Type keyword(s) to search

Former Hosts: PROFESSIONAL Life After The View

Jaded
  • Start Topic

I also think Barbara Walters faced and fought through a lot of sexism in her day in order to have the career she had. Sometimes, old warriors can't lay down their swords.

I don't say this so much to hold her up as a feminist icon, as much as to point out the old warrior part. I imagine it's hard to give up any career where you've achieved a lot by fighting your ass off for years.  

• Love 12
2 hours ago, OnTime said:

'F*** that! What the f***? I quit': Audio emerges of Elisabeth Hasselback in backstage meltdown after Barbara Walters shut her down on live TV for declaring the morning after pill is akin to infanticide

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6891865/Audio-Elisabeth-Hasselback-meltdown-Barbara-Walters-shut-Plan-B-remarks.html

If you're against the morning after pill, don't take one. If you're against abortion, don't have one.

They're called choices, Elizabeth, people make choices. 

• Love 19

Gals and Guys...I just heard that audio tape of Hasselbutt a minute ago....what a laugh riot.....she is as big a spoiled brat as RBM that Lizzy...That was some really juicy stuff, and I have to say, I loved every golden spoiled bitch rant moment of it! These women should just try one day working in a law office and see how far they get. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 5

Well, this all just confirms what I thought of Hasselbeck - she is an entitled child that can’t provide a proper debate on an issue.  Her defense of  it being able to maintain a rational, informal price discussion is that she is “passionate”.   I often tuned her out when I watched and she talked for more than a couple sentences because she would just spew a “word salad” that did not make sense and could have always been more concise.  She did not have the word skills of Lisa Ling, Viera, Behar, Wallace, or Walters. 

Griffins video commentary is quite funny . . . and on point.

• Love 13
On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 12:42 PM, General Days said:

I also think Barbara Walters faced and fought through a lot of sexism in her day in order to have the career she had. Sometimes, old warriors can't lay down their swords.

I don't say this so much to hold her up as a feminist icon, as much as to point out the old warrior part. I imagine it's hard to give up any career where you've achieved a lot by fighting your ass off for years.  

I respected Barbara Walters for a long time.  When she wrote the book about fucking married men after the men were dead and their widows remained - classless in my eyes.  She was quite elitist in the end, and her blind support for her "friends", for example the Hiltons, was nauseating.

• Love 15
(edited)

Sherri is going to host another game show on GSN. She previously hosted their version of The Newlywed Game starting with the 2nd season replacing Carnie Wilson who hosted the first. Her new show is called Best Ever Trivia Show...

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 3
On 10/19/2018 at 10:49 AM, Apprentice79 said:

They should have kept Michelle, a thirty something single woman navigating life in New York city. She had no kids while everybody is married or has been.  She would have brought a fresh perspective on things. I never got any impression on how she votes. 

Michelle was pretty much redundant when they decided to bring back Joy. 

• Love 1
15 hours ago, TheView said:

Michelle was pretty much redundant when they decided to bring back Joy. 

I am enjoying Michelle's show on Sirius XM in the mornings while I am driving.

• Love 1

My Facebook memories came up today, and ON THIS DAY in 2013, I wrote:

"The future is just a little brighter because Elisabeth Hasselbeck is no longer on The View. No longer will I have to hear her word salads, see her argue points she doesn't understand, or be subject to her bratty teenage behavior. Free, I am FREE!"

2019 feeling: same.

• LOL 8
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

My Facebook memories came up today, and ON THIS DAY in 2013, I wrote:

"The future is just a little brighter because Elisabeth Hasselbeck is no longer on The View. No longer will I have to hear her word salads, see her argue points she doesn't understand, or be subject to her bratty teenage behavior. Free, I am FREE!"

2019 feeling: same.

I cannot tell you how many times I start to type Bitsy when I am posting about NutMeg!  Same same same. 😞

• Love 6
On 4/24/2019 at 4:24 PM, Jaded said:

Her new show is called Best Ever Trivia Show...

Pretty funny!  I wonder how Sherri would do in any trivia contests.

On 4/3/2019 at 2:32 PM, JakeyJokes said:

Barbara grew up comfortably and then her father lost all the family's money by gambling and bad investments. I think the fear of "everything can go wrong and the rug can be pulled out at any moment" never went away for Barbara.

And for some time she was supporting her mother and her sister, right?  So...she needed a good income and REALLY NEEDED the attention that celebrity brings.

• Love 7
On 4/24/2019 at 3:50 PM, tribeca said:

Good for Jed if that’s what she wants. The view kind of did her dirty JMHO. 

No question about it!  Ladies and Gentlemen, make way for The Princess of Arizona!!!  Oh, Jedidiah, don't let the doors hit you on the way out.  Contract? We don't need no steenkin' contract.

• Love 2

From TheView's posted article, "Before first joining Fox News, Bila was a high school academic dean and Spanish teacher at a private New York City school...."

