Type keyword(s) to search

Former Hosts: PROFESSIONAL Life After The View

Jaded
  • Start Topic

I wish yesterday's Nicole was the one we saw on the View. She is funny, witty and can be quite serious when called for on her show which is must see viewing for me. 

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, rcc said:

I wish yesterday's Nicole was the one we saw on the View. She is funny, witty and can be quite serious when called for on her show which is must see viewing for me. 

Plus, she has an inside knowledge on how a presidency works and being a part of a presidential campaign. I think that she met her husband working for Bush..

• Love 5

From Bity's book:

In this illuminating book, Elisabeth walks through the times--from her national celebrity days to her newest role as CBO (Chief Breakfast Officer)--where she saw something differently than how God wanted her to, and the path back to His point of view was sometimes rocky but always revealing.

Hasn't she been this CBO (Chief Breakfast Officer) for a long time now? 

She really needs to let it go that she cooks breakfast.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

I never watched the View while she was co-host and this is why.

I did, and I did not like her.  This proves my opinion of her was right.

If anyone watches, or wants to check it out, the show Rosie is on, SMILF begins a new season tonight.

• Love 4

Didn’t  EH make a book deal with a Christian book publisher?  So, the book will have a very Christian based outlook, uplifting stories, righteous justifications of what decisions she made through her life and, essentially, be an ego book written with a spin of how she wants her children to remember her so she ultimately wrote it for them.  And making a little money in the process doesn’t hurt. Expect lots of Christian bloggers and sites to promote the book and she may get some speaking gigs from it.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, CheezyXpressed said:

Has anyone been listening to Paula's podcast? I heard recently that one of her guests (Melissa Joan Hart) got in trouble, but other than that not much.

Yes and it's been interesting listening about different religions. Paula is a good interviewer.

• Love 3
56 minutes ago, maggiemae said:

Rosie and Nicolle were both terrific on "Late Night!"

Yes they were x 100000!

I didn't care for Nicole for a long time cuz she seemed such a lightweight on the View.  However,  she's grown on me and I watch her show sometimes.  Last night with Colbert, she hit it out of the park with her likability,  wit, and smart, smart, smart comments. 

Nicole will be a shining star, long after that dim bulb, MM, has burnt out....which I hope is soon, soon, soon. 

• Love 18
On 1/26/2019 at 12:43 PM, TheViewFirst1 said:

Elisabeth Hasselbeck is coming back to guest on The View in the spring to promote her book for the first time since she pretty much left. 

Meghan will get to meet her heroine 

• Love 4

I can tolerate most daytime shows since I leave them on while doing other things, only half paying attention, but Sara's show is dreadful.  I'd say it's even worse than Megan Kelly's debacle.  She is not good as a headliner and has no chemistry with Strahan.  (And forced camaraderie is worse than no chemistry.)  I don't know what is going to happen when she goes on maternity leave.  ABC should just let the thing die while she's gone.

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 14
16 hours ago, JakeyJokes said:

Nicolle and Rosie were both guests on Late Night with Seth Myers and joked that they got fired from The View because they agreed with each other too much.

Rosie wrote on her blog when asked about this "I quit on doctor's advice." 

Edited by rcc
  • Love 11
21 hours ago, JakeyJokes said:

Nicolle and Rosie were both guests on Late Night with Seth Myers and joked that they got fired from The View because they agreed with each other too much.

JakeyJokes, was the above in reference to Rosie O'Donnell or Rosie Perez? 

4 hours ago, rcc said:

Rosie wrote on her blog when asked about this "I quit on doctor's advice." 

That's what she (R O'D) said on the show, at the time. 

4 hours ago, Haleth said:

I can tolerate most daytime shows since I leave them on while doing other things, only half paying attention, but Sara's show is dreadful.  I'd say it's even worse than Megan Kelly's debacle.  She is not good as a headliner and has no chemistry with Strahan.  (And forced camaraderie is worse than no chemistry.)  I don't know what is going to happen when she goes on maternity leave.  ABC should just let the thing die while she's gone.

It is. I didn't/don't watch it, because I'm still disappointed The Chew is gone, but I watched one episode to see Carla Hall, and a second because I was busy and didn't change the channel. I can't think of a worse TV-match than the two of them. I think part of the problem is they both make a good second, but neither makes a good lead. (I still miss Sara in The View mix.)

Edited by General Days
  • Love 3
On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 7:33 AM, Haleth said:

I doubt a new name and new set is going to help much.

It is still a taped show with the same people!

Bring back The Chew!

• Love 4

37DCCFC6-76ED-4C2F-BA6F-2813D2B59677.jpeg

sherrieshepherd

When you say yes & open yourself up to new possibilities... sometimes unexpected blessings come your way... honored to guest host Mon & Tues (2/11 & 2/12) for @wendyshow as she heals. Get well #Queen you’re needed ♥️🙏🏾. #sherrishepherd #singlemom #workingmom#wendywilliams #jesus #lookatgod #getwellsoon#blessed #grateful #newyork #2019ismyyear

• Love 5
On 12/17/2018 at 7:18 PM, babyhouseman said:

Will EH be on the View to promote her book? It might be too much self-righteousness to see her and Meg on the same screen. 

Ooooh, I would watch that.

On 1/30/2019 at 5:02 PM, RedheadZombie said:

You can take the girl out of child acting, but you can't take the child acting out of the girl.

ROFLMAO!  And her show is on it's last season too.

