Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E08: Birds, Broads and Breakups

• Start Topic

Didn't I read here that Barb had threatened to sue Bravo over the hot mic incident? And to placate her they made her a 'friend of'?  Maybe this is true and that's why the others are not so nice to her, she wasn't 'legitimately' invited onto the show like they were.

• Useful 3
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I have been sort of meh about her except how it relates to her clothing that is way too small and her awful lipstick color choice (change that please Barb) but last night I had a change of mind.  I think she is fine and I thought she was a good sport with all the Ramona bs. I am sure that Barbara's profession seems less than to Ramona who is a snob.  I also love a wrap dress and would love to get a DVF but just cannot bring myself to pay that much for something I wouldn't wear that often.

Off Fifth Outlet and DVF's website often have deep deep discounts. I don't think I've ever paid more than $100 for one of her dresses and I have a couple that I got for stupidly low prices like $30. However, wrap dresses have never worked that well on me even at my thinnest. I'm a pear and the shoulders of the dresses always wanted to slide off. Her strappy wrap dresses always worked better because I could have the straps shortened.

It's funny that Ramona is so busy castigating Barbara for wearing wrap dresses when they work so well on so many of them. Barbara, Luann, KKB, and Ramona have torsos that are pretty boxy. The wrap gives the illusion of more curves than they actually have. Not that they have bad figures or anything.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
Just now, HunterHunted said:

Off Fifth Outlet and DVF's website often have deep deep discounts. I don't think I've ever paid more than $100 for one of her dresses and I have a couple that I got for stupidly low prices like $30. However, wrap dresses have never worked that well on me even at my thinnest. I'm a pear and the shoulders of the dresses always wanted to slide off. Her strappy wrap dresses always worked better because I could have the straps shortened.

It's funny that Ramona is so busy castigating Barbara for wearing wrap dresses when they work so well on so many of them. Barbara, Luann, KKB, and Ramona have torsos that are pretty boxy. The wrap gives the illusion of more curves than they actually have. Not that they have bad figures or anything.

Thank you for the info!!!

• Love 2
1 minute ago, SallySarue said:

It's a completely different story when you are in a room that is silent, with all eyeballs on you, and everyone waiting for you to speak. Not the same as being on a reality show. It's called stage fright. I don't think it has to do with people knowing the info, it's about public speaking on the spot.

Also she apparently did share her story at the meeting she just said that it was hard and also mentioned that she was worried about how her anger and her story might feel to the people who had their own different experiences with the issue. It both illustrated she was a people pleaser/enabler but also her compassion for others.

• Love 12
13 hours ago, Booger666 said:

I think Ramona went after Barb because Ramona could never look that good in a wrap dress.  Ramona has great legs and arms, but a terribly bloated midsection from all the alcohol.   Ramona is probably worried she’d look like a maternity model in a wrap dress.

AB3A9387-7716-4180-9729-E48CE50D9C0D.jpeg

This!!! Thank you for pointing this out! Ramona keeps herself in pretty good shape in general, but I always notice her pinot gut. Like, girl, put on some spanx to suck that in a little. I'm not a huge Barbara fan, but I did feel badly for her when Ramona commented on her wrap dress. They're such a classic look that doesn't go out of style.

I think because Barbara works in the construction industry, Ramona thinks of her much like she thinks of those she considers "help" - doormen, waiters, maids, etc. and talks down to her and about her. She considers those people beneath her and I loathe how she speaks to them. Ramona wasn't born with a silver spoon in her mouth and forgets where she came from.

• Love 19
3 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

That hideous animal print version she is sporting does.

Yes, that print wouldn't be my taste either. I meant the structure of the wrap dress.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I thought that Dale liked Scott early on, when she thought he would be "the one" (or at least his bank account) to give Dale  Tinsley the life she deserves. When he did not jump at the chance to marry Tins and/or fertilize her children-to-be, I think she became less fond of him. 

