Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E06: The Iron Throne

Message added by Athena

No Book Talk. AT ALL.

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, taurusrose said:

That was the end I wanted for Jon. I wanted him to be alive and back in the North, reunited with Ghost. I'm glad he said fuck the wall and went off with the Wildlings.  Drogon’s grief was awesome. Sansa got what she wanted. I hope she finds as little joy in being QiTN as her brothers did. She has no one watching her back, so she’d better hope the fair weather Northerners never get bugs up their butts where she’s concerned. I can’t believe Bronn got all that wealth. Glad to see Arya on her way. Bran the Broken? Tyrion you still suck as Hand.

Anyone who lives with a bird knows that this is just how they wake up.

• Love 3
(edited)

Just finished watching.  My quick take is, as a standalone episode, I thought it was fine.  If you knew nothing about how they got to this point in the story, you would probably say that it was pretty great.  The issue people had was how we got to this point in the story.  I thought the episode did a fair amount of damage control by rationalizing Dany's descent into tyranny as well as Jaime's choice to return to Cersei;  Tyrion's conversation with Jon was very well done.  I thought the whole scene between Jon and Dany...and then Drogon...hit on all the dramatic points.  How Tyrion and the council decided on how the ruler of the kingdom would be chosen from now on at least addressed a main issue from the beginning of the series, the issue of succession.  We got an ending that I thought satisfactorily fulfilled the different characters' destinies.  Tyrion still the Hand running the kingdom (with a nice scene about the merits of rebuilding the brothels versus building new ships between him, Bronn, Brienne, Sam, and Davos that called back to similar scenes going back to season 1), Bran the unlikely king, Arya looking for new adventures, Sansa now officially Queen of the North, and Jon leading the Wildings back to their promised land like a fur-covered Moses.  And we got to see him pet Ghost, which was a big complaint the past few weeks.  No ending they could have come up with would have been wholly satisfying, but I think this one gave about as good of a conclusion as you could hope for, and sends the show off on a much better note than expected after the mess of season 8.

Edited by Dobian
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12
(edited)

Ugh!  TOO  TiCKED  about  JON:

*I don’t understand why Jon being sent yonder signifies future happiness- -He received short-shrift.

*Jon was always more illustrative in his joy at seeing his 'siblings’ than they were toward him AND one another.

Hmmm...what else...

*Oh, despite my keen disappointmentS with The Show’s latter-seasons writings, Sansa with her CLOTHiNG ENSEMBLE   @The End was gorgeous. 

*To David B. & David W., I can give no accolades. 

Edited by BookElitist
stuff...
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Growsonwalls said:

Ok I'll go on one more rant: that "council" of men sitting around making sex/brothel jokes was the fucking worst. The absolute fucking worst. I think we need a new term since "jumping the shark" doesn't even cover it. How about "Crowing a Broken King?"

Weiss and Benioff should never be forgiven or forgotten for the needling, cowardly unrepentant misogynists that they clearly are.

• Love 23
Just now, JoeyCrown said:

What exactly is there to watch for at the Nights WatchHow is there still a wall⁉️

This was confusing to me too.  I thought the wall was initially to defend against wildlings.  And then the wights.  Now what?  

It's also interesting that with dany dead and Jon off with the wildlings (did he abandon his post at NW?) there will never be another targ...so the wheel is really broken.  

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, JoeyCrown said:

What exactly is there to watch for at the Nights WatchHow is there still a wall⁉️

the wall runs the width of westeros, it is very big, the wight dragon only put a hole in one part of the wall, and not even at Castle Black.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, RealReality said:

It's also interesting that with dany dead and Jon off with the wildlings (did he abandon his post at NW?) there will never be another targ...so the wheel is really broken.  

And it also looks like the end of the Starks as well. Sansa just announced to the whole world that Bran's dick doesn't work and she's setting herself up to be a Maiden Queen for her entire life. Arya is off adventuring and won't have time for no babies.

The only one potentially to have any kids would be Jon once he finds a nice Wildling girl, but the child won't be a Stark. Two more major houses down the tubes.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, thuganomics85 said:
1 hour ago, thuganomics85 said:

Thanks to low expectations, I thought this was a decent enough; maybe even good; finale that ended things in a somewhat logical way.  But still, I feel like this could have been better and even great if they didn't just rush all of this these past few episodes and actually spent time on the build-up.