• Love 3
On 2/3/2019 at 8:30 AM, ginger90 said:

37DCCFC6-76ED-4C2F-BA6F-2813D2B59677.jpeg

sherrieshepherd

When you say yes & open yourself up to new possibilities... sometimes unexpected blessings come your way... honored to guest host Mon & Tues (2/11 & 2/12) for @wendyshow as she heals. Get well #Queen you’re needed ♥️🙏🏾. #sherrishepherd #singlemom #workingmom#wendywilliams #jesus #lookatgod #getwellsoon#blessed #grateful #newyork #2019ismyyear

Anyone watch Sherri filling in for Wendy - I caught the last minute or so today- not enough to critique!

1 hour ago, springtime said:

Anyone watch Sherri filling in for Wendy - I caught the last minute or so today- not enough to critique!

She is actually pretty good, very funny and engaging in light topics that have nothing to do with science, literature and politics.  Also, Sherry looks really good and being sugar free has helped her immensely.  She is also aging backwards and she has always had a beautiful smile..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 7

Access Hollywood had a segment with Jenny McCarthy talking about a book she wrote about her time on The View.  She compared Barbara Walters to Mommy Dearest and said Whoopie needs to be in complete control of everything all the  time.  I'm looking forward to buying the book when it ends up at The Dollar Store.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Access Hollywood had a segment with Jenny McCarthy talking about a book she wrote about her time on The View.  She compared Barbara Walters to Mommy Dearest and said Whoopie needs to be in complete control of everything all the  time.  I'm looking forward to buying the book when it ends up at The Dollar Store.

So will she reveal anything we don't already know?

Jk, looking forward to it also.

• Love 3

I also saw another article about Barbara that was quite disturbing.  It was on Radar or something similar, but, it talked about Jenny's book AND that Barbara had severe dementia.  Is this true?  I had not heard of it.  It said that Whoopi went to visit her and she didn't know who she was and that old friends were making their last visits now.  I'll try to find the ink.  Dementia could explain a lot of Barbara's behavior over the last 10 years. ........................found it.  Just not sure if it's true.  

https://radaronline.com/exclusives/2019/03/barbara-walters-suffering-advanced-dementia/

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 2
38 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Dementia could explain a lot of Barbara's behavior over the last 10 years. 

She showed a lot of signs during the last two years or so that she appeared on the show, so I think it is true.  Sad, but true.

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, deirdra said:

She showed a lot of signs during the last two years or so that she appeared on the show, so I think it is true.  Sad, but true.

My goodness.  I wasn't watching them.  It's such a tragedy.  I have someone in my family who is in end stage now.  I realize there are some horrible diseases, but, this has got to be one of the worst, imo.  It really robs you of everything.  I suppose it's set up so she is getting all the best care.  I feel for her daughter. 

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, deirdra said:

And many of us wondered why someone (her daughter, ABC) didn't take her off the air sooner.  Most of us thought Bill Geddie knew and didn't care.  He wanted her around so he could keep running things.

• Love 7

The fact that Barbara; a woman who very much enjoyed the limelight and led an active social life, has pretty much dropped off the face of the earth, coupled with her demeanor the last few years she was on The View, tells me that the dementia talk does make sense.  I have often wondered where she is.  She has literally disappeared.  Aside from The View, she would make the papers as they say, being out & about socially in NYC.  And sadly, last I heard about Jackie was a few years back when she was in trouble for DUIs.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

And many of us wondered why someone (her daughter, ABC) didn't take her off the air sooner.  Most of us thought Bill Geddie knew and didn't care.  He wanted her around so he could keep running things.

I've found that a lot of people who start with cognitive decline just don't realize it.  And, they will not accept the news from anyone, even their doctor.  So, it falls on the family to try to get control and protect the person, as they resist and protest.  Then, it leads to quarrels, competency suits, etc.  It can be a nightmare. Lucky for me, my LO handed me her keys and financials and said, please take them.  But, not everyone relinquishes that way. 

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Cementhead said:

We always knew there was tension between Whoopie and Barbara.  I feel bad for Jenny for having been miserable at work. I feel bad that Barbara did not have a life outside of the view and was holding on to it for dear life.. If I had her money, I would be traveling the world..

• Love 9
On 3/21/2019 at 1:42 PM, Apprentice79 said:

We always knew there was tension between Whoopie and Barbara.  I feel bad for Jenny for having been miserable at work. I feel bad that Barbara did not have a life outside of the view and was holding on to it for dear life.. If I had her money, I would be traveling the world..

Her money and her connections. Think of all the people she could drop in on all over the world. Even if they only let her stay for a couple days/a few days. I would be swanning around, with people carrying my bags for me and welcoming me here, there and everywhere. Oh, hell yes. I always wondered why she kept working (and, to be honest, overstayed her welcome). It was in her blood, I guess. To each their own. 

• Love 7
50 minutes ago, suomi said:

Her money and her connections. Think of all the people she could drop in on all over the world. Even if they only let her stay for a couple days/a few days. I would be swanning around, with people carrying my bags for me and welcoming me here, there and everywhere. Oh, hell yes. I always wondered why she kept working (and, to be honest, overstayed her welcome). It was in her blood, I guess. To each their own. 

Barbara grew up comfortably and then her father lost all the family's money by gambling and bad investments. I think the fear of "everything can go wrong and the rug can be pulled out at any moment" never went away for Barbara.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

Wow. I knew that he owned the Latin Quarter and thought ooh la la, lucky Babs - but didn't know that his finances went south. I can see how that shaped her outlook. 

• Love 5