I actually didn't mind seeing Mario again, even if it was a set up by production. He is certainly much easier on the eyes than any of the other guys of the same age that the howives socialize with. I was really hoping the editing monkeys had shown this pic of Mario, Ramona and Sonja. Mario looks much more into Sonja than Ro, complete with his hand on Sonja's butt. Like some others here, I have always thought that at least in the last year or two Ramona and Mario were married, there was something going on with Son and Mario. 

Ramona_Singer_Mario_Sonja_Morgan_bikini_sandwich-490x570.jpg

This picture is gross. That all look great even pre-boob job Ramona but it’s a married man with his wife and HES GOT HIS HAND ON HER BEST FRIENDS ASS!!! That some class A asshole husband material.  I know she’s crazy and insufferable but she’s better off without him and he will probably cheat on her again if they get back together. 

• Love 20
6 hours ago, Raiderred said:

Can't you photoshop abs? 

5 hours ago, politichick said:

Sigh. Can't we just give him credit for caring about his physical appearance and being an avid tennis player and someone who took care to have a nice body?

Ramona_Singer_Mario_Sonja_Morgan_bikini_

Looking closely at this photo, Raidered may be correct with the photoshopping.  If you look closely, there appears to be a weird "fold" of extra skin at the bottom of Mario's right nipple that runs across his chest.  It does look like his abdomen area was photoshopped.

And, we know that this photo was taken several years ago, because Ramona doesn't have her breast enhancement, but it looks like she has the same body type, with a "thick" middle.  Not that I'm putting her down, because I think she still looks amazing for someone her age (she and I are the same age, so not age-shaming, either), but it seems like this is just her body shape, and has been for quite a while.  

Having said that, I think that with that body shape, a wrap dress is not a complimentary style for her body type, so maybe that's why she made that comment to Barbara.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, Raiderred said:

Well, Sonja did say in the flashback they were both on the same hormones and they can definitely help the libido. Just sayin

I don't know, sometimes I think Ramona and Sonja talk so much about the importance of sex it's as though they are trying to convince themselves rather than anyone else. Those who talk, rarely act.

• Love 9
8 hours ago, Burly said:

Hello. I’m new. 

I’m an Englishman (not in New York, but Manchester) And just found this thread. Wow, it’s very fast moving isn’t it? I’m going to try and not be intimidated by you lot and join in a bit. Let’s see how it goes.. be gentle with me! 

I think they’re all extremely unlikeable so far this season. Compelling and enjoyable but unlikeable. Even Dorinda who I’ve loved until now comes off as a bit of a psycho. 

I’m really liking the way Barbara is stirring the shit. And they way she deals with confrontation (Dor’s apartment and Ramona last night) completely unphased. I see huge potential. Give the woman an apple. 

Bethenny Frankel’s desperation to be the centre of attention is very apparent. The persona being projected this season is pretty hideous. Bring back JZ 🤗

Welcome!

7dc04a37ef460e73fca59081812bcab4--southern-belle-southern-charm.jpg

• LOL 10
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

I wonder about Sonja's family. Not the chosen family that she always mentions, but the bio family, the Tremonts, which are never mentioned of. Why does she never speak of Mom, Dad, siblings? What do we know of them?

They live in upstate NY. I believe on a farm. Humble beginnings. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
21 hours ago, snarts said:

Bethenny is incredibly insecure, especially with other women her age or younger.  I think back on her interactions with Kristen Taekman, then Jules, and now Tinsley.  She has what I call "prettiest girl at the prom" syndrome where she absolutely must be thought of as the hottest. 

A good shrink will tell you this is all her noise about childhood abandonment and parental dysfunction. Bethenny was a princess she had love, flashy wealth, designer clothes, no curfew, in a fast paced, rough world not a preppy pampered one. When she went to prep school I think she found out she was very low on the spoiled brat continuum and resented the one thing she couldn't get/find at home safe boundaries and limits.  She always pushes ppl away with preemptive vulgarity and shock before they see the real little girl inside. 