Reading this PR is always interesting to me because I think this was her mother's small private school...but I'm too lazy to do the research.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

And for some time she was supporting her mother and her (autistic) sister, right?  So...she needed a good income and REALLY NEEDED the attention that celebrity brings.

BaWa did not have many redeeming qualities (IMO), but this was a gleaming one!!

• Love 9
10 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

BaWa did not have many redeeming qualities (IMO), but this was a gleaming one!!

I think she didn't have the best experiences as a child which may have led her to where she ended up.  No excuses, because many in the same situation ended up differently, but could explain things.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

I think she didn't have the best experiences as a child which may have led her to where she ended up.  No excuses, because many in the same situation ended up differently, but could explain things.

I read her book and when she was growing up it was feast or famine with the family. They were either rich or bankrupt depending on how well  her father's clubs were doing. So I understand her drive to work and be successful. But she was a terrible snob and name dropper.  How many times did we  have to hear her cousin married Paul McCartney?

• Love 10
3 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

I read her book and when she was growing up it was feast or famine with the family. They were either rich or bankrupt depending on how well  her father's clubs were doing. So I understand her drive to work and be successful. But she was a terrible snob and name dropper.  How many times did we  have to hear her cousin married Paul McCartney?

Yes, I agree, just explaining, not condoning and other people come out worse/better from bad upbringings.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

It seemed that Barbara neglected to make connections with people outside of her career. She was not close to her daughter. Barbara should not have been forced into retirement, she should have left on her own. At times, it seemed her career was all that she had..

• Love 8
(edited)

Does anyone know what has become of Barbara?  As far as I can tell, she has dropped off the face of the Earth.  And she used to be very active in New York circles.  Out and about all the time.  I am sure it has to do with her age, mostly.  But when is that last time anyone here saw a photo of her or a mention of her somewhere?  Did the book offer any insight?

Edited by Cementhead
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

Does anyone know what has become of Barbara?  As far as I can tell, she has dropped off the face of the Earth.  And she used to be very active in New York circles.  Out and about all the time.  I am sure it has to do with her age, mostly.  But when is that last time anyone here saw a photo of her or a mention of her somewhere?  Did the book offer any insight?

I have heard that her age has made her into a recluse and  she now shies away from the camera..

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Cementhead said:

The book didn't say anything about her now. I read reports on the internet she was confused at times.  My opinion is she has some kind of dementia. I feel like if she was healthy, she'd still be on TV on occasion. Lots of healthy people her age are still in show business(Betty White, Dick Van Dyke).

• Love 9
20 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

The book didn't say anything about her now. I read reports on the internet she was confused at times.  My opinion is she has some kind of dementia. I feel like if she was healthy, she'd still be on TV on occasion. 

I agree.  We don't even see her going out to events in NYC.

• Love 3

There was a flurry of mentions in March of this year. All of the usual links mention advanced dementia, no longer recognizing friends and spending her waking hours in a wheelchair or in bed.

Not the least bit surprising - she will be 90 in September.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, gatopretoNYC said:

Nicole Wallace is a guest on tonight's Late Night with Seth Meyers.

Uh oh.  Think she could handle his inquisition like he did with Meghan?

• LOL 7
  • Love 2

Barbara's fans still think of her.  Saw this online, and couldn't resist posting here:

"STARTING A PETITION TO HAVE BARBARA WALTERS DO THE BALL DROP NEXT NEW YEARS JUST TO HEAR HER SAY:  I'M BARBARA WALTERS AND THIS IS 2020."

LOL

• LOL 9
  • Love 11
On 8/4/2019 at 7:50 PM, Tunia said:

Barbara's fans still think of her.  Saw this online, and couldn't resist posting here:

"STARTING A PETITION TO HAVE BARBARA WALTERS DO THE BALL DROP NEXT NEW YEARS JUST TO HEAR HER SAY:  I'M BARBARA WALTERS AND THIS IS 2020."

LOL

I wonder where Barbara is. 

• Love 1
On 8/4/2019 at 5:50 PM, Tunia said:

LOL

They could use a hologram if Barbara is not up to it.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Sherri has been on a lot of the "evening game shows" this summer. She's been pretty enjoyable. Last night she was on To Tell The Truth, and I think she was on The Match Game a couple times, too. I like her in small doses.

• Love 2
On 8/6/2019 at 7:49 AM, blondiec0332 said:
On 8/6/2019 at 4:21 AM, ginger90 said:

10 pictures:

It's one thing to answer who are you wearing on a red carpet but to put who you are wearing on an Instagram post is just tacky.

And...

• Sad
  • Lame
  • Pathetic
  • Needy
  • SIX Freebies?
15 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

I like her in small doses.

I saw her on Andy Cohen's show and she initially SHOOK her boobies at the camera and then seemed to think better of it.  She was mostly subdued through the program, but the other guest, a Ho'wife of the Potomac (very pretty), got most of Andy's attention.  He showed a clip of her new movie...surprising that she took a part that required her to look older and plain.  Good for her!

• Love 1