Yes, if they had taken up HBO's order for ten episodes instead of doing six, with the extra four episodes they could have....spread the whole Night King showdown over two episodes, had one episode giving more context to Dany's downslide into madness, one episode focusing on Cersei and her machinations back at King's Landing, and one episode of Dany in charge as the queen tyrant after sacking King's Landing.

• Love 20

UPON  FURTHER  SEETHiNG  and  REFLECTiON :

*I could not stand that Tyrion ponderously pontificated. 

*I utterly disliked Jaime, so Brienne’s semi-laud was repugnant.

*Felt no sympathy for/with Tyrion weeping over two siblings who treated him dismissively and like $#!+ .

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

I like Sansa being Queen in The North. The North deserves to be independent and I like Sansa, so... And Arya's journey under the Stark flag also great. I guess Jon is quite happy.

I hope Brienne choose willingly to abandon Stark girls to serve Bran and Bran didn't command her to do it. That would be shitty of him.. I mean she swore to protect the Stark girls. I know she's not from the North but I guess she could stay there.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Drogo said:

Bran didn't have enough humanity to thank Meera for saving his life 1000x North of the Wall.

But 6 hours after his coronation he developed the ability to be snarky to his Small Council. 

Yet another good woman this series fucked over. One Id forgotten because she wasn't given much development other than to be caretaker to two incapacitated guys, and be rape bait when in the North.

Dracarys -->Benioff and Weiss

• Love 21

When the council instantly laughed and smirked at Sam's notion of giving the little people a right to choose, my word did I get 100% MURDEROUS in that moment. I just thought "I cannot WAIT for those same unworthy people to slit all your throats and throw your bloated corpses to the rats."

One breath I'm all "hey, the gang's all here" and the next "I can't wait for you motherfuckers to die screaming."

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
32 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I'm not sure how I feel about the entire episode, but I sobbed during the last 20 minutes none the less.   I will miss this show. 

The only time I felt like crying was when Drogon tried to wake his mama.

Mama's not coming back, Drogon. *SNIFF*!

• Love 5

Yes.  I liked it.  Given the wild roller coaster we've been on these last few episodes I'll take it.

After spending the first three seasons being shat on left and right it's Stark Supreme all around.

Oh Dany.  We knew it was coming but it was still heartbreaking.  Though I did enjoy Drogon going full beast mode on the IT.

Edmure Tully BAHAHAHAHA!  What's on his resume?  Keeper of Dungeon - 4 years experience.

Robin Arryn longbottomed hard.

QUEEN OF THE NORTH!

I wish we had gotten three or even two more eps showcasing the time between The Long Night and The Bells.  Spend more time with Bran to make it a better payoff, focus on Dany's madness and it wouldn't have seemed so rushed.  But we got what we got and I look forward to a rewatch in the future.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Advance35 said:

I don't care about anything else. I'm just psyched Sansa is an honest to goodness Queen.  

Her dress was awesome.   I am looking for a full shot of it because it just might be my favorite outfit yet, where she is concerned.   Liked the hair too.

Jon will meet someone else.   I didn't like either of his love interest but all in all, he seemed happiest when he was with Ygritte.   So there is something over the horizon for him.

That crown was disappointing. It looked like a belt.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2

Drogon : taking mommy to a red priestess they met once.

dany resurrected either as herself, cured, or as Night’s Queen.

going to find those eggs he laid and fertilized with a sibling (I think even dragons need two) so he won’t be alone.

in the meantime, befriends a bat and an an eagle for company and they have adventures.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9

Turns out the best game player, thanks to thousands of years of perfecting it's game, is the 3 Eyed Raven. Who would have thought? Pulling the strings of everyone during the history of Westeros to become King.

How do none of these Lords put 2+2 together and realize that this guy could have stopped the massive losses during the Long Night battle and manipulated the events to make Dany go crazy? Did they all lose their brain because this so obvious. At the very least they should realize he let KL burn.

I'm sure there will be no problem with other nobles or small folk when they find out they will be ruled by a crippled robot, a sellsword, a smuggler, an oathbreaker and a murderer/kingslayer/kinslayer/traitor (3 times over). I hope they all revolt and succeed, Bran & Co have no army anyway.