21 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Absolutely! Watching the season Kelly joined the cast. In the pool Jill asks Frankel about Kelly. Frankel looks so annoyed, insecure and resentful. Kelly is a model, one of the beautiful people. You can see Frankel comparing herself physically to Kelly and coming up short. I think that’s also the reason the retouching remark from Lu upset her so much. Frankel was no beauty before all the money could pay for procedures, surgeries, makeup artists and a better wardrobe. 

They should hv asked kelly about Beth. Kelly knew all along. Bethenny playing up her antics constantly..... B took Kelly out first so Kelly wouldn't expose her, oldest trick in the book for a narc. 

21 hours ago, sasha206 said:

I'm really amazed there is anyone on the board that likes Beth anymore.  What is there to like?  She's either a neurotic crying mess, vulgar, mean, all-knowing, self-serving.  The only time I like her anymore is when she's handing out Visa cards.  I used to love her when she had some humility.  

She never had humility, ever. She had hustle and opportunity. Without her wedding, marriage and the baby she wouldn't be the $$$ success she is. Skinnygirl would not have launched without Jason, Bryn and the spin offs. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
23 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Absolutely! Watching the season Kelly joined the cast. In the pool Jill asks Frankel about Kelly. Frankel looks so annoyed, insecure and resentful. Kelly is a model, one of the beautiful people. You can see Frankel comparing herself physically to Kelly and coming up short. I think that’s also the reason the retouching remark from Lu upset her so much. Frankel was no beauty before all the money could pay for procedures, surgeries, makeup artists and a better wardrobe. 

I also think that’s the reason she keeps telling us about all these guys who worship her and are madly in love with her. 

I do agree with everything you said here except her wardrobe. I rewatch the old seasons ever so often and a lot of Bethany’s wardrobe still stands the test of time. She had a lot of classic with some quirkiness to it style. She and Carole both fell victim to getting freebies or clothes lent to them fashion victim syndrome.

i think Bethany always wanted to be the pretty one but she went with what worked, the self deprecating persona. I never fully brought it because beautiful women or women viewed that way unhinged her. 

All these women are horrid on this show but on this Atlanta, potamac as well, most of them have humanity to them unlike Beverly Hills where all are horrid. 

• Love 7
9 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

You should set up a search engine! Your username even lends itself to something that could rival Google. I always learn so much from you.

• Love 5
16 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Slightly OT

I had dinner at Il Cortile (Gangsta lunch scene) on Tuesday (hence my absence from the RHBH boards)

Jel: PS stopped by Ferrarra after and picked up a LB of Pignoli cookies and some Sfogliatella - YUM!!!!

Oh Geeze.  Brings back memories .. my husband used to stop at Ferrara, then to the Golden Dragon for ribs and dim sum to bring home.  Many years ago.

• Love 7
20 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Aren't the addicted supposed to stay away from people, places and things that triggered their addiction?  Funny how Lu keeps showing up in all those places, willingly too.

Yes, and ordering a non alcoholic drink in a martini glass doesn’t sound like a good idea for a newly sober person. ( I’m not sure Lu IS sober).

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, kicksave said:

They live in upstate NY. I believe on a farm. Humble beginnings. 

Wonder what they think of her while watching the show. She probably tells them “oh, it’s just playing the part for the show”, lol.  Liar pants on fire.

• Love 5
47 minutes ago, Mr. Minor said:

AM FBI, I like your username, I watched Midnight Run last weekend, hadn't seen it in 20 years, still funny!

@Mr. Minor marvin marvin look out!  Hahahaha

I'M MOSELY!

RHONY forensics is my hobby someone needs to write into reunion about ALL the times Bethenny had kissed a girl in her whole life.  On vacation on screen, on a WATERBED on screen.... lying liar who lies. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
On 4/24/2019 at 8:13 PM, Straycat80 said:

I loved when Sonja and Bethenny got excited when they spotted a Costco. They sounded like me and my friends. 

I would've paid money to see the two of them wander around a Costco! Seriously, how could the producers have passed up that opportunity?!? Sonja stealing as many free samples as possible, Bethenny buying a ton of stuff.

