has to say, but have always thought she needs some vocal training to soften and deepen her voice to be suitable for TV.  (JMO)

Isn't that Limbaugh's slogan?  YECCCHHHTT!

Funny, as I was just scrolling up after posting, I saw this post.  Have to say I agree with you.

I like Nicolle's relaxed/lower voice but, IA, it does change when she's excited or wound up. She also speaks a little too rapidly for my old ears to catch everything she says but, wow, she is well-spoken and organizes her thoughts and has a great vocabulary. These old ears are especially sensitive to female voices that are pitched too high, usually when they're asking "someone" an "important question." I think speaking in a lower voice is much more effective during an interview. (Kasie Hunt/MSNBC also does high-voice questions and it ruins her interviews for me).  IA that Nicolle would benefit from some vocal training but I'll take what I can get. She is much too good for this show and looking back now it seems that she wasn't being/wasn't allowed to be (?) her truer self. I guess they hired her to fill a niche and wanted her to stay there.

How did I not know that the half-a-brain thing is RL's slogan? Mea Culpa. 

• Love 7
12 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

was off yesterday and watched Sarah's GMA show.  OMG, its just horrible, a complete and total rip off of Kelly Ripa, does Sarah realize they only hired her to sit with Michael so it would look like the LIVE show, even the set is similar.

I tried watching it a second time and had to turn it off. It was terrible.

Won't try watching it a third time.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, suomi said:

I like Nicolle's relaxed/lower voice but, IA, it does change when she's excited or wound up. She also speaks a little too rapidly for my old ears to catch everything she says but, wow, she is well-spoken and organizes her thoughts and has a great vocabulary. These old ears are especially sensitive to female voices that are pitched too high, usually when they're asking "someone" an "important question." I think speaking in a lower voice is much more effective during an interview. (Kasie Hunt/MSNBC also does high-voice questions and it ruins her interviews for me).  IA that Nicolle would benefit from some vocal training but I'll take what I can get. She is much too good for this show and looking back now it seems that she wasn't being/wasn't allowed to be (?) her truer self. I guess they hired her to fill a niche and wanted her to stay there.

How did I not know that the half-a-brain thing is RL's slogan? Mea Culpa. 

I also love her maturation as a conservative. You don't have to always follow the party line and spout talking points out of loyalty. You can disagree with your party from time to time.  She has a commercial promoting her show on MSNBC where she says that beautifully.

• Love 10

Wallace is just 12 years older than MM. Seems to me NW has been in politics longer than MM....say about 12 years ago when she worked for GW for a number of years. Just compare the resumes.

Thinking MM should have studied political science or history during college rather than art history being the "whole life in politics since the womb"  kind of person.

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 14

I thought  Nicolle said she no longer considers herself a Republican, but certainly could be wrong about this.  Enjoy her show anyway, even though I always wonder after she expresses some insightful comment, how much did The View pay her to claim ignorance of the location of  Malibu...

• Love 3
On 11/7/2018 at 11:31 PM, maggiemae said:

I've only checked in 4 or 5 times during commercials on another channel - the show is way too silly for me.

Same. I keep hoping it flops and they move Sara back to The View (and send Abby out the door along with her BFF).

• Love 6

I was going to post that it appears Sherri has a small role as the adoption worker in the new Mark Walburg "Instant Family" movie until I realized that the character is actually played by  Octavia Spencer. Sherri used to say how people always confused her with Spencer and i thought she was just flattering herself. I stand (well, sit) corrected.

• Love 8

Same. I keep hoping it flops and they move Sara back to The View (and send Abby out the door along with her BFF).

I sorta hate to defend Abby, but she shouldn't be ousted if GMA Day is cancelled (it has already flopped in my opinion!) for Sara to come back. Sara was a seat filler at times.

Abby is fairly dim but she is harmless. She hasn't done anything that they should get rid of her for. 

Now Meghan is another story, but she isn't going anywhere.

• Love 8

Abby is an empty-headed twit who does not know history or politics beyond her family ties.

She is entitled and privileged and sheltered from real life. 

Abby adds NOTHING to the discussions.  

Sara was from Iowa--the real middle of the country; has a gay brother, and is vocal about her struggles as a new mother. She tried to understand different views.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, OnTime said:

I sorta hate to defend Abby, but she shouldn't be ousted if GMA Day is cancelled (it has already flopped in my opinion!) for Sara to come back. Sara was a seat filler at times.

Abby is fairly dim but she is harmless. She hasn't done anything that they should get rid of her for. 

Now Meghan is another story, but she isn't going anywhere.

I have to agree. I like Sara, but she left by choice. She should not get to take her job back (and take it from another person) when the other show gets canned. She knew the risk of quitting.

• Love 11
On 11/12/2018 at 2:02 PM, pachebo said:

I was going to post that it appears Sherri has a small role as the adoption worker in the new Mark Walburg "Instant Family" movie until I realized that the character is actually played by  Octavia Spencer. Sherri used to say how people always confused her with Spencer and i thought she was just flattering herself. I stand (well, sit) corrected.

I saw a commercial for the movie, and also thought it was Sherri.  Wasn't till I checked IMBD to confirm, that I realized it was Octavia Spencer.  They really, really look alike.

• Love 3