• LOL 7
  • Love 17
19 minutes ago, JoeyCrown said:

1) Who knows what might happen some day?  The evil north of the Wall has been beaten in the past and yet returned.
2) Viseron only blew a hole in it near Eastport.  The vast majority of the wall is fine.
3) The NW will be (as, let's face it -- it pretty much was a lot of the time) a penal colony and a place to ship off troublesome members of the family.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, Hana Chan said:

And it also looks like the end of the Starks as well. Sansa just announced to the whole world that Bran's dick doesn't work and she's setting herself up to be a Maiden Queen for her entire life. Arya is off adventuring and won't have time for no babies.

The only one potentially to have any kids would be Jon once he finds a nice Wildling girl, but the child won't be a Stark. Two more major houses down the tubes.

I think Sansa can  find some gent to have kids with.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Well I was glad I called it on Drogon going back to Valyria (and taking Dany with him 😔

i am also glad to see I was right about Jon not sitting on the throne though I thought for sure he was a toast when Drogon found him, but yay he reunited with ghost!!!!

boo to Sansa being queen of the north, if any kingdom really was “independent “ all this time, its dorne and the iron islands but whatevs 

still a Dany fan, loved her victory speech, here’s to hoping Drogon lays some eggs and lives to be older than balerion!

• Love 11
(edited)

I don't think Jon and the wildings should have been the last shot, but I guess they figured symmetry and all that.

Why wouldn't have Daenarys struck down Tyrion immediately? Why should Tyrion have been pardoned especially if Dany hadn't gone haywire? He let of someone who could have been a bargaining chip. And then talking about how Tywin and Cersei only killed half the people Dany did. Only because they didn't have the means. I'm not a Dany fan but I was rollling my eyes at Tyrion, a lot.

Of course the last conversation the small council has is about boobies.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 10
7 minutes ago, Smad said:

I'm sure there will be no problem with other nobles or small folk when they find out they will be ruled by a crippled robot, a sellsword, a smuggler, an oathbreaker and a murderer/kingslayer/kinslayer/traitor (3 times over). I hope they all revolt and succeed, Bran & Co have no army anyway.

I'm blanking, who's the oathbreaker?

• Love 1

It was a little too pat, a little too cheesy, but I'll forgive those things because I was generally okay with the endings.

Danys - I get it. And Emilia Clark played the role well.  But she couldn't rule anymore so getting killed while snogging Jon Snow?  Not all that bad.  Bonus: I bet Drogan does some cool dragon fire thing in sand -- turning it to glass and she's preserved forever in her beautiful state or something.

Drogon - Always felt like a real character, not CGI monster.  I think he knew Jon loved his Mom and that the damn Iron Throne caused the problem.  So glad he slagged it.  MVP!

Jon - I think he got a great ending for him.  There's totally no "NightWatch" anymore.  He's off to bed some nice wilding woman and make broody children.

Tyrion - Dinklage got handed a shit-ton of cheesy dialog (stories are what matters?  No, writers... PEOPLE are what matters... stop inserting your profession into the show).  But he also had some great scenes and speeches.  As a character, I think he's grown enough to govern.

GreyWorm - I'm least satisfied with his ending.  I saw no real 'peace' for him.  And I don't know WHO could have given that to him.  He was the last member of Danys original entourage.  I'm glad he went to Naarth but I didn't like him murdering for Dany and I didn't get any sense of peace for him.

Sansa - I think that the North saved mankind and deserved independence.  I'm happy for her.

Arya - AWESOME ship.  I think she stayed in KL to have Jon's back.  I don't think he would have listened to Tyrion if Arya hadn't already told him that Dany would end up killing him.  

Bran - I'm cool with him as King. As King, he can slap down anyone who gets too power hungry.  In the meantime he'll peaceout and warg thru the dragon.  I also think he may be exceptionally long lived.  So while Sam's idea for a democracy was too much too soon, I suspect he's going to be Team Samwell Tarly all the way.  Which means education, good water, and ultimately a populace that would be capable of self-governance (i.e. democracy).  I think that having Bran as King allows him to oversea long term fixing.

Bronn - I was not happy he ended up doing so well.  I was great with the character until he extorted Jamie & Tyrion.  Maybe he'll get the clap.

Brienne - If there was ever a person PERFECT for overseeing the Knights, It's Ser Brienne of Tarth.  I loved her closure moment by providing a kind entry for Jamie.  

Ser Davos - my faith in the future of the Realm is massively improved by his presence

Samwell Tarly - another major reason I liked the ending. I'm counting on him taking care of the people via education and innovation

Gendry - I bet you make a helluva good leader.  