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
18 hours ago, Burly said:

I’m an Englishman (not in New York, but Manchester) And just found this thread. Wow, it’s very fast moving isn’t it? I’m going to try and not be intimidated by you lot and join in a bit.

Welcome aboard the crazy train, Burly!  Just jump right in and be part of the snarkfest!  

• Love 8
On 4/24/2019 at 10:11 PM, AuntieDiane6 said:

Who cares who Barbara likes or doesn’t like she’s not a part of this group. 

My thoughts exactly!  I don't care.  She was a bitch to Dorinda in Dorinda's own home.  Normally I don't like mean girls but I think she deserves every bit of shit she's getting from Ramona for walking around as if she's a fixture in this group.  Maybe I would have been more open to Babs if she wasn't being crammed down my throat, but as it is I really don't care.  I also don't like her wrap dresses and don't think she has a good body at all. <putting away inner mean girl....for now.>

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 10:58 AM, esco1822 said:

I thought the same when I saw it. Remember last season when Dennis wore that abomination of a yellow and purple sweater? B was saying how much she hated it (I think?) and he was all, "But it's Gucci!"

Dennis-Shields-Bethenny-Frankel-Dinner-RHONY.jpg

Well now we know Dennis' questionable fashion choices was probably because he was high.

• LOL 4
18 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

My thoughts exactly!  I don't care.  She was a bitch to Dorinda in Dorinda's own home.  Normally I don't like mean girls but I think she deserves every bit of shit she's getting from Ramona for walking around as if she's a fixture in this group.  Maybe I would have been more open to Babs if she wasn't being crammed down my throat, but as it is I really don't care.  I also don't like her wrap dresses and don't think she has a good body at all. <putting away inner mean girl....for now.>

Barb was GREAT spilling the tea to Carole on the hot mic about lu being willing to go thru w the wedding and divorce later.  Stay in your lane tho Barb. That's her role, as a bit player not as a HW. She can be the NJ Kim D. Or the BH morally corrupt Faye Resnick. But she can't be one of our main ho's. 

• Love 11

Lu has been decent this episode. She's been an entitled brat the past several episodes that I feel it's worth mentioning when she's not acting like a total tool. She seemed thoughtful and genuine when talking with Tinsley.  Tinsley may not have been totally forthright in her hesitation after that Al Anon meeting...her explanation just doesn't seem genuine. She said that she was fine with telling her story but her issue with the meeting is that it requires her to speak in front of people which she doesn't like yet part of her storyline this season is about her getting back into NYC society which includes taking on hosting gigs...which requires her to speak in public.

Ramona does lie but she lies with such conviction that I think that her delusional self can easily convince herself of things that didn't happen and can easily misremember things.

I love how all of the women acted surprise seeing Mario at the bar and then retelling the story as though it was completely random yet none questioned how he happened to have 'gifts' for them. Maybe it was a surprise to the women but it was just an interesting moment where you clearly see production at play and they didn't even bother to think of a good explanation for it, lol. 

I'm not sold on Barbara being a part of this group but I don't see why Ramona has to harp on the wrap dress. It's actually a flattering style on Barbara.

The mid-season trailer does look good. I guess there will be some irony to enjoy when it's Bethenny of all people losing her shit over Lu making everything about herself. I guess Bethenny recognizes it easily because she also does it all of the time as well. Hilarious in the clip alone, you can see Bethenny flip out on Lu for making everything about Lu and then turns it into something about Dennis which in turn is about Bethenny because that's all Bethenny has done this season - made a man's death all about herself, lol. Pot meet Kettle.

• Love 11
14 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

Didn't I read here that Barb had threatened to sue Bravo over the hot mic incident? And to placate her they made her a 'friend of'?  Maybe this is true and that's why the others are not so nice to her, she wasn't 'legitimately' invited onto the show like they were.

I remember the day that episode was to air. Usually shows scheduled to air have their episode synopsis outlined 2 weeks in advance. On the day the episode was going to air - it said TBD - to be determined.

