Type keyword(s) to search

Former Hosts: PROFESSIONAL Life After The View

Jaded
  • Start Topic

On 9/16/2018 at 6:16 AM, SrOfficial said:

Comments on this forum for Sara's new show are not good.  They don't need another daytime show & Michael is gawd-awful.

I  tuned in for the first show and didn't think  it was very good.  Neither one of  them can carry a show for an hour.

• Love 4

What would you guys suggest they can do to improve the show?  

I think that Sara should have remained on the show, but, according to rumors, Megan made her life a living hell treated her like she was a nobody. I can see Megan being that kind of bitch.  She will try to go after Joy on the air to score points with the right. She would not do it off the show, cause Joy does not give a damn. A part of Megan wants Joy's approval, that girl has some problems. Sunny seems to be neutral and Whoopie protects her.. Sara would be the perfect person for her to mistreat..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 7

Wouldn't it be delicious if Rosie O'Donnell actually got cast on that show? Actually, The Talk might actually work for her since they don't really talk about heavier subjects. It would be more in the vein of her old show when she was considered the "Queen of Nice" than The View.

• Love 7

I'd love for Lisa Ling to join The Talk as the moderator. She's smart and blossomed a lot after leaving The View. If Rosie came on board I can't imagine that she wouldn't do so without having input on how the show is run. I also can't imagine her putting up with Sharon's shit for long.

If they hired Debbie I'd quit watching completely. She's not very good at hosting Home & Family on Hallmark which I've never watched regularly and don't watch at all now. It's too cheesy for me and replacing Mark Steines with Cameron Mathison put it on my "won't watch" list. I don't see her as being moderating material. The revolving door at Home & Family is just as bad as The View. It will be interesting to see what happens to that show in regards to Mark's lawsuit though. Maybe Debbie's people are putting out feelers for other job opportunities in regards to her employment. 

• Love 3
57 minutes ago, pinkle6 said:

Rosie O is actually being eyed to replace Julie Chen on The Talk.

The Talk is in LA. RO would never leave NY.

She has been on before and wants to be on again now. From "Ask RO"......

Are you coming out to LA to shoot SMILF? That would be great timing for you to be on THE TALK! Let your peeps know! Would love to be in the audience. You rock!yes i am
i would love to do the talk

• Love 1
11 hours ago, OnTime said:

The Talk is in LA. RO would never leave NY.

She has been on before and wants to be on again now. From "Ask RO"......

Rosie is too political for the talk. She would clash with the ladies. The talk has always avoided talking about politics for that reason. Plus, CBS tends to attract conservative viewers and I don't think they would want to watch Rosie.

12 hours ago, pinkle6 said:

Also being eyed is Lisa Ling and Debbie Matenopolous.

Lisa Ling is too good for the show. Her intelligence would intimidate the ladies. Plus, I think that she likes the flexibility that comes with her show on CNN. She likes covering topics that get her out of the confines of a studio and connect with the people that she is talking about on her show. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 10

I was going to say the same thing, Apprentice. Rosie is too controversial for CBS and too prickly for The Talk. I don't watch often but I've never seen any of the hosts have a disagreement. It's a much different atmosphere than on The View. 

• Love 7

I wouldn't be surprised if they went after Meredith Vieira. I don't think Vieira would come back to The View as it is now, but The Talk is relatively benign and it would be a cushy job with no controversy or drama behind-the-scenes. I might watch for her. I think Rosie O'Donnell could do it, too, since she's had shows where she hasn't talked politics before, but that's probably unlikely.

• Love 4
22 hours ago, pinkle6 said:

Rosie O is actually being eyed to replace Julie Chen on The Talk.

Also being eyed is Lisa Ling and Debbie Matenopolous.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6203193/The-Talk-eyes-Rosie-ODonnell-Julie-Chen-wake-longtime-hosts-departure.html

If Rosie were to join The Talk, it would just be a new version of The Rosie O'Donnell Show.  She has too strong a personality to be a team player.  With Rosie, she has to be the one in charge, or at least the one who makes the rules.  I can't see the current panel going along with that.