Yara - Enjoy your kingdom, don't whine.

Robyn - Nope.  I'm never gonna see him as leadership material.

Bottom Line: They definitely put some extra cheese on this pizza but I'm cool with the ending. 

• Love 16
2 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I don't think Jon and the wildings should have been the last shot, but I guess they figured symmetry and all that.

Why wouldn't have Daenarys struck down Tyrion immediately. Why should Tyrion have been pardoned especially if Dany hadn't gone haywire? He let of someone who could have been a bargaining chip. And then talking about how Tywin and Cersei only killed half the people Dany did. Only because they didn't have the means. I'm not a Dany fan but I was rollling my eyes at Tyrion, a lot.

Of course the finale conversation the small council has is about boobies.

could not agree more!!!

tyrion was a traitor. Full stop. And he acted on behalf of the Lannister’s ALL THE TIME. She could have taken KL two seasons ago in a surgical strike without becoming queen of ashes. He gave her terrible advice. In fact I can’t think of one piece of good advice he ever gave her.

dany up until this season was never a sadist. Cersei, Joffrey and Tywin all were. Rip Lady. Rip ros. RIP everyone in the sept. RIP tonmen. RIP ellaria. RIP nun raped repeatedly by Gregor.

i.

hate.

Tyrion.

• Love 10

Whew, thank goodness Jaime or Cersei's eyes didn't pop open when Tyrion found them.

"Why do you think I came all this way?" Smug much, Bran?

Jon saved the world from Dany's continued reign of terror and got permanently banished for it. What kind of sense does that make?

Wherever the Unsullied went that would been the beginning of the end of for them, right? They can't procreate.

As far a series finales I didn't hate it. I think GoT has been a great ride even if things did sputter a bit at the end.

• Love 4

I watched only half of the episode and tuned out.  Will not ever watch the ending, nor do I care.

Whoever decided that the last episode is not about going out with a bang is an idiot.  I did not need to be served an exceptional dose of Tyrion's blabbering and persuasive abilities in the final episode, nor to see a halfassed internal strife of that idiot Jon Snow, nor Grey Worm negotiating with some irrelevant council.

This episode was aggressively irritating and dumb, and has completely failed to deliver.  It has actually destroyed the show.

A solid F.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Jon saved the world from Dany's continued reign of terror and got permanently banished for it. What kind of sense does that make?

That's what the Unsullied and Dothraki were led to believe. In reality, Jon ended up where he would feel about as happy as one can feel with everything that's happened. Out in the truth North, with the wildlings, free. He never wanted to be king, whether of the Kingdoms or the North.

• Useful 2
  • Love 16
(edited)

Posted by yours truly on May 6, 2019 at 2:30 AM:

I think Jon didn't say goodbye to Ghost because it wasn't goodbye.   I expect Jon Snow will survive whatever happens, and in the final scene he'll leave everything behind to go live north of the Wall where Ghost will be waiting.

(it was the only thing I got right, lol)

This episode tugged on the heartstrings, but not in any way that could be called organic.

The only thing I really liked was Dany's black battle ensemble.  A little unsubtle though the way her wardrobe gradually went from light to dark.

Despite a terrible last season, I will always appreciate the talent and effort made by all the actors (except the Euron guy) to bring this story to life.   I'll never forget them.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 9

So, the showrunners rather have a man who hasn't done much be a ruler than a woman who has fought her ways through blood, fire, and tears. The way they destroyed all the strong female characters horrible. Oh.. and Brienne still mooning over Jaime? Seriously? Girl, he ran back to his first and only love - his sister... Urgh

• Love 22
31 minutes ago, Hana Chan said:

Why do you think Sansa's not going to have kids? The last we see of Sansa is her coronation. There is no reason her first order of business won't be to select herself a husband. What better way to solidify her rule, than select a second or third son from a Northern house, and have a few Stark children. There's a certain sense of poetry to having the least Stark child not only rule the North but continue the Stark family name. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
(edited)

in the credits, after they show Winterfell, what's pictured on the gold belt thing? It looked like a man holding up a wolf's head but I couldn't make out the other stuff.

Edited by ulkis
1 minute ago, merrick715 said:

Why do you think Sansa's not going to have kids? The last we see of Sansa is her coronation.