This was because, Barbarian filed an emergency injunction motion to stop the airing of the episode. Barboon lost and the episode aired that night.

Ramona doesn't like her. Didn't like her before she was going to be on the show. Ramona was/is right.

I think Bravo agreed to Barbara coming in as a friend of because they wanted to make sure Luann would be part of the show this year so they could capture any more shenanigans from Luann on film. They were throwing Luann a bone not Barbara.

I believe Luann and Barbara have a history. I do not believe Luann signed over POA to Barbara. I think it was something production made up to use as a tie in to explain why Barbara is on the show.

I do not believe Barbara when she says she didn't know about the hot mic. I don't understand why Luann isn't still pissed off at her. What Barbara did is not an action of a friend. I wouldn't forgive a friend for speaking about my private business or something that would make me look bad to my mortal enemy. This is what Barbara did by revealing those things to Carole (even though Luann and Carole apologized to each other on camera you know they still hated each others guts) Barbara was gossiping, it was not coming from a place of concern. She didn't say Carole I'm really worried about Luann, I'm going to talk to Dorinda and see if we can talk to her privately. There are things happening that I want her to be aware of before she walks down the aisle. Instead this bitch does nothing, gossips behind Luann back at an event where RHNY is being filmed and then goes to Luann's wedding.

• Love 13
14 hours ago, Quita said:

I think because Barbara works in the construction industry, Ramona thinks of her much like she thinks of those she considers "help" - doormen, waiters, maids, etc. and talks down to her and about her. She considers those people beneath her and I loathe how she speaks to them. Ramona wasn't born with a silver spoon in her mouth and forgets where she came from.

THIS! This is exactly what I was trying to get at in my post. She's not jealous. She literally feels Barbara is beneath her. And I think it's because of where she came from that she acts that way. She feels she's clawed her way to a better life, the life she truly deserved. She doesn't ever want to go back. And, to her, associating with someone like Barbara might drag her back down. 

5 hours ago, Juliegirlj said:

Yes, and ordering a non alcoholic drink in a martini glass doesn’t sound like a good idea for a newly sober person. ( I’m not sure Lu IS sober).

I thought that was odd. Does she want to pretend she's still drinking? Convince OTHERS that she's drinking? None of those options sound healthy. 

• Love 14
4 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I thought that was odd. Does she want to pretend she's still drinking? Convince OTHERS that she's drinking? None of those options sound healthy. 

To give Lu the benefit of the doubt if I were the bartender and someone said they wanted a mock tail in a martini glass I would assume the wanted the drink to be served “up”, cold but with no ice. That bartender just looked confused so probably doesn’t get people asking for nonalcoholic drinks that aren’t soda and/or juice.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, mytmo said:

Well now we know Dennis' questionable fashion choices was probably because he was high.

I’m just wondering if Beth knew he was taking those pills.  If so, I’m sure she tried to help him.  People overdose for a reason.  Look at Anthony Bourdain.  He had everything going for him., and a daughter.

3 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

People overdose for a reason.  Look at Anthony Bourdain.  He had everything going for him., and a daughter.

One was a suicide by hanging the other appears to be an accidental overdose not remotely the same thing. People accidentally overdose all the time the only reason is their body couldn’t handle the dosage or the combination of drugs they took. Dennis even asked his assistant to get him his narcon so clearly wasn’t looking to die despite Bethenny’s stupid narrative.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

The mid-season trailer does look good. I guess there will be some irony to enjoy when it's Bethenny of all people losing her shit over Lu making everything about herself. I guess Bethenny recognizes it easily because she also does it all of the time as well. Hilarious in the clip alone, you can see Bethenny flip out on Lu for making everything about Lu and then turns it into something about Dennis which in turn is about Bethenny because that's all Bethenny has done this season - made a man's death all about herself, lol. Pot meet Kettle.

Remember a few episodes ago how Frankel complained to Dorinda about how Lu only talked about herself, her cabaret, her recovery, and never asked Frankel how she was dealing with Dennis’s death? It reminded her of her relationship with Bernadette. I think that’s one of Frankel’s greatest triggers. 

• Love 7
51 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

I’m just wondering if Beth knew he was taking those pills.  If so, I’m sure she tried to help him.  People overdose for a reason.  Look at Anthony Bourdain.  He had everything going for him., and a daughter.

I'm guessing she did and that was one of her concerns for marrying him.  And according to this article, he told the officers what he took and it was a combination of those that offed him.  The article also mentions his back issues.  

https://nypost.com/2018/08/17/dennis-shields-told-responding-cops-he-took-drug-cocktail/

Sadly, people often forget what they've taken and then take more when they are in that state not event thinking of the drug interactions.

1 hour ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Remember a few episodes ago how Frankel complained to Dorinda about how Lu only talked about herself, her cabaret, her recovery, and never asked Frankel how she was dealing with Dennis’s death? I

Boy, that's the pot calling the kettle black, isn't it?  

• Love 8
44 minutes ago, nexxie said:

How about Bryn? It’s really sad to think about the children of reality show narcissists, and what they have to deal with on a daily basis. 

This is why I think that Jason is fighting tooth and nail for his daughter. He knows what life with Bethenny is like.  

• Love 10

Ramona, unfortunately, like me, has a thick torso and no waist. It's a pain in ass. I've been 100 pounds and not worn a bikini because my torso is so thick. I've always been so jealous of people who are well proportioned. I even went to a surgeon for help, and they told me that I didn't have that much fat and because of where my hips and ribs were, there was nothing they could do. I will just never have that hour glass frame.

I think if Ramona got  her stomach as flat as possible, there would still be no curves. Like Kelly Bensimon, who had an oddly square tummy, obviously lipo'ed, and still, you just can't change your skeleton.

• Love 8
On 4/25/2019 at 10:12 AM, Booger666 said:

I think Ramona went after Barb because Ramona could never look that good in a wrap dress.  Ramona has great legs and arms, but a terribly bloated midsection from all the alcohol.   Ramona is probably worried she’d look like a maternity model in a wrap dress.

AB3A9387-7716-4180-9729-E48CE50D9C0D.jpeg

I don’t think Barbara is any slimmer in the middle than Ramona.  Barbara is built like a barrel.  I find her personality and looks so overbearing.

That hug Barbara tried to give Sonja at the spa day sleeved me out.  Sonja doesn’t want you, Barbara.

Oh, I see why B loses it on Lu.  Apparently, Lu never checked in on Dennis.  🙄.  B looks like a crazy woman, screaming and crying in that restaurant.  Lu will be forever in B’s debt for accepting her help....everything with B comes with strings.  I knew she didn’t help because it’s what a friend would do.

I’m a bit lonely at my table for one, since I’m giving Lu a bit of a pass this season.  She’s been through a lot of embarrassing things, in public, and yet she is doing her job on the show.  I’d prefer to see her try to hide her embarrassment and pain, than watch B breakdown 4-5 times a season.  In the previews, it seems Lu really stays calm while B is once again losing her mind, not to mention shoving something in Lu’s face.  Were that Dorinda, B would have drawn back a nub.  It’s a tired rerun of B’s Berkshires “whore” assault aimed at Lu.  I remember Lu remaining calm during that tantrum as well.  I can’t fault Lu for wanting her mocktail in a martini glass....I order mine in fancy glasses too.  Adding alcohol doesn’t automatically make the drink fancier.  

Ramona sure looked like she wasn’t over Mario.  I can’t feel sad for her because she is such a liar.  Mario looked like he wanted to slit his throat listening to Ramona spew her marriage advice to Avery.  

Tinsley has such little rich girl problems....she is so immature for her age.  No man is going to want to deal with Dale, who deemed Scott unworthy of one of her Christmas stockings.  I loathe Dale and her uppity smirk.

Dorinda looked horrible in her yoga pants at the circus rehearsal.....she needs to wear longer shirts with them.  The pics of her new apartment were unimpressive.

• Love 5