Lisa Ling is out and about doing things much more personally satisfying and having free rein, IMO, to be tied to another studio job.  She seems to be very happy with her current show and the opportunities it presents for her.

Debbie Matenopolous?  Eh.

Why don't they just make Carnie Wilson a permanent member of the panel?  I'd bet she'd love it on a regular basis.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Tunia said:

If Rosie were to join The Talk, it would just be a new version of The Rosie O'Donnell Show.  She has too strong a personality to be a team player.  With Rosie, she has to be the one in charge, or at least the one who makes the rules.  I can't see the current panel going along with that.

Lisa Ling is out and about doing things much more personally satisfying and having free rein, IMO, to be tied to another studio job.  She seems to be very happy with her current show and the opportunities it presents for her.

Debbie Matenopolous?  Eh.

Why don't they just make Carnie Wilson a permanent member of the panel?  I'd bet she'd love it on a regular basis.

Rosie would clash with everybody on that panel at some point, especially Sharon. Rosie is too intense and she would bristle at some of the fluffy topics that the talk likes to do..

I think that Rosie excels at doing her art, like acting, Broadway and helping children.  She shares her wealth with people in need via charities. I think her art helps her a lot and she is able to disappear into her roles and forget about real life. I think that talking about real life events like politics is too toxic for her.  Columbine was the incident that triggered a lot of her dormant issues about losing her mom very young, her troubled relationship with her dad, her sexual abuse as a kid created a lot of turmoil in her and that probably affected her talk show and lead to her walking away from it..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 7
22 hours ago, buffynut said:

Rosie got her wish answered already. She's guest hosting on The Talk on Friday:

1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

That was fast! I'll definitely be watching.

Say what you will about Rosie’s issues and personal demons, but she’s AWESOME at moderating and being a guest host. Totally watching this.

• Love 13

She seems to be angling really hard to try and get a permanent job at Faux. Guess that book didn't sell the way she had hoped. Glad she's not on The View anymore even if I'm on a break from watching it. 

• Love 5
33 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

I didn't agree with Jedediah Bilah about 97.8 percent of the time on The View; she frustrated me most of the time BUT she was still tolerable and she had chemistry with the other ladies. I tuned in to a few of her most recent appearances on FOX as well as her twitter feed and... just... wow. She's becoming unhinged

I told you guys in a post on here a few weeks ago, I was appalled by her on Fox and I was glad that she was gone.   

• Love 7
13 hours ago, Jaded said:

She seems to be angling really hard to try and get a permanent job at Faux. Guess that book didn't sell the way she had hoped. Glad she's not on The View anymore even if I'm on a break from watching it. 

Actually Jed's book releases next week and she's guesting on The View on Oct 9th! Then the next day Raven Symone is guesting !

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, TheViewFirst1 said:

Actually Jed's book releases next week and she's guesting on The View on Oct 9th! Then the next day Raven Symone is guesting !

I don't follow her on social media or anything so I thought her book was already out. My opinion regarding her wanting a permanent Faux gig still stands. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, TheViewFirst1 said:

That will be interesting with her BSC views on the Kavanaugh thing.  By then the investigation will be over and presumably they will have voted him in, or not.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, TheViewFirst1 said:

Good for her but that doesn’t change my opinion on what I’ve seen of her lately. Presumably Meghan will be back at the table as well. That might equal ratings gold for “The View,” especially since Jed is now pretty much a Fox employee and won’t have a reason to be nice nor hold her tongue for the ladies at the table. 

• Love 5
8 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I could always tell Jedidiah was unhinged. She wrote for Breitbart before The View and that said it all. I haven't missed her one minute since her abrupt firing.

She kind of controlled her unhinged side on “The View,” though... but that may have been intentional on her part because if she had acted the way she’s been acting on Fox lately, she probably wouldn’t have lasted as long as she did. 