Because she was clearly Elizabeth I who had no children.

I am married to the North.

• Love 8

I'm glad I was spoiled earlier today for King Bran, so that I could just laugh hysterically at the most boring character becoming the king, and at the reactions of the people I watched with.

I don't hate anything, in theory, about the endgame, even though Dany was my favorite character up until the last episode. But good god, they went so freaking fast! The plot from the point of the end of the Battle of Winterfell until the conclusion could have, and would have in earlier seasons, and should have taken an entire season to play out. And it would all have made so much more sense then. Dany descending way too fast into full madness has already been discussed at length. But her overthrow here was too fast and easy - one conversation with Tyrion and then one scene with Dany where she conveniently doesn't have any guards with her. And then instead of playing out the beats of her death becoming known, the reactions of everyone, the politicking that would have started, they just skipped straight ahead to a council of the major lords and ladies. There's no way that Bran becomes King just on the basis of Tyrion's speech.

Compare to season six, where the season is spent building up to Cersei blowing up the sept, or season three, which builds up to the Red Wedding. So much here felt anti-climactic simply because it went so fast, and in terms of Bran's name coming up for King, came out of nowhere.

Dany's scene at the beginning was the best part of the episode, because unlike pretty much everything else, it built on eight seasons' worth of events, with appropriate callbacks. And while Dany's death felt anti-climactic due to the rushed nature of it, Drogon's reaction somewhat salvaged it. (Congratulations, Kit Harington, on being out-acted by a CGI dragon.)

The showrunners certainly lied when they said that the story only needed this many episodes; it obviously needed more. Why they chose to rush will of course be the subject of much debate. Up to now, the popular theory has been that they just really wanted to move on to other projects. But I wonder now if they lost enthusiasm once GRRM accepted that the show was going to pass the books and consequently told them the endgame.

• Love 12
10 minutes ago, merrick715 said:

Why do you think Sansa's not going to have kids? The last we see of Sansa is her coronation. There is no reason her first order of business won't be to select herself a husband. What better way to solidify her rule, than select a second or third son from a Northern house, and have a few Stark children. There's a certain sense of poetry to having the least Stark child not only rule the North but continue the Stark family name. 

To me Sansa's coronation came across very much as she has become the Virgin Queen -destined to a life of power and loneliness. Like Good Queen Bess who could never marry because a husband would have taken her power.

Dany's final grandiose speech was very much Triumph Of The Will.  And Hitler would have loved her look.

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, Black Knight said:

The showrunners certainly lied when they said that the story only needed this many episodes; it obviously needed more. Why they chose to rush will of course be the subject of much debate. Up to now, the popular theory has been that they just really wanted to move on to other projects. But I wonder now if they lost enthusiasm once GRRM accepted that the show was going to pass the books and consequently told them the endgame.

Agreed. I feel like the writers just threw in the towel for the final two seasons. Having each of the last two seasons be a full 10 episodes each would have solved so many writing problems. They basically got lazy and half-assed it as far as I'm concerned.

• Love 10

Arya and Jon's goodbye scene had more emotion than any of Jon and Dany's scenes. Goddammit. I just wish that romance had been better written. I think even with all the rushing and the plot problems it would have made things a thousand times better. 

• Love 11
(edited)
22 minutes ago, MrsR said:

Because she was clearly Elizabeth I who had no children.

I am married to the North.

I think Sansa's ending can be read either way. I don't think Sansa would want to have the Stark line die out, and throw the North into chaos. Elizabeth I had to name James VI as her heir.  Sansa doesn't have the Northern equivalent of Mary, Queen of Scots.

Edited by merrick715
  • Love 7
51 minutes ago, Brn2bwild said:

The only time I felt like crying was when Drogon tried to wake his mama.

Just like Simba & Mufasa (post stampede).

How did Tyrion even find the bodies?

If he could walk around to another tunnel, then there was a way OUT of that room.

No way he should have been able to see a golden hand, those bodies were not buried below enough debris.

[Exterior: A busy pier]

Arya: I need a crew that wants to sail beyond any known map.

Old Spice Captain: AArrrr! How ye be paying?

Arya: My brother is your King, so there is unlimited gold for everyone!

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
(edited)

I was fully spoiled, and it wasn't as bad as I was expecting, probably because I had time to digest the whole thing for weeks.

Peter Dinklage is a terrific actor and I understand D&D really wanted to give him another shot at the Emmy/Golden Globe, silly 'story'speech and all, but I wish they had cut the longest walk ever so we could have seen:

a) Sansa thanking Brinne for fullfilling her oath and freeing her to pursue whatever she wanted, b) a quick Tyrion-Bronn talk where Tyrion tells Bronn that he, Tyrion, is keeping his promise, but Bronn better deliver, c) a small nod/goodbye wave between Arya and Gendry and Sam and Jon (though I know they already had their goodbyes), d) a small scene before the coucil meeting where Davos is asked about his wife and explain she is coming in a few days, or that she has another husband or whatever, and where someone asks Sam about the baby and Gilly and he gives an update on the kid and says something like "now that I'm a full maester"... you know what I mean?

I also think that the majority of viewers don't remember Robyn, Royce, etc, so they should have found a way for all those people to introduce themselves. That would answer all of those questions about Brienne sitting there.

Kit is one of the weakest actors in the show and I was dreading his scenes in this episode. But I was relieved he delived, both with Peter Dinklage in Tyrion's cell and with Emilia Clarke. People keep saying D&D ruined Daenerys but was they did to Jon those two past seasons was criminal. I understand not wanting to kill the woman he loves, but to keep defending her actions? Like I said, criminal.

They went full Triumph with the Will with Daenerys and it was so beautufully done and acted. I imagine she will get and Emmy nod, but won't win.

Drogon mourning Dany was the only time I've ever felt for the dragons (direwolves>>> dragons). ETA: when they were locked in Meeren was cruel.

That lovely scene where Brienne tells the end of Jaime's tale in the White Book was so poignant, and right there with Jon/Tyrion talk and Jon/Arya goodye the best scene in the entire episode.

I noticed that Bran was not featured in the final 5 minutes with Arya, Sansa and Jon endings, and I'm forever grateful for that. I know it is GRRM ending and that if and when he finishes the damm books it will be properly developed, but right now I'm extremely pissed at that.

Jon was never as happy as he was with the Free Folk, so I hope he heals out there in the far North. He looked devasted in that cell and even more so at the news that he was wouldn't be able to be with his siblings.

But it just seems a stretch that Grey Worm wouldn't kill Jon but would accept that so easily the NW excuse. Also, it is a stretch that no one mentioned in that council that Jon was the heir/king because that should have been taken in account. 

I wish they had written a scene were on of those little wildilings runs to march next to Jon, looks up and smile and he does the same. Some little joy, you know? Also, those kids were too cute for words.

Ghost didn't have an ear, snif. Glad to see Ghost/Jon reunited. 

I don't mind Arya sailing away, the kid has always been a free spirit. But it seems like a regression that she says she won't (ever) come back to Winterfell. Maybe something along the lines of 'I'm going West and one day I will be back to my family".

Good luck with all those loyal, trustworthy, noble Northern lords, Sansa. You are going to need it.

Edited by Raachel2008
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

He's the hero Westeros deserves, but not the one it needs right now.

• Love 5

Sansa will never marry.  She doesn't want to submit to anyone. She'll die with that same sour expression on her face.

Sophie Turner channels a corpse well.

Queen Elizabeth never married, but had a few paramours.  Sansa doesn't have to submit to any man to have a good time.

2.  Maybe just you.  It doesn't cross my mind that whenever a woman has sex she'll get pregnant.  

It didn't cross my mind that Brienne was pregnant with Jaime's child because of this ^ and because it is such a trite, soap opera-esque think to do.

It would have been nauseating for other reasons, too. Jaime already had three children, who he failed miserably. Why should another woman character be used to carry his redemption through by birthing him yet another heir? He made his shitty choices, and he died with them. Good riddance.  They've already shat all over the Brienne character, worse then I could have imagined. That would be the cherry on the shit sundae they created for her.

Tyrion is the last Lannister standing.  Another defunct family after all that scheming, murdering and power grabbing.  I wonder if he cared that Cersei was dead.

I wasn't moved at this scene, because Tyrion has already said goodbye to Jaime several times throughout this series. And I am not buying that he should feel anything but relief and happiness that Cersei is dead. The only way I would have been on board with that scene, after him sniffing out their bodies like a cadaver dog and pulling away a couple of  Styrofoam cement blocks to display them, is if he reached over and slapped Cersei's corpse hard across the face, and then did an about-face and trotted off.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5