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 5

Jed admits she didn’t willingly leave? I’m just now seeing this interview. We can go back and forth about it but I think this is my first time hearing her confirm that she didn’t leave on her own accord, from her own mouth. Very interesting that she says she’s really not supposed to talk about it aka some kind of contract is stopping her from being 100 percent honest as to why she’s no longer on the show. ??‍♀️

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Alexis2291 said:

Not even kidding but Jed admits she didn’t willingly leave? I’m just now seeing this interview. We can go back and forth about it but I think this is my first time hearing her confirm that she didn’t leave on her own accord, from her own mouth. Very interesting that she says she’s really not supposed to talk about it aka some kind of contract is stopping her from being 100 percent honest as to why she’s no longer on the show. ??‍♀️

After I watched that it made me realize her firing was definitely planned because Meghan was getting fired from Fox since she was heavily disliked there a lot of the videos of her at Fox have almost all dislikes than likes her and her father are hated by the Fox audience. Also Whoopi and Meghan like each other and they know Whoopi always liked her and Whoopi never liked Jed as we know. Jed also use to tweet Meghan last time they tweeted was ONE WEEK before Jed was officially gone from The View and they then unfollowed each other. Next week since Meghan is back should be interesting when Jed is guesting wonder if we will have awkward tension between the two? Also Yvette Nicole Brown is guesting the whole week is Whoopi not gonna be there is my guess? She doesn't want to be in the middle of that? 

Edited by TheViewFirst1
  • Love 7

Everyone knew Jed didn’t leave willingly.  It was so sudden.  Everyone who gets canned is always leaving to write a book.  Anyone who has seen MM would know she would not be an asset, so I still don’t understand why they would want her on the show.

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, SrOfficial said:

Everyone knew Jed didn’t leave willingly.  It was so sudden.  Everyone who gets canned is always leaving to write a book.  Anyone who has seen MM would know she would not be an asset, so I still don’t understand why they would want her on the show.

It's the train wreck effect.  Her father was dying and ABC wanted to capitalize on that.  It sounds callous but it's all about ad dollars. And viewers turning in to see a cohost deal with her father dying, a father who just happened to be a US senator who just happened to be at odds with the president was too good to pass up.  The fact that Meghan just happened to be a shrieking harpie was just gravy for them.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

It's the train wreck effect.  Her father was dying and ABC wanted to capitalize on that.  It sounds callous but it's all about ad dollars. And viewers turning in to see a cohost deal with her father dying, a father who just happened to be a US senator who just happened to be at odds with the president was too good to pass up.  The fact that Meghan just happened to be a shrieking harpie was just gravy for them.

Believe me, I know it’s about $$$.  The viewers’ likes don’t enter into it!  ?

• Love 4

Star didn’t leave to write a book. Michelle didn’t leave to write a book. Sherri didn’t leave to write a book. Rosie Perez didn’t leave to write a book. Both times that Rosie O’Donnell left, it wasn’t to write a book. Not to mention that she wasn’t fired. Raven was fired, but her reason for “leaving” was to go back to “show business.” Jedifoxbot is the only one I know who left and cited “writing a book” as the reason.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, TheViewFirst1 said:

After I watched that it made me realize her firing was definitely planned because Meghan was getting fired from Fox since she was heavily disliked there a lot of the videos of her at Fox have almost all dislikes than likes her and her father are hated by the Fox audience.

And then she came to The View and became the most-hated co-host there, too, along with alienating all of her co-workers besides Whoops of course. You'd think she'd have tried to come in on best behavior if she was even too vile for *FOX*.

• Love 9
25 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

And then she came to The View and became the most-hated co-host there, too, along with alienating all of her co-workers besides Whoops of course. You'd think she'd have tried to come in on best behavior if she was even too vile for *FOX*.

If the problem follows you everywhere you go then you are probably the problem.

• Love 13
23 minutes ago, Tosia said:

CCB wrote an inspirational/motivational book out now for adults. I saw it at the Library. My blood sugar was already too high, so I didn't even look at it.

Gosh, that's on my "must-read" list.  

• Love 2

Meghan McCain is a host on the View. She is not, regardless of how many of us would like her to be, a former host of the show. Until she is, she is not on topic in this thread. 

Also not on topic in here: political posts of any kind. 

Posts